[CRUEL] Dark and Difficult Times Lie Ahead

Rapunzel
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

January 25th, 2016, 5:57 am #1

Hi guys! Reborn was making me angry so I'm taking a deep breath and diving into the new Communitylocke. I'm not expecting to make it very far because I'm really bad at competitive battling, but whatever. Should be a lot more fun than perfect coverage and IVs everywhere and then complete bullshit boosts on top of that ugghhghggh.

[+] Rules, copypasted from the main thread
Any Pokemon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or put in the Box permanently.

The player may only catch the first Pokemon encountered in each area, and none else. Dupes Clause is on.

Players must also nickname all of their Pokemon. Mine will be after characters from the Harry Potter series.

Wiping out will be the same as losing. Obviously, this DOESN'T count for battles between competitors.

After every successful Gym Battle, the competitors will fight against each other in a pokemon battle (Mostly by Pokemon Showdown) with their respective teams. That means, that they'll play with their Pokemons at their respective levels, stats, and moves.
Obviously, Nuzlocke rules are applied on these battles, and special rules will be applied to make the battles as fair as possible:

That includes:
- Level caps after each gym: Every Pokemon MUST be at the same level to fight.
- Starters are forbidden to use in versus battles until the 4th gym is cleared.
- Limited teams, depending on how the game progresses (The number of Pokemon used on each combat will be decide after deciding which game will be nuzlocked.)

Every pokemon that fulfills these requisites can battle.

If there still are competitors after the last battle, the winner of this event will be decided by a Tournament among the game winners.
They'll use their remaining mons from the battle against the Champion, and the winner will be decided among the survivors.
[+] The Mons Who Lived

I want a Lanturn. Lanturn are badass.

As always

The archnemesis of any Potter fan and anyone with half a brain.

yup.

Is anybody surprised? Anybody? Didn’t think so.

Naturally, I named the starter after the protagonist of the series.

This went about as it always does. Pay no attention to the close call.
Insert the other free Potion and the fetchquest because let’s face it I don’t care and neither do you.
Harry did learn Incendio Ember, though.

Route 1 catch. Named after Peter Pettigrew, the Death Eater who used to be Harry’s father’s best friend until he threw in with Voldemort and betrayed them, resulting in their deaths and the arrest of their other best friend Sirius. He also spent twelve years disguised as Ron’s pet rat.

Route 2. Hermione’s Harry’s best friend, super smart to the point where it can get pretty deus-ex-machina-ish. Can you tell I don’t really like her much?

Route 22 gives us Harry’s fat mean cousin, who starts up boxing in Order of the Phoenix. He also gets to be less of a douchebag later in the series. And gg Brock :)

Viridian Forest YAAAAAS. Sibyl Trelawney is Harry’s Divination teacher. She’s basically completely nuts and all her prophecies look like bullshit… until you think about them really, really hard.

I’m kind of hype about Butterfree. I’ve brought several to the E4- I know they’re fragile but with the right moveset, enough care, and a little luck, they can be badasses.

woot

The team before the Cullen fight

Always a nice feeling when you get a burn off.

And Dudley kicks things so hard they cease to exist.

Damn, that did NOTHING. :ohdear:

Dudley’s already-low Defense was not being helped by Squirtle spamming Tail Whip, so Wormtail came in to help finish it off.

I am the superior literary phenomenon.

And the world was fucked forever :)

Dudley learned Karate Chop, Harry learned Metal Claw, and Wormtail learned Hyper Fang too. I just missed the screenshots because I was turbo grinding and I really suck at screenshotting.

This should be good for Brock. The plan is for Dudley to beat the crap out of everything. Harry’s leading for Brock’s little fanboy.

I’m Harry Potter, I’m totally awesome, I laugh at your type advantage.

fite me

hiiiii-YAH.

Onix is so big and cool-looking. It’s a shame it’s absolute crap.

OH SHIT DUDLEY.

Oh. Okay. I grossly underestimated Mankey’s Defenses. I know they’re bad but apparently they’re not that bad.

Much victory was had! Much beer was consumed!

hell to the yeah

That seems like a good place to leave off.
[+] The Team

> adamant

Well, I can’t use him yet anyway, and his Special Attack isn’t that bad. It’s still higher than his Attack, at least.

WHY IS EVERYONE FUCKING ADAMANT? I was planning on using Trelawney for the PVP battle but looking at that nature is making me have second thoughts. I might still go for it, though. She’s got the same thing going on as Harry- despite the absolute shit nature, her Special Attack isn’t that bad. And at least she didn’t get any defense drops. And Compoundeyes Sleep Powder makes pretty much everything a moot point anyway.

I don’t think I’ll be using Hermione much once I start getting more diversity because I’m not that big a fan of the Pidgey line. Naïve could definitely be worse, though.

Why do I keep getting bad natures? Why? I’ll probably box Dudley before too long, too, just because a Mankey/Primeape with lowered Defense is probably going to die anyway.

Jolly’s actually a decent nature. I can work with Jolly. Next to Harry, Wormtail’s probably the best I’ve got.
I'll try to make my screenshots less obnoxious in the next parts. I'm trying out a new emulator and I didn't realize how big the pictures would be. Sorry. :sweatdrop:
It's only funny until someone gets set on fire... then it's hilarious.
Friend Code: 0232-9396-7975

THIS IS IT, THE APOCALYPSE: A Pokemon Reborn Half-Nuzlocke

Dresden - Emilia - Ginny
Adonis - Ronette - Larxene

Dark And Difficult Times Lie Ahead: LeafGreen Crueltylocke

Harry - Vernon - Sprout - Draco - Hagrid - Luna

DerogatoryTrainer
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym

January 26th, 2016, 1:35 am #2

You are very right about Reborn.

Anyway this seems like an interesting idea

WIN IT ALL RAPUNZEL!

[+] Also save the name Fawkes because

Your experience may differ from those participating

[+] Spoiler
Full of that Derogatory goodness you all know and love!
[+] Spoiler

The filler arc to end all filler arcs is here!

Can the Derogatory Trainer save Hoenn? Will he even try?

Stay tuned to find out!

wedward45
Conqueror of the Dewford Gym
Conqueror of the Dewford Gym

January 26th, 2016, 4:27 am #3

You don't need to convince me about Butterfree. I read Petty's nuzlocke.

Good luck.
"Cunning can do duty for thought up to a point. And then you die."
-Havelock Vetinari

Rapunzel

January 30th, 2016, 4:54 pm #4

[+] Replies
DerogatoryTrainer wrote:You are very right about Reborn.

Anyway this seems like an interesting idea

WIN IT ALL RAPUNZEL!

[+] Also save the name Fawkes because
I mean I'm enjoying it as weird and conveluted as the story can get but sometimes I need to not take WEEKS to beat a Gym y'know?

FUCK YEAH I WILL maybe

I hardly ever catch Legendaries but I will see what I can do!
wedward45 wrote:You don't need to convince me about Butterfree. I read Petty's nuzlocke.

Good luck.
I'm just worried she might not be the best plan for the PVP parts of the challenge. She's wrecking all kinds of ass though, even with the detrimental nature. So that's a good thing :)

Thanks!
[+] Yer a Gangsta Harry

Shoes get!

And now it’s time to enter the most horrific place known to man or mon, worse than any Chamber of Secrets or graveyard or hidden cave full of zombies Inferi they’re totally fucking zombies

AAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAHoh wait it’s over.

Named after Hannah Abbot, a Hufflepuff girl in Harry’s year. I wanted to save the main characters for stuff I’d actually use. Also my second encounter was a Jigglypuff >.<

I’m also going to pass on the Magikarp. Gen 3 Gyarados really isn’t that good and I want a Water type that can win and stuff.

FUCK YES. My Mount Moon catch was EXACTLY what I wanted! Named after Rubeus Hagrid, gamekeeper at Hogwarts and the first person to tell Harry he’s a wizard and treat him like a human being. fucking Dursleys. He won’t help me much against Misty but his defense and coverage will be magical against other stuff and also I fucking hate the Zubat line.

All caught up with the rest of the team! :)
Side note: I feel like I’m running into a LOT of Geodudes and Paras and not quite as many FUCKING ZUBAT. Am I having very strange luck or did BlackDragoon edit the encounters?

You can have them, man, by Cinnabar I have no desire to grind anything from Level 5.

boom.

Not boom.

Also not boom.

Let sleeping gods lie.

Route 4 catch. Named after one of the Chasers on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. In retrospect I probably should have gone for the Magikarp since the only non-dupe on this route is a type I’ve got covered. Oops.

And then it was time to kick sparkly ass. I always forget this rival battle exists. Derp.

Mmm fried chicken.

Hermione why aren’t you doing any damage at all?
[+] Spoiler
This is at least partly because I misclicked and left Harry in, and it got a Withdrawn in on the switch. But mostly because Hermione is sucking it up.

Thanks Trelawney.

This is called free EXP.

If it weren’t for priority that hurts kind of a lot, this would be free EXP too.

I don’t care. Go watch a teenager sleep.

Hermione evolved on Nugget Bridge. Maybe now she can actually hit things!

I would always like to join Team Rocket.

I forgot about Intimidate when I led with Hagrid, but Hagrid OHKO’d anyway because he doesn’t give a fuck.

… I am now revoking that swag because he killed my Route 24 catch with a Tackle. Not that I would have used a Weedle anyway. But still.

Bellsprout, Bellsprout, Bellsprout, Bellsprout….

:yay:
I’m not totally boned against Misty! :D Fleur is one of the four Champions in the Triwizard Tournament. She later goes on to marry one of Ron’s brothers and ends up being way more badass than anyone ever really expected. I also don’t like her movie self because they cut all the things that make her cool and also took away her “HOLYSHITSOFUCKINGHOT”ness. I always imagined Clair Danes. Anyway.

Fleur’s in, Hermione’s out.

Fucking furries.

Went to beat up the Rocket early because I could. This matchup is clearly a good idea.

I came inches from losing someone to this Drowzee.

But I didn’t and Wormtail ended up evolving from toadying loser to Death Eater!

And that guy being accessible for some reason makes Route 5 accessible… I had two different names for female Meowth and I ended up with a male. He’s named after Hermione’s pet cat. And I guess McGonagall and Umbridge can be other stuff.
Am I just remembering wrong? I swear the Grunt and Route 5 weren’t accessible until after Misty. I don’t think I broke any rules by going here since I didn’t go into Underground Tunnel. But let me know if I did and I can release Crookshanks.

HAGRID NO YOU’RE TOO SWAGGY TO DIE.

Goodnight, Misty.

Wormtail ate all of the Gym trainers. Not their Pokemon. He ate their trainers.

DAMMIT I FORGOT TO LEAD WITH FLEUR.

oh okay.

That was just the appetizer. Now it’s time for the main course. I really should eat something.

Threat neutralized. The damage is from a Water Pulse. I’m so glad I caught her :)

THIS IS NOT GOING ACCORDING TO PLAN.

But she scraped through. YAY!

I’m pretty sure I can’t use this.

Next time, we can walk through door to the forbidden corridor. Hopefully there aren’t any three-headed dogs inside.

[+] The Team

Harry’s still here and I still can’t use him.

Neutral natures are always nice. I mean, it could always be better but I’m not disappointed at all. LOOK AT THAT DEFENSE STAT.

Evolution has been good to Wormtail.

Still the best Butterfree with a shit nature to ever pop some heads.

Dudley’s here, I guess.

Fleur is a badass. Shame about the decreased Special Attack, but she’s wrecking things nonetheless. Also I really like Sleep Powder.

… SHIT I FORGOT TO HEAL AFTER GRINDING.

Dresden - Emilia - Ginny

Kirimiya
Conqueror of the Mauville Gym

January 30th, 2016, 8:30 pm #5

You're doing great so far! That was a close call with Misty, but you pulled through just fine. Good luck in your Round 2 battle.
It's a tying streak
It's a moment of victory
It's a loss, unlike any you've felt before,
And it lasts a lifetime

Rapunzel

February 19th, 2016, 4:21 pm #6

Rampant Tragedy wrote:You're doing great so far! That was a close call with Misty, but you pulled through just fine. Good luck in your Round 2 battle.
Why thank you!
[+] The Dark Lord's Most Loyal Servant

I won my PVP match but there was a cost. Sigh. RIP Wormtail. But my kill-death ratio is 3-1, which is not too shabby.

I don’t have anything I’m dying to use in my box so I’ll make do with a Pickup slave until I get something better. Also, I went ahead offscreen and ground everything up to the level cap just so I wouldn’t have to do it later.

I stuck to the path on Route 6 so I could pick this up in Vermillion. Then I went back to Route 6 to fish up a non-dupe!

The only name for something that starts off weak and pathetic and turns into a badass. Neville Longbottom is a kid from Harry’s class who starts out unable to do even simple magic, gets bullied by pretty much everyone, and whose greatest fear is one of their teachers. Eventually, he becomes a total badass who decapitates Voldemort’s pet snake and single-handedly destroys one of his Horcruxes. Like a boss.

He’s on the team, by the way. He’ll be replacing Crookshanks unless I have to grind in which case Crookshanks is there to pick up items. Which he’s been doing a shitty job of.

Neville Longbottom is Chuck Norris’s boggart.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

FURRIES.

I’m sure everyone’s shocked by my Diglett’s Cave catch. SHOCKED. She’s named after Penelope Clearwater, a minor character from Chamber of Secrets who gets Petrified alongside Hermione. She also dated Ron’s brother Percy.

Along the way, Hagrid got even swaggier. That’s a word now.

ALL HAIL THE DUPES CLAUSE! Drowzee is my favorite Kanto Psychic type, and one of my favorite Pokemon, so I named her after my absolute favorite Harry Potter character. Bellatrix Lestrange is evil to the core, so psychopathic and sadistic that she kills her own cousin without a trace of remorse. And she has such FUN doing it. She’ll be replacing Trelawney. And for those of you keeping score at home, this means I only have one Sleep Powder user now. She’s still got Hypnosis though.

ajflsfjklajglsddjklsf fucking Supersonic Magnemites and Sonicboom and Trainers and shit fuck damn it.

I mean, I was going to replace you anyway. But still. FUCK.

Route 11 is a BAD BAD PLACE.

But using early-game Dragon Rage makes me happy inside.
(note: I played this before the rule against it was in place. Sorry ^^;)

They called it the Ship of Dreams… and it was…. It really was.

Crazy bitch evolved into CRAAAAAZY BITCH.

This ain’t Kalos.

#SWAGRID

Seriously, Fleur? That’s it?

I’m great at taking screenshots guys

I guess we can say I won this little game of cat and mouse? :v:

Do I detect a note of sarcasm, Eddy-boy?

Well, it’s not Scratch.

Sweeping you with my Graveller.

:yay:

Route 9. Oops. Oh well, everything there was a dupe anyway.

I got a little luckier with my Route 10 catch. Named after Blaise Zabini, a Slytherin in Harry’s year. He’s also very pretty.

And no more Pickup. He only ever gave me two berries. THANKS A LOT.
[+] The Team

Next update, Harry. Next update.

Useless cat is useless.

This baby most definitely is not useless. FUCK YEAH BELLA. I mean, her nature is absolute shit. But still. Hypno is baws.

I was going to use Neville in PVP but then Dragon Rage was outlawed. I might still do it and just enter in his three other moves without Dragon Rage. Idk. Can’t be mad about neutral natures, though.

Fleur’s here for the long haul.

#SWAGRID

Dresden - Emilia - Ginny

BlackDragoon
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym

February 19th, 2016, 4:26 pm #7

Don't worry about the Dragon Rage thing o.o
I don't want you to use it in PvP battles, that's all. You can abuse it to your heart's content if it is ingame xD

(I MAY allow it if both players agree to use it... I won't be responsible for any results though.)
Inb4 R3 is full of Gyarados.

I wanted a Drowzee T.T I got a Sandshrew instead, and he died against Rampant Tragedy D:
[+] Spoiler

Snake Eater
Eat. Sneak. Survive.

Last Update: January 5th

[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Rapunzel

March 9th, 2016, 2:23 am #8

Well, my Hypno didn't last long T_T

I apologize for the lackluster commentary in this part. I've been extremely sick with the sinus infection from hell, but I'm trying to make the deadline nonetheless.
[+] Things We Lose Have a Way of Coming Back to Us

Well, it happened. I lost a PVP, and with it, two of my favorite Harry Potter characters and my beautiful plant monster. *SOBS*

So they’re being replaced with Trelawney, Hermione, and Blaise. For now.

Rock Tunnel catch. Named after Lavender Brown, a Gryffindor girl from Harry’s year who becomes Ron’s super-annoying girlfriend in Half Blood Prince.

Route 8 gave me my absolute favorite Pokemon! Named after Ron Weasley, Harry’s best friend.

Route 7 was all dupes but my first encounter was a Bellsprout so yaaaay second chances! Professor Pomona Sprout is Harry’s Herbology teacher and head of Hufflepuff House.

yesssss

Here’s my Celadon catch. Named after Alastor “Mad-Eye” Moody, Harry’s fourth year Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher… except not really (spoiler alert). He is, however, a badass member of the Order of the Phoenix, a group dedicated to fighting Voldemort.

And now he’s a Vaporeon.

And Sprout is a Victreebel. I also went a-gambling for TMs and forgot to cap it, but I got one of each.

Route 16 catch. Named after Fred Weasley, one of Ron’s troublemaking prankster twin brothers. His death broke my soul.

good job dumbass

I know you are but what am I?

#SWAGRID

That came very close to getting very ugly.

That didn’t

And then I was here.

But these guys ceased to exist.

Lavender Tower catch. Named after Luna Lovegood, who’s a precious cinnamon roll, too good for this world. She’s well-known for being crazy but she’s just so freaking cute you can’t not love her.

bye Felicia

thnx

Sweet!

And now it’s time to wreck Erika.

Hey stoner lady. I have a Charizard.

HARRY

FREAKIN

POTTER.

Thanks dudette.
[+] The Team!

Hermione is back in a more “permanent” capacity. Her Speed and Physical Defense are pretty damn good, but I’m not sold on keeping her over Luna.

Now THAT is a Victreebel! (Sorry Fleur).

This line has a horrendous movepool, but look at that speed!

CONSTANT VIGILANCE! I would honestly have preferred an Espeon, but I didn’t want to wait until the Sevii Islands for a Sun Stone. Also I really wish I hadn’t given Neville Water Pulse.

He’s back and swaggier than ever

AWWW YES IT’S HARRY’S TIME TO SHINE BABY.

And here’s what little Crookshanks gave me before I stupidly let him evolve.

Dresden - Emilia - Ginny

Rapunzel

March 23rd, 2016, 2:56 pm #9

[+] Aguamenti

Never, ever, ever battle competitively while extremely sick and hopped up on very strong meds. You will make your Electrode Sonicboom Gengars and you will lose your Vaporeon. Oh yeah and Pidgeot’s gone too oops.

But here are the replacements for now.

Just kidding, Trelawney’s out, Vernon’s in. He’s named after Harry’s douchebag uncle.

HOORAY I need a Water type, considering Surf’s coming up and I have the worst fucking luck with them APPARENTLY.

Route 13 didn’t give me what I wanted (I was hoping for a Horsea, even though it’s 60%-20% in favor of Krabby) but at least the Krabby I caught and forgot to screencap can learn Surf. Antonin Dolohov is a random Death Eater. Yup.

Route 15 catch. Named after Cho Chang, Harry’s crush from his third to fifth years. Unfortunately when they actually go out, it doesn’t go well. Her first name means butterfly in Chinese.

Fuschia City catch. I’m really glad I caught a Seaking, bc that means there’s only three possible Fishing encounters in the Safari Zone. Parvati Patil is one of Harry’s classmates.

SCORE. I had a 40% chance with the Super Rod of catching the Seaking family, which was also the highest probability capture in Fuschia. So I took a chance and took advantage of the dupes clause. I can’t believe it stayed in the ball, too! Draco Malfoy is a bully who does his best to make Harry’s life at Hogwarts hell, but he shows hidden depths in some of the later books and his dad’s hot.

errybody’s gone Surrrrfin’

Route 19 catch. I was hoping for a Horsea but a 1% encounter works too (and I didn’t even Dupes Clause!). Gilderoy Lockhart is the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher in Harry’s second year. He’s a fucking tool and no one likes him.

Draco is teamed over Fred, by the by.

wewt

Yup.

Immunity Snorlax is a bro

#SWAGRID

No seriously. What a boss.

Luna is my insurance against Selfdestruct.

Huzzah!

[+] The Check-In Where Rapunzel Gets Carried Away With Auto-Fire Turbo Grinding

Dresden - Emilia - Ginny

Kirimiya

March 23rd, 2016, 3:19 pm #10

Luna could have eaten the entire gym alive, but it's nice to share the spotlight. That Snorlax tho... #beefy
It's a tying streak
It's a moment of victory
It's a loss, unlike any you've felt before,
And it lasts a lifetime