Classic Goblin Army

As one might expect, the ongoing threads recording the ongoing painting and converting of a member's army (or even individual models) can be found here. Feel free to add your own Blog, or offer your critique!

Moderators: Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull, jimbob1066e, Draig, WarbossKurgan, Snikpik

Classic Goblin Army

KevinC
Goblin

24 Apr 2011, 19:09 #1

UPDATED: August 23, 3012 - Go to page 3 for more pics: http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_ ... ry22001696

I wanted to post some pics of my Goblin army. This is not my entire collection, but probably the models I use most often. I plan on updating this gallery with more of my Goblin models whenever I get a chance to take pics.

All comments are welcome. I hope you enjoy...

Thanks!

CORE UNITS

Da Sneaky Stikkas:

Grom's Goblin Guard:

Da Grinning Moons:

Stogg's Stunty Stompas:

Nasty Skulkers:

SPECIAL UNITS

Da Rock Eaters

Zogrot's Dog Carts:

RARE UNITS AND MONSTERS

Doomfang the Wyvern:

More Giants:

Ol' One Eye, the Cyblin (I use O'l One Eye as a Cygor in Storm of Magic):

Doom Diver Catapults:

CHARACTERS

Grom the Paunch of Misty Mountain:

Blacktoof, Shaman of the Waaagh! riding his Wyvern, Doomserpent:

Gorgog:

Morkwart Gutwarp, Da Prophet of Mork:

MORE PICS ON PAGE 3 OF THIS THREAD!
'Now, a goblin led them. An apparent lesser cousin of the orc was the goblin, but not this beast. This beast was different. It was driven. It was ruthless. It was deadly. And neither dwarf nor man who guarded the gates of this ancestral battleground would oppose it.'

- A description regarding Grom the Paunch

Download the free O&G supplement here: http://eefl.freeforums.net/thread/2/warhammer-grom]WARHAMMER: GROM[/URL]

Claudio
Snotling

24 Apr 2011, 19:32 #2

only one word to describe it
BEAUTIFULL nice work bro

Skartooth The Third
Boss

24 Apr 2011, 19:54 #4

So many pretty colours, great work man :wub:

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
Waaagh!

24 Apr 2011, 20:14 #5

Great army Kevin, any chance for a group shot?

Cheers,
G
WAAAGH GHAZAK, fear the might from the goblins
And never underestimate the power of mushroom driven goblins

Paiant Slapah
Big Boss

24 Apr 2011, 20:30 #6

Very green, and very beautiful. Some really nice work!
Proud member of the:
Paiant Slapah's Horde C & C always welcome-the good and the bad (I provide the ugly).

Krolog da FaceMangler
Orc

24 Apr 2011, 21:07 #7

Love your Trolants Colors. Great looking Army.
(Krolog) Hey Grot wats a Lawyer???
(Grot) Just another squishy wit a nak fur wantin to argu wit da Boss.....
(Krolog) Why der no Lawyers in da Waaagh!????
(Grot) Dems dat argues with wats ryght gets da Axe...............
(Krolog) Dang we es smarts...........

Craze_b0i
Warboss

24 Apr 2011, 22:48 #8

Holy S**t. You just posted the goblin army of my dreams. Loving all the classic goblin goodness. So much so that I don't know where to start... The shields on the first 2 big units are really well done. And you even made the 6th ed goblins look good.
:D

I thought I was familiar with most of the older gobbo figures but you have ones even I don't recognise. The 'Stunty Stompers' for example, are they plastics from a box-set?

Last question... Whats your formula for the gobbo skin tone?

Cheers. :)

Da Spawn Man
Big Boss

24 Apr 2011, 22:54 #9

THIS.

THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST, AND MY MOST FAVOURITE, GOBLIN ARMY I'VE EVEREVEREVEREVEREVEREVEREVEREVEREVEREVEREVEREVEREVEREVEREVEREVER SEEN!!!!

Absolutely amazing sir! The chariot you've put Grom on is awesome - great conversion. And those old models are incredible, and very well painted. And those giant things! Wow. JUST WOW. I'm tempted to put every smiley down because YOUR ARMY IS SO FRIGGIN ZIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!!! :lol: :o :P :wub: :rolleyes: :yarr!: :D :) :ph43r: ^_^ ;) B) :fish: :vomit:
Morten C @ Jun 7 2012, 06:45 AM wrote:I really did miss you when you where gone!
WUB WUB WUB! Biggest AWWW ever! : }

cb_rex
Big Boss

24 Apr 2011, 23:36 #10

I agree, this army is amazing, the bright colours and green bases takes me back to the awesomeness of the 90's. The quality level of the freehand on the shields and banners is consistently really good throughout the army. I think Grom's chariot would have benefited from some front wheels and another row of 4 wolves pulling it. I love all the different giants and Squigs, great work!

Da Git
Boss

24 Apr 2011, 23:46 #11

I love all those smug old style grins! :D It takes me right back to why I started playing the game in the first place.

rat of vengence
Boss

25 Apr 2011, 02:51 #12

Best collection of classic gobbos I have seen. Wonderful work mate!

RoV
It's not easy being green... and gold!!!
My new WIP Army Blog. Tell me what you think!
Orcstralians

My old army blog. Please have a look, and leave a comment if you wish.
Morgitz' Mad Monks of Mork Blog

My models for sale on Wargamerau. But come back to Da Warpath for all the best Orc and Goblin know-wots!

John 3:16

smokemeakipper
Goblin

25 Apr 2011, 06:55 #13

excellent goblin army kevin. love all the old models, they have so much character.id just be worried putting grom on a big chariot like that, just shouts 'cannonballs this way please'!

please keep painting and posting. this kind of thing really inspires me to get my own goblin army finished (if there is such a thing....doubt it).

Kees (aka Ghenkadh)
Big Boss

25 Apr 2011, 08:56 #14

This overview is really great! Old style models and painting combines with the few newer models.
Nice done indeed.

cheers,

Kees
Ghenkadh's sneaky gitz from da yellow moon tribe

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_ ... 24398&st=0

Groznit Goregut
Waaagh!

25 Apr 2011, 13:03 #15

I didn't hear that you were at Adepticon until after I'd left. It's too bad that I had a chance to see the army first hand (if you did bring this one). Also, it would have been good to meet the famous Kevin C.

Love the models.
The Itchy Skabs get slowly painted...
Aye, Gorgut is nothin but a lyin, stinkin, no good git! And he just tried to stick me! I’m gonna cut ‘iz throat!