hello from an old timer commodore 64/amiga junkie

Wanna introduce yourself? Do it here

hello from an old timer commodore 64/amiga junkie

PubZombie
nOOb

30 Dec 2008, 23:57 #1

Hi Peeps
just a quick note to say hi,
I have just got an amiga 1200 from my girlfriend for Christmas. She hates me playing games and ignoring her; so she got me my fave ever system!!!!! I will be hangin around and asking dumb ass questions so i thought it best to say hello and wish u all well. i feel the need to go get my c64 out of the garage and start backing up all my tapes.
happy new year guys and hi
pub x
ps my fave games ever are
Paradroid, Paradroid 90, Uridium, Uridium 2, special forces (amiga), Chaos (spectrum) Arena (chaos clone for C64) battlecars (spectrum) Archon C64, Bruce lee (C64) Racing destruction set (c64)

DaZZaBoY
Forum Whore :)
DaZZaBoY

31 Dec 2008, 16:47 #2

Hi PZ, thanks for the intro and welcome to OldskoolUK!

Things are a bit quiet round these parts lately but a lot of the guys still drop in on a daily basis, so fire away with those questions. Good to see another retro Amiga nut in here. :)

All the best m8!

PubZombie
nOOb

01 Jan 2009, 21:03 #3

Hi Dazzaboy,
thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear its quiet around here, but i will look in and post anyway as i think sites such as this need supporting.
I have just got a stockA1200 and will be looking to expand/accelerate so any tips will be welcome:)
hope the hangovers aint to bad
ps i use a GP2x to emulate on these days - check out http://openpandora.org/ i am really looking forward to it for some oldschool gaming

DaZZaBoY
DaZZaBoY

07 Jan 2009, 19:55 #4

@PZ:

Yup, support here is definately appreciated. :)

Have you checked any of the dedicated Amiga sites for spares for your A1200? I wouldn't bother too much with ebay for miggy stuff, as it's normally astronomically priced. But then again, you've no dount noticed this already lol