Forum rules
Post your non-nuzlockes, Let's Plays, walkthroughs and the like here! Good luck to everyone!

This is it, The Apocalypse: A Pokemon Reborn Half-Nuzlocke

Rapunzel
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

July 23rd, 2015, 4:24 am #1

Hi guys! Welcome to my newest run that I want to finish ohpleasedeargodletmefinishthisone! This is an .exe file, not a ROM hack, of a very exciting game I found around the Interwebs called Pokemon Reborn. It’s very grimdark, post-apocalyptic fare, and I’ve always wanted to play it because it just looks so badass. There are 18 Gym leaders who all have six Pokemon, Dream World and Hidden abilities on lots of encounters, actual plot, some seriously awesome world-building….

HOWEVER. It’s not a very good game to Nuzlocke (the game’s website says it’s possible but I don’t see how), because Pokemon are pretty scarce in this game. Example: the first gym is in the first town, and there are like six squares of grass available with something like five available encounters. What’s a poor girl to do?

HALF A NUZLOCKE!
[+] Rules!
1. If a Pokemon faints, it’s dead. No exceptions.
2. I can catch whatever I want, wherever I want. This is why it’s only half a Nuzlocke- because I’m only playing with one of the core rules. OTHER ADVENTURES.
2a. I’m probably going to keep this at around two or three per area because encounter rates are really, REALLY low in most places. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
3. Nickname everything based of Seventh Sanctum’s Evil Name Generator. Because grimdark.
4. Limit to 15 of each item. More than my usual limit, but this game’s hard af.
5. Bullshit clause activated
6. THIS IS PARTIALLY BLIND- I’ve watched a few playthroughs of this, but honestly, I don’t always pay super close attention when I watch playthroughs so. Yeah.
[+] The Moment Explodes

Howdy.

I really like Ame’s design. It appeals to the 13-year-old scene kid in me.

(You might already be an accomplished) (remaining)
(all that will be left is humans).

Such dark. Much apocalypse.

(Only recently have we begun)

WELL WHAT TOOK SO LONG.

And I’m going to beat their asses like Christian Grey.

I love that Neither is an option, I really do. I identify as female so that’s what I’m choosing, but the fact that there is a Neither is wonderful.

And you get a small degree of customization. I like the design on the right better, so that’s the one I’m choosing. I like her hair.

I can even spell my whole name!

Or will it?

Well that’s nice of you, Ame.

Just the fucking frogs outside my windOHGODITSABOMBRUN.

Oh right I got knocked out by the bomb nbd

Those bastards.

(BOOOOM, so I came running!)

This is a really, really good game. But good Lord, is Julia annoying. She’s also the Electric-type gym leader. And she likes blowing things up. Don’t you like where this is going?
Also, gym-gym. Seriously. How old are you.

IT WAS A TERRORIST ATTACK YOU DUMB COW.

I like Ame, she has sense.
This bit is kind of wall-of-text-y, so basically Julia is impressed with their work and Ame is trying to find the culprit, so she leaves and tells me to go to the Grand Hall to meet with someone who can help me get started.

GASP CURSING IN A POKEMON GAME YOU’RE GOING TO POKE JAIL. Also her underreaction made me lol

… uh…. Um… oh. Ow. Feels bad, man.

And on that note…

Likewise! Because you’re not Julia!

Oh good :)
(He’s being interrogated and he’s not acting alone. SUSPENSE.)
Victoria’s here to get a Pokemon, too, because her friend Kiki said it would be good for her to start the League over. Not sure how that works but okay, she’s our rival.

Really? 10/10 would rival again

DO YOU SEE THIS SHIT.
DO. YOU SEE. THIS SHIT.
THAT IS EVERY SINGLE STARTER IN EVERY SINGLE POKEMON GAME EVER.
TOP ROW FIRE. MIDDLE ROW GRASS. BOTTOM ROW WATER. FROM ALL SIX GENS
DID I MENTION REBORN IS AWESOME. BECAUSE REBORN IS AWESOME.

Hello favorite starter ever who I’ve never gotten to use in a run on the forums yet because I can’t do an X screenshot-locke~

The random name generator has spoken. And it has bestowed an extremely stupid name.

He’s Calm- it could definitely be worse. And he knows Ember already! That Magician could be niiiice. We’re gonna get along just fine, Flamebrood.

BEST RIVAL.

no

He’s talking about Ame.

Even his sprite is flamboyant

Flamebrood isn’t scared of your Nidoran. He even got a Burn off, first hit!

His dialogue doesn’t change if you choose another gender. Points for being inclusive. Minus points for being really, really uncomfortable.

NOT THAT KIND OF FUN YOU CREEPY LITTLE SHIT

I’M NOT. I DON’T FUCK CREEPY PURPLE PEOPLE I JUST MET.
Then Victoria asks for a battle, too.

I’m not as big a fan of her sprite as the other ones.

This could be annoying early on. Later I’ll be able to abuse dual-types but for now it’s time for Scratch spam.

SWEET JESUS. And that’s with the free Potion I forgot to screencap (one of the NPCs gives it to you). I forgot how bulky Tepig is. Granted, I’ve only played part of Gen 5. But still.
Then I got the Pokedex, Pokegear, Running Shoes, Pokeballs, and the reveal that Victoria is an apprentice of someone named Kiki at Apophyll Academy. She says Kiki is the Fighting Gym leader, too. She encourages us to look around for Pokemon, then visit the Peridot City Gym.

And then we get to peek into the interrogation room with the guy who blew up the train.

Reborn is not even in the general area of fucking around.

Oh yeah and the culprit is sitting in a metal chair. And now he’s on fire.

NOW LET’S CATCH SHIT. Remember, this is only half a Nuzlocke. So I can catch whatever I want, it’ll just die if it faints. OTHER ADVENTURES.

Catches for Opal Ward. Clawmiser is Relaxed with Unnerve, which is not great and not Pickup. Dreamthought (which is not an intimidating name at all generator what the hell) is Timid with Insomnia. Venomslime is Gentle with Intimidate, which seems like an oxymoron. It also took me the better part of two days to get these two.

Got the Old Rod. Interesting thing I failed at showing- the Old Rod catches Grimer instead of Magikarp. The explanation is that the lake is polluted. I thought that was a nice touch.

(smoke rises)
Wonka Factory confirmed

If you play Reborn, make sure you talk to every NPC. I just found the first gift of the run! I don’t actually want a Kriketot, so Hungercut’s going to live in the box.

Found this guy, too. That’s actually really adorable. Terrorburn, you’re going to be nice and safe from the rain… IN THE BOX.
… you know, considering this isn’t a Nuzlocke, I’m being really picky about what I use and don’t use.

… WELL HELLO THERE. Found this guy in the Underground Railnet while totally lost trying to get back to a Pokemon Center to deposit Terrorburn. He’s Hardy.

This nice man battles you to see if you’re worthy of his garden full of Grass and Bug types. There’s also another one who battles you to see if you’re worthy of his reservoir of Water types. Let’s see what we’ve got!

Hateflicker is Serious with Shield Dust- she’ll be awesome for the early game. Perhaps you’ve noticed but there are a looooot of Poison types that Confusion will help wreck once she evolves. Flickersoak is Lonely with Water Veil, and on the team because type diversity and because I’ve never seen a Finneon used. Even though he only knows Pound.

I think we all feel that way about Pachirisu. It is catchable, I just forgot how to catch its attention and get it. Oops.

I have no idea what that is on the left. I think it’s an Espurr but nothing happens when I talk to it. Also some guys are beating up on a Panpour and that’s just not cool.

(balcony)
You ASSHOLES. But then I beat the shit out of them. It was a double battle against a Poocyhena and Lillipup.

Look at the hate flickering in those red eyes. Look at it.

Boxed4lyfe. At least he’s not being beaten anymore. But I wanted the Espurr ;-;

The other guy says “Don’t tell Joey I lost.” Presumably the Top Percentage Rattata will eat their faces off. Or something.
See you guys next time, where we stop fucking around and advance the plot. But first I need to grind. And it took two days to find three catches. WHEE. let's hope I don't disappear for months again. That would just be awkward.
It's only funny until someone gets set on fire... then it's hilarious.
Friend Code: 0232-9396-7975

THIS IS IT, THE APOCALYPSE: A Pokemon Reborn Half-Nuzlocke

Dresden - Emilia - Ginny
Adonis - Ronette - Larxene

Dark And Difficult Times Lie Ahead: LeafGreen Crueltylocke

Harry - Vernon - Sprout - Draco - Hagrid - Luna

BubbleTea
Indigo League Champion
Indigo League Champion

July 24th, 2015, 4:11 am #2

I've heard and read a lot of interesting things about Reborn - it is a pretty neat game.
wrote: Venomslime is Gentle with Intimidate, which seems like an oxymoron.
Maybe he's like those people whose kindness actually unnerves others. Or maybe he's like those people who are polite even when doing terrible things :v:

Good luck with this run!

Rapunzel

July 31st, 2015, 1:41 am #3

BubbleTea wrote:I've heard and read a lot of interesting things about Reborn - it is a pretty neat game.
wrote: Venomslime is Gentle with Intimidate, which seems like an oxymoron.
Maybe he's like those people whose kindness actually unnerves others. Or maybe he's like those people who are polite even when doing terrible things :v:

Good luck with this run!
It really is! It's so much more plotty than your average Pokemon game, and the worldbuilding is SO GOOD.

Oh my god I wish I had the energy to make my Pokemon talk now because those ideas could be hilarious

Thanks! :)

So in the middle of the plot, I realized I was hideously underlevelled and I was probably going to wipe if I fought the boss of the area. So I went to grind. Since encounters are so low in this game, it took about six hours. Then the damn game crashed. So I had to do it all over again. I was not happy. But it’s done so let’s get on with it!
[+] Boom, Baby

They told me to go east but I went west because I do what I want.

Well, you’re a custom sprite so you’re clearly important.

I’m just picturing Catdog now, thanks Fern.

You buttmunch.

Swag Jockey. Swag Jockey.

(Insert Lotad here)

Tyrannosaurus Rekt
(I had a ridiculously difficult time with the Budew. IT’S A BUDEW.)

Rude.

(gym!)
Um. Yikes.

How about nobody booms things and I don’t lose anyone to boomfaggery?

More EXP? Don’t mind if I do.

I lol’d. She blew up the door to the factory so we could get inside.

I missed the screenshot, but the girl who talks like a robot is Florinia, Julia’s college roommate and best friend. And we all remember Mr. Swag Jockey.

It’s really not, you prick.

I don’t mind your sister, I mind you.

(I right?)
And the evil team has arrived.

Please stop talking

Considering the water is purple and full of Grimer, I think the Lake’s already ruined. Also OF COURSE THE BAD GUYS DON’T CARE ABOUT THE CITY.

Don’t leave me with Swag Jockey, I wanna be with Florinia! D:

I think you’re the one who didn’t get enough hugs. Dick.

Not bad designs, as evil teams go. Nice and simple.

Never mind I hate them.

RIP Flickersoak. There’s probably a reason no one uses Finneon but I should also not have sent you out so underlevelled.

Pull your fucking weight, monkey. I need a Water type and I’m low on options.

And there’s the female grunt.
(There were lots of close calls but only Flickersoak died so w/e. I’m severely underlevelled though)

Is that really necessary?

No. No it’s not necessary.

Just let Florinia open the freaking door, goddamn.

Found the bombs.

Rapunzel Lit the Explosives!
Rapunzel used Explosion!
It’s Super Effective!
Enemy Fern blew the fuck up!

> boomies.
Just give me your badge so I never have to see you again.

And so that entire endeavor was completely pointless.

Judging by the bitchin eyepatch, I’d say somebody already tried.

(defeating you. Our purpose here is forfeit, but it was necessary to let you in, so you could attend a demonstration).
Oooh ominous. Also I totally didn’t miss a screenshot shut up.

I’m still salty about the explosives fetchquest being pointless.

(mission-critical data from our systems).

Smart bad guys? In MY Pokemon game?

(of waiting)

Excuse me, Fern and I curbstomped everyone you sent out. I was really underlevelled. He was using a Budew. And you’re overestimating our strength?

I wish I had a Ground move.

But Venomslime and his statuses (and Intimidate) do the job perfectly well.

And once it was two on one, Rivertear stepped in and destroyed the Magby. Fern used Growth a lot. Thanks for helping out, Swag Jockey.

Was blowing up the factory really necessary?
(Then everyone said their goodbyes and Florinia is traumatized by something so she talks like a robot idk)

(I have places to be, too. I’m not)

Dude, what is your deal?

THAT WAS ONE GYM TRAINER JESUS CHRIST I HATE EARLY GAME SONICBOOM.

Interesting puzzle, though.

I hate you.

(of Cheer!)

I hate you so much.

Wired is right.

Here’s something I forgot to mention. Reborn introduces something called field effects, in which the ground changes and affects the battles.
[+] Here’s what Electric does: copy-pasted from Reborn’s website
•Grounded Pokemon may not fall asleep
•Created by Electric Terrain
•Electric moves from grounded Pokemon increase in base power x1.5
•These moves now apply additional Electric type damage: Explosion, Selfdestruct, Smack Down, Surf, Muddy Water, Hurricane, Thousand Arrows
•Focus Punch will always fail
•The stat-changing effect of these moves is amplified: Charge, Eerie Impulse
•Magnet Rise lasts for 8 turns
•These moves increase in base power x1.5: Explosion, Selfdestruct, Smack Down, Surf, Muddy Water, Hurricane, Thousand Arrows
•These moves increase in base power x2: Magnet Bomb
•These moves will terminate this field effect: Mud Sport
•Nature Power becomes Thunderbolt
•Camouflage changes the user's type to Electric
•Secret Power may paralyze

I repeat: Selfdestruct and Explosion are now 1.5x more powerful and Electric type. I can’t use Sleep moves to save my ass.

Flinchhax, however, work just fine.

Intimidate will hopefully help delay my imminent doom.

And plain old brute strength never fails.

Second verse, same as the first.

Buuurn baby burn

My thoughts exactly. Intimidate should help though

No Explosions, which is a relief. But WHO GIVES ELECTRODE AFTERMATH.

:yay:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I hope you don’t wake up.

Not the Boom Badge or something like that?

It’s Charge Beam.

Scuse me, I need to heal really bad because the screenshots don't show me freaking the fuck out through the whole battle.

Why is Victoria blocking my path? Will I ever be at a decent level? Will I disappear for days to grind again? Find out NEXT TIME!

Dresden - Emilia - Ginny

BubbleTea
Indigo League Champion
Indigo League Champion

July 31st, 2015, 3:25 am #4

My condolences for both having to repeat the grinding session and losing Flickersoak.

Considering his trainer class is Swag Jockey and he's cocky, I expected Fern to have ridiculously spiky anime hair.

Somehow I can see Reborn making sure any exploding Pokemon are found in as many areas with Electric field effects as possible.

That's one heck of an illegal Electrode.
wrote:Not the Boom Badge or something like that?
Could be worse: the Boomie Badge.

Skarmizard
Conqueror of the Veilstone Gym

August 2nd, 2015, 5:20 pm #5

So much edge in this game ._.
That said, it looks really well made and like fun. But a Pokémon game with no Pokémon is :psyduck:
And I already love the story because it's so dark. I honestly wish one of the main series games would be more serious (maybe not this serious, but at least a little bit would be nice).
Level 15 Electrode my ass! Also who buffs Selfdestruct and Explosion? :ohdear:
Anyway, good luck and I can't wait to see more of the game! :yay:
[+] Spoiler

Brandon

Jade

Fiona

Jane

Stanley

Marissa

Francisco

Colin
Badges: 5
Deaths: 0
Undocumented current runs:
Y wonder/generationlocke (1 badge, 0 deaths)
[+] Spoiler

White 2 (3 deaths)

Platinum (8 deaths)

Emerald (DEATHLESS RUN!)
[/center]

Other complete runs (deaths):
Ruby (5)
FR (1)
HG (5, ended at Lance)
Diamond (6)
White (5, ended at Ghetsis)
LG (3)
Platinum again (6)
Y (3)
HG again (6, ended at Blue)
Black (5, also ended at Ghetsis)
AS (7)
Black 2 (8)
Y again (6)
X wonderlocke (DEATHLESS!)
AS wonderlocke (2)
Moon (4)
[+] Spoiler

Rapunzel

August 12th, 2015, 4:27 am #6

[+] Replies!
BubbleTea wrote:My condolences for both having to repeat the grinding session and losing Flickersoak.

Considering his trainer class is Swag Jockey and he's cocky, I expected Fern to have ridiculously spiky anime hair.

Somehow I can see Reborn making sure any exploding Pokemon are found in as many areas with Electric field effects as possible.

That's one heck of an illegal Electrode.
wrote:Not the Boom Badge or something like that?
Could be worse: the Boomie Badge.
Thanks ;-;

That would only make sense.

Don't even go there.

RIGHT????

oh god thank you reborn for not doing that
unknown wrote:So much edge in this game ._.
That said, it looks really well made and like fun. But a Pokémon game with no Pokémon is :psyduck:
And I already love the story because it's so dark. I honestly wish one of the main series games would be more serious (maybe not this serious, but at least a little bit would be nice).
Level 15 Electrode my ass! Also who buffs Selfdestruct and Explosion? :ohdear:
Anyway, good luck and I can't wait to see more of the game! :yay:
3edgy5me

It's such a nice change from how predictable main series games tend to be. A lot of the ones that make story changes tend to be horrendous (looking at you, Snakewood). Sure the most recent main series games introduced themes of mass genocide, but even they were relatively cheery.

FOR REAL I HAD TO READ THAT LIKE FIVE TIMES FOR IT TO REGISTER THAT SOMEONE HATES THE PLAYERS THAT MUCH

Thanks!
[+] WHAT’S IN THE FUCKING BOX

(to life and attacking people)

Just rip open an electrical cable and zap ‘em. What could possibly go wrong?

Why, yes, Florinia, I am.

Yes, Victoria said as much already. And in English, no less.

(resulted in large-scale destruction)

Shouldn’t have listened when they asked for blood.

(immediately)

Can do. The rain will make it trickier, but can do.

Very succinct, sir.

Then Victoria wants to see that I’m good enough to pass through the slums and get up to the root of the problem (I’m not funny).

Nice of her to be concerned and all, but I totally am strong enough.

It’s shiny and I want it.

But apparently they disappear when you touch it. Free healing without running all the way back to the starting town is kinda nice though.

I’m just going to… back away slowly….

Yeeeeah…..

Caught these guys in the slums.

Everyone in this tunnel is high.

everyone

holy shit that box moved am I high

Quash. Yaaaay?

They’re just… floating around in circles.

THE BOOOOOOX

No wai

OH GOD.

There was a Scraggy in the mysterious box and he brought friends! I want the Scrafty.

Um

But I killed the one on the other side! D:
(then it died too. Waah).

So they want us to take refuge in the Coral Ward instead of killing the evil plants. And I still don’t have a Scrafty. And I wasted my Great Ball. This day sucks.

Don’t worry, kid, I have the perfect place to keep Lustfang here safe. IN THE BOX. And this box doesn’t move.

Holyshit.

Good thing the hero has arrived!

(be seriously hurt!)

Hello Water Gym Leader.

OHGODNOGETAWAYGETAWAYGETAWAY

Pretty name. Now get the fuck away from me, Cain.

Hey, I‘m the hero here, you little shit.

This isn’t the first screen where he’s been randomly singing. Nor is it the last.

On one hand, yaaaay, he’s safe. On the other, GODDAMMIT CAIN I’M THE HERO.

(Amaria: That was fantastic!)

If everyone could keep their sex life in the bedroom that would be fabulous.

Don’t follow him, he’s annoying. And as he says in a screenshot I missed, he makes a point to stick to Poison types. But mostly he’s annoying.

Not in the same way you said I’m cute, I hope.

If it’ll make you go away, sure, I’ll fight you.

Easy.

Fuck you, Cain.

Sorry, little buddy.

Please stop talking forever.

Was there a point to this diversion?

I’m not going to get a Water type in this game, am I? Not that I expected to take a monkey all the way in a game this hard.

Let’s go, Smashbash.

And I got this girl, too, from beating a minigame puzzle. Bye, Clawmiser, you’re not contributing anything useful.
(Another excessively long grind later)

Pokemon police, always so helpful.

Why is the Water leader here to get rid of plants? I know why Florinia’s there, but why Amaria?

THAT SAYS TM. NOT HM. CUT IS A TM IN THIS GAME. HONOR ON YOUR COW REBORN.

… FUCK.
Taught it to Demonmurk. Better than Screech.

This park is the TARDIS. Duh.

Let’s finish this part off with some catches. Shockingly, there were a lot of Grass types here. Bellsprout, obviously, as well as Oddish and Sunflora, which I didn’t want.

Oh and that happened. But the site I use for a walkthrough is down and I’m too lazy to walk back to a Center to make room for it oops.
NEXT TIME: How many more times can I reference Little Shop of Horrors?

Dresden - Emilia - Ginny

Robin
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym

August 12th, 2015, 8:37 am #7

I think that is a ducklett egg

BeyondTheFail
Conqueror of the Dewford Gym
Conqueror of the Dewford Gym

August 12th, 2015, 11:09 am #8

This is honestly the most I've seen of Reborn (because it's usually 3edgy5me), but this looks like it's going to be interesting! Good luck!
Black 2 Written Log - The Forum Run Complete
Badges: 8 Deaths: 12

Skarmizard

August 13th, 2015, 5:15 am #9

Seven reference :yay:
Sucks that you couldn't catch the Scrafty though ;w;
Cut is a TM? :yay:
Also plants attacking people? :ohdear:
[+] Spoiler

Brandon

Jade

Fiona

Jane

Stanley

Marissa

Francisco

Colin
[+] Spoiler

White 2 (3 deaths)

Platinum (8 deaths)

Emerald (DEATHLESS RUN!)
[/center]

Ruby (5)
FR (1)
HG (5, ended at Lance)
Diamond (6)
LG (3)
Platinum again (6)
Y (3)
AS (7)
Black 2 (8)
Y again (6)
AS wonderlocke (2)
Moon (4)
[+] Spoiler

AlternateLives
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

August 15th, 2015, 1:33 am #10

Between my own game and Shofu's playthrough, I can say this is one of the best fan games out there! From the little that I've played of it*, I can say that you're in for one tough, yet fun ride! Good luck!

*I didn't get very far not because I lost interest or am bad, it's because the Wine wrapper for the game doesn't work (last I checked, it crashes after healing at a center) and running the game in a virtual machine is laggy as crud.
What happens when a glitch enthusiast does a Nuzlocke?
Alt's Debug Yellow GlitchLocke

A Minecraft Stone to Space Age Challenge: LunaFirma or Bust!

Rapunzel

August 20th, 2015, 1:38 am #11

[+] Replies!
Robin wrote:I think that is a ducklett egg
I actually updated my game in between this and the last part, and that whole area is gone in Update 15, so I guess we'll never know.

BeyondTheFail wrote:This is honestly the most I've seen of Reborn (because it's usually 3edgy5me), but this looks like it's going to be interesting! Good luck!
It is really really really edgy, but I think it's interesting!

unknown wrote:Seven reference :yay:
Sucks that you couldn't catch the Scrafty though ;w;
Cut is a TM? :yay:
Also plants attacking people? :ohdear:
I'm super salty about the Scrafty but I am SO HAPPY they thought to make Cut a TM. The only game I've seen do something better with Cut was Der Erif, which buffs it to a 95 BP Steel move.

AlternateLives wrote:Between my own game and Shofu's playthrough, I can say this is one of the best fan games out there! From the little that I've played of it*, I can say that you're in for one tough, yet fun ride! Good luck!

*I didn't get very far not because I lost interest or am bad, it's because the Wine wrapper for the game doesn't work (last I checked, it crashes after healing at a center) and running the game in a virtual machine is laggy as crud.
It's such a great hack. I think they've fixed the Wine wrapper, because I'm playing on a Mac with Wine, too and it's only crashed on me once so far.
[+] FEED ME SEYMOUR

So there was another excessively long grindfest. Seriously, how does every other playthrough I’ve seen of this game end up with all their Pokemon overlevelled and not listening to them? But at least Venomslime evolved. And learned Crunch over Bite.

(faster)

Of course Team Meteor unleashed Audrey II on the region. Of course.

Tangrowth would be nice to have.

Bad news, bitch, there were three of us.

Ohshi

Accurate name. I forgot to introduce Lumi.

I really, really don’t care.

So basically I’m gonna touch the Pulse.

I kinda figured that. Much more effective than just feeding it blood, I guess.

I CAME IN LIKE A WREEEEECKING BAAAAALLL

Also apparently that was three distinct personalities in one body speaking, instead of two people offscreen. Um. Okay.

I don’t know what that means but it doesn’t sound positive.

Oh it’s a MegaOHHOLYJESUSFLAMINGPLATYPUS WHAT THE FLYING FUCK IS THAT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT

This. Took. Forever. My initial plan was Intimidate, Glare, switch to Flamebrood, then blast it with Psybeams until it died (Scary MegaTangrowth is Grass/Poison and it’s raining). I underestimated how much Acid Spray would do and forgot that Braixen isn’t Psychic type yet, so I switched back to Venomslime to Intimidate again and get some chip damage in with Wrap while he Crunched. It didn’t do very much, but Arbok resists everything this thing can do which is always helpful. And this thing has monstrous defenses, so neither Hateflicker or Demonmurk would do very much to it. [/rant]

You were all blabbering kind of a lot.

(our own Pokemon)

Yeah, that’s a good idea. Less mentally scarring.

Well to be fair it was an absolute bitch to take down.

(now regress)

:yay:

(model, and escape at once)

Do I get to keep the Tangrowth?

Didn’t think it was, bro

(time. I’m sorry I wasn’t much help.)

Hey, it’s all right, giant man-eating Venus flytraps are a very real threat. Especially when it’s suppertime.

That’s probably a safe bet. And yeah, I’m not really sure what’s up with them.

Bigger than any of the main game evil teams, anyway. With the possible exception of Flare. [/Kalos fangirl]

I have two Flying types, a Poison type, and a Fire type. You’re going down.

DO WANT.

Then I went exploring in Obsidia now that Audrey II has been taken down. This motherfucker is only Level 18, so he doesn’t really look like a threat, right?

He has Bulldoze and Rock Slide.

Fortunately, he didn’t have Arena Trap or I would have lost Charmcaster for sure and probably Flamebrood, too (don’t ask me why I thought Flamebrood and Hateflicker were a good idea here).

GET OVER HERE YOU PRECIOUS ADORABLE CUPCAKE EEEEEEE

:cybercrime:

Let’s go see if the Daycare couple will keep an eye on one of the catches I made in the last part. Wait… why won’t they serve me?

wat
(Turns out they’re Team Meteor grunts who went through a butchered version of the Team Rocket motto before attacking)

I lol’d

I should probably switch. But nah.

Because I’m the hero fucking cain
(Turns out the real couple’s stashed somewhere else and now I have to find the key).

That was easy. It’s in the house in the back right of the park. TO THE CORAL WARD!

WHAT THE FUCK.

Oh okay I had the wrong warehouse

I’ve actually come to make you raise my Bellsprout because I can’t beat Rock or Ground types but sure let’s go with that.

I also found a Meteor Grunt who ran off without fighting me and left behind a stolen Happiny. Finders keepers. But she’s not leaving the box.

A girl in a house gave me an egg that apparently contains a Cacnea, which helps me out with my struggles against Water types without giving me yet another Psychic weakness. Woohoo! … that is, if I had the willpower to hatch it. But I don’t, so on to the gym.

Yes, I am, so get the hell out of my way.

Fuck you. Who did all the work against Team Meteor, Mr. Challenging-Terrorists-With-a-Budew?

I’m going to shove that Budew so far up your ass.

And your Lotad’s going to follow.

Fortunately, there are two entrances and the other one is no longer blocked. Fern’s still a bitch though.

I missed the screenshot of me getting the Coin Case, but we interrupt this Gym battle to bring you GAMBLING! The Game Corner here has Voltorb Flip and slots, and the prizes are Slugma, Nidoran-M, Shinx, and the TMs for Attract, Façade, and Substitute.

It took way too long.

Hopefully it’ll be worth it.

She’ll be replacing Hateflicker.

SHE’S ONLY THREE LEVELS UNDER EVERYONE ELSE BLESS. Unfortunately, she’s Modest. Ew.

AWWYES.

The Trainer’s School is full of tough trainers who REALLY LIKE BURNING MY POKEMON. And then once you beat the gauntlet, you have trivia questions.

Fortunately, I have Bulbapedia.

I mean, it might be cheating

But I don’t give a fuck.

Dude, what is your PROBLEM?

(doing you a favor)

Yeah, you’re my fucking savior.

Seriously?

(Insert Snivy here)

Go directly to Hell. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 Poke.

(the Reborn League)

Yeeeah have fun with that.
[+] ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ

The generator I’m using is really not turning out like I’d hoped. I thought the incredibly lame names would be entertaining, but frankly, they’re not. They’re churning out rehashes of the same three words in different orders for every category and it’s gotten boring by the second badge.

I’m not going to be using a name scheme anymore, just whatever names come into mind. And it turns out, the Name Rater’s in the second town! So I’m renaming all my ‘mons.

The Core Team

Flamebrood the Braixen > Dresden
(he’s a wizard and he uses fire. Also if you haven’t read The Dresden Files you are living life incorrectly)
Demonmurk the Noibat > Hugo
(Victor Hugo, who wrote the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Also a gargoyle in the Disney movie)
Charmcaster the Swirlix > Flora
(the red/pink fairy from Sleeping Beauty)
Venomslime the Arbok > Jafar
(I’m listening to the Aladdin Broadway soundtrack)
Boltslash the Luxio > Larxene
(Kingdom Hearts)
Smashbash the Makuhita > Adonis
(Have we established that my standbys for nicknames are Disney characters and Greek myths? Good)

The Box
Hungercut the Kricketot > Viola
(because stringed instruments and stuff)
Furybeast the Mankey > Louie
(more Disney)
Terrorburn the Pansear > Oscar
(I think this is actually a Disney name too, but he’s named after this documentary about a baby chimp I went to see with my sister NOT EXPECTING TO CRY BITCH TEARS THROUGH HALF THE DAMN FILM)
Dreamthought the Hoothoot > Jareth
(you remind me of the babe. This is not the first Hoothoot I’ve named Jareth. Probably won’t be the last)
Snarereign the Venonat > Mung
(Mung moths are a species of moth. Yay Wikipedia)
Lustfang the Skitty > Marie
(again with the Disney I’m so sorry except I’m not sorry at all)
Clawmiser the Meowth > Selina
(Selina Kyle aka Catwoman)
Bloodlove the Happiny > Esther
(It sounds like Easter and this line is always holding an egg)
Hateflicker the Butterfree > Mariposa
(Spanish for butterfly)
Roothunger the Bellsprout > Audrey
(If you don’t know where this one came from you aren’t paying attention. I actually don’t have enough money to get Roothunger out of the PC at the moment but its name will be Audrey.)
Next time, we actually take on Florinia, no bitch-ass little brothers involved! I hope.

Dresden - Emilia - Ginny

BubbleTea
Indigo League Champion
Indigo League Champion

August 20th, 2015, 4:42 am #12

That Mega/Pulse!Tangrowth is giving me Resident Evil vibes.

Stashing away and impersonating the Daycare Couple's rather ingenious.

Substitute is offered at the Game Corner? That's pretty neat, how many coins are needed?

Skarmizard

August 21st, 2015, 7:07 am #13

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA what is that demon Tangrowth kill it with fire and more fire :ohdear:
Also, a character with multiple personalities? Cool to see that.
Fake Daycare couple? Next thing you know, they'll have fake Pokémon center nurses...
Fern is an absolute bitch >:(
And those look like really annoying questions x_x. I like the idea of gyms with trivia, but not obscure things like that (although we have Bulbapedia so lmao.)
[+] Spoiler

Brandon

Jade

Fiona

Jane

Stanley

Marissa

Francisco

Colin
[+] Spoiler

White 2 (3 deaths)

Platinum (8 deaths)

Emerald (DEATHLESS RUN!)
[/center]

Ruby (5)
FR (1)
HG (5, ended at Lance)
Diamond (6)
LG (3)
Platinum again (6)
Y (3)
AS (7)
Black 2 (8)
Y again (6)
AS wonderlocke (2)
Moon (4)
[+] Spoiler

Rapunzel

August 26th, 2015, 8:33 pm #14

[+] Replies!
BubbleTea wrote:That Mega/Pulse!Tangrowth is giving me Resident Evil vibes.

Stashing away and impersonating the Daycare Couple's rather ingenious.

Substitute is offered at the Game Corner? That's pretty neat, how many coins are needed?
It's giving me KILL IT WITH FIRE (and bats and snakes) vibes

I thought so to- very clever, game designers 10/10

Substitute is 7000 coins. For comparison, Larxene was 5000 and that took me DAYS of Voltorb Flip. With no savestates. And I very rarely use stall tactics.

Skarmizard wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA what is that demon Tangrowth kill it with fire and more fire :ohdear:
Also, a character with multiple personalities? Cool to see that.
Fake Daycare couple? Next thing you know, they'll have fake Pokémon center nurses...
Fern is an absolute bitch >:(
And those look like really annoying questions x_x. I like the idea of gyms with trivia, but not obscure things like that (although we have Bulbapedia so lmao.)
You're speaking my language.

It makes figuring out who's talking a pain though I tell you what.

DON'T EVEN JOKE.

Fuck Fern oh my god

Apparently you're supposed to go into the other six or seven rooms that I didn't show and look through the books that are scattered around to find all that information. Ain't nobody got time for that.
[+] Don’t Feed the Plants

I am highly anal retentive about my ‘mons’ levels, so I ground just one more level until everyone was 24. And the newly-renamed Adonis evolved!

I also found backup for Larxene in my grinding spot. Some Pokemon appear and disappear randomly based on the day. Also Astrape, the personification of lightning, and her sister, Bronte (thunder), were handmaidens of Zeus.

I’m done stalling now, I swear.

Why :psyduck:

I happen to know her ace is a Cradily with Sandstorm, so Adonis is on call for that one. Jafar, Hugo, and Dresden should be able to handle everyone else. I hope. :ohdear:

I like you so much more than your brother.

It’s your typical “thanks for your help but I still need to fight you” speech. Straight to the point.

She’s also head of the Trainer’s School so we have an audience.

Rude.

I’m not worried, really. :ohdear:

FUCK.

That was easy. 4x weakness bitch

I wish I had a better Fire move. But it did the job.

Twice.

Goddamn PoisonPowder. At least I have Antidotes.

Here come the big guns. Hopefully Intimidate will help nerf this thing. Hopefully.

Just have to abuse secondary typings. That’s all. Easy enough. ohpleasekillitbeforeitsandstorms

Wow. That was really easy.

I’ll take that. And shove it in Fern’s little bitch face.

Yessss time to abuse the Field Effects yesssss

Naturally. I’m a Pokemon hero. That means everything is my problem.

(same spell as Obsidia)

More plants? Goddammit Seymour.

That was unnecessarily fatalistic.

OH BOY TWO MORE PULSE TANGROWTH MY FAVORITE.

… oh. Ouch.

Hot damn.

This just got really heavy really fast.

So basically I have to find those five officers.

But first I FINALLY FOUND A DECENTLY LEVELED GRASS TYPE THAT CAN HANDLE ROCKS AND WATER WITHOUT MAKING ME WEAKER TO PSYCHIC *dances*. Also more Little Shop references. She’ll be joining the team in Flora’s place.

das me
(Then I killed his Raticate and saved one officer)

who the hell are you

(homes have been lost)

Yeah and it’s freaking terrifying

Doesn’t that mean trash in Swahili?
(Obscure Disney trivia ftw?)

Sounds like you’re reaching for an acronym to me.

That would be lovely, so let’s just team up and do that.

excuse me

EXCUSE ME?

OH SURE I WON’T TAKE YOU MURDERING ME PERSONALLY AT ALL

Honey, Adonis just took out a full-grown Cradily, you don’t scare me with that weak shit.

It’s baaaaa-aaaaack.

ABORT MISSION ABORT MISSION

GODDAMMIT JUST KILL IT.

Thank you, Dresden.

Lolchatot

(this in the Beryl Ward)

*flips all the tables*

walkin

Honey you’re like twelve go home.

(guys)

Your daddy issues are so not my problem.

The kind who doesn’t want bad guys murdering his bratty daughter.

Is your father Nathan Wallace? no one’s going to get that reference

(people up too!)

This kid needs an attitude adjustment.

(something about the machine in the Beryl ward)

Honestly? You’re being such a brat I’m tempted to just let you at it.

… what.
So I moved along to the next ward….

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkk….

Find out what the fuck just happened next time!

Dresden - Emilia - Ginny

Lore
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym

August 26th, 2015, 9:24 pm #15

This is like scene kids heaven.
I'm not even sure if this rom is sarcastic or not, oh god.

DerogatoryTrainer
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym

August 27th, 2015, 6:44 am #16

Heather is just a precocious child...whose face you want to cave in with a spade...
Damn it. You're always one step ahead of me...
[+] Spoiler
I caught Carnivine too...but boxed him immediately... They just creep me out

Your experience may differ from those participating

[+] Spoiler
Full of that Derogatory goodness you all know and love!
[+] Spoiler

The filler arc to end all filler arcs is here!

Can the Derogatory Trainer save Hoenn? Will he even try?

Stay tuned to find out!

Skarmizard

August 28th, 2015, 3:33 pm #17

Why is every gym leader's ace an illegal evolution :psyduck: . But at least it went well :yay:
...Wow, things got heavy quickly. I would actually not mind seeing some of this in a main game sometime though.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA not another demon Tangrowth :ohdear:
And why does the little girl have a Salamence .__.
[+] Spoiler

Brandon

Jade

Fiona

Jane

Stanley

Marissa

Francisco

Colin
[+] Spoiler

White 2 (3 deaths)

Platinum (8 deaths)

Emerald (DEATHLESS RUN!)
[/center]

Ruby (5)
FR (1)
HG (5, ended at Lance)
Diamond (6)
LG (3)
Platinum again (6)
Y (3)
AS (7)
Black 2 (8)
Y again (6)
AS wonderlocke (2)
Moon (4)
[+] Spoiler

Rapunzel

September 6th, 2015, 4:57 pm #18

[+] Replies!
Lore wrote:This is like scene kids heaven.
I'm not even sure if this rom is sarcastic or not, oh god.
Pokemon: Hot Topic Version
DerogatoryTrainer wrote:Heather is just a precocious child...whose face you want to cave in with a spade...
Damn it. You're always one step ahead of me...
[+] Spoiler
I caught Carnivine too...but boxed him immediately... They just creep me out
Accurate.

Actually, you're pretty far ahead of me now.

I kind of like her. She's the weak link in my chain but she handles Rocks and Ground types better than anything else I have can.
Skarmizard wrote:Why is every gym leader's ace an illegal evolution :psyduck: . But at least it went well :yay:
...Wow, things got heavy quickly. I would actually not mind seeing some of this in a main game sometime though.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA not another demon Tangrowth :ohdear:
And why does the little girl have a Salamence .__.
Because Reborn hates happiness.

OH HONEY YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS GAME GET HEAVY YET.

Guess what? We're not done with the demon Tangrowth.

I don't know but I want a Salamance ;-;
[+] Everything Happens For a Reason

Look, I’m sorry I’ve never seen Lost, okay?!

Of course Fern shows up. Of course.

How about I burst every single one of your internal organs?

Let me out of this cage and say that to my face. Then we’ll see who’s helpless.

Yeah I’m wondering how that happened myself. I mean, half my team could wipe the floor with an NFE Grass type.

(I) (priceless)

I hate you so much.
(He’s talking about Gym leaders btw)

The hell you are.

I say march your bitch ass back whatever pit of hell you came from.

At least I have my pride.

… well…. crap.

Thanks little buddy!

Looks like it’s not just me.

I like healers.

I don’t like this :C Poor guy.

I’m standing on the finished product of one of the most annoying and unnecessary puzzles I’ve ever seen in a Pokemon game. Each of those three rectangles was a bunch of spikes, and I had to run all over creation finding the three switches to be able to walk on it. Seriously, put in a Cut tree or something.

Nothing good, I assume.

Meeeee~

And I intend to.

Ooh, I like that. Except for the fact that I’m totally the tiger.

I think I’m ready for the world, considering I’ve beaten these things twice now.

And I’ll heat it up with my flaming fox wizard thing.
that was bad and I should feel bad

I’d say this is my show but actually you have a Salamance so go for it

Your Salamance is right there don’t wait for him to shut up, just go for it.

So then the mystery dude took on Heather and sent Taka and ZEL after me. Double battles, every Nuzlocker (or half-Nuzlocker)’s favorite. Strategy: take out one side first and make the other side (the side with the Tangrowth) a one on two fight.

I missed the screenshots of the Eeveelutions, but he had Glaceon, Espeon and Umbreon. I’ve seen that Espeon’s Psybeam one-shot all kinds of things and I was absolutely terrified. But I was rapid-firing A, and misclicked Fight > Knock-Off instead of switching Adonis away from the Psychic type, and miraculously it OHKOed.

One weak waste of time down.

Here we go again.

If I could never do that again that would be great.

Two weak wastes of time down except Nasty Plot + Chatter is kind of a terrifying combination but dammit Chatot should not be scary

(defending this location)

can I have the Tangrowth

AND THEY TOOK THE TANGROWTH.

>taunts admins for running away
> runs away
> seems legit

oh no wait they’re all up here.

WAIT ARE POKEMON POLICE ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING???? Lawd help me, I think I have the vapors.

PLOT TWIST

Oh shit

Somehow the name Corey doesn’t make me tremble in fear, I don’t know why.

(The Gym Leaders are)

Trust no bitch

damn, Corey.

Police threaten to arrest him, he says they can’t because all they’ve done is unmask a father in front of his daughter. So if they want to arrest him for, you know, the Tangrowth thing, we have to go to his Gym. Because wynaut.

People need to stop doing that.

SWEENEY TODD REFERENCE <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

What’s a Pokemon game without a cemetery?

So edgy

2spooky5me

Named what jumped out after a Reaper from Supernatural who’s in like two episodes.

All the wilds in the Cemetery give this message when they appear. What does that even mean?

Ooh, Phanpy! Not using her yet but she’s on backup if someone dies. And Winifred is the elephant matriarch in The Jungle Book.

To the Gym!

(every single turn!)

y
[+] But that’s not all!
- Special Flying attacks, Bubble, Bubblebeam, and Energy Ball deal additional Poison damage
- Smog, Clear Smog, Acid Spray, Bubble, and Bubblebeam increase in BP x1.5
- Stat-changing effect of Acid Armor and Smokescreen is amplified
- Activates Venom Drench and Venoshock
- Base accuracy of Toxic becomes 100
- Aftermath damages for 50% HP
- Fire moves increase in BP x1.5
- SELFDESTRUCT AND EXPLOSION INCREASE IN BP x2 WHY DOES THIS GAME KEEP DOING THAT
- Gust, Whirlwind, Defog, Hurricane, Tailwind, Razor Wind, Selfdestruct, Explosion, and Twister will terminate this field effect
- Heat Wave, Eruption, Lava Plum, Searing Shot, Fire Pledge, and Flame Burst will terminate this field effect… KOING ALL ACTIVE POKEMON.
- Gravity will transform this field into a Corrosive Field
- Nature Power becomes Acid Spray
_ Camoflauge changes the user’s type to Poison
- Secret Power may poison
The only attack I have on my main team that can take this away is Flame Burst, which I really really do not want to use. Fortunately, he has nothing that can explode.
The solution: temporarily box Ronette and switch in Mariposa. She still has Gust, so she can clear the Mist. Then Dresden can mindfuck everything.

Yup.

(supposed to oversee)

oh horrors I saved the innocent creatures you were abusing

Because you nearly destroyed three cities

Maybe you shouldn’t have joined a terrorist organization?

Well, both, if you’re asking.

I’m sure you will but I have a plan. I hope.

I don’t have enough images left to actually get into the Gym battle, but we’ll do that next time!

Dresden - Emilia - Ginny

DerogatoryTrainer

September 7th, 2015, 1:33 pm #19

Awww damn I missed the cooler story arc...

Nice job not losing anyone to those Admins

Your experience may differ from those participating

[+] Spoiler
Full of that Derogatory goodness you all know and love!
[+] Spoiler

The filler arc to end all filler arcs is here!

Can the Derogatory Trainer save Hoenn? Will he even try?

Stay tuned to find out!

Lore

September 7th, 2015, 2:54 pm #20

The strength of the admins seem pretty similar to the strength of the ones in snakewood.
Aka deadly.