Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a screenshot or written log run that will not reach a conclusion for whatever reason, please PM a
, and they'll move the thread here for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!

[INACTIVE]A Blind Scramble Through Black 2

Geo
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

June 24th, 2012, 1:36 am #1

Konichiwa (did I spell that right? Gosh, I hope I didn't say anything offensive :sweatdrop: )!

Ok, so Black and White 2 came out the other day, and unable to resist the urge to try them out, here we are. The only problem, is the game is in Japanese, and I don't speak a word of it. Sooooo, I'm going to clusterf*** my way through this as blind and ignorant as a Garbodor in a beauty salon. Maybe we'll even learn something as we go yay education!

Firstly, some rules are in order:
[+] Rules
1. If at any stage a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be permaboxed.
2. Only the first wild Pokemon in each new area may be caught.
3. Optional Dupes Clause. Basically, it's a new game, and I want my team to be as diverse as possible, but if I really want to (eg, something of the same species has died and I want another GIMME!), I can catch it. I only get one reject per route though, meaning if I already have the first thing that pops up and I don't want it, I have to go with the second encounter
4. Offend everyone.
5. I already know a little bit about these games, but I can't go looking up any additional information about the games from this moment on (unless I'm hopelessly stuck and all the NPC's are like "Go talk to this person!" and I'm all like "I no speaky Japanesish! HELP ME!")

And we'll potentially add a few more as we go =)

WARNING!!

This run may contain spoilers! If you yourself plan on playing these games at any stage and do not wish to know the gym leaders, the general direction of the plot or anything else that's new in these games, LOOK AWAY NOW! I won't necessarily understand what's going on all of the time due to Parkinsons the language barrier, but if you're not OK with knowing anything about these games, please, don't let me ruin the experience for you :wooper:

That being said, this should be an awesome, fun run of an awesome and fun game!

OK, enough incessant talking, let's learn some Japanese!
[+] Part 1: English Mother, do you speak it!?

Well, here it is, Pokemon Tsdgbu giswnd 2! About time!

Huh? You wanted to see the intro stuff? OK then!
[+] Introstuffedness

He was a boy, she was a girl. Can I make it any more obvious?
Yes, this run will probably have various western music and miscellaneous pop references throughout it. Because music translates into all languages! hurrdurr
Also, the girl shall now be dubbed meatball head. Why?
[+] MEATBALL HEAD

SAILOR MOON! AKA Meatball Head!

STARTERS!
Also, Snivy is about to be eaten by a mechanical Tyranitar, yet still looks extremely smug.
BAD. ASS.

BAD GUYS!

RIVALS!

Bad guys? Yin-Yang-esque hair styles? SCIENCE! BOOKS! (since when did this become a CAPSLOCKE?)

Dragons and Fighting-Beast-Things and more Dragons, Oh my!

End intro!

Oh Arceus, what am I agreeing to here?!

Oh, hey, it's Juniper! I know you! Juniper, you're a professor, teach me Japanese! Please?

... Is this going to be on the test?

Huh? My name? Is that what you want? Well I know that at least!

Lol, jokes with Wally inside jokes from other runs aren't actually funny if people haven't read them, idiot...
Named Rival because I couldn't be bothered thinking up a name that's 5 characters long, and to avoid confusion with all the Japanese text. May change his name though - suggestions?

OH MY GOSH! ENGLISH! Also, that's totally Vista Point from the Megaman Starforce series.

Lamp post and all! No doubt about it - And that's why Geo is playing this game!
OH! I bet if I go there, I'll meet some extraterrestrial life form made of EM Waves who I can fight evil with!

... Well, it's not THAT far from the truth.

Did I mention that I live in TRIPLETLEAF Town? It's like TWINLEAF, but it has an extra leaf, so it's better. Count them. 3.

Her phone was ringing. Words were had. Don't you hate it when someone takes a phone call and speaks in another language? I WANT TO EAVESDROP, DAMMIT!

Mum, no matter how much you shout at me in Japanese, the only word I'm going to understand is my name.

Obligatory Potio- Hey! Where's my obligatory potion?!

Ummm... The second one!

Posted Image
Well, apparently that offended her. Looks like I'm exiled to the streets then!

Also, we meet tour guideRival who starts following us, but I forgot to screencap :sweatdrop: . Just imagine he's walking behind me and he's way too close. It's called personal space dude, respect it!

This is the Trainer's School/Gym/Pokemon Centre. Yes, there is a school in my town, and I still can't speak a word of Japanese - what of it?!

Here is what practically every house in my town looks like. 2 stories, well furnished, luxurious.

Here's my dump. Why are we so povo?
Oh well, truth is, I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me :wooper:

Apparently going this way is offensive. This culture makes no sense!

And finally we get to Vista Point The Lookout Place Thingy. It's a perty view :dubs:
Oh! Hey! It's Bianca! I know you too! Please, help me! Teach me some Japanese!

Why is everything I say offensive to these people?!

Huh? For me? You shouldn't have!

Starter choice time! I'm leaning towards Snivy, because EVERYONE goes for Oshawott these days (even the Nuzman himself!), and I'm with everyone else in not totally supporting the 3rd Fire/Fighting type in a row, but I'm open to suggestions. Also, naming. 5 characters. I can totally see my naming scheme ending up like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmyB_Ubl ... re=related
Comments?
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Profile picture courtesy of the amazingly talented and wonderful Tigger!

lesbian xion

June 24th, 2012, 1:41 am #2

Go with Snivy. I haven't seen it used in a B2/W2 nuzlocke yet. Plus, Smugleaf is the coolest.
Even if I'm not ready... I have to make this choice.

Spork
Johto League Champion
Johto League Champion

June 24th, 2012, 1:57 am #3

Oshawatt.

CONFORM.

That culture is offensive made me laugh.

Keep going.

Mudswat
Conqueror of the Mauville Gym
Conqueror of the Mauville Gym

June 24th, 2012, 4:40 am #4

Oh boy. I can only read a little bit of it, so I'm sunk. :sweatdrop:

Anywho, OSHAWOTT GOGOGOGOGOGO

Dooms
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym

June 24th, 2012, 4:43 am #5

Snivy! :3.

Good luck with your run, and I'll be sure to follow ^_^.
:|

negativeone
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym

June 24th, 2012, 4:45 am #6

Snivy, because Smugleaf needs to be played. :v:

Good luck with B2, bro, we both need it, since we're both gonna be stumbling blindly, drowning in moonrunes. :sweatdrop:
--- My Runs! ---

I sorries I gone but nao I back :D
(tbh I can't believe I have 300+ posts up here ahmygawd)
[+] Spoiler
Go Perfect or Go Burn: Kanto Edition is Complete!
- Final Death count: 20. :sweatdrop:

Just another vanilla Pokemon Emerald run is done!
- Steven wiped. SHAAAAME. To a Castform. EVEN MORE SHAME.

True Remembrance, A complete but discontinued Moemon Forever v3 run orz

TheProjectCore
Conqueror of the Mossdeep Gym

June 24th, 2012, 5:21 am #7

Snivy cuz of JAPANEASe

and name it in a japanease nickname maybe youll learn then
Life's got to hectic for these but I did do a run of Ultra Sun On my Own recently
[+] Spoiler

Core's Re-Return To The Wood of Fire
Beat me once? Shame on you. Beat me twice- well f*** me!

Anaklusmos
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

June 25th, 2012, 6:01 am #8

Couldnt you look were the english letters are on the nickname screen and then look at the japanese symbols to see what symbol is which letter in the english alphabet?
also Oshawott named Zane

Turkey
Indigo League Champion
Indigo League Champion

June 25th, 2012, 7:39 am #9

Snivy, because long snake pokemon are always good for sexually suggestive jokes.

a Pokemon Vega Run

Credits to Violet for the amazing banner!

[+] Spoiler
THE SEXIEST CAPSLOCKE YOU'VE EVER WITNESSED.

hobohunter

June 26th, 2012, 1:28 am #10

awww sweet a Black 2 run! I say Snivy! Name is Smug.

Marshmallows
Conqueror of the Oreburgh Gym

June 26th, 2012, 2:00 am #11

Go with Mijumaru! (Oshawott). Don't worry, most pokemon games are usually fairly easy to play without the language, and my bets are that Black version is probably similarly linear to black 1.

[+] slight weeaboo-ness
And as a small moonspeak lesson, there's 2 n's in Konnichiwa (the kanas are Koこ-nん-niに-chiち-waは), as it translates to "good day". Nichi is the word for "Day", kon is a prefix, and wa is a particle that just emphasizes a subject. Since romanization is a weird process anyway, konichiwa is fine :P
[+] Spoiler

Rogues and Plumbers - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Challenge Run)
Been streaming a lot lately, my twitch is over here. Feel free to also add me on Discord, my account on Discord is Ghost King#5224. If you don't have Discord, get it cause it's better than Skype.

[+] Spoiler

[Mature] Seek a Way Out! - Let's Play: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (Finished!!!)

Paper Mario No Action Command
Paper Mario Lv 1 No Encounters Playthrough

[+] Spoiler

~ Spin the Wheel of Fortune Torture! A Randomized Gold Version Nuzlocke with a Twist! ~ (COMPLETED)
God Karp Solo: Hoenn (April Fools 2013)
God Disc Solo: Kanto (Joke Run 2012)

Older Runs:

[+] Spoiler

Nuzlockes:
Special Silver Kanto Quest Nuzlocke
Flora Sky Nuzlocke
Lord Stanley's NHL Themed Black Hockey-locke-out

Other Adventures:
Touhou Nuzlocke (April Fools 2015)
Megaman Battle Network/EXE 3 Let's Play

[+] Spoiler

FrozenDarkness
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym

June 26th, 2012, 3:26 am #12

Oshawott. There are are no early water types except it and Psyduck, and who the fuck wants Psyduck?

not counting Azurill.

Good luck!

inb4 you wipe to cheren

[+] Spoiler
Isn't It Perty? A Crystal Enhanced Nuzlocke
Undocumented Emerald Nuzlocke
Undocumented Platinum Nuzlocke
Undocumented Touhoumon Blue Nuzlocke
[+] Spoiler
Vega ReverseLocke - Side Run
Update 11 (6/16)
RNG Victims:5 Deaths:1

Wiped to Togekiss]
[9:26:36 PM] Lackadaisical Spring Plusle Dolls; RJ: yes you are frozen
[9:27:07 PM] Lackadaisical Spring Plusle Dolls; RJ: you are a gorgeous chunk of ice born in unfotunate circumstances in your icy world and had darkness shoved inside you
[9:27:27 PM] Lackadaisical Spring Plusle Dolls; RJ: so now your waiting for someone to melt you with love so you can feel warm and fuzzy and not be dark anymore

Geo

June 27th, 2012, 7:25 am #13

[+] Replies
@Lady ChocoboI'm going to admit, Smugleaf really drew me in the most when the Unova starter designs were released. And hey, if nobody else is using him, then sweet - uniqueness, here we come! Maybe I should start a rivalry with someone else doing a B/W2 run just to prove Snivy's awesomeness? =P

@Spork
[+] Conforming

Conforming to Cookies Oshawott is tempting, but no.
And my gosh, there are so many "!" notices in this game so far! And because I have no idea what anyone is saying, I just assume big red exclamation marks mean "I am offended!". It doesn't make sense to me, but eh, different cultures, different standards.

@Mudswat You can read some of it? Well done, you're doing better than me :sweatdrop: Hopefully you'll come back from Japan and be able to understand almost everything and then be like "Yay! I'm Mudswat, I'm awesome!"
Also, I feel bad now - this is two runs in a row where I've not chosen the water type starter and you've suggested it... DON'T HATE ME YOU ARE AN AWESOME TENTACOOL! =D

@jbeeber95 Another Snivy supporter! Thanks for the wishes of good luck, I'll probably need it!

@Negativeone And apparently barely anyone is playing Smugleaf so far, so yay! And agreed, moonrunes EVERYWHERE! How we're going to get through this alive, I don't know! =P Good luck to you too!

TheProjectCore I like that idea actually - using Japanese nicknames so I actually learn a little bit of the language through the run! I'll stick to romanized Japanese though, so I can actually recognise the words easily. One step at a time =P

Anaklusmos I could look up the translation for the Japanese - English alphabet, but it would only help in pronouncing the Japanese words, and they would still have no meaning to me.

Turkey Teehee, I get it! I treat my snake and my balls with care because DICKS! Dangit! Now I realise I should have named either the Rival or my Snivy Dicks! Missed opportunity!

hobohunter Yay! Blind runs of totally new games! Went with Snivy, and wanted to name it the Japanese word for smug (so I can actually learn something from this run), but NONE of the translators I tried were able to process a word for smug. Damn!

Marshmallow It seems fairly straight forward for now, and eventually it will probably follow a rather similar path to B/W any way, so it shouldn't be too bad.
And thanks for the "Moonspeak lesson"! That actually makes sense now that you've broken it down! I'm assuming you know a fair bit of Japanese?

FrozenDarkness Well... The only other grass type I've seen so far is Sunkern, and it is horrendous until you get your hands on a sun stone to evolve it (no idea when that is). Fire, I've heard rumours about Growlithe fairly early in the game, so fingers crossed for that. Water. Psyduck. I actually did an undocumented run of Bloody Platinum (a rather difficult hack of Platinum) and had a Psy/Golduck last quite a while. Damp was great for all the boomfags, and its stats, although not amazing, are quite balanced which is good. So if I get one of them, I won't be too disappointed. Or Azurill, as soon as I can get it to evolve into something useful =P
So I went with Snivy. Fingers crossed I won't regret that.
Also, glad you crossed out the wiping to Cheren part - something happens this update which (I would hope) will make him a walk in the park.
[+] Update #2: Bianca is a whore

Yep! That one! Named Souja because apparently Sou can mean grass, and ja translates to snake - Snivy the Grass Snake!

What? Is my Romanized Japanese nickname for my Snivy REALLY that bad that you have to hang your head in shame? I'M NEW AT THIS, FORGIVE ME!

Huh? HOLY KRABBY IT'S A GAMEBOY COLOR! THANKS!

So, I'm assuming one of Bianca's questions that I answered yes to was "Will you be my boyfriend?", and now Rival wants to fight me for her love or something? Whatever. Souja! Let's go!
Souja: Wakarimasen!
Ok, we definitely need to teach you some English!

[I applied a patch that translates some basic things into English, like items, moves, commands, etc. It's not perfect, but it will help] Well, it looks like you understand the words "Tackle!" and "Leer!", so that's a start!

So, I'm guessing Rival told Bianca about him trying to win her love, and she's confused?

OH MY ARCEUS! Are you going to make out in front of me?

Ummm... OK... Whatever he said, he clearly had nothing else to say after it, because he left. I have no idea what is happening. Oh, hold on, Bianca's showing us around inside the Pokemon Centre.

No offence, Bianca, but it's rude not to look at someone when you're talking to them. (She gave me 10 Pokeballs though, which is cool)

Oh, hey, it's my mother and that girl who is supposedly someone's sister! Mine? My Rival's? I have no idea. Possibly both given the way everyone whores around here in Unova. Also, yay, Town Map get!

What's her problem?

Hey! Since I'm not being shadowed now, maybe I can go this way without causing anyone offence!

I stand corrected...

Thank you?

Oh, hey, look, it's Biancwhorea!

Again woman, look at someone when you're talking to them. I'm offended!

Oh, so apparently I was meant to follow her into the grass and let her show me how to catch a Pokemon, but because I didn't, she got mad, and dumped me. Good. I never wanted to date her any way.

Now, let's see, maybe I can catch something here...

I am OK with this.
Gunni - apparently connected to (naval) armies in some way? Can you imagine a Patrat Army taking over Unova?
Gunni: Nani?!
Huh, so you can understand me, but you can't speak my language, is that it?
Gunni: Hai!
... I'm going to take that as a "yes"... Arceus help me... Anyway, grinding time!

Gunni has been really solid, especially for a Patrat. Taking on things at her level or above, barely even worrying about it.

Hold on... up ahead... is that?

Oh Arceus, he's going to jump! Don't do it Alder!

Quick! Souja! Use Wine Whip to help him!

Could have at least thanked us for saving his life...

Hey, new town!

This place is now known as New Lavender Town, because it has purple flowers near some monument thing which I'm interpreting to be lavender and a shrine remembering someone who has fallen.

Hey, it's Alder again! Apparently us saving his life offended him somehow...

It's also offensive to go and look at the 'sacred battle ground'. Whatever, let's head out West.

New route, new catch! But first...

Trainers. Curbstomped by Souja and Gunni =)

This would have been my catch for the route, but Gunni accidentally OHKO'd it. No crit or anything. Mind you, given that it died that easily, has such low base stats and is another grass type so early in the journey, I'm not too upset about this.

Oh come on! What is so offensive about walking down some stairs! I saw a child playing down there before as I walked past from above.

Or is the only 'non-offensive' method of descending elevation in this region to be suicidal like Alder and jump? Because that's just stupid if you ask me...

Yay! Another new area! Time for a new cat-

Oh balls. I swear, I'm not with Bianca! You can have her!

Gunni just met her first opponent who she couldn't defeat by herself. Had to heal and then switch out to Souja.

And then some strangers came up to us, got offended (I assume for trespassing?), and gave us potions before Rival stormed off. I don't know what it is with everyone giving out potions here, thinking it'll cure my offensiveness, but hey, I'll take it!

Now, about that catch...

RIOLU! DO WANT! (seriously, MFW this was legitimately the first thing to pop up)

It used up like half of my Pokeballs, but I didn't want to attack it again in case it didn't use endure and ended up fainting. Eventually we got there though!

Yay! So, help me nickname this thing! 5 character limit, can be English, Japanese, Mexican, Whatever you choose! Give me some ideas!

Well, despite that Route 20 catch getting OHKO'd, I think that was a pretty progressive update! Nobody died, I got some awesome new team members, and my Rival now hates my guts! Yoomtah!

But yes, please help me nickname that last catch! inb4 Riley
[+] Japanese words learnt in this update
Sou - Grass(?)
Ja - Snake
Wakarimasen - I don't understand
Gunni - (naval) Army(?)
Nani? - Nanny Grandmother What? (unbelievable)
Hai - Hi Yes
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Marshmallows

June 27th, 2012, 8:25 am #14

Name Riolu Alex :dance:

I just got finished with my second quarter of moonspeak. Unfortunately, I tried playing Black 2 and most of it is nonsense to me. I know probably 500-600 words and the grammar for polite speech, but thats all. I can read every word (although there's a thing at the beginning of the game that prompts you to see if you want to use the Chinese letters that fluent speakers know or the Kanas, which you're playing with; I cant read most of the Chinese "letters", called Kanji), but I have to read it slowly and I still dont understand most of the words and sentences since it's not grammar I'm used to. I am, however, surprised to see how many english expressions they use. The Rival (Hyuu is his default name, although Bulbapedia lists him as Hue) actually says, "retsu go!" (engrish for lets go) when he follows you at the beginning of the game. All this aside, I know some Japanese but not enough to play this game and enjoy it fully myself.
[+] Spoiler

Rogues and Plumbers - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Challenge Run)
Been streaming a lot lately, my twitch is over here. Feel free to also add me on Discord, my account on Discord is Ghost King#5224. If you don't have Discord, get it cause it's better than Skype.

[+] Spoiler

[Mature] Seek a Way Out! - Let's Play: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (Finished!!!)

Paper Mario No Action Command
Paper Mario Lv 1 No Encounters Playthrough

[+] Spoiler

~ Spin the Wheel of Fortune Torture! A Randomized Gold Version Nuzlocke with a Twist! ~ (COMPLETED)
God Karp Solo: Hoenn (April Fools 2013)
God Disc Solo: Kanto (Joke Run 2012)

Older Runs:

[+] Spoiler

Nuzlockes:
Special Silver Kanto Quest Nuzlocke
Flora Sky Nuzlocke
Lord Stanley's NHL Themed Black Hockey-locke-out

Other Adventures:
Touhou Nuzlocke (April Fools 2015)
Megaman Battle Network/EXE 3 Let's Play

[+] Spoiler

lesbian xion

June 27th, 2012, 11:39 am #15

Yay, someone finally got a Riolu! Which is good, since it's encounter rate is 5%. :p Seconding the name Alex.
Even if I'm not ready... I have to make this choice.

hobohunter

June 27th, 2012, 6:04 pm #16

DAYUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name it something japanesey. As for what specifically...I'll get back to you on that.

negativeone

June 28th, 2012, 10:51 am #17

Riolu is 5%? Awesome, it was my first catch, too! :v:

It died to a crit rollout. ;_;
--- My Runs! ---

[+] Spoiler

Geo

June 29th, 2012, 4:45 am #18

[+] Replies!
@Marshmallow: Alex the Riolu... I can see that working well actually - thanks!
500-600 words in any language is still fairly impressive. Especially when the origin of it is completely different to English! Ah well, it mightn't be enough to totally understand everything, so I guess we'll stumble through blindly together!
(I'm actually considering repatching the rom with the latest English patch, just to get a little bit more of it in English - e.g., things like "Random Trainer is about to send out %@%#!, would you like to change Pokemon?" are making me feel like I'm playing the game in effective set mode which I don't like in a blind run which is annoying. Thoughts? Should I? Or should I stick with the pure Japanese jumble for now?)

@Lady Chocobo: Hazza for Riolu! I knew it was probably rare given there were still derps only the route before the ranch/farm/whatever it is, so I'm very happy! Makes up for the missed catch on the route before too =)
And I like Alex as a name for Riolu - I think it suits him!

@hobohunter: DAYUMMMMMM!!!!
I was pretty stoked with the Riolu myself - fingers crossed my future catches will be of a similar quality =D
Went with Alex in the end - I was thinking myself for a Japanese name maybe Ijin, which is supposedly "great man/hero"", but I think Alek kind of suits Riolu too.

@negativeone: Seriously, you should have seen my face when it came up. I didn't know how rare it was, but I figured it would have to be fairly rare when there are still Patrats around on the route before, so yay! Eventual steel typing will be a godsend, given it resists so many types and this is a blind run - he'll probably be the first thing sent out quite a bit just to scout the opponent out a bit =P High 5 for awesome first encounters! *raises hand*
[+] Update #3: Ninjas committing suicide at the Gym!

Meet Alex, everyone!

Battling random trainers. I must admit, this gets annoying pretty quickly. It's all good that I'm being given the option to switch, but it feels like set mode because I don't even know what it is. Should I apply the latest English patch (which apparently changes the default names of Pokemon to their English names), or just stick with the moon runes?

Then Rival kept following us everywhere. No, not like before. More like I'd get to a certain point, he'd run up to me and say something then just stand there. I'd get a bit further ahead, and he'd do the same thing again. What the hell, dude?

WHY IS THERE A JANITOR ON A FARM/RANCH/WHATEVER THIS PLACE IS?!
I never knew Japanese people were THAT tidy...

Training up Alex a bit. He's awesome so far (Not liking the Mareeps though, they paralyse me =( )

Huh? You saw Alex get paralysed and decided to give me something to heal him? I guess you finally accepted that there's nothing between Bianca and me!

... Or not?

Hey, look, a bitch and a Ninja! Ninjabitch!
Also, this officially counts as evidence that Pokemon can talk. I have no idea what it's saying, but that's far too elaborate to just be a grunt or it saying it's name, right?

Oh dear... ummm... No? The second one! No!

See children, saying no when a stranger asks you a question when you don't understand them is always the right thing to do, especially if they try to exercise their 'frustrations' on you in any way. That way, if they try to assault you, they can't claim you gave them permission in a court of law...

What do you mean there's no form of law enforcement here in the Pokemon world?! That's stupid! No wonder ninjas and other criminals run free around here! Speaking of ninjas running,

He ran away.

Then the random from before and Rival came and took my new puppy away. Oh well, nothing left to do here (is there?), back to the town I guess...

ALDER!

Hey, this one is totally not my fault, I came in because Alder was motioning for me to follow him.

Wait, what did I just say earlier in relation to stranger danger? =S

Well, at least Alder was nice enough to heal my Pokemon between the fights with the children. Also, nobody loves Pansage [/s]because nobody loves Tepig[/s].

Clearly I'm no longer welcome in this house, so I'll just leave.

Who the heck are you, and how am I offending you when you can't even see me?!

WHAT THE HECK IS A FRIDAY BOX!?! No no, wait, let me guess - if I open it, the world will end because it will blare out a song by Rebecca Black?
Hold the Xtransceiver a moment... FRIDAY box... Pokemon BLACK 2...

OH ARCEUS IT'S THE APOCALYPSE! RUN!

Alder, stop trying to commit suicide! It's not cool. I'm not going to open the Rebecca Black Friday Box, so your life is still worth living.

Anyway, we FINALLY get back to Tripletleaf town, time to enter the school/gym/brothellibrary.

Hold on... what is she reading?
...The ultimate collection of Yaoi Manga?! WHY ARE YOU READING THIS?!
More importantly, why is this in a school library? =S

Yay! Fresh Water Guy is back!

Oh come on, how is praising the Fresh Water Guy offensive in any way? Or is it a case of he's your slave and talking to the slave is offensive?

Human Rights, Cheren, ever heard of them? I should get Amnesty International onto you.

The team after the gym trainers. Level 10/11 feels too low for the first gym (trainers were around level 9), so I'm going to grind for a bit.

So we went back to the Farm/Ranch/Whatever to play with Mareeps train for a bit.

That feels better.

Du-du-du-du-da-na-na! Du-du-du-du-da-na-na! BATTLE!

Correction, I challenged HIM!

Leading with Souja, tried to lower its stats with Leer. But then it used Bulk Up, cancelling the defence drop and raising its attack. So basically I wasted a turn for him to set up -_-

It just kept spamming bulk up and leer, and then he did this. GRRRR!

Then he stopped setting up and attacked a bit. Luckily, Souja knocked I'm out next turn. Switching Souja out because his health is low and his stats are down.

GUNNI TIME! That damage to Gunni was after one boosted attack. Seeing as it outspeeds me, I should switch or heal... If I heal, I can hope it'll try setting up again, which won't be enough to knock Gunni out, and then I can finish it off!

OK, now to heal stall until it stops attacking. That is, unless it gets a crit or something, then I'm screwed.

CURSE YOU CHEREN GO DIE IN A HOLE!

Alex will outspeed it with Quick Attack and finish it off!

ARGH! WHY?!!?

DIE YOU MURDEROUS BITCH!
I don't care if it's a male Lillipup, it's forever a bitch in my eyes.

Some normal type lover - you KILLED my normal type! I'm leaving!

BIANCA! CHEREN KILLED GUNNI!!!

The hell? A C-Gear? My first catch dies and you think you can make up for it by giving me some useless piece of crap I'm never going to use? :psyduck:

Oh, it's YOU.

Ummm, no offense Juniper, and I know you would have no way of knowing this without seeing us, but we're all in the same place, you don't need to call ALL 3 of us. I would hate to see your phone bill.
Also, why are you calling me? How did you get my number? This is crazy! I just met you :v:

Wait... why are you humming now that he's here?

OH. MY. ARCEUS! You two are sleeping together?!

Uh oh... Do you think he heard me say that thing about Cheren and Bianca?

Spikey speech bubble? Oh dear, he's :bigtimefootball:

Now he's going to go and fight Cheren to try to win Bianca's love. Better him than me! Kill the bastard for me, will you Rival? Thanks!

Gunni, you were my first catch and probably one of the best Patrats ever. You could hit hard when it counted and always managed to surprise me with how well you managed to do in battle. Now you're gone because of a stupid Critical Hit. I'm naming you the Basic Badge MVP - we couldn't have done it without you.

Rest in peace, soldier.

Ok... Now what?

I'm just going to go hide in the corner for a while. Don't mind me.

EDIT: Why my new computer wants to autocorrect everything in an incorrect manner is beyond me. Most typos from this update are now fixed =P
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

negativeone

June 29th, 2012, 10:33 am #19

...why is everyone losing pokes at Cheren?

Uh, sorry 'bout your loss. I've never used Patrat before, apologies. And for Riolu, I thought that Quick Attack was Chip Away. Then I realized it was a normal type move. I think I'm gonna use the English patch, too, I can't remember all my poke's moves anymore. Plus when it learns something I don't understand... :sweatdrop:
--- My Runs! ---

[+] Spoiler

Geo

June 30th, 2012, 9:17 pm #20

[+] Reply
@negativeone Yeah, Patrats don't get used very often (and with good reason, normally), but Gunni left a soft spot on me. She could hit harder than Souja and Alex at that stage, and of course got STAB off the influx of normal type moves that are floating around so early on in the game. But, we must move on.
In the text as a move is used, it comes up as moonrunes (occasionally English for something like "__ (wants to learn) MOVE" or "MOVE (was disabled)", but on the bottom screen in move selection they're English, which is very helpful, so you should definitely apply the patch - well worth it! I'm going to apply the latest patch for the next update - should help with Pokemon identification, which is the big thing for me at the moment.
[+] Update #4: Heavy Metal + Music = Victory!

Ok, so according to the map, if he head East from New Lavender Town, we'll eventually get to a new city. Let's go!

Whatever you want, the answer is no.

You know what, I'm beginning to think this ability to easily insult people may be a good thing!

Ah, I see, it's down there, a little further to the east! Now just to get past that hiker from before...

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

Down the stairs we go!

Oh come on!

You two? What could you want?

Cheren said some crap, gave us some berries, and left. Rival went and stood in some dark grass and did nothing.

Hold on, DARK grass?

Same Pokemon as before, but higher in level. Would have been handy for grinding earlier, but eh, whatever.

This DerpDunsparce... Didn't think it would be a big deal, but then it was really bulky. Then it started to use rollout and not one was missing. Alex was lucky here and got like 411 exp as a reward, but seriously, it gave me a fright. The sooner Alex gets a fighting move, the better.

TWICE THE OFFENCE! Double battle could be dangerous...

:krn: Never mind! :krn:

Hey, it's the gateway to the next city!

Why are all the gate keepers giving me things?

... Not that I'm complaining!

Are you kidding?! I JUST stepped foot in this town, who could possibly be calling me?!

Oh... hi Mum :sweatdrop:

Let's explore the town a bit!

Who's the hunchback? Is that really his natural hair colour? CONNECT WIRELESS, hey? Why are there more children here than there were in the Trainer School back in Tripletleaf?

Oh look, the gym!

I'd say they're cool, but they don't even have a mosh pit. Amateurs. I wanna go ask them if I can join their band!

I'm going to take that as a no... The drummer responded the same way.

Maybe I should ask the lead hunchbacksinger?

Oh dear, she doesn't just look offended - she looks FURIOUS!

Ok, I choose you, Tesla!

Huh, who's Tesla?

This is Tesla.

When did I get it? Oh, that's simple!

Just south of the town is this industrial area. Yep, new area, new catch!

And as I was exploring this area, I saw some dark grass. Now, it was confirmed before that Pokemon from dark grass, on average, tend to be stronger than those from normal grass. And guess what I found?

Yep, Tesla!
[+] Fun fact!
Magneton is made of 3 Magnemite, yet weighs 10 times more than Magnemite.
Now, don't get me wrong, Tesla wasn't easy to catch!

Alex would probably have been more effective at weakening it since just earlier it learnt Force Palm which would have been super effective, but I didn't want to risk knocking it out.

Souja had to wrap damage it for a while, and I had to heal him a few times (thundershock wasn't an issue. SONICBOOM, however, was. 20 HP default per hit. Yeowch!

So here's Tesla! (Chose that name because of the magnets, and because all the related words I tried translating into Japanese were too long)

Which is perfect, because its electric typing helps cover the common weakness to flying types that Souja and Alex share.

While we were there, we grinded. The target - Level 17 all around. Why 17?

Because this happens! Yay evolution!

Now, where were we? Oh, right, the gym battle!

Oh, you're nearly done! Well done Tesla! Hit it with a few more Sonicbooms, and I think we're done here!

So, now that I've proven I'm a better trainer than you, can I join your band? Or do I have to prove I'm a better musician than all of you too?
Well, that couldn't have gone better! There were lots of amazing options available in that industrial area - Growlithe, Magby, Audino, Koffing, Magnemite, Pidove (Patrat =( ). I'm happy with what I got though - it was a huge help with the gym (that typing!)! All I can say is thank goodness those Koffing were too young to be boomfags yet - I think we'd have managed, but still, better to be safe than sorry!

Going to update the English patch before the next update. Yeah, I know, the run is called 'Learning Japanese', but I need to know what Pokemon I'm fighting against! =P

Next is Burgh. Hopefully we'll get a few more catches before then - 2 gyms in and still only a party of 3 (max of 5)? It just doesn't feel right!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler