Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

December 25th, 2011, 12:42 am #601

[+] Replies!
Hawkfire wrote:Damn, I didn't see that you'd put the chapter up until just now!
[+] Spoiler
So many questions, so many things left unanswered! Great finale though, thank god that Jimmy's dead. Still, seeming as it wasn't meant to happen I can't help but to think it's going to cause something horrible. Sucks about Tybalt's death, he was one of my favourites. Can't wait till tommorow! I wonder which region we're going to next... Plot stuff points at Unova, but given it's the place of the "ultimate prophecy" it sound more like the place you'd finish this story, and didn't you say it was going to be a trilogy? Still, I might be mistaken so...
You probably wouldn't be going to Johto, since the prequel is there, so I'm betting on Sinnoh or Hoenn for the nest one. Still, it was a great final battle from my favourite story run!
Thanks Hawkfire! :biggrin:
Tybalt's death surprised me most. Him and Fleance were really my go-to Pokémon from pretty much Surge onward.
Also, I can't remember what I've said before, but I do know that NOW the series is going to be four-runs long, not counting the preface in Johto. You'll find out what run is next in a few days (I think I already revealed what it was if you want to go hunting for it). But once you know what the next run, it won't be hard to guess where the folliwng two runs take place.
lisalo wrote:We need a reminder of all prophecies. Family trees COULD be nice too.
Yes, you are right. After I post the epilogue and a few weeks before I start the sequel, there will be one post in this run that has 1). Family Trees 2). Plot Summaries 3). And Specialized Miss. Information (like a spoiler tag for info on Ancient Prophecies, the Civil War of Johto, etc.) This post will have a link to it in the first post of the sequel.
However, to quickly sum up the Prophecies for you:
[+] Spoiler
There are five Ancient Prophecies - one for each of the main regions. They are the Ancient Prophecy of Kanto, The Ancient Prophecy of Johto, and etc. With the exception of the Ancient Prophecy of Johto, none of them have been revealed yet. Johto's Ancient Prophecy was: “Kanto and Johto are forever bound together, Whatever happens to one will occur to the other.”

Occasionally, in times of need, spirits in the Pokémon tower give prophecies. This are not connected to the Ancient Prophecies, and they normally are less mysterious in their nature.
Update time! After this its the epilogue! :keke:

This is a VERY short update, so I know it will be a relief compared to what y'all been reading:

Chapter Ninety-Three
[+] Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Three: Plans

The man with the glass of whiskey changed the channel when the TV became static to the Hoenn new channel. He had just watched William Oak defeat Chris Oak. Now he waited for a report telling him that Jimmy had taken over Kanto and declared himself supreme ruler.

The man listened to the News Anchor go on as he reported the breaking news in Kanto that William Oak, a grandson of Professor Oak, was fighting for perhaps the region’s freedom, as Jimmy Oak had returned once more. Jimmy Oak, the news anchor reported, had turned himself into a mutated being that had incredible powers that far succeeded what the Legendary Birds of Kanto could wield.

The man listened and shrugged for several minutes as the news anchor went on giving details about some of the recent occurrences that had been happening in Kanto. The fool. The news anchor didn’t know a quarter of it.

Suddenly though, the news anchor raised his hand to his ear and his eyes widened. The ma with the glass of whiskey smiled, and he raised the glass to his lips and took a large gulp and waited for the bad news that would be the good news when…

“William Oak has won!” The news anchor reported. “He has killed Jimmy Oak! Kanto his free! I repeat: Kanto is free!”

The mysterious man spewed whiskey from his mouth onto the TV. His eyes were wide with shock. How was that possible? Had Jimmy lied to them?

Within three seconds, the telephone was ringing. The man muted the television answered it angrily:

“Hello?”

“Did you see it?” A quiet, scared voice said from the other sign of the line. “Did you see what happened?”

“Yes Cyrus. Jimmy lost. I saw it.”

“But…but…but I thought he said he would win-”

“Well he obviously was wrong. He lost. He died. William Oak won. We’ve lost Kanto, and if we’ve lost Kanto then we lost Johto too…for now at least”

Cyrus was silent on the phone line for a second, and but then he said softly…

“What do we do now?”

“We continue as we were before. We’ll take over Hoenn and Sinnoh, and then we will have to attack Kanto, Johto, and Unova all from without. It was going to be much easier when we had all four regions under our control and we were just going to attack Unova…but we’ll make do. Oh, and I think we should continue with me acting as our new leader,” the man with the whiskey asserted.

“But…why do you get to take Jimmy’s spot?”

“Because you are a sniveling pathetic idiot who could never rule the world,” the man snapped. “Don’t forget where you started. Don’t you think you’ve come far enough?”

“Yes…yes…Master…” Cyrus said, automatically falling into the old habit.

“There is no need to call me master Cyrus, those days are long gone,” the man said harshly, angry again. He took another chug of whiskey.

“Yes…yes…okay…” Cyrus said, his voice shaking. “So…what are you going to do now?”

“I continue as I were. I have already killed two of the three and the third is going to play right into my hands. Both Team Aqua and Team Magma are in place. Soon the Gods will be awoken and I will make their power mine. Team Aqua and Magma are still growing though; they won’t be ready to actually do anything though for a few more months. And you Cyrus? How are your plans developing.”

Cyrus swallowed on the other line, and he quickly beat out a report:

“Everything is going good. I am gaining supporters and allies everyday. Of course, as you know, I won’t be able to make a move for almost a year due to the fact that-”

“Yes, yes, of course,” the man said dismissively. “Well, very good Cyrus. Keep up the good work. Contact me again only if absolutely necessary.”

And then the conversation ended. The man hung the phone up, and he turned the volume on the television on.

“We go now to our correspondent in Kanto. Henry, what has been going on?”

The screen cut away, and it went to a man who was in a very busy room.

“Well Eric, we are still trying to figure that out, but one thing is clear. It’s all over now.”

You fool, the man with the glass of whiskey thought. It has only just begun.
Leave me a comment and I'll love you forever! :heart:

Hawkfire
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

December 25th, 2011, 4:09 am #602

Like you said it was short, but it was a good, plotty chapter too.
[+] Spoiler
I definetly haven't seen a Cyrus portrayed like that, thats a very orignal interpretation you have.
I'm guessing that you're doing Hoenn next, since Cyrus can't do anything for a year. And there's another clue about the three...

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

December 25th, 2011, 6:30 am #603

Lovely chapters the both of them.

Looking forwards to the epilogue.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

Ryua
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym

December 25th, 2011, 7:47 am #604

I MISSED THE ENTIRE ELITE 4 BATTLES? AND CHAMPION?
[+] Spoiler
So intense. I love the Mew thing with Agatha, that was very well done. I was so sure you were going to lose Desdemona over that... scary. And nooo, poor Tybalt! And a Venusaur is Poison type too, it's not surprising a Psychic demolished him... it still hurts though. I love the way you write Virgilia. I love seeing inside her mentality. And Fleance too! When he was fighting that Dragonite? Excellent description. It really made that Ground typing seem real. And the descriptions of him taking everything that Zapdos could do right afterwards was so awesome.

Just one grammar thing... where you say "Her and her friend", it should be "She and her friend". If you're not sure which word it is, try dropping "and her friend" to see if it sounds right.

Destroyanator
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

December 25th, 2011, 8:29 am #605

Wow. i stop following this run closely for 1 month, and what happens? you update like 15 times.

Anyway, i think my thoughts on these last chapters are best show through a series of reaction shots:

When i saw that you'd updated, i was like: :lilcal:

Then, during the elite four fights, i was like: :ohdear:

When my predictions regarding Jimmy and Mewtwo came true, i was like: :coolshades:

and after i read the epilogue, i was like: :psyduck:
[+] Spoiler
I have a few ideas regard the direction this plot is going. First, i wouldn't be surprised if we see Jimmy return once more. If, as you seemed to imply in the memory sequence, the fight between William and Jimmy is a cyclical sort of affair, i expect it to be a recurring theme. As for the "Sons of Three", i would guess that, since you seemingly intend to end the series in Unova, that the "Three" are the Tao Trio of Unova: Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem. perhaps Jimmy and William are avatars (or something like that) of Zekrom and Reshiram, and the "Master Prophecy" of Unova refers to the final confrontation between the actual beings. we'll see.

Finally, in the interest of full disclosure, whenever Eros attacked after he was injured by Jimmy, i was picturing William holding a Jolteon like an assault rifle. in my head, it was awesome.
I'm very excited for your next run. keep up the good work.

TrainerBOB

December 25th, 2011, 3:28 pm #606

Wooo! Epilogue time! Replies first though.
[+] Replies! :)
@Hawkfire:
Thank you! I really pride myself in trying to be original in my characterizations. :) And you are right, Hoenn will be where I go next, specifically Pokémon Emerald.

@LordQ:
Thanks Lord! :)

@Ryua:
Thanks Ryua! :) I am really happy with my E4 battles, for the most part. Agatha was a little weak, but I needed to do what I did there for foreshadowing.

@Destroyanator:
Ah! Glad to see you've caught the end of this :) Thank you very much for your kind words (though that last chapter wasn't the Epilogue, that is still to come in a few more lines below this). You'll see what happens regarding Jimmy, I will say there are more secrets about him to be uncovered, but whether or not he'll come back you will have to wait and see :wink:
Thank you for your kind comments! :D You are a very worthy adversary when it comes to plot twists, and I hope I can catch you off guard in my next run. It will be difficult, but I think I can manage it this time. :wink:
And now, I saved one of my favorite plot twists for last:

Epilogue
[+] Epilogue
Epilogue

Within three days of the final battle, Valerie Silph was sitting on her bed in the hospital. The bed had been made, and she was dressed. There were still bandages wrapped around the wound where Jimmy had stabbed her, and she was going to have a small scar for the rest of her life. But other than that, she was going to be okay.

She had no possessions, save for the clothes she was wearing, which was given to her by the nurses. Her old clothes were ruined by blood.

The window in the room was wide open, and sunlight was streaming in. She sat still on the bed, waiting.

Eventually he came. Val turned her head when she felt his presence. He was standing in the doorway, studying her. Though he had been clean up, his face still looked gaunt, and he still looked exhausted. There were cuts all along his face and arms that were still healing.

“Hello William,” she said softly, kindly.

“Hello Valerie.” Val dropped her head at the use of her full, formal name. She closed her eyes, and she took in a steady breath, and then she rose to look at William.

“How have you’ve been?” She asked him. It was strange how simple the words were. The last time she had saw him, he was about to run off to attempt to save the world. That was all over now, and all she could do was ask him how he was. She was expecting him to sneer at her, but he didn’t. His eyes were kind, and he seemed to understand her trouble at finding words.

“Very busy,” he said, entering the room. “As you can imagine.”

“Yes,” Val said. “I can.”

William studied her for a minute, and then he turned and walked to the window, where the was plenty of sunlight streaming through. He looked outside and raised his head to look at the clear blue sky.

“So have you decided what you are going to do with me?” Val asked, her eyes frozen on William. He turned around and looked at her. And then, he crossed the distance the parted them and he kissed her lightly on her mouth. It was so sudden, Val was taken back. Her face blushed red, but she return the kiss. However, it ended just as quickly as it started when William pulled away.

“I’m sorry,” he said, his voice rough. “I wanted to…just one last time.”

“Its okay,” Val said. “I wanted to as well.” William spun away from Val and he walked to the window, not able to look at her as he gave the verdict. Then, he took out an envelope from his pocket, and he slammed it on the window sill.

“In this envelope is enough money to buy you a plane ticket to Johto or Hoenn and start a new life there,” he said, his voice rough. “Its part of my winnings from the Pokémon League. Do not reject it, the government has promised me a substantial pension for the rest of my life, so I have plenty of money now. I want you to take it, and go to either region. I don’t care where, and I don’t want to know which one. I want you to never to come back to Kanto. I want to never see you again. I want to never hear about you again. I want you to live a quiet life away from the rest of the world. This is your punishment Valeria Silph. You betrayed your region and your family. Thousands died because of you. You helped Jimmy Oak get the one thing he could not get alone.” William turned around and looked at her. “It wasn’t entirely your fault, but you still deserve much worst than this. Banishment from Kanto is nothing.”

Val nodded her head. There were tears in her eyes though.

“Thank you William. You are truly a kind soul. I am very…very sorry.” She expected him to tell her that her apologizes meant nothing, but he didn’t.

“I’m sorry too Val. Maybe in another life. Fate just destroyed us in this one.” And then William bowed his head, and he took her leave. He walked out the door, and he did not look back. Val started to cry, and the tears ran down her face and landed in her lap. She smiled though.

He had called her Val.

Fifteen minutes later, Val was outside, walking through the streets of Virdian City. William Oak was nowhere in site, but that didn’t surprise Val. She never expected to see him again. The streets were busy and filled with people though. It was an eventful time in Kanto, as there were still many unasked questions to be answered. Val walked, heading straight to the Viridian Airport.

She never made it there. She stopped, stone cold, in the middle of a sidewalk, when she saw him.

No. It wasn’t possible. Well, it was, but what were the chances?

He was walking away from Viridian, heading towards Route 1. Val was frozen in her spot. She had recognized that face. She had recognized that feeling she got when she looked at him. She would never forget it. She ran after the boy that still looked about a year younger than her. She had to talk to him.

Val ran after him, following him as he walked swiftly away. He did not look distinguishable from everyone else. He was wearing a jacket with a hood that covered his head, and had it not been for the quick glimpse of his face that she got and that feeling she felt, she might have never realized it was him.

Val didn’t reach him until he had left the city, and he was walking down Route 1, heading towards Pallet Town. He was not aware of her prescence. She tripped over a root, and fell down, and watch him walk away, still unaware of her.

“WAIT!” She screamed, her voice pleading. The boy stopped, surprised, and turned around. He looked at Val, a mixture of surprise and shock on his face. It was him. Val was sure.

“You’re that boy…” she said, getting up. “You’re that boy that saved my life all those years ago when I tried to drown myself.” The boy seemed to hesitate. But then he nodded his head.

“Yes. Yes I am.”

“I’m sorry,” Val said, crying now. “I am so, so sorry.” The boy walked quickly to her, and looked down at her, his face concerned.

“Why are you apologizing?” he asked.

“I wasted your time and I wasted your energy,” she said. “The world would have been a much better place had I died.”

Though she was older than him, he was still much taller. He bent down, and he wiped a tear off of her cheek.

“Please,” he said. “Please never say that. You are very important. I don’t regret what I did that day, and I never will.”

“But…” Val choked. “You don’t even know what I’ve been doing.”

“I know exactly what you’ve been doing Valerie Silph. And it’s not your fault. Jimmy Oak tricked you. He tricked you Val.”

“After you left…” she sobbed, continuing as if he had said nothing, “after you saved me, talked to me, and left…Jimmy came along. And he convinced me to join him. Because of me…because of me he almost ruled the entire world. And so many people died, and so many people could have died…”

She kept crying, unable to control her tears. The boy sighed, and seemed to consider something for a second.

“Val, do you want a chance of redemption?” She looked at him, surprised. And then she nodded her head quickly.

“Yes! Yes, please very much!”

The boy offered her his hand.

“I can offer you that chance. It is going to be dangerous though.”

Val took his hand, and looked at him in the eye steadily.

“I can take it.”

The boy smiled, and he started to lead her away.

“Wait,” Val said. The boy looked back at her. “Can you…can you tell me your name?”

Just then, there was a sharp gust of wind, blowing down the boy’s hood and revealing his green-dyed hair. He smiled kindly at her.

“For now, you can call me N.”

-----------------------------------

There were many events that occurred after the final battle between William and Jimmy Oak. The outcome of the battle there set in motion great change for all of Kanto.

The first thing William did not five minutes after the battle was order someone to fly him to Saffron City. He marched to the prison, and ordered Sabrina’s release immediately. The warden then mumbled something about how he would have to wait to hear from the orders of the Mayor of the city. William Oak curtly informed the Warden that if he had trouble following his orders, then William would have no trouble ordering his Nidoking to rip the warden’s head off.

The warden let Sabrina go, with five hours prior to her when her execution had been set for. She rested for several days, before she performed two tasks William requested of her.

Firstly, she examined Desdemona, William’s Butterfree.

“There is great power locked away in her, power that makes me look weak,” she told William. “Its locked away though, Desdemona has pushed it to the corners of her mind. She can access it if she needs to, but whenever she does there is a very high chance it could kill her.”

William thanked Sabrina, and then the Psychic turned to Chris Oak, and she examined him. William was wondering if he had any powers in him, he had after all managed to fight off Jimmy, albeit if for a few seconds.

Sabrina frowned as she touched Chris’s forehead, and she spent several minutes looking at him, studying him intensely. She spent much more time studying Chris then she did Desdemona, but eventually she sighed and her arms drooped.

“You are not a psychic, and you have no power,” she informed him, massaging her temple. “But there is something…different about you…there is a presence that hovers over you. Where it is…and what it is…I do not know.”

“Is there a way I could utilize the presence into some sort of fighting skill?” Chris asked. William raised his eyebrows at Chris, but the cousin failed to notice.

“No…” Sabrina said slowly. “Its nothing like that.”

Chris thanked Sabrina, said farewell to William, and then took his leave, walking out of the gym. William frowned as his cousin left.

“How are you two?” Sabrina had asked William afterwards.

“Not good. We have hardly talked about what happened.”

“He can’t blame you for having to kill all his Pokémon William,” Sabrina said.

“No,” William replied. “But nor can he like me for it.”

-------------------------------------------------------

William and Chris would continue not to talk for a good time, and there was a period of two months when William didn’t know where Chris was. But William tried not to notice, and he wasn’t sure what he could say to his cousin. And so the two cousins who were once bounded over their fear and battles together very swiftly drifted apart.

After the final battle, William resigned as Champion of the Elite Four. He had no wish to continue Pokémon battling. He knew the day might come when he was needed again – his mind could not free the image of Jimmy’s wicked grin and his dying words. So, William wanted to stay away from Pokémon battling for as long as he could.

Chris Oak was then offered the position as Champion, as he had been the most recent Champion prior to William. He was told he would be given a six-month period to rebuild a new team. But he did not accept the offer. He curtly informed everyone that he had personal matters to attend to. William had no idea if Chris was telling the truth, and if he was, what the personal matters were. Chris never told him.

And so, with Lance and Agatha dead, Bruno became the new Champion of Kanto. And, perhaps it was Bruno that inspired the most change.

The first thing Bruno did was break the long-standing tradition of the champion being a secret to the people of Kanto. He held a press conference, revealing he had accepted the position, and no more would the champion of Kanto hide in the shadows.

The second thing Bruno did was expose the corruption of the Kanto Government, the very same people who had given him the job of Kanto Champion. He exposed how many members of the legislature had agreed to helping Jimmy to power. He exposed how the government stood by and did nothing while Jimmy rose to power. He exposed the shady deals that had been made with Team Rocket. Bruno exposed everything.

Within a week of Bruno as Champion, half of the Kanto Government Politicians had resigned. An emergency election for every office was held, and the other half was voted out. A new wave of politicians entered the Kanto Government, determined to make Kanto more democratic and free than ever before. No one knew it, but the Ancient Prophecy of Johto was at work. Kanto was following in Johto’s footsteps, becoming as free and democratic as its sister nation.

Following rebuilding the government, Bruno rebuilt the Pokémon league. Lorelei became the fourth trainer of the Elite Four, the position her father once held. Bruno invited Sabrina to enjoy the league, and after a few moments of thinking, she accepted. She became the third trainer of the Elite Four, taking the position Agatha had once held. She assembled a powerful team of Psychic-Type Pokémon, but not a single one of them came from the Abra line. She would never use a Pokémon from the Abra line in all of her lifetime.

Bruno then extended an invitation to Misty, who had returned to her gym following Jimmy’s defeat. She was informed that if she wanted to join the league she would have to build a stronger team, but she would be given time to do so. Lorelei even offered to train with the girl. Misty, however, refused. One month later, Misty shut down her gym and walked away, disappearing. She told people she was going, but no one knows where she went. She simply told people she needed to leave Kanto, the place where so much pain had happened.

And so, Bruno was had to recruit for two new trainers. Not only that, but he had to refill every gym in Kanto. All their trainers were gone.

Brock had died, and his body was never found. There was a memorial service held for him in Pewter City. It was held before Misty left, so she was in attendance. Brock’s coffin was filled with pictures of the gym leader, and it was buried next to his father’s grave. Bruno found one of Brock’s old gym trainers, and he made him the new gym leader.

Misty had of course vanished. She was also replaced with a gym trainer. For a time, the first two gyms of Kanto were cake walks for most trainers, but eventually the new gym trainers grew and learned how to battle better.

Surge’s replacement was Jeff Ties, the reporter that had interviewed him prior to his performance on the S.S. Anne. The reporter had been inspired by Surge since the interview, and had gone on to learn all about Electric-Type Pokémon. He wasn’t anywhere near as good as Surge, but he was good enough.

Erika was also replaced by an ex-gym trainer, and the gym of Celadon City remained to be a gym most trainers considered a push-over. Sabrina hand-picked her replacement among the chancellors of the Pokémon Tower, and the gym in Saffron City became a Ghost-Type gym.

The Fuchsia City gym was closed down. Bruno did not trust any of Koga’s old trainers to take over, and he believed that gym should no longer remain standing. Instead, Bruno made the fighting-training gym in Saffron City an official gym, giving Saffron City not one but two gyms. Saffron City began to flourish and boom even more than it once had, and soon the disappearance of the Silph Company was no longer felt on the city’s market.

Fuchsia City, however, slowly faded to a ghost town, as the people there slowly disappeared, leaving for bigger and better places. Even the Safari there closed down due to lack of visitors.

Blaine, who’s murder was blamed on Jimmy Oak, was replaced by local scientist who was an expect when it came to steel-type Pokémon, and the gym changed types.

At Viridian, Bruno held a national tryout for three positions.: the Gym Trainer for Viridian, and the two remaining Elite Four positions. He found three good trainers. A Bug-Master was accepted for the gym trainer in Viridian, and a Flying-Master and a Fire-Master were accepted for the two remaining Elite Four trainers. It took a month for all of this to take place, but Bruno had made sure it happened.

Bruno was wise though; he did not rely on his mind alone. He continued to go to William, Lorelei, and Sabrina for advice, on how to make sure someone like Jimmy could never threaten Kanto again. They told him what they could, and he made each and every decision carefully.

William asked Bruno to have a team of archeologists explore Cerulean Cave, and Bruno did as William asked. He sent twenty archeologists into the cave with a job to cover the cave from top to bottom. William did not go with them, rather he waited to hear what they found. When the archeologists finished after two weeks, Bruno reported back to William:

“I’m sorry. They didn’t find anything. Well, they found a bunch of rare Pokémon that are hard to find elsewhere, but they couldn’t find any writing on any of the walls, floors or ceilings. They looked under every rock too William. The Ancient Prophecy of Kanto isn’t there.”

William nodded, concerned and confused, and so the Ancient Prophecy of Kanto went on being a mystery.

While William Oak had told Val he had been busy, he very quickly became not. Within a week of defeating Jimmy, William was no longer doing anything, and he found himself with an abundance amount of time on his hands. And so, he bought a house on the outskirts of Saffron City, and he went to live there. It was a small cottage away from the rest of the world and that only his closest friends knew about it – which meant only Bruno, Lorelei, and Sabrina knew about it. Chris had already disappeared by this time, and William had no means of contacting him.

William spent a week living in the house, happy, but during this time he thought hard about something. Finally, he made the decision. He walked to the outside of his house, and he let out his four Pokémon. Fleance, Eros, Virgilia and Desdemona.

“You traveled with me, and did things no other trainer would have asked of his Pokémon,” William said to them, looking at them. “Jimmy Oak is defeated, but I am not exactly out of the clear. I am sure there are plenty of people out there who want me dead. And…there is always Jimmy’s threat that he has allies who will be following in his footsteps.” William cleared his throat. “So, I am letting y’all go. You can stay here if you want, but I wouldn’t expect you too-” But William couldn’t finish speaking because he was interrupted.

Fleance grunted, rolled his eyes, and then the Nidoking strode forward, shoving William gently aside as he walked back into the house. Virgilia stumbled after him, and playfully shot a squirt of water at the Nidoking. Eros winked at William, and then ran into the house, and sat by the fireplace, where it was warmest. He curled up into a ball, and the Pokémon fell to sleep. And Desdemona flew into the house, humming softly. William turned and stared at them, his mouth slightly open. Then, he chuckled to himself, and he went inside, joining his Pokémon.

They were his family now, much as his mother had been before.

--------------------------------------------

It was almost three months after the final battle with Jimmy when William finally saw Chris. One day William heard a knock on the door, and when he went to open it, he was surprised to see his cousin on his front porch, asking if he could come in. William let Chris in, and he quickly served a cup of tea.

“So what have you been up to?” William asked Chris as he poured his cousin a tea in a tiny cup.

“Oh, this and that,” Chris said, looking around the cottage. William frowned, but he did not push for more information. William brought his cousin his tea, and Chris accepted it gratefully. William studied Chris, and found that in some strange way, Chris looked different. His clothes fit him a little tighter. He was wearing a long sleeve white-shirt, with a color that stretched up his neck. The emerald jewel that had belonged to his mother still hung around his neck.

They talked together for awhile, neither one of them mentioning Jimmy or the final battle. Finally, Chris said:

“Listen, I came by because I wanted to tell you that I’m leaving Kanto.”

William raised his eyebrows, surprised by this. He hadn’t seen his cousin in almost three months, but he still did not expect this.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m not 100% sure yet,” he said. “Only that it isn’t going to be here.” When William looked at his cousin with concern, Chris just shrugged his shoulders. “I need some time away, you know, after everything that happened. Anyway, I wanted to thank you. You were a good friend, and you know, you kind of saved my life back there in the stadium.”

“Of course,” William said, having trouble expressing his emotions. “I am going to miss you man.”

The two cousins embraced, and then Chris turned to leave. But then, he paused, and he reached down in his poket and pulled out a purple ball. He threw it to William, who caught it.

“Here,” Chris said. “It’s the Master Ball, I figured you should hold on to it for now.” William turned the ball over in his hand, studying the purple ball with the big ‘M’ on it. They had received it from the Mayor of Saffron City after the battle of the Silph Co. William had insisted Chris keep it. After studying it for a second, William tossed it back to Chris.

“I think you could have more use of it now then I could,” he said. Chris studied the ball for a second, and then smiled. He pocketed it, and he left, leaving his halfway finished cup of tea on the table. It would be the last reminder William would have of Chris for a many months.

---------------------

But perhaps the most important event following the final battle did not occur till a week after William saw Chris. He was sitting at home, scratching Eros behind his ear, when his phone started ringing. He answered it.

“Hello?”

“William, its Sabrina!” She sounded panic, and out of breath. “I have just received a call from the Pokémon Tower. It’s Percy. He is in the highest room, and he wants to talk to you-”

“I’ll get there as soon as I can.”

“I’m with Julia, we’ll be at your house in a moment and we’ll take you there.”

Julia was the Flying-type Master that was the first member of the Elite Four. William thanked Sabrina, and waited. Julia and Sabrina got there within three minutes, and Julia flew the two to Lavender Town. Upon arriving, he rushed to the top room, the chancellors there respectively letting him past without any battle.

William burst into the room, and he found Percy waiting for him. The Pokémon was weak, and he was more faded then when William saw the Pikachu last.

“Percy,” William said, dropping to the ground. “Percy, I am here. What is it? Is it another prophecy?”

The Pikachu shook his head sadly. Sabrina then stumbled into the room behind William, panting heavily, but Percy gave her no notice. Instead, he bent his head down, and he seemed sad and concerned.

“Its Agatha,” Percy said. “Ever since she died, she hasn’t been well. She keeps repeating the same thing over and over again…and the words…they are concerning. We wanted to tell you.”

“What are they?” William asked, his voice desperate. Percy looked at William, raising his head up.

“The world is still in grave danger. And when the Power of the Gods go into one, only the Second Son can save the entire world.”

And then, just like that, Percy faded away. William stayed frozen on the ground for a long, terrifying moment. And then he slowly rose to his feet, and looked back to Sabrina, whose eyes were wide in fear.

“But where is he? Where is Charlie Oak?” She asked him.

“And who?” William said. “Who is Charlie Oak?” William closed his eyes, before he whispered softly:

“Who is the Second Son?”

THE END

Coming Soon:
SONS OF THREE:

THE SECOND SON
A Pokémon Emerald Nuzloke Story Run
By TrainerBOB
Solve the Mystery of the Second Son...

[+] Some Final Thoughts

First of all, it is incredible the way a character develops. As I've said before, Val started out as nothing but a one-time chapter character. But immediately after I posted that chapter, a whole big plot blew up in my mind of her being Mr. Silph's lost daughter, and her being Jessie. For a few dozen chapters or so after that, I planned to kill her off at the end of this run.
But then, I decided against it. You will be seeing Valerie Silph again. Not soon, but you will see her. Be on the watch. Please leave me a comment concerning her and her fate. She has grown into one of my favorite plot devices.

Secondly, I am mostly very happy with this run. I thought all the way through I had interesting and original characterizations. Some of my favorites were:
1). Surge. I've seen a lot of jock-like Surge's, and I've seen a lot of asshole Surges, but I haven't seen many badass Surges who are mentors and almost father figures and die heroically.
2). Koga. I've seen plenty of evil Kogas, but few are the main character's grandfather.
3). Professor Oak. I've seen lots of Oaks, but not many are like my Oak imo.
4). Agatha. Rarely do I see the E4 use in much detail. I was extremely happy with Agatha's role, and I wish I could have used her more.
I am also very happy at how fluid and connected all the gym leaders were. I am sad to say the gym leaders will for the most part play a much minor role in the sequel, however we will see some other characters stand up. Phoebe of the E4 will be huge; I think she will become a fan favorite. And Scott and Steven Stone will also be very big. Yes - Scott. In my story run, the battle frontier will not exist, so what role could Scott play? You will see...

Thirdly, I am extremely excited for the sequel to this run. In Eldest, the plot twists that were supposed to be huge (Jimmy=Giovanni, Val=Jessie, Jimmy=Mewtwo, etc.) were all seen coming. I got many others past people, but those were the biggies. I think in the sequel, the big plot twists won't be seen coming. I hope to knock you on your backs a few times.

Fourthly, a video trailer of the sequel will be up tomorrow. Look forward to seeing that :)

Fifthly, a week or two before the sequel is released, I will post in THIS thread a sort of SoT dictionary. It will have a complete plot summary of Eldest, and it will also have individual character bios. There will also be small plot summaries for tiny things, like a Prophecy Entry, a Civil War of Johto entry, and etc. If y'all beed a reminder before the Second Son starts, you can look there.

LASTLY, I am going to reveal the rest of my run's titles. Here they are, in order:
Sons of Three: Eldest, A Pokémon Yellow Nuzloke
Sons of Three: The Second Son, A Pokémon Emerald Nuzloke
[+] Tagged in case you don't want to know.
Sons of Three: The Lost Daughters, A Pokémon Platinum Nuzloke (TITLE SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Sons of Three: The Third, A Pokémon ? Nuzloke (TITLE SUBJECT TO CHANGE). This is ? because I want to do Gray, but if Gray isn't out, doesn't exist, then I still have to decide between black and white.

Anyway, that's all for now folks! Mods, I would be appreciative if you could leave this in the regular forms for a few days before moving it to Completed Runs.

Leave me a comment about the Epilogue, or make an exciting prediction, and stay on your toes. Oh, and one more things...

Just who is the second son? ;P

Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

December 25th, 2011, 8:16 pm #607

Def looking forward to the next one. The story and surprises of this run were amazing, so if what comes is as good/better, it's gonna be great.
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW
Aozora - Today at 6:22 PM
PILLOW

MewKitten
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym

December 26th, 2011, 1:25 am #608

I LOVE this story. LOVE it. Joined the forum just so I could say that ^-^

oh yes, I also wanted to ask if you're planning a gold/silver or HG/SS prequel. or, if you've already started (or finished) it, can you point me in the right direction to find it?
[+] Spoiler
PM me If you're interested in reading a log of a Wobuffet sololocke series. (because apparently I hate myself...)

Hawkfire

December 26th, 2011, 2:12 am #609

Great ending, you wrapped up most of the characters stories well. Interesting seeing N though.
Looking forward to the video and the next run, if the twists are even better it's certainly going to be a great ride.

brindle891
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym

December 26th, 2011, 2:40 am #610

I really enjoyed this run. I can't wait for the next installment!
This is where people put clever, witty one liners right? Yeah, working on it...

Destroyanator

December 26th, 2011, 4:57 am #611

what a way to end.

I have to comment on just one thing you said, though:
wrote:I think in the sequel, the big plot twists won't be seen coming
to which I say: Come at me, Bro.

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

December 26th, 2011, 1:03 pm #612

And so it ends. Looking forwards to the next one.

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler

LeafiaDream

December 26th, 2011, 10:20 pm #613

91:
Brabantio's death was so sudden that I had trouble understanding that it had actually happened and that he was actually dead. And it really surprised me that Eros was attacked, and then we left him hanging. I thought that he had died and I had read it wrong or something. o.o
[+] Spoiler
Really interesting how you described the other sons' deaths. If they're dead, how can they be alive? But you said that they would be other people in the newer stories. I guess I'll just have to wait...
Hooray for badass Mew-Des! :D Let's go beat up Jimmy now~

92:
Okay, and now we find out that Eros is actually alive. I was REALLY relieved to see that. ,:)
Virgilia's battle was very entertaining to read. She sounded annoyed but patient enough to wait her turn to go against Jimmy.
Tybalt's death...shocked me so much. I stopped and stared at the screen for a few minutes. How could he have died? Stupid Mewtwo's Psychic in the game... He was one of my favorites. :(
[+] Spoiler
Those memories were incredibly interesting and I was not expecting them at all. So this has happened many, many times in the past? I guess it's only natural that it would happen again, since that's the case. At least now I know who Rodolfo is. But does that mean...Jimmy and William are reincarnations of hundreds of reincarnations? That means that it could happen again in a future lifetime. Then again, Iris did mention that Jimmy was dead this time, so does that mean that in the past, Rodolfo was never actually killed, so now it could never happen again? Either way, since we're going on to the Hoen region, I doubt it would happen in this series anyway, so it doesn't matter too much.
About Iris, though. She and the initial William were lovers in the past? That means that there will probably be some sort of confrontation in the future where Iris explains herself to him and he either accepts it or fights it. I'm looking forward to it. :) Of course, that might not be what you have in mind, so maybe we'll all just be left wondering about it, which is fine as well.
93:
Cyrus is portrayed in a very different way. I really like it. :) I do think that he will be a bit harsher when he's not with his "Master", which will put him more into the game's character. Ooh, I already feel sorry for the poor guy. :(

Epilogue:
N Harmonia. I wasn't expecting that at ALL. How cool that he helped Val, because in the game, he really only cared about the welfare of Pokemon. I can already tell I'm going to like his character.
[+] Spoiler
Redemption...that means...she'll be joining Team Plasma?
I love how you wrapped up everything with the Gym leaders and the Elite Four. There was just a war, the main character just won a war, and look, we're cleaning up after ourselves. It's a nice bit of information that's sometimes forgotten in the excitement of ending a story.

And now, we move on to the next story.
The whole feel of this story was more like something that came completely out of your head. It didn't feel like a Nuzlocke at all. It almost seemed like William's Pokemon died only to add to the plot. You executed this really well, and I'm looking forward to more amazing plots in Hoen. :)

Good job on finishing it!
Hello...pleased to make your acquaintance.

I can come off as rude, but I promise, I don't mean to be.

If I comment on what you say, it means you're worth commenting on, so please, don't be too offended!

TrainerBOB

December 27th, 2011, 1:40 am #614

[+] Replies!
Pillowcase wrote:Def looking forward to the next one. The story and surprises of this run were amazing, so if what comes is as good/better, it's gonna be great.
Thanks Pillowcase! :) I hope this next one will go beyond the prior one...
MewKitten wrote:I LOVE this story. LOVE it. Joined the forum just so I could say that ^-^

oh yes, I also wanted to ask if you're planning a gold/silver or HG/SS prequel. or, if you've already started (or finished) it, can you point me in the right direction to find it?
Omg, thank you so much MewKitten! :heart: Its comments like these that really keep me going.

I did start a SS prequel, but it is not very far and I have no plans to return to it anytime soon. It started as a comic run, which turned our to be way too time consuming. Plus I am awful at drawing. It is literally only two pages into it, so it really isn't worth looking at it.
I think I MIGHT go back and write the prequel one day. But I'd rather do the four in the main series first, just because y'all already know the most of what happens in the prequel. So I'll save the prequel for a fun side project one day :)
Hawkfire wrote:Great ending, you wrapped up most of the characters stories well. Interesting seeing N though.
Looking forward to the video and the next run, if the twists are even better it's certainly going to be a great ride.
Thanks Hawkfire! I hope it is a ride :)
brindle891 wrote:I really enjoyed this run. I can't wait for the next installment!
Thanks brindle! Its coming in January(ish).
Destroyanator wrote:what a way to end.

I have to comment on just one thing you said, though:
wrote:I think in the sequel, the big plot twists won't be seen coming
to which I say: Come at me, Bro.
Oh goodie! I do love a challenge :wink:
LordQ wrote:And so it ends. Looking forwards to the next one.
Thanks Q! :)
LeafiaDream wrote:91:
Brabantio's death was so sudden that I had trouble understanding that it had actually happened and that he was actually dead. And it really surprised me that Eros was attacked, and then we left him hanging. I thought that he had died and I had read it wrong or something. o.o
[+] Spoiler
Really interesting how you described the other sons' deaths. If they're dead, how can they be alive? But you said that they would be other people in the newer stories. I guess I'll just have to wait...
Hooray for badass Mew-Des! :D Let's go beat up Jimmy now~

92:
Okay, and now we find out that Eros is actually alive. I was REALLY relieved to see that. ,:)
Virgilia's battle was very entertaining to read. She sounded annoyed but patient enough to wait her turn to go against Jimmy.
Tybalt's death...shocked me so much. I stopped and stared at the screen for a few minutes. How could he have died? Stupid Mewtwo's Psychic in the game... He was one of my favorites. :(
[+] Spoiler
Those memories were incredibly interesting and I was not expecting them at all. So this has happened many, many times in the past? I guess it's only natural that it would happen again, since that's the case. At least now I know who Rodolfo is. But does that mean...Jimmy and William are reincarnations of hundreds of reincarnations? That means that it could happen again in a future lifetime. Then again, Iris did mention that Jimmy was dead this time, so does that mean that in the past, Rodolfo was never actually killed, so now it could never happen again? Either way, since we're going on to the Hoen region, I doubt it would happen in this series anyway, so it doesn't matter too much.
About Iris, though. She and the initial William were lovers in the past? That means that there will probably be some sort of confrontation in the future where Iris explains herself to him and he either accepts it or fights it. I'm looking forward to it. :) Of course, that might not be what you have in mind, so maybe we'll all just be left wondering about it, which is fine as well.
93:
Cyrus is portrayed in a very different way. I really like it. :) I do think that he will be a bit harsher when he's not with his "Master", which will put him more into the game's character. Ooh, I already feel sorry for the poor guy. :(

Epilogue:
N Harmonia. I wasn't expecting that at ALL. How cool that he helped Val, because in the game, he really only cared about the welfare of Pokemon. I can already tell I'm going to like his character.
[+] Spoiler
Redemption...that means...she'll be joining Team Plasma?
I love how you wrapped up everything with the Gym leaders and the Elite Four. There was just a war, the main character just won a war, and look, we're cleaning up after ourselves. It's a nice bit of information that's sometimes forgotten in the excitement of ending a story.

And now, we move on to the next story.
The whole feel of this story was more like something that came completely out of your head. It didn't feel like a Nuzlocke at all. It almost seemed like William's Pokemon died only to add to the plot. You executed this really well, and I'm looking forward to more amazing plots in Hoen. :)

Good job on finishing it!
Omg, such a long comment, Leafia, thank you so much! Its reading comments like these that make it all worth while, plus it helps so much as I write because I get to know what my readers are thinking as I plan different plot twists! <3 :D
[+] To Reply to Some of your Comments/Questions...
Brabantio was a death that I was hoping to avoid. :'( Eros came close at the very end when I sent him out, so I hoped I portrayed that accurately.
Regarding the other sons: You only saw Charlie Oak fall to what SHOULD have been death. You did not actually see Charlie die. Keep that in mind. :wink: Regarding Richard, I have quite a plot twist planned to explain how he is still alive. It isn't coming for a long time sadly, but it is coming :)

And Des was indeed a bad-ass. If it wasn't for Desdemona I would have lost to Jimmy easily. She may be the MVP of the run, seeing as she took down over half of Agatha's Pokémon, and took down half of Bruno's Pokémon in game. She also almost solo'd Koga, and kind of saved me from potentially losing someone against Jimmy in the eighth gym battle.

The memories will continue to remain CRUCIAL plot wise, so don't forget them. Rodolfo is the original incarnation of Jimmy, and Isaac is the original incarnation of William. Beyond that, I can say nothing about Rodolfo for now (though, I might recommend you look back and reread how Rodolfo looked :wink: )

And yes, Iris and William were lovers in the past. You will be seeing much more of Iris as the series develops. I can't comment though how her and William's relationship plays out, only that you will see, and unlike many other plot twists you will find this one out rather soon. I will say that the love story between Val and William is over.

Cyrus is going to be interesting when I get to him. I think everyone is going to enjoy, he will be a very different type of villain (you should know that he will not be the actual main villain when I do get to that run).

And N, oh N...of all my characters, there will be more mysteries and plot twists surrounding N than any other character. He will surprise you on numerous occasions. And regarding Val, I won't see if she is joining Team Plasma or not, but I will say you have not seen the last of her. She is going to be back.

And thank you regarding the epilogue! I really enjoyed wrapping up things myself. The story run felt complete at the end, even if it ended in a cliff hangerish way.Thank you so much, but I have to admit that regarding Pokémon deaths I got rather lucky at the few numbers I had and that the Pokémon majoritly seemed to die at the right places plot wise. In my next run, there are many more deaths, and many often occur from grinding or random trainer battles. However, I will be rearranging where and how the die when I write the run so they are plot relevant.

And I think this next run is going to be a roller coaster, so I look forward to writing it! :)
AND TRAILER TIME!!!

The trailer has been uploaded but youtube is slow for me right now so I haven't been able to check to see if its working. I don't know if its me or youtube.

Here is the link, let me know if its working for y'all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjuDPJ-vUBI

Let me try to put it in the post below here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjuDPJ-vUBI

Also, Mods, feel free to move this to completed whenever :)

Psyche
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

December 27th, 2011, 1:50 am #615

That feel when you finish a good book and are dying for the sequel... yup.

All dem final plot twists. Finding myself very interested in Iris now, and how she and N will tie into everything (as well as Val), especially since Hoenn is next.

Also it'd be amazing if you could make a little visual family tree for every relation that we know so far (or that we think we know) :D Looking forward so hard to the next installment, great job on everything you've done!
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

TrainerBOB

December 27th, 2011, 2:05 am #616

Psyche wrote:That feel when you finish a good book and are dying for the sequel... yup.

All dem final plot twists. Finding myself very interested in Iris now, and how she and N will tie into everything (as well as Val), especially since Hoenn is next.

Also it'd be amazing if you could make a little visual family tree for every relation that we know so far (or that we think we know) :D Looking forward so hard to the next installment, great job on everything you've done!
Thanks Psyche! :)

And ah yes! I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that! Thanks for reminding me Psyche! :)

A week or so before the sequel is released, there will be a post in this run that is composed of the following:
1). Plot Summaries for this entire run organized into each of the ten parts.
2). Individual Character Bios.
3). Individual Vocab Entries (The Civil War of Johto, The Ancient Prophecies, etc.)
4). Visuals that have family trees that include all known members. For those where a name is not known, there will be a question mark. For example, in the slot of Koga's oldest child, there will be a question mark. If there is a relative that has not yet been revealed (for example, lets say a child of Charlie Oak), then there will be no reference to the family tree whatsoever. Therefore, when you look at the family tree, it will appear that Charlie Oak is childless, but there may very will be a child that you just don't know about yet. Or Charlie really could be childless, but you won't know for sure until I reveal it. So, basically, I'm only going to remind you all of what has already been revealed.

That will all be in that post, organized in an orderly fashion! :) And if you forget I'm doing it, don't worry, in my very first post of my new run there will be a large reminder about this post and a direct link to it!

Thanks for reminding me to tell people about that Psych! :)

The sequel will be coming mid to late January, so keep on the look out for that guys.

In the meantime, you can head over to my blog on this forum, where once a day I will be posting a quote from what I am working on! It will be a good way for me to keep people excited in the sequel and keep me honest to keep writing! :)

Andaeus
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym

December 27th, 2011, 6:19 am #617

Great ending, and a bit of a surprise.
[+] My Wild Guesses
Everyone on both sides who should know was saying Jimmy would win. Before the last few chapters figured this meant that it had been misinterpreted, and that the Eldest it referred to was William(Is he older than Chris by a few months or something? I can't remember if it was ever mentioned). However, the more knowledgeable characters hiding in the background were so startled I can't help but think it's not that simple.

I also figure Charlie has a son that's going to figure prominently in there somewhere next time. You know, Sons of Three, the sons of the original three brothers? Or maybe it's more metaphorical, since the number three is present in a lot of aspects of Poke Earth (as you/Agatha have mentioned).

The video was a nice touch, by the way. I still have no idea who Richard and Charlie are in the Pokemon series, although the video kind of implied Charlie was the guy who kind of looked like Steven (I didn't watch that far into the anime so I don't actually know if that's who the gray-haired guy is). I don't think he is the Second, unless the Devon president is Charlie. Is the mysterious stranger who murdered Blaine Koga's son? I don't really have a good reason to think so, it's just sort of a gut feeling.
Anyway, I'm very excited for the sequels. This one was already a fun read, and you've been steadily improving since the start, especially your battle scenes. You put more description in what the attacks are doing and how, rather than rattling off their names like a lot of people. And I really want to see how everything comes together.

Comatose
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

December 27th, 2011, 6:54 am #618

I like to read, but it's usually a pain for me to read off of a computer. Not sure why, i just usually don't do it. Because of this, i wasn't sure whether or not to check this run out. I'm very thankful that I did, though. This run has been an amazing rolllercoaster ride from beginning to end. The twists, cliffhangers, development, and just overall writing and storytelling style you have could rival professional writers. You've got a lot of talent, my friend, and I can't wait for the next run.

Also, A thought that just occoured to me, who is older, Chris or William? And by how much?
A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. Then you can focus on it and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient and you hold still, well maybe, just maybe, it'll come to you. And I mean hell...if you have to live the rest of your life in a memory...you might as well make it a good one.- Leonard Church, Red Vs Blue

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

December 27th, 2011, 8:48 am #619

I have to ask Bob, what did you use for the background music for the trailer?

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler

TrainerBOB

December 27th, 2011, 2:14 pm #620

Andaeus wrote:Great ending, and a bit of a surprise.
[+] My Wild Guesses
Everyone on both sides who should know was saying Jimmy would win. Before the last few chapters figured this meant that it had been misinterpreted, and that the Eldest it referred to was William(Is he older than Chris by a few months or something? I can't remember if it was ever mentioned). However, the more knowledgeable characters hiding in the background were so startled I can't help but think it's not that simple.

I also figure Charlie has a son that's going to figure prominently in there somewhere next time. You know, Sons of Three, the sons of the original three brothers? Or maybe it's more metaphorical, since the number three is present in a lot of aspects of Poke Earth (as you/Agatha have mentioned).

The video was a nice touch, by the way. I still have no idea who Richard and Charlie are in the Pokemon series, although the video kind of implied Charlie was the guy who kind of looked like Steven (I didn't watch that far into the anime so I don't actually know if that's who the gray-haired guy is). I don't think he is the Second, unless the Devon president is Charlie. Is the mysterious stranger who murdered Blaine Koga's son? I don't really have a good reason to think so, it's just sort of a gut feeling.
Anyway, I'm very excited for the sequels. This one was already a fun read, and you've been steadily improving since the start, especially your battle scenes. You put more description in what the attacks are doing and how, rather than rattling off their names like a lot of people. And I really want to see how everything comes together.
Oh wow, thank you very much Andeaus, glad to have another reader :)
[+] Replies
Bah, you are touching on so many important things, I can't really say much to anything without risking revealing something.
I can say Yes - Steven is indeed the guy with the grayish/whitish hair. Whether or not he is the Second Son, you will see.
For everything else, I can only say you will see. You are attacking me on all the front lines plot wise, and I am quite enjoying it :coolshades:
Comatose wrote:I like to read, but it's usually a pain for me to read off of a computer. Not sure why, i just usually don't do it. Because of this, i wasn't sure whether or not to check this run out. I'm very thankful that I did, though. This run has been an amazing rolllercoaster ride from beginning to end. The twists, cliffhangers, development, and just overall writing and storytelling style you have could rival professional writers. You've got a lot of talent, my friend, and I can't wait for the next run.

Also, A thought that just occoured to me, who is older, Chris or William? And by how much?
Thanks Comatose, that's so nice of you! :heart:

And regarding your thought, I've seemed to have never actually reveal it or actually thought about it...
I would have to say that William is older. However, I can see where your train of thought is going, and the fact that William is older than Chris is irrelevant.
LordQ wrote:I have to ask Bob, what did you use for the background music for the trailer?
Its called Ice Fight by Jeff Williams. Its on the online web series, Red vs. Blue, which is fitting, because certain plot elements in that web series have influenced me slightly in a new plot development in the Second Son.