Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

December 21st, 2011, 9:50 pm #581

[+] Spoiler
How do you know what I thought Sons of Three meant? ::P:
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW
Aozora - Today at 6:22 PM
PILLOW

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

December 22nd, 2011, 6:32 am #582

Yus, the final battle commeth. Looking forwards to it. Oh yes.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

Hawkfire
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

December 22nd, 2011, 6:43 am #583

Yes. Oh so freaking yes. Interesting that 'Sons of Three' doesn't refer to the sons of Richard, Charlie, and Jimmy. I don't have a clue about what its gonna be, so I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.

Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

December 22nd, 2011, 8:50 am #584

Sorry I haven't commented in a goood long while.

In my opinion, you should probably refer to Jimmy as Mewtwo.

My reasoning:

1. Jimmy was a man. He's not a man anymore.
2. In the battle sequence to come, it will make more sense to use the name Mewtwo, so people don't get confused.
3. In most stories where the villain changes his physical appearance, he typically prefers to be called by the new title he has given himself e.g. Syndrome in the Disney movie The Incredibles.
4. Either way you go, you can use either name as a mocking device against him and really tick him off, if it comes to that. Put the thing in a fit of rage.
Hello. Let's play some music.

Kelsi
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym

December 22nd, 2011, 10:18 am #585

Oh my good God. I may or may not have just spent the entire night reading this run. It may or may not be 2 AM right now. I may or may not have a French Final this afternoon. But I definitely don't care because this is just about the most amazing run I have ever seen. You are an absolute god. Actually. This is the most creative thing ever. My mind has been fucked with in the best way possible.

Things I totally called:
[+] Spoiler
1. Val=Jessie (I actually swore aloud when I realized this. It wasn't right away - around Lavender I think)
2.Val/Jessie and James/Jamie were Silph's kids
3. Giovanni=James
4. probably other things that happened that I'm just not recalling right now.
But there were a LOT more things I got completely wrong or just didn't see coming at all.

Also, I find it funny (odd kind of funny, not haha kind of funny) that basically everyone in Kanto is dead. It's like OHEY THERE'S A PERSON boom dead. But it makes sense given Jimmy's character. If they're involved, they perish.

But holy shitballs, you're an amazing writer. I wish I would have checked this run out like a million years ago. I love editing (I'm a grammar freak), and I would have been happy to offer you help with that.

This run is giving me a lot of inspiration for my storylocke-in-progress. I've been trying to figure out how to spice up the plot, and this run is like the motherlode of plot.

I could keep rambling on about how in awe I am, but I think it's getting old.

So I'm just going to cry myself to sleep and wish I could write this well.

Kthxbye

also, predictions:
[+] Spoiler
everyone dies and everything that Iris chick (who, by the way, I think is a legendary Pokemon in disguise) said would happen will happen. Then William can escape to Unova and try to take down Jimmy's presence there. Or Iris is actually the gym leader Iris from Opelucid City.

I was about to say that I thought mystery man was Charlie, but then I realized that Charlie wouldn't be looking for Charlie x.x so no clue who that is.

I also think that Koga's unidentified son is N Harmonia in Unova. Basically I'm convinced that the first sequel is in Unova.

LeafiaDream
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

December 22nd, 2011, 1:12 pm #586

wrote:
[+] Spoiler
everyone dies and everything that Iris chick (who, by the way, I think is a legendary Pokemon in disguise) said would happen will happen. Then William can escape to Unova and try to take down Jimmy's presence there. Or Iris is actually the gym leader Iris from Opelucid City.

I was about to say that I thought mystery man was Charlie, but then I realized that Charlie wouldn't be looking for Charlie x.x so no clue who that is.

I also think that Koga's unidentified son is N Harmonia in Unova. Basically I'm convinced that the first sequel is in Unova.
Kelsi, you crack me up. XD'

Anyway.
[+] Spoiler
Woooooow okay, level 50s against level 70 Mewtwo.
Totally did not realise that was the case. o.o
…
Still think you're going to win. :P
Hello...pleased to make your acquaintance.

I can come off as rude, but I promise, I don't mean to be.

If I comment on what you say, it means you're worth commenting on, so please, don't be too offended!

lisalo
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

December 22nd, 2011, 6:18 pm #587

Desdemona as a mew power being... I was kinda hoping you had glitched and caught a Mew (it can be made into the area's first mon).

The sons of three, if not refering to the sons of the three characters, refers to the legendary birds... maybe you are talking about the dogs? I mean, you are doing an SS run ,so...
Before I forget, Fleance or Brabantio will die. Desdemona can't die as she's got the plotline power, Eros is too good against the birds and both water and fire typing can stand semi well against Mewtwo. Poison mons... not so much.

Psyche
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

December 22nd, 2011, 10:12 pm #588

[+] Spoiler
Ahhh now it all makes sense :v: Now since you said you went underleveled against Mewtwo... Jimmy will definitely be killing someone, I'm sure. (well that is his job after all)
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

December 23rd, 2011, 12:09 am #589

Alrighty y'all, I have a bit of bad news.
Sadly, the final battle is long. Way too long. Therefore, I am diving it up into two chapters. There is partly because I am a massive troll, and partly because I do not want a 30+page chapter. To be honest, I don't know if a single post can HOLD a 30 page chapter.

So, update time!

First though, replies:
[+] Replies
Pillowcase wrote:
[+] Spoiler
How do you know what I thought Sons of Three meant? ::P:
Well, I've assume you all think it means the sons of Jimmy, Charlie, and Richard Oak, but maybe you have a different meaning in mind. :v: You'll see what it actually means eventually...
LordQ wrote:Yus, the final battle commeth. Looking forwards to it. Oh yes.
Its..its big. Literally. :ugh:
Hawkfire wrote:Yes. Oh so freaking yes. Interesting that 'Sons of Three' doesn't refer to the sons of Richard, Charlie, and Jimmy. I don't have a clue about what its gonna be, so I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.
Thanks Hawkfire!
And a quick thing on the name...
[+] Spoiler
William Oak and Chris Oak are both sons of three in the term that has been applied to it and in the true, deeper meaning there is. So things haven't really changed that much, just know that there is a much deeper meaning going on.
Epsilon wrote:Sorry I haven't commented in a goood long while.

In my opinion, you should probably refer to Jimmy as Mewtwo.

My reasoning:

1. Jimmy was a man. He's not a man anymore.
2. In the battle sequence to come, it will make more sense to use the name Mewtwo, so people don't get confused.
3. In most stories where the villain changes his physical appearance, he typically prefers to be called by the new title he has given himself e.g. Syndrome in the Disney movie The Incredibles.
4. Either way you go, you can use either name as a mocking device against him and really tick him off, if it comes to that. Put the thing in a fit of rage.
Thanks Epsilon! I thought about it though, and I ended up going with Jimmy. My reasoning was that for the entire run, Jimmy was the name that sent shivers down my reader's back. It would feel odd to not use his name in the finale. Thank you though! :smile:
Kelsi wrote:Oh my good God. I may or may not have just spent the entire night reading this run. It may or may not be 2 AM right now. I may or may not have a French Final this afternoon. But I definitely don't care because this is just about the most amazing run I have ever seen. You are an absolute god. Actually. This is the most creative thing ever. My mind has been fucked with in the best way possible.

Things I totally called:
[+] Spoiler
1. Val=Jessie (I actually swore aloud when I realized this. It wasn't right away - around Lavender I think)
2.Val/Jessie and James/Jamie were Silph's kids
3. Giovanni=James
4. probably other things that happened that I'm just not recalling right now.
But there were a LOT more things I got completely wrong or just didn't see coming at all.

Also, I find it funny (odd kind of funny, not haha kind of funny) that basically everyone in Kanto is dead. It's like OHEY THERE'S A PERSON boom dead. But it makes sense given Jimmy's character. If they're involved, they perish.

But holy shitballs, you're an amazing writer. I wish I would have checked this run out like a million years ago. I love editing (I'm a grammar freak), and I would have been happy to offer you help with that.

This run is giving me a lot of inspiration for my storylocke-in-progress. I've been trying to figure out how to spice up the plot, and this run is like the motherlode of plot.

I could keep rambling on about how in awe I am, but I think it's getting old.

So I'm just going to cry myself to sleep and wish I could write this well.

Kthxbye

also, predictions:
[+] Spoiler

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for that very long comment and the many nice thinks you said about me! <3 I love reading comments like this, and I just can't believe you spent all that time reading this in one night.
[+] A Reply!
1. Firstly, oh my god I am so sorry for the fact that you had a French Final today. I took French this semester, and it absolutely killed me.
2. I'm glad you got Val was Jessie and I'm also glad (and sorry) that it upset you so. That remains one of my favorite plot bombs in this run. You will be a worthy adversary in future plot twists if you continue to follow the series, and I hope I can pull a few more things off. I have quite a bit planned.
3. And you are right, I blame Jimmy for all the relentless death. It wasn't my fault I killed too many characters. ::P: In all seriousness though, I am going to address the all the dying that took place when I post the epilogue. Deaths and the right way to handle them is definitely something I learned about in this run.
4. I am going to have to check out your run! :) I have a lot of runs I want to catch up on right now...
5. And thank you again, you are very very nice. <3
[+] As far as your predictions go...
Normally I just say you'll see when it comes to predictions, but I am able to say a little bit more to your predictions.

Firstly, the Iris you've seen is indeed the same Iris from the gym in Unova. However, that doesn't mean there isn't anything very, very, very special about her.

Also, when it comes to Koga's unidentified son, I will say it is not N Harmonia. The reason I am revealing this, is because in this run N is about the same age as William and Chris. Koga's unidentified son is also Koga's oldest child, and therefore is way past his teenage years. However, N Harmonia does play a VERY crucial role in this series. In fact, he has already been mentioned in the plot of this run. Y'all just haven't realized it yet. ;)
LeafiaDream wrote:Kelsi, you crack me up. XD'

Anyway.
[+] Spoiler
Woooooow okay, level 50s against level 70 Mewtwo.
Totally did not realise that was the case. o.o
…
Still think you're going to win. :P
Yep...level 50s. You'll see what happens though ;)
lisalo wrote:Desdemona as a mew power being... I was kinda hoping you had glitched and caught a Mew (it can be made into the area's first mon).

The sons of three, if not refering to the sons of the three characters, refers to the legendary birds... maybe you are talking about the dogs? I mean, you are doing an SS run ,so...
Before I forget, Fleance or Brabantio will die. Desdemona can't die as she's got the plotline power, Eros is too good against the birds and both water and fire typing can stand semi well against Mewtwo. Poison mons... not so much.
Thanks for the predictions lisalo! I always enjoy reading a prediction, because it lets me know where the readers stand and how my hints are working. :)
Psyche wrote:Ahhh now it all makes sense Now since you said you went underleveled against Mewtwo... Jimmy will definitely be killing someone, I'm sure. (well that is his job after all)
Yes, sadly I went in heavily underleveled. And there were grave consequences...[/quote]
Omg, so many comments, I love y'all! :heart:

Now...what you've been waiting for. Chapter Ninety-One: And so the Eldest Wins, Part 1...

Chapter Ninety-One
[+] Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-One: And the Eldest Wins, Part 1

“Well William…you called me. Go ahead, make your move. Attack.”

Jimmy did not move his mouth when he talked. Rather, his thoughts were expelled out into the air, the voice coming out from him. William looked at Jimmy, the twisted thing he had become, and he could no longer see the man in the business suit he had last seen at the Gym. He only saw a twisted fiend, a monster who had murdered time and time again. Jimmy’s eyes were glowing a dark purple.

“I’ll give you ten seconds William,” Jimmy said. “Then I’ll order the legendary birds to attack.

“Ten.”

William had to think fast. The stadium was screaming. Jimmy was standing in his new, deformed form not but twenty yards away from him. Behind him were Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno – all of them with their wings folded but their eyes focused on William. Their eyes – which glowed a deep purple.

“Nine.”

William was no longer afraid – he was brain working too fast to process fear. He quickly took in all his surroundings – the dark clouds above the clapped thunder, the surrounding stadium filled with people (some of them dead), and an empty battlefield that stretched out all around him.

“Eight.”

The past few months of his life people had compared him to his mother and father more than ever before. Koga had told him he was more like his mother than his father, more like Janine than Richard. He had her battle skills. And said skills were greater than Charlie and Jimmy Oak.

“Seven.”

So what would Janine do? She would think. She would think quickly and fast. She would analyze the best possible way to maneuver out of the fight as soon as possible. The longer the fight was the less chance he had to win. He had to eliminate each of the birds quickly so he could have a full team of Pokémon to defeat Jimmy, or Mewtwo, whatever he called himself now.

“Six.”

And so William’s thoughts churned as quickly as possible, reviewing everything Lorelei has said to him. The Legendary Birds are still Pokémon William, they are subjected to type weaknesses just as much as your Pokémon are. Right – so take advantage of type weaknesses.

“Seven.”

These last three legendary birds will not be as strong as their parents. Their parents lived for thousands of years before Jimmy caught them and forced them to battle till their deaths. These legendary birds are but a few decades old. They will still be immensely powerful, but they will also be much, much weaker compared to their parents. Right – so match up one Pokémon with each of the legendary’s, and use the rest to battle off Jimmy until the legendaries were defeated and the rest of the team could jump in.

“Six.”

I am one of the few humans that know that their power grows with age. Jimmy is probably not aware of this fact. Keep that in mind William. So William needed to use Jimmy’s arrogance and ignorance against him. That wouldn’t be too hard, Jimmy Oak would make that part easy for William.

“Five.”

William could only send one Pokémon after each bird. And they would have to battle the birds alone, without any orders. William would be occupied with fighting Jimmy. And while the birds weren’t as powerful as their parents, it would still help if William’s Pokémon would have a type advantage. So Tybalt would take on Articuno, Fleance would go after Zapdos and Virgilia would battle Moltres. Brabantio and Eros would fight Jimmy while waiting for William’s other three Pokémon to return. And Desdemona would join in if she awoken from unconsciousness.

“Four.”

But how was he supposed to beat Jimmy? He had power that William knew was equivalent to a Mew, and that would be untouchable. If he wanted to, Jimmy could take down all six of William’s Pokémon right then and there. So why was he waiting?

“Three.”

William had come to get to know Jimmy a little too well. And so William knew that the monster wanted to play with his food before he ate it. He wanted to torture William; he wanted to make William scream.

“Two.”

Perhaps there was hope to beat him though. In his mind, William quickly replayed the scene of Agatha’s most episode. She had said something…something before she had done whatever she had done to Desdemona. She said something about Desdemona having the Power of a Mew. Was there really such a chance of something?

“One.”

If Desdemona had the Power of a Mew inside of her, then she could possibly beat Jimmy. But she had to wake up first.

So William had to stall until she did so.

“Zero.”

“TYBALT – ARTICUNO, VIRGILIA – MOLTRES, FLEANCE – ZAPDOS!” His Pokémon leapt into action, knowing exactly what their trainer wanted. The Charizard leapt across the twenty yards, crashing into Articuno, attempting to slash at her with his claws. The Articuno avoided the attacks, and she dug the claws of her feet into Tybalt’s stomach, drawing blood and doing more damage then any Pokémon had done prior to the Charizard. Tybalt roared, but he broke free of the Articuno. And the he shot into the sky, and she followed him in pursuit.

Fleance sprinted forward, running his right arm through the ground as he did so, gathering pebbles and rocks into a large pile. And – when the pile was large enough, he launched the pile at Zapdos, who brushed it aside with his massive wings. The Zapdos shrieked fiercely at Zapdos, and Fleance started sidestepping to the right, drawing Zapdos away from William and Jimmy.

Virgilia attacked Moltres with her Hydro Cannon attack. The bird tried to avoid the attack, but he could not move fast enough and was forced to suffer a powerful current of water. The Moltres shrieked, and she soared into the air, escaping the attack temporarily. Virgilia followed, turning her back to William as she stumbled after the Moltres.

Jimmy did not move during any of the attacks. He stayed perfectly still, his eyes only flickering as he watched each bird fly off.

“So you’re actually going to fight?” Jimmy asked. “Here I was thinking you had given up.”

William swallowed, and dared a glance down at Desdemona. Her eyes were still closed, and she showed no signs of waking anytime soon.

Stall.

Jimmy was waiting, William could tell. All William was left with was Brabantio, his Venasaur and Eros, his Jolteon. Both Pokémon were standing in front of the trainer, waiting for the order to attack. And in William’s hands was his Butterfree.

“PIN MISSILE AND VINE WHIP!” William ordered, hoping it’d do something. The tips of the spikes that covered Eros’s battle began to glow, and he shot forth the attack at Jimmy. Vines snapped out of Venasaur’s side and they shot across the distance to Jimmy, flying twenty yards to reach the creature.

Jimmy lifted in the air, and he blasted through the air like a bullet to meet the attacks head-onn. He shifted in his flight to dodge the Pin Missile attack from Eros. He rose his arm in front of him, and he Brabantio’s vines wrapped around it. Jimmy stopped mid-air, now not but ten yards from William.

And he jerked by his bony arm which Brabantio’s vines were wrapped around. The Pokémon was lifted off the ground, and went flying in the air, pulled by the vines. Jimmy used his arm to slam the Pokémon into the ground. And then in the next second, Jimmy was above Brabantio who was still struggling to recover. Jimmy’s arm outstretched and his entire body glowed in a light purple outline. The Vines that were still wrapped around his right arm snapped and broke like twigs. And then a powerful force blasted down at Brabantio, indenting him into the ground, and sending up clouds of dust.

William screamed a cry of terror, and watched apprehensively. Eros jumped in front of his trainer, but the Pokémon’s body was trembling at the power he had just witnessed. When the smoke clouds cleared, William saw Jimmy floating above Brabantio, his body still outlined in the dark Purple. And beneath him was Brabantio, who was not moving.

Brabantio was on his back, his stomach in the air. In, his stomach, was a hole that was two-feet all around. The hall went all the way through Brabantio’s body, to the point that the blood stained ground beneath Brabantio could be seen.

Brabantio was dead. Just like that, Jimmy had killed the Pokémon.

No… William thought, his knees wobbling. His earlier emotions were gone. Now he was afraid.

Eros jumped forward, attacking without orders, his body sparkling with electricity. But Jimmy just blinked his eyes, and the Jolteon was sent blasting backwards, flying fifty yards before landing. William turned his head back, and he had no idea if Eros survived the attack.

And then William turned his head back around. Jimmy was an inch in front of him. He towered over William, floating a few inch off the ground. Jimmy’s arms snapped to William’s neck, the three webbed fingers gripping William tightly, and an invisible force chocked him. William gasped and he dropped Desdemona to the ground as he hands raised to his throat, desperately trying to free himself. But he was powerless as Jimmy slowly raised himself off the ground.

“And so the Eldest wins…” Jimmy said. “That was so much easier than I thought it would be.”

Stall. STALL DAMNIT!

William made choking sounds as he tried to talk, desperately to get the words out. His legs swung back and forth off the ground, trying to fight Jimmy in anyway he could.

“You…you’re wrong,” William managed to say, as he started to run out of breath.

“About what?” Jimmy asked, his voice sneering as he pressed his mutated face against William’s.

“My…my father…and Charlie…they are still alive.”

“No,” Jimmy said, pushing his face against William’s. “They are dead.”

“P…p…prove it.”

And then the choking sensation stopped as Jimmy released William’s throat but held him in the air.

“Very well William Oak.”

And then a different type of agony began as Jimmy dove his own mind into William’s, pushing memories into his.

---------------------------------------------

An Ice-Beam attack shot past Tybalt, who narrowly avoided it by a few inches. The Charizard knew he could not afford to take a single ice-attack, or he would go plummeting down to the earth. A fall like that would kill him.

Tybalt was still rising in the air, followed by Articuno who was just but a dozen yards below him. The bird shrieked as she pursued Tybalt, shooting attack after attack after him. Tybalt leveled out, ending his incline, and flying straight, circling the stadium. He spun to the right, narrowly dodging another Ice-Beam attack.

Tybalt snarled. Dodging was good and everything, but he needed to strike back.

Another Ice-Beam shot past Tybalt, just missing him again.

That’s it.

Tybalt flipped over turning around and facing the Articuno. His jaws spread wide and he shot a powerful Fire-Blast attack at the legendary bird, spewing as many flames as he could at the oncoming opponent.

Articuno dived, dodging the attack, and shooting an Ice-Beam up at Tybalt from below. The Charizard rolled to the side in the air, dodging it again. He winced as his throat burned from the fierce fire attack he had unleashed just seconds ago. He didn’t have many of those left in him.

Articuno shot up in the air, and she attempted to destroy Tybalt with an Ice-Beam at close range. She was but mere inches from the Charizard, her wings spread wide, her beak cracked open as a powerful Ice-Beam attack formed in her jaw…

And then Tybalt slashed at her cheek, drawing bright red blood and snapping her head to the left. The Ice-Beam shot out, the instant her head snapped away, completely missing Tybalt entirely. The Charizard roared, and then he unleashed flames, another attack of his own, but Articuno slapped at him with one of her wings, knocking him away and causing his flames to spew into open space.

Articuno dove after Tybalt, driving her beak into the Charizard’s right shoulder. The two went falling to the ground like boulders, spinning and spinning like a top as Tybalt struggled to break free…

And then Tybalt unleashed a blast of flames from his jaw as they continued to fall, setting both himself and the Articuno aflame. The bird broke free, and screeched as she rose straight into the air, heading into the dark rain clouds ahead. Tybalt roared and he followed. Blood was now dripping from him from multiple wounds and his body was suffering minimal damage from the flames that covered him.

As he rose, Tybalt couldn’t help but smile. He had always loved the thrill of a fight. And now he had meant a worthy opponent.

The Charizard was going to enjoy this.

----------------------------------------

Fleance grinned as the electrical attack vibrated through him. He could hear nothing but an annoying buzzing sounds for several seconds afterwards, but other than that Zapdos’s Thunder had done no damage to the Nidoking.

Yesterday, when he was sitting on the floor of the pool of water, Fleance had hated being part ground type.

Today he loved being part ground type.

Zapdos flew above him, following him, as Fleance ran away, pulling the Pokémon away from Jimmy and William. The Nidoking did not know what his trainer was up to, but he trusted William to do whatever was necessary.
Another electrical attack zapped Fleance, and the Nidoking felt the powerful current runt through his body. Zapdos was powerful – that much was sure. But Fleance was a ground type – and Zapdos was an electrical Pokémon.

Fleance stopped and turned heel, looking up at Zapdos in the sky. He pounded on his fists, roaring as the Zapdos circled him above.

Another electrical attack. This was too, like the others did no damage.

Fleance roared, challenging the Zapdos. The Pokémon shrieked in return. And then it dived down, flying straight towards Fleance. The legendary bird’s razor sharp beak gleamed.

Fleance grinned grimly. Now he was in trouble.

------------------------

Virgilia kept Moltres at bay, shooting water into the air to keep the Pokémon from descending down and attacking. Few of her attacks had landed since the first, but that first blow had done enough damage that Virgilia knew she just needed to land a few more. But Moltres knew that too, and so the Legendary Bird was wary.

There was a loud slam, and Virgilia’s eyes snapped for a brief second to almost fifty yards away, where she had left William and Jimmy Oak. But before she noticed anything her attention returned to the matter at hand, where she knew she was needed most. She needed to defeat the Moltres as quickly as possible so she could return and help William beat Jimmy.

Virgilia knew their chance of success was minimal. She knew Jimmy was likely going to kill them all with ease. But Surge had never given up so easily.

And if there was one thing Virgilia had learned in her brief time as Surge’s Pokémon, then it was fight like hell until the very end. And that was exactly what Virgilia was going to do.

She blasted another Hydro-Cannon attack as Moltres attempted to ascend, and the bird bolted right back up into the air, just avoiding the attack by a few inches.

Come’on… Virgilia thought. You gotta come down here someday…

--------------------------------------

William felt like his head was splitting in two. But part of him didn’t notice at all, because he was no longer in the middle of the stadium filled with screaming fans with the deformed creature that had once been Jimmy Oak in front of him.

Instead, he was flying through the air as rain plummeted down on him. He was on back of a Moltres, one that was much bigger and larger than the one in the stadium. They were flying through a storm on a dark night. It was a wicked storm, terrifying in every aspect.

The Moltres was let lose a blast of flames upon a trainer who was atop a Pidgeot. The trainer was screaming in pain, and the next second the trainer was descending downwards, disappearing into the darkness below, both the trainer and the Pidgeot alit with fire.

There was a deep roar below. It sounded like it came from something monstrous, horrible and large.

And then Charlie Oak was gone.

The memory ended, and William was back in the stadium. Jimmy had retreated from his mind, but he was still mere inches from his face. William was still levitating in the air, trapped by Jimmy’s power.

“And now…” Jimmy hissed. “Now witness how your father died.”

And then William screamed as Jimmy forced himself back into William’s mind.

Jimmy Oak was walking down a rocky mountain slope path, both hands behind his back. The rain had stopped, but the sky was still covered is large dark clouds above. A powerful clap of thunder roared in the sky. Jimmy looked up at the sky, and then shrugged.

Jimmy was wearing the suit William had always seen him wear before. He seemed almost two decades younger, as his hairline had yet to start to recede. Instead, his wet hair dangled down, some strands almost reaching his eyes. He walked on, his shoes squishing in the wet ground beneath him.

It wasn’t long before Jimmy saw Richard Oak. William felt his mind reeled in shock at the first sight of his father. He laid sprawled out on the ground, his arms pointing out in two different directions, both of them likely broken. His right leg was twisted backwards, and it was lying on Richard’s chest. His left leg jerked out at a ninety-degree angle from his body. Somehow, his chest was still moving up and down from breathing.

But William’s mind was reeling as he took in his father’s physical features for the first time. He had a long and angular face. His nose was small, but his lips were big. His hair was long and straight, and a beautiful brown. The tip of his hair reached beyond the bottom of his neck. He wore a white long-sleeve shirt, with brown pants.

Jimmy reached into his pocket and took out a cigarette and a lighter. He lit the cigar and put it to his lips. He inhaled deeply, and the exhaled a large puff of smoke. And then the eldest son approached his brother.

Richard turned his head ever so slightly to look at Jimmy. He acknowledged his brother with a nod, and then said in a soft, but broken voice:

“Do you remember when we only hated each other?”

“What do you mean Richard?” Jimmy asked, as he breathed another puff of smoke. “I still hate you.”

“No…” Richard spoke, his voice still broken. “I said…when we only hated each other…you know…before we were trying to kill each other.”

Jimmy chuckled.

“Yes, I remember that.”

“Those were the days Jimmy.”

Jimmy laughed cruelly, throwing his head back and allowing his cackles to echo through the mountains. He dropped the cigarette on the ground and he crushed it with the bottom of his shoe, grinding it into the mud.

“You lost Jimmy…” Richard said softly, struggling to keep his eyes open. “You lost.”

“I lost?” Jimmy challenged. “Fool – you’re the one laying on the ground with half of your bones broken. You’re the one dying. Not me.” Jimmy turned and looked to the sky, where the thunder was still clapping loudly. “I did it wrong. I was too hasty. I settled for the legendary birds rather than Mew. Next time…next time I won’t make my final move until I have the power of Mew under my command.”

“Next time?” Richard asked, coughing. Blood splattered out of his mouth as he talked. Jimmy spun around.

“Yes! Yes you fool, next time! Do you think I’m going to give up? You and Charlie may have killed the three Legendary Birds, but you failed to kill me!”

Richard didn’t respond, he only coughed.

“Do you know what I’ve been doing for the past three years while you’ve been having sex with the woman of my dreams?” Jimmy asked, his voice snapping with anger and rage. “I haven’t just been plotting to rule Kanto you fool. I’ve been plotting to rule the entire world. And I found three of them. I found the Ancient Prophecy of Kanto. I found the Ancient Prophecy of Hoenn. And I found the Ancient Prophecy of Sinnoh The Ancient Prophecy of Johto and Unova allude me still….but do you know what the other three say? They say I win.”

Richard coughed again, and he spoke:

“What…what brings you to that conclusion?”

“You idiot,” Jimmy snapped. “The Ancient Prophecy of Kanto couldn’t be more clear. It says I will win the war of Kanto. And you know who the only person who can stop me is? Our cowardly father.”

“I think…” Richard wheezed. “I think you’ve misinterpret the prophecy…”

“Oh?”

“I’ve seen it too Jimmy…” Richard said. “And I think you’re wrong.”

“Can you not read?” Jimmy screeched at Richard. “I win! I WIN YOU FOOL! And you know what else? The Ancient Prophecy of Hoenn? It says only Charlie Oak can save stop the Power of the Gods in Hoenn. AND GUESS WHAT? Charlie is dead! Dead and gone! How will Charlie stop the Power of the Gods from the grave?”

“…Again…” Richard said, coughing. “You’ve misinterpreted it. And who says Charlie is dead?”

“YOU FOOL!” Jimmy screamed suddenly, snapping, “I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU DAMNIT!”

“I know Jimmy...” Richard said. “I know you hate me.” Jimmy was crying now, as his entire body shook he was crying.

“YOU TOOK JANINE FROM ME. YOU STOLE HER FROM MY HANDS!” Jimmy roared. “YOU WERE ALWAYS THEIR FAVORITE TOO! DAD AND MOM LOVED YOU BEST!”

“I was always under the assumption that you were our father’s favorite,” Richard wheezed. “But that’s not argue over such trivial things…while I’m dying…please?”

“I think…” Jimmy sobbed. “I think the process needs to be sped up.”

And then Jimmy snapped the lighter out of his pocket, and he clipped the lighter, summoning fire. He dropped it on Richard. The flames started small on the clothes of Richard’s stomach, but soon the fire spread and the flames licked over his entire body.

Richard started screaming – screaming and moaning in pain. His screams echoed through the mountain, and they were truly a horrible thing to hear.

Jimmy laughed.

And William was back in the stadium, covered in sweat, panting and breathing heavily. Jimmy was still mere inches away from his face, and his eyes were glowing an intense purple.

“Now William Oak. Goodbye.”

And the next thing William knew he was on the ground. His back hurt, he must have been slammed into it. Desdemona’s body laid a few feet away. She was still not moving. Jimmy was directly above William, his bony hand outstretched, and…

----------------------

Desdemona was lying on a black floor. She was in total darkness, except for a white light that shone down upon her. She looked around, confused and scared.

And then she heard someone coming. Someone small and tiny was walking up to her, she peered into the darkness, but she could not see anything. At least, not until the figure walked into the light.

Percy, the Pikachu, suddenly emerged from the darkness. He was glowing a soft, silver light, and his body seemed like it was faded away.

“Hello Desdemona,” Percy said, greeting her kindly.

“…Percy,” Desdemona said, surprised. “Percy…” she repeated, shocked. The Pikachu bowed his head respectively at the Desdemona. “Percy…am I dying?”

“Yes.” The Pikachu said simply, like he was stating a fact. Which, Desdemona guessed, he was.

“But…but I can’t die!” Desdemona exclaimed. “Not yet, I have to help William!”

“I know,” Percy said.

“How can I help him though-”

“I said you were dying,” Percy said. “Not that you were dead.”

And the dream ended.

-----------------------------

Jimmy Oak looked down at William, and he began to thrust his arm downwards…

And then Jimmy Oak was gone, blasting backwards through the air by some invisible force that had sent him flying away. Desdemona moved like a bullet, and she flew in front of William, spreading her wings wide in front of her trainer. She was not flying with her wings, but rather she was levitating in the air. Her entire body was outlined in a light Pink color. William slowly sat up, and whispered softly…

“Desdemona…?”

“Don’t worry William,” William heard a soft and kind voice echo through the air. “I’ll take him down.”

And then Desdemona was blasting through the air, moving so fast William could hear the sound of her raising into the sky in pursuit of Jimmy Oak, or rather the mutated being he had become.

------------------------------

Tybalt soared through the dense clouds. Moister had gathered on the body, which, while it had put out the flames that burned him, did more damage than the fire did. Tybalt looked from left to right in the clouds, trying to find Articuno.

Lighting lit the clouds suddenly, and the thunder roared, making Tybalt’s ears ring. The Articuno had made a smart decision flying into the clouds. Here, Tybalt would have trouble finding and battling the legendary bird.

Lightening roared again through the clouds, and thunder rumbled angrily in reply. Tybalt winced slightly, the noise was painful. The moist water that covered his body was painful. This was not a good situation.

And suddenly, Articuno burst out of the clouds, shrieking as she unleashed an Ice-Beam attack from the jaws of her mouth. Tybalt rolled away in the sky, narrowly dodging the attack, and he breathed a powerful wall of fire that he aimed at the Articuno. But the legendary Bird had already disappeared among the storm clouds once more. Tybalt roared angrily, and followed her in pursuit. He could not see but for a few feet in front of him, and trying to track the legendary bird was difficult.

Eventually, Tybalt flew into a hallow area of the clouds. He was in empty air, but clouds surrounded him on all sides. It was like a meadow clearing in a forest. The clouds roared with thunder, and Tybalt spun around, knowing he had fallen for a trap and Articuno would be bursting out of the clouds at any second. Lightening flashed again, and Tybalt heard a shriek behind him.

Tybalt spun around, but the Articuno was already upon him, claws tearing at his belly and her mouth gaping open as she prepared an Ice-Beam attack. Tybalt knocked her backwards with her feet, and they were separated by just a few feet and…

Lightening struck the Articuno. She shrieked in pain as the natural element damaged her body. Her wings sagged for a moment after the lightning struck and…

That was all Tybalt needed.

He was on her the next second, clawing a massive hole in her chest and alighting her with flames that he breathed out of his mouth. Articuno screamed and tried to fight back but Tybalt had already done too much damage. He bit into her shoulder, his massive teeth tearing out fur and muscles as he continued to breath fire. Articuno shrieked in pain, and she began to fall, tumbling out of the clouds as she fell towards the ground.

Tybalt followed, nose diving down, determined not to let the Articuno escape.

But the Articuno did not try to escape. She slammed into the ground, causing a tiny crater in the battlefield, which slammed up clouds of dust. Tybalt hovered in the air above the crater, eying it suspiciously. But soon, the dust blew away, and it was revealed that Articuno, the legendary bird of Ice, was dead.

Tybalt, blinked, surprised as an odd filling ran through his body. It was like a cold shiver ran down his spine and into his head. He shook his head fiercely, ignoring it, and he turned his head to the sky when he heard a sudden sonic boom.

In the sky, he could see the mutated form of Jimmy. And it was battling Desdemona, the Butterfree. The Charizard roared, and with a slap of his wings he was soaring back through the sky, off to help in the final battle against Jimmy Oak.

--------------------------------

Jimmy stopped his ascent in the sky, several feet off the ground, shocked. What could have done that? Who had the power to send him blasting backwards like that?

And then he heard whatever had sent him flying backwards flying to him.

The next thing Jimmy knew a Pokémon was slamming into him, and he gasped in shock as the two went flying into the clouds, they soared through the clouds, flying through moisture and claps of thunder. Everything went slower for Jimmy Oak as they soared through the clouds. They past a bolt of lightening, which missed them by the width of a hair strand.

And then they went blasting out of the clouds on the other side, above them, high in the atmosphere. The black clouds roared below with thunder. Jimmy floated in the sky, breathing heavily, alone. He pushed out with his mind, forming a shield made of Psychic force around him. His body outlined in a deep purple, and he raised his head to get his first look at the attacker.

It was a Butterfree.

She was floating, levitating in the air, about twenty feet from Jimmy. Her body was outlined in a light pink color, and even her eyes glowed pink. Her wings were spread wide, but she too was breathing heavily. One of her antennas was crushed up, she had obviously taken damage from colliding into him.

“What is this madness!” Jimmy demanded. “Where did you get this power?”

The Butterfree spoke. Or rather, she projected her thoughts into the air, using her Psychic power to make them into sound.

“This power Jimmy Oak,” the Butterfree said, “this power comes with knowledge. It fills my mind. And so…I can answer your question.”

Her voice was high pitched, and it did not seem the least bit threatening. But her eyes. Her eyes were wide, and glowing with power. Jimmy was taken back.

“This is the Power of Mew, belonging to the Kallistrate family,” Desdemona said, her eyes fixed on Jimmy. “Agatha Oak, descendent of the Kallistrates, gave me this power in order so William could defeat you.”

Jimmy’s eyes were wide. The Power of Mew – the thing he had been searching for his entire life.

“Give it to me,” Jimmy hissed. “GIVE ME THE POWER!”

“No,” Desdemona said, her eyes unblinking. “The Mews sacrificed themselves just so you could not have this power, Jimmy. Or rather, perhaps I should call you… Rodolfo.” Jimmy roared in rage. He did not know what the bug was talking about, but if he couldn’t have the Power of a Mew, then no one could.

“I am stronger than you,” Jimmy hissed. “I understand my power, you just got yours. I can, and will kill you.”

“Challenge, accepted.” Desdemona shot back. And then she nosed dived down, disappearing into the clouds again. Jimmy cried in rage and he followed in pursuit.

As Jimmy dove through the clouds, his mind was entirely focused on Desdemona. He would kill that Butterfree. If he couldn’t have the Power of Mew, then no one could. He had been searching for that power his entire life, it wasn’t fair if someone else had it and he couldn’t. Besides, he had a made a power of his own, one that was surely more powerful than Mew’s.

As Jimmy dove down through the clouds, he didn’t see anything peculiar. But had he not been so focused on Desdemona, he might have noticed the shadow of something large and black watching him…

Morgana Card

December 23rd, 2011, 12:28 am #590

...That chapter. 8C
[+] Spoiler
Seriously, that was so intense. I'm a bit confused by what's been happening, but in an awesome suspense-related sort of way. I feel especially bad for Brabantio, poor guy, got a giant hole blown through him. But the Desdemona-Agatha thing is especially interesting, though it gives me the impression Desdemona will die :c
Awesome job. I really can't wait to see how it ends! :D
Ongoing Run(s): LeafGreen (4 deaths, going to Cinnabar.)
Paused Run(s): None.
Failed Run(s): Emerald (5 deaths, failed at Norman.), FireRed (failed. 7 deaths.), LeafGreen (failed at 8th gym giovanni)

Psyche

December 23rd, 2011, 12:37 am #591

You got this shit, Desdemona, you've got the Power of Mew.

And Brabantio :( Goodness, it's been so long...
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

December 23rd, 2011, 1:23 am #592

Something large and black: It's obviously Tybalt, who's burnt from his own fire. :v:
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW
Aozora - Today at 6:22 PM
PILLOW

Hawkfire

December 23rd, 2011, 3:46 am #593

This is some seriously intense stuff TrainerBOB, can't wait to the next part!
Like Pillowcase I'm guessing the black creature is Tybalt, but knowing you it's probably something else.
Pity about Brabantio, and I wonder if Eros is okay...
The way you phrased it is making me think that Desdemona is going to die, I hope thats not the case.

brindle891
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym

December 23rd, 2011, 4:04 am #594

Impending Zekrom? I think so.
This is where people put clever, witty one liners right? Yeah, working on it...

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

December 23rd, 2011, 4:35 am #595

Damn, poor Brabantio. Though I had a bad feeling he'd die as soon as you sent him against Mewtwo. He wouldn't be my first choice for fighting a psychic type.

Looking forwards to the next one.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

TrainerBOB

December 23rd, 2011, 1:53 pm #596

Alright...its time for the ending to what you've all been waiting for.

First though, of course, replies:
[+] Replies
Aporia wrote:...That chapter. 8C
[+] Spoiler
Seriously, that was so intense. I'm a bit confused by what's been happening, but in an awesome suspense-related sort of way. I feel especially bad for Brabantio, poor guy, got a giant hole blown through him. But the Desdemona-Agatha thing is especially interesting, though it gives me the impression Desdemona will die :c
Awesome job. I really can't wait to see how it ends! :D
Thanks Aporia! I know things have been a little confusing lately, and sadly things are going to stay a little confusing. But hey, three runs from now, everything may start to make sense. :sweatdrop:
Psyche wrote:You got this shit, Desdemona, you've got the Power of Mew.

And Brabantio :( Goodness, it's been so long...
Desdemona was the only reason I had a chance in this battle (you'll see my strategy below in a second, and whether or not I won as well. It was mighty close.)

And yes, Brabantio made me sad :(
Pillowcase wrote:Something large and black: It's obviously Tybalt, who's burnt from his own fire.
Lol, you'll see Pillowcase...
Hawkfire wrote:This is some seriously intense stuff TrainerBOB, can't wait to the next part!
Like Pillowcase I'm guessing the black creature is Tybalt, but knowing you it's probably something else.
Pity about Brabantio, and I wonder if Eros is okay...
The way you phrased it is making me think that Desdemona is going to die, I hope thats not the case.
Thanks Hawkfire! And you'll see what happens... :wink:
brindle891 wrote:Impending Zekrom? I think so.
Maybe, maybe not. You'll see eventually. :wink:
LordQ wrote:Damn, poor Brabantio. Though I had a bad feeling he'd die as soon as you sent him against Mewtwo. He wouldn't be my first choice for fighting a psychic type.

Looking forwards to the next one.
Yeah, sadly I have little choice. After this chapter, there will be a section explaining what happened in the battle. I wrote it slightly out of order.

And thanks LordQ! :)
And now, the Eldest Wins. Thank you to everyone who has followed this Nuzloke, it has been great.

Ladies and Gentlemen, without further adieu, I give you the conclusion to the final battle.

Chapter Ninety-Two
[+] Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Two: And so the Eldest Wins, Part 2

When Jimmy emerged from the clouds and saw the stadium below, Desdemona was waiting for him. She shot a powerful blast of unseen force at him, and he spun out of the way, avoiding it with ease. Jimmy stretched out his arm and his fingers at Desdemona, and he shot a Psybeam attack that blasted through the air at her. She tried to move out of the way, but even with her power she was not quick enough and the Psybeam attack shot through one of her wings, burning a round hole through her left wing like the beam was fire and her wing was fabric. But Desdemona did not fall to the ground. She did not need her wings to fly.

Desdemona spun around, away from Jimmy, and she launched a Shadow Ball attack out of her eyes. Jimmy easily flew out of the way, and attacked with another Psybeam attack. This time though, Desdemona was ready. A bubble-shield of her Psychic power formed around her, and the Psybeam attack glanced off it, doing absolutely no damage to Desdemona.

And that’s when Jimmy felt someone biting at his foot. Jimmy yelled in surprise, and turned his head down. William’s Charizard was there, the beast gnawing at his foot, where blood splattered out. Jimmy screamed in rage, and the next second Tybalt was no longer there, and there was a loud boom in the ground below, where the Charizard had landed after being blasted backwards at hundreds of miles per hour by Jimmy’s psychic power.

“TYBALT!” Jimmy heard the Butterfree cry out with her mind. Jimmy snapped his head back to look at the Butterfree, but he was too late. A Psybeam attack hit him in his stomach, and he gasped as he went blasting backwards, his skin burned, but not penetrated, by the power. He quickly used a Recover move on himself, and he felt the burning sensation in his stomach and the bleeding in his foot stopped. He snapped his head up, just in time to see Desdemona blasting at him like a bullet.

------------------

William didn’t waste a second after Desdemona went blasting off. He immediately turned and ran in the other direction, heading to where Eros had landed many feet away.

His mind was racing. Desdemona had woken up, and she seemed to possessed power that was equivalent to what Jimmy could wield. There was hope. There was a chance. Jimmy just might not win today. William’s mind churned and churned as he thought, so much that he didn’t notice what was about to happen…

BOOM.

Zapdos crashed into the ground next to William. William cried out loud in shock and he jumped back, falling on his back and scrambling backwards.

Fleance, the Nidoking was on top of the Zapdos, the Zapdos shrieked and unleashed a powerful electrical attack that flew through Fleance’s body. Fleance grimaced, and slammed his fists into Zapdos head, when there was a defying and loud crack!

Fleance jumped off Zapdos, and stumbled backwards, breathing heavily. William rose to his feet, and tentatively walked forward, to stand next to Fleance. Fleance was studying Zapdos, waiting for a move. The Pokémon was frozen still, his back to them, and then…

Zapdos let out a choked breath, and his body began to move up and down as he breathed, but did not rise to his feet. William took an automatic step backwards, and Fleance prepared himself for an attack…

“No…” they heard Zapdos said. “Don’t…don’t waste your energy…I’m dying…Jimmy has released me…I’m no longer a threat…” Zapdos rolled over to look at them, his eyes were once again his own and they were no longer glowing a deep purple. His face was pained.

Fleance loosened his muscles, and William tentatively stepped forward.

“Zapdos…” William said softly. “I’m…I’m sorry…I’m sorry I couldn’t save you…I’m sorry you’re dying…”

“Do not apologize young one,” Zapdos said, his breath staggered. “I will always take freedom in death over slavery in life.”

And then Zapdos excelled his last breath, and the Legendary Bird of Thunder closed his eyes. He was dead.

Fleance stumbled backwards and blinked, like he was surprised by something. But then he shook his head, and looked fierce and focused again.

“Fleance,” William said. “Go help the others. I have to go make sure Eros is okay.” The Nidoking gave William a short nod and he turned and sprinted in the opposite direction of his trainer. And William turned as well, running to find the Jolteon.

Several seconds later, he came to his Jolteon, who was curled on the ground, whimpering. William bent down, and winced as he accessed the damage. The Pokémon was covered in scratches and bruises from bouncing and sliding on the ground. His back left leg seemed to be the most sensitive, and William quickly deduced that the Pokémon had broken it. William clipped a ball off his belt and was going to return Eros to his ball when the Pokémon barked angrily at William and shook his head.

“Come on Eros, you can’t even walk!” William exclaimed. “You can’t expect yourself to battle!” Eros barked angrily at William, and refused to go into his ball. William sighed, and he clipped the ball back on his belt. “Fine! But I’m carrying you!” William scooped Eros up in his arms, and held the Pokémon carefully, trying to not let the Pokémon’s spikes poke him.

And William turned around, and started running back to the middle of the field. However, that was when he saw it happen. In the air, he saw Desdemona battling Jimmy. Tybalt climbed in the air, and attacked Jimmy.

One second Tybalt was there.

And the next he wasn’t. There was a loud boom, and a cloud of smoke was kicked up. William froze in his movements, and watched and waited.

Tybalt did not emerge from the crater he had made, a little over what seemed like 50 yards away.

No. William ran then, carrying Eros in his arms. He prayed Tybalt was alright, but a cold feeling was deep in the pits of his heart.

-----------------------------------------

Virgilia’s missed…again. She stood near one of the edges of the stadium, where she could hear the fans that were still trapped in the stadium stupidly screaming their heads off. The Blastoise hated every single human in those stands. They had come and watched William battle Chris Oak, and booed as her trainer attempted to save the world. Now they did nothing but uselessly stood there and screamed.

Virgilia was keeping the Moltres away from the stands though. Despite her intense dislike for the people who merely screamed in horror, she wouldn’t let them die. She was that nice.

But Moltres was staying too high in the sky. He wouldn’t dare get close enough to Virgilia. The Blastoise shot blast of water again and again at Moltres, but she kept missing. She panted in between attacks; she was beginning to grow tired. Moltres took the advantage during one of Virgilia’s lapses in her attacking to dive down and breath fire upon the Blastoise. Virgilia jumped out of the way, just dodging the flames. Moltres rose back into the sky and-

A rock slammed into one of Moltres’s wings and the Legendary Bird of Fire shrieked as she fell to the ground, landing with a loud thump! at the unexpected weight. Virgilia took the chance and attacked the Moltres with a powerful, continuous stream of water. The Moltres tried to rise to the sky, but she could not under the force of Virgilia’s Hydro Cannon attack. Eventually, the flames on Moltres’s wings went out with a puff and the legendary Pokémon laid on the ground, dead. Virgilia blinked, and she stumbled back as an odd feeling shot through her. It was like…she became hot. Very hot. But she shook her head, freeing herself of that strange feeling.

Virgilia looked up, and saw Fleance nearby. He was the one that had thrown the rock. He nodded with respect and regard to Virgilia, and she returned the nod, blushing slightly. There was a loud noise behind Virgilia, and she turned around. Was the crowd…were they cheering? They were. The people were standing up and clapping their hands to together, crying out in joy and relief. The Blastoise couldn’t help but grin and she did a little bow. Fleance roared, reminding her that the battle wasn’t over yet, and Virgilia turned around and wobbled after Fleance as he ran back to the center of the battlefield, where Desdemona and Jimmy Oak were battling in the sky.

------------------------------

William reached the large crater where Tybalt had fallen down into, and he sighed with relief when he saw his Charizard roaring in anger and pain. Tybalt was standing on his feet, his face twisted in pain, and his left wing was crumpled and broken. The Charizard could not fly. William slid down into the crater after setting Eros aside, and he examined the wing carefully, mindful of Tybalt’s flow mood.

“You can’t battle anymore Tybalt, you’ve taken too much damage,” William said, his eyes sympathetic. Tybalt snarled at his trainer, bent down, and he jumped out of the crater, landing above with a large thump. William climbed out of the trainer, following his Charizard, and he mumbled something about his Pokémon being stubborn.

Tybalt looked to the side, where Jimmy and Desdemona could be seen fighting back and forth, and he roared angrily, mad that he himself could not be up there fighting with them. William heard the sound of rumbles, and he turned as Fleance and Virgilia ran up to them. All three Legendary Birds had been defeated.

The battle seemed to becoming to a close.

-------------------------

Jimmy and Desdemona went blasting backwards together as Desdemona slammed into Jimmy once more. This time though, Jimmy was prepared. He blasted the Butterfree backwards with a Psychic Attack from his own, ending their flight. He then squared himself, and followed in pursuit as she flew backwards.

Desdemona was waiting for him though. He soared towards her, putting all his strength in his flight to fly as fast as possible and…

Desdemona rolled out of the way, and struck Jimmy with a Psybeam attack as he shot past her. The attack pushed him backwards in a ninety-degree turn relative to where he was going, and he shrieked as the proximity of the attack drew blood. He snarled in his flight, and stopped in the air, levitating still. The Butterfree was twenty yards away from him. In rage, Jimmy blasted off towards Desdemona once more.

Desdemona duck down, and dove towards the ground as Jimmy followed. He attacked with Shadow Balls and Psybeam attacks, but she spun and wove out of the way, avoiding the attacks as they soared past her and hit the empty ground below. Jimmy Oak roared as he pursued, but Desdemona was too tricky.

The Butterfree began to ascend again, rising into the air. Lightening flashed in the sky, and thunder roared in reply. Jimmy began to rise to follow her…but then…

Jimmy turned around and he headed straight for the ground, where William and his Pokémon were, hoping to get there before she noticed his absence.

------------------------------------

William was ascending examining Virgilia. Somehow, she seemed to not have taken any damage in the fight against Moltres. William patted her affectionately on the shoulder, and said: “Good job girl.”

William raised his head to the sky, and saw Desdemona collide with Jimmy once more. He winced as Desdemona suddenly went blasting back, but she seemed alright as she continued to battle. William shuttered, feeling useless and alone. He looked to Eros instead, bending down on the ground, inspecting if there was anything else wrong with the Jolteon other than the broken leg.

It was Fleance who roared to warn William something was wrong. But even then, there was nothing he could do.

William snapped his head up, and Jimmy was there among them, his mutated body bleeding from a wound on his right shoulder. His eyes glowed a deep purple and his body was outline in a glow that illuminated his Psychic power. Fleance tried to jump on Jimmy from behind but the eldest knocked the Nidoking several feet backwards with a swish of his tale.

William cried and jumped back, carrying Eros with him, but Jimmy’s didn’t look to William yet.

His first target was Tybalt.

Tybalt roared and tried to jump on Jimmy, but Jimmy send Tybalt to his back, crushed beneath Jimmy’s psychic force and-

SNAP! Tybalt’s neck broke in two, and William screamed as he watched Tybalt’s head fall off the Charizard’s body. William couldn’t look away, but he wanted to. He didn’t want to see it anymore. Blood poured out of Tybalt’s neck like a fountain, and Tybalt’s head laid on its side, his blank, empty eyes starring at William. The Charizard’s tongue hung out of its mouth

Jimmy snapped his head to William then and-

BOOM!

Desdemona was suddenly in front of William, and Jimmy was flying backwards, propelled back by an attack from Desdemona. Jimmy however, stopped mid-flight, and then blasted forwards, he stopped five yards short of Desdemona, as he pushed against some invisible barrier, growling and snarling like he was a beast of some sort.

Virgilia opened her mouth wide and she shot an Ice Beam attack at Jimmy, but Jimmy was able to deflect the attack with ease. He sent Virgilia flying backwards, and she slid over 50 yards on the back of her shell to a point where she did not raise up from. Fleance tried to jump on Jimmy once more, but the Nidoking was sent flying backwards, just as Virgilia had been. It was Eros who made the difference.

The Jolteon, who stood with three legs and one leg curled up, shot Pin Missiles at Jimmy. Jimmy tried to deflect it just as he had with the Ice Beam, but the Pin Missiles shot right through the shield and splattered through Jimmy, poking through skin and causing multiple deep wounds. Blood splattered from Jimmy and landed on the ground.

The mutation roared, and rose up in the sky. Desdemona stayed on the ground, in front of William, watching Jimmy suspiciously.

“Give in William Oak!” Jimmy said from his spot ten yards in the air. His eyes glowed a deep purple. “Give in now – and I will allow you to live!”

“Not getting desperate are we Jimmy?” William challenged, his voice shaking, trying not to think of Tybalt and his headless, bleeding body, which was mere feet from him.

“You fool, I will kill more of your Pokémon and you will die,” Jimmy said. “I am not going to lose this battle!”

“I will never serve you Jimmy,” William said. “NEVER!”

Jimmy snarled, and he blasted off, heading to where he had sent Fleance flying.

“Desdemona!” William commanded. The Butterfree rose and followed in pursuit and…

Jimmy rounded on Desdemona, turning and facing her just as she followed him. Jimmy thrusted his arms in front of him, trapping the bug in a Psychic sphere of his own making. Desdemona shrieked, and she pounded against the shield, trying to free herself. But to no anvil. She was trapped.

Jimmy smiled as he flew slowly back to William, with the bug trapped in his sphere of psychic power.

“No…” William whispered, watching Jimmy slowly descend to the ground. Desdemona cried and shrieked, and she beat against the shield of her prison. But she was trapped. William heard Jimmy propel a dark laugh into the air from within his mind.

“You lose William Oak,” Jimmy said, pausing when he was mere feet in front of William, levitating several feet above him in the air. “I win. I, the Eldest has won.” William eyes swirled towards where he could see the outline of Virgilia. There was no movement. He turned to look to Fleance. There was no movement. He looked down at Eros on the ground. The Jolteon was panting heavily, and there was no sign of Eros attacking anytime soon.

And then William looked lastly to Desdemona, who battled fiercely, but could not escape the prison Jimmy had made.

“Do not blame yourself William,” Jimmy said, his voice condescending. “You could have never beaten me. The only one who could have done that was my father, Professor Oak. And he is dead.

“Now. Bow to me.”

And William gasped as some force sent him to his knees. He could not move, he was stuck there, on all fours, on his knees. Jimmy chuckled, or rather his mind did.

“Say the words William.” William closed his eyes, and he refused to speak. He refused to say anything. He would not. “Repeat after me William: ‘All hail Jimmy Oak, our supreme over lord and leader. All hail Jimmy Oak, the most powerful and strongest one of all. All hail Jimmy Oak, who shall lead and rule us until the end of time.’” William swallowed, fighting back tears.

“No.” William said.

Jimmy lowered himself on the ground, and William felt his head thrust up against his will. William looked into Jimmy’s eyes, and he felt Jimmy enter his mind.

“Say it,” Jimmy commanded, worming himself into William’s thoughts.

“No,” William said again.

Jimmy snarled.

“How do you resist me boy?”

“I don’t know,” William said, angrily. “But no.”

“Then die.” Jimmy raised his hand over William, and…

Desdemona shrieked, and from her eyes, a powerful Psywave waved out. The Psywave broke through the shield, shattering it, and then it struck both William and Jimmy. William gasped and screamed, as did Jimmy.

And then William was no longer in the stadium.

-----------------------------------------------------------

William was not aware of his body, but he was aware of his surroundings. They were in a cold, stone castle. There were dark clouds that could be seen through the windows, and the bodies of Pokémon were everywhere. The stone, cold floor was stained in blood.

On one side of the ground, a man was bent over. He was breathing heavily in pain. The man was old, past the age of forty. His light-green hair wove down past his neck. He wore majestic robes, that were beautiful and clearly a symbol of power.

Opposing him, approximant ten yards away, was a much younger trainer. He too wore robes, and attached to his hip was a sword. On his head was a golden crown that gleamed even though there was no sunlight. He could not have been older than 18.

“You’ve lost Rodolfo,” the boy said. “I herby banish you from the Unova region, for crimes of treason against your family. Goodbye Uncle.”

Rodolfo snapped his head up, and screamed.

“NO! Isaac! No, please!”

“Leave,” Isaac said, his voice cold. “Leave before I change my mind.”

And the memory ended. And a new one began.

The setting had changed. William was now in an arena, and a different man now kneeled on the ground. He wore mail armor. Beneath where he kneeled there was a helmet, and blood splattered on the dirty ground.

The man raised his head slowly to look at a boy who stood not but twenty yards away. The boy held a sword in his hand, a sword that was covered in blood. People in the arena were screaming, egging the boy on.

“Please…please don’t do this,” the man begged.

“You killed my father,” the boy said. “You’ve killed so many of my friends.”

The boy raised his head and slowly looked at the man who was on the ground. Then he raised the sword in the air and he screamed:

“DIE UNCLE!”

And the memory ended. And a new one began.

And then soon, the memory ended. And a new one began.

And then it happened again. And again. And again. And again. And…

-----------------------------

William snapped to his senses. He was on the ground, in a large crater. Desdemona was floating in the air, blinking as she two awoken. Jimmy Oak, still in his mutated form, was lying but a few feet from William, blinking as he as well came to his senses. William jolted to his feet, and stumbled back, and…

The battle started again.

Jimmy leapt forward and attempted to attack William, but Desdemona was in front of her trainer in a single second. Desdemona and Jimmy became frozen there, trapped by each other’s attacks, neither one of them able to move. They were levitating above the ground of the crater, each of their glowing outlines glowing stronger and stronger as they fought. But they were locked in battle, neither one of them could move or direct their attention elsewhere. They were each trapped by the other.

“HOW? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?” Jimmy demanded, as Desdemona and Jimmy both tried to break free of each other.

“EROS!” William screamed for his Jolteon. The Jolteon peered into the crater, and then walked down slowly into it.

“I…I DON’T UNDERSTAD!” Jimmy roared.

“Didn’t you see what I saw?” William asked, “DIDN’T YOU SEE IT?”

“YOU FOOL!” Jimmy roared back. “Unlike you, I got the full blast. You saw only a few memories, but I saw everything! I saw the entire past, ever since the beginning! I saw the five, I saw-”

“Don’t you get it Jimmy?” William cried out. “This isn’t the first time we fought! We’ve battled again and again, and each time I beat you! Each time I’ve won! Both in this lifetime and in every lifetime prior!”

“NO!” Jimmy roared. “NO!”

“YES!” William yelled triumphantly. “This isn’t the first time the Ancient Prophecy has come to past – they have happened before and they will happen again! And each time, no matter what happens, I am going to beat you again!”

“ITS NOT POSSIBLE!” Jimmy cried, still locked in battle with Desdemona.

“EROS!” William ordered. “USE PIN MISSILE!”

Eros snarled, and he shot the Bug-type attack at Jimmy. The mutated creature shrieked in pain, but he was not able to do anything. He was stuck, trapped.

“AGAIN!” William ordered. The Jolteon attack Jimmy again. And again. And again with the same attack. Blood splattered as pins lodged themselves into Jimmy, some of them going straight through him.

“NO!” Jimmy roared. “NO!”

Jimmy panted, still trapped in his Psychic-locked battle with Desdemona, unable to move or direct his attention elsewhere. Eros panted as well, exhausted and tired.

“THIS ISN’T OVER!” Jimmy snapped. “I AM NOT ALONE WILLIAM OAK! THIS IS NOT OVER, NOT YET IT ISN’T!”

“End it Eros,” William said, tears coming to his eyes. “END IT WITH THUNDER – KILL THE MAN THAT MURDERED YOUR TRAINER AND MY MOTHER!”

Eros snarled, and his eyes sparkled dangerously. Electricity ran through Eros, and it struck Jimmy. The voltage was so high the lightening rose straight up into the air, and it hit the clouds. The storm sparkled with electricity, and the bolt returned to the Earth and struck Jimmy again.

William covered his eyes from the flash of light. When he lowered his arm, Jimmy was still there, but steam rolled off his body. The Psychic battle between Jimmy and Desdemona seemed to have ended, because Desdemona was now on the ground, her eyes fluttering.

Jimmy fell to his knees, and he rose his head to look to the dark clouds above. William watched him, careful and scared. And then, Jimmy began to whisper.

“You’re wrong William…” he said, his voice soft and dangerous. “The Ancient Prophecy of Kanto…it has pass…time and time again. But the Ancient Prophecy of Unova…the Ruling Prophecy…that’s the important one. That is the one that is still to pass for the first time.” Jimmy then lowered his head to look at William, and William felt chills run through his body. Jimmy’s eyes were wide and white, they were no longer glowing purple. His mouth was curled into a smile. He had never seen a face look more terrifying in his entire life. “Its not over yet William. Because when the four other Ancient Prophecy’s past and all eyes turn to Unova, that is when it is going to begin again. And that is when everything is going to change.” Jimmy rose his head back to look at the clouds, and his evil grin grew wider. “It has only just begun.”

And then Jimmy collapsed backwards, his eyes looking at the sky, wide and empty.

Jimmy Oak was dead.

William bent down on the ground, and immediately picked up Desdemona. She was breathing heavily, and her eyes were fluttering. They were still glowing pink. William climbed out of the crater, and stood in the middle of the stadium. Fleance and Virgilia were limping over, Fleance relying on the Blastoise to walk.

“Come on Desdemona,” William said, shaking his Butterfeee. “Come one! Pull through!”

Desdemona blinked slowly at William, and she propelled her thoughts into the air.

“I…the Power of Mew William…it is…overwhelming…”

“Push it away!” William said. “Push it away! Get rid of it!” Desdemona blinked again.

“If…if I do that…I’ll lose the memories that the Power of Mew brought you…I could tell you things William…things that would change everything…”

“I don’t want to hear them Desdemona!” William said, his voice breaking. “I just want you to be okay!”

Desdemona continued to blink rapidly at William, her eyes still glowing pink.

“William?”

“Yes Desdemona?” William said, crying now.

“If I don’t make it…I want you to know that I love you. I want to tell you that, while I still had a voice.”

And then Desdemona closed her eyes, and nothing happened for a long moment. William dropped to his knees, ignoring the crowd that murmured, wondering if the battle was over and what was happening.

William waited painfully for something to happen. Fleance, Virgilia and Eros all gathered around William and they watched, all of them anxious.

And then Desdemona’s eyes fluttered and she opened them. Her eyes were no longer glowing pink, they had returned to their normal red.

“Des…Desdemona?” William asked, his voice breaking. Despite everything that happened, William started laughing, laughing and crying at the same time. “Desdemona, are you alright?” The Butterfree didn’t say anything. Instead, she hummed softly at her trainer.

William stood up slowly, and he looked to the crowd of the stadium.

“ITS OVER!” William said, as loudly as he could. “JIMMY OAK IS DEAD! IT HAS ENDED!”

And then the crowd screamed, roaring out cried of joy. They stood and clapped and clapped, celebrating for the end to what could have been their end. William stood among his Pokémon, rocking Desdemona back and forth like she was an infant. He laughed and cried at the same time. Laughing for the life he and his fellow Pokémon had still to live, and crying for his Pokémon who had lost their life battling Jimmy Oak.

It was over.

------------------------------------------

The entire stadium was fillled with yells. People around Iris were screaming cries of joy and jubilation. Most were standing and jumping and hugging one another, glad to have survived the attack. But not Iris – she stayed in her chair, biting down on her lips. A single line of blood ran from a wound in her lip. She had bitten down hard to many times during the final battle. Despite the fact that she knew what the outcome was going to be, it was very difficult for her to resist jumping in and helping William. And she had been so, so, so very scared.

William had defeated Jimmy – just as she and Richard knew would happen. But how…how had he killed Jimmy? That should not have been possible, not for what was to come. They thought he would manage to drive Jimmy away, out of Kanto. But kill him? That should not have been possible.

This concerned her greatly. She rose her head to look to the dark clouds and she narrowed her eyes. Was it possible...?

No. Iris shook her head. Jimmy Oak was dead, regardless of what her and Richard had thought would happened this was what happened. Jimmy Oak had died. Perhaps she had misinterpreted things. Perhaps she was just wrong. Besides, it didn’t matter now. If Jimmy Oak was dead, then all the better. It would certainly make things a little easier in the future.

Iris’s eyes glanced down towards the stadium, to William Oak, who was kneeling on the ground, his head bent over, surrounded by his surviving Pokémon. Jimmy Oak didn’t matter anymore. Only William Oak mattered.

We will meet soon, William Oak, Iris thought to herself. I look forward to that day very much.

Until then, goodbye William Oak.

Goodbye, Isaac.

Goodbye, my sweet Prince of Unova.

Goodbye…my King.

Goodbye…my love.
[+] A Few Thoughts
[+] PLEASE read the chapter first. Spoilers below.
[+] You sure you've read the chapter? Okay...
First of all:

YES! I won, oh happy day, it got scary. Okay, here is how the battle happened:
My plan was to send in Desdemona to use Sleep Powder and have Tybalt come out when Mewtwo was asleep and slash him up with his claws. However, when I got to the battle, I realized that a single Psychic attack from Mewtwo brought Desdemona to the yellow, so I had to heal etc. and be switch out. Many moves into the battle (and many, many recovers from Mewtwo), I got to the point that Tybalt, Desdemona, and Virgilia were all low on health. I wasn't sure Eros could take a single hit from Mewtwo, so I sent in Brabantio, thinking he would have a higher Sp. then Fleance, which made me hope he could survive one hit while I healed Des.

Well, as you guys saw I was wrong. Brabantio went down with a single hit. Then I sent out a fully healed Des to put Mewtwo asleep while I healed the rest of the team, and the battle continued.

Eventually, when Mewtwo was very low on health, Tybalt suffered a critical hit Psychic attack from Mewtwo, which knocked him out completely despite having full health. At this point, I was very scared. I wasn't sure I was going to win. So, I sent in Eros, who survived a Psychic attack from Mewtwo AND then landed a five-hit, critical hit, super effective attack with Pin Missile. It was crazy. Mewtwo fainted, and I won. My lowest leveled Pokémon had defeated Mewtwo.

So, Dead:
Brabantio (Venasaur)
and Tybalt (Charizard).
I mourn them, but they died a necessary and worthy cause. Beating Mewtwo and winning a Pokémon Yellow Nuzloke.

Second of all:
There is still Chapter Ninety-Three and an Epilogue to go. Look for those soonish.

Third of all:
Yes! There will be a sequel which I will start soon. I am guessing mid-January. Look for a video trailer in a few days (its not anything stupid, its just a bunch of the anime clips thrown together with some exciting music thrown in the back ground. Of course...there may be hints at to what happens in the trailer ).

Fourth of all:
I know there are a lot of questions still. Who is Charlie Oak? Who is Richard Oak? On those two questions, please know that like Jimmy, Richard and Charlie Oak will be characters from the Pokémon world that you are already familiar with. Unlike Jimmy though, I really do believe this time I am going to surprise you all. I know there are countless other questions, but that is what the next three runs in this series are for. You'll get your answers, some day. :)

Fifth of all:
I know there is probably some confusion to as how did William win if Jimmy was predicted to win. Sadly, I am not going to reveal the entire Ancient Prophecy of Kanto and what it says word for word for awhile You will all find out eventually what REALLY happened in that battle. So be patient :)

Finally, please leave me a comment! :heart: Let me know what you think at some of those plot bombs.
And please. Let me know what you think regarding Iris. :wink:
Mods, if you see this, please do not move this run yet. I still have two more chapters to go to wrap everything up plot wise.

Destiny
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym

December 23rd, 2011, 5:05 pm #597

Wow... fantastic finish ;-; or lack of finish xD SO MANY QUESTIONS. And so much excitement and sadness and wow. Can't believe that this run is practically over xP

TrainerBOB

December 24th, 2011, 1:29 am #598

[+] Reply
Destiny wrote:Wow... fantastic finish ;-; or lack of finish xD SO MANY QUESTIONS. And so much excitement and sadness and wow. Can't believe that this run is practically over xP
Thanks Destiny! And ues, there are a lot more questions still to be answer! :wink: And I am just as surprised, it has been almost a whole year!
Chapter Ninety-Three is coming tomorrow!

Hawkfire

December 24th, 2011, 2:08 am #599

Damn, I didn't see that you'd put the chapter up until just now!
[+] Spoiler
So many questions, so many things left unanswered! Great finale though, thank god that Jimmy's dead. Still, seeming as it wasn't meant to happen I can't help but to think it's going to cause something horrible. Sucks about Tybalt's death, he was one of my favourites. Can't wait till tommorow! I wonder which region we're going to next... Plot stuff points at Unova, but given it's the place of the "ultimate prophecy" it sound more like the place you'd finish this story, and didn't you say it was going to be a trilogy? Still, I might be mistaken so...
You probably wouldn't be going to Johto, since the prequel is there, so I'm betting on Sinnoh or Hoenn for the nest one. Still, it was a great final battle from my favourite story run!

lisalo

December 24th, 2011, 5:43 pm #600

We need a reminder of all prophecies. Family trees COULD be nice too.