Undead Orc And Gobbo Character Ideas

Smell something worse than normal greenskins? could be the undead unz....This is the place to develop a list, text, images, etc. for Undead Greenskins.

Moderators: Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull, Draig, Goomb, WarbossKurgan, Goofycabal

Undead Orc And Gobbo Character Ideas

Apr 25 2006, 08:27 PM #1

Just some ideas I came up with

Name Ideas Lords: 0-1 Dah Deathbringah, Dead Shaman of da waaaagh, Dah Killa of Livies.

Heros: Dah evil boss, Big Wight, Skeletal gobbo death bringah, Partial Dead Shaman, Dah Flea Bringah (Orc Werewolf)

Plague Laden Choppa: Any model killed by this weapon causes the model wielding it to regain a wound.

Lords:

Dah Deathbringah Pts: 260
M WS BS S T W I A LD
6 8 3 5 6 4 5 5 9
Level 1 shaman.

May be upgraded to level 2 for +50 points.
May wield a plague laden choppa for +40 points.
100 points of magic items from the right army list.

Dead Shaman of da waaaaaagh Pts: 235
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 3 3 3 5 3 3 1 7
L4 shaman. 100 points of magic items.

Da killa of livies Pts: 210
M WS BS S T W I A LD
6 6 3 4 5 4 5 6 8
Level 1 wizard. 100 points of magic items.
Heros:

Dah Evil Boss Pts: 90
M WS BS S T W I A LD
6 6 4 5 5 2 5 3 8
50 points of magic items, plague ridden choppa for +40 points

Big Wight Pts: 68
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 4 3 4 5 2 4 3 9
Great Weapon (4), Halberd (4), Lance (4), Light Armor (2), Heavy Armor (4), Shield (2), 50 points of magic items.

Skeletal Gobbo Death Bringah Pts: 120
M WS BS S T W I A LD
6 3 0 3 2 2 2 2 7
Dah Death Bringah Scythe (Killing blow, +2 strength, destroyed models don’t get ward saves) 50 points of magic items, Ethreal, Terror.

Partialy Dead Shaman Pts: 65
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 3 3 3 3 2 3 1 7
Level 1 wizard, may be level 2 for 35 points, 50 points of magic items.

Dah Flea Bringah (Werewolf orc) Pts:120
(Regular Form)
M WS BS S T W I A LD
4 3 0 3 5 3 2 1 2
(Mutate Form)
M WS BS S T W I A Ld
6 10 0 7 5 3 8 4 4
Can’t be general, must win all combats by at least 2, if not must take break test with a –2 modifier even if you won the combat, Killing blow, frenzy,
Dah Bad Moon: Must test every turn, if a 1 is rolled, the bad moon has dissapeared behind a cloud and the power is sucked from the flea bringahs body.
Fleas: Enemies are at –1 to hit.
Can’t take any equipment.
My Win/Loss Score with all armies in year /07

V=1
T=2
L=1

1st Loss Excuse: There was a 5 strong Ogre Bull Unit in a 500 point game. Suffice to say my wolf riders, nigh goblin spearmen, and 15 orc boyz couldn't do a thing. The whole battle came down to a combat between 14 Night Goblin Speaermen, fresh out of a 3 turn combat with the empire spearmen, and the five strong Ogre Bulls, who just ate my chariot and wolf riders, only taking two wounds.

Kurbog
Goblin
Kurbog
Goblin

Apr 25 2006, 11:24 PM #2

Perhaps even...

I'd like to see an Ethereal Orc character.

e.g

Spirit Orc Big Boss

Code: Select all

M WS BS S T W I A LD
4  5 3  4 5 4 5 4 8
-May take up to 50 points of magic items.
-May take an additional hand weapon (+4 points) or a great weapon (+6 points).

All attacks count as magical.
Counts as Ethereal, and may only join Ethereal units.
May never be the General unless it is the only character model, and may never be the Battle Standard Bearer.
Does not rely on the General or Wizards of any kind; this spirit is under its own will.
Smiley wrote:Why is everyone's excuse on the internet dyslexia? I don't have it, I'm just retarded.

Apr 26 2006, 10:07 PM #3

I already made the ethreal skeletal gobbo deathbringah...

V=1
T=2
L=1

1st Loss Excuse: There was a 5 strong Ogre Bull Unit in a 500 point game. Suffice to say my wolf riders, nigh goblin spearmen, and 15 orc boyz couldn't do a thing. The whole battle came down to a combat between 14 Night Goblin Speaermen, fresh out of a 3 turn combat with the empire spearmen, and the five strong Ogre Bulls, who just ate my chariot and wolf riders, only taking two wounds.

Kurbog
Goblin
Kurbog
Goblin

Apr 27 2006, 01:01 PM #4

Aye... but that's skeletal AND a Gobbo. :P
Perhaps a good alternative would be to have a character upgrade (one per an army) that gives these rules:

Ethereal
Magical Attacks
+2 Initiative
+2 Attacks

At something like 25 points. ANY one character.
Smiley wrote:Why is everyone's excuse on the internet dyslexia? I don't have it, I'm just retarded.

Apr 28 2006, 12:33 AM #5

Thats an idea...

You reading this goofycabal? That is a good idea :o !

V=1
T=2
L=1

Zorg_orc_warboss
Big Boss

Apr 28 2006, 08:09 AM #6

I think that may be just a bit too many charecters.

Fluff wise I think we could do:

Necromancers (shamans):

These are the main living component to the army and are the ones who hold all the boyz together with a strange mix of necromancy/waagh magic. In addition these necromancers are able to bolster there own fighting powress with their new skills. However unlike vampires they arn't very good at this. In game terms this would mean they are tougher and more able to survive (scince they are the crucial point of the army) yet they won't have the combat powers of a vampire

Undead Bosses:

Basicly just the meanest bosses from life now fighting again in unlife. We can spread out here and cover differnt races.

An ethereal orc/gobo

This is a good idea but needs to be balanced carefully, it should work something like a banshee. A ethereal combat hero would be to cheesy :cheese: .

just my (2c)

White Fist Tribe Playtesting Results:
W: 4 L: 2 D: 1

White Fist Tribe Army Blog

Apr 29 2006, 10:42 AM #7

Although I find the idea of an ethereal orcish unit rather weird, I think that it might work if we orcify the background of the unit a bit. For example, instead of being the spirit of a very angry orc that haunts the living yaddayaddayadda, we can say that, when undead greenskins go to war, they iradiate pure waaagh! energy that, combined with the Shaman necromantic energy, eventually takes the shape of a green iridiscent ghostly entity, or something.

The UO&G player must roll a 2D6 each turn. If the result is lower than his leadership, then the waaagh! entity appears from a unit chosen by the adversary. This represents the randomness of the event. The entity moves like a chaos spawn, although its direction is determined by the scatter (SP?) dice, -this represents the randomness of the entity itself- and makes 1D6 strength 4 magic attacks. At the end of the turn, if the entity has not been reached combat, it just vanishes and the UO&G player must roll a dice next turn.

Just an idea, though.

Cheers!
Warpath's own Lord of the Pen™

Goofycabal
Waaagh!

Apr 29 2006, 11:18 AM #8

I love that idea!

So, extending on what you mentioned:

0-1 Hero Choice.
Spirit Waaagh!.

The Spirit Waaagh, while taking the form of a Greenskin, is actually a manifestation of the Undead Greenskins' collective psyche. As they march forward, this manifestation grows in power, and eagerly lashes out from the Great Green to strike at its foes. Using the Waaagh energy generated by all Greenskins, the Spirit Waaagh will concentrate around Greenskins who are ready to engage the enemy, and vent its anger with terrible power.

M 2D6
WS 5
BS 0
S 4+ (See below)
T 4
W 2
I 3
A 3+ (see below)
LD 8

Special Rules: Undead, Ethereal, Random Movement, Erratic Appearence, Combat Machine (plus any other Undead Orc Rules we decide on).

May Carry up to 50 points of Magic Items.

Random Movement: As Cuninglybrutal mentioned above: 2D6" Movement from it's 'Parent' Unit. If this contacts the enemy, then it engages them in combat. Otherwise, it disapears again. The Spirit Waaagh does not move as normal characters, nor is it deployed on the table. In fact, the only time the model for the Spirit Waaagh should be used is when you wish for it to attempt to engage the enemy, and while it is locked in combat.

Erratic Appearence: To indicate that you wish to unleash the Spirit Waagh, place the model in base contact with any Unengaged Undead Greenskin unit (of any type, and of any size). Once placed, the Undead Greenskin player must take an LD test for the Spirit Waaagh, and if failed, the enemy player gets to place the Spirit Waaagh instead. Then nominate the intended target and roll for movement as stated above. The unit that the Spirit Waaagh comes from does not need line of sight to the Spirit Waaagh's intended target. If the Spirit Waaagh and the unit it emerges from are going to charge the same enemy, then place the Spirit Waaagh in the front rank in a fighting position, and make charges as normal (though still roll for the 2D6" in case the rest of the unit falls short... If the 2D6 is lower than the rest of the unit's charge, but the unit can reach the enemy, the Spirit Waaagh is pulled into combat anyway)

Combat Machine: On the turn that the Spirit Waaagh charges, it is brutal. for each full rank in the unit the Spirit Waaagh emerges from both the Strength and Attacks characteristics are increased by +1 (to a maximum of +4). For instance, if the unit had 3 full ranks, the Spirit Waaagh would fight with S7 and A6. Additionally, on the turn that it charges, the Spirit Waaagh will count the Ranks, Outnumber and Standard bonuses from the unit it emerges from, as if the unit were fighting alongside the hero.

Thoughts...?
The Truth About Corey Strode Currently On Hiatus.
See my DeviantArt page for more stuff!
Goofycabal April 12 2004 wrote:So as long as this website exists (and I'm hoping that's a really long time), then I'm going to help keep the peace here...
Da Warpath Quarterly Archives - Read Them! You Won't Regret it.
"We're here to make Druchii.net look silly"

There Is Often An Unexpected Chocolate.
cannon-fodder @ Feb 16 2011, 03:58 PM wrote: If 10 slaves get on a train leaving da fortress at 08:13 and the train travels at 2.6slaves per orc boy, then 15 slaves get on at Ulthaun but 0.01giants get off, how many slaves does it take to screw in a light bulb?
<marquee scrolldelay="125"><font face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="3" color="#33FF00"><b>In 2172, a crack Kommando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. They promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Middenheim underground. Today, still wanted by the Empire, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the Mod-Team.!!</b></font></marquee>

Kurbog
Goblin
Kurbog
Goblin

Apr 29 2006, 12:12 PM #9

Sounds excellent. Also, you could have it that the Spirit is automatically slain if the most powerful Shaman in the army miscasts a spell, and make it permanent if the same Shaman casts a spell using Irresistable Force.

Apr 29 2006, 12:13 PM #10

Pretty Cool. I was thinking about an ethreal gobbo just because the wraith stats are already almost the same.

Oh and Zorg, count the amount of characters we have in the regular orc and gobbo book :lol:

V=1
T=2
L=1

Apr 29 2006, 02:31 PM #11

Heh, cool! I´m glad you liked my idea! Although I would not let the entity choose wargear, because it does not make much sense at all. I put him as a special choince, better. However, I really like your expanded rules, Goofycabal.

Cheers! :D
Warpath's own Lord of the Pen&#153;

Zorg_orc_warboss
Big Boss

Apr 29 2006, 03:11 PM #12

Cunninglybrutal @ Apr 30 2006, 12:31 AM wrote: Heh, cool! I´m glad you liked my idea! Although I would not let the entity choose wargear, because it does not make much sense at all. I put him as a special choince, better. However, I really like your expanded rules, Goofycabal.

Cheers! :D
I agree with cunninglybrutal I think the entity should be a rare choice, not a hero.

White Fist Tribe Playtesting Results:
W: 4 L: 2 D: 1

White Fist Tribe Army Blog

Apr 30 2006, 03:43 PM #13

this is a spiecial character i made up for the undead orc projiect.

gobbla, soul rippa of da iron skullz

m/ws/bs/s/t/w/i/a/ld
5 5 3 5 4 3 5 4 8

special rules: ethereal, terror

weapons and armour: da axe of misfortune, soul rippa, armour of death

da axe of misfortune: strikes first, +1 strength on charge

soul rippa: at the begging of the close combat phase gobbla may attempt to steal the soul of one model in base contact (friend or foe). roll a D6, on a 4+ one wound is regaind

armour of death: gives av 3+ armour save and a 5+ ward save

how do you like it?
da boss is ere and e is goin to break ya skulls!!

waaaaaaagghhh

W/T/L
1 0 0

great vampire, killing game

Apr 30 2006, 07:12 PM #14

Gobbla iis the name of Skarsnik's pet squig already...

V=1
T=2
L=1

Apr 30 2006, 07:19 PM #15

I think it's pretty good but the soal stealer would kill the model. You've not said that.

Also, there is already a special character called Gobbla here, in case you didn't know.

I'd make a Ghost Squig of Doom which causes terror and is ethereal:

M - 2D6"
WS - 6
BS - 0
S - 5
T - 4
W - 4
I - 6
A - 5
Ld - 3

Special Rules:

Ethereal, Terror, 2D6" movement, Insane Chompyness.

Ethereal - The Ghost Squig of Doom cannot be harmed by non-magical attacks, though it loses 1 wound for every point it loses combat resolution by.

Terror - The Ghost Squig of Doom incites terror in its foes.

2D6" Movement - The Ghost Squig of Doom does not have to move each turn but if it chooses to move, it moves 2D6". If this move brings it into base contact with an enemy it counts as a charge.

Insane Chompyness - The Ghost Squig of Doom always attacks first in close combat because its ghostly jaws never stop chomping.

May join a unit, though the unit must go the 2D6" as well, unless it is over the maximum movement of the unit.