Moderators: Huki, jigebren
[RVGL] Gamma correction
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 04:01 PM
I've added support for changing the Brightness
once again. I initially thought it would be too hard to implement this in a cross-platform way, but I was wrong. So, these settings are finally back and should work just like before.
A couple of things to note:
- the gamma correction is applied only for the primary monitor in case of a multi-monitor setup. So in such cases, don't use these settings (put them to 50%) and instead use your monitor controls. The RVGL settings are mainly intended for users with old monitors that don't have such controls.
- the settings only work in fullscreen, there is no effect in windowed mode.
- in the event that rvgl crashes, the desktop brightness / contrast is restored back correctly on Linux. I can't say about Windows as I haven't tried crashing rvgl on Windows.
- use the -nogamma command line if you want to totally disable the gamma correction code.
Download the test build below (both Windows and Linux executables are included, so extract the appropriate one).
- Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 07:07 PM
Million thanks for this one, it will certainly help not only those with older monitors but also those who don't have the patience to reset gamma / brightness / contrast on their Windows after exiting RVGL :-)