Nuzlocke Community Top 50 Poll - Fall 2017 Edition!

Alolan Floatzel
Conqueror of the Striaton Gym
Conqueror of the Striaton Gym

October 31st, 2017, 3:43 am #1

Hello there everyone! It's Panda here (happy birthday to me), and I'm typing with proper capitals, which can only mean one thing - the (fall) 2017 edition of the Nuzlocke Community Top 50 Poll is officially open!

If you're new around here, you may be asking - just what the heck is this thread all about, anyway? Well, you've got questions, and I've got answers for you! This is an annual poll of the forums to see which Pokémon you (yes you, you behind the screen there, you in particular) like the best!

Last year's results here!

In order to participate in this poll, you need only follow one simple step! All you need to do is provide a list of your top ten favourite Pokémon. You may edit this list as many times as you like before the polling period closes. You may also present your list in any manner you like. Provide visuals, write essays on your reasons for your picks, or do none of that at all! Whatever goes on your list is up to you (within reason, of course, but we'll get into that in just a little bit).

Based on how you order your list, points will be awarded as follows:

1st: 10 points
2nd: 9 points
3rd: 8 points
4th: 7 points
5th: 6 points
6th: 5 points
7th: 4 points
8th: 3 points
9th: 2 points
10th: 1 point

At the end of the poll, all of the points will be tallied up and the top 50 Pokémon will be ranked! Ties will be broken by total number of votes, then first-place votes, then second-place votes, and so on.

Now, here are a couple restrictions that I'd like you all to pay attention to when making your picks. Please read these carefully, as not following these guidelines may result in your votes not being counted.
  • Please vote for individual Pokémon only - no voting for entire evolutionary lines in one spot, no ties for a certain spot, etc.
  • You may only vote for a Pokémon once. I don't care how much you love Stunfisk, putting it in all 10 spots of your list doesn't fly.
  • As you may have noticed, the timing of this poll coincides pretty awkwardly with the release of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. For the sake of this poll, voting for any new Pokémon introduced in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is prohibited.
  • The guidelines on voting for certain separate forms of certain Pokémon have changed slightly this year. Voting separately for Alolan Forms of any Pokémon is still allowed, but also please note that this year, voting separately for any of the alternate forms of Rotom, Zygarde, and Kyurem are also allowed. If you do not specify which form of each Pokémon you are voting for, the points will go towards the default form. Voting specifically for Mega Forms or any alternate form of a Pokémon not specified above is still prohibited.
And finally, just a couple general rules:
  • Please be respectful of everyone's decisions, during the poll and after the results.
  • If I contact you to change your list at any time, which implies your list violates a rule, you must change it before polling closes or your list will not be counted.
The initial voting deadline for this poll will be Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 at 7:00 PM EST (GMT -5). If I do not receive a satisfactory amount of votes by then, the deadline will be extended for two extra weeks.

Last year saw the very exciting rise of Mimikyu to the top spot! Will it be able to keep its title, or will another Pokémon dethrone it? Will Charizard be able to come out on top after three consecutive years of being in second? Will Ampharos fulfill all of my hopes and dreams and eke out an underdog win? You'll just have to wait and see!

If you're having trouble deciding on your list, the following resources are available to you to help make your final decision:

Favourite Pokémon Picker
List Of All Pokémon
[+] And now, my personal list (reasons will be edited in soon, as I would like to get this OP up before midnight)
1. Ampharos
2. Mimikyu
3. Volcarona
4. Cyndaquil
5. Rotom-Wash
6. Floatzel
7. Sableye
8. Latias
9. Mamoswine
10. Pancham
Oh, and lastly - huge shoutout and thanks to Jackinev, who helped me make an incredibly sexy spreadsheet that'll help streamline the tabulation process this year thx so much bby

That's about it from me! Happy voting!

NightinGem
Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Conqueror of the Violet Gym

October 31st, 2017, 3:49 am #2

[+] Will edit in reasons and pics later like a lazy fuck
1) Togekiss
2) Mimikyu
3) Dragonair
4) Sableye
5) Serperior
6) Staraptor
7) Beedrill
8) Giratina
9) Ribombee
10) Glaceon
Nuzforums' resident sinnamon bun~
~
[10/5/2015 1:57:57 PM] NightinGem: I'm on the cusp of making proper math puns.
[10/5/2015 1:58:08 PM] Versil: We're rooting for you
~

~
[+] Spoiler
Unruly Mob+ vs. I Wanna Be the Guy
AKA Gem's recording schedule ruins everything and their best commentary is off-camera (or so you are told). They should probably put an actual banner here. It'sv done now, check it out!

The Peculiar One (Banner by the fabulous Perfect Apple)
[+] Spoiler

..Dimitri..........Pansy..........Riska..........Aeyra.......Jamison..... Leader

Vent
Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym

October 31st, 2017, 3:55 am #3

[+] hi
1. lilligant
2. spheal
3. bulbasaur
4. sylveon
5. alolan vulpix
6. krookodile
7. magnezone
8. metagross
9. aegislash
10. umbreon

Updated 8/31/18! Q/A open until Chapter 30! Banner by Rainey!

NBL S10 record; 7-3 (+14) MVP: Hydreigon

and a coupla other story things, nuzlocke and not nuzlocke;
[+] Spoiler

A Black storylocke! Updated 6/10/18! Banner by Dusty!

The Multiverse Theory, a series of short stories set in a crossover universe! Updated 3/25/2018

CasualGameFreak

October 31st, 2017, 4:05 am #4

I'll just get mine in real quick.
[+] The List
1. Meloetta (Music is one of my great talents, and so Meloetta is a mon I love for being cute and also music-based.)
2. Shaymin (Incredibly cute hedgehog thing)
3. Misdreavus (Incredibly cute ghost that was also super helpful in my Wonderlocke of Y. Also because Chuggaaconroy.)
4. Ninetales (Y Wonderlocke, total sis and also one of my best trades.)
5. Ampharos (Always wanted to use one, never got the chance.)
6. Darkrai (Awesomely cool design, incredible work as the main villain of PMD2, and can beat a lead Breloom 1v1.)
7. Eevee (Very cute, tons of potential, can be basically anything, I even have a plushie of one!)
8. Lilligant (Cute. Can't say much more.)
9. Azumarill (NBL made me grow VERY fond of this one. He can not only nuke big threats when predicted right, but his ability to clean up at the end of a match is scarcely rivaled.)
10. Celebi (My other Pokemon plushie! Cute!)
[+] Spoiler
Casual and Friends Play Town of Salem!
[+] Spoiler

Please use "she/her" or "they/them" pronouns to refer to me.

Credit for my avatar goes to this awesome tumblr person!

I'm currently working on a living dex in ORAS! Progress: 396/721 (Most recent addition: Swalot)

Here, have a battle with Catas featuring Moody Metronome Smeargles!

Or, if you just need a quick laugh, try Matthew Mercer in costume on a carousel. Or Chuggaaconroy's Hiker dance.

Chess
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

October 31st, 2017, 4:14 am #5

Hoo boy
[+] Spoiler
1: Parasect
2: Serperior
3: Hydreigon
4: Pumpkaboo
5: Mimikyu
6: Lapras
7: Raichu
8: Leafeon
9: Morelull
10: Crawdaunt

[+] Spoiler

"Don't be afraid to be a fool. Remember, you cannot be both young and wise. Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us. Cynics always say no. But saying yes begins things. Saying yes is how things grow. Saying yes leads to knowledge. "Yes" is for young people. So for as long as you have the strength to, say yes."
- Stephen Colbert, Knox College Commencement Address, 2006
[+] Spoiler
A generic runthrough of Vietnamese Crystal Randomized Fire Emblem

shakyskunk
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym

October 31st, 2017, 4:44 am #6

1. Weavile
2. Clefairy
3. Sylveon
4. Alolan Raichu
5. Mimikyu
6. Togekiss
7. Alolan Ninetales
8. Malamar
9. Swirlix
10. Rockruff

Kirimiya
Conqueror of the Mauville Gym

October 31st, 2017, 4:47 am #7

1. Zygarde 50%
2. Groudon
3. Nihilego
4. Gengar
5. Espeon
6. Swampert
7. Whimsicott
8. Silvally
9. Flygon
10. Zapdos
It's a tying streak
It's a moment of victory
It's a loss, unlike any you've felt before,
And it lasts a lifetime

Mattman324
Conqueror of the Oreburgh Gym
Conqueror of the Oreburgh Gym

October 31st, 2017, 5:01 am #8

Oh hey, it's exactly my list from last year except with one change.

1: Feraligatr
2: Metagross
3: Golurk
4: Dugtrio
5: Goomy
6: Hydreigon
7: Garchomp
8: Vikavolt
9: Crobat
10: Zygarde Complete.

Giant robots continue to take higher positions on the list. Dugtrio moves down somewhat for that, and Zai-Guard joins the ranks.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
29 Perfect nuzlockes. 142 caught in one of them. SAIKYOU NO NUZLOCKER

My most recent one? An event run!

Sire HC
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym

October 31st, 2017, 5:15 am #9

[+] WARNING: NUZLOCKE STORIES INCOMING
[+] TL;DR
1. Crustle
2. Leafeon
3. Houndoom
4. Vaporeon
5. Hariyama
6. Alakazam
7. Simipour
8. Mudsdale
9. Sandslash
10. Sunkern
1. Crustle. I’ve expressed my love for this cinderblock on more occasions than I’d like to admit, so I figured I might as well reveal why. Every Crustle I’ve ever used, and I do mean ever, has been exactly what I needed. In every single game I’ve used one, it filled a gap or checked a leader perfectly. Even when my team was full of legends or single-stage powerhouses, this little crab has always pulled through to be one of the best. And, really? That’s all I can ask for.

2. Leafeon. Have you seen this beatiful boy? His stats cater exactly to my liking, being a tank in every sense of the word, and dealing massive hits like they’re nothing. No moves, you say? How does Dig, Curse, Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, Return, and Synthesis sound? Not to mention, they’re both adorable and odd picks, making them perfect mascots. Look at him. So cute~

3. Houndoom. Must I say more? He’s a beastly special attacker, with a type perfect for taking advantage. Add on Nasty Plot and Flash Fire, and suddenly this hellhound lives up to its name, dragging its opponents to hell with zero effort. Its speed, admittedly, leaves much to be desired, but hey. He’s a good boy. Good enough that I’ve used him at least ten times, more than any other Pokémon ever. Protect this smile forever.

4. Vaporeon. This one’s an interesting pick, as I’ve only ever use him once, but you have to hear me out. Let me set the scene: you’re Nuzlocking FireRed, and arrive at the Giovanni battle. Your team is horribly ill-prepared, with all but two members being weak to either rock or ground. As one of those members is a Clefable, there’s only one option left: your Vaporeon. You think that your run may end here. However, you have a plan: Acid Armor. The battle begins. You set up six. Rhyhorn falls to one Surf. As does everything else, each managing only to get a 3-5 HP Earthquake off. That is the story of Antonio the Vaporeon, the one who sold me on the line forever.

5. Hariyama. Yet another one-hit wonder. Do any of you remember that trade in ORAS for a Makuhita? Did you know that that Makuhita has max attack IVs? Did you know that that Makuhita has an attack-upping nature? Did you know that Wonder training is a thing? And thus, the game was broken. However, one complication did arise; and that complication was Primal Groudon. At first, my plan was simple. Send out my Mega Alraria and spam Pixilate Return. Simple. Then, he nearly got oneshot, and Groudon took less than a quarter. Panicking, I sent out anyone I could think of. My Milotic? No, Desolate Land crippled him beyond repair. Roserade? Even worse idea. Nidoqueen? Even even worse idea. It was at about this point where I realized that I was wickedly unprepared for this threat. However, unlike Giovanni, I had no time to prepare. At all. I was in the battle, and I could only think of one thing to do: healspam. I chose Makit, now a Hariyama, to do the deed. Each attack wrecked his HP bar. One crit would have ended the battle, right there and then. But I stalled. I stalled and I stalled. I believe I wasted 20-30 Full Restores before my hope arrived: the Groudon decided to Rest off the Return damage from the beginning. Two Earthquakes later, the battle was won. This made him, even in light of Modest Milotics and Mega Dragons, the MVP of the series, and I’ve never looked back since.

6. Alakazam. Alakazam, Alakazam, Alakazam. If I had a nickel for every time I’ve used this guy, I’d be a billionaire. He’s consistent, powerful, and, though a bit shallow movewise, always able to do fine work. Nothing too special, but more than good enough.

7. Simipour. Alright, hear me out. Simipour is a bad Pokémon. I acknowledge this. It leaves much to be desired statwise, and are mainly just earlygame fluff. However, one of these monkeys changed my view on these notstarters forever: Reggie the Simipour. I lost my Snivy early, so I already lacked elemental coverage, with my team of Lillipup, Patrat, and Audino. Thankfully, Reggie was able to help me pull through. And, here was the curious thing: he never fell behind. It sounds crazy, I know, but Reggie always somehow pulled through. Unfortunately, the rein was cut short at Chargestone Cave, where my team of Reggie and a Gigalith got destroyed handily due to lack of grinding. That all being said, Reggie’s still a bro, and I still love every elemental monkey to this day.

8. Mudsdale. Earthquake and Stamina break Sun and Moon. Utterly. That’s it. That’s all I have to say. Leave. Go home.

9. Sandslash. Look at this thing. This beautiful son of a bitch has saved me on more occasions than I’d like to admit, all because of that beastly defense stat. Seriously, is that even fair? Not to mention, in my Yellow run, I gave Sally the Sandslash my coveted Dig TM. With such strong STAB combined with instacrit Slash, she carried the team through the entire midgame, until our unfortunate death at Sabrina. Still, though, Sally was out until the end, refusing to die. You’d think a five-level difference and a low Special stat would phase her, but no! Until that dreaded crit landed on the last Psychic she had, Sally took every hit, and stalled with the help of Hyper Potions. Just more proof of the badassery of motherfuckin’ Sandslash.

10. Sunkern. No, I’m not joking. Sunkern is a perfect punching bag, and yet is sort of charming in a stupid way. For a while, my Miiverse account had a post just saying “getttttttt sunked on” as its feature. Even now, my phone’s lock screen has a Sunkern on it. It’s even an inside joke with my friends, talking about how amazing Lord Suknern is. Not to mention, I love aggressively defending its horrible stats. One of my favorite quotes from one of my rants is “it’s almost a fifth of Arceus”. I love this stupid piece of trash. Never change, buddy. Never change.
well that took like an hour

i talk too much
[+] Spoiler
- Lacey
- Sanjay
- Benjamin
- Saundra
- Bill
[+] Spoiler
- BLOOB
[+] Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV8v9WVGiqk
[+] Spoiler
https://smudgeandfrank.deviantart.com/a ... -578423164
The art is worth the price of admission alone.

http://itsahardlife.smackjeeves.com/com ... e-1-cover/
Quite possibly the greatest Nuzlocke ever.

https://illtrytobegood.tumblr.com/tagge ... gue/chrono
but what if tears tho

http://victoryfire.smackjeeves.com/chap ... the-ghost/
About time someone made a really good Mystery Dungeon comic! Like, really good.

http://pmd-rad.smackjeeves.com/comics/2 ... eon-r-a-d/
AND SPEAKING OF REALLY GOOD MYSTERY DUNGEON COMICS

http://hiimtryingtounderfell.tumblr.com ... ins/chrono
this entire au is based around murder and edginess why is it so cute

http://yonkomanuzlocke-fr.smackjeeves.c ... cke-cover/
It takes a while to get the ball rolling, and there's enough plot to choke an elephant, but who cares because SabrinaxGary.

https://zarla.deviantart.com/art/Best-n ... -575682313
At first, just a few silly, nonchronological comics. Now? The single greatest thing ever.
HOW DID I GET HERE

sunrii
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym

October 31st, 2017, 5:16 am #10

faaaves
[+] Spoiler
1. Seismitoad
2. Volcarona
3. Lopunny
4. Scolipede
5. Metagross
6. Deoxys
7. Aggron
8. Whimsicott
9. Exploud
10. Absol

Neosonic97
Indigo League Champion
Indigo League Champion

October 31st, 2017, 9:54 am #12

1st: Latias.
2nd: Greninja (specifically the Ash-Greninja form)
3rd: Charizard
4th: Metagross
5th: Hydreigon
6th: Volcarona
7th: Cinccino
8th: Wishiwashi
9th: Regigigas
10th: Excadrill

khaozz

October 31st, 2017, 10:14 am #13

My list. Same as the one from last year and the year before that.

10. Dragonite
9. Giratina
8. Gengar
7. Scizor
6. Blaziken
5. Delphox
4. Ampharos
3. Typhlosion
2. Gardevoir
1. Mewtwo

Banner made by me. That explains why it looks like garbage.
[+] Spoiler
"Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you... as a friend?" ? Moon Child wearing Odolwa's Remains

"What makes you happy? I wonder...what makes you happy...does it make...others happy, too?" ? Moon Child wearing Goht's Remains

"The right thing...what is it? I wonder...if you do the right thing...does it make...everybody...happy?" ? Moon Child wearing Gyorg's Remains

"Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?" ? Moon Child wearing Twinmold's Remains

Hawkfire

October 31st, 2017, 10:40 am #14

1. Mimikyu
2. Mawile
3. Lilligant
4. Magmortar
5. Togekiss
6. Greninja
7. Crawdaunt
8. Weaville
9. Honchkrow
10. Froslass

Same ten as last year, though in a slightly different order!

Mattelonian
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

October 31st, 2017, 11:01 am #15

for later

1: Pidgeot
2: Serperior
3: Chandelure
4: Scolipede
5: Absol
6: Garchomp
7: Bibarel
8: Whimsicott
9: Hydreigon
10: Oricorio

Maybe now we're all the scrubs who use the standard background?

Effsnares
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym

October 31st, 2017, 11:09 am #16

1. Archen
2. Trubbish
3. Croconaw
4. Audino
5. Joltik
6. Arcanine
7. Vaporeon
8. Cutiefly
9. Krokorok
10. Whimsicott

:3c

akapolarbear
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

October 31st, 2017, 11:29 am #17

[+] My Top Ten, now with reasons!
1. Jolteon - The Electric type is my favorite and I grew up on FireRed. Voltorb and Magnemite didn't interest me because they were objects, I didn't have the patience to look for a Pikachu, and I think little kid me didn't even realize the Power Plant was a thing, so forget Electabuzz and Zapdos. That left Jolteon as my go-to Electric dude and he grew on me real quick. To this day, none of the other Eeveelutions have won me over like my boy Jolteon.
2. Tyrantrum - I was a huge dinosaur kid growing up. I had plastic dino toys, I constructed dino skeleton models like a nerd, and Jurassic Park is still my all-time favorite movie. So when Gen VI came out with a goddamn T-Rex, I was sold instantly. It also helps that he's a damn good Pokemon.
3. Feraligatr - Totodile is my favorite starter, and I love the whole evolutionary line, but there's just something about this big old alligator dude that I love the most.
4. Scrafty - This is mostly Nuzlocke favoritism talking, but I did a Y Nuzlocke where this dude practically carried me. I lost starters, I lost tanks, but through it all, Snakeskin prevailed, and for that, Scrafty's earned a spot in my heart.
5. Incineroar - I know his design is controversial, but I love this dude; the design has so much character! The idle animations in battle, the animations in Pokemon Refresh, that unique Z-Move! I love it all and I love Incineroar.
6. Zigzagoon - Zigzagoon is shaped like a friend. They're all very cute and I love them.
7. Zangoose - Zangoose used to be my favorite Normal type back when I was an edgy teenager who thought, "Aw, yeah, bloody and scarred blade mongoose, awesome!" Nowadays, I've mellowed out and the cute and fluffiness of Zigzagoon has won out over Zangoose, but even still, I can't deny that design is pretty cool.
8. Raticate - Listen, Raticates are cute and fluffy and great and I won't accept anyone trying to tell me otherwise. They're all just fluffy rat babies, leave them alone.
9. Herdier - It's Gundog. That's all.
10. Weavile - This might be more of my edgy teenage years seeping through, but I always thought Sneasel was really a cool design. Then Gen IV came along and while I hate most of the evolutions it added, Weavile I can genuinely appreciate because the design still feels just as cool as the original.
[edit_reason]"reasons"[/edit_reason]

xj2z9
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

October 31st, 2017, 12:07 pm #18

1. Charizard
2. Blaziken
3. Scizor
4. Vikavolt
5. Togekiss
6. Flygon
7. Gardevoir
8. Archeops
9. Milotic
10. Serperior

Zorua3

October 31st, 2017, 1:15 pm #19

Ooh.
[+] Ten Godliest Pokemon
1. Zorua
2. Sceptile
3. Honchkrow
4. Garchomp
5. Charizard
6. Yveltal
7. Torracat
8. Serperior
9. Pidgeot
10. Groudon

Name: Dune
Adopt one yourself! @Pok?mon Orphanage

"We do have a lot in common.
The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
Maybe if we started looking at
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?"

- Meowth

Avatar made by Uberle. Much thanks.

Master Bryss

October 31st, 2017, 1:18 pm #20

Geez it's like this comes sooner every year. This year's list is strongly pineapple flavour.
[+] List
1: Banette
2: Alolan Marowak
3: Scolipede
4: Crobat
5: Unown
6: Ribombee
7: Araquanid
8: Vikavolt
9: Celesteela
10: Necrozma
Current Main Projects (France v Spain has two links, woo):
Dark Violet's back

Not read any of my stuff? Read this first!
[+] Spoiler

Space is tight around here. The Index contains links to every run I have done to date. Enjoy! Also, if you're looking for an off-beat take on Gen II, try my in-progress hack, Spanish Gold!
Bryssdile line art: EscapeToTheSea
Banner design: Shiny Dustox