O&g List For 6th Edition

Post your 8th edition (and earlier) army lists here to get help on your army design.

Moderators: Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull, Goomb

O&g List For 6th Edition

Profi
Snotling
Profi
Snotling

05 Feb 2017, 19:10 #1

Hello guys! :)

Could you tell me briefly what the OnG player should have to punt on the table for around 1500-1999 pts. playing 6th ed. of WFB?
Just wondering what were the "must have" units, some little combos etc.

I would be very grateful for such an information, my green fellows! :lol:

Doggybag
Goblin

06 Feb 2017, 18:04 #2

I went straight from second edition to eighth so cannot really help you. I know that doomdivers have always been great and that you could field them 9 strong in the good old days.
May Mork and possibly Gork be with you!

Gruntfuttock
Big Boss

17 Feb 2017, 08:17 #3

For me,large units of NG's and Fanatics..

Boar boyz were always a good choice, I found them better than savage orc bb's to be honest.

Black orcs, normal orc boyz, trolls... depends what you have, what you like playing with, really.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Gork and Mork will smash yer ead in if ye don't sod off!!

Captain, bring me another Elf, this one seems to have split!

Big Grunts' Painty Know Wots..., Irregular painting thingy...

27 Feb 2017, 20:11 #4

Presume you have a copy of sixth edition army book?

First, do as the tactics section of the book says. You want large units so when you've lost 30% to 50%, you'll still have a fighting chance.

Second, include Night Goblins with fanatics. In 6th, you will be extremely vulnerable to cavalry charges. A decent unit of knights will shred just about any infantry force, but our whirling lunatics tend to deter them. Never used them myself, but Snotlings might also make an excellent speed bump.

Third, use chariots for lots of beautiful impact hits. Don't try head on charges against enemy cavalry (could work with a wolf chariot) but move around to threatening position where you will be covered by terrain or a friendly unit.

Remember, our main tactic is to force the enemy into unfavorable situations with our sheer numbers. When the foe has to choose between a frontal attack by Big 'Uns or a flank attack by Goblins, we win. Remember to build a lot of redundancy into your list, so when you lose a couple units, you'll still be able to carry out the plan.