P3 Brake Controller & Harness were delivered from Amazon. Even came with the controller wiring harness that plugs directly into the stock OEM harness plug. No cutting or splicing of wires required. A high quality product - best brake controller on the market in my book.
P3 Brake Controller Mounting Kit was also delivered from ESP Truck Accessories. Another quality OEM product from Toyota and modified by ESP. Allows you to mount the Prodigy P3 in the dash of 2014, 2015 & 2016 Tundra Trucks! Clean easy install without cutting dash. Easier access to your trailer brake controller without leg interference.
Please read this WARNING before beginning any work.
Installing Brake Controller Mounting Plate part# TP#MNT from ESP Truck Accessories and Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller with Harness from Amazon.
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller includes generic wiring harness, instruction booklet/sheet, three mounting brackets, assorted screws, four wire connectors, and a nice carry pouch.
(Aftermarket wiring harness with P3 plug on one end and OEM brake controller factory wiring plug with ground on other end was included with Amazon purchase combo.)
P3 Trailer Brake Controller Mounting Kit comes with Dash Trim Plate, Instruction Sheet with some tiny pictures, and two controller allen head mounting screws.
As with any install - read entire instructions from start to finish. When you have a good mental picture you are ready to install:
1: Remove driver side sill plate by pulling up. Be careful not to break any plastic tabs.
2: Remove driver side kick plate by unscrewing plastic nut and sliding plate rearwards. Again, be careful not to break the two plastic slide tabs.
3: Remove the two 10mm bolts that are holding the lower dash panel and carefully pull outwards. Start with the bottom section of panel then top. Yet again, be careful not to break any plastic tabs or pull wiring.
4: Remove the right side upper dash trim plate by pulling outwards then unplug trac off & tow/haul switches.
5: Remove switches from original plate and snap into P3 Mounting Plate. Make sure you put switches back into the same locations.
6: Push the P3 Brake Controller into front side of P3 Mounting Plate and install the provided 2 screws into original mounting holes in P3 Brake Controller. These two screws secures brake controller in panel.
7: Plug in wiring harness (black flat plug) to rear of P3 Brake Controller. Route the wiring plug harness over to the kick panel side of vehicle. Plug in the trac off & tow/haul switch plugs.
8: Reinstall the P3 upper dash trim plate by aligning the four tabs and pushing plate inward until it snaps in place.
9: Locate pre-wired brake controller wire plug in kick panel area. Mine was hiding - electrical taped to side wire harness bundle. Untape it, plug in other end of brake controller harness (white square plug).
10: Reinstall lower dash panel and both 10mm bolts. Do not over tighten.
11: Loosen ground wire bolt to left of parking brake and attach ground wire.
12: Reinstall kick panel w/plastic nut - finger tighten only.
13: Reinstall side sill plate.
Note: Set up P3 Brake Controller by following manufacturer instructions.
That's it! Easy install.
If you ever decide to sell your truck and want to keep the controller for your new vehicle - no problem. Go through the steps again to disconnect & remove wiring harness then reinstall original panel & switches. You are now back to stock.
For more information check out their website: Tekonsha.com
P3 Product Overview:
P3 the industries most advanced electric trailer brake control. A true proportional braking system, P3 has several added features, making it the new standard for electric trailer brake controls.
•5 storable setting options for pulling different trailers or preferences of multiple drivers.
•A distinct, easy-to-read LCD display with multiple screen color options.
•Up-Front controls provide easy access to all P3 features.
•Easy to understand diagnostics show output current, battery, brake, and output voltage.
•A flashing red warning system alerts user to No Trailer Brake situations.
•Select Electric over Hydraulic or Electric trailer brake mode.
•Screen information display in English, French or Spanish.
•The Original Boost feature allows for different levels of customized braking.
•Compact, dash-hugging design.
•Integrated Plug-N-Play port for 2-plug adapters.
•Snap-in mounting clip allows user to remove and store the control when not in use.
•Electric trailer brake control for up to 4 braking axles.
•Limited Lifetime Warranty
Part Number: 90195
Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty
Dimensions: 4.5" L x 3" W x 10.63" H
Weight: 1.45 lbs.
Package Type: Boxed
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
1. Limited Lifetime Warranty (“Warranty”). Cequent Performance Products, Inc. ("We" or “Us”) warrants to the original consumer purchaser only ("You") that the product will be free from material defects in both material and workmanship, ordinary wear and tear excepted; provided that installation and use of the product is in accordance with product instructions. There are no other warranties, express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This warranty is not transferable.
2. Limitations on the Warranty. This Warranty does not cover: (a) normal wear and tear; (b) damage through abuse, neglect, misuse, or as a result of any accident or in any other manner; (c) damage from misapplication, overloading, or improper installation; (d) improper maintenance and repair; and (e) product alteration in any manner by anyone other than Us, with the sole exception of alterations made pursuant to product instructions and in a workmanlike manner.
3. Obligations of Purchaser. To make a Warranty claim, contact Us, at our principal address of 47912 Halyard Dr., #100, Plymouth, MI 48170, 1-800-521-0510, identify the product by model number, and follow the claim instructions that will be provided. Any returned product that is replaced by Us becomes our property. You will be responsible for return shipping costs. Please retain your purchase receipt to verify date of purchase and that You are the original consumer purchaser. The product and the purchase receipt must be provided to Us in order to process Your Warranty claim.
4. Remedy Limits. Product replacement is Your sole remedy under this Warranty. We shall not be liable for service or labor charges incurred in removing or replacing a product or any incidental or consequential damages of any kind.
5. Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge and agree that any use of the product for any purpose other than the specified use(s) stated in the product instructions is at Your own risk.
6. Governing Law. This Warranty gives You specific legal rights, and You also may have other rights which vary from state to state. This Warranty is governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to rules pertaining to conflicts of law. The state courts located in Oakland County, Michigan shall have exclusive jurisdiction for any disputes relating to this Warranty.