Moderator: VaiDuX461

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

1 Nov 2015, 11:44 PM #351

Also please change kadc.
P2P no longer works and ip detect takes a few tries, isnt easier to just use builtin IP detection from centralized instead of relying on a external IP teller?
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Phantom
100% Proofer
Phantom
100% Proofer
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 04:01 PM

2 Nov 2015, 12:44 AM #352

Adding with Dolo's idea, if the room is all versions I think it should stay locked (greyed out as it was in the past) since it doesn't have late joining at all. For rooms hosted with v1.2 only mode, it should still have a way to disable late joining from the lobby launcher without removing the 1.2 mode and these rooms should stay open to new guests.

I'm not sure how you're planning to make a version detector for House. It would be wonderful but I thought you said it's really hard to implement it inside House since it doesn't have a way to analyze revolt.exe without launching it. Maybe this fix should also be implemented in Re-Volt to help people using other lobby launchers as GameRanger or the italians who play at Evolve and Tunngle.
So when Re-Volt is launched and tries to connect to the host, the accurate host's version is shared with the guests and the guests receive some kind of message when the versions are incompatible with each other. I think I've already written something about it when I realized that not knowing the host's version was the main annoyance preventing racing at gameranger but I'm not sure where.

Edit: Oh yes, I found it.
Version detector when the host has a different version than yours. If you join a room where the host has "X" version and you have "Y" version, the game itself should tell you what version is being hosted, to extend the "Wrong version" pop message.
We don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing.
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

2 Nov 2015, 03:54 AM #353

Extra note: Remove the checkmark "Allow to join started races" and eliminate the need of having that checked and rather deciding automatically whatever the user can join or not.

Version detector could be made by checking executables CRC (and using quotes, unlike old crc checks that failed, but that was directplay anyway)
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Huki
... as a Newt
Huki
... as a Newt
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 04:01 PM

3 Nov 2015, 06:10 PM #354

RV House 0.94.0 is released. You should receive a notification to update along with the changelog the next time you start it.
Some things to note:
  • The notification shown to Linux users also link to the Windows setup file, this will be fixed in future versions. For now, replace the rv_house_setup.exe part of the link with rv_house_linux.tar.gz.
  • RV House builds are hosted from now on in the rv12.revoltzone.net domain. However, if someone downloads v0.93.7 from the rvhouse website, they will still receive the notification prompt to update to the latest version.
  • The recently posted french and spanish files make rvhouse's About dialog too wide, because they specify multiple names and emails. Ideally, the About page should display only: 1) the name of the language, 2) name and email of the last / most active person to provide the translation, and 3) version the translation is intended for. This will let users quickly view the version supported by the language and who to contact for future updates. To credit the previous contributors, their names can be moved to the end of the language def file.
On to more interesting things, I have added:
  • support for displaying whether a certain room uses RVGL or previous re-volt versions.
  • support for https:// links in chat messages. Other cases like 'www.bleh.boo' were already working, this was the only case that needed to be added, and it's now added.
Quote
Like
Share

Phantom
100% Proofer
Phantom
100% Proofer
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 04:01 PM

4 Nov 2015, 01:25 AM #355

Huki @ 3 Nov 2015, 03:10 PM wrote: Other cases like 'www.bleh.boo' were already working
Maybe my installation is messed up then. You say that typing www.google.com or just www. doesn't clear the chat for you?
We don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing.
Quote
Like
Share

Huki
... as a Newt
Huki
... as a Newt
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 04:01 PM

4 Nov 2015, 03:51 AM #356

Phantom @ 4 Nov 2015, 06:55 AM wrote:
Huki @ 3 Nov 2015, 03:10 PM wrote: Other cases like 'www.bleh.boo' were already working
Maybe my installation is messed up then. You say that typing www.google.com or just www. doesn't clear the chat for you?
Typing a www link doesn't clear the chat, clicking on it does. I only found that out today. That should be fixed for the next release.
Quote
Like
Share

arto
100% Proofer
arto
100% Proofer
Joined: 15 Jun 2005, 07:18 AM

4 Nov 2015, 06:29 AM #357

Abc @ 2 Nov 2015, 12:44 AM wrote: Also please change kadc.
P2P no longer works and ip detect takes a few tries, isnt easier to just use builtin IP detection from centralized instead of relying on a external IP teller?
The main idea with P2P is that RV House will continue to work even if centralized server goes down or doesn't even exist anymore.

So using that for IP detection would defeat that purpose. Of course one could first try from the centralized server and then try external IP teller. But perhaps it'd be just better to change to some other IP teller if the current one has not been reliable.

Finally big thanks to Huki for making these improvements! This is exactly why I made RV House open source.
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

4 Nov 2015, 05:51 PM #358

arto @ 4 Nov 2015, 03:29 AM wrote:
Abc @ 2 Nov 2015, 12:44 AM wrote: Also please change kadc.
P2P no longer works and ip detect takes a few tries, isnt easier to just use builtin IP detection from centralized instead of relying on a external IP teller?
The main idea with P2P is that RV House will continue to work even if centralized server goes down or doesn't even exist anymore.

So using that for IP detection would defeat that purpose. Of course one could first try from the centralized server and then try external IP teller. But perhaps it'd be just better to change to some other IP teller if the current one has not been reliable.

Finally big thanks to Huki for making these improvements! This is exactly why I made RV House open source.
i meant: P2P itself knows the IP because its *public*.
the current one is reliable, just the program doesnt 100% follow certain guidelines
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 25 May 2013, 12:17 PM

18 Nov 2015, 07:41 PM #359

"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

20 Nov 2015, 02:53 AM #360

Kipy @ 18 Nov 2015, 04:41 PM wrote:
Fakers as always..?
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Phantom
100% Proofer
Phantom
100% Proofer
Joined: 21 Mar 2011, 04:01 PM

21 Nov 2015, 06:35 PM #361

[HIDE=Offtopic]
Abc @ 19 Nov 2015, 11:53 PM wrote: Fakers as always..?
Pointless pic, thanks
Why is that this guy hasn't been banned yet?

[Vaid]: Good question. He doesn't have enough warnings (he had quite many, but they always 'cool off'), so I can't really restrain him from posting yet. Although, any suspected, minor crap he posts will add a warning from now on, for example quote above. Enforcing Moderator Preview of his new posts would be useless. I should maybe mention that one warning cools off in 6 months for him, instead of 1. He can quite easily earn 'it' now. In short, he's being monitored, and rules, especially for him, are now more strict.[/HIDE]
We don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing.
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

22 Nov 2015, 07:53 AM #362

[HIDE=re:Offtopic]
Now the ghost hates me to death, congratulations me <_<
Apparently a random noob took that nick :blink:
im patient and honest, lovely warning description! :wacko:
Congrats: you've also made your rooms glitchy on my gameranger :pickup: [/HIDE]
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 25 May 2013, 12:17 PM

14 Dec 2015, 04:08 PM #363

Server was down again and after 10 mins it connected.. strange
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
Quote
Like
Share

Huki
... as a Newt
Huki
... as a Newt
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 04:01 PM

16 Dec 2015, 01:57 PM #364

I've released a minor update 0.94.1.

- www clearing the chat is fixed.
- Updated the menu links again based on Phantom's suggestions in the development thread.
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

17 Dec 2015, 08:17 PM #365

For no reason i'm receiving this:
Tried deleting kadc.ini and contact.dat, still happens. (happens faster with cached files)
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Santiii727
Regular
Joined: 6 Dec 2014, 12:15 AM

18 Mar 2016, 05:55 PM #366

Slow connect to p2p
Quote
Like
Share

Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 25 May 2013, 12:17 PM

3 Apr 2016, 01:14 PM #367

Report: Server is down.
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

3 Apr 2016, 10:11 PM #368

Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Instant
Sober
Joined: 24 Jan 2016, 05:30 PM

6 Apr 2016, 04:01 PM #369

Yeah. Log in and see the great nothing in rvh.
"The reason I didn't kill you is because I didn't want to kill you. "
Quote
Like
Share

Instant
Sober
Joined: 24 Jan 2016, 05:30 PM

7 Apr 2016, 12:37 PM #370

RV House does not work for me neither now.
Modified: Now works, rvh. changed IP.
"The reason I didn't kill you is because I didn't want to kill you. "
Quote
Like
Share

Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 25 May 2013, 12:17 PM

7 Apr 2016, 03:18 PM #371

You should wait and this will log in. It takes more time to connect when server is down. You'll see everyone in light-blue color.

Already messaged huki. All depends on him already.
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
Quote
Like
Share

Huki
... as a Newt
Huki
... as a Newt
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 04:01 PM

7 Apr 2016, 05:28 PM #372

Hmm the server is not managed by me. Try contacting Arto or Zach, I'm not sure who has access to the server...
Quote
Like
Share

Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 25 May 2013, 12:17 PM

7 Apr 2016, 05:40 PM #373

Ok, will contact to arto then

Message sent :thumbs-up:
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
Quote
Like
Share

Instant
Sober
Joined: 24 Jan 2016, 05:30 PM

7 Apr 2016, 06:03 PM #374

RV House finally works.
"The reason I didn't kill you is because I didn't want to kill you. "
Quote
Like
Share

arto
100% Proofer
arto
100% Proofer
Joined: 15 Jun 2005, 07:18 AM

7 Apr 2016, 07:47 PM #375

Kipy @ 7 Apr 2016, 06:40 PM wrote: Ok, will contact to arto then

Message sent :thumbs-up:
Sorry guys, and thanks to Kipy for notifying me...

I forgot all about this. Unfrotunately the server changed its IP address, so you all need to modify rvhouse.ini and replace the centralized server ip to:

185.135.157.87

That should do it. Perhaps Huki can update RV House executable to have the new IP?

Let me know if there's still problems.

Keep on being Re-Volting! :D
Quote
Like
Share

Huki
... as a Newt
Huki
... as a Newt
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 04:01 PM

7 Apr 2016, 08:10 PM #376

Great, thanks.. I'll update the IP in the next release.
(oh, and the new IP is working for me)
Quote
Like
Share

Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 25 May 2013, 12:17 PM

7 Apr 2016, 08:50 PM #377

Thank you, arto ! :thumbs-up:
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

8 Apr 2016, 07:31 AM #378

Huki: when you can please convert RVHouse to Unicode (if its not converted) because i think thats the reason why typing non latin characters causes chat to show ????? (maybe server is ANSI only)
(sorry if wrong place to post)
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Huki
... as a Newt
Huki
... as a Newt
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 04:01 PM

10 Apr 2016, 11:50 PM #379

RV House has been updated to version 0.94.2.
Download it below:
RV House for Windows
RV House for Linux
Changelog wrote:- New centralized server.
- Allow special symbols in user id and password when logging in.
- Show the proper download link for Linux in update dialog.
- Updated info in the about dialog.
Quote
Like
Share

Santiii727
Regular
Joined: 6 Dec 2014, 12:15 AM

11 Apr 2016, 12:06 AM #380

Thx for the Update.
Now can use the Secundary Nickname ^_^

Quote
Like
Share

Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 25 May 2013, 12:17 PM

11 Apr 2016, 04:54 PM #381

Works fine, thank both of you
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
Quote
Like
Share

Santiii727
Regular
Joined: 6 Dec 2014, 12:15 AM

27 Apr 2016, 09:16 PM #382

I found a problem with p2p you can not connect properly with the p2p in some pc: example (64bits pc's).
Because copy my rvh files from a PC 32bit and pasted in my rvh folder in 64bits.
Reset rvh and p2p works again.

Instructions:

1. Download fix (Windows Only): Link
2. Extract in Rvh Folder
3. Reset RVH
4. Login and p2p Connect again

NOTE: Change the IP Site because it connects faster that page that of dyndns
Quote
Like
Share

GiacomoJax
Regular
Joined: 25 Aug 2012, 07:03 PM

28 Apr 2016, 05:33 PM #383

it solved the problem for me,thx Santi.
Quote
Like
Share

Santiii727
Regular
Joined: 6 Dec 2014, 12:15 AM

29 Apr 2016, 06:14 PM #384

arto, can you change the ipsite in the next version?
ip_site: http://www.ipchicken.com/ I have low latency
Quote
Like
Share

Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 25 May 2013, 12:17 PM

30 Apr 2016, 06:19 PM #385

P2P down again, and already used Santiii's solution.
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

30 Apr 2016, 07:07 PM #386

Kipy @ 30 Apr 2016, 03:19 PM wrote: P2P down again, and already used Santiii's solution.
The correct proper solution is change P2P library. Current one is flawed but nobody wants to code a new one or change it apparently.

[HIDE=This keeps happening once in a while still]
[/HIDE]
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

ElectricBee
Regular
Joined: 11 Sep 2013, 04:47 PM

15 Jun 2016, 04:05 AM #387

I am trying to resolve some non-fatal errors just so they quit filling my terminal full of garbage. Ubuntu MATE 16.04, MATE / GTK3, I was able to resolve error messages for gail, atk-adaptor and canberra but topmenu is eluding me.

Also I keep on receiving pixmap errors.

Is there any way to determine what programs the Linux version of the software was built with so i can debug things and resolve these non-fatals so when RV House starts up the program "Runs clean" ?
I occasionally make stuff at Re-Volt Live. Come and check it out some time.
Traitors deserve the monsters they make.

Join us on Discord!
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

15 Jun 2016, 04:55 PM #388

Tried installing KDE maybe since its QT? might help :)
you can try GDB if the application has the debugging symbols built in.
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Huki
... as a Newt
Huki
... as a Newt
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 04:01 PM

5 Jul 2016, 03:06 PM #389

RV House has been updated to version 0.94.3.
Download it below:
RV House for Windows
RV House for Linux
Changelog wrote:- Fixed a possible crash when someone closes a room.
- Disabled the KadC Assertion error and RV House closing unexpectedly.
I've decided to disabled the KadC assertion error (and some other debug log messages). The assertion is supposed to check for any memory leaks in the program, but it starts giving false positives when the number of allocations reach a certain limit. I've disabled the check for now, but do let me know if rvhouse memory gets really large for anyone.

Windows and Linux users can verify whether they see the correct download link for their platform when they receive the update notification.
Quote
Like
Share

krusherkid
Non Drinker
krusherkid
Non Drinker
Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 10:23 PM

7 Jul 2016, 01:33 AM #390

Am I the only one having RV House Connection issues at the moment?
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

7 Jul 2016, 11:54 AM #391

you're not the only one.
RVHouse server is not really stable.
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 25 May 2013, 12:17 PM

8 Jul 2016, 03:54 PM #392

Works fine to me as usual
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

17 Jul 2016, 11:35 AM #393

Huki: it doesnt get really big in memory, so far with the app beginning in around 26mb now its 63mb after 1 day and two hours and a half.

apparently the allocations seem to depend on how heavy is the P2P load i think; i've had it happen on full house or after long(?) times. it's pretty random anyway, perhaps related to e2k load?
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

21 Jul 2016, 04:18 AM #394

Seems RVHouse is better, memory increasing is no biggie.
One noticeable thing is that P2P stops refreshing sometimes. which leads to "player placebo"
and please add timestamps to output.
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

24 Jul 2016, 03:02 AM #395

Windows 10 latest version: "Fatal error ~ Failed to close a write handle" then "stopped working" shows up
perhaps turning off wifi to switch to ethernet caused it (which i did)
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

26 Jul 2016, 08:45 AM #396

For those people who want to use RVHouse without the game or with just RVGL without Directplay which is deprected. please make RVHouse no longer depend on DirectPlay and move the game not installed popup (directplay registry detection) to create room, so people can talk and they only get the message when they try to host without the game. And not every time but only the first and always leave a message in-room about it instead, maybe drop the dialog box altogether
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer
Joined: 7 Apr 2009, 06:43 PM

6 Aug 2016, 08:56 PM #397

Abc @ 24 Jul 2016, 12:02 AM wrote: Windows 10 latest version: "Fatal error ~ Failed to close a write handle" then "stopped working" shows up
perhaps turning off wifi to switch to ethernet caused it (which i did)
It happened again but in complete normal operation this time.
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.
Quote
Like
Share

mmudshark
Regular
Joined: 4 Apr 2011, 03:04 AM

22 Nov 2016, 11:17 PM #398

Lots of problems in rvhouse today. No one seems able to connect to the Central Server.
Quote
Like
Share

Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Kipy
Everclear-Addict
Joined: 25 May 2013, 12:17 PM

23 Nov 2016, 08:40 AM #399

Can't connect to the centralized server, so I guess server is down again.

PM'ed to arto.
"Bisvil lircoch adam, ein corech leszfiach dam."
Quote
Like
Share

arto
100% Proofer
arto
100% Proofer
Joined: 15 Jun 2005, 07:18 AM

23 Nov 2016, 08:52 AM #400

Sorry guys, the server where rvhouse is hosted went down due to some hardware malfunction.

There's nothing I can do to fix it. Hopefully the server will be back today. Ping me in few days if it's not up, because I can very well forget to restart rvhouse centralized server when the host starts working again.
Quote
Like
Share