Moderators: Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull, jimbob1066e, Draig, WarbossKurgan, Snikpik

Gruntfuttock
Big Boss

Jan 30 2018, 06:36 AM #106

Brilliant work!  I really like the different natural looking stone colours! It looks so natural. 
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Gork and Mork will smash yer ead in if ye don't sod off!!

Captain, bring me another Elf, this one seems to have split!

Big Grunts' Painty Know Wots..., Irregular painting thingy...

okkel
Orc

Feb 4 2018, 03:17 PM #107

Thanks Gruntfuttock

I promissed to post some of the things thate I have been working on the last year or so. First up Sir Jumpalot: a Big bos on giant cave squig made from a wolfchariot model, an old version of Gobla, some empire bits (the hat and lance), and greenstuff (the puffy sleve)  

aa33457
Snotling
aa33457
Snotling

Feb 7 2018, 10:08 AM #108

Nice work! Really like you colorscheme, very Classic style with a lot of newer techniques. Very colorfull
"The only good stunty is a dead stunty, and the only thing better than a dead stunty is a dyin' stunty who tells yer where to find 'is mates."

My Blog:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/orcgoblinwarpath/redoing-my-huge-orcs-and-goblins-collection-t35295.html

okkel
Orc

Feb 11 2018, 02:19 PM #109

Thanks aa33457!

I promissed that I would upload a picture of what I use for sculpting so here it is together with a modified version of the description from Farmers blog:

0 Water!
1 My main tool is probably a bog standard GW sculpting tool. 
2 A close nr 2 is my small hobby knife which trumps the sculpting tool when you need sharp edges and thin lines in the putty. Furthermore my knife have a needle in the other end which I guess will be nr 3. (yes I know its not in the picture I forgot to tun it outwards)
4 Then comes fingers. Sure they make annoying fingerprints in the putty (which can be reduced ty using water) but they are still the best way to produce the putty sausages that are the starting point of many details.
5 Plastic bags are also super useful: Place a piece of putty inside it and roll it out with some round tool (I use my hobby knife) and you will get wonderful smooth flat pieces that can be cut with knives while attached to the back and used for clothes and banners for example. Just be sure to add water very often of you putty will never let go of the plastic.
6 My clay sculpting tools with rubber ends are very useful for sculpting smooth round surfaces such as folding fabrik.
7 A number of sticks with balls of different sizes allows you to make perfect round holes of different sizes (to be honest I dont use this very much, and couldn't even find them for this picture)
8 I have a number of homemade and official tools to produce specific surfaces. For example a piece of wood with a "rounded cone" of greenstuff at the end in which I have puched a large number of holes of differet size and depth allows me to make uneven surfaces full of blisters by puching the tool into the putty. 
9 Every now and then I cut a shape I need out of some plastic (the transparent part of blister packs are quite usefull for that) and use that for a specific detail.
10 Some extra thin needles are also very useful to have close by.
11 A pencil is also great to have close by. Actually not the one in the picture but one with a small metal cylinder in the end that you can push the pencil pin through. Push it into you putty and you will get a nice ring in a shape that makes sense for crude nails.
12 If you sculpt from scrath then super magnets are nice to have around to since you can use then to hold your sculpt in whateve direction is cinvenient at the momont (as long as you have steelwire inside the sculpt. 
IMG_0661.JPG

Mar 27 2018, 11:04 AM #110

This method is ingenious. And colourful!

okkel
Orc

Apr 2 2018, 11:27 AM #111

Karak Norn Clansman wrote: This method is ingenious. And colourful!
Thanks Karak Norn Clansmen! Here is my newest creation where I have overdone the drybrushing slightly so that the stones have almost the same color. I have then corrected it somewhat by adding splashes of brown and green late in the process. I am still quite happy with the results so no big deal, though slightly more time consuming than necessary.

Not that I really needed a temple ruin - I have no Lizardmen army, plenty of terrain and no jungle terrain so it really doesn't make sense to build temples but it just felt the right thing to d - call it divine inspiration! :-)