A Bad Day to be a Guard

Post your photos of painted Otherworld Miniatures here

A Bad Day to be a Guard

DukeoftheBloodKeep
Red Dragon

Apr 2 2011, 07:03 PM #1

It was just an ordinary day at the tower, Jim had gotten up at stupid o'clock in the morning, mucked out the Owlbears, cooked his master's breakfast and gone to his daily job of standing outside the treasure chamber, twiddling his thumbs.

Little did Jim know that today would be the day that he was going DIE! Today really is a bad day to be a guard!

Our plucky band of heroes are reaching the climax of a dangerous quest and they need some guards to beat up... and that's where you come in. This months challenge is to paint up 1 or more Low Level Humanoids (Each individually worth 500xp or less). Feel free to add extra details to the encounter, perhaps the guards have a faithful pet or a tyrannical overlord that you really want to get painted too.

Remember that upto 50% of your entry in challenge can be from manufacturers other than Otherworld but you must paint at least one Otherworld Humanoid to count as completing the challenge.

Finally thanks to everyone who joined in last month's challenge, you all score a Challenge Point, however Jake B also scores a bonus point for completing the April Fools Day Challenge. If you missed it, there will be more bonus points available throughout the year!

The Scoreboard as it stands

Jake B (4)
AndyM (2)
Clam (3)
Bruenorodinson (2)
Anakeron (2)
KiltedYaksMan (2)
Finch (1)
And... Me! (3)

Good luck with this next challenge, see you on the other side!

Splod
Goblin
Splod
Goblin

Apr 3 2011, 06:35 AM #2

Hmm... Time to get those Kobolds done me thinks.

DukeoftheBloodKeep
Red Dragon

Apr 3 2011, 11:28 AM #3

Great choice! I may do a few of mine too!

clam
Hill Giant
clam
Hill Giant

Apr 3 2011, 07:59 PM #4

Nice excuse for painting a bit more of John's. So Goblins form me, I think.
My painting blog: Clamshells and Sea Horses @Blogger

Collecting John Pickford

My private (Pickford) miniature venture: http://claminiatures.blogspot.com

AndyM
Purple Worm
AndyM
Purple Worm

Apr 4 2011, 01:27 PM #5

Cool, sounds good. I'll have to see what I have needing some paint.

Jake B
Stone Giant
Jake B
Stone Giant

Apr 4 2011, 05:19 PM #6

So many LLHs to choose from. These have been covered well by Otherworld from the pig-faced orcs through some of the most recent releases. At least this month I know exactly which figures I'm doing from the start so maybe I'll be able to post pictures before the 30th.

Never too late for more people to jump in and start doing this.

Splod
Goblin
Splod
Goblin

Apr 5 2011, 01:07 AM #7

I've got a bunch of Pathfinder Gobbos I might add in as well, somehow... I just spent a bit of time converting them to have shields... would Kobolds and Gobbos ever work together?

DukeoftheBloodKeep
Red Dragon

Apr 5 2011, 01:21 AM #8

Maybe, or perhaps you could recreate that iconic fight in the tower in Lord of the Rings, where the two groups of Orcs (or in your case Goblins and Kobolds) fight while the hobbits escape. I think that would definitely be a bad day to be a guard!

Jake B
Stone Giant
Jake B
Stone Giant

Apr 13 2011, 02:21 AM #9

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! It's the 12th already? No way.

Real life needs to shove off. I've got painting to do.

(F^@#!%& calendars, how do they work?)

AndyM
Purple Worm
AndyM
Purple Worm

Apr 13 2011, 09:00 AM #10

I may 'cheat' an post a pic of some old Citadel 'Chaos Dwarves' I just finished as stand in Duergar. Seeing as OW doesn't have any Duergar just yet....

Also as I'm running out of time to paint some new OW minis's! Although I will pick up some Measals at Salute on Saturday. I also need to finish off some 40K Terminators, AND some Napoleonic French Guard cavalry this month :o

Too much painting and not enough time!!!

Apr 19 2011, 10:11 PM #11

Not gonna be able to make this one sorry. :(

DukeoftheBloodKeep
Red Dragon

Apr 19 2011, 11:14 PM #12

That's cool. I'll definitely be adding bonus challenges here and there for people to get involved with and catch up if they missed a monthly challenge or two. At the end of the day it's all about painting and having fun and hopefully learning, getting feedback, trying new ideas and keeping motivated.

clam
Hill Giant
clam
Hill Giant

Apr 20 2011, 02:21 PM #13

AndyM @ Apr 13 2011, 11:00 AM wrote: I may 'cheat' an post a pic of some old Citadel 'Chaos Dwarves' I just finished as stand in Duergar. Seeing as OW doesn't have any Duergar just yet....

Also as I'm running out of time to paint some new OW minis's! Although I will pick up some Measals at Salute on Saturday. I also need to finish off some 40K Terminators, AND some Napoleonic French Guard cavalry this month :o

Too much painting and not enough time!!!
Being a Chaos Dwarf fanatic I cant complain to that. Looking forward seeing what you have for us.

And for Duegars, just wait a month and see :rolleyes: - I'm so excited.

@Bruenorodinson
Sorry to hear. Enjoy your paintings alot.

Think I might be stepping down from this one, too. But lets see if Easter and a new painkilling drug gives me a painting window big enough to paint something OW.

Collecting John Pickford

clam
Hill Giant
clam
Hill Giant

Apr 22 2011, 05:10 PM #14

I'm feeling a hell lot better today - the best I've felt in like 6 weeks, or so. Therefore, I chose spending the 3 good hours I have had today painter. Painting really helped my low spirits (painting and the new morphine pills, I guess) :D

Here is my entry for OWC April:

Can't be more 'Guard' than that - so sad he is going to die :D

And I also finished this:

Finish?? I know missing his shield - but I can't find it. Will probably show up - but till then he'll stay like this. And don't actually look that bad.

Collecting John Pickford

DukeoftheBloodKeep
Red Dragon

Apr 22 2011, 06:30 PM #15

Nice work Clam!

I hope to get round to finishing mine at some point soon! And I agree, you can't get much more Guard than that!