[request] Adding Dreamcast asset to v1.2

Feel that something could be improved? Let us know.

Moderators: Huki, jigebren

[request] Adding Dreamcast asset to v1.2

bonz
Sober
bonz
Sober
Joined: 6 Feb 2011, 11:05 PM

10 Jul 2013, 12:48 PM #1

Should we include all Dreamcast cars and the Rooftop track along with v1.2

Total votes: 52
26(50%)
0(0%)
7(13%)
4(8%)
13(25%)
2(4%)
0(0%)


-------------------------
split from the v1.2 topic
-------------------------


Hey guys!

Huki or jigebren, can you give me an ETA when we'll see Rooftops properly implemented (i.e. part of the championship), as well as an official release of the Dreamcast cars?

Or, I'd at least like to know where it's on the priority list.
Seeing features like slanted wheels getting made on demand... :rolleyes:

That extra track and the cars are the only things missing from Re-Volt for PC turning into that one definitive version of the game.
Even the iOS and Android versions feature Rooftops and the missing cars. :(
Quote
Like
Share

jigebren
... as a Newt
jigebren
... as a Newt
Joined: 5 Dec 2009, 11:38 PM

10 Jul 2013, 01:39 PM #2

bonz @ Jul 10 2013, 01:48 PM wrote:Huki or jigebren, can you give me an ETA when we'll see Rooftops properly implemented (i.e. part of the championship), as well as an official release of the Dreamcast cars?
I was very recently going to finally add better support for the rooftop track (eg. the chopper) but have had other priorities...
Anyway supporting the track is one thing, adding it to the championship is another, and the decision whether to do it or not has not been taken yet (same thing for the cars).

On the one hand we have request to add it. But if we do, well we'll undoubtedly have the usual complaint that this is not v1.1 anymore... And don't tell me, I know then we'll have the magical suggestion: "why don't you make it optional". And making everything optional do have a development cost, which is far greater than adding slanted wheels, if you want to compare...

So now the options are:
  1. we just don't add it
  2. we add it as a default feature, and chances are it could be done in not too much time
  3. we add it as an optional feature, and chances are it'll never be added.
Quote
Like
Share

urnemanden
... as a Newt
urnemanden
... as a Newt
Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 05:03 PM

11 Jul 2013, 08:29 AM #3

Just a thought: One could implement support for Dreamcast vehicles and tracks but not include them in the patch itself - if they are not installed by the user, 1.2 will just fall back to what is usual on PC.

In this case this probably still applies though:
Jigebren wrote:And making everything optional do have a development cost, which is far greater than adding slanted wheels, if you want to compare...
Quote
Like
Share

Kenny
Methanolic
Kenny
Methanolic
Joined: 1 Jun 2010, 04:18 PM

11 Jul 2013, 10:24 AM #4

jigebren @ Jul 10 2013, 02:39 PM wrote: But if we do, well we'll undoubtedly have the usual complaint that this is not v1.1 anymore...
I do believe when peoply say that, they are complaining about changed gameplay and I hardly doubt that there is any influence when you change some tracks for chmapionship in order for rooftops to be implemented.
Also only single player would be affected here.

As for the cars I can see the problem and I also think that it can't (and shouldn't) be optional to use them.

Why don't we just make a new thread with a poll for users to vote if they would like to have the cars/track firmly implemented? And there we could also discuss the whole thing.
We could also do a version jump or a new beta so we can give people the opportunity to stay at this version if they don't want the cars (currently some online users seem to prefer the beta 0208 anyway).
Quote
Like
Share

Phantom
100% Proofer
Phantom
100% Proofer
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 04:01 PM

11 Jul 2013, 12:18 PM #5

Kenny @ Jul 11 2013, 07:24 AM wrote: We could also do a version jump or a new beta so we can give people the opportunity to stay at this version if they don't want the cars (currently some online users seem to prefer the beta 0208 anyway).
Exactly what Kenny has pointed out here^, is what is being proposed here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Our_ReVolt_P ... topic=1870

The idea, or proposal, is that we can have a v1.2 and a v1.3.
v1.2 would be something similar to what we now know as Beta 0208, this means a stable version that has enough bug fixes to keep the game playable for being compatible with the new operative systems but keeps what players have called as the 'essence' of the game or the original re-volt gameplay.

v1.3 would be whatever the future is waiting for this game. With many new features like this which are great obviusly and we all want them, but we can't deny that some features will change dramatically what 'Re-Volt for PC' originally was.

Personally I have nothing against new cars, I loved the idea from the begining and I support it entirely by adding them as default, but I know that others won't think the same as me. Their arguments will rely on the oldest dilemma of this community: which car is the best? some will throw arguments for toyeca, others will throw arguments for humma, etc... we know the old story.

And when those DC cars are being added, things will be a little different over here. Neither toyeca nor humma will be the top choice anymore. I mean, the same game that (at least we the online players) played for many years won't be precisely the same anymore. So.. should we move on all together to the train of progress and get used to this new change? Or should we keep the original 'Re-Volt for PC' spirit as the real v1.2 and have a v1.3 with all the new gameplay additions?

I leave that question open.
We don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing.
Quote
Like
Share

Kenny
Methanolic
Kenny
Methanolic
Joined: 1 Jun 2010, 04:18 PM

11 Jul 2013, 01:17 PM #6

Phantom @ Jul 11 2013, 01:18 PM wrote: And when those DC cars are being added, things will be a little different over here. Neither toyeca nor humma will be the top choice anymore. I mean, the same game that (at least we the online players) played for many years won't be precisely the same anymore. So.. should we move on all together to the train of progress and get used to this new change? Or should we keep the original 'Re-Volt for PC' spirit as the real v1.2 and have a v1.3 with all the new gameplay additions?
Well its not like the cars are completely new or even unofficial (though I have to admit that the parameters and textures were recreated by the community but with the goal to keep them as close to the original ones as possible).

Also people (the majority) are already using the same car(s) over and over again in the online races which I believe is pretty boring. Currently there are like 2-3 cars that people choose which are Toycea (the most chosen), Cougar and perhaps AMW/Humma.

Sure, perhaps some DC cars are better and perhaps people will only chose those cars in future races over the stock ones but why would that be a bad thing?
The only reason I can see why people dislike that is that they don't want to adapt to a new, different handling or that they now don't know what they should use as their "new best car".
Well guess what, you'll only figure that out by trying out all the new cars and find out what suits you best. And its not like the stock cars are "locked away", you can still chose them if you have problems with the DC cars.
Quote
Like
Share

Stingox
Regular
Stingox
Regular
Joined: 8 Jul 2010, 01:38 PM

11 Jul 2013, 02:51 PM #7

The idea about adding the cars from dreamcast version is not the best in my opinion.
First of all, both the Purp XL and SNW35 are far better than Toyeca, Humma and Cougar. Maybe not at first, but people in the online scene would slowly start using Purp XL/SNW35 due to its advantages, more accleration and speed, not identical but not too difficult handling.
I asume that if anyone would want to see these cars in re-volt is to see more variety of choice during races, but it will end up the same as now. Nearly everyone use toyeca for its ease of use. Next would be to just see Purp XL because there is no longer any reason to use Toyeca. All cars will be wasted just like AMW is right now.
Other than that, the idea of re-volt 1.2 was to keep the original gameplay.
In my opinion, it would be a better idea to allow more personalization to the cars, like custom skins for each and everyone. Because after all, the cars from dreamcast version have the same looks as the original from the game.

In short, im against adding these cars to original re-volt, and support custom skins for every player instead.
Rock is overpowered, paper is fine.
-Scissors
Quote
Like
Share

jigebren
... as a Newt
jigebren
... as a Newt
Joined: 5 Dec 2009, 11:38 PM

11 Jul 2013, 09:13 PM #8

I've split this topic form the v1.2 main thread and attached a poll to it so you can give your point of view.

To give more details:

Adding DC cars would mean adding the carboxes in the frontend just like in the Dreamcast version (screenshot anyone?), and making them part of the game progress as (I guess) it's done in DC version.

For Rooftop, we have to add support for the new sounds and object. But it should also be merged in the championship as in the DC version. You have the choice in the poll.

And the last answer is obviously the best no-compromise answer. If everything is optional everyone can only be happy... But as I said above this is also probably the less likely to be ever implemented. So don't use this answer if you can be pretty satisfied with one of the others already, as it would make the poll totally useless.


Of course, feel free to argument your poll choice here...
Quote
Like
Share

Kenny
Methanolic
Kenny
Methanolic
Joined: 1 Jun 2010, 04:18 PM

11 Jul 2013, 10:46 PM #9

Stingox @ Jul 11 2013, 03:51 PM wrote: Maybe not at first, but people in the online scene would slowly start using Purp XL/SNW35 due to its advantages, more accleration and speed, not identical but not too difficult handling.
I asume that if anyone would want to see these cars in re-volt is to see more variety of choice during races, but it will end up the same as now. Nearly everyone use toyeca for its ease of use. Next would be to just see Purp XL because there is no longer any reason to use Toyeca. All cars will be wasted just like AMW is right now.
And where is the disadvantage here? You said it yourself, people would just be switching to other cars, from Toycea and Cougar to Purp XL and SNW35, the only thing that would change perhaps is the skill level because they are a little faster but then again, this is an arcade racing game so its not only about skill.
But even if people would strictly be using the DC cars instead, the situation wouldn't be any different that it currently is (except the cars have a different skin and are overall a little bit different).

On the other side I would see an advantage for offline/single players since they get something fresh/different from what they used to have and a reason to replay the game again (sure they can install all the custom cars/tracks they want but this is out of the box and basically from the official game).

Also a questionable thing here would be if we want to stick to the original game or the specific original version of the game.
The first one would imply that we also have to integrate the DC cars/track because currently the majority of ReVolt versions have them (Dreamcast, PSX, iOS and Android against Windows and N64) and if you don't go with the majority then go with the latest releases.

The latter one would of course require to stick to the 1.1 version and thus not including anything.

Oh and here's a screen of the boxes in the DC version, thats as good as I could make it (I was browsing through the boxes, thats why Candy Pepples and RC San are sticking out):


As you can see, the original cars are in the lower area, the DC ones are in the upper half.
The car behind the status bars is Toycea and the two locked boxes are Cougar and Humma (I assume even in that order, from bottom to top) and the box behind RC San is Sprinter XL.
Quote
Like
Share

Strix
Regular
Strix
Regular
Joined: 5 Jun 2011, 09:04 AM

11 Jul 2013, 11:31 PM #10

About DC cars in my opinion, and quickly : No.

The problem with the version DC is the SNW 35 and additionally the Purp XL.

The SNW 35 possesses all the advantages of Humma and Toyeca, a speed better than Toyeca (41 MPH), an acceleration better than Humma, a handling so easy as Toyeca, a capacity of u-turn so good as Humma.

To end simply, SNW 35 has no weakness, this car is totally Over powered. try in single player, SNW 35 will be necessarily first, or second if you are first. To have a car much stronger than the others in a game race is an enormous problem.

In my opinion, Purp XL is a lesser problem, it is balanced, it is faster and has a better acceleration than Toyeca but her is less stable, but for what we can blame is because this weakness (the stability) is not rather important.

As long as SNW 35 and Purp XL will be stronger than Cougar, Toyeca and Humma, I shall be against the addition of the cars. Sorry =/

I could speak also cars which are totally down, totally useless (yes yes yes, I look RV Loco, Pest Control, Fulon X, AMW and Genghis Kar (yes, battery...)) but I am occupied :3

By the way, I agree the addition of Rooftops ;)


Quote
Like
Share

mmudshark
Regular
Joined: 4 Apr 2011, 03:04 AM

12 Jul 2013, 03:42 AM #11

Stingox @ Jul 11 2013, 03:51 PM wrote:In short, im against adding these cars to original re-volt, and support custom skins for every player instead.
To save repeating what Stingox has said, I'll just agree with his entire post.
Quote
Like
Share

Phantom
100% Proofer
Phantom
100% Proofer
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 04:01 PM

12 Jul 2013, 03:50 AM #12

@Jig: can you please add to the Poll the option for:
"Add everything (cars + Rooftops) in a future v1.3 update"
or you maybe prefer to completely ignore the proposal? :rolleyes:

If the idea of a v1.3 is a possibility, then I'd vote for:
Yes, add everything (cars + Rooftop) in a v1.3 and leave v1.2 as it is.

If the idea of a v1.3 is going to be ignored, then I'd vote for:
Just add support for Rooftop track (for objects and sounds) but don't include it in the default championship.

Reason? I love new cars and I love big changes, but that is what I expected for a Re-Volt 2.0 and not for v1.2.
The essence of the original Re-Volt for PC was awesome and it would be a pity to lose it as-it-was.
We don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing.
Quote
Like
Share

BossVolter
Regular
Joined: 29 Nov 2011, 08:11 PM

12 Jul 2013, 07:48 AM #13

Voted for adding both (DC Cars + Rooftops)!
They are still a part of the game and I think they should be added in game.

About Online dillema:
The hoster easily can add a simple mention at the name of the room (something like: NO DC CARS ALLOWED or NO DC) and the racers who didn't respect this can be simply kicked out of the room.

The problem cars are: Purp XL, SNW 35, Fulon X and RV Loco.
Purp XL and SNW 35 are too fast and very hard to beat and Fulon X and RV Loco are too unstable for AI so they will have no chance to win.

Rooftops is fine. Maybe the AI is a problem because you can easily take the 1st place.

In short: I'm would like see them in next release.

P.S.: Obtaining method of the DC Cars:
BigVolt - 0
BossVolt - 1
RC, LA 54, Matra XL,..., Fulon X - 2 (beat the time trial time)
Quote
Like
Share

VaiDuX461
Methanolic
VaiDuX461
Methanolic
Joined: 2 Jul 2011, 04:02 PM

12 Jul 2013, 08:17 AM #14

I wouldn't mind about DC content, though most multiplayer people here are afraid of 2 overpowered cars.
As BossVolter suggested, host could simply add "NoDC cars" to room name OR I could suggest compatibility setting which locks DC cars if host wants, so people couldn't select those.

I think implementing Rooftops wouldn't affect anything and hoping nobody's mind, so I voted for that.
I wonder, why only few are discussing about Rooftops?
aka VaidX47, Vaid
--------------------
>[MediaFire Stuff]< | >[Steam Profile]<
Quote
Like
Share

urnemanden
... as a Newt
urnemanden
... as a Newt
Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 05:03 PM

12 Jul 2013, 10:05 AM #15

I haven't personally played Re-Volt on DC and hence do not feel any connection to said tracks/cars (especially cars). I still recognize Rooftops as part of the game though due how well it takes advantage of everything Re-Volt provides from objects to SFX so I voted 'add Rooftops'. As for the cars, I personally have no interest in them, and I wouldn't say it is worth the effort.That's just my opinion though.
Quote
Like
Share

jigebren
... as a Newt
jigebren
... as a Newt
Joined: 5 Dec 2009, 11:38 PM

12 Jul 2013, 01:10 PM #16

Well, I'm just surprised than nobody seems to be against modifying the current championship to include Rooftop... Is it only because there's very few offline players left, so no one really care about championship? Or simply because including Rooftop in the championship actually sounds good to most of you?
Phantom @ Jul 12 2013, 04:50 AM wrote:@Jig: can you please add to the Poll the option for:
"Add everything (cars + Rooftops) in a future v1.3 update"
or you maybe prefer to completely ignore the proposal?.
Second option... :)
I don't support the v1.3 idea. I was curious to read the arguments and I'll answer in the dedicated topic when I have time to write about it. (edit: but if you want to know, I just read Urne's answer and it rather properly sums up my PoV.)
Quote
Like
Share

Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 25 May 2013, 12:17 PM

12 Jul 2013, 01:47 PM #17

The Dreamcast re-volt achievable for PC, like cheap re-volt? :unsure:
I mean not to take in with cheap re-volt, but to do a different software. :)
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
Quote
Like
Share

Phantom
100% Proofer
Phantom
100% Proofer
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 04:01 PM

12 Jul 2013, 02:41 PM #18

jigebren @ Jul 12 2013, 10:10 AM wrote:
Phantom @ Jul 12 2013, 04:50 AM wrote:@Jig: can you please add to the Poll the option for:
"Add everything (cars + Rooftops) in a future v1.3 update"
or you maybe prefer to completely ignore the proposal?.
Second option... :)
I don't support the v1.3 idea. I was curious to read the arguments and I'll answer in the dedicated topic when I have time to write about it. (edit: but if you want to know, I just read Urne's answer and it rather properly sums up my PoV.)
In that case my vote will have to be:
Just add support for Rooftop track (for objects and sounds) but don't include it in the default championship

I don't want to have the silver cup modified. For me the real and only silver cup tracks will be Toy World 1, Ghost Town 1 and Toy World 2.

It is sad that you don't support the v1.3 idea, but i understand the development costs.

Well, at least now I know that some of us will have to save our precious Beta 0208 in a very secure box, it might be the only way to see the original re-volt once again.
We don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing.
Quote
Like
Share

Huki
... as a Newt
Huki
... as a Newt
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 04:01 PM

12 Jul 2013, 03:58 PM #19

@Strix: First of all, congratulations on your effort in recreating the DC car textures. I just noticed it yesterday and I really appreciate that you undertook this work. It's too bad that you lost your work on BigVolt, I hope you're able to get back the motivation to redo it.
Wonder if you'd consider reposting it in this forum. For the ORP faithful, link here.

This is the idea I had for integrating DC content:
  • Rooftops would be unlocked by winning the Bronze cup and appear in the track selection screen between Garden and Toy1 as intended, but it would not make an appearance in the championships.
  • Winning Rooftops in Single Race and getting the Practice star would unlock BigVolt and BossVolt. We have space for adding them on the shelf without disturbing the existing cars. These 2 could be made special cars similar to Rotor and Panga, i.e., only available to the player and not the AI.
  • The rest of the DC cars (and some PSX variations) could be integrated into the planned repaints support once it is finished. Whether we keep their different parameters or it will be a texture-only change depends on how we would like to shape up the repaints feature itself.
  • With regards to AI selection in Single Race, we could make sure:
    1. <li>A repaint and the base car are not both selected in the same race.
    2. A repaint is only selected if the player has already won that track before (not entirely sure about this one).
    </li>
Reasons to do it exactly like the DC version:
- It was the final re-volt version.
- We would be aligning v1.2 with the official iPad port.

Reasons to do it similar to my idea:
- PC gameplay is retained.
- We'd be able to respect the original developers' content by integrating them, and at the same time evolve the PC version in our own way (hey, finders keepers right? :rolleyes: ).
Quote
Like
Share

Strix
Regular
Strix
Regular
Joined: 5 Jun 2011, 09:04 AM

12 Jul 2013, 04:40 PM #20

Huki @ Jul 12 2013, 04:58 PM wrote: @Strix: First of all, congratulations on your effort in recreating the DC car textures. I just noticed it yesterday and I really appreciate that you undertook this work. It's too bad that you lost your work on BigVolt, I hope you're able to get back the motivation to redo it.
Wonder if you'd consider reposting it in this forum. For the ORP faithful, link here.
Thank you Huki :)

To post it in ORP, it is possible, I shall post in this forum in the appropriate part (re-volt cars) when I shall have ended RC ;)
I have to modify the message of origin by putting it more information, that can seem disrupted currently. All the information is splitted in the topic (error reports, notices, suggestions etc.).
Thus, I shall post in ORP... tomorrow ^^

I'm again a little demotivated for BigVolt, but the motivation get back slowly ;)
I did not lose all work of BigVolt, I still have decals, thumbnails and a screenshot of the redone car.


Quote
Like
Share

Kenny
Methanolic
Kenny
Methanolic
Joined: 1 Jun 2010, 04:18 PM

12 Jul 2013, 05:04 PM #21

Huki @ Jul 12 2013, 04:58 PM wrote: This is the idea I had for integrating DC content
Sorry but personally I would prefer that everything gets included the way it was originally meant to be (which includes the way you unlock the DC cars and that Rooftops gets added to the championship).

I don't know how other people who want to have the DC content feel about this but if we would just add the content without actually touching the singleplayer part with the unlockables and the championship then we might as well leave the whole content out and let users use it as custom content like it is now (and yes I would rather leave everything untouched than adding only partial content that is not really integrated in the game).

And I honestly fail to see the reason why adding the content in the same way as the DC version has it is a bad thing.
People in Singleplayer might as well switch back to beta version or current alpha if they somehow don't like that the AI has a few more cars to choose, that the player can unlock more and that the championship order has changed a little.
And people in Multiplayer don't even need to switch back to an older version, as VaiDuX461 and BossVolter said it, the host can simply open up a lobby with something like "no DC content" in it and kick all the players that don't follow that procedure.
Quote
Like
Share

jigebren
... as a Newt
jigebren
... as a Newt
Joined: 5 Dec 2009, 11:38 PM

12 Jul 2013, 06:02 PM #22

+1 for Huki suggestion. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't sound bad and it looks like a valid alternative.

I've added it to the poll (I'm afraid those who voted already can't do it again if they feel like this is their new choice, but there's nothing I can do about it).
Quote
Like
Share

Dolo
Alcoholic
Dolo
Alcoholic
Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 04:58 PM

12 Jul 2013, 06:21 PM #23

Hey guys, u want this cars ??? U want this track ??? SO, it's easy ! Extract it in ur revolt folder...
Yes, u can do it since 1999 !!!!
Quote
Like
Share

jigebren
... as a Newt
jigebren
... as a Newt
Joined: 5 Dec 2009, 11:38 PM

12 Jul 2013, 06:41 PM #24

Dolo @ Jul 12 2013, 07:21 PM wrote: Yes, u can do it since 1999 !!!!
And the helicopter will move like... Oh, wait, no helicopter... And the sounds will... Oh no, no Rooftop sounds either... And the skybox, oh wait...
Quote
Like
Share

Dolo
Alcoholic
Dolo
Alcoholic
Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 04:58 PM

12 Jul 2013, 07:29 PM #25

jigebren @ Jul 12 2013, 07:41 PM wrote:
Dolo @ Jul 12 2013, 07:21 PM wrote: Yes, u can do it since 1999 !!!!
And the helicopter will move like... Oh, wait, no helicopter... And the sounds will... Oh no, no Rooftop sounds either... And the skybox, oh wait...
Oh and you think that's kind of things are important when you race ??? It's just like a pleasure for track makers and developpers... a kind of handjob...
But if u want to develop for develop, no problem, do it...
Quote
Like
Share

jigebren
... as a Newt
jigebren
... as a Newt
Joined: 5 Dec 2009, 11:38 PM

12 Jul 2013, 07:43 PM #26

Dolo @ Jul 12 2013, 08:29 PM wrote:Oh and you think that's kind of things are important when you race ???
I do, and I guess I'm not the only one.
Quote
Like
Share

mmudshark
Regular
Joined: 4 Apr 2011, 03:04 AM

12 Jul 2013, 10:18 PM #27

As of when I'm posting this, there are 8 who do not want the DC cars added, but with the way the poll is set up, it doesn't count that way.
Quote
Like
Share

Stingox
Regular
Stingox
Regular
Joined: 8 Jul 2010, 01:38 PM

12 Jul 2013, 11:30 PM #28

to all custom car & track makers, i respect your interest in creating new things, but dont forget that it is CUSTOM made. it is not original and doesnt belong to original re-volt.
Dreamcast version is not official for PC, so anything added to it is like adding custom made things. like dolo said, its been like this since 1999 and it has never been a problem.
if you dont race online you have no idea how it would impact the game
Rock is overpowered, paper is fine.
-Scissors
Quote
Like
Share

Allan1
Sober
Allan1
Sober
Joined: 1 Sep 2010, 06:18 PM

13 Jul 2013, 01:22 AM #29

Dolo @ Jul 12 2013, 08:29 PM wrote:Oh and you think that's kind of things are important when you race ???
Isn't just the race man, fans of the game want all the things, not everyone can get a dc version, is a damn hell have to download and race a custom from internet, is not the same thing !!
And the helicopter will move like... Oh, wait, no helicopter... And the sounds will... Oh no, no Rooftop sounds either... And the skybox, oh wait...
This.
Quote
Like
Share

mmudshark
Regular
Joined: 4 Apr 2011, 03:04 AM

13 Jul 2013, 07:03 AM #30

Allan1 @ Jul 13 2013, 02:22 AM wrote:
And the helicopter will move like... Oh, wait, no helicopter... And the sounds will... Oh no, no Rooftop sounds either... And the skybox, oh wait...
This.
Let me see if I understand this correctly. Are you saying that you have custom cars in your version of revolt but don't know how to install the DC car pack too?
My version of Rooftops has a moving helicoptor when we race online and all the sounds as well.
Or is the problem that you do not know how to install custom tracks either?
(or is there more than one track named "Rooftops" in the revolt track menu?)
Quote
Like
Share

Platform
Regular
Platform
Regular
Joined: 23 Sep 2012, 10:22 AM

13 Jul 2013, 07:40 AM #31

I Voted Add Everything Because I Like Dreamcast Version :D

I Edited Post:Rooftops Should Included In Championship!
Im Progress Addition Car Ratings

New Stock Tracks Will Be

Supermarket 3
Toys in the Hood 3
Ghost Town 3

And One Is Titanum Cup Is Working
Quote
Like
Share

Dolo
Alcoholic
Dolo
Alcoholic
Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 04:58 PM

13 Jul 2013, 09:23 AM #32

Platform @ Jul 13 2013, 08:40 AM wrote:I Voted Add Everything Because I Like Dreamcast Version :D
And You Are Happy With Your Bullshit ?? :D
Quote
Like
Share

BossVolter
Regular
Joined: 29 Nov 2011, 08:11 PM

13 Jul 2013, 09:48 AM #33

I don't know if it's possible, but...I'm gonna to suggest it here:

All the builds are just like a chain. If you didn't downloaded the first build, you will still get the features from that build in the next build.

My idea consists in making the Dreamcast build to don't "fit" to the rest of builds, to be a separated build from the rest of chain. So if you don't want the DC build, in the next build you will don't have the features which were available in DC build and if you have the DC build and update it with the next build you will have the features from both builds.

So if this is possible, I'm sure everybody will be happy: the online users because they don't want the gameplay to be alterated and the DC fans because they will be able to play the Dreamcast content as stock on PC.
Quote
Like
Share

Dolo
Alcoholic
Dolo
Alcoholic
Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 04:58 PM

13 Jul 2013, 10:17 AM #34

BossVolter @ Jul 13 2013, 10:48 AM wrote:I don't know if it's possible, but...I'm gonna to suggest it here:

All the builds are just like a chain. If you didn't downloaded the first build, you will still get the features from that build in the next build.

My idea consists in making the Dreamcast build to don't "fit" to the rest of builds, to be a separated build from the rest of chain. So if you don't want the DC build, in the next build you will don't have the features which were available in DC build and if you have the DC build and update it with the next build you will have the features from both builds.

So if this is possible, I'm sure everybody will be happy: the online users because they don't want the gameplay to be alterated and the DC fans because they will be able to play the Dreamcast content as stock on PC.
I've better idea, put all features that u want and remove the online support in it !! (like the dreamcast version btw)...
The majority of online players don't want this version in rvhouse ...
Quote
Like
Share

kajeuter
Alcoholic
kajeuter
Alcoholic
Joined: 10 Mar 2011, 10:28 AM

13 Jul 2013, 01:42 PM #35

Just the 'rooftops' track in my opinion. I raced a few times with the cars and they are not really interesting. In fact, the stocks are fine to do normal and slug races.
Quote
Like
Share

Allan1
Sober
Allan1
Sober
Joined: 1 Sep 2010, 06:18 PM

13 Jul 2013, 04:28 PM #36

mmudshark @ Jul 13 2013, 08:03 AM wrote:Let me see if I understand this correctly.  Are you saying that you have custom cars in your version of revolt but don't know how to install the DC car pack too?
mmudshark @ Jul 13 2013, 08:03 AM wrote:Or is the problem that you do not know how to install custom tracks either?
I know install them.
When I said "custom" I mean "pc version of Rooftops".

Cars for me is ok. Just add support for Rooftop track
Quote
Like
Share

mmudshark
Regular
Joined: 4 Apr 2011, 03:04 AM

13 Jul 2013, 07:36 PM #37

Allan1 @ Jul 13 2013, 05:28 PM wrote:
mmudshark @ Jul 13 2013, 08:03 AM wrote:Let me see if I understand this correctly.  Are you saying that you have custom cars in your version of revolt but don't know how to install the DC car pack too?
mmudshark @ Jul 13 2013, 08:03 AM wrote:Or is the problem that you do not know how to install custom tracks either?
I know install them.
When I said "custom" I mean "pc version of Rooftops".

Cars for me is ok. Just add support for Rooftop track
Ok, thanks for explaining it Allan.

Here is what my Rooftops looks like.

Heli in Rooftops

I still don't see the need of it being included in default tracks. The cars being included is an abomination as far as I'm concerned.
Quote
Like
Share

Dolo
Alcoholic
Dolo
Alcoholic
Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 04:58 PM

13 Jul 2013, 10:10 PM #38

:)
Quote
Like
Share

Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 25 May 2013, 12:17 PM

13 Jul 2013, 10:12 PM #39

My vote: thanks not.
The simple RV cars are the bests for online racing.. that's all <_<
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
Quote
Like
Share

RafSTer
Sober
Joined: 4 Dec 2012, 09:36 PM

13 Jul 2013, 10:25 PM #40

No way ozzzzay... Just make and expansion pack with dc cars and whatever track u like... don't kill the pc version. Oh and u should implent the feature that u can type the track u like online... cmon now...
Quote
Like
Share

RafSTer
Sober
Joined: 4 Dec 2012, 09:36 PM

13 Jul 2013, 10:32 PM #41

I am sorry to say that but I am abit against the idea of releasing a new version of revolt for this... I would think that just adding the dc cars and extra tracks in a sort of ''Stand Alone'' expansion set and if needed have its own version that could do the thing.. It is my suggestion to you guys.
Quote
Like
Share

Balint12
Alcoholic
Balint12
Alcoholic
Joined: 26 Jun 2011, 06:25 PM

14 Jul 2013, 07:37 AM #42

Voted for 'Don't add anything'
I don't think Re-Volt has to be totally changed.
Quote
Like
Share

Pranav
Alcoholic
Pranav
Alcoholic
Joined: 7 Aug 2011, 06:49 AM

14 Jul 2013, 09:42 AM #43

Adding Rooftops is ok for me but no cars please.
Xenon1 @RVZT and @RVH
Quote
Like
Share

RaydenX
Regular
RaydenX
Regular
Joined: 11 Jun 2010, 06:45 AM

14 Jul 2013, 09:24 PM #44

Please, add everything. You may also think of adding the cars from the various Demo versions but since they are not very important, they should be optional.
Quote
Like
Share

mmudshark
Regular
Joined: 4 Apr 2011, 03:04 AM

14 Jul 2013, 11:33 PM #45

RaydenX @ Jul 14 2013, 10:24 PM wrote: Please, add everything. You may also think of adding the cars from the various Demo versions but since they are not very important, they should be optional.
Here's an idea. Why not just add every decent downloadable car that has been made to the original version of Revolt.
Quote
Like
Share

Allan1
Sober
Allan1
Sober
Joined: 1 Sep 2010, 06:18 PM

14 Jul 2013, 11:48 PM #46

mmudshark @ Jul 15 2013, 12:33 AM wrote:
RaydenX @ Jul 14 2013, 10:24 PM wrote: Please, add everything. You may also think of adding the cars from the various Demo versions but since they are not very important, they should be optional.
Here's an idea. Why not just add every decent downloadable car that has been made to the original version of Revolt.
Yes, is a good idea.
Why not add all the things created by developers? Something like the "Re-Volt Gold" planned by the creators.
Quote
Like
Share

Phantom
100% Proofer
Phantom
100% Proofer
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 04:01 PM

15 Jul 2013, 05:11 AM #47

Allan1 @ Jul 14 2013, 08:48 PM wrote: Yes, is a good idea.
Why not add all the things created by developers? Something like the "Re-Volt Gold" planned by the creators.
Allan, sorry to break your dream feelings but mmud was being ironic..
We don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing.
Quote
Like
Share

sebr
Methanolic
sebr
Methanolic
Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 05:26 PM

15 Jul 2013, 03:34 PM #48

here is my little point of view
because i'm online AND offline racer addict

I would like to add everyting and nothing at the same time ... (yes you can say im crazy !)

Of couse revolt PC is not revolt DC, but DC cars and track are realy intersting

I REALY whish to add full Rooftops on Re-Volt (but adding it in championship : No)
why not only unlock it by winning Bronz Cup like Huki said

About cars, i wish to add them on car selection, but not alowing theme in revolt progression table process. Exemple : win a offline stock race or championship with dc cars NEVER help to increase progression table (leave revolt pc progression as it was since 1999)
But why not unlock theme in the same time as pc cars :
automaticaly unlock Amateur DC cars when all Amateur PC cars unlocked and do the same for Advanced, Semi-Pro, Pro

But in online race add the (CHT) like today
Or replace (CHT) by nothing if you add on online dc race mode
we can add it on rvhouse like this
Version All => revolt 1.1 race like today
Version 1.2 => revolt 1.2 race like today
Version DC => revolt 1.2 race like today With DC cars alowed as stock cars
but when people look at the rooms it must be automaticaly added in room title
(it's a missing rvhouse feature, today when we join a room we can't know if it's a ALL version or 1.2 only)
Quote
Like
Share

Skarma
Everclear-Addict
Skarma
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 20 Jul 2004, 01:05 PM

15 Jul 2013, 04:52 PM #49

Chuck up another vote for "Don't add anything!".
Quote
Like
Share

Touriga
Regular
Touriga
Regular
Joined: 23 Aug 2012, 07:07 PM

15 Jul 2013, 06:21 PM #50

+1 Vote for Do not add anything
Quote
Like
Share