Moderator: DCConspiracy

Clothier Calls Out Champs

DelMarVa Coach
OIFL MVP

11:27 AM - Mar 14, 2018 #1

March 14, 2018
Frank Perdue Memorial Arena - Main Lobby

A crowd of reporters gather around the DelMarVa Legacy podium. Cameras strobe and flash as head coach of the Legacy, Brian Clothier, stands before them eating an enormous chicken sandwich. He's taking big, gluttonous bites and chewing with exaggerated chomps.

"The Legacy Chicken Sandwich. Just one of the fantastic concessions fairly priced at Frank Perdue Memorial."

Clothier puts down the sandwich and dabs at the corners of his mouth with a large white paper napkin.

"The Free Agent Free-for-all is over. Both, the dispersal and entry drafts have come to a close. Mini-camps are about to begin, and soon enough, the preseason will start. The first true test of this new team. And that's why I'm here, to test these guys early."

Clothier adjusts his tie and points to the OIFL Cup Champions wall banner that shows every championship helmet from the first Cup to present.

"I'm here to formally request the New York Mean Machine and Texas Terrors meet the Legacy on the field for preseason match-ups. I know what you're all thinking, 'He's biting off more than he can chew!', well if that were true, I wouldn't be where I am today with the successes I've had. In fact, I venture to say New York and Texas wouldn't have their Cup championships had the Tampa Bay Marauders stuck around. The Marauders would be playing for the One on the Thumb."

Some laughs escape from the press pool.

"You could say these two teams owe me for vacating my former dynasty to begin a new legacy. I cleared the way for them to make their Cup trips. Now it's time to pay up. Meet us on the field and show this new team what championship caliber teams look and play like. And, maybe we'll show you something too."

Clothier picks up the enormous sandwich and takes another oversized bite before walking away from the podium and back toward the players area.