"It's You!"

Post your photos of painted Otherworld Miniatures here

"It's You!"

DukeoftheBloodKeep
Red Dragon

Feb 1 2011, 01:55 PM #1

So, the January Challenge is officially over and it was a great success with the following members completing their entries on time:

Jake B
AndyM
KiltedYaksman
Clam
And... Me!

And so it's time for us to move on to the next challenge, as voted for by you guys. Somehow, despite overwhelming odds, our band of plucky adventurers did not meet their doom and have escaped. Their lives however, have not been easy, plagued by constant attacks, their village raped, pillaged and burned, their every step dogged by an unseen opponent.

At long last, after many years of searching, they have finally found this shadowy villain's lair, defeated his mighty and powerful guards and now they stand before the door to his chamber, all that remains is for them to walk through the door...

And that's where you guys come in, who is it that has been such a plague to our intrepid heroes? Perhaps it's a single high level demon, a lowly necromancer with a pair of wights for guards, an evil Gnoll King, etc...

The challenge, should you choose to accept it is to paint up a dungeon boss, any single figure will do as long as you can defend your choice with a good backstory. In addition, anyone who wants to can add a small retinue of guards to their challenge.

Most importantly, have fun... Let the Challenge commence...

clam
Hill Giant
clam
Hill Giant

Feb 1 2011, 02:33 PM #2

You really enjoy this, I can see. Nice little story :)

Don't have the miniatures for this. Placed and order, but Richard is running low on some of them. Restocking is on it's way, though. So will probably be shiped next week.

Problem is - week seven - is winter (school) break - so I'm away with the family. Therefore I cant promise you anything - other than I will be painting something - so if no entry in the challenge - check the blog ;)
My painting blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses @Blogger

Collecting John Pickford

My private (Pickford) miniature venture: http://claminiatures.blogspot.com

DukeoftheBloodKeep
Red Dragon

Feb 1 2011, 03:31 PM #3

Cool. Thanks Clam, hopefully you will get chance to paint something up, especially as it can be as little as a single model.

I should have also noted that Richard has given the Ok for challenge entries to include minis from other manufacturers as long as the total submission for the challenge contains at least 50% OW minis.

Jake B
Stone Giant
Jake B
Stone Giant

Feb 1 2011, 04:44 PM #4

Lots of possibilities here. Any giant, demon, humanoid chief. Probably any of the more powerful undead.

The Dungeon Alphabet book even has a suggestion about kobolds worshiping an ancient neo-otyugh. I can imagine almost any of the big monsters might fill a similar role, even those of lower intelligence.

AndyM
Purple Worm
AndyM
Purple Worm

Feb 1 2011, 04:47 PM #5

I'm hoping to do an Ogre Chief to go with my warriors. He'll be real mad with them for letting those pesky adventures get free! ;)

kiltedyaksman
Stone Giant
kiltedyaksman
Stone Giant

Feb 1 2011, 05:15 PM #6

I have no idea what I'm going to do yet. Need to think about it.

Ceowald
Troglodyte
Ceowald
Troglodyte

Feb 1 2011, 05:18 PM #7

Well, I was unable to finish last months but I'm gonna give it a shot this month!

DukeoftheBloodKeep
Red Dragon

Feb 1 2011, 05:59 PM #8

Excellent Ceowald, the more people the merrier! I look forward to everyone's entries with anticipation. Due to Cthulhu sending me a new commission to work on I'm going to keep it small this month but I'll still manage at least 1 mini...

Jake B
Stone Giant
Jake B
Stone Giant

Feb 2 2011, 05:40 PM #9

The bugbear chieftain and some of his band are already prepped, based, and primed, so he's demanding attention this time. I just made some little flagstones and detailed the bases of the remaining warriors so I should be able to finish the group together.

Update: Primed the remaining warriors so I should be good to go assembly line style on the little band while painting the chieftain.

clam
Hill Giant
clam
Hill Giant

Feb 17 2011, 10:26 AM #10

Almost finished my entry for Golden Hat (@Chaos Dwarfs Online) - so it's all up to Richard now :D If my newly purchase shows up within the weekend I should be able to paint something for this.

Anyone else who have started their entry?

Collecting John Pickford

anakeron
Stone Giant
anakeron
Stone Giant

Feb 17 2011, 10:31 AM #11

my one is well on his ways :)

clam
Hill Giant
clam
Hill Giant

Feb 17 2011, 10:50 AM #12

Any hints what it might be?

My plan is painting 3 miniatures :unsure: - really want to paint some more Paul Muller undead. Nearly finished 4 zombies which he has don for another company *cough* Heresy *cough* and really like to do more Muller. But will have to mix them with a greater 'non OW'-Undead - to meet this challenge, I guess.

Collecting John Pickford

kiltedyaksman
Stone Giant
kiltedyaksman
Stone Giant

Feb 17 2011, 11:17 AM #13

Hey Clam I'd love to see the undead you mentioned, I've looked at them myself.

Can you post on your blog?

clam
Hill Giant
clam
Hill Giant

Feb 17 2011, 11:25 AM #14

Have a cold, so not in the 'mood' for finishing their bases (stone static grass, turfs ..). But they will go up on blogspot later in the week, I promise.

Collecting John Pickford

anakeron
Stone Giant
anakeron
Stone Giant

Feb 17 2011, 11:38 AM #15

clam -> its the gnoll chieftain. it will finish the gnoll band and my "second try" thread too :)