Shagpile: Troll par excellence!

Yorkshire Tyke
Standing in a Council Ward
Yorkshire Tyke

August 7th, 2018, 7:21 pm #1

07 August 2018
15:10

For the relatively few years that I have been a poster on this Forum I suppose I must have been exposed to the attentions of, at least, my own share of Internet Trolls... I just wasn't aware of it! Despite my age and wide professional experience as a communicator and negotiator I was, quite simply, an innocent abroad in the darker world of social media intercourse. What many, more experienced, posters would readily identify as the actions of an internet troll, I unwittingly regarded such posts as examples of bad manners and poor communication skills and so I ploughed on regardless, still puzzling over why my personal observations should attract such approbrium.

I am delighted to reveal that, recently, I experienced an epiphany moment regarding the psychology of on-line trolls. It was a quite accidental diversion leading to me reading a Wikipedia definition of an on-line troll; a diversion which was like a veil being drawn away from my eyes. Here, in words which leapt from my computer screen, was a full explanation of the personality, motives and actions of the individual who, so far as this forum is concerned, calls himself Shagpile.

The Wikipedia definition of a troll is as follows:

A troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous or off-topic messages in an online community with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalising tangential discussion whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

Every part of this definition describes Shagpile's activities on the Our Scotland Forum with one exception. I say with one exception because there is no description of an unhealthy interest in the bodily functions of the posters whom the troll chooses to attack; which was the case when Shagpile unleashed an inflammatory and defamatory attack on me in a post titled "It's Time..." of which he was the author. I hate to admit that I played into Shagpile's hands by reacting as he would have hoped by my stating I would break off any future correspondence on posts on which he had any input.

Now that the scales have fallen from my eyes I know how to deal with any future brushes with trolls. I have created a matrix which includes all aspects of a troll as defined by Wikipedia; I call the matrix: TRAMP (Troll Recognition And Monitoring Program) which can be applied to any on-line post, past present and future. I can see that such a matrix will provide me with much entertainment in the future. It goes without saying that I withdraw my stated intention to break off any correspondence relating to posts on which Shagpile has had any input. 
Things are not as bad as what they were before they weren't!

magister ludi
Ceud Mile Failte
magister ludi
Ceud Mile Failte

August 8th, 2018, 11:38 pm #2

Yorkshire Tyke wrote: 07 August 2018

A troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous or off-topic messages in an online community with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalising tangential discussion whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

Only just recently I heard of a troll being referred to as a "fast feud worker".  

Yorkshire Tyke
Yorkshire Tyke

August 9th, 2018, 1:45 pm #3

magister ludi wrote:

Only just recently I heard of a troll being referred to as a "fast feud worker".  
Bravo Magister, your neutral and humorous input is most welcome; it could be argued that your definition of a troll is, in these circumstances, more appropriate than that of Wikipedia.

Shagpile
'Our Scotland' Fossil
Shagpile
'Our Scotland' Fossil

August 15th, 2018, 8:56 pm #4

For the relatively few years that I have been a poster on this Forum I suppose I must have been exposed to the attentions of, at least, my own share of Internet Trolls... I just wasn't aware of it!
Liar.
Despite my age and wide professional experience as a communicator and negotiator I was, quite simply, an innocent abroad in the darker world of social media intercourse. What many, more experienced, posters would readily identify as the actions of an internet troll, I unwittingly regarded such posts as examples of bad manners and poor communication skills and so I ploughed on regardless, still puzzling over why my personal observations should attract such approbrium.
Well, favourite topic again... YOURSELF. 

I am delighted to reveal that, recently, I experienced an epiphany moment regarding the psychology of on-line trolls. It was a quite accidental diversion leading to me reading a Wikipedia definition of an on-line troll; a diversion which was like a veil being drawn away from my eyes. Here, in words which leapt from my computer screen, was a full explanation of the personality, motives and actions of the individual who, so far as this forum is concerned, calls himself Shagpile.
Evidence might be appropriate here, or don't YOU THINK? Clearly not.

A troll is a pers on who starts quarrels or upsets people on the internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous or off-topic messages in an online community with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalising tangential discussion whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
Post the proof. By your own definition (via Wikipedia) you are trolling.
Every part of this definition describes Shagpile's activities on the Our Scotland Forum with one exception. I say with one exception because there is no description of an unhealthy interest in the bodily functions of the posters whom the troll chooses to attack; which was the case when Shagpile unleashed an inflammatory and defamatory attack on me in a post titled "It's Time..." of which he was the author. I hate to admit that I played into Shagpile's hands by reacting as he would have hoped by my stating I would break off any future correspondence on posts on which he had any input.
Proof?
Now that the scales have fallen from my eyes I know how to deal with any future brushes with trolls.
Ouch... actually fuckin' scared shitless now! The fuckin' Tory unionist fuckin' trolls wot flit here tae tell us we're subsidy junkies and scoop up the free personal care... an tell us they chose to do so.... in the full klnoedge they kent fine they'd be payin' mair tax.... 😂😂😂 MY FECKIN' SIDES!!!
I have created a matrix which includes all aspects of a troll as defined by Wikipedia; I call the matrix: TRAMP (oll Recognition And Monitoring Program) which can be applied to any on-line post, past present and future. I can see that such a matrix will provide me with much entertainment in the future. It goes without saying that I withdraw my stated intention to break off any correspondence relating to posts on which Shagpile has had any input.
BRAVO!

Total FCUKWIT... Only he can see he's not.

I'd call that sad. 
They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast..... The Eagles.

Shagpile
'Our Scotland' Fossil
Shagpile
'Our Scotland' Fossil

August 15th, 2018, 9:10 pm #5

Yorkshire Tyke wrote:
Bravo Magister, your neutral and humorous input is most welcome; it could be argued that your definition of a troll is, in these circumstances, more appropriate than that of Wikipedia.
You do realise you just rubbished your former? You are truly a pr!ck.
They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast..... The Eagles.

Yorkshire Tyke
Yorkshire Tyke

August 17th, 2018, 1:47 pm #6

Shagpile wrote:

For the relatively few years that I have been a poster on this Forum I suppose I must have been exposed to the attentions of, at least, my own share of Internet Trolls... I just wasn't aware of it!
Liar.
Despite my age and wide professional experience as a communicator and negotiator I was, quite simply, an innocent abroad in the darker world of social media intercourse. What many, more experienced, posters would readily identify as the actions of an internet troll, I unwittingly regarded such posts as examples of bad manners and poor communication skills and so I ploughed on regardless, still puzzling over why my personal observations should attract such approbrium.
Well, favourite topic again... YOURSELF. 

Evidence might be appropriate here, or don't YOU THINK? Clearly not.

A troll is a pers on who starts quarrels or upsets people on the internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous or off-topic messages in an online community with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalising tangential discussion whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
Post the proof. By your own definition (via Wikipedia) you are trolling.
Proof?
Now that the scales have fallen from my eyes I know how to deal with any future brushes with trolls.
Ouch... actually fuckin' scared shitless now! The fuckin' Tory unionist fuckin' trolls wot flit here tae tell us we're subsidy junkies and scoop up the free personal care... an tell us they chose to do so.... in the full klnoedge they kent fine they'd be payin' mair tax.... 😂😂😂 MY FECKIN' SIDES!!!
I have created a matrix which includes all aspects of a troll as defined by Wikipedia; I call the matrix: TRAMP (oll Recognition And Monitoring Program) which can be applied to any on-line post, past present and future. I can see that such a matrix will provide me with much entertainment in the future. It goes without saying that I withdraw my stated intention to break off any correspondence relating to posts on which Shagpile has had any input.
BRAVO!

Total FCUKWIT... Only he can see he's not.

I'd call that sad. 
What took you so long to reply? Your intemperate language hardly requires reference to a dictionary or a thesaurus, or am I mistaking you for a normal creature in being?

I must say I am disappointed at the weakness of your response, (or should that be "outburst"?) which, other than confirming that you are, indeed, a troll without equal on this forum, also exposes the shallow depths of your ability to construct a reasoned argument. An example of your irrational thought processes occurs when you accuse me of only writing about myself and then, later, you level the charge that, by my own definition, I too am a troll. In other words you are saying I am a troll who trolls against himself... I don't think so! 

Then, of course, there is the language which you seem to delight in using even though it reveals you to be a heedless clod. Oh, it is true, you demonstrate a penchant for variations of the "f" word but, even then, you use those particular words in the wrong context. The result is that your profanities are as pot-holes in the highway of your discourse; you should avoid them if you wish to emerge undamaged at the conclusion of your written communication. Whilst on the subject of the words you favour, can you confirm that a "klnoedge" is not a profanity but, possibly, an obscure Scottish term? I should hate to use the word unwisely in the future.

Finally, I can reveal that your latest contribution to this post has clocked up a TRAMP matrix figure of 8/10. The cells remaining clear were 1. Off-topic and 2. Mocking. Your position at the top of the Troll podium remains unchallenged. 

Yorkshire Tyke
Yorkshire Tyke

August 17th, 2018, 2:18 pm #7

Shagpile wrote:
Yorkshire Tyke wrote:
You do realise you just rubbished your former? You are truly a pr!ck.
No. What I do realise is that you are someone who does not understand what "deconstructing" a sentence means. The words: "it could be argued" and "in these circumstances" all provide the element of possibility to the sentence rather than a contradiction. Take those words away and one is left with the statement: "Your definition of a troll is more appropriate than that of Wikipedia". This would, indeed, be "rubbishing" my original reference to the Wikipedia definition of a troll with my response to Magister. 

To what does "your former" refer? You really must try harder to write in UK English. You may regard me as a prick but, compared with you who is also a prick, I, at least am an intelligent prick!