Forum rules
Post your non-nuzlockes, Let's Plays, walkthroughs and the like here! Good luck to everyone!
Trollkitten
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

December 7th, 2017, 1:04 am #781

Just going to say that I read through this comic and it's really good. I feel badly for Jet and all she's been through.

Jet
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym

December 8th, 2017, 4:03 am #782

Hey Troll Kitten, thanks for reading, I'm really glad you like it, and don't feel bad for Jet...It doesnt get better.

And eWorm, I think you're right, I should def keep posting links to the Q&A answers here, it wouldnt be fair if I didn't, but I wasn't sure if I should keep posting the whole thing here, because it stretches the page. Plus the images I load to DA are too large, and I'm not posting the whole things on Tumblr, so I'd have to find another platform to post them to in order to get them on here. If more people want me to put the answers in their entirety here in the thread then I will, but otherwise it's easy enough for you to click through to read.

Speaking of which:
N's Q&A

And as for your head canon about the stone, I think it works but it's a bit on the nose, I don't even like the idea of Reshiram seeing Jet as a chosen one at all until the very end, hence why he takes so long to come out which should up the tension (like, jet's going up against impossible odds and she doesnt even know if she can get the dragon stone to work until the very end!). I dont want to give away anything else (mainly because nothing is set in stone until I draw it so it could change) but yeah, I appreciate your idea but it's just not the direction I want to take it.

I haven't read many locks this year, and the ones I did are bared for most of the categories, so voting has been REALLY hard. I did my best to contribute, so anyone who has even just one locke they would like to nominate please do. They will appreciate your vote, and it's a great way of helping boost awareness for lockes you love. I didnt even know about Folded until it won last year's extravaganza and now it's one of my favorites!

Kynim-sempai's last extravaganza probably oh what a world!

Anyway, I'll probably work on more Q&A stuff this saturday during my livestream, which I will start posting links to here (if i can remember) since i've finished the bat animation and am actually working on pokemon related stuff. I may simply delete the posts after the livestream so they dont clutter. If I dont work on pokemon stuff, I probably just wont post a link, but you are still welcome to join us! Hope to see you there!

deeforty-five
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

December 8th, 2017, 7:27 pm #783

Oh, N. You wacky fellow. I'd say that he doesn't understand mega evolution at all, but that flies in the face of Alola's rather sinister mega evolution dex entries...

And yeah, I got that reference. I'm old too.
Check out my ongoing runs, Search for Yesterday and The Dark We Carry! Banners made by Rainey and Agent Nein, thank you so much!

My completed runs are in the folder below! Check them out!
[+] Spoiler
A Newbie's SoulSilver Nuzlocke *COMPLETE*
[+] Spoiler
A complete Written Log run of Pokemon Soulsilver, with entirely too much sass. Check it out here.

An Event LG Speedun! *COMPLETE*
[+] Spoiler
Prepare for some janky camera and uninspired commentary as I blitz through Leafgreen!

"Dear Diary," Awarded Best Overall Written Run of 2016 *COMPLETE*
[+] Spoiler
WINNER OF 2016 FAN RUN EXTRAVAGANZA BEST OVERALL WRITTEN RUN
Credit to the amazing tsolei for the banner! Check her out here!
A Platinum Event Run *COMPLETE*
[+] Spoiler

Jet

December 12th, 2017, 4:23 pm #784

heh heh heh this was fun

deeforty-five

December 13th, 2017, 6:53 pm #785

Swapping not only clothing, but also headmons? There we go
Check out my ongoing runs, Search for Yesterday and The Dark We Carry! Banners made by Rainey and Agent Nein, thank you so much!

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
A complete Written Log run of Pokemon Soulsilver, with entirely too much sass. Check it out here.

[+] Spoiler
Prepare for some janky camera and uninspired commentary as I blitz through Leafgreen!

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

eworm
Conqueror of the Sootopolis Gym

December 13th, 2017, 10:31 pm #786

I was not ready for that heart attack when I asked for this. I can't decide which one's cuter. Just kidding, it's Bianca, Bianca outcutes everyone, always, under any circumstances

Jet

December 17th, 2017, 1:01 am #787

July's Q&A Answers are posted!

Jet

December 23rd, 2017, 6:19 am #788

deeforty-five

December 23rd, 2017, 5:25 pm #789

Omg, poor little Sandile xD

That'll teach you to be sneaky and run off, I guess

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Jet

December 28th, 2017, 8:02 am #790

Heh heh, ah he'll be fine XD

Firedog's Q&A

deeforty-five

December 28th, 2017, 11:15 pm #791

C'mon, Firedog. Lighten up. You know what they say--scowl too much and your face'll get stuck that w--oh. Oh, no. :T

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

eworm

December 28th, 2017, 11:52 pm #792

Okay, I know it's long over the Q&A date, but I need to see Firedog's reaction to this song... From a safe distance, I want to live.

Jet

December 31st, 2017, 11:38 pm #793

Episode 56
[+] Enter Skyla!
Yay Skyla! I like her because she looks like Zero (my own avatar). I don't like her weird half jump suit tho, so I gave her a jacket. I like jackets. She looks a bit young so I figured Jet wouldnt recognize her maybe? Anyway, Jet was getting moody again so nothing like stacking your pokemon in order to help a person who's stuck in a tree to pick things up again. XD
[+] Happy New Year!
I did it, I got the episode done before the year end, or rather, right at year end. What a busy year! Thank you very much for sticking with me and I'm hoping for another year of forward progress!

deeforty-five

January 1st, 2018, 5:45 pm #794

I LOVE SKYLA IN THIS COMIC

The redesign with the jacket and the long hair is very fitting and really looks a lot more... pilot-y (?) than her weird strappy jumpsuit that shows up in her normal design. Her personality is also very chill, I love how lackadaisical she is about being caught in a tree.

And don't listen to her, Jet. She says "fly" but really she's just gonna chuck you halfway across an airplane hangar while you try to get a badge.

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Jet

January 2nd, 2018, 7:15 am #795

i hadn't thought much about what to do with skyla until kinda recently so i'm glad you like her so far!!!

I love the idea of her teaching jet to fly being her gym canons! not what i was going for but the thought is amazing XD

Jet

January 21st, 2018, 12:57 am #796

Woah! Hey! I won silver! : D Thank you everyone for voting and I'm definitely gonna check out some of the winners that I haven't read yet. Hope I can keep making you laugh and cry this year and I look forward to where the story is going!

:V: :V: :V: :V: :V: :V: :V:

Jet

January 29th, 2018, 5:50 pm #797

[+] notes
I dont understand why these episode keep going so long, I cant even save the work files as photoshop files anymore. I hope it's at least more fun to read having scenes played out a bit more. I like the idea of HMs being actually taught rather then a cd that you put on the pokemon's head and it just magically downloads the power XD although that is hilarious. I remember that episode in the anime where Ash tries to fly on Charazard and the poor guy cant even get off the ground so he ends up running all the way to the valley with Ash on his back.

eworm

January 29th, 2018, 7:50 pm #798

Jet.
Real talk.
You were born into this world to create cartoons.
Even if you just made storyboards or something, it would result in a stunning visual marvelpiece. Reading this comic I literally forget I'm looking at still images. The poses, the expressions, the layout, the angles, it all screams animation and what gorgeous animation it is! You put professional stuff that's out there - even the good stuff - to shame with this, especially considering you also know how to create characters, environments, stories and jokes that fit your style perfectly. I know I might be putting some pressure on, but I don't care, this is the best storytelling-art I've seen and I can hardly believe you're not at the top of the industry. Seek out the job, girl. You would kill it.

Or not, it's a comment on the Internet, maybe don't shape your entire life after it. But I mean every word.

I don't mind how long the episodes get or how slow the in-game story moves along. You shouldn't either. This is all pure gold.

Skyla is lovable (makes me think of Yoko from Gurren Lagann here, I guess Jet is fairly Simon-esque in her insecurity), Firedog grows into a surprisingly paternal figure ("bad dad" to Sir Francis's "good dad"?), even Major is getting some development - though he keeps to his "barely there" style in how he finishes the Gym Leader's ace completely off-screen, I like that. And Lil'Dog got brought back for a hot minute, how awesome!

A violent "YOU THINK?!" would make a fun catch phrase for Jet. She deals with a lot of stuff that would warrant using it, let's be honest.

Jet

January 29th, 2018, 8:08 pm #799

thanks eworm, that's very kind of you to say! it's very encouraging! ;w;

oh dear, i'm not sure what to do, everyone seems to think the swanna at the end was skyla's, but it's just a random one. the reason it fell out of the sky will be shown later. oh dear. i guess i'll fix it to make it more clear tonight. i could either add major back into the scenes or have skyla's swanna stick around. or both? tho i feel like it would crowd the page. i dunno, i'll try to think of something...

I love the idea of jet having a catchphrase like that XD i didnt even realize i put it in twice until you mentioned it haha

deeforty-five

February 2nd, 2018, 4:05 pm #800

SKYLA YOU NEED TO CHILL

Seriously, I love what you've done with the character--not just the design (flight jacket and long hair ftw) but also her characterization! Good to see her getting out of that rut. And that poor little guy scared for his life as he's falling--I want to have pity, but a big part of me is laughing xD

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler