Anyone else looking foward to the Blur reviews?

Anyone else looking foward to the Blur reviews?

December 9th, 2011, 4:23 am #1

i've used George's site to get into Blur over the past year or so, and im really looking forward to new reviews! :O
especially "The Great Escape", i noticed that in the old review George forgets to mention "The Universal" :O.

December 9th, 2011, 5:47 am #2

OK, some 1990s alternative stuff like Blur, Beck, and Bjork too. But Britney reviews are sooooo going to be priceless. wink

December 9th, 2011, 7:25 am #3

Once Amon Duul does some inconceivable shit or crazy Mr idiot barret or worse even Gong everyone says ah natural force ah natural force ah natural force ah natural force ah natural force tanz der lemmings this shit I'm listening the very moment PEOPLE HAVE NO DECENCY and yet a woman prettiliy dressed comes and sings well and makes a feast and yet everyone sneers and everyone offends her she's ended up in a mental home SIMPLY BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO HAVE A BIG FEAST CELEBRATION BUT NOT I HAVE TO LISTEN UP THAT IDIOTIC TANZ LEMMINGS till the end it's not even decent people you do not offend women in that way

December 9th, 2011, 12:04 pm #4

i've used George's site to get into Blur over the past year or so, and im really looking forward to new reviews! :O
especially "The Great Escape", i noticed that in the old review George forgets to mention "The Universal" :O.
I was googling Blur trying to find information about a rare Blur b-side (I'm kind of a completest with that band). I went to his review by accident and discovered his reviews

I was shocked that he considered Blur to be a Class C artist and I thought that meant that Blur was a mediocre band and took that as a equivalent to the grades that teacher gives out to student.

However actually reading the contents of the review were it was obvious that he rated the band quiet highly and I found them to be interesting even if I disagreed with them. Seriously just a brief mention of This Is A Low, an all time classic in my top 10 songs, The Great Escape the best album when at that time I thought it was a sub par (although funny enough it's a 13 now, although that's because I got into the Kinks due to Starostin reviews that made me re-evaluate the Blur brit-pop era and got used to their melodies which I previously found to be obnoxious rather than catchy) and believing He Thoughts of cars to be the worst song on the album when it was clearly the best. What the hell was his problem of No distant Left To Run. Why didn't he see the greatness of Battle from 13 (or the greatness of that album in general) and isn't Blur self-titled album one of the all time great album where Blur found their calling after abandoning the previous Brit-pop style which they were rather hit and miss with. Blur a clear 5 star band (ok I have now downgrade them to a 4 star band in my post-starostin era of music but at the time of reading the review I rated them that high) Damn you Starostin for being different

Ok seriously though. yeah I would love to read his reviews of Blur and see if there are any changes of opinion to them and I have a nostalgic fondness to Blur as they were one of the foundation bands (along with Radiohead, U2, REM, PJ Harvey, Ben Folds Five and Neil Finn) that I grew up listening to.

However what I'm most interested in is seeing Starostin do his reviews of Graham Coxon solo career as he never finish his review of him. If anything, his solo career had made me convince of who's the real genius of the band is. However there's a long way until G isn't there. Why doesn't he treat solo artist from their last name so I only have to wait until C?
Last edited by phantomdasilva on December 9th, 2011, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anton J
Anton J

December 9th, 2011, 3:17 pm #5

I already know those albums pretty well. I'll enjoy reading his updated takes on them of course, but I much prefer being exposed to some new music.

December 9th, 2011, 8:01 pm #6

Once Amon Duul does some inconceivable shit or crazy Mr idiot barret or worse even Gong everyone says ah natural force ah natural force ah natural force ah natural force ah natural force tanz der lemmings this shit I'm listening the very moment PEOPLE HAVE NO DECENCY and yet a woman prettiliy dressed comes and sings well and makes a feast and yet everyone sneers and everyone offends her she's ended up in a mental home SIMPLY BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO HAVE A BIG FEAST CELEBRATION BUT NOT I HAVE TO LISTEN UP THAT IDIOTIC TANZ LEMMINGS till the end it's not even decent people you do not offend women in that way
I listen to her when I want to just get dumb and sing my heart out and maybe dance a lil bit and get crazy and stuff. I think the critics are being too harsh on her, judging her against irrelevant standards because she's not even pretending to be making any sort of artistic statement lol.

So it's kinda irrelevant to compare Britney with Amon Duul II; and if you want to force Britney against the standards of Amon Duul II, then there's no way Britney is going to emerge as the winner. I mean... who the hell is going to compare the calories between cotton candy and some Peking duck? Cotton candy is sorta fun and I love it, just like Britney, but that's about all.

December 9th, 2011, 10:47 pm #7

Mlle Britney she does a show does some work that's like housekeeping work the same stuff one doesn't like it no big problem the house is in order and for that Mlle Britney is loved by various Gods.
Amon Duul ON THE CONTRARY we are exactly FORCED to ENDURE one man's IRRELEVANT eh visions. And he cheats because he uses technics thick thick layer of techinics it's like a sadwitch thick thick slice of bread and some thin very thin butter or even worse. That's what poor people eat here. Now you see my point.
Peking Duck but if you like Peking duck you have to like Mlle Britney there's no way Amon Duul can be compared to Peking Duck a man who dresses as Death is a pervert Peking Duck allows no perverts otherwise flies away why mr tibet moved to berlin i wonder
Last edited by bird3000 on December 9th, 2011, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 10th, 2011, 2:38 am #8

I was googling Blur trying to find information about a rare Blur b-side (I'm kind of a completest with that band). I went to his review by accident and discovered his reviews

I was shocked that he considered Blur to be a Class C artist and I thought that meant that Blur was a mediocre band and took that as a equivalent to the grades that teacher gives out to student.

However actually reading the contents of the review were it was obvious that he rated the band quiet highly and I found them to be interesting even if I disagreed with them. Seriously just a brief mention of This Is A Low, an all time classic in my top 10 songs, The Great Escape the best album when at that time I thought it was a sub par (although funny enough it's a 13 now, although that's because I got into the Kinks due to Starostin reviews that made me re-evaluate the Blur brit-pop era and got used to their melodies which I previously found to be obnoxious rather than catchy) and believing He Thoughts of cars to be the worst song on the album when it was clearly the best. What the hell was his problem of No distant Left To Run. Why didn't he see the greatness of Battle from 13 (or the greatness of that album in general) and isn't Blur self-titled album one of the all time great album where Blur found their calling after abandoning the previous Brit-pop style which they were rather hit and miss with. Blur a clear 5 star band (ok I have now downgrade them to a 4 star band in my post-starostin era of music but at the time of reading the review I rated them that high) Damn you Starostin for being different

Ok seriously though. yeah I would love to read his reviews of Blur and see if there are any changes of opinion to them and I have a nostalgic fondness to Blur as they were one of the foundation bands (along with Radiohead, U2, REM, PJ Harvey, Ben Folds Five and Neil Finn) that I grew up listening to.

However what I'm most interested in is seeing Starostin do his reviews of Graham Coxon solo career as he never finish his review of him. If anything, his solo career had made me convince of who's the real genius of the band is. However there's a long way until G isn't there. Why doesn't he treat solo artist from their last name so I only have to wait until C?
no kidding,Trung, thats a great story. xD
i also agree about the graham coxon reviews :O, wish it could be treated as a C" type review but alas.. hehe the sky is too high", "Happiness in magazines", and "the kiss of morning" would be my favorite graham albums.

December 10th, 2011, 2:39 am #9

bring them on bring them on.
Last edited by xkrzyicex on December 10th, 2011, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 10th, 2011, 4:57 am #10

I've always felt that George's old reviews on them were pretty accurrate for the most part.

As far as 90s B-bands go I'm hoping he'll tackle The Barenaked Ladies at some point. a great band that often gets dismissed by folks who think One Week is all they have to offer. They're underrated pretty much everywhere, except for Canada (they're pretty accurately rated there).