Hi everyone! I'm Hazard, I've done a few Nuzlockes with varying degrees of success (i.e. 1/871346 success rate - woo!) but never documented one before. Having lurked around and read a few challenges, I was inspired to make my own!
SO I'm going to do a Pokemon Glazed Monolocke - one of my favourite ROM hacks thus far - with Poison being my type. notice me Koga-senpai...
Hope you guys enjoy!
- [+] The Monolocke Commandments
- (as inspired by Shiny Dustox and his hilariously entertaining Storm Silver Buglocke)
1. Thou shalt catch the first wild Pokemon encounter per area, as long as it is of the Poison typing. If thou dost fail for what ever reason, tough.
2. Thou shalt treat thy fainted Pokemon as dead, and consigneth them to the PC for the remainder of the challenge.
3. Thou mayst accept Gift Pokemon but, unless they be of the Poison typing, thou shalt not use them.
4. Thou shalt use Dupes Clause, for there are only so many Zubats a man can endure.
5. Thou shalt use Shiny Clause, but treat it as Gift Pokemon (no Poison, no using).
6. Legendaries are RIGHT OUT.
7. For every area where no Poison-types dwell, thou shalt receive one token, up to a limit of two. A token may be used as an additional catch chance for an area where there be Poison-types.
Let the games begin!
- [+] Contents
- Chapter 0.99 - Unfresh Beginnings
Chapter 2 - Of Mice and Mudkips
Chapter 3 - Punk Hazard
Chapter 3b - Best Before End
- [+] Chapter 0.99 - Unfresh Beginnings
Tunod = 'donut' backwards. Because 'Glazed'. Glazed donuts. *sensible chuckling ensues*
Usual introductory spiel, see all Pokemon games.
I am he.
And the adventure begins... But where are we? Ah, hello there, good sir, could you tell me-
...What in the name of Articuno's frozen giblets?!
Back to normality, with no explanation whatsoever...
Our first (illegal) Pokemon - which will be swapped out for a Poison-type as soon as we get one. In the meantime...
Neptune the Piplup joins the party! Huzzah!
So our journey begins with some scarf-wearing Pikachu talking smack to Ma and Pa (how dare he.) PRODIGAL SON TO THE RESCUE.
Okay, I know the'locke hasn't officially started since we have no Poison-types in the party (or Pokeballs for that matter) but I will be DAMNED if I let this cocky-ass scrub waltz all over me with his critical hit Thundershocks. So I'mma heal up and-
I am not a smart man. Forgetting to pick up the hidden potion in the grass behind me.
Thanks to the incompetent AI, he goes for Growl instead of TShock and Neptune boops him for the win.
GIFTS ALL AROUND.
Take 2: Our journey begins and is immediately interrupted by our first rival and his hyperactive Cyndaquil.
Hair level: Yu-Gi-Oh.
Needless to say, Neptune puts him in his place too. And he hasn't even learned any Water moves yet.
Welcome to Chocco Town. Home to a happiness judge, a statue of Mew, picturesque scenery...
...and this rude asshole.
I take it back. He's a generous asshole.
Stocking up on the essentials before heading out again. Shame there's no Antidotes...
Introducing the resident villains of the game, Team Fusion!
Introducing Blake, resident badass and one of the Tunod Elite Four. As if having a Darkrai wasn't enough to make that clear.
My Milkshake brings all the boys to the Swamp...
FIRST ENCOUNTER - the Monolocke is underway!
Kaa - the snake from The Jungle Book.
Since the first route we were on (where we fought Percy and that Pikachump) had no Poison-Types on it, we have a counter to spend, so we get another catch in the Swamp.
Erik - aka Cobra of Oracion Seis, a Fariy Tail reference.
And that's where I'll wrap things up for today. I know I said I would box Neptune as soon as I caught a legit Pokemon but I want to hold onto him until Erik and Kaa have gotten a bit of training under their weight.
Or I could actually play by my rules and start grinding them anyway.
What do you guys think?
In any case, thanks for reading!