Hello everyone! Welcome to my new run! I got bored, having already played ahead on my Fire Red nuzlocke, so I decided to start a new run. Coincidentially, I remembered an older run I read here before, and thought 'why not do something similar with Black 2?
- [+] How Tier Shift works
- So basically, Tier Shift is this. Stats of the fully evolved Pokemon are changed according to Smogon's tiers, which are in order from highest to lowest (in gen V): Ubers, OverUsed, BorderLine, UnderUsed, BorderLine2, RarelyUsed, BorderLine3 and NeverUsed. So normally, it works like this.
- Pokemon in Ubers and OU get no boosts.
- Pokemon in UU get +5 in every base stat.
- Pokemon in RU get +10 in every base stat.
- Pokemon in NU get +15 in every base stat.
But then where to keep the Pokemon in the three BorderLines? They're not official tiers, but should I count the Pokemon in them to be part of the lower or the higher tier? So I did this.
- Pokemon in BL get no boosts.
- Pokemon in BL2 get +5 in every base stat.
- Pokemon in BL3 get +10 in every base stat.
Another thing that is normally done in Tier Shift, is not changing the base stats of not fully evolved Pokemon. At first, I was planning on keeping that, until I realized that there might have been some broken Pokemon early on (read as: Dunsparce, Audino) and so I decided to change those as well. Hold on your hats. Lots of numbers incoming.
- Pokemon that evolve into Ubers, OU or BL get no boosts.
- Pokemon that evolve only once and end up in UU or BL2 eventually, get +3 in every base stat.
- Pokemon that evolve twice, are base Pokemon, and end up in UU or BL2 eventually, get +1 in every base stat.
- Pokemon that evolve twice, are first stage Pokemon, and end up in UU or BL2 eventually, get +3 in every base stat.
- Pokemon that evolve only once and end up in RU or BL3 eventually, get +4 in every base stat.
- Pokemon that evolve twice, are base Pokemon, and end up in RU or BL3 eventually, get +2 in every base stat.
- Pokemon that evolve twice, are first stage Pokemon, and end up in RU or BL3 eventually, get +5 in every base stat.
- Pokemon that evolve only once and end up in NU eventually, get +5 in every base stat.
- Pokemon that evolve twice, are base Pokemon, and end up in NU eventually, get +4 in every base stat.
- Pokemon that evolve twice, are first stage Pokemon, and end up in NU eventually, get +7 in every base stat.
Why those exact numbers? I have no idea. I thought they looked good. Not too broken, not too overpowered. Then again, in the late game, Audino or Dunsparce would still be horrible, but then there are things like Stoutland or Lapras, whose stats are now ridiculously high.
- [+] Changelog of the game
- Stat boosts of every single Pokemon in BW2's regional dex
+0: Riolu, Lucario, Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr, Drilbur, Excadrill, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Larvesta, Volcarona, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Frillish, Jellicent, Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure, Tornadus-T, Thundurus, Thundurus-T, Landorus, Landorus-T, Skarmory, Gligar, Gliscor, Terrakion, Staryu, Starmie, Vulpix, Ninetales, Swinub, Piloswine, Mamoswine, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Deino, Zweilous, Hydreigon, Yanma, Yanmega, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W, Keldeo, Genesect
+1: Azurill, Zubat, Sandile, Trapinch, Budew
+2: Tepig, Venipede, Magby, Elekid, Cleffa, Klink, Aron, Tympole
+3: Marill, Growlithe, Golbat, Krokorok, Darumaka, Scraggy, Vibrava, Yamask, Roselia, Zorua, Baltoy, Mienfoo, Pawniard, Bronzor, Sneasel
+4: Snivy, Oshawott, Pidove, Sewaddle, Lillipup, Mareep, Roggenrola, Onix, Cottonee, Petilil, Minccino, Sandshrew, Dwebble, Archen, Karrablast, Shelmet, Foongus, Joltik, Tynamo, Skorupi, Tangela, Spheal, Vanillite, Slakoth, Corphish, Igglybuff
+5: Victini, Pignite, Patrat, Purrloin, Sunkern, Psyduck, Azumarill, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Whirlipede, Koffing, Arcanine, Magmar, Electabuzz, Rattata, Crobat, Grimer, Woobat, Skitty, Buneary, Munna, Clefairy, Umbreon, Krookodile, Darmanitan, Darmanitan-Zen, Trubbish, Rufflet, Vullaby, Scrafty, Flygon, Cofagrigus, Tirtouga, Klang, Roserade, Combee, Heracross, Blitzle, Buizel, Zoroark, Ducklett, Deerling, Nosepass, Lairon, Claydol, Elgyem, Cubchoo, Tornadus, Numel, Spoink, Drifloon, Shuppet, Wingull, Mienshao, Bisharp, Cobalion, Virizion, Palpitoad, Mantyke, Remoraid, Wailmer, Swablu, Bronzong, Weavile, Seel, Golett, Lickitung, Meloetta, Meloetta-P
+7: Servine, Dewott, Tranquill, Swadloon, Herdier, Flaaffy, Boldore, Eelektrik, Sealeo, Vanillish, Vigoroth, Jigglypuff
+10: Emboar, Scolipede, Magmortar, Electivire, Steelix, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Clefable, Cinccino, Sandslash, Crustle, Sigilyph, Archeops, Klinklang, Escavalier, Accelgor, Amoonguss, Aggron, Galvantula, Durant, Cryogonal, Drapion, Absol, Tangrowth, Seismitoad, Bouffalant, Druddigon, Crawdaunt
+15: Serperior, Samurott, Watchog, Liepard, Unfezant, Leavanny, Sunflora, Stoutland, Ampharos, Golduck, Dunsparce, Audino, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Weezing, Raticate, Muk, Swoobat, Gigalith, Delcatty, Lopunny, Musharna, Flareon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Basculin, Garbodor, Braviary, Mandibuzz, Maractus, Carracosta, Vespiquen, Emolga, Pinsir, Zebstrika, Floatzel, Swanna, Sawsbuck, Castform, Probopass, Eelektross, Alomomola, Zangoose, Seviper, Beheeyem, Heatmor, Beartic, Camerupt, Grumpig, Drifblim, Banette, Pelipper, Lunatone, Solrock, Stunfisk, Shuckle, Mantine, Octillery, Corsola, Wailord, Lapras, Walrein, Altaria, Delibird, Vanilluxe, Ditto, Dewgong, Throh, Sawk, Golurk, Slaking, Wigglytuff, Lickilicky, Tropius, Carnivine
Changes to impossible/bullshit evolutions
- Magmar into Magmortar by using Magmarizer
- Electabuzz into Electivire by using Electirizer
- Boldore into Gigalith at level 36
- Onix into Steelix by using Metal Coat
- Gurdurr into Conkeldurr at level 36
- Eevee into Espeon by using Sun Stone
- Eevee into Umbreon by using Moon Stone
- Eevee into Leafeon by using Leaf Stone
- Eevee into Glaceon by friendship
- Karrablast into Escavalier at level 30
- Shelmet into Accelgor at level 30
- Tangela into Tangrowth at level 34
- Gligar into Gliscor by using Razor Fang
- Mantyke into Mantine at level 32
- Sneasel into Weavile by using Razor Claw
- Piloswine into Mamoswine at level 43
- Lickitung into Lickilicky at level 36
- Yanma into Yanmega at level 34
Note: these are only the Pokemon in the regional dex. I haven't changed the Pokemon outside of the regional dex yet! Also, I still need to change the Pokemon's abilities, so that they can get their Dream World abilities in the wild. Abilities can make or break a Pokemon, after all. As soon as both of these things are implemented, I'll make this game downloadable.
- [+] Rules
- 1. I may only catch the first Pokemon I encounter in every area.
1a. Literally the first one I encounter. If they're a trainer's, catch them anyway. It's for science. I may not steal from mayor battles, though. (Gym Leaders, Rival, Zinzolin, Ghetsis, Colress, Shadow Triad, Elite Four members, Champion)
1b. Dupes clause is on. I only need one research sample. Even if they die, they still count as caught before, and may not be caught again. This applies to evolutionary lines. Three chances to catch a Pokemon. If the first three are all Pokemon I caught before, then tough luck, no catch in that area.
1c. Shiny clause is on. Shinies are exceptional and must be caught at all costs. For science, of course.
2. If a Pokemon faints, it is dead, and must be sent to the Lab (box) for further examination. Even corpses have use when science is involved.
3. Nickname everything.
4. Dissect everything.
5. Ignore rule 4.
6. I may not overlevel for Gym Leaders/Elite Four members/the Champion. My highest level may be that of their ace, not higher.
7. I may only use as many Pokemon against a Gym Leader/Elite Four member as they have themselves.
- [+] Table of contents
- Part 0: The boy who cried science
- [+] Part 0: The boy who cried science
How are you today, Wart? Feeling any better?
I have never felt better before, mother.
Well, as agreed with the psychiatrist...
Mother, are you going to give me a speech about 'friendship' and 'how wonderful Pokemon and people together are' again?
You should know better, mother. Pokemon have potential, that is true. But the only way to unlock that potential is through researching it, not through friendship or something of the sort.
Oh, Wart... You know that's not true.
I know that it is true, though.
At...at least let me finish talking.
Exactly! Now you have said it yourself, mother! Their powers... What are the secrets behind it? I will devote my whole life to find that out!
Wart, do you know what I research?
You seek the very same knowledge as I do, only in the wrong way.
Oh, please, Wart! Stop being so stubborn and listen to me for once!
You think about it just like that other boy does...
Which other boy?
My neighbor, and one of the only trainers in Aspertia Town.
He is not older. And we are not really friends either. More like acquaintances.
You know what I mean. Anyway...
I do not understand why this is relevant.
I'm your mother, Wart. I care about you and what happens in your life.
Then why have you not been with me for months?
As...Aspertia Town is a better place for you. And it's far away from my lab.
Right. Anyway, his name is Matthew.
Hm... And you said that he raises his Pokemon with friendship?
Maybe he will be able to learn Wart what it really means to be together with Pokemon...
I've decided. I think it's finally time for you.
Are you going to say what I think you are going to say...?
Wart, please. Promise me you'll be good trainer to your Pokemon.
I cannot promise anything.
At least promise you won't kill them to see what happens or something. Don't endanger them when it's not necessary.
Well, I guess I can promise that, though.
Watch and see, mother. I am going to discover which secrets Pokemon hold. Just watch and see.
No. Do not give that speech again, mother. Bye.
Wart, no, don't-
Arceus damn it! He hung up the Xtransceiver! Sigh... I hope I won't regret this decision...