Been speaking to Dazza on Facebook...

Scene prod discussion for intros/cracktros/demos and links to retro or new releases.

Been speaking to Dazza on Facebook...

pentagram

13 Aug 2013, 13:04 #1

And he's mentioned some name about who'd like to get back into some coding/scripting stuff.

I haven't touch Blitz/FreeBasic for a long time now but been sketching out ideas for intros and shit since the last time I did something way back in the dark days of Ellesdee.

CodeF looks interesting, pure HTML5 + javascript that does 3D, scrollers and mod playing.

I've been kicking around some new graphics, code ideas and designs in the meantime.

Any interest in getting back into the old habits?
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out." - Bill Hicks

Border of Insanity | Twitter | Facebook | Google+

DaZZaBoY
Forum Whore :)
DaZZaBoY

13 Aug 2013, 14:20 #2

Woah! First post in here in 5 years. Well done matey ;)

I'm up for getting the productive ball rolling again and I think we should start by knocking a few design ideas about.

I'll bang on a few other doors and see who else is on side and I've already posted this URL to zYX.

I can see it now.. spinning objects... sine scrollers... happy days!!

pentagram

13 Aug 2013, 14:24 #3

hahaha I got shitloads of objects prepared, getting a little adventurous with Finnobaci spirals at the moment.

I'll code the scrollers, you can write them :)
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out." - Bill Hicks

DaZZaBoY
DaZZaBoY

13 Aug 2013, 14:26 #4

Sounds like a deal to me ;)

zYX!
zYX!

13 Aug 2013, 16:40 #5

Been playing with CODEF myself and it's easy and fun to use as long as you are comfortable with JavaScript in general. Most of the old skool style effects are already implemented so zero amount of coding knowhow needed hence you can work mainly on the design and graphics.

Obviously you need Chrome to view stuff properly (who DOESN'T have Chrome!!??) but it's probably easier than getting people to download and run executables these days.

A good example of a new, original CODEF production is: http://www.wab.com/?screen=218

Loads of good stuff at http://www.wab.com/ though and the Facebook group for it is fairly active.

zYX!
zYX!

13 Aug 2013, 16:54 #6

Here is what I did while I was messing around with CODEF on Sunday:

http://www.a51.org.uk/experimenthol/

(Obviously fairly lame but with a bit of effort and some design work we could do something decent.)

pentagram

14 Aug 2013, 07:52 #7

That Majik 12 font gets around a bit on CodeF :)

I'll have to start polishing some code up to demonstrate now.

DaZZaBoY
DaZZaBoY

14 Aug 2013, 16:50 #8

Further to our discussion earlier matey.. is it actually possible to draw an arse in vector? Haha

DaZZaBoY
DaZZaBoY

14 Aug 2013, 16:53 #9

zYX! @ Aug 13 2013, 05:54 PM wrote: Here is what I did while I was messing around with CODEF

(Obviously fairly lame but with a bit of effort and some design work we could do something decent.)

Certainly has the foundations of oldskool

zYX!
zYX!

14 Aug 2013, 17:47 #10

That Majik 12 font gets around a bit on CodeF smile.gif

Yeah, that example was literally me just messing around with the tutorial code... Hense the naughty font rip.

@pentagram - Have you been using CODEF then doing something else from scratch in another language?