Forum rules
This subforum is for screenshot runs and written logs. If you're recounting events through a story, that goes in the Written Story Runs subforum - "written log" just refers to a direct log of what's happening.

Good luck on your journeys!

Isabelle's AlphaSapphire Story

SayleeK
Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym

July 2nd, 2015, 10:11 pm #1

Because the fabulous Key-chan is a terrible influence on me, I'm doing an AlphaSapphire nuzlocke--it's in the same universe as my other stories and actually takes place at the same time as Calamity Calls, BUT it follows a protagonist who has nothing to do with the protagonists of those stories, so it won't be 100% necessary to read them to understand Isabelle's world (I think...). Isabelle and Shrunk the Mudkip won't be getting involved in the Magma/Aqua A plot, but that doesn't mean that they don't have a difficult journey ahead of them...
[+] Rules

1. Catch only the first Pokemon you encounter on each route.
1.1. No dupes. After three tries, you get nothing. This extends along evolutionary lines.
1.2. Shiny Pokemon are exempt from catching rules.
1.3. Gift Pokemon count as that area's encounter.

2. Nickname all Pokemon.

3. If a Pokemon faints, it is dead. Box it and never use it again.

4. The experience share may not be used (because the Gen VI exp share is SO BROKEN)
4.1. Pokemon-amie also may not be used.
[+] Table of contents
Part 1--Starting Out (below)
Part 2--Stumbling
Part 3--False Start
Part 4--Lurching
Part 5--Limping
Part 6--Treading Lightly
Part 7--Fluttering
Part 8--Cowering
Part 9--Falling
Part 10--Skipping
Part 11--Looking Back
Part 12--Dragging
Part 13--Sneaking
Because I'm trying to keep this project light on time investment (I have NO TIME IN MY LIFE WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MYSELF), at the moment I'm hoping to get an update once a week but no promises, and the run will also be communicated as much as possible through Isabelle's snapchats and texts to her best friend, younger brother and mother, a style inspired by the infinitely superior Xeno: Letters From Hoenn which you should most definitely check out.

Anyhoodle... why WAS there only a Treecko and Torchic in Professor Birch's bag when Saylee and Key came across him in chapter 1 of Calamity Calls...?
[+] 1: Starting out

{}

Name: Shrunk. Species: Mudkip. Nature: Docile. Ability: Torrent. Location: Oldale Town. Level: 5.
Name: K. K. Slider. Species: Poochyena. Nature: Lonely. Ability: Quick Feet. Location: Route 1-1. Level: 5. .
Name: Lolly. Species: Zigzagoon. Nature: Modest. Ability: Gluttony. Location: Route 103. Level: 3.

{}

Name: Leila. Species: Lotad. Nature: Rash. Ability: Rain Dish. Location: Route 102. Level: 5.

wedward45
Conqueror of the Dewford Gym

July 3rd, 2015, 2:23 am #2

Something to tide us over until Dimensional Destruction? Nice of you.

“This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.”
"Cunning can do duty for thought up to a point. And then you die."
-Havelock Vetinari

JollyJosh

July 4th, 2015, 1:24 am #3

Interesting, I must say. And the pictures are also quite funny. I will be following this!
What-MeeM- did I ever do to-MeeM- you?
[+] Spoiler

Update 24/6 with 12 episodes!
Thanks to Shiny Dustox for the banner![/center]
Shinermaun's Revenge: A HG Gijinka comic
(Updates Thursdays!)

And BTW, I use This site For getting my 'mon's sprites and This site for the humans. And yep, probably This site for the new guys. And this is where I get my wierd fusion avatars.
[+] Spoiler
Battle 1, Battle 2, Battle 3, Battle 4, Battle 5

TheWookieeRascal
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym

July 5th, 2015, 12:37 am #4

This looks.. Interesting. It's a written log run while texting and sorts. And funny :xd: Keep up the awesome work!
Current Run

[+] Spoiler
Tony All-Bran CheeriosChexBoo Berry

SayleeK

July 5th, 2015, 7:22 pm #5

[+] replies
@wedward45: Well, the Sunday oneshots were intended to be something to tide readers over until Dimensional Destruction, but then this just happened XD If you need a little something more... the fabulous Key-chan is also writing a story called Deliverance which, unlike this, is VERY CRUCIAL to Dimensional Destruction. Aside from that, you should read it simply because it's written by the fabulous Key-chan who continually inspires me to do cruel, heartless and strange things and writes the BEST snark.

"The worst thing you can do is nothing."

@JollyJosh: Thank you! Glad you think so!

@TheWookieRascal: Thanks! :D
Time to strain my ability to use this medium to convey emotions
[+] 2: Stumbling

{}

{}

{}

{}

Name: Twirp. Species: Taillow. Nature: Naughty. Ability: Guts. Location: Route 104. Level: 5.

wedward45

July 5th, 2015, 7:57 pm #6

Isabel's mom sounds like a wonderful, caring woman.

“Speak softly and employ a huge man with a crowbar.” (come to think of it, that one could apply to the very concept of Pokemon training)
-Havelock Vetinari

SayleeK

July 9th, 2015, 3:16 pm #7

Does anybody know a decent fake snapchat generator? I've been using Snapsr.com so far, but for some reason it's had a glitch or a tantrum or something and I'm just getting error messages when I try to use it.

@Wedward45: what do you think the pokeverse equivalent of Tiger Moms are? Arcanine Moms?

"It was a pamphlet. It was headed 'From the Mothers of Borogravia!!" The mother of Borogravia were very definite about wanting to send their sons off to war Against the Zlobenian Aggressor!! and used a great many exclamation points to say so."
[+] 3: False Start

{}

Name: Blathers. Species: Cascoon. Nature: Relaxed.Ability: Shield Dust.Location: Petalburg Woods. Level: 6.

{}

{}

{}

{}

wedward45

July 9th, 2015, 3:32 pm #8

None shall escape the bowties!

"I have no use for people who have learned the limits of the possible."
-Havelock Vetinari

SayleeK

July 16th, 2015, 7:55 pm #9

And then I realized that prntscr is the solution to all of my problems.

@Wedward45: I'd like to do more with the appearance of the Pokemon in the snapchats, but my image editing software genuinely just amounts to Paint ^_^;

"Don't ask me how I knew--I suppose it was because it was just about the worst possible thing that was likely to happen."
[+] 4: Lurching

Name: Celeste. Species: Nincada. Nature: Relaxed. Ability: Compound Eyes. Location: Route 116. Level: 6.

{}

{}

{}

{}

{}

{}

wedward45

July 23rd, 2015, 8:11 pm #11

Wow, you do not have good luck with the Poochyena line.

“It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”
-Havelock Vetinari

SayleeK

July 30th, 2015, 6:05 pm #12

@wedward45: well, I guess it's not a bad thing that I'm not going to end up using all the same Pokemon as I did in my Emerald nuzlocke... I guess it's specifically I have bad luck with that one bloody thief >_>

"Death isn't cruel--merely terribly, terribly good at his job."
[+] 6: Treading Lightly

{}

{}

{}

{}

Name: Ace. Species: Zubat. Nature: Careful. Ability: Inner Focus. Location: Granite Cave. Level: 12.

wedward45

July 30th, 2015, 9:57 pm #13

I somehow knew Isabella would start fangirling if she ever met Steven.

“Albert grunted. "Do you know what happens to lads who ask too many questions?"
Mort thought for a moment.
"No," he said eventually, "what?"
There was silence.
Then Albert straightened up and said, "Damned if I know. Probably they get answers, and serve 'em right.”
-Havelock Vetinari

SayleeK

August 6th, 2015, 4:39 pm #14

@Wedward45: who wouldn't? Well, aside from folk who aren't attracted to guys. Maybe even some of them. HE'S SO GODDAMN PRETTY IN ORAS.

"The stories never said why she was wicked. It was enough to be an old woman, enough to be all alone, enough to look strange because you have no teeth. It was enough to be called a witch. If if came to that, the book never gave you the evidence of anything. It talked about 'a handsome prince'... was he really, or was it just because he was a prince that people called handsome? As for 'a girl who was as beautiful as the day was long'... well, which day? In midwinter it hardly ever got light! The stories don't want you to think, they just wanted you to believe what you were told..."
[+] 7: Fluttering

{}

{}

{}

wedward45

August 6th, 2015, 8:01 pm #15

Unless you're a Nuzlocker, you never ever give the Zubat line enough credit.

“If you don't turn your life into a story, you just become a part of someone else's story.”
-Havelock Vetinari

Nafram
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

August 13th, 2015, 12:04 am #16

you know, at first I wasn't sure about the whole "Messagelocke" aproach, but you make it fun to read

SayleeK

August 13th, 2015, 4:18 pm #17

@wedward45: I never would've used a Zubat before I nuzlocked and had to and OH MY GOD THEY'RE ACTUALLY AWESOME! Especially Crobat... who knew, eh?

"It was hard enough to kill a vampire. You could stake them down and turn them into dust and ten years later someone drops a drop of blood in the wrong place and guess who's back? They returned more times than raw broccoli."

@Nafram: I wasn't sure about it at first either, but it's been fun to experiment with the format and I'm glad you're enjoying reading it--I guess that means it's working!
[+] 8:Cowering

{}

{}

{}

{}

Nafram

August 13th, 2015, 4:57 pm #18

Please tell me Isabelle is going to break her mom in a Pokemon battle, please!!!!!!!' Or alternatively, just show me, that would be cool too

Hazard
Indigo League Champion
Indigo League Champion

August 18th, 2015, 3:44 pm #19

What if there was a TV series called "Gym Moms" - like "Dance Moms", but with Pokemon Gyms...
Also I thought Ace was a Zubat...?

Really like how this run is turning out, and the story too!
[+] Spoiler
Current Runs

An Omega Ruby Toughlocke Challenge
[UCL] Sages and Mages

[♥]Damn it, Ultra Moon-Moon!
[+] Spoiler
Ghost in the Seashell

A Ghost Monolocke through Alola
[+] Spoiler

Name: Ulfric
Adopt one yourself! @Pok?mon Orphanage
Friend code of friendliness!
1865-2334-9458

wedward45

August 19th, 2015, 1:36 am #20

I'm guessing mom's gonna replace Brendan in the battle on route 110?

“Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages, and just scream in another forty-four.”
-Havelock Vetinari