Ripax77's PC port

A well deserved dedicated forum for this project.

Moderators: Huki, jigebren

Ripax77's PC port

ElectricBee
Regular

24 Aug 2014, 13:12 #1

Ripax77 had the bright idea of working on this. Might be old news to some who occupy both here and Re-Volt Live, but it's worth the mention for those that are Pub members only.
I occasionally make stuff at Re-Volt Live. Come and check it out some time.
Traitors deserve the monsters they make.

Join us on Discord!

nevermind
Alcoholic
nevermind
Alcoholic

26 Aug 2014, 14:15 #2

The topic has mysteryously disappeared. I managed to recover it from cache anyway, and it looks great. Using Clockwork grid when more than 12 cars are chosen is a great idea and I think it should be included in later 1.2 releases (maybe showing some sort of warning when you choose 13 or more, old computers may not load all textures).
Known as Jaenero in RV House

Kenny
Methanolic
Kenny
Methanolic

26 Aug 2014, 15:18 #3

The topic just got moved to a non-public section for the time being, at least until things get sorted out with 1.2 and/or the author decides to make it public again.

DJ Jake
Non Drinker
DJ Jake
Non Drinker

27 Aug 2014, 10:33 #4

I want to clarify some points here (because I don't want to open a new topic neither on RVL nor on ORP). The fact I put 1.3 in quotation marks means my goal wasn't to use Re-Volt "1.3" as a definitive project name. It seems some RVL members misunderstood that.
Since Huki has announced a project that consists to port Re-volt to use modern and open technologies, I don't think I would be ready to get really involved in my project. I remind you that I announced this project in case Re-Volt 1.2 was completely dead. And nowadays, we don't need two different versions of Re-Volt.
Now, those who really want to code and modify Re-Volt for fun, you can request me the ported source code (quite clean) by PM me.
I apologise to Huki, Jigebren and the Re-Volt community for having been too pretentious.