Forum rules
This subforum is for screenshot runs and written logs. If you're recounting events through a story, that goes in the Written Story Runs subforum - "written log" just refers to a direct log of what's happening.

Good luck on your journeys!

Heroes of Space- A Star Wars Castlocke

Spectacles
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym

January 15th, 2018, 11:02 pm #1

Happy Star Wars day!! Who's your favorite character so far?

Total votes: 6
0(0%)
4(67%)
1(17%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
0(0%)
1(17%)
0(0%)

Hey everyone! I came up with the idea of a Castlocke a while back and I've had a lot of fun with it, so I figured this ruleset would be great for my first posted run! Before I continue, I'll explain the basic rules of a Castlocke.

[+] Spoiler
Six characters are chosen and the 25 natures are divided evenly between them, with the leftover nature being assigned to a 7th extra character. The first Pokemon obtained that matches a particular character's natures becomes that character. Each character can only be represented by one Pokemon at a time, and any extra Pokemon are placed in a PC box labelled with that character's name. If a character dies, they must remain dead until the next gym is defeated. After each gym badge, dead characters can be resurrected as a new Pokemon from their box, and living characters have the option to change forms with a Pokemon from their box. After the 8th gym, characters can change forms at will. Reaching the League counts as a checkpoint where dead characters can be revived. Character traits and events can be implemented to alter gameplay and customize the experience to fit its source material, which in the case of this run is the original Star Wars trilogy. In this run, gender has no effect on encounters because there is an uneven number of male and female characters (because Leia is apparently the only female in the galaxy in Episodes IV-VI). For information about other Castlocke rulesets, see the link in my signature.
Some warnings before I begin: this is going to be a very casual run that might include some light story and maybe some character dialogue, but it's mainly going to focus on the basic gameplay of the run. I also have no intention of keeping any kind of continuity with the plot of the movies, since this is a Nuzlocke after all and there's no telling what will happen. I'm starting my "headcannon" for this story with the basic plot of a girl named Spectacles (Specs for short) starting her Pokemon journey and discovering that her Pokemon are actually the characters of Star Wars who have been thrown into the Pokemon world by the evil Darth Sidious's Force powers.

So, without further ado, here's the cast:

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Naive, Docile, Hasty, Modest
If Obi Wan and Yoda are both dead, Luke is allowed to add their unused Pokemon or any future pokemon with their natures to his own box so that he has more forms to choose from.
Luke is overly optimistic in battle and does not consider the possibility of critical hits or stat comparisons between himself and his opponent. He loses this negative trait if both his mentors die.
Event: Luke battles Darth Vader and his hand is cut off. Because of his injury, he can only use one offensive move until it has healed (after one gym badge) or after completing a successful double battle (or three single battles in pre-doubles games) with only Obi Wan or Yoda, since they will teach him to compensate for his injury. All non-offensive moves are still allowed.
[+] Spoiler
Naughty, Adamant, Lax, Rash
Han uses the Millennium Falcon to allow the team to run back to a Pokemon Center whenever they want, including in villain raids. Without him, the team cannot go back to the Pokemon center once entering a new route or area unless someone is killed (except in villain raids, where you must continue even if someone is killed).
For his first 2 badges on the team (3 badges if Leia is not on the team), Han will charge money to participate in any battle unless it is to help Chewie ($500 per battle). This does not apply if they are the only two members on the team or if they are the first ones out in a battle.
Event: Han is frozen in carbonite and is not revived until the next gym. Upon return, he is blind and must use random moves every turn until the next gym.
[+] Spoiler
Sassy, Bold, Serious, Brave
Leia can research the enemy’s team, or in the case of randomized trainers, allows one restart to determine the enemy’s first Pokemon.
Leia will refuse to allow the team to accept help from Han while he is charging for his service, including the use of the Millennium Falcon. She loses this trait if a team member dies because of this.
Event: Leia is captured by Jabba the Hut. She is either out until the next gym or Han can be offered in her place, where he can either be out until the next badge or killed (50/50)
[+] Spoiler
Hardy, Quiet, Bashful, Relaxed
Chewie can sacrifice himself to save Han at any point in the game. He can also grind past the level cap.
Chewie can only use damaging and stat boosting/lowering moves. No status/weather moves.
Event: The hyperdrive of the Millennium Falcon breaks and Chewie spends either $50,000 or 75% of the team’s money to fix it.
[+] Spoiler
Impish, Quirky, Timid, Jolly
If there are less than 6 Pokemon on the team, an extra R2D2 encounter from the box can be put into the team as C3PO until a full team can be obtained. This Pokemon will be permanently considered C3PO and cannot switch back to R2D2. C3PO can also change form with the defeat of gym badges if necessary.
Turn the volume off and cover the HP  bar when R2D2 is in battle, unless C3PO is on the team and can communicate his damage level to the team.
Event: R2D2 and C3PO (if he is on the team) are captured by Jawas and are either dismantled for parts (current form dies) or out of the team for the badge until they are rescued by the rest of the team (50/50 chance for each character).
[+] Spoiler
Calm, Careful, Gentle, Mild
This slot is first filled by Obi Wan. Once Obi Wan dies, he cannot come back to life and is instead replaced by Yoda. Yoda does not need to wait until the next gym to join the team. When Yoda dies, he also cannot be revived and C3PO or extra characters must be used to fill the last slot.
Obi Wan and Yoda allow the battle style to be switched from set to switch, because they can predict the opponent’s next move.
Obi Wan and Yoda have a 50% chance of sacrificing themselves for any fallen teammate.
Event: Obi Wan is killed fighting Darth Vader. Yoda succumbs to his age and fades away to join the force. If Obi Wan’s event was chosen after a gym, Yoda’s event can still happen in subsequent gyms.
[+] Spoiler
lonely; can only be on the team if Luke and Obi Wan’s events cannot happen anymore unless he is the only active character (starter/full team wipe)
Events happen after each gym badge if there have been no deaths since the last gym, and are chosen randomly. A character's event can only happen while they are active on the team.

In addition to the Castlocke rules, here are the regular Nuzlocke rules that are also in play here:

[+] Spoiler
1. If a Pokemon faints, it can no longer be used and must be permanently put in the Graveyard Box.
2. Only catch the first Pokemon seen in each area. 3 chances to catch a non-dupes mon. Shinies, gift Pokemon, and static encounters are considered freebies.
3. Legendaries can only be used if the master ball was not used to catch it.
4. Battle style is set (unless Obi Wan or Yoda is on the team)
5. You cannot go back to a Pokemon Center once you begin a new area (unless Han Solo is on the team and Leia is not preventing the use of his ability)
6. Pokemon cannot grind past the gym leader's strongest Pokemon (except for Chewie). Pokemon who exceed the level limit while fighting gym trainers are not in violation of this rule.
7. If all characters die, the run is over.
Finally, I included some information on the randomized aspects of the run:<br/>

[+] Spoiler
I used Dabomstew's Universal Pokemon Randomizer to randomize wild encounters, using the 'similar strength' mechanism to ensure I would not obtain overly powerful Pokemon that would make the game too easy. I also chose the "Area 1-1 Mapping" option, which means that each possible encounter in an area is replaced by one Pokemon. For example, on RT 201, instead of running into Bidoof and Starly, I might run into Jigglypuff and Wurmple. 

For starter Pokemon, I used the Custom option and used a random number generator to choose 3 reasonable choices for starters. Since the randomizer does not have a similar strength option for starters, I have often found myself with fully evolved or even legendary Pokemon as my only choices,
which makes the game too easy. I've also had issues where I've chosen a Pokemon only to find out that it has no attacking moves at Lv 5. To remedy this, I use the random number generator and check to see what Pokedex number I got. If it is an evolved Pokemon, I just take the lowest evolution and add it as one of my three custom options. If the Pokemon I pick is too strong, too weak, or has no offensive moves, I choose another random number until I have 3 viable options to choose from.

I did not randomize static encounters because I figured Palkia would be an appropriate enemy for the Star Wars characters as the god of space.

I randomized both the requested and given Pokemon for in-game  trades. With randomized encounters, I would be extremely lucky to have the Pokemon they're asking for anyway so if they trade me for an overpowered Pokemon I'll just call it crazy good luck.

I also used the randomizer's option to allow impossible evolutions so that Pokemon that evolve through trade or in other ways not available in Sinnoh,
they can still evolve through other ways.
And at last, here's the run:

[+] Spoiler
Episode I
Episode II
Episode III
Episode IV
Episode V
Episode VI
Episode VII
Episode VIII
Episode IX
Episode X
Episode XI
Episode XII
And holy smokes, a fan art section!
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Last edited by Spectacles on September 12th, 2018, 10:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Banner by the amazing Shiny Dustox!

A Castlocke featuring the characters of Star Wars, who have been turned into Pokemon. Their coping skills vary.
[+] Spoiler
The Castlocke (includes rulesets for My Little Pony: FIM and Teen Titans)
Les Miserables Castlocke
Wolf's Rain Castlocke
[+] Spoiler
The Kingdomlocke

nuzthemonkey
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

January 15th, 2018, 11:19 pm #2

I am extremely excited for this! You can tell cause I'm posting before the first update! :V: I was a fan of your Castlocke rule ever since you posted it in the Ruleset Discussion. I might try one of my own with Mario characters. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck.

P.S. pick chimchar and name him han solo plz

EDIT: wait are starters randomized too lol
[/url]
[+] Spoiler
[/big]

Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke

Pokemon Soulsilver Nuzlocke

Pokemon Y Nuzlocke

Pokemon Firered Nuzlocke

Pokemon White Nuzlocke

Pokemon Diamond Egglocke

Pokemon Black 2 Nuzlocke

Pok?mon Glazed Nuzlocke

Sora the Blue man
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym

January 16th, 2018, 1:49 am #3

Ooh,I'm interested by this,I'll be keeping an eye on this
[/center]
[+] Spoiler
This is mostly true
Hmm,usually in games
[+] Spoiler

(Gen 1 Complete)
[+] Spoiler
- made by the talented Uberle

Spectacles

January 16th, 2018, 2:01 am #4

[+] Replies already, holy cow guys!!
nuzthemonkey: I'm so glad you enjoy my ruleset and I would be honored to see someone else using it!! Mario characters would be a lot of fun! And yes, I can't get Chimchar as my starter, but you never know what the randomized wild encounters might be!

Sora the Blue man: I'm really glad your interested! I love your run with RubyClaw and I can't wait for the next update!
[+] Episode I (no not THAT Episode I, just open it)
Heroes of Space: Episode I

Enter Spectacles, a young girl who has always dreamed of being a trainer. Her family can't afford to get her a real starter but they've put in an application for a donated Pokemon to be sent to Professor Rowan's lab for her to have as her first partner. People donate their Pokemon for many reasons: it had the wrong nature, it was a catch that sat in the box unused, or maybe it bit someone or set a house on fire. But in this case, the Pokemon donated for a far more...strange reason.

(I forgot to take a screenshot of my trainer's name. I'm apparently already terrible at this. Not enough room for Spectacles, so her nickname Specs will have to do. As her name suggests, Specs wears glasses.)

And here's our rival, Mr. George Lucas himself. When he finds out that the Star Wars characters have come to this world, he will be desperate to steal them in order to put them in his prequels! We must not allow such a tragedy to happen!

As per my rules, I must change the battle style to set and fix this slow-ass text and the boring-ass text banner.

One minute in and there's already a lot of data to save. Arceus bless Sinnoh.

Ah, Georgie. Shouldn't you be using that money on your CGI? Or a screenwriter? (I promise I'll stop making fun of the prequels soon...probably...)

So we make our way to Lake Verity, George Lucas sniffing my hair as we go.

Oooooh I dun goofed with the rival name... Sorry folks, indeed. I forgot this kid's name is Lucas too...And his name will now, fittingly, be Lucas 2.

So here's our starter choices! For more information on how these were chosen, see my randomizer information from the original post. I felt like Rhyhorn was borderline too powerful for a starter, but it doesn't matter because I picked...............

Slowpoke! I wonder which character has the honor of inhabiting the body of the majestic Slowpoke. I hope it's Han.

Nope, it's everyone's favorite droid, R2D2! And I'll actually be able to nickname him as such since you don't get the option to nickname your starter until after Rowan gives you permission to have it. For all encounters after this, I unfortunately won't be able to nickname them until the name rater is available. Since I picked the placeholder for Chimchar, my rival will probably have Piplup, so we'll have dueling water types!

Now that I know who my starter is, it's time for some headcannon! Specs and George Lucas head to the lab together to get their starters. Rowan explains to Specs that her starter was donated because it suddenly became 'defective' one day. It mysteriously changed color to a strange blue and white pattern, began speaking in loud beeps, and played videos of a strange woman begging for help out of its mouth over and over again. While Rowan describes this, George Lucas's eyes glint maniacally... He tries to convince Rowan to let him take the Pokemon instead, but their Pokemon have already been registered under their trainer licenses and they must have a trade in order for them to switch. Specs nearly agrees to trade, but the poor Slowpoke starts making terrified beeping noises and runs off before the trade can be made...

Wait Turtwig?? That can't be right.

Ran into this little number a few times on the way to the lab. I better come back here and get one of these when I have Poke Balls, and it better be Han.

An interesting glitch that seems to happen with randomizers.

Headcannon: The Pokedex in this run is able to detect vessels that the characters are able to inhabit. The Pokedex sends each character's alternate forms to the PC for storage. It responds to gym badges, and begins to glow once one has been obtained, giving it the power to summon any dead characters as one of their boxed forms and transform living characters if they so desire. This power is temporary and fades after it has been used on all available characters until a new badge is obtained to give it another boost of power.

Specs finally finds where R2 ran off to. There he stood, beeping in joy in front of the Poke Mart, because it reminds him of his old body.

Specs takes Artoo inside to look around, and purchases some supplies for what the poor girl still thinks is going to be a normal Pokemon journey.

We head to Lake Varity for our first encounter. Please be Han, please be Han, please be Han.....

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE YOU ALL TO HAN SOLO, THE DREADED TINY PINK SMUGGLER!

Headcannon time! The Pokedex lights up, and Artoo suddenly waddles over excitedly to a very disgruntled looking Whismur wearing strange clothes and fiddling with what looked like a very small gun. The Whismur looks up and sees the beeping Slowpoke, and his mouth drops open in shock.
Han: Oh, R2...please don't tell me that's you.
R2D2: *beeps excitedly and plays Leia's message to Obi Wan out of his mouth*
Han: Yeah, that's you alright. Great. So this isn't a dream...
Specs: *nervously* Um... I have some questions-
Han: Not now, Four Eyes. I have to figure out how the hell I ended up in this mess. How am I supposed to shoot my blaster with these stubby arms?
Specs: ...I-I'm sorry to bother you, but are you from Star Wars?
Han: Am I from WHAT?
Specs: Um, you know... Is your name Han Solo?
Han: How do you know my name? Do I owe you money? I'll have it next week; these things take time and-
Specs: No, no! I know you guys from the movies. And I think you're in danger if you stay here...There's a man named George Lucas who lives here and he's obsessed with Star Wars. I think he might try to kidnap you guys and put you in his movies. He already tried to take R2D2 earlier today.
R2D2: *angry beeps*
Han: You're talkin' real weird, Four Eyes. Just where the hell are we anyway?
Specs: Um, I-I think you're too upset to hear the answer to that question right now.
Han: How much more 'upset' can I possibly get?! I'm PINK!

*suddenly, Artoo runs off toward Rt 201, beeping like crazy and eager to get on with the gameplay* Specs lifts a furious Han into her arms and takes off after him.

Turns out, R2 sensed Obi Wan Kenobi nearby!

Obi Wan: R2, old friend. I'm very glad to see a familiar face...Well, more or less.
Han: You're here too?! Maybe you can tell me just what the heck is going on here. This girl here seems to think we're in some kind of trouble.
Obi Wan: I'm afraid I haven't the slightest idea of where we are or how we ended up here. But I am afraid that the girl might be right.
Specs: This is the Sinnoh region, and I'm pretty sure that's a far way away from where you guys are from. And I don't now how this happened, but I think you guys got turned into Pokemon.
Han: PokeWHAT?!
Specs: P-Pokemon! They're the creatures that inhabit this world. Humans catch Pokemon in Poke Balls, and they work together with trainers to battle other Pokemon and become stronger.
Han: That sounds waaaay too much like slavery to me. I'm getting outta here.
Obi Wan: Wait, Han. We need to listen to what the child has to say.
Han: Listen here, old man. Just because I'm a pink puffball doesn't mean I have to start taking orders from a blue puffball.
Obi Wan: If we're all here, then that must mean that Luke and Leia are here somewhere. And Chewbacca too. They could be in danger, and this child could be our only hope to help them.
Han: ...Fine.
Specs: I'll do everything I can to help, but I'm just as confused as you guys. Well, almost as confused. I haven't figured out how to get you guys back to your world yet, but I can help you look for your other friends. But in order to make it through this world, you guys are gonna have to get stronger. Wild Pokemon and trainers are gonna be trying to fight us the whole time. I can teach you to control your powers...i-if you'll let me, that is.
Obi Wan: How strange life is... I have not been a student in a long, long time. I look forward to... my training.
Han: I can't wait until I can figure out how to hold this blaster so I can shoot myself...

So our strange crew continues on.

Running low on cash. Not good for Han's negative trait (For those who don't feel like scrolling, Han charges money every time he has to participate in battle for the first 3 badges he's with the team, unless he was out first or if he's switching in to help Chewie.)

Which reminds me: now that we have Obi Wan, we can change from set to switch.

So Lucas 2 has a Chimchar, which means maybe George really does have a Turtwig... I wonder if the game just sensed that I had a water type and ran with it? I still haven't quite figured out the randomizer completely. I also forgot to mention in my randomizing information that I randomized the catching tutorial for the heck of it, hence the Swinub.

We continue on to Rt 202, where we find...

...A large, furry Nidoran named Chewie! Wow I'm getting really good luck with unlocking characters so far.

Han: Chewie, buddy, am I glad to see you!!!
Chewie: *roars*
Han: Don't even ask, you do NOT want to know.

Anyway, since our poor cast now has some training to do (and since writing this took a lot longer than I thought it would), I think I'll end this episode here. I hope you all enjoyed, and hopefully I'll have the next episode done soon! Any comments or advice are greatly appreciated, especially since this is my first posted run! Thanks for reading!

A Castlocke featuring the characters of Star Wars, who have been turned into Pokemon. Their coping skills vary.
[+] Spoiler
Les Miserables Castlocke
Wolf's Rain Castlocke
[+] Spoiler
The Kingdomlocke

Sora the Blue man

January 16th, 2018, 2:17 am #5

I like this,and thanks,I like this run,and the smell storytelling makes me smile,and a tiny Whismur Han Solo with his gun,yes please
[/center]
[+] Spoiler
This is mostly true
Hmm,usually in games
[+] Spoiler

(Gen 1 Complete)
[+] Spoiler

Uberle
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

January 16th, 2018, 3:34 am #6

This ruleset is amazing.

Also when I saw you named the rival Lucus I wondered how long it would be until you realized you may have dun goofed.
Didn't take too long.
Not a locke, but still worth checking out
Current Run
Unfamiliar Faces, a White 2 Neverlocke

RubyClaw
Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym

January 16th, 2018, 6:53 pm #7

Woohoo! I've been waiting for this run for a long time. I can't wait to see a Castlocke in action.

Looking great Spec, the team is really gathering up. I think you got the best possible combination of characters so far. Luke is problematic early on anyway, and Leia is nice with Han, but not crucial. Like Sora said, Whismur Han sounds just awesome.

Good luck!
Generation 1: Blue, Yellow
Generation 2: Gold, Silver, Crystal
Generation 3: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, FireRed
Generation 4: Diamond, Pearl, SoulSilver
Generation 5: Black Black 2
Generation 6: X
Generation 7: Sun
[+] Spoiler

Banner made by the talented Uberle

River Aboard

January 16th, 2018, 7:06 pm #8

This is such an interesting rule set! The little stage directions, such as the moments when you give a certain character a background story, remind me a lot of other runs of this kind (like, for the sake of an example, Dungeons & Dragonites). However, this still feels like an universe of its own, and it's very well done.

I must say, just like the previous commenters appreciated, that having Han Solo as a Whismur is great. It's hilarious, somehow, but also ironic.
I used to have a run in here, maybe I'll get back to that later. Also some kind of Pokemon RPG that is sincerely kind of dead so... yeah.

nuzthemonkey

January 16th, 2018, 10:35 pm #9

Yes. YES. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I knew there would be quality jokes in this but personalities for individual pokemon too! Thank you for this. Also just a thought, maybe you could give the individual mons their own color, so we know who is talking. I don't know, it's just a nitpick of mine, with other runs I read using that methodology. Your choice though, because I don't care too much, as long as you keep uploading high-quality content.
[/url]
[+] Spoiler
[/big]

Pokemon Y Nuzlocke

Pokemon Firered Nuzlocke

Pokemon White Nuzlocke

Pokemon Diamond Egglocke

Pokemon Black 2 Nuzlocke

Pok?mon Glazed Nuzlocke

Shiny Dustox
Conqueror of the Lavaridge Gym
Conqueror of the Lavaridge Gym

January 18th, 2018, 5:15 pm #10

Ooh, this is interesting! I'm mostly neutral with Star Wars, but your ruleset does look fun and I think this is the first time I've seen a castlocke. I do just have one concern; you mentioned in your rules that reaching the League is a checkpoint for reviving dead characters. Does that mean reviving fainted mons? Cause that's definitely a no-no for a Nuzlocke run.

But yeah, good luck with the run!

art by AgentNein
[+] Current Team
Liam Tierra Virgil Bree Aurora Helena
To view my Completed Runs, feel free to visit The Insectarium.

Spectacles

January 19th, 2018, 3:48 am #11

Hey guys, Episode II coming right up! But first, I wanted to say a big thank you to my friend RubyClaw for helping me so much on these forums. He taught me how to take screenshots and post them, and helped me choose which fictional universe to use for my first posted Castlocke, and helped me brainstorm while I was coming up with the rules. He and Sora the Blue man are doing a really intense Cagelocke right now, and I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't already!
[+] Replies
Sora the Blue man: I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! Yep, I was truly blessed with Whismur Han. If I was even half way decent at drawing I would totally draw a picture of him and his little blaster in his nub arms.

Uberle: Yeah I can't believe I did that. And I really have no excuse because I've played these games many, many times before.

RubyClaw: Glad to have you here! :) And yes, I'm absolutely thrilled with my team and I'm surprised I haven't gotten any duplicates yet! Whismur Han is definitely my favorite part so far though. Even if I get a really cool alternate for him I probably won't change him because it's just too funny.

Vaslekib: I'm really glad you're enjoying it so far. Honestly I'm really surprised about all the plot building stuff because I never really intended on putting much story or dialogue in it, but it just came to me as I went. Hopefully that keeps happening!

nuzthemonkey: Loving the enthusiasm! I'll try the different colors method and see if I can figure it out!

Shiny Dustox: Not to worry! Reaching the league is like beating a gym, when characters can come back as another Pokemon from their reserve box. Hopefully this will make more sense as the run continues on. Any individual Pokemon who die will stay dead, but characters can be revived as different Pokemon. But I do twist the death rule slightly with the character traits (with Obi Wan and Yoda being able to sacrifice themselves for fallen teammates and Chewie being able to sacrifice himself for Han), but I'm still losing a Pokemon regardless so I think it's still fair.
[+] Episode II

Heroes of Space: Episode II

So to recap, here's the team (and my attempt at adding some color to this):
R2D2-Slowpoke
Han Solo- Whismur
Obi Wan Kenobi- Marill
Chewbacca- Nidoran (male)

I wish there were more options for colors on this, like brown for Chewie or maybe silver for Han. Unless I'm just missing something. Oh well.

AND NOTHING LIKE A NICE GRINDING DEATH TO WRECK THE TEAM RECAP I JUST MADE OH NO!!!
It was Chewie :( He had 7/15 lives left and this thing kept spamming Defense Curl and as you can see I had that thing down to NIGH INVISIBLE HP and it crit Tackled Chewie and killed him. I was still on Turbo mode for grinding so I couldn't even get a decent screenshot; it just happened so fast.

I'll give you 3 guesses as to who I sent out to avenge him, and the first two don't count.

Han- I know you guys have a different way of doing things around here, and I'm supposed to use 'Pound' or whatever, but where I come from, we have another way of dealing with alien freaks like you. *fires blaster*

I'd like to add that killing that Marill brought Han to level 5 and caused him to learn Uproar. Already a badass, even as a wailing pink blob.

Specs: It's okay guys! He just fainted; we have to take him to a Pokemon Center.

But, upon arrival at the Pokemon Center, Nurse Joy had some bad news.

Joy: I'm very sorry to have to tell you this, but despite all our best efforts to revive him, it seems that your Nidoran won't regain consciousness. I'm afraid he's passed away. This kind of thing isn't completely unheard of, but it's very rare and I've certainly never seen such a case before in my clinic. Normally Pokemon who die have suffered grave trauma in battle, but your Nidoran hardly seemed to have any physical damage. Although he was a very... unusual looking specimen, so there may have been some kind of undiagnosed illness at play, but no such abnormalities showed up on any of his tests. We just recently received orders from the League Champion about situations such as these, and we were told to report it and recommend that the trainer donate the body to research the phenomenon. Of course, he was your Pokemon so you are free to do whatever you feel is best.

Specs: Th-thank you for everything you did, but I think his friends would like to help to bury him.

Joy: Of course. Please let us know if you have any trouble and we'll send you a team of Digging Pokemon to help you. I'm so sorry again for your loss.

Han: I hate this damn planet. I'll kill every Marill there is, just watch me.
Obi Wan: Wait Han. Things are not what they seem here. I still sense Chewbacca's presence somewhere in this land.
Han: You're just saying that so I don't fire a blaster at you next.
It's true; I feel it in The Force. I know you're angry, but we must be very careful from now on. There are many dangers in this world...
and in our own. It stands to reason that if we were brought to this world, our enemies could be here with us.

Solemnly, our heroes continue on to Jubilife City, where they hope to find the rest of their friends.

OR DARTH FREAKIN VADER!! Holy smokes guys. I know it might not seem like a big deal because I'm sure this is the first time you're seeing a Castlocke play out, but I've played through an entire Castlocke before without ever catching the extra character. 1/25 is pretty damn uncommon. But alas, as per my rules, Vader can't be on the team unless Obi Wan is dead and Luke's event either has already happened or cannot happen anymore, or if all other characters are dead.

So he gets put in the Vader box for now! The first character box I've had to make. Pretty cool! Volcano background for obvious reasons. Uh oh. I just referenced a George Lucas film...

Oh no, I've summoned him. But it looks like there's no battle here, just a conversation. All talk and no action, just like the... ah, nevermind.

In other news, those two little training school brats with their evil Abras gave me some issues. Whatever Hidden Power type they had was super effective against R2, and it clearly took out a nice chunk of damage. And I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone of R2's negative trait: I have to cover the HP bar and turn off the volume when he's in battle so that I don't know how much damage he's taken. So thankfully I played it safe and switched him out or else he would have been a goner. (Side note: it takes some crazy hand movements to keep than damn HP bar covered while you're trying to take screenshots).

Thankfully the Hidden Power ended up not being super effective against Obi Wan or I would have had to pay Han to step in, and I don't have a whole lot of money at the moment.

Got a nifty Poketch! I like keeping it on this screen and I think it'll help you guys keep track of the team.

Oh boy, it's finally here; the first battle with George Lucas. Time to finally find out if he really has a Turtwig like Professor Rowan said. I hope not or I'll have to pay Han to step in.

So I guess I forgot to take any screenshots of R2 fighting the Starly, oops. Too busy covering that HP bar I guess. But it was boring anyway; he didn't have any trouble.

Rowan was wrong! It is water vs. water. Although it's not Artoo; I wasn't sure how much damage he took from the Tackles though so I switched him just in case. Turns out he hardly took any damage but oh well.

Alright Obi Wan, enough missing Tackles, use the Force.

Had to use a Potion, but we did it!

Here's our encounter for Rt 203, pretty cool! I wonder who it's gonna be.

And ladies and gentlemen, we have Frog Princess Leia. This game has been much, much too kind to me. Absolute perfection. I would like to ask everyone to join me in picturing a Croagunk in a long white dress and the Leia hair buns. Gold. Pure gold. I bow to the nuzlocke gods.

R2D2: *beeps excitedly*
Leia: So this is where everyone's been?
Han: ...Leia? Is that you? Wow, finally a look to match your personality!
Leia: Me?! What about you?! You're the most ridiculous thing I've seen in my entire life, and I won't hear another word about me!
Han: Nooo way princess, I need something to laugh about while I'm in this mess, and you just gave it to me.
Leia: Laugh all you want, Han. But while you've been fooling around with that toy gun of yours, I've been researching this place.
And my type is super effective against yours. So watch yourself, Solo. Or you'll be turning more colors besides pink.

Han: Super effective, my a-
Obi Wan: Can we reschedule this banter to another time? I believe we should inform the Princess on our current situation.
Leia: Obi Wan! Thank goodness, someone with sense is here. Please, tell me everything you know.
Obi Wan: This is not an easy feat, my dear. Much has happened since we last spoke. Most concerning is that Chewbacca fell in battle, and given the mystery of our current state, it remains unclear if there is a way for him to come back to us. We have also yet to find Luke, though I know he must be here somewhere. We've been travelling with this trainer here called Spectacles, who has been teaching us how to use our new powers. I'm sure she will help you train as well.
Specs: I will! Um, nice to meet you, Princess. *bows*
Leia: Thank you for helping my friends. We'll need allies like you to help us through this strange situation.
Obi Wan: It also appears as though we're being stalked by some George Lucas character.
Specs: Th-That's an extremely difficult thing to explain. It would probably be best if we just left it at that.

Anyway, that's enough headcannon for now! Catching Leia means I can now research things. So I can look up when Artoo and Obi Wan finally learn a stinkin water move (Level 11 and 10, respectively, thank goodness). And the name rater is in Eterna City, which is thankfully close and then yall don't have to keep looking at nameless Pokemon. Onto Oreburgh Gate for another encounter!

Ooooh I love Electrike.

IT'S LUKE.
HOLY SMOKES.
HOLY SMOKES GUYS.
THAT'S THE WHOLE CAST.
Holy smokes guys. You don't even understand. You've all just witnessed Castlocke HISTORY. I have not had a single duplicate character encounter. I even got Darth Vader with ONE NATURE. Every single encounter I got was a new character. Sometimes it even takes me until the third badge to get a full team, let alone a full team and the extra character. I'm totally geeking out. Yall don't even understand. Do your own Castlockes; I guarantee you this will not happen. And if it does please tell me and I'll eat my hat, my coat, and my scarf. Wow.

Full team screenie!!! Well, kind of. We just need to beat a gym and find a new Chewie.

R2D2: *beeps happily*
Luke:Artoo! I was wondering where you wandered off to! Well, I guess we all kind of wandered off to this strange place.
Han:I know you missed us kid but did you have to go and paralyze half the team about it?
Luke: I'm sorry, I'm still not used to this new body. But I'm so happy I found you guys! I've been stuck in this cave for so long now, and I've always hated caves... (Let me know if you think this is too hard to read. I'm running out of options with the few colors I have).
Obi Wan: It's good to see you, Luke. But I'm afraid we still have challenges to face. We'll explain more while we get through this cave,
but as of right now I'm afraid we don't have much of a direction.
Specs: Maybe we can ask a gym leader for advice? They and the Elite Four and Champion are the authority figures here, and if anyone knows what to do it would be them.

Well i was really expecting to show you guys a little about how the reserve box system works, because I think the Castlocke ruleset might be a little confusing before you actually see it play out. But since we got INSANELY lucky with encounters, that hasn't happened yet. So I'll get my catch on Rt 207 now before I end the episode.

WELP. That would be an R2 encounter, and we need an extra teammate, so everyone say hello to C3PO.
What. Is. This. Run.
The only possible character we didn't get yet is Yoda, and that's because Obi Wan has to be dead for him to exist. This is nuts, folks. Totally nuts.
I can't do any more headcannon right now. This post already took ten times longer than I thought because I wasn't expecting to introduce THE WHOLE REST OF THE CAST. We'll get some Threepio next time, I promise.

I was actually gonna head to the Mines to get what would HAVE to be my first extra encounter after I trained Luke and Threepio, but my computer Blue Screen of Death-ed me right in the middle of training. Thankfully I save like a crazy person so I didn't lose anything, but I took it as a sign to stop.

So next time we'll give C3PO his character introduction, we'll get the Oreburgh Mines encounter, and we'll take on the first gym! Exciting stuff!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

[+] Spoiler
Les Miserables Castlocke
Wolf's Rain Castlocke
[+] Spoiler
The Kingdomlocke

Sora the Blue man

January 19th, 2018, 4:03 am #12

Chewie will be back soon enough if you beat the gym,and you have a full team now,that's cool and that's rare?Wow,I'm enjoying this so I hope it all goes well
[/center]
[+] Spoiler
This is mostly true
Hmm,usually in games
[+] Spoiler

(Gen 1 Complete)
[+] Spoiler

River Aboard

January 19th, 2018, 4:07 am #13

Oh, darn! It's a shame that Chewie had to go; I try to avoid using the turbo button, even while grinding, as it completely makes my concentration null. As for the dialogue with Joy, could I make a suggestion? Maybe it's just a tidbit, but you could make NPC dialogue bold or underlined so that it doesn't get too confusing? I mean, I don't have a problem with you remarking the name of the one who's talking; it's necessary, considering that the cast can be easily forgotten without their names being shown, but it felt pretty tiring on that opportunity.

As for Luke's color text, maybe try a lighter variation of

Code: Select all

[green] and a deeper variation of [blue]
? As in, something like this! Or, just a simple green text color, since Obi Wan has lightblue already? Either way, it's great that you already have the full cast; this is literally an awesome chance to enhance shenanigans.
I used to have a run in here, maybe I'll get back to that later. Also some kind of Pokemon RPG that is sincerely kind of dead so... yeah.

Uberle

January 19th, 2018, 4:56 am #14

I just hear R2-D2's beeps in my head everytime this one says something
Not a locke, but still worth checking out
Current Run
Unfamiliar Faces, a White 2 Neverlocke

Memento
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym

January 19th, 2018, 7:41 am #15

This is something I've never seen before. Sorry about Chewie, but it seems like your team is rounding out quite well. You at least have someone to surf on (if R2 survives that long. Heh. Thinking about R2 carrying you across water gives me awesome mental images.

Your story is very light-hearted for sure, and I'm enjoying it. Granted, Chewie's death is sad, but knowing his persona's still there makes it so that we can see him again. And the conversations are quite fun.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the later episodes.

nuzthemonkey

January 19th, 2018, 10:07 pm #16

The colours are working out great! I like that you're incorporating some story into this with the explanation of death. I also think it's cool that the characters are aware of them being Pokemon. Not Chewie! That damn Marill! Well, may he rest in peace and his spirit move on to another body (otherwise somebody is gonna start losing money real fast).
[/url]
[+] Spoiler
[/big]

Pokemon Y Nuzlocke

Pokemon Firered Nuzlocke

Pokemon White Nuzlocke

Pokemon Diamond Egglocke

Pokemon Black 2 Nuzlocke

Pok?mon Glazed Nuzlocke

Alba Corbina
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

January 20th, 2018, 2:54 am #17

This rule-set is fascinating! And combining it with Star Wars is already super entertaining.

Since you're running out of colors, I'll point you to two websites that have a bunch more color codes:

http://www.absitomen.com/index.php?topic=331.0

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Aetheris/topic/1091810/1/
Whitney's Successor: A Normal Monolocke of Heart Gold

Sandy----------Red Baron----------Simon-----------Bianca------------Athena--------Antauri
[+] Spoiler
Nature Vs. Nurture 2: A Terrible Nature-Locke of Emerald

Calypso--Mothra--Zelgadis-Amelia--Stitch

Banner made by the awesome Shiny Dustox
[+] Spoiler

Brittany--------------------Vera-----------------Hanzo----------------Selina----------------Darwin-----------------Chucky
Frayed Reality: A Randomized Platinum Nuzlocke

Frost-------------Francis----------Strider-------------Zuri

MagicMarky
Johto League Champion
Johto League Champion

January 20th, 2018, 4:06 am #18

Unique rulset combined with a franchise I thoroughly like! Surprised this isn’t using the sequel trilogy characters and the rival’s name isn’t Rian.

Looking forward to how it develops. I’ll be watching.
[+] Spoiler
My FC: 5172-1071-2125

Special thanks to Shiny Dustox for the poster!
[+] Spoiler

QuietGuardian

January 20th, 2018, 4:24 am #19

Well, now. This is an interesting run! The idea of a Castlocke is neat, and I believe you when you say it's super rare for the whole cast to be brought together so soon. (Though hopefully you can get another Chewie before long.) Also, Star Wars is very much yes. I actually like the prequels, mostly, but there's no denying the original trilogy is the best.

I would strongly recommend changing Luke's color; green and blue are too similar to go together legibly like that. Fortunately, there are plenty of colors available, if you look around a bit. Or you could do something like green and yellow—though I realize that would mean using a non-Luke-lightsaber color.

I'm interested to see where this eventually goes, so keep it up!

RubyClaw

January 20th, 2018, 7:00 am #20

Thank you so much for your kind words Specs! I appreciate it.

Wow your luck with natures is crazy! You got the 1/25 Vader (when you first showed me the rules I thought that could never happen), and a full team (of pretty nice mons if I might add).

I'm loving Frog Princess Leia (and can't get enough of imagining her) though Whismur Han is still my favorite.

P.S. I suggest changing Luke's font, it is a bit hard to read.
Generation 1: Blue, Yellow
Generation 2: Gold, Silver, Crystal
Generation 3: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen, FireRed
Generation 4: Diamond, Pearl, SoulSilver
Generation 5: Black Black 2
Generation 6: X
Generation 7: Sun
[+] Spoiler

Banner made by the talented Uberle