Awesome week!

Awesome week!

December 19th, 2010, 3:22 pm #1

A whopping four new artists, none of whom I'd ever subjected to a serious listen before, an interesting late-period B. B. King album, a marvelous comeback from the Allman Bros and The Apples' best effort so far.
Great stuff, and I don't know any other reviewer who would with such ease skip from day to day between country-soul, celtic music, hardcore punk and whatever that Natasha is.

December 19th, 2010, 4:04 pm #2

I'm considering trying out Avril Lavigne.

December 19th, 2010, 4:30 pm #3

Do Amon Düül II instead! That's just the right kind of music for this gloomy and cold season, don't you agree?

December 19th, 2010, 6:09 pm #4

I'm considering trying out Avril Lavigne.
We'll just ignore the fact that Captain starts with a "C". Also, if you can review Avril Lavigne, why can't you review America? Don't you know that the 70s were the greatest decade in the history of music.

December 19th, 2010, 6:36 pm #5

...and have even warmed up to TMR over the years, but hey, it's not my fault that he finally kicked it. If Billy Gibbons goes to Heaven tomorrow, do I have to do ZZ Top?

Good point on America, of course, but these guys have so many albums and A.L. only got three or four so far. If I ever get to a point where I can waste more time on the reviewing business, I'll go through their discography. But I don't even like 'Horse With No Name' all that much.

December 20th, 2010, 1:17 am #6

Do Amon Düül II instead! That's just the right kind of music for this gloomy and cold season, don't you agree?
he should also review Amon Düül and Amon Düül UK just for the hell of it. 3 bands for the price of one right there!

Anyway, Avril only has like three albums so it's not like it will be for very long. If anything it will probably be good for a laugh. HEY HEY YOU YOU I DONT LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND.

December 20th, 2010, 6:21 am #7

...and have even warmed up to TMR over the years, but hey, it's not my fault that he finally kicked it. If Billy Gibbons goes to Heaven tomorrow, do I have to do ZZ Top?

Good point on America, of course, but these guys have so many albums and A.L. only got three or four so far. If I ever get to a point where I can waste more time on the reviewing business, I'll go through their discography. But I don't even like 'Horse With No Name' all that much.
Bread only has 6 albums, yet you refuse to review them!

Note: you inadvertently turned me on to the band. After you said you hated them I bought their first album and thought it was great.

December 20th, 2010, 3:43 pm #8

If the rocker Bob Seger can't make the cut then those "Girly man" wimpy groups like America and Bread are rightfully skipped by George.
Last edited by OldBobM on December 20th, 2010, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 20th, 2010, 7:18 pm #9

Ok, that's true. But at least they didn't pretend to be anything but girly and wimpy, unlike Seger who acts like a "Man of the People"...like every other singer-songwriter of the 70s.

December 21st, 2010, 11:47 am #10

Bread only has 6 albums, yet you refuse to review them!

Note: you inadvertently turned me on to the band. After you said you hated them I bought their first album and thought it was great.
ABC, consarnit!