play in a window?

A well deserved dedicated forum for this project.

Moderators: Huki, jigebren

play in a window?

Dinis
Non Drinker
Dinis
Non Drinker

22 Feb 2015, 22:48 #1

how can I play in a window?

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer

22 Feb 2015, 22:50 #2

it's: -window exists since it's release
Learn to use command lines
google how to put commandlines.

expect no help noob
Yes, I'm the ABC block and you can find me in Toy World 1 track! ;)
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.

nevermind
Alcoholic
nevermind
Alcoholic

22 Feb 2015, 23:01 #3

As Abc does not seem to know how to teach anyone to do anything, I'll try to do it better.

Right-click the shortcut that you use to run Re-Volt (in the improbable case that you run it from the very executable file, you have to create a shortcut somewhere to do this) and choose Properties. Then selected the tab Shortcut if it has not been selected. In the Target box, type -window at the very end of its content and click OK.

Every time you run that shortcut, the game will run in a window, which size will be the one that you have chosen at the options menu in the game.
Known as Jaenero in RV House

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer

22 Feb 2015, 23:02 #4

-censored- :rant: die.
Reborn as Juest Zungo :P PS: I prefer chatting and i have Steam, Skype, Google and Microsoft account, just ask for it via PM or rarely find me in RVHouse. Also check out my interests.

Manmountain
... as a Newt
Manmountain
... as a Newt

22 Feb 2015, 23:06 #5

nevermind @ 23 Feb 2015, 12:01 AM wrote:Right-click the shortcut that you use to run Re-Volt (in the improbable case that you run it from the very executable file, you have to create a shortcut somewhere to do this) and choose Properties. Then selected the tab Shortcut if it has not been selected. In the Target box, type -window at the very end of its content and click OK.

Every time you run that shortcut, the game will run in a window, which size will be the one that you have chosen at the options menu in the game.
Thank's, good to know.:thumbs-up:

Is there any benefit or reason you would run in a window ?

jigebren
... as a Newt
jigebren
... as a Newt

22 Feb 2015, 23:40 #6

Manmountain @ 23 Feb 2015, 12:06 AM wrote:Is there any benefit or reason you would run in a window ?
One I can think of at least: when playing online with a new build my firewall asks me whether I have to allow this new executable to access network, and if I'm not in windowed ode I can't see / answer the popup message and I'm stuck here.

revolting
Alcoholic
revolting
Alcoholic

22 Feb 2015, 23:41 #7

In case you have multimonitor, you can move the window to the monitor of your preference
AKA geceb

Gotolei
Alcoholic
Gotolei
Alcoholic

23 Feb 2015, 00:12 #8

jigebren @ 22 Feb 2015, 03:40 PM wrote:
Manmountain @ 23 Feb 2015, 12:06 AM wrote:Is there any benefit or reason you would run in a window ?
One I can think of at least: when playing online with a new build my firewall asks me whether I have to allow this new executable to access network, and if I'm not in windowed ode I can't see / answer the popup message and I'm stuck here.
Adding on to that it's nice for multitasking. Windows generally has just one workspace area, and having a single program block everything out isn't always preferable.

Not sure if alt-tab works for revolt (though I can take a guess after reading jigebren's post), but even if it does some people prefer the taskbar.

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer

23 Feb 2015, 00:14 #9

Alt+tab always works.
best method to multitask back and forth is windowed + no pause

hey, all this topic is *not* new...

Phantom
100% Proofer
Phantom
100% Proofer

23 Feb 2015, 00:27 #10

jigebren @ 22 Feb 2015, 08:40 PM wrote:
Jigebren thanks for pointing that out.

I remember last time I was installing Winamp the setup mentioned something about adding firewall exceptions. So this program and I guess many others add these entries when installing.

Could you discuss with Huki if this could be added to the 1.2 Setup on next release.
We don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing.

jigebren
... as a Newt
jigebren
... as a Newt

23 Feb 2015, 13:43 #11

Abc wrote:Alt+tab always works.
No, it does not. Under XP at least, it totally hangs my computer. No Alt+Tab / Alt+F4 / Ctrl+Alt+Suppr work. In some case I was able to take control back by forcing my computer to sleep (I have a Sleep key on my keyboard) and waking it up afterwards. But I just tried yesterday and it didn't even work, I had to reboot. Anyway this has been improved in one of the last builds, so yes, now should now be able to alt+tab at this point.
Phantom wrote:I remember last time I was installing Winamp the setup mentioned something about adding firewall exceptions. [...] Could you discuss with Huki if this could be added to the 1.2 Setup on next release.
Well, as far as I'm concerned, I said "my firewall", I didn't say "Windows Firewall". :P

Currently Huki is rather concentrating on the RVGL build / Linux porting, we're also likely to make a new v1.2 release very soon. I doubt he'll have time to look at that feature for now (neither will I have, not to mention I'm still under XP and I presume the way to do it and the required rights are not the same at all).

Abc
100% Proofer
Abc
100% Proofer

23 Feb 2015, 16:55 #12

No, it does not. Under XP at least, it totally hangs my computer. No Alt+Tab / Alt+F4 / Ctrl+Alt+Suppr work. In some case I was able to take control back by forcing my computer to sleep (I have a Sleep key on my keyboard) and waking it up afterwards. But I just tried yesterday and it didn't even work, I had to reboot. Anyway this has been improved in one of the last builds, so yes, now should now be able to alt+tab at this point.
Oh well, Everyone's mileage varies!
Well, as far as I'm concerned, I said "my firewall", I didn't say "Windows Firewall". :P
Well, generally the firewall popup is Windows one hehe

fyi phan: VNC installer does come with firewall exception entry too.

offtopic: i just noticed this :>: :[%]: :ph43r: :blink: