If you're new around here, you may be asking - just what the heck is this thread all about, anyway? Well, you've got questions, and I've got answers for you! This is an annual poll of the forums to see which Pokémon you (yes you, you behind the screen there, you in particular) like the best!
Last year's results here!
In order to participate in this poll, you need only follow one simple step! All you need to do is provide a list of your top ten favourite Pokémon. You may edit this list as many times as you like before the polling period closes. You may also present your list in any manner you like. Provide visuals, write essays on your reasons for your picks, or do none of that at all! Whatever goes on your list is up to you (within reason, of course, but we'll get into that in just a little bit).
Based on how you order your list, points will be awarded as follows:
1st: 10 points
2nd: 9 points
3rd: 8 points
4th: 7 points
5th: 6 points
6th: 5 points
7th: 4 points
8th: 3 points
9th: 2 points
10th: 1 point
At the end of the poll, all of the points will be tallied up and the top 50 Pokémon will be ranked! Ties will be broken by total number of votes, then first-place votes, then second-place votes, and so on.
Now, here are a couple restrictions that I'd like you all to pay attention to when making your picks. Please read these carefully, as not following these guidelines may result in your votes not being counted.
- Please vote for individual Pokémon only - no voting for entire evolutionary lines in one spot, no ties for a certain spot, etc.
- You may only vote for a Pokémon once. I don't care how much you love Stunfisk, putting it in all 10 spots of your list doesn't fly.
- As you may have noticed, the timing of this poll coincides pretty awkwardly with the release of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. For the sake of this poll, voting for any new Pokémon introduced in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is prohibited.
- The guidelines on voting for certain separate forms of certain Pokémon have changed slightly this year. Voting separately for Alolan Forms of any Pokémon is still allowed, but also please note that this year, voting separately for any of the alternate forms of Rotom, Zygarde, and Kyurem are also allowed. If you do not specify which form of each Pokémon you are voting for, the points will go towards the default form. Voting specifically for Mega Forms or any alternate form of a Pokémon not specified above is still prohibited.
- Please be respectful of everyone's decisions, during the poll and after the results.
- If I contact you to change your list at any time, which implies your list violates a rule, you must change it before polling closes or your list will not be counted.
Last year saw the very exciting rise of Mimikyu to the top spot! Will it be able to keep its title, or will another Pokémon dethrone it? Will Charizard be able to come out on top after three consecutive years of being in second? Will Ampharos fulfill all of my hopes and dreams and eke out an underdog win? You'll just have to wait and see!
If you're having trouble deciding on your list, the following resources are available to you to help make your final decision:
Favourite Pokémon Picker
List Of All Pokémon
- [+] And now, my personal list (reasons will be edited in soon, as I would like to get this OP up before midnight)
- 1. Ampharos
That's about it from me! Happy voting!