Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Linux [ 7z ]
changelog | docs
TVTIME and Cameras:
- The command line parameter "-tvtime" has been added. It provides access to extra cameras, just like the TVTIME cheat.
- Holding Shift + Space hides the in-game menu. Hiding the HUD can be achieved with Shift + F5, then the menu can be hidden by holding Space alone.
- The free camera (F6) is now allowed to be used for players who finished in Battle Tag mode.
- Also, the currently followed player in spectator mode or F3 camera is properly saved after race restart.
- Improved level verification. Visual changes will not be tagged as cheat. It is safe to modify textures, music, wavs, etc.
Dummy files created by the game will be ignored (e.g. an empty .fld file).
Check the changelog for details.
- Using CARNIVAL and TRACKER will no longer tag players with CHT.
- MAKEITGOOD modes and some other cheats have been disabled for multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where the CHT tag remained after a new level has started.
Since it's important for both hosts and players to have the same track files, I recommend a fresh installation of Re-Volt, perhaps even a separate one for playing online.
Even if the player has correct car or track files, they will be tagged if the host has modified tracks or cars. To make sure that everyone playing online has the same files, I recommend to make a fresh installation of Re-Volt with RVGL:
1. Create a new folder for the installation.
2. Download the game files from here. Extract the game files into the new folder.
3. Download the most recent version of RVGL (links above). Extract the update into the new folder.
4. Optionally, get and unpack the multiplayer packs from here.