Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a comic run that will not reach a conclusion for whatever reason, please PM a
, and they'll move the thread here for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!

[INACTIVE]Sons of Three: The Second Son

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

January 21st, 2012, 6:57 pm #1

Cover Art by Kynim
[+] Welcome! A Few Opening Comments
Hello Everyone! Welcome to Sons of Three: The Second Son, a written Nuzloke of Pokémon Emerald, a sequel to Sons of Three: Eldest. WAIT! Don't leave! Don't click back! Stay here for just a few seconds. If you read this run, I promise you will be throughly entertained. This is a complicated series with plot twists and shocks that will make your eyes pop out. People loved Eldest, and I have a feeling they are going to love The Second Son even more. So give it a chance.

What is that you say? You didn't read Eldest and don't feel like reading a 500-page story just to catch up? DON'T GO YET! There are plot summaries available for Eldest so new readers can catch up quicker. They are long, but the plot summaries are much shorter than the actual story. There are three different reference post. New readers should read all three to catch up. Old readers should just read the third reference post. The first post summarizes Parts 1-5, the second post summarizes Parts 6-10, and the third post is sort of a glossary of terms that come up in the Sons of Three universe. Links below:

Reference Page 1: Summaries for Parts 1-5
Reference Page 2: Summaries for Parts 6-10
Glossary and Terms and Family Trees

Again, I recommend new readers read all three and old readers read the Glossary and Terms and Family Tree post.

So, with that out of the way, welcome! This new run has some new exciting features. It will be divided only into four parts instead of ten. Each part will have a title that is fitting and plot relevant. There will also be a series of extras. I won't say what the extras are yet, but you'll see soon enough. My last run had a name theme, but this time around I did not follow any name scheme, because keeping to a name scheme can be frustrated and complicated.

Please! Leave me a comment if you follow. If you don't have an account here, making one is easy and free. I love reading comments and speculations, they are really the reason I do this. There are supposed to be two more runs that follow this one, so I am really going to need help getting there. I will love every one of you who comment forever.
[+] Trailer
[+] Rules
1.Faint=Dead
2.Only First Mon Per Route can be caught.
3.Shiny Clause is in effect.
4.No Healing Items allowed.
5.No more than 6 Pokémon at a time.
6.Cannon catch a Pokémon previously owned. If first Pokémon is a dupe, then chance to catch a Pokémon is missed out on the route.
7.Beat Steven to Win Game.
8.Gym Leader Clause – Must fight gym leader with equal number of Pokémon that gym leaders have. For example, Roxanne has three Pokémon, therefore I can only battle her with three Pokémon on my team. Everyone else is boxed until the battle is over.
9.Each Safari Zone area counts as its own area.
[+] Disclaimer
First of all, this only applies to a select few number of people.

I appreciate offers to copy edit my chapters. I really do. Really. But, I don't have time for it. I am sorry, but having an editor means I need to send them a chapter and then wait for edits and then go over edits. Even if that only takes fifteen minutes, that is more time putting into this than I want to or can afford to.

I assure you all, I know my chapter updates are riddled with poor grammar and spelling mistakes. The chapters you read are literally off the cusp. I take the time to read over each chapter ONCE. And that read over is mostly to check for plot points and make sure everything flows. I make sure my characters are acting like they should act. The only times I've scrapped a chapter and started over was because I felt like the chapter didn't fit into the plot. I don't take the time to edit because I don't have time. I work a full time job, have a relatively busy social life and I am a full-time college student.

I have no problem taking harsh criticism. I know some people have trouble containing criticism when the spot grammatical errors, spelling mistakes or poor writing. If you need to criticize though, criticize the work, not me. This is a poor example of my writing abilities. I haven't made a B on a college paper yet. I make an A every time. Hell, I make A's writing about books I didn't even take the time to read. So, I know how to write. When something is for a grade or something is getting published in my college paper, I take the time to review it and edit it pretty extensively. I rip apart every paper I write with a few rounds of edits - I basically rewrite everything a few times. My friends don't come to me for edits more than once, because I edit their stuff too harsh. And when I need a tough editor, I have a friend I always go to and he has no probably ripping something apart for me with his red pen so I have to put it back together. And I never hesitate to go to him when I need it. I work for my college paper, and my articles are critiqued critically by an advisor who was a journalist for 40+ years on a daily basis. I have tough skin, and I have no problem taking it.

But this is Pokémon fanfiction. I love it, and it is as fun as hell, but I don't have the time to devote the same amount of energy to something that is not getting graded. I am not going to improve probably. Critique my plot or critique my character development. I'd LOVE to hear critiques about that in great detail. But critiquing my writing style? Sorry, but you may be wasting your time.

With that being said, calling my writing shit is not harsh criticism, it's rude. So if you want to do that, and you can't contain yourself, have the guts to send me a private message. Don't you dare use this thread as your personal bitch box.

If you have a problem with any of this, please send me a private message to discuss it. I don't want to talk about this any more in this thread, I want this to be a thread where people discuss Sons of Three and predictions for what happens next. This is not the place to discuss what constitutes constructive criticism. Take that elsewhere please. If the mods have any problem with this, then just delete it for Christ's sake. But I think I am perfectly within my own right to defend myself from comments that are just rude. Furthermore, I am trying to close the matter for good, for once and for all. I'll be including a copy of this on first page of the thread, hopefully to discourage future problems.

So, please don't respond to this in the thread. Please. I want the discussion to end here. "Then why say anything at all" you say? Because I'm hoping it will end it. Again, if you feel the absolute need to respond, feel free to send me a message.
[+] Table of Contents

PART ONE: THE LEGEND OF THE FIVE

Preface

Chapter One: The Stranger in Town

Chapter Two: The Ex-Champion

Chapter Three: Blood

Extra #001

Chapter Four: New Friends

Extra #002:

Chapter Five: The Man with the Sunglasses

Extra #003

Extra #004

Chapter Six: The Perils of Team Aqua

Chapter Seven: Rustboro City

Extra #005
[+] Coming Soon
Chapter Eight: vs. Roxanne
Chapter Nine: Thievery
Extra #006
Chapter Ten: New Plans

Please note that all dates are subject to change due to the hell that is working two jobs in college

SwagginSkitty
Conqueror of the Mauville Gym

January 21st, 2012, 7:03 pm #2

EEEEE

I'm not much of a story run kind of person, but I absolutely LOVED your other ones, so I will lurk follow this from the beginning! Good luck! :D
CURRENTLY: Trying to figure out how the hell to patch Sacred Gold on a Macbook SERIOUSLY HELP IM DUMB YO
[+] Spoiler

Completed Runs: Pokemon Emerald, 12 deaths
Pokemon LeafGreen, 10 deaths
CAPSLOCKE #2: SCORCHED EARTH,10 DEATHS
CAPSLOCKE #3: ALTERNATE EVOLUTIONS, 14 DEATHS
CAPSLOCKE #4: SWAGGINSAPPHIRE, 17 DEATHS
Undoccumented Black Random Run aka EMPOLEON IS FUCKING BRO TIER, 20 deaths

8 deaths

Failed Runs: SWAGGINSAPPHIRE CAPSLOCKE, SAVE FILE CORRUPTED WHILE I WAS AT 19 DEATHS
Pokemon Reborn, wiped to Serra's BULLSHIT at 17 Deaths

Destiny
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym

January 21st, 2012, 9:31 pm #3

I'm so psyched for this! Currently contemplating every little word >.> hrmmmm xD

Hawkfire
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

January 22nd, 2012, 12:25 am #4

Hell yes! I loved your first one, and this one will probably be even better. And Chris is replacing Wally? Interesting...

bluebulbasaur001

January 22nd, 2012, 4:32 pm #5

Yes! I loved reading your other story. I can't wait to see how this Hoenn version turns out.

SingingTVZubat
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym

January 22nd, 2012, 4:51 pm #6

Yes! The new Sons of Three story is here!
I do have one question right now though: Are you applying the Gym Leader Clause to the Elite Four?

LeafiaDream
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

January 22nd, 2012, 5:02 pm #7

I saw the cover on Ky-nim's dA a while ago and got really psyched about it~ ^^

Love Wallace already. Honestly, I can't wait to see more of him. <3
Hello...pleased to make your acquaintance.

I can come off as rude, but I promise, I don't mean to be.

If I comment on what you say, it means you're worth commenting on, so please, don't be too offended!

Bladewing
Derp
Derp

January 22nd, 2012, 5:41 pm #8

Wow a gritty wallace?! I really can't expect mundane things from you <3 Nice preface so the prefaces will be centered around Iris now? Well anyways a fantastic start to a bound to be epic story!

Gambit508

January 22nd, 2012, 8:50 pm #9

Ooh, this shall be interesting. I quite liked the first one, and I like this one so far too. Wallace is awesome, I too hope to see more of him.

Psyche
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

January 22nd, 2012, 11:19 pm #10

Quite psyched for this. Fabulously cruel Wallace? More Iris? Girls sneaking around with knives? Yesss.
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

Kelsi
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym

January 22nd, 2012, 11:52 pm #11

WAIT, HOLD THE PHONE

OAK FAMILY TREE

IMPLYING THAT WILLIAM HAS A SIBLING.

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

Actually though, when? I don't remember finding out about Janine having another child.
[+] Spoiler
>INB4 THE REAL SECOND SON
But actually, this is great so far. Dude with the crown in the stained glass window is definitely N. I think the other two might be those princes of legend who controlled Reshiram and Zekrom. Although if one is female, that might be wrong. I'm definitely interested to see how you tie Unova into this.

I'd make more predictions, but knowing you and what you've said so far about this run, you're probably going to mindfuck us all so badly that nothing anyone thinks is going to happen will actually happen.

I can't wait.

Mudswat

January 23rd, 2012, 4:43 am #12

HO-LY CRAP.

Just read your first one, and I saw Ky-nim's cover she posted on her DA and went ballistic.

Tote's following to the end. :D

Orionire
Derp
Derp

January 24th, 2012, 4:23 pm #13

One of the windows is geistis from black and white... Or at least his ancestor

Lethe
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym

January 24th, 2012, 9:23 pm #14

Hi! New person here.

I really liked Sons of Three Part 1 (stayed up all night reading it -_-) so I wanted to try commenting this one from start to finish.

Had my doubts about written Nuzlocke runs at first, but yours won me over -- it has a ludicrously intricate plot, and if there's one thing Pokemon has always lacked, it's a ludicrously intricate plot.

Following! :smile:
It seems like some bug in the forums changed my type from Water to Steel. I am totally cool with this.
[+] Spoiler

TrainerBOB

January 25th, 2012, 6:34 pm #15

I am moving the preface of part 1 to this post so the table of contents can contain only links.

Previous Run:>Sons of Three: Eldest
PART ONE: THE LEGEND OF THE FIVE
[+] Preface
Preface
Norman Larrow was sitting behind his desk in his office of the Petalburg Gym. His office was almost entirely bare. He had nothing in there except for his desk, which was empty except for a few papers and pens. He did not have any pictures of his family. He had been divorced from his wife for a little over 15 years now, and he had never grown close to his son. Instead of picture frames, the papers that scattered Norman’s desk were mostly official documents that any gym leader would have, with the exception of a newspaper that was still folded.

The newspaper’s told headline read: “KANTO – END OF A DARK AGE?” Beneath the headline was a small nut graph that said: “Three weeks after William Oak defeats his uncle, an emergency election is to be held in Kanto that will, as Champion Bruno says, “finally rid the region of its corruption.”” Norman had not given the newspaper more than a glance yet. It was mostly news of Kanto, and while that was important, the far off region’s newest scandal was not of much concern for the Hoenn Gym Leader.

Instead, at that moment, Norman was reading a letter that had been sent to all gym leaders that morning. It bore the official seal of the Pokémon league, so Norman knew it was important and pressing. He was, however, frowning at the contents. It read as such:

To the respected Gym Leaders of Hoenn,

In the past few years, the Pokémon Hoenn Elite Four have seen an influx of challengers at the falls of Ever Grande City. Time and time again, we have destroyed trainers who were not ready for the trials that faced them. We, of the Elite Four, are a supreme rank of Pokémon skill. No ordinary trainer should be able to challenge us.

But, in the past years, it seems ordinary trainers have not had much difficulty collecting all eight badges and challenging us truly. Of these trainers, few have succeeded in making it very far into the Elite 4, as is recognized by the little change that have gone into our ranks. With the exception of Sidney, who joined us five years ago, and Phoebe, who joined us three years ago, the Elite 4 has been unchanged by the influx of trainers at our doors.

Therefore, it is time for a change.

From this point on, all Gyms will be expected to uphold a new rule in their gym battles. Challengers at gyms may only use the same number of Pokémon a gym leader is restricted to use. Challengers are no longer allowed to use up to six Pokémon.

Also, after reviewing statistics, I have stumbled upon what seems to be a misconception. I do hope you all realize that it is not illegal to kill your challenger’s Pokémon. Casualties in gym battles have dropped to a pathetic five percent as of lately, and those are usually identified as an accident or as poor handling on the challengers part. Some may see killing the Pokémon of those who you battle with wrong. They say it is not honorable. But ask yourself my dearest gym leaders – what century are we in? The time for honor is over.

Gym leaders will be expected to battle with full force, and throw out considerations of honor. If you have a chance to kill a Pokémon then I, your Champion, expect you to take it. If you have the ability to win a battle by using a crude, cruel method, then I expect you to take it.

I expect to see winning rates to rise. I expect to see casualties in gym battles to go up.

Within the next week, crews will be sent to every gym. These crews will install cameras in the gyms so a special team of researchers can analyze battles. Gym leaders who seem to go easy or show no improvement despite this letter will be fired and replaced by trainers who are willing to really fight.

I regret that such force is necessary, but I do not wish the Pokémon Hoenn League Challenge to fall behind other Pokémon Leagues. We are currently ranked third place out of the five recognized leagues, with us beating out only Johto and Kanto. I wished for us to ascend to the top, and bring great glory to the Hoenn League.

With the highest regards of respect, I bid you adieu gym leaders.

Sincerely, your Champion,
Wallace Fontaine

The signature was extravagant. It was as large as the longest paragraph of the page, and it had been signed in golden ink. It slanted and was written in cursive writing that had so many loops and squiggles that Norman would not have recognized it had he not seen it before.

The gym leader sighed as he put the paper down on his desk. What the champion was asking was disgusting, but Norman would have no choice but take part in it. After all, he was not trained for any other job, nor did he wish to do another job. He continued to wish to make a living as well. Norman stood up, the chair creaking against the wooden floor as he rose. He stretched, and snatched a few Pokeballs off his desk. There were no reports from other gym leaders of any upcoming challengers, so he might as well take the day to train his Pokémon with his gym trainers.

------------------------------------

Many miles away and almost twelve hours later, a girl who was wearing a black full body suit was walking carefully through the dark. She was short, less then five feet tall, and moved almost entirely silently. Her black full body suit covered her from the toes of her feet up to her neck. It stopped short at her forearms, allowing the rest of her arm and her hands to move freely through the air. Her head from the nose up was covered with a mask of identical material to the suit. She was also exposed from the lower part of her neck up to her nostrils, but there were no distinguishing moles of blemishes in that area that anyone could have used to identify her. A belt was strapped around her waist, where a series of different tools hung off.

She was on Route 114 of Hoenn, and she moved every step exactly how she intended it. She did not want to alert those she was sneaking up to of her presence, after all. And she was good. As she snuck up to the small camp, those who squatted around the fire did not hear. She was very good.

She was close enough to the camp site now that she could see who were sitting there. Four people. Three males. One female. All of them were dressed in red uniforms.

Easy enough.

The girl smiled. She unhooked a knife from her belt with one hand and a Pokeball with another and she thought to herself, Let’s see if any of you all know anything

------------------------------

Iris was sitting on the bottom of a staircase, rocking a newly born Axew in her hands. The girl had long black hair that was curly, and skin of a dark tone. Her clothes were colorful and exotic. She was in a dark building, which was alit not by electricity but by candles. The stairs she sat on led up to three beautiful mosaic windows, which could be seen thanks to the moonlight. The Axew’s eyes were barely open, and the dragon-type Pokémon was smiling, as Iris rocked him back and forth and sung him a lullaby. She sang the song softly, with a slight smile on her lips, but a deep sense of melancholy in her tone.

“Little one, oh little one,
So far from home sweet little one.
But do not fret. Do not fear.
Little one, oh sweet little one.

Left to your own by your father,
And abandoned by your dead mother
Little one, oh little one,
Do not cry sweet little one.

Paths of greatness paved before you,
Save the world, sweet little one,
Save yourself, save your heart.
Oh sweet, oh sweet little one.”

Iris then stood up, and looked behind her to the beautiful mosaic windows. She continued to rock the Axew as she sang, but she was no longer looking at the Pokémon. She slowly ascended up the steps heading to the window, her eyes wide as she gazed up at the masterpieces of art.

There were three windows. Two were art displays of men, one of a woman. The first man, on to the right, was dressed in majestic robes. The robes were split into two colors, one side purple and the other side yellow. He also had long light-green hair that flowed down past his neck. The man’s eyes glowed a dark yellow.

The window on the far left had a man who wore a crown on his head. He was broad shoulder, and wore a long sword on his hip. He wore a steel breast plate, and a majestic red cape draped down from his shoulders. His eyes glowed an intense red.

And in the window in the center there was a girl. She was tall, thin and elegant. She wore a beautiful dress that was a purple gown. It appeared that she was looking down at the viewer.

And her eyes glowed a soft blue, like ice.

“Every blade of grass,
Every spin of wind,
Every little thing,
Has its role to play.

So don’t feel sad,
Oh sweet little one.
You are important, in someway,
Oh sweet little one.

Little one, oh little one.
Do not cry, please little one
You are loved, you are adored,
Do not cry, sweet little one.“

The Axew had fallen asleep, and Iris bent her head down from the windows and she kissed the Pokémon lightly on his nose. She turned around, and then became aware for the first time that she was being watched.

Drayden was standing in the center of the dark building, watching Iris carefully. The dragon-master was tall, with a skin tone that wasn’t as dark as Iris but still was tan. His hair was white, and he had a magnificent beard that blended in with his moustache. His eyebrows were bushy and large, and made quite the impression. He wore purple gloves that were currently stained with blood due to the recent birth he had just delivered. His white shirt was aliened with gray lines, and he wore purple suspenders.

Drayden cocked a single eyebrow at Irsi, and he asked in his gruff voice:

“How fares the newborn?”

“Fine,” Iris said, stepping down the steps, her voice sweet. “He is asleep now, but he’ll have to be watched carefully. Without a mother to nurture him, he might not make it.”

“I’ll be sure to have my best breeders watching him,” Drayden said as Iris reached him and handed him the Pokémon.

“Thank you father.”

Drayden turned to walked away, but Iris stopped him when she said:

“I’ll be leaving Unova for a time again. I’ll trust you will watch the gym?”

Drayden turned back around, and he looked at his daughter, a slight frown on his face. She was looking at him with the simplistic of looks, but he knew a current of emotions and thoughts ran through her.

“Has Richard called you again?”

“No,” she said. “I have personal matters I wish to attend to in Kanto.”

“I take it you will end up in Hoenn then?” Drayden said, frowning more now.

“Well, I would think so.”

“Be careful Iris,” Drayden said, his voice rough.

“The descendant of Gaiden is of no concern to me,” Iris said, one of her fingers playing with one of her black curls.

“I wasn’t referring to him,” Drayden said. “I’m talking about her. She is still out there, and even Richard doesn’t know what she is planning.”

Iris bowed her head, her expression dark and filled with concern at Drayden’s mention of…her.

“That’s exactly why I need to go to Kanto,” Iris said. “I must keep a close watch on William. Arceus only knows what happens if she goes after him.”

“I’m more worried about what would happen if she got your hands on you Iris,” Drayden said. “If she found a way to channel your power, she would have no limitations.”

Iris bit her lip, and looked back behind her to the mosaic windows. Above them were words that hung in gold lettering. They read: We honor them, despite their betrayals and failure. We honor them for what they suffered.

“Just be careful Iris, and don’t forget about her.”

Drayden turned and walked away, leaving the building, carrying the sleeping Axew with him. It was several minutes after Drayden left when Iris finally whispered softly to herself:

“Don’t worry…I will never forget about her.”

[+] GAME NOTES
NONE.

And now for replies! :D
[+] Replies
Goodness! So many comments! Thank you guys, I love y'all so much. <3 <3 <3 <3
SwagginSkitty wrote:EEEEE

I'm not much of a story run kind of person, but I absolutely LOVED your other ones, so I will lurk follow this from the beginning! Good luck! :D
Yay! Thanks SwagginSkitty! :) I hope you get a chance to comment occasionally.
Pillowcase wrote:Oh, I am looking forward to this so very much. There's so much complication already in this first part, and so much information...

Wallace's a douchebag already. Norman seems to be a Professor Oak-like character... And those persons in the windows, they're important. I know this from having read Eldest. I've got my suspicions about who they are (one is N, definitely) - but I won't tell you who I think the others are 'cause I wanna be a jerk about that.

Def looking forward to the next part.
Thanks Pillowcase! And yes, the people in the windows are EXTREMELY important - not just to this run specifically but to the series as a whole. I will say that every tiny detail is CRUCIAL. ;)
Destiny wrote:I'm so psyched for this! Currently contemplating every little word >.> hrmmmm xD
Haha, thanks Destiny! I will say that every word is important ;)
Hawkfire wrote:Hell yes! I loved your first one, and this one will probably be even better. And Chris is replacing Wally? Interesting...
Thanks Hawkfire! And yes, that is correct, Chris will play the role as Wally in this run. I think readers will actually see even more of Chris in this run then they did in Eldest.
bluebulbasaur001 wrote:Yes! I loved reading your other story. I can't wait to see how this Hoenn version turns out.
Thanks bluebulbasaur! I think everyone is in for a few surprises with this run! ;)
SingingTVZubat wrote:Yes! The new Sons of Three story is here!
I do have one question right now though: Are you applying the Gym Leader Clause to the Elite Four?
Thanks Zubat!
And no, the gym leader clause will only apply to the eight gym leaders. I can use up to six Pokémon against all the Elite 4 members. I figured only allowing myself to walk into the E4 with five Pokémon would be suicide XD, show I make it to them that is... ;)
LeafiaDream wrote:I saw the cover on Ky-nim's dA a while ago and got really psyched about it~ ^^

Love Wallace already. Honestly, I can't wait to see more of him. <3
Thanks Leafia! And Wallace will prove to be...interesting I think ;)
Bladewing wrote:Wow a gritty wallace?! I really can't expect mundane things from you <3 Nice preface so the prefaces will be centered around Iris now? Well anyways a fantastic start to a bound to be epic story!
Haha, thanks Bladewing! If anything I like to put forth interesting character interpretations! :D
Also, YES! That is a very insightful comment. Every Preface will be centered on Iris. She is slowly raising in the ranks of importance, and you all will be seeing much more of her in the future. This first Preface she had to share the spotlight with other characters, but future prefaces will be mostly about Iris. The next two prefaces will deal with her business in Kanto...and I'm sure you can all guess who she is going to see there... :wink:
Gambit508 wrote:Ooh, this shall be interesting. I quite liked the first one, and I like this one so far too. Wallace is awesome, I too hope to see more of him.
Thanks Gambit! :) Wallace has a few surprises in store for everyone I think...
Psyche wrote:Quite psyched for this. Fabulously cruel Wallace? More Iris? Girls sneaking around with knives? Yesss.
Thanks Psyche! :D <3
Kelsi wrote:WAIT, HOLD THE PHONE

OAK FAMILY TREE

IMPLYING THAT WILLIAM HAS A SIBLING.

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

Actually though, when? I don't remember finding out about Janine having another child.

But actually, this is great so far. Dude with the crown in the stained glass window is definitely N. I think the other two might be those princes of legend who controlled Reshiram and Zekrom. Although if one is female, that might be wrong. I'm definitely interested to see how you tie Unova into this.

I'd make more predictions, but knowing you and what you've said so far about this run, you're probably going to mindfuck us all so badly that nothing anyone thinks is going to happen will actually happen.

I can't wait.
Actually, yes, William Oak does have a sibling! It was mentioned once, a very long time ago, in a single chapter in Eldest. It can be found here: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum ... &t=8440611

However! I feel I should warn everyone something. There is nothing for sure about this sibling. Although this series is indeed called Sons of Three, NOTHING is set in stone with this sibling. I will eventually reveal the sibling, but that could be at any time. This run, the next run, or even the last run. Also, again, while this series is called Sons of Three, NOTHING is set in stone. Remember, Sons of Three actually has a true meaning that I have yet to be revealed. This sibling could be either male or female; you won't know till I choose to reveal it. I have planned out the rest of the series, so rest assured, I know who this child is. You all, however, will have to wait and see ;)

Also, another note on the family trees, I want to reiterate that for all you all might know, they might not be complete. They only have information you are aware of. There could be other children of the three Oak's who are not on the tree, simply because I may have not revealed their existence yet. Or maybe all the children have been revealed. Who knows ;)

Thanks for the comment Kelsi! I hope I do catch everyone by surprise a few times this run! ;)
Mudswat wrote:HO-LY CRAP.

Just read your first one, and I saw Ky-nim's cover she posted on her DA and went ballistic.

Tote's following to the end. :D
Yay! I hope you enjoy it!! <3
Orionire wrote:One of the windows is geistis from black and white... Or at least his ancestor
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
They do seem to share an interestingly similar preference in attire, don't they? ;)
Thanks for the comment Orionire! I hope you enjoy this run!! :)
Lethe wrote:Hi! New person here.

I really liked Sons of Three Part 1 (stayed up all night reading it -_-) so I wanted to try commenting this one from start to finish.

Had my doubts about written Nuzlocke runs at first, but yours won me over -- it has a ludicrously intricate plot, and if there's one thing Pokemon has always lacked, it's a ludicrously intricate plot.

Following!
Thanks so much Lethe!!! <3 I'm glad you enjoyed Eldest, and I hope to hear from you a lot as I write this one. I am always amazed and stunned and touched when someone tells me the read Eldest in one night, it's just soo long! Thank you again for your kind comment! <3
Again, thank you guys so much! I have never had so many comments on a single update before. I am so excited now! <3

Also, several of you commented on the cover, and I just want to give a big shout out to Kynim for drawing me something so beautiful. I commissioned her for it, and she did everything perfectly. Now, while we are on that note, let me tell you I was EXTREMELY specific in my requests. Facial expressions, positioning, details, everything. Even where certain people were looking. Kynim did everything exactly how I asked for it. Now let me tell you, there are already a few crucial clues in that cover alone. Specifically, I want to point out Scott.

There is no battle frontier in this run. I make no reference to it. In the Sons of Three world, the battle frontier does not exist. However, in this run I would place Scott as one of the top five most important characters. He will be playing a crucial role. There are several plot twists twirling around the man with the sunglasses.

And I challenge you to see any of them coming. :wink:

Next chapter coming this weekend! :)

red5

January 26th, 2012, 12:43 am #16

asvfgshdadjs--

--oh yes. This promises to be so good. An excellent introduction.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Seriously! Spoilers!
But my theory for the longest time is that the second son is William's sibling. Which will probably be the red herring and is completely and totally wrong. But I'm guessing it's not Charlie Oak.
Anyways! Your writing is top notch as usual and yes, I'm trying to file all these details in my mind already. Can't wait for the next one.

Orionire
Derp
Derp

January 26th, 2012, 12:57 am #17

I just realized I should have used the spoiler tab for my earlier post just in case... I can't wait for this to really get started... The first one was so good I couldn't sleep until I finished reading

TrainerBOB

January 26th, 2012, 2:11 am #18

[+] Replies
Pillowcase wrote:Waitwaitwait.

Oh dear.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Iris is gonna die this part, isn't she? As in, before Second Son ends? And there's still Drayden to fight then, afterwards, when you eventually get to Unova.
I can't comment on Iris's fate of course, but I am immensely curious to how you reached the conclusion that she is going to die? I would love to hear what set that thinking off - was it that Drayden is to watch over the gym while she is gone or something else?
Thanks for the speculation of course! <3
red5 wrote:asvfgshdadjs--

--oh yes. This promises to be so good. An excellent introduction.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Seriously! Spoilers!
But my theory for the longest time is that the second son is William's sibling. Which will probably be the red herring and is completely and totally wrong. But I'm guessing it's not Charlie Oak.
Anyways! Your writing is top notch as usual and yes, I'm trying to file all these details in my mind already. Can't wait for the next one.
Thank you red5! :) And you will see regarding your prediction...
Orionire wrote:I just realized I should have used the spoiler tab for my earlier post just in case... I can't wait for this to really get started... The first one was so good I couldn't sleep until I finished reading
Thanks Orionire!! <3 I'm glad you enjoyed the first one, I hope this one is as thrilling! :)
I told myself I wouldn't do it. I told myself I would wait till this weekend.
But I can't. I just have to post the new chapter now...these comments have been too numerous and kind to wait any longer <3

Previous update: >Part 1, Preface
[+] Chapter One: The Stranger in Town
In the tropical region of Hoenn, in the woods outside of Littleroot Town, Edmund Birch was walking, smiling as he walked easily through grass that rose to his knees. It was a beautiful day. The sky was blue and it was poke-dotted with small white clouds that reminded Edmund of marshmallows.

Edmund, or as he preferred to be called, Ed, was wearing shorts so that he could feel the prickly feeling of grass scratching against his bare skin. He wore a tattered plain white t-shirt. It was clean though; the t-shirt was ripped by design. Ed’s hair was black and spiky, rising up and pointing to the sky. His skin was slightly sun tanned into a peach color.

He was handsome, and he knew it. He had turned 15 a little over two months ago, but already he was known for being a passionate young man around town with the young ladies. What exactly he had done, and exactly how far he had gone, was largely discussed by the his peers, either with glee or disgust. Some say he had a threesome for his birthday, others said he had regular affairs with 18-year-olds. Ed smiled at the rumors, but he never confirmed any of them.

He turned around, and looked to the girl that was following him slowly and carefully. She was the new girl in town, having just moved into Littleroot three days ago. She was Professor Birch’s, Ed’s uncle, newest intern. Before she had moved into town, Ed had felt like there was no one who matched him looks wise. But then she came. His heart had skipped a beat when he first had laid eyes on her. Her beauty matched his – even Ed would concede that. She stood at almost five-foot-seven, and had long wavy brown hair that reached her shoulders.

Terra, the girl’s name, was walking through the grass carefully, peering her soft, green eyes down at the ground with each step she took. She was being entirely careful, and cautious, not trusting where Ed was leading her.

“Shouldn’t we be worrying about wild Pokémon,” she commented to Ed, her voice slightly frustrated. He chuckled at her. It had taken quite a bit of convincing to get her to come with him. He had promised her he would show her one of the most beautiful things she had ever seen, and she had raised her eyebrows skeptically.

Ever since she had moved to town three days ago Ed had been pursuing her intensely. He had never wanted a girl more in his entire life, and while that may have not been saying much considering he did not really start noticing girls until he was 13, it felt like a big deal to him. But she had resisted. She had frowned at him, and pretended completely disinterested. It wasn’t until Regina Birch (Ed’s aunt and Professor Birch’s wife) had encouraged her had she finally agreed to accompany Ed to the woods to see what he called “a natural painting of beauty.”

Ed was popular with the adults in the town. They all pitied him because his bastard-of-a-father had divorced his mother when he was just a month old. And not only that, but Ed was universally known throughout the town for his brilliance and genius. He made the highest marks in his classes. He aced every test. He had a certain flourish when he did a special project. Young Ed was a legend in Littleroot town. So, winning Regina Birch’s loyalty in his efforts to pursue Terra had been simple.

It was only Professor Birch who seemed to not like Ed. But whatever his reasons, the man kept them to himself, so Ed was not concerned.

Terra winced when she saw a Wurmple scurry beneath her feet, and Ed couldn’t help but roll his eyes. She glared angrily at him, and she said angrily:

“You know, I really don’t appreciate you dragging me into the wild like this,” she snapped. “Aren’t you concerned about wild Pokémon? You don’t even have something to defend ourselves with!”

“I’m not worried about the Pokémon,” Ed said, offering his hand out to her. “I got the magic touch. They aren’t going to bother us.”

Terra rolled her eyes herself, but she did it in good humor and she smiled slightly. She rejected Ed’s hand, walking past it and him while looking pointedly away, a sly smile on her face. She then started walking more easily among the grass, letting herself ease into the environment. Ed shook his head as she walked off, and he temporarily increased his pace to catch up to her.

“You should really let me lead,” Ed said as he caught up to her. “I am the one taking us there.”

“What is this place anyways?”

“You’ll see when we get there,” Ed said. “So, what is it like being Birch’s intern?”

“Well, I don’t really know yet,” she commented, “seeing as I just moved in to town three days a go I haven’t got to do much yet.”

“What did your parents think about you coming all the way to Littleroot, i.e. the middle of nowhere?” Ed asked with a slight sneer.

“I’m an orphan Ed,” Terra responded seriously. “So I actually don’t know.” Ed stopped in his tracks, taken back by the sudden statement. Terra stopped too and she cocked an eyebrow at him.

“What?” she asked.

“I’m sorry,” Ed said, genuine sincerity in his tone. “I didn’t know.”

Terra shrugged, and started walking off again. Ed walked quickly to catch up.

“It’s no big deal. I never really knew my parents – I was dropped off at an orphanage in Hoenn when I was merely a few weeks old. I know nothing about who my parents are,” Terra shrugged again as she rolled her head on to her side. “I mean, you just kind of get used to it. Your parents are divorced right?”

“Yeah,” Ed said, a certain hint of gloom in his tone.

“Do you wake up everyday and say: ‘Damnit, my parents are divorced!’, or do you just shrug and go on with life?”

“I guess shrugging works.”

Terra smiled slightly.

“That’s what I do too.”

They walked in silence for a few minutes, until they reached a cluster trees. Ed jumped over a wall of bushes, and he gestured Terra to do the same. He was expecting her to show some resistance, but she fearlessly leapt over them, clearing the wall of plants even higher than he had managed to.

“You got some jumps,” he said, surprised. She smiled at him, flashing him shiny white teeth.

“So really, what do you do as my uncle’s intern?” Ed asked, as he led her through the rough underground of the forest they were walking on.

“I spend three months working in his lab learning about Pokémon,” Terra said. “And then he sends me on a journey to see all of Hoenn. I get to do whatever I want, challenge gyms, compete in contests, maybe just catch Pokémon. Hell, maybe I’ll even challenge the Elite 4.”

“That sounds pretty sweet,” Ed commented.

“What about you Ed?” She asked. “Are you interested in becoming a Pokémon trainer?”

“Nah,” Ed said. “I don’t think it’s for me.”

“Why not?” Terra asked, surprised. “Your dad seems to be a pretty good gym leader.”

At the mention of his father though, Ed’s face turned sour.

“Yeah, and he’s the douche-bag that wants me to go and be a trainer.”

Terra winced – she had not realized the relationship between Ed and his father was so rough. They walked in silence for a few minutes, until finally they approached a thick thicket of branches, leaves, and bushes.

“It’s just past this,” Ed said, grinning slightly. “Do you hear it?”

Terra frowned slightly.

“Kind of…” she said. “It sounds like water.”

Ed pushed the branches aside, and he started wading through the thicket. This time, Terra had to take his hand so she would not lose it. She winced once when a thorn scratched her leg, but other than that she passed through the green harmlessly.

When the two emerged on the other side, she gasped in awe and amazement. They were standing on the rocks before a small waterfall, which was slightly shorter than ten feet long. The waterfall fell into a pond of water that was covered in leaves that grew from below. She spotted a Poochyena that was on the side of the pool of water. He looked peaceful and he was licking his paws.

Ed turned to her, and he grinned.

“So what do you say? Pretty huh?”

“It’s gorgeous Ed,” Terra said, unable to keep the awe out of her voice. “Thank you for showing me this.” She realized then that he was still holding her hand. She was going to break free but…

Then he leaned in suddenly and unexpectedly and he kissed her on the lips.

And the next thing Ed knew he was flying through the air until splash! he landed in the icy cold water of the pond. He remerged from the water after half a second, gasping as the chills ran down his spine.

Terra, who was still above on the rocks next to the waterfall, crossed her arms over her chest and she looked down at him frowning. She had shoved him off the rocks mere seconds after his lips had meant hers.

“You alright asshole?”

“Alright?” He asked her, his teeth clicking together. “It’s fuckin’ freezing in this pond!”

“You didn’t hit any rocks?” Terra asked, her voice as sharp as steel. “You know how to swim? You aren’t any danger of drowning are you?”

“No!” Ed snapped, still in the water as he swam to the side. “But its cold as-”

“Then your fine,” Terra said, as she turned away. “I’ll walk back to Littleroot alone, thank you very much.” And then she disappeared back into the wild bush, leaving Ed in the wild pond alone. He muttered curses as he pulled himself out of the water. His clothes were drenched, and water dripped off his body. He shivered as a soft breeze blew over him.

On the other side of the water, the Poochyena that had been there before was still there. He was breathing heavily, his mouth spread into a wide grin, and his eyes closed tight. Ed knew the dark-type Pokémon was laughing at him.

“What’s so funny?” Ed asked the wild-Pokémon. The Poochyena continued to laugh in his manner, eventually rolling onto his back, and allowing his tongue to roll out of his mouth. “Try not to choke.” Ed snapped, as he turned around and took off his shirt. He lengthen it out and he rolled it together, and then he squeezed it, trying to get all the water out.

“I think you may have moved too fast,” a voice behind Ed said. Ed turned around to look at the other side of the pond. No one was there with the exception of the Poochyena.

“Yeah,” Ed snapped back. “Will, if you have any suggestions, then please, give them to me now.”

The Poochyena sat on his hind legs.

And then the Poochyena spoke.

“Hey, if I want to mate, all I got to do is bark louder than the others,” the Poochyena said. “I don’t know why your species finds whispering to be so romantic. We find it quite the opposite.”

Ed showed no alarm at the Poochyena speaking, instead he continued to attempt to dry his shirt, as if hearing a Pokémon speak was something that was normal. The t-shirt still felt as damp as ever. Ed, sighed, giving up, and he laid it on the dry ground, hoping it would air dry in the sun. Then Ed laid on the ground himself, letting his feet fall into the natural pond.

“So what have you’ve been up to Karl?” Ed asked the Poochyena.

Ed had always been able to talk to Pokémon, and he had always been able to understood when they talked back. When he was younger, he would tell adults this, and they would shrug it off, assuming Ed was simply having imaginary friends. But when he was seven, he had told his father that the Pokémon of his father’s gym trainers felt they were treated too hard. His father had whipped him with his belt, telling Ed he needed to grow up and leave his ‘pathetic imaginary world’. Since then, Ed told no one he could understand Pokémon. After all, he did not want to end up in a mental institution for what could be insanity, nor did he wish to end up on the wrong side of his father’s belt again.

Ed had always wondered where his ability to speak Pokémon came from. He had wondered if it had been related to his unnatural high I.Q., but he knew plenty of people who were smart but never displayed this ability. Or if they did, they kept it to themselves. Ed knew his ability was one in a million, if not rarer. Someone who could legitimately talk to Pokémon was unheard of.

The strangest thing about Ed’s condition is how Pokémon reacted to the realization that Ed could talk and understand them. They were never surprised. It was like they just knew the instant they meant him he could. It was something that was natural to them. They rarely even commented on his odd ability.

“Oh, you know, the usual,” Karl, the Poochyena, said, shrugging. The usual consisted of eating berries for Karl. The Poochyena was relaxed and as Ed described him: ‘chilled’.

Ed nodded, and he laid his head back and took in the warmth of the sun. There was a splash, and Ed peeked out of his eyes to see Karl jumping into the water and swimming across the pond to Ed. He reached Ed and then he shook his fur violently. Ed moaned as more water was splashed on him, and he asked:

“Was that really necessary?”

Karl smirked, and then he laid down on the ground next to Ed.

“It seems needless to ask what you have been up to,” Karl said, yawning.

“Yeah, she’s the new girl in town,” Ed said. “My uncle’s newest intern.”

“She’s pretty.”

“Mhmmmm.”

“Are you going to mate with her?”

“Humans aren’t like Pokémon Karl,” Ed said, sighing. “We don’t seek someone out of the sole principal so they can bare our children.”

Karl shrugged again, and he started chewing a flower that was on the ground in front of him, and the two friends laid there in silence together for a while, enjoying each other’s company.

------------------------------------

Taylor Birch sipped at her coffee and she put it down gently. She was sitting in the kitchen of her brother’s home, talking with her sister in-law, Regina Birch. The kitchen was homely and pretty, as Professor Birch and his wife Regina were quite well off. Plates that were used for only decoration hung on the walls of the kitchen, and the table they sat at was made of fine mahogany wood. A small chandelier hung above them, and it lit the kitchen, despite the sunlight that rolled through the open window.

Taylor Birch was a small petit woman. When she was much younger she had suffered from malnourishment, and she had since never recovered. Her arms were tiny, and every action she took seemed to be a difficult one. Her eyes were beady like, and she always seemed slightly nervous. Her brown hair was always cut short, and it never really reached beyond her neck. Taylor often wore plain clothes, she was never all that too concerned with her appearance. Not since Norman left her. Taylor and Professor Birch, her brother, had grown up together in Johto prior to coming to Hoenn when he was 17 and she was still just 13.

Regina Birch, Taylor’s sister in-law and Professor Victor Birch’s wife, was quite the opposite of Taylor in many ways. Professor Birch had always been slightly a stocky man, and Regina matched her husband in that aspect. She was not by any means fat, but she was not skinny either. She told people her husband was lucky there was more of her to love.

“And so I told those sons-of-bitches that they best stay out of my way!” Regina said, slamming her fist on the table as she chuckled, finishing her story. Taylor smiled at the story, and she giggled slightly. She took another sip of her tea, and then asked Regina:

“So how is Terra doing?”

“Birch’s new intern? She’s a doll. I love her. Of course, I love them all,” Regina said, waving her hand in a dismissive fashion. Professor Birch had proven to be unable to have children and Regina had proven unable to get pregnant. So, whenever Professor Birch adapted a new intern, Regina poured all her love and passion into that child. She was motherly in every way. “But this one I love especially. She’s got quite the quick mind about her, this one does. I’m worried that if we let her she won’t get any sunlight, I’m afraid she is going to spend all day and night in my husband’s lab studying up!” Regina rolled her eyes and sighed. “I had to practically twist her arm to get her to agree to go with Ed to see that waterfall.”

“Yes…” Taylor said, stirring her tea slowly as she frowned. “I do hope he is respecting her.”

“Oh, give Ed some trust Taylor. Half the stuff kids say about him is made up, and the other half he made up to make himself seem cooler. He’s just a teenage boy.”

“Exactly,” Taylor said, sighing. “He’s a teenage boy.”

“I think its cute how he thinks we are all oblivious and how we all fall for his ‘charming’ act,” Regina said, snorting.

“I just hope I’m rising him right Regina,” Taylor said, looking sadly out to the window. “I…I don’t want to let…him down.”

“I’m sure you won’t,” Regina said. “Your doing the best someone could do. A hell of a lot better than I would do, I’ll tell you that.”

Taylor stirred her tea some more, but she did not seem to be comforted. But she shook her head, and changed topics.

“Is there any new news about Kanto?”

“You heard ‘bout how Bruno exposed all that corruption?” Regina asked.

“Yes, I heard.”

“Quite the achievement,” Regina said. “I’m glad he was picked for Champion. Did you or Victor ever meet him while you were in Johto?”

“No,” Taylor said, her voice dropping gloomily. “I never got a chance to go out.”

“Er,” Regina said, realizing she had stumbled onto a dangerously depressing topic. “Well, did you…um, did you hear they are doing an emergency election?”

“In Kanto?” Taylor asked, her mood improving as her mind shifted away.

“Yes! An emergency election to rid the government of its corruption. And Bruno is looking to rebuild the Kanto Elite Four and Pokémon League.”

“That’s good. I know they’ve dropped to the lowest challenge rating wise due to the fact that they’ve lost so many people.”

“Yes,” Regina said, sighing. “That poor region is in for some tough times.”

“Tough, yes, but they will get by.” Taylor said. At that moment, the door to the kitchen opened, and Professor Victor Birch walked in. He was a stocky man, and he was neither tall nor short. His hair on his head was receding slightly, but other than that he had chestnut-brown curly hair. He was a lab coat over his relaxed dressed attire.

“Victor!” Regina said, smiling so big several dimples broke out on her face. He walked across the room, put a hand on Taylor’s shoulder, and he leaned across the kitchen table to his wife. She kissed his cheek lovingly, and he leaned away.

“How is everyone?” He asked, smiling at the two women.

“We’re doing fine,” Taylor said, her voice quiet as always, but she smiled at her older brother. “And you?”

“Good, good,” Professor Birch said as he walked over to the refrigerator and got out a milk carton. He opened the carton and he drunk straight from it.

“Oh Victor!” Regina cried out. “For Arceus’s Sake, we have another human being visiting and another one who is now living in our home! Terra may want some milk from that you now!”

“Taylor’s family,” Professor Birch said, grinning mischievously as he put the milk carton down. “And Terra’s going to become family. She better get used to my disgusting habits.”

“Oh, I can’t believe you,” Regina said, rolling her eyes but smiling. “Can you put a leash on your brother?”

Taylor laughed good naturedly, but her laugh was still quiet and weak. She drank a little bit more of her tea, and then she got up.

“Oh, are you going already?” Regina asked, her eyes surprised.

“Yes, I really must get back, I should be expecting Ed soon,” Taylor said, checking her watch.

“Oh, don’t smother that boy too much now,” Regina said, wiggling a large finger at her sister in-law. Taylor smiled.

“Don’t worry, I won’t. And be nice to my brother.”

“Thanks,” Professor Birch grumbled. He walked over, and he gave his sister a hug. “Bye Taylor,” he said, adapting a more serious tone. “We’ll see you at dinner this Saturday night.”

“Of course,” she said, smiling at her brother. “Bye Victor. Bye Regina!”

And then Taylor left, leaving the house.

Professor Birch returned the milk carton to the fridge, and he turned back and he looked at his wife, his expression serious.

“How is she?”

“Well, its like you always say,” Regina said, sighing. “She has good days and she has bad days.”

“I still don’t think she’s told me the extent to what she suffered in that place,” Professor Birch said, his expression now angry.

“At least she made a friend there,” Regina said softly, looking at Taylor out her window.

Professor Birch scoffed at the comment, and he walked up to his wife, and he began to massage her shoulders.

“I’m not sure if she is ever going to forget,” she said softly.

“How could she?” Professor Birch asked. “She has a constant reminder living in her home.”

-----------------------------------------

Taylor Birch walked alone, trying to keep her arms at her side as she walked. She resisted the urge to wrap them around her chest, to hug herself in a sad, desperate manner. She only did that when she was alone in bed at night. She tried to appear confident and strong, if only for Ed’s sake. But she knew she did a poor job.

Taylor had devoted most of the past 15 years of her life to Ed. They had a good mother-son relationship. She loved and cared deeply for him, and she reminded him of that everyday. And she knew he returned these feelings. She demanded certain things of Ed – a tidy room, a good attitude, and a respectful tone towards adults. He followed those rules, although admittedly sometimes he was a little bit manipulative when it came to conversing with adults. And despite what he thought, she had heard the rumors of him being ‘frisky’ with other girls his age. But she knew most of the rumors were not true, merely exaggerations that he allowed to play up.

For example, yes, she believed that Ed had made out with both of the Conway sisters in the same day. But she did not believe he had visited both of their beds later that night. She was a good mother, and she knew where Ed was at all times. He had not snuck out that night, nor had he snuck back in that morning.

And so, Taylor wanted to believe she was a good mother. She clung to that belief desperately. After all, she had lived for very little other than that the past fifteen years. She worked as a secretary in her brother’s lab, and he had overpaid her ridiculously. She had to eventually threaten to quit if he gave her one more raise. It was a simple office job where she did very little but take the occasional phone call. Most of the day she spent giving her brother company, which she believed was more for her benefit than his. She enjoyed the job; she loved to spend the time with her brother. But it wasn’t anything where she made a difference.

These were all thoughts that churned through Taylor Birch’s mind as she walked home. She lived in a small little cottage towards the edge of Littleroot town. It was where she had moved in when she was young and still married to Norman. It was where she had lived for two years while Norman was off journeying Hoenn, pursuing a gym-leader position. And it was where she lived to this day. She lived alone with Ed in a house that was meant for a full person family.

Taylor had loved the cottage. Though it was painful to think of her failed marriage, she still loved the tiny home. It was her place to escape from everything else. That was what it had always meant for her.

She inserted the key into the lock, and she swung the door open, walking into her home. She smiled at the familiar scent of her flowers rolled into her nose and-

Someone grabbed her, slamming his hand over her mouth preventing her from screaming. She gasped, and tried to make an audible sound out, but she could not. The intruder had a firm grip over her mouth, and not a sound came out. She bit down on his palm, tasting blood, and she heard him swear.

“Listen,” he said, whispering into her ear. “We need to talk, oh sweet Taylor.” Her eyes widened at his voice. No, it could not be. Not him. Not this man. “So, I’m going to release you. But if you make one sound, I will not hesitate to kill you, understand?”

Her eyes were wide and her heart beat fast. No. It could not be possible.

“Nod so I know you understand,” he snapped. She nodded her head slowly, tears coming to her eyes. The next second she was pushed away from the man, and she stumbled forward, away from the door. His blood was still on her lips, and she rose a shaking hand to wipe the blood away. She turned around slowly to look at him, her entire body shaking as she did and…

It was him. His distinguishable traits were undeniable. Her eyes were wide as she took a step back, slamming into a wall so she would not fall to the ground.

“Hello Taylor,” the intruder said. “It has been a long time.” He was holding a glass in his left hand, the arm he had not used to muffle her with. It was filled with a soft, brown liquid. “I hope you didn’t mind, but I helped myself to some of your whiskey.” He raised the glass to his lips and he grimaced. “I’ve found the stuff does the trick for me lately.”

“Why are you here?” Taylor asked. “What could you possibly want from me?”

He sighed as he swirled the whiskey in his glass, and he examined her with his eyes.

“You see Taylor,” the intruder said, walking forward to her. “I’ve become a little desperate lately. I’m looking for someone, and no one seems to know where they are. So, I figured, why not go for a stretch. You once had contact with someone who knew the Oaks quite personally, so I might as well try you.” By this time, the intruder was very close to her face. Her eyes had grown wider at the mention of the Oaks, and her face even paler. “If you can tell me what I need, then I will let you live. If you cannot…” his voice trailed off as a small smile spread across him.

“What do you want?” she asked, trying to sound brave but failing miserably. The intruder leaned in, and he whispered in her ear,

“Tell me, Taylor, have you heard anything about Charlie Oak?” The intruder then leaned away, and walked back, watching her reaction carefully and letting his words sink in.

“I know nothing of the Oaks, at least nothing that the rest of the world knows,” Taylor said, swallowing nervously

The intruder’s eyebrows shot up, and then he commented softly:

“I didn’t ask you about the Oaks,” he said. “I asked you about Charlie Oak. And Charlie Oak only. Why would you make such a comment?” Taylor blinked her eyes, and she started to cry.

“I’ll never tell you,” she screeched, her entire body trembling. “I’ll never tell you!”

The intruder sighed regretfully. He unclipped a Pokeball off his belt and he tossed it in the air as he turned away.

“Kill her.”

[+] Game Notes
NONE
[+] A Few Thoughts
[+] Spoilers, Read Chapter First!
Okay, a few clarifications!
Edmund Birch is the main character in this run. I know that might be confusing since I switched things around a bit, but he is the main character with Terra acting as the rival.

Secondly, YES! Pokémon will be speaking in this run. Exciting, no? I am excited for it. It may seem slightly unrealistic, and I know most people enjoyed the realism Eldest had, but I assure you, this was planned.

Thirdly...
Yeah, I already killed off a character that would have heavy impact on the main character. Not only that, but I killed off another mom. Sorry; I know I said I am going to be better about death selection in this run, and I REALLY am. :smile: This death has meaning, and purpose. While Janine's death was the result of all the evil and darkness that happened in Eldest, Taylor's death is going to be the first domino that really sets of the plot for this run. I really firmly believe that when someone dies in this run you will be surprised. I have planned out my deaths more precisely and carefully.
So! I think if anything, this chapter tells you all are in for a bumpy ride, hm? :biggrin: Leave me a comment about what happened, and what you think is going to happen, and I'll love you forever!

Pokemon_As_Leaders
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym

January 26th, 2012, 2:29 am #19

Well, shit... Looks like I have to jump on the Sons of Three bandwagon now, don't I? :v:

One of these days, I will read the entirety of Eldest, but I've looked over the summary enough to get the gist of what's happened. This is very strong stuff you've got--a fully-fledged world that you're manipulating and twisting around, powerful characters, dire events (already!), and SHIT-TONS OF TEXT!!! All things I really appreciate in a great story wrapped up into a neat little package (AND THERE'S PLENTY MORE PLOT TO COME!)

One small thing (and I hate to nitpick, but I'm a grammar nazi at heart :v: Besides, every bit helps the writers out, doesn't it?) -- do a quick spell-check of your chapters before you post! Know when to use "you're" as opposed to "your", "it's" as opposed to "its", "know" as opposed to "no", etc. Also, conversations sound better when you can put some sort of pause like "You see, Taylor," or something to that effect.

All in all, very very very very intriguing and I'm looking forward to more! (And, to be honest, Eldest as well :v: )
[+] Spoiler

Banner by Baka!
[+] Spoiler
I'm not going to spoil this one for you
IN-BOX: ALRAUNE (Cottonee), SPORE (Foongus), DR. COG (Klink), BULB (Litwick), WHISPER (Mienfoo), ZANE (Scraggy), APOLLO (Lopunny), KEZIA (Deino)
Badge Count: 8
Body Count: 7
[+] Spoiler
]
--A Platinum Run about the end of the world--Chapter Fourteen up 08/10--Banner drawn by the awesome WinstonIII!
[+] Spoiler
Click here for PaL's Miscellaneous Composition thread!
[+] Spoiler

MewKitten

January 26th, 2012, 2:31 am #20

yay, you're back! SO SO looking forward to this!
[+] Spoiler
PM me If you're interested in reading a log of a Wobuffet sololocke series. (because apparently I hate myself...)