Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

December 12th, 2011, 10:11 pm #561

UPDATE TIME!! :biggrin:

Chapter Eighty-Six
[+] Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Six: vs. Lance, the Dragon Master: Part 1

It had to have been the most interesting battlefield yet.

William stood on a raised platform – behind him were three of the Elite Four trainers. Agatha stood with the help of Bruno, she leaned against him with one arm and she tightly gripped a cane in another. Lorelei seemed especially nervous about something.

The battlefield was designed with Lance’s Pokémon in mind – that was sure. There were four raised platforms throughout the field for Pokémon to stand on. Beneath the raised platforms was a pool of water with an undetermined depth. There was no ceiling to this room of the Elite 4, the sky hung above them.

Lance, with his back turned to William, stood on a platform opposing William. His cape draped down to his ankles, and his head was bent down.

“Turn and face me Lance,” William said.

“William Oak…” Lance said slowly. He turned around, smiling. “Your challenge ends here.”

Lance unclipped his cape and the cloth feel to the floor of the platform he stood on. The five Pokeballs on his belt shined in the sunlight.

“You understand the rules?” Lance asked.

“I have a question.” William said, his tone dark.

“If you have a problem understanding the basic rules William, I don’t see how you are going to beat me.” Lance said.

“Why?” Lance cocked his right eyebrow at the single word.

“Why? Why what?”

“Why have you been helping him?”

“Because I want to be king.” Lance hissed, his smile slipping off his face and his face. “I want a crown on my head-”

“Do you really think Jimmy is going to share Kanto with you?” William snapped.

“You idiotic boy, he isn’t going to share Kanto, he is going to give me Kanto! Do you think he’s going to stop here? Do you think Jimmy’s alone? Do you think I’m the only one serving him? No! He has someone just like me in Hoenn, something like me in Sinnoh! One by one, all the regions will become ours!”

“And then?” William challenged.

“And then Jimmy will rule the world. With us seeing over the regions and Jimmy seeing over all of us, the world will belong to those who deserve it!”

“And who deserves it? Who decides that?”

“The world belongs to those who can take it!” Lance snapped. “Those who have the guts to fight for it.”

“Well I’m fighting,” William said. “But I’m not fighting for myself. I’m fighting for everyone.”

“And that’s why you’re going to fail William,” Lance said. “You’re going to fail because you have everyone on you’re back. I just have myself. Jimmy just has himself. You have everyone.”

“That’s why you’re going to fail,” William corrected. “You’re alone.”

“We’ll see about that boy,” Lance said. “Now are you ready to begin your challenge?”

William unclipped a ball from his belt.

“I’m always ready,” he snapped back. “Eros, let’s go!” And with a red flash, Eros was on one of the raised platforms.

“Begin.” Lance said, snapping once.

And then, the water below rose up and a roaring Gyrados emerged from the watery pits, jumping into the air, rising above Eros. William gasped as he leaned back – Lance had been prepared for his coming. He had set a trap.

“Dragon Rage!”

A blue fire shot forth from Gyrados’s mouth, hitting Eros. The Jolteon shirked, and struggled to stay on the platform as he suffered the painful blow.

“Counter with Thunder!” William ordered.

Jolteon, still suffering under the intense blue flames, unleashed a powerful electrical attack that buzzed with power as it soared through the air and struck the Gyrados, sending Lance’s Pokémon back into the water, where it floated on it’s back, unable to move.

The Gyrados was dead.

“Well played William,” Lance said, completely lacking any care for his lost Pokémon. “But we’re just getting started.”

“Go – Aerodactyl!”

“Eros, return!” William said, recalling back his weakened Jolteon. “Virgilai, I chose you!”

The Blastoise jumped from William’s Pokémon and into the water below, diving in and making a giant splash.

“Hyper-Beam!”

“Dodge and Hydro-Pump!”

Aerodactyl rolled his head back, and shot a yellow Hyrdro-Beam into the water, where Virgilia’s shadow could be seen. She avoided the attack though, and jumped out a few feet away, her cannons shooting forth-powerful blasts of water. Viriglia ducked back into the water.

Aerodactyl rolled over in the air, avoiding the attack.

“Dive down – use Wing Attack!” Lance ordered.

Aerodactyl tucked his wings in and dove into the water below – a move that shocked William. A second later, Aerodactyl immerged, shrieking, as he smashed Virgilia into the air with a powerful Wing-Attack…

“HYPER-BEAM!”

“HYRDO CANNON!”

As Virgilia rose into the air, her cannons pointed down towards Aerodactyl, who was floating just above the water. His mouth was opening; glowing as he gathered energy, ready to shoot Virgilia down with his Hyper-Beam attack…

And they fired at the same time. Water shot forth from Virgilia, and the famed Hyper-Beam attack blasted towards the Blastoise.

But the Hydro Cannon struck forth, causing Aerodactyl’s head to jerk back. His Hyper-Beam shot straight up into the empty sky, missing Virgilia entirely. As Virgilia crashed into the wall, still being pushed upward by Aerodactyl’s Wing Attack, the fossil-Pokémon was pushed backwards into the pool of water by Virgilia’s attak

Virgilia slid down into the pool from the water, trembling from the blow but still able to fight. Aerodactyl, however, did not emerge.

“Well, well,” Lance said, unclipping another ball from his belt. “That’s two of my Pokémon you’ve killed.”

“Not that I’ve killed,” William snapped. “They are Pokémon that you’ve let to die.”

“Are you sure you aren’t Jimmy’s son?” Lance sneered, ignoring William’s defense. “You almost seem a better fit than Chris.”

William clenched his fists, and he shook, his entire body trembling with rage and then-

He stopped himself. He blinked, surprised. And then, William did something strange. He smiled.

“What?” Lance demanded, angry. “What is it? Why are you smiling? What the hell do you have to smile about?”

“It doesn’t matter,” William said.

“What doesn’t matter?!?”

“I know who I am Lance,” William said. “It doesn’t matter who my family was. What matters is what I am. Can the same be said for you?”

“Shut up boy,” Lance said. “Shut up and fight!”

“I’m waiting for you to send out your next Pokémon,” William pointed out.

“Then here it is!” Lance snapped, enraged. “Dragonair, go!” Lance sent forth his first Dragonair from his Pokeball.

“Virgila, slid under water!” William ordered.

“Dragonair, follow her!”

Dragonair bent down for a dive, but a second later Virgilia was back up from the water, shooting a powerful Ice-Beam attack from her mouth. The Ice-Beam hit the Dragonair, and traveled up her body, freezing her entirely. The Dragonair, now enclosed in an entire chunk of ice, feel into the pool of water, and did not emerge. Virgilia fell back into the pool, and submerged herself once more, like a predator waiting for the next opponent.

Lance was visually shaken as he clipped the next Pokeball off his belt. His hands ran down the smooth curves of the sphere, and he seemed to be reconsidering the battle. Visible drops of sweat dripped down his face, and he bit down on his lip.

“Alright William,” Lance said. “These is when things get serious.”

“Have you not been serious all this time, Lance?” William asked, cocking an eyebrow. Lance hissed at the jib, and he sent out his second Dragonair with a flip of his arm.

The Dragonair flew through the air, and she emitted a roar, enraged at the death of her sister. The roar was deep and loud, and made William’s arm hair raise up. The Pokémon was dangerous.

“THUNDER!” Lance bellowed.

“VIRGILIA, GET OUT OF THE WATER!” William cried, but he was too late. From the tip of the horn of the Dragonair, a powerful electrical attack emitted, striking down into the water, electrocuting William’s Blastoise. She cried as she struggled to emerge from the water, and William quickly called her back to his Pokeball.

William’s hand trembled as he placed her ball back on his belt – he tried not to think about the heavy damage she had just taken. He still had two more Pokémon to beat.

Now what?

“Not so smug are you now William?” Lance jibed. “You made a back up plan…didn’t you? Don’t tell me that chubby turtle of yours was your only plan to fight my Dragons?”

William’s hand shook as he reached for the next ball on his belt. He hadn’t thought of another plan – he had truly hoped Virgilia would be all he would need to combat Lance’s dragons. But such had not been the case.

When in doubt though, William always had one Pokémon he could rely on…

“Fleance!” William said, tossing the ball in the air. “Go!”

The Nidoking landed on one of the four raised land platforms that were scattered throughout the battlefield. His roared, and pounded his fists against his chests.

“That was a mistake,” Lance said. His eyes were alit with a dangerous look and his smile stretched wide. “All I have to do is push your Pokémon into the water…and it ends.”

“Too bad that isn’t going to happen,” William shot back. His eyes were heavy with worry though; even his overconfidence tone couldn’t hide that.

Lance laughed.

“SLAM ATTACK!” He commanded.

“Fleance, get ready!”

Dragonair, who had been floating in the air, drove downward, her body aligned diagonally, and William knew she was going to try and knock Fleance off…

The Dragonair slammed into Fleance. He grabbed hold of her body.

But he started to slide back. And back. And back…

And Fleance stopped at the edge of the platform, still standing on the ground by less then an inch. In his claws was the Dragonair, her attack over, and her momentum gone.

“FIGHT FREE!” Lance commanded desperately. The Dragonair struggled, but Fleance held onto her, waiting for an order from William…

“Do it,” William said, his voice ripe with regret.

SNAP!

In a single rough motion, Fleance had broken the Dragonair in half. Her spine had crack, and blood rolled out of the Pokémon’s mouth. Fleance raised the Pokémon above his head, and then tossed it down into the pool below that become a watery grave, littered with Lance’s dead Pokémon.

Lance reached for his last Pokeball, grinning.

“I’m not done yet William Oak…” Lance said. “I’m just getting started. DRAGONITE – GO!”

There was a red flash, and then flying in the air was a monster of a Pokémon. Majestic and yet frightening at the same time, the Dragonite was a sight to behold. His muscles were ripe along his body, there was not a single ounce of fat on Lance’s last Pokémon. His tail swished behind him with powerful wooshes, and William realized the tail was as much of a weapon as the Dragonite’s arms. And the Dragonite’s arms! They were bulky, strong and wide. At the end were stubby claws, but stubby they may be, they were still sharp.

William’s mind flashed back to a short conversation he had with Agatha prior to entering Lance’s room.

“You must be careful William,” Agatha said. “Lance’s first five Pokémon don’t offer much. But it’s his last that is most dangerous. Trainers have wiped entirely to Lance’s Dragonite. It’s dangerous, versatile, and powerful.”

“What is the best way to counter?”

“Quick,” Agatha said. “Beat it quickly.”

“Okay.”

“No William, not ‘okay’,” Agatha said. “Do it as fast as possible. You need your toughest Pokémon that can take blow after blow. You need your strongest Pokémon that can go hand to hand with a Dragonite. You need your bravest Pokémon that can look into the thing’s eyes and not run and hide.

“William…that Pokémon has killed countless of teams by itself. Don’t underestimate it.”

And now that William stood before Lance’s last Pokémon, he knew it was going to be no easy battle – even for Fleance.

“Kill,” Lance said. “Kill them all…Dragonite.”
Leave me a comment? :heart:
[+] A Few Thoughts...
Part 2 coming soon - hopefully tomorrow? Look for it. :)
[+] Also! I need your help?
First of all thank you for everyone who nominated this run for the Second Annual New Year's Fan Run Extravaganza! I got quite a few nominations, which surprised me considering how badly I've been about updating the past few months. Everyone os awesome, hugs and cookies to all.

For the polls which are opening in a few days I need a quote that showcases the best of this run and I'm having trouble finding something I really like.

I'm hoping for a little help choosing? You don't have to go quote hunting for me, but if you could just remember a particular scene or chapter I'd be extremely grateful for the assistance! :)
Thanks everyone and have a great day!
-Lots of love from TrainerBOB

Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

December 12th, 2011, 10:34 pm #562

[+] Spoiler
Well there's always the possibility of using this part:
Chapter 83 wrote:The doors slammed behind William, and he leaned against the wall, panting heavily as tiny beads of sweet rolled down his skin. His eyes were closed, still trying to block the painful scene he had just witnessed. Terror gripped his heart – how was he to keep the same thing from happening to the rest of the Elite 4?

When William opened his eyes, he realized that he could see the breath he puffed out of his lungs. He recognized the tingling sensation on his skin as a reaction to the chilly air, and he felt the goose bumps rise. However, he wonder if the goose bumps were indeed from the cold, or merely from anticipation?

After all – it was about to begin.
I like that part, at least. And it ends on a suitable cliffhanger. It's got drama, and emotion, and insecurity, all of which are powerful presences in the story.

My two cents on that, at least. It's up to you, after all :smile:
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW
Aozora - Today at 6:22 PM
PILLOW

Psyche
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

December 12th, 2011, 11:35 pm #563

No Dragonite no, don't kill them all!

Waiting with the usual anticipation!
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

Comatose
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

December 14th, 2011, 3:30 am #564

I would suggest you use one of your brutal murder scenes, but I think you used one last time. Maybe one of the prophecies? My Christmas break is at the end of this week, so I'll go quote-hunting then, if it isn't too late.

On another note, that was an amazing chapter. I thought Virgilia was a gonner for sure. Did she actually get hit by a thunder in game, or was that just for the drama? Either way, it really helped make it switch from a sweeping battle to one that is dangerously even. Yet again, your writing skills amaze me, bro. Keep up this awesomeness!
A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. Then you can focus on it and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient and you hold still, well maybe, just maybe, it'll come to you. And I mean hell...if you have to live the rest of your life in a memory...you might as well make it a good one.- Leonard Church, Red Vs Blue

TrainerBOB

December 14th, 2011, 5:06 pm #565

Update! Replies first though.
[+] Replies!
Pillowcase wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Well there's always the possibility of using this part:
Chapter 83 wrote:The doors slammed behind William, and he leaned against the wall, panting heavily as tiny beads of sweet rolled down his skin. His eyes were closed, still trying to block the painful scene he had just witnessed. Terror gripped his heart – how was he to keep the same thing from happening to the rest of the Elite 4?

When William opened his eyes, he realized that he could see the breath he puffed out of his lungs. He recognized the tingling sensation on his skin as a reaction to the chilly air, and he felt the goose bumps rise. However, he wonder if the goose bumps were indeed from the cold, or merely from anticipation?

After all – it was about to begin.
I like that part, at least. And it ends on a suitable cliffhanger. It's got drama, and emotion, and insecurity, all of which are powerful presences in the story.

My two cents on that, at least. It's up to you, after all :smile:
Thanks Pillowcase - I'll look at that one along with a few others! I'm up for several categories, so I'll have multiple options.
Psyche wrote:No Dragonite no, don't kill them all!

Waiting with the usual anticipation!
Thanks Psyche! :)
Comatose wrote:I would suggest you use one of your brutal murder scenes, but I think you used one last time. Maybe one of the prophecies? My Christmas break is at the end of this week, so I'll go quote-hunting then, if it isn't too late.

On another note, that was an amazing chapter. I thought Virgilia was a gonner for sure. Did she actually get hit by a thunder in game, or was that just for the drama? Either way, it really helped make it switch from a sweeping battle to one that is dangerously even. Yet again, your writing skills amaze me, bro. Keep up this awesomeness!
Thanks Comatose; I think that's probably what I'll do for a few of the categories. Don't worry about going quote-hunting! :) That's a lot of work, and I think the deadline is before the weekend anyway.

And thank you very much! I've been feeling better about the battling the past few chapters. I think I have an exciting conclusion to the Lance battle coming up...

And yeah, Virgilia was actually hit by a Thunder. it got...very close. And very scary.
This is a BIG chapter. A lot happens; it took me longer to get it out then usual because I combined the next two chapters together. There are several plot twists! Get ready...here it comes.

Chapter Eighty-Seven
[+] Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Seven: vs. Lance, the Dragon Master Part 2

Fleance, the Nidoking, had remembered every battle he had fought. Every attack he had dealt, evert attack he had felt, he remembered. But, none stood out in his memory more than when he fought Brock’s Onix. At the time he was a small Nidoran – yet he had battled against a giant Onix. He had won, through bravery and outwitting the Onix.

And now, as Fleance looked at the Lance’s Dragonite, he knew he was not going to be able to rely on Brute strength.

Bravery. Smarts.

Fleance grinned. He had plenty of that.

“HYPER-BEAM!”

“DODGE IT FLEANCE!” William ordered.

No.

For once, Fleance was not going to take William’s orders. He trusted William; but he knew what he needed to do to win this fight. William was going to be too careful; too concerned of Fleance’s well being. And if this battle was going to be won, Fleance was going to have to make some sacrifices.

Fleance lifted his arms up in the air at his side, and looked right into the opposing Dragonite’s eyes, grinning, showing his pointed smile.

And the Hyper-Beam slammed into Fleance’s chest, pushing the Nidoking backwards. He grunted in pain as he slid back on the platform, coming dangerously close to the edge. However, he kept his footing and did not fall off.

“FLEANCE!” William screamed. The Nidoking grunted at his trainer, letting him know he was alright. He looked back at the Dragonite, and grinned. The Dragon snorted and studied Fleance with an odd, strange look.

Lance laughed. Fleance’s eyes flickered to the dragon-master. He was a shell of man – weak, cowardly and pathetic. He was going to lose this battle – he would not lose to a trainer like William.

“If the rock wants it, give it to him,” Lance ordered coldly. “ANOTHER HYPER-BEAM!”

Fleance took a step forward, preparing for the attack. The Hyper-Beam blasted from Dragonite’s mouth, and Fleance punched his left fist forward. The fist collided with the attack, and Fleance could feel the power of the Hyper-Beam torch his entire left arm. He felt like the fibers of his nerves were on fire, burning with the touch of the Sun. It was a feeling he was unacquainted too. Fleance shriked in pain, but the attack ended just in time.

Fleance collapsed to his right knee, panting heavily. His left arm hung at his side, and Fleance knew he could not move it at the moment. He hoped he wasn’t going to need that.

“Fleance, return!”

The Nidoking jumped forward, avoinding the red line blasting from William’s Pokeball.

Not yet William Fleance thought. I’m so close.

“Fleance?” William said, his voice breaking. Fleance looked back to his trainer. William was standing very still, except for his arm which held the Pokeball. It was trembling. Drops of water appeared in the corner of his eyes.

Trust me Fleance thought, and he did everything in his power to convey that message on his face.

William seemed to receive it. He nodded and he hesitantly lowered his arm.

Fleance turned back to look at the Dragonite. The beast was breathing heavily – using two Hyper Beams had exhausted him. But it had almost killed Fleance, so the Dragonite seemed to be coming out on top. Fleance looked down to his chest, where coils of steam were still rolling off a black wound.

Yeah, that hurts.

“Finish this Dragonite,” Lance said. “Use Hyper-Beam!”

The Dragonite breathed in a deep breath and-

Fleance snorted.

The Dragonite paused, and cocked a single eyebrow.

“Oh come on,” Fleance growled. “Is that all you’re going to do? Hyper-Beams? No faith in your brute strength?”

The Dragonite snarled and growled, showing pointed rows of sharp teeth. Fleance snorted; he was not impressed.

“END IT DRAGONITE!” Lance ordered.

“What, are you your trainer’s bitch?” Fleance growled. “A Dragonite…a little bitch? There’s something I thought I never seen.”

That did it.

Dragonite jumped forward, blasting through the air, putting every ounce of his weight and strength into a forward attack towards Fleance.

And the Nidoking ducked, and the Dragonite soared past Fleance by a few inches. The dragon was going to fast to stop; his momentum was too powerful.

Just in the nick of time, Fleance reached up and grabbed Dragonite’s tail with his right arm.

Half-a-second later, Fleance was flying in the air, dragged along by Dragonite’s tail.

Half-a-second later, Flenace was past the platform.

And half-a-second later, Fleance and Dragonite were falling downwards. The Dragonite was bigger and stronger than Fleance. But he was not strong enough to carry a heavy ground-type Pokémon. His wings could not carry them both, and both Fleance and the Dragonite went plummeting down, into the pool below.

And they sank like a rock.

--------------------------------

“FLEANCE!” William screamed, as he peered over the edge. The last thing he saw of his Nidoking was a large splash, and then the Pokémon disappeared to the water below. The water was choppy and angry, as an unseen battle raged beneath the waves.

“FLEANCE!” William screamed.

The waves slowly began to settle. Neither Pokémon emerged.

“FLEANCE!” William cried, in desperation. He collapsed to his knees, tears down streaming down his face.

Lance, across from him, was looking down, his face pale.

“Fleance…” William said softly. His eyes wet and his vision not clear. “Fleance…”

And then, below, there was a giant splash.

----------------------------------------------------

The water hurt. It hurt so much. Every cell of Fleance’s body screamed in pain, the Pokémon’s eyes were wide as he and the Dragonite plummeted deeper and deeper below the water until the hit a bottom. The Dragonite fuaght to free himself, but Fleance hung on tight, knowing if the Dragonite got free it was all over.

Instead, Fleance’s slammed the Dragonite into the floor of the pool, using all the strength his right arm could muster. Then, with his left arm still weak, Fleance slammed his tail into the Dragonite’s head.

There was a defining cracked that echoed through the water, and the Dragonite stopped fighting. Whether he was dead or just knocked out, Fleance knew it did not matter. He would drown before he could get back to the surface.

The battle was over. Fleance floated down and he came to sit on the ground of the pool, too heavy to swim upward.

This was how it ended. This was how Fleance would die. The Pokémon knew that. He could not swim. William would not be able to get to him in time. And the water…it hurt so much.

But Fleance’s mind started racing. He wasn’t ready to die. He didn’t want to give up yet. But what was he too do? He felt like he was choking there, he knew he was running out of time before he needed to take a breath.

Fleance smashed his tail on the ground in a fit of rage.

And he raised up slightly. Fleance looked down, shocked. He did it again, harder. And again, harder. But he was not advancing fast enough. Fleance turned his head to his right, and he saw a wall. He banged his tail on the ground, and he edged towards the wall. With his right arm, he drove his hand into the wall, causing an indent. He did it again, but a little bit higher. And again, but higher.

Slowly, using his tail and his right hand, Fleance climbed up the wall of the side of the pool. Rising up and up the wall, faster and fatser. Black spots danced in front of his vision, as he neared the surface, so he went faster and faster…and faster…and faster…and…

----------------

William gasped as Fleance emerged from the water below. His body rose up, but it immediantly began to drop back down…

“RETURN!” William screamed, calling Fleance back just before he disappeared below the surface. William sat on his knees, shivering, holding Fleance’s Pokeball close to his body.

“Please…please never do that again,” William said, his voice soft yet also angry.

“Well, well, William,” Lance said, crackiling with laughter. “Looks like you’re Nidoking won’t be batteling for the rest of the day. Who are you going to use to beat my Dragonite?”

William just looked at Lance, and he slowly stood up.

“It’s over Lance.”

“NO!” Lance roared. “It’s not over yet! DRAGONITE! EMERGE FROM THE WATER!”

Nothing happened. The waves below began to grow still again. Lance looked down, his face beginning to twitch.

“DRAGONITE! EMERGE!”

Nothing happened.

“No…no…no…NO!” Lance screamed. “DRAGONITE!”

And still, nothing happened.

Lance collapsed to his knees, shocked. There was a click of switches, and the noise of wheels turning, and a bridge slowly rose out from beneath William’s platform, and it drove straight into Lance’s platform, connecting the two together.

“NO!” Lance screamed. “JIMMY, JIMMY PLEASE NO! IT’S NOT OVER YET!”

“Yes it is.” William said, walking forward slowly and dilaberately. “Lance, Dragon Master, Elite 4 Trainer…you have betrayed your region. You have betrayed countless Pokémon and trainers everywhere. You were one of Jimmy’s greatest assests in his rise to power.”

And then, from one of his pockets within his jacket, William pulled out a large butcher knife.

“And for that, you are going to die.”

Lance’s eyes widened, and he crawled a foot backwards. Lorelei gasped behind William, but she did nothing to move to stop him. Bruno watched, his eyes cold and hard. And Agatha bit down on her lip, thinking hard and fast.

“No…” he said. “Oh Arceus, no…THIS IS MURDER!”

“This is justice,” William said, still approaching.

“THIS IS COLD-BLOODED MURDER!”

“This is something someone should have done a long time ago,” William hissed. He did not know what drove him to wanting to kill Lance, only that he knew the man needed to die. He knew the man deserved to die – he knew the world deserved to be free of him. And besides, William wanted someone to blame.

“PLEASE NO!” Lance screamed. William was now a few feet from Lance, his grip on the handle of the knife was tight. He raised it in the air and-

“STOP!” Agatha suddenly commanded, and William froze and spun around. Lorelei let lose a gasp of relief, and a few tears leaked out of her eyes. Agatha stepped forward, no longer leaning on Bruno, and she walked across the platform and the bridge, relying heavily on her cane. The walk was long and painful, and took almost a minute to complete. When she reached William, she held out her free hand.

“I won’t have my grandson have to live with a cold-blooded murder on his shoulders,” Agatha said. “No matter how deserving the other party may be.”

William looked at the knife for a second, and then glanced angrily back at Lance. Then, sighing, he gave his grandmother the knife.

“What are we going to do with him then?” William asked, turning to look back at Lance.

“Oh thank you…” Lance said, sobbing. “Oh thank you very much…”

And then Agatha threw the knife into Lance’s chest.

The Dragon-Master gasped as the knife dug itself four inches deep into his skin and muscles. Blood immediately began to leak out of the wound, and he slowly looked down at the steel that was protruding out of his chest. Behind Agatha and William, Lorelei screamed, and then collapsed. She would have fallen had Bruno not caught her. William looked at his grandmother in shock.

“But…” Lance said. “But I thought you said…”

“I don’t want William to have to live with a cold-blooded murder,” Agatha said harshly. “But I have no issue with living one myself.”

“But…but please…” Lance said, falling forward, and beginning to crawl towards Agatha. “Please help me…”

Agatha lifted her cane off the ground and swept Lance aside with it. He fell over, and the Dragon Master fell off the platform, down to the pool of water below. He made a small splash and then disappeared beneath the surface, joining his dead Pokémon in the water below.

Agatha looked down and she shook her head sadly.

“It was necessary,” she said to herself. “It was necessary.”

William looked down at the water, and he swallowed nervously. Then, he turned back and looked at the others.

Agatha was leaning heavily against her cane. She was weak, so weak, the experience had taken so much from her. Lorelei had buried her head into Bruno, and she was sobbing. Bruno stroke her hair slowly and softly.

William closed his eyes and he gripped his fists. He closed his eyes, and his mind flashed back to the conversation he had with the receptionist.

“You may proceed to those doors. Past them you will find Lorelei, and the rest of the Elite 4 in the following rooms. Each one of its members and their Pokemon are under my control. Beat them, and I’ll free them – temporarily. As soon as I kill you I will bend them once more to my mind. But until then, I will allow them to plague you with their fears, worries and sorrows. I will place those things on your shoulders. You will be their responsibility. Try to not let it wear you down too much.”

William swallowed sharply and he cleared his throat.

“Come on everyone,” he said. “Let’s go to the next room.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Champion’s room was huge, round and circular. The floor shone and sparkle; the battlefield floor was painted in the like of a Pokeball. The white side on William’s side, and the red side on the Champion’s side.

The only thing though that the Champion’s room lacked was the Champion himself.

In place of Chris Oak there was a man in a suit. His hair was gelled down, and he was dressed like a butler. He bowed when William entered, and he said sharply.

“The Champion battle will not take place here today,” the man said. William raised his eyebrows, but the man simply raised his hand. “Instead, it will take place above ground in a stadium for all those who can make the journey to witness.”

William crossed his arms over his chest and he bit down on his lower lip.

“My master, Jimmy Oak, will allow you to sleep here tonight,” the man said gesturing to the Champion’s room. “Goodbye.”

And then the man promptly turned and excited, leaving the champion’s room behind him.

“I don’t like this,” Bruno said. “This is…odd.”

“Why isn’t Jimmy having me fight now,” William wondered out loud, as he strode forward to the center of the battlefield. “My Pokémon are tired from battle. They won’t be healed by tomorrow, but they will be refreshed and stronger.”

“Jimmy’s fallen back to his old ways of drama and flourishing,” Agatha commented dryly. “He wants to make sure all of Kanto knows who is in charge – and the best way is to have his son beat you in front of all of Kanto. And if you beat Chris, then I’m sure Jimmy himself will appear to fight you.”

“And then,” William said grimly, “then it will end. One way or another.”

Everyone was silent for a moment, before Lorelei said softly: “I guess we might as well get comfortable.”

They feel to the ground, and made arrangements, each of them spread out decently from each other except for Lorelei and Bruno. William stretched out his jacket to use as a pillow. Agatha sat with her legs crossed, meditating. And Lorelei laid against Bruno who laid on his back on the cold floor.

Bruno and Lorelei feel asleep first, each of them snoring softly. But as tired as he was, William could not bring himself to fall asleep. Instead, his mind was racing; reviewing the Prophecy that Percy had given him in his head…The first shall become the second; And he shall reunite the three again; It shall be up to you, William Oak; To stop him in the fourth battle; After defeating the five; Otherwise, the first shall rule; As the second, controlling the three; Until the end of time.

So much of it made perfect sense. William was about to beat the champion; Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance and Chris made up the five. William had fought Jimmy three times before, and he was about to fight him for the fifth time.

But what did that first line mean?

The first shall become the second.

William suddenly cleared his throat, and he spoke.

“Agatha?”

Agatha peeked her eyes open, leaving her state of meditation.

“Yes William?”

“What was Charlie Oak like?”

Agatha smiled slightly.

“Every one of my children were the best at something William,” she said soflty. “Jimmy was the most ambitious. Richard was the kindest. And Charlie…Charlie was the strongest.”

“The strongest?”

“Charlie was the smartest and better trainer,” Agatha said. “Charlie was brave on the field of battle. Charlie knew how to fight. Janine was a lot like Charlie.

“Janine and Charlie…the two of them were best friends growing up. They were rivals on their journey, but friendly rivals. They loved the thrill of battling each other. They loved that thrill. You know, right, that they fought for the right for who got to challenge the League first? Janine won, but just so.”

“Didn’t Charlie challenge the league at some point?”

“Yes,” Agatha said. “And Charlie served as the fourth member of the Elite 4 for a time. But then Charlie left, before Jimmy returned, to have adventures elsewhere.

Agatha paused, and then said:

“I was so proud of Charlie.”

William swallowed. He needed to ask Agatha something, but he was afraid it would offend her.

“Would Charlie…would…?”

“No William,” Agatha said. “I know your thinking of the Percy’s Prophecy. And Charlie would never help Jimmy.”

“Okay,” William said. “Thanks Agatha.”

William closed his eyes, but he still struggled to sleep.

Tomorrow, he would battle his cousin in a battle for the faith of the region. Tomorrow he would battle Jimmy Oak, if he managed to beat Chris. Tomorrow, if William failed, Sabrina would be executed.

Tomorrow, it would all end.

-------------------------------

Agatha found sleep easier than William. She was weakening, and nearing death. She knew that. But, her sleep was not was easy as William.

For her dream was no normal dream. When Agatha came to her senses in her dream, she was kneeling on a black floor. And she refused to look behind her. For some reason, she did not want to turn around.

“Agatha,” a soft, kind voice said. “Agatha please look at me.”

“NO!” Agatha screamed. For some reason, she was terrified. She did not want to look. She did not want to see whatever was there.

“Agatha…the entire faith of Kanto is depending on this. Please, look at me.”

Agatha started to cry. She did not want to see what was there. She was too scared.

“Agatha…for William. For Chris. For Charlie. For Richard. For your ancestors before you. For them. Look at me.”

And then, Agatha felt she had some ancient duty to fill. She slowly raised off the ground, and she turned around.

Agatha gasped.

Levitating in the air, in her dream, was Mew.

------------------------------------

“So, tomorrow it happens?” Richard asked Iris, as they together gazed down at the empty stadium from the mountaintop they stood upon.

“Yes. After tomorrow, it truly begins.”

“Are you ready?”

“I’ve been waiting my whole life Richard,” she said softly.

“For this?” Richard asked, frowning. “For a war?”

Iris smiled very slightly.

“Not quite.”

And then they were silent for several seconds.

“Well,” Iris finally said. “I must be off.”

“For where?” Richard asked. “The battle won’t happen until tomorrow and we can observe it safely from here.”

“Oh, I want to make a quick trip to Viridian. There is something…something that has been bugging me…”

Richard nodded knowingly – he already knew why she was going there.

“And then you will return here?” He asked her.

“No, I am going to the stadium. I want to be as close as possible.” Richard’s eyes widened slightly, but other than that he did not display any shock. Instead, he said in a stern voice.

“I’d much rather you not Iris. Jimmy is a dangerous man – he is not someone to be taken lightly.”

“I am not afraid of Jimmy,” Iris said. “I have many more things to be afraid of.”

“Like?”

My death, Iris thought. Or perhaps worst – the lack of it. But instead of saying her thoughts, she simply said:

“We’ll see. Until later, Richard Oak.” And then she turned to leave.

“Wait,” Richard said. There conversation wasn’t over yet. “I want to talk to you about something.”

Iris paused – she was already several feet away, and her back was to Richard.

“Oh?”

“I feel…I feel as if you’ve been keeping things from me.”

“Like what?” Iris challenged.

“Like the reason you are so interested in my son.”

There was a brief second of silent in which Iris hesitated.

“Why wouldn’t I be interested in him?” She asked. “He is perhaps the most crucial figure in what is to past. Observing his actions and path is merely to…satisfy my curiosity.”

“Curiosity?” Richard repeated in mockery. “You’ve shown a little bit more than curiosity Iris. You’ve been following my son for quite sometime now. Ever since he left Pallet Town, you’ve been trailing him at a safe distance. You fought Rocket Grunts in Mt. Moon, keeping the majority of them from attacking William. You watched him from afar at the S.S. Anne. You were in the crowd during his parade through Celadon City. You fought among the townspeople in Lavender Town. You infiltrated the Silph Co. Building and took out numerous grunts before William and Chris even got there. You helped me convinced Zapados to come to their aid while William and Chris attacked Silph Co. And ever since you have still followed him, watching, interfering, but never alerting him to your presence.”

“Shouldn’t you be grateful?” Iris asked. “The few times I was not there disaster struck. I wasn’t able to help him on Trainer Bridge, where he lost his Sparrow. And I wasn’t there when James murdered his Pikachu.”

“You also were not there at the Rocket Hideout, and he managed fine then, nor were you with him through the Rocky Tunnel, which he journeyed through quite well.”

“If without a few bumps and scratches,” Iris commented dryly.

“Why does his safety concern you so much?”

“Why shouldn’t it?”

“Your concern goes beyond that one would have for a stranger – even if one knew that the world’s future weighed on that stranger’s back.”

“Doesn’t his safety concern you?”

“Of course,” Richard said. “I, however, am able to stand back and let the boy grow.”

“By placing demands on him that few men are required to meet?” Iris hissed, snapping as she spun around to face Richard. “Demands…demands that even you have not yet meant?”

“I do not write destiny,” Richard said calmly. “I merely carry it out.” Iris turned back away, silent once more. “Iris, your concern for him is beyond safety and life. It is concern for his well-being, for his state of being, for his happiness. Why is that? What are you not telling me about William?”

Iris was silent.

“I am his father! I have a right to know what you know about my son!”

“Be at peace Richard,” Iris said. “There is nothing I have not told you about William Oak. Of this I swear upon my family’s blood and the power that runs through it.”

Richard nodded slowly, satisfied with the oath. Iris turned to walk away once more, but as she did Richard called to her –

“So, do you still plan to go to the stadium tomorrow?”

“Yes.”

“I’d rather you not.”

“Is that an order?” Iris asked, flashing him a smile.

“If it was, would it stop you?”

Iris answered with a laugh, as she turned and walked down the beaten path. Her mood quickly turned somber as she turned the conversation over in her mind.

Yes Richard…I have told you everything I know about William Oak, she thought to herself. But I have not told you everything of myself…

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Mew?” Agatha said, shocked as she stumbled backwards on the nothingness that was the floor of her dream. “What…what are you doing here?”

The Pink Goddess floated in the air, alit with a pink light. She turned her head to study Agatha, and then she said in a voice that was as soft as fur:

“I have always been here,” her voice flew out from inside of her. “Only now, in your time of great stress and the presence of another with power similar to mine, have you’ve been able to access me.”

“I…I don’t understand,” Agatha said, rising to her feet slowly. “What do you mean…you’ve always been here? In my dreams?”

Mew shook her head.

“Haven’t you ever wondered, Agatha, why you are more powerful than other ghost whisperers – more powerful than your colleagues at the Pokémon Tower? Haven’t you ever wondered why you can communicate with Pokémon in a weak, but substantial way, nonetheless? Haven’t you ever wondered where you intuition came from – those little feelings that forewarn you of the future?”

“I’m special,” Agatha said. “I’m…I’m more powerful than others, that’s all.”

“You’re not stronger than normal Agatha, you’re weaker.”

“What?” Agatha exclaimed, shocked.

“You’re not a strong ghost whisperer,” Mew said. “You’re a weak Psychic. Inside you, ever since your birth, has been the Power of a Mew.”

A moment of silence.

“But…but I never showed the ability for Psychic powers…” Agatha said. “If I was a Psychic, I would have been identified. I would have been trained.”

Mew again shook her head sadly.

“I am going to tell you a story… Agatha. It’s the Legend of the Three Mews. But it is not legend. It is history.”

Agatha sat down on the ground of her dream. She was feeling weak, and light-headed. And confused. Very, very confused.

“Do you know what happened to the Mews that once roamed Kanto?”

“I assume they were hunted to extinction-”

“NO!” Mew snapped, angry. “We were respected, admired, honored! We were the Gods of the People of Kanto! They would have never hunted us down, and we would have never died in such a way.”

“…I’m sorry.” Agatha said, seeing she had upset the Pokémon. Mew ignored her apology, and went on with her story.

“In those Ancient Times there were three Mews. There had always been three Mews. No more and no less. They watched over the land and kept at peace. They aided the family of humans that ruled the other humans. Together, they made Kanto a safe place.”

“Until…until he came.”

“Who?”

“An evil man. A bad, evil man. He had been banished from his home region, so he came to Kanto, and attempted to inflict his evils upon us. He had tried to rule the world once and he had failed. And so he tried again.”

“What did he do?”

“He caught all three of us. Myself and my two brothers. And we knew that with the three Mews, he would be unstoppable. So we did the only thing we could to keep him from getting our power. We sacrificed ourselves.”

“What do you mean?”

“We allowed ourselves to die. Just like that. One second we were alive, the next we were dead.”

“Then how are you here if you are dead?” Agatha asked.

Mew smiled slightly.

“A God can die, Agatha. But their power will live on forever. Normally, when a God is killed, their power goes to the victor. But we died willingly – we sacrificed ourselves and gave the power to another. I am not here, I am dead. This is my power speaking to you. My power that is inside you.”

“Who did you give your power to?”

“Not a single person, but an entirely family,” Mew said. “We gave our power to the family that ruled Kanto. Three of their strongest, bravest, and brightest suddenly became aware of a tremendous amount of Psychic Power. And those three were able to drive out the evil man.”

“That still doesn’t explain me,” Agatha said. “Why do I have the Power of a Mew – and why haven’t I been able to use it.”

“Because of the nature of our sacrifice, the power of the Mew stayed within the family. Even when the family members were killed our murdered, their power was not forfeited. Instead, the next time a child was born, they would receive the power. But because there were only three of us Mews, only three at a time would have the Power of a Mew. And only a select few were chosen to be born with it.”

“You are a direct link to the Ancient Family that ruled Kanto Agatha. As a descendent, you were born with the Power of a Mew. The Power hadn’t turned up in an individual in decades until you were born Agatha. You are indeed special.”

Agatha felt her breath quicken.

“But…but…” she stammered, not believing it. It was not possible. “Then can I access it now? Can I use it against Jimmy?”

“You…you cannot. The Power is tied specifically to your blood Agatha – that is why you have not been able to access it. Your blood is too weak, too many generations have weeded out the blood of the ancient family. That is why your access to it has always been limited.”

“Then what can I do?”

“You must do as we did,” Mew said. “You must sacrifice yourself. Sacrifice yourself and your power to another.”

“But who?” Croaked Agatha, feeling weaker.

“Someone who can wield it.”

“Sabrina?” Agatha instantly said, thinking of the Psychic.

“NO!” Mew roared. “You must not give the power to a human that isn’t a descendent. The power of a God will kill them!”

“But, she’s a psychic, already with a great amount of power-”

“Do not compare her parlor tricks with my power!” Mew snapped. “She is a Caterpie next to a Dragonite!”

“William then?”

“The boy cannot take the power either,” Mew said. “He would have been born with one of the Three Mews on his own, had he not inherited a certain…psychic deafness from his mother’s side of the family.”

“Then who?” Agatha wailed. “Who can take the power?”

“You must find someone Agatha. Someone that isn’t a human who is not a descendent. Someone that already knows how to wield Psychic Powers. You must find someone…”

The dream was fading. Mew was growing fuzzy. Agatha was feeling even more light-headed.

“Wait!” Agatha screamed. “Come back!”

But it was too late. The dream was over.

-------------------------------------------------

Valerie Silph woke with a start. It took her approximately five seconds to realize why she had woken up.

A hand was covering her mouth. He had come back. Jimmy was here to finish her off – she knew it. She started to struggle, but then a female voice quickly ordered her to stop.

“I’m not here to hurt you!” the voice snapped. “I just wanted to make sure you didn’t scream to alert the nurses.” Val stopped moving, but she remained wary of the stranger. Whoever she was, if she didn’t want to be discovered then she was not to be trusted.

“Alright Valerie, I’m going to remove my hand. Stay silent.”

Val felt her heart plummet in her chest. How did this girl know her real name? William had checked her in under an alias, so who was this stranger? Whoever it was, Val knew she could not scream for help. This girl knew too much.

Besides…strangely…Val trusted this stranger.

The stranger removed her hand and lowered to a seat next to Val’s bed in the hospital room. She was wearing a shawl that covered her face, save for a few long strands of black curls that escaped. Her dress was long, beautiful, and red. Her face from her mouth up remained hidden – Val could not see in the darkness.

“Who are you?” Val asked, her voice sharp.

“I am many things,” the girl responded.

“What is your name?”

“You’re going to have to be more specific than that,” the girl said. “I have many names.”

“…What do you want?”

“Valerie Silph…” the stranger said slowly. “I want you to tell me about the day you tried to kill yourself.”
Please let me know what you think, especially...
[+] Plot Stuff
Fleance.
The Mew. This is been going on in the background for awhile now, and hints at bigger things to come.
Iris. Iris, especially. I'd love to hear thoughts on Iris.
I can't believe it is almost over! I am very excited; I hope y'all are too! :) We are nearing the conclusion!!! :biggrin:

Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

December 14th, 2011, 6:03 pm #566

Ooh, Fleance's perspective. Neat.
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

PI L LW OW
PILLOW
PILLOW

Psyche

December 15th, 2011, 1:38 am #567

Hmm.
[+] Spoiler
Is Iris immortal, or something of the sort? I'm finding myself very interested in her now, especially her relations with Richard.

Fleance... that couldn't have been good for him. :x

Also Mew said that Agatha couldn't give the power to someone who wasn't a descendant, but then says to give it to a non-human who can wield psychic powers... hrm?
Crystal story run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

lisalo

December 15th, 2011, 2:21 pm #568

Great run. Really. Maybe a bit to overdone, but oh well. Also, does Mewtwo's sorry ass get kicked or not?

LeafiaDream
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

December 17th, 2011, 1:19 am #569

Wow, okay, I missed a lot.
Let's see…

vs. Bruno:
Beautiful. Simply beautiful. It was so well-written and so intense. There wasn't an overdose of blood, but there was enough that I could understand how hard it would be to be a part of that.
The situation with the psychic force telling Lorelei that Bruno hated her, and then how Bruno responded when he was released…just…priceless. <3
I love the flashbacks with their relationship. I think I understand them a whole lot more now. :)

vs. Agatha:
A bit melodramatic in the beginning. It redeemed itself when the battling began (which is great, because I'm actually not a fan of reading battles).
It was a little strange, the other powers. But I hope it will be explained in the future. :)
Not as pleased with this battle as with the others. I suppose it was bound to happen, with Agatha being so unnaturally powerful.

vs. Lance:
Really REALLY scared about Fleance there. I thought for sure he would die and that would be the end of it. Somehow it worked out… The only thing that confused/bothered me was that William couldn't see the bottom of the pool, but Fleance was still able to pull himself out, weak as he was from the water and the Hyper Beams.
I suppose with the creative liberties of writing it makes sense.
To be honest, I kind of laughed when Agatha threw the knife at him. But I also couldn't help but pity him. He really was a coward, wasn't he?

Agatha's powers are really interesting. I'm having trouble following all of it. How will she "pass it on", I wonder? Mew said to someone of her family line, but afterwards said to a nonhuman not of the family line? To a Pokemon, then? One of William's Pokemon, maybe?

…Iris. I can't really follow her. I don't understand what her role is. I know that she's watching over William, but why? And what about her past is so important to the story?
I guess I'll find out later.

I'm kind of befuddled, so I'll leave for now.
Thanks for the updates. :)
Hello...pleased to make your acquaintance.

I can come off as rude, but I promise, I don't mean to be.

If I comment on what you say, it means you're worth commenting on, so please, don't be too offended!

TrainerBOB

December 17th, 2011, 6:55 pm #570

[+] Replies!
Pillowcase wrote:Ooh, Fleance's perspective. Neat.
Thanks Pillowcase!
Psyche wrote:Hmm.
[+] Spoiler
Is Iris immortal, or something of the sort? I'm finding myself very interested in her now, especially her relations with Richard.

Fleance... that couldn't have been good for him. :x

Also Mew said that Agatha couldn't give the power to someone who wasn't a descendant, but then says to give it to a non-human who can wield psychic powers... hrm?
[+] Responses!
I know which line made you think Iris is immortal, and while that is not the case, there is something awfully interesting when it comes to Iris's life. Stay tuned. :wink:
And you'll see who Agatha gives the Power of Mew to, it won't be too shocking, but I think everyone will be please regardless :)
lisalo wrote:Great run. Really. Maybe a bit to overdone, but oh well. Also, does Mewtwo's sorry ass get kicked or not?
Thanks lisalo! And you'll see what happens with Mewtwo soon enough...
LefiaDream wrote:Wow, okay, I missed a lot.
Let's see…

vs. Bruno:
Beautiful. Simply beautiful. It was so well-written and so intense. There wasn't an overdose of blood, but there was enough that I could understand how hard it would be to be a part of that.
The situation with the psychic force telling Lorelei that Bruno hated her, and then how Bruno responded when he was released…just…priceless. <3
I love the flashbacks with their relationship. I think I understand them a whole lot more now. :)

vs. Agatha:
A bit melodramatic in the beginning. It redeemed itself when the battling began (which is great, because I'm actually not a fan of reading battles).
It was a little strange, the other powers. But I hope it will be explained in the future. :)
Not as pleased with this battle as with the others. I suppose it was bound to happen, with Agatha being so unnaturally powerful.

vs. Lance:
Really REALLY scared about Fleance there. I thought for sure he would die and that would be the end of it. Somehow it worked out… The only thing that confused/bothered me was that William couldn't see the bottom of the pool, but Fleance was still able to pull himself out, weak as he was from the water and the Hyper Beams.
I suppose with the creative liberties of writing it makes sense.
To be honest, I kind of laughed when Agatha threw the knife at him. But I also couldn't help but pity him. He really was a coward, wasn't he?

Agatha's powers are really interesting. I'm having trouble following all of it. How will she "pass it on", I wonder? Mew said to someone of her family line, but afterwards said to a nonhuman not of the family line? To a Pokemon, then? One of William's Pokemon, maybe?

…Iris. I can't really follow her. I don't understand what her role is. I know that she's watching over William, but why? And what about her past is so important to the story?
I guess I'll find out later.

I'm kind of befuddled, so I'll leave for now.
Thanks for the updates. :)
WOW! Thanks so much for that long comment Lefia!!! :heart:
[+] Regarding a few things
@Agatha: I may have been a little poor at explaining, so let me elaborate.
The Three Mews sacrificed themselves to surrender their powers; Agatha will have to do the same. By sacrifice themselves, it means they died. Agatha will have to do the same in order to give her power to another.
@Iris.
Iris. Oh, I am so excited what I am going to do with Iris, and I think everyone will love what I do with her. You'll find out her motivation VERY soon. Her past will be slowly drawn out, but it is not so much...her past...that is crucial. You'll see.
Also: I know last chapter ended on a bit of a cliff hanger regarding what Iris (the stranger) was going to talk with Val about. I won't be revealing what was said for a long time; it is very plot relevant, but it won't be plot relevant for a while. Revealing the conversation would reveal too much now as well. Just now that is was crucial, and it confused the hell out of Val. It also terrified her.

Stay tuned for an update tonight!

UPDATE!

Chapter Eighty-Eight
[+] Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Eight: Cousin

She was a strange girl.

The woman who was from Viridian city thought the foreign girl looked very strange. With her odd clothing, the bright red shawl specifally, the girl who couldn’t be older than seventeen years old looked very strange. But the girl paid no attention to the weird looks the woman from Viridian was giving her, so eventually the woman from Viridian stopped starring. Besides, the woman was much more excited about the battle she was about to witness. She was sitting in the old stadium, with 100,000 other Pokémon fans; about to witness what had been advertised as the battle of the century.

The battle between William and Chris Oak.

-----------

Iris has paid not attention to the weird looks the woman from Viridian and many others had given her. She sat in her seat, in the packed stadium, frowning slightly. This was bad. Very bad. Jimmy had managed to get so many people of Kanto to show up. How many people would he kill out of rage, when William beat Chris? Iris shuddered. She gazed down at the battlefield, which the stadium circled. She could see Chris Oak standing in the middle, waiting for William Oak to emerge.

It was noon.

Sabrina was going to be executed in 7 hours.

But by then the fate of Kanto would be decided. William will have beaten Chris, and him and Jimmy would have had their final battle.

And the Eldest will have won.

-------------------------------------------

William, Agatha, Lorelei and Bruno, along with the man in the suit, stood in an elevator that was rising up towards the ground. They had spent the morning preparing.

First, they had inspected their Pokémon. While some of William’s Pokémon were weak and tired, most of them were perfectly healthy, and they could all still battle. The other Elite Four trainers did not have any Pokémon that were in any battle shape. They would not be able to help William.

Second, Bruno and Agatha had prepared William in battle strategy against Chris. Agatha mainly, because she had fought against Chris recently.

Third, Lorelei had instructed William on battling the Legendary Birds, should it come to that. She had known Articuno, and she had learned of the bird’s few weaknesses. William privately wondered if Jimmy had picked at these secrets from her mind, but he did not voice his musings.

And then Jimmy’s butler entered the room. And he told them it was time.

Now, as they rode up the elevator, they were all silent. William knew this was it. His entire journey was coming to this ending. He would battle his cousin in front of all of Kanto (and truly, all of Kanto, Jimmy was making the event televised), and then he would fight Jimmy.

And he would probably die. William swallowed. He had not realized until that moment how close he was to his likely and probable death. Oh well. Too late to turn back now.

The elevator popped up above ground, and the doors slid open. William swallowed as he walked out onto the dirt ground, and he looked around. The stadium was huge, it circled around the entire field, and it rose high in the sky. Every seat was filled.

“WELCOME ONE AND WELCOME ALL,” a deep voice boomed through the stadium. William flinched – he thought he recognized that voice… “WELCOME TO THE BATTLE OF THE CENTURY! THE BATTLE FOR THE CHAMPION POSITION OF THE ELITE 4. THE BATTLE BETWEEN COUSIN AND COUSIN. THIS IS THE BATTLE BETWEEN WILLIAM AND CHRIIIIIS OAAAAK!” The announcer threw extra emphasis on Chris Oak, and the fans of the stadium screamed. Their voices were overwhelming and William closed his eyes, trying to block the noise out.

“AND NOW, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ALLOW ME TO INTRODUE MYSELF, YOUR HUMBLE COMMNTATOR. I AM THE GREATEST TRAINER THIS REGION HAS EVER SEEN. I AM YOUR LEADER. I AM YOUR NEW RULER. MY NAME IS JIMMY OAK!”

William raised his head, horrified. Jimmy Oak was going to commentate on this battle between his cousin? Did his uncle know no bounds of cruelty? There were gasps of shocks throughout the stadium, and Jimmy quickly cried out:

“I PROMISE YOU, MY PEOPLE, I WILL BRING A GRAND NEW AGE FOR YOU ALL. WE WILL BECOME THE RULING REGION. WE WILL BECOME THE GREATEST REGION. AND IT WILL ALL START TODAY, WITH THIS BATTLE!”

And the stadium screamed. It was not from horror; it was not from fear. It was from joy and happiness. People yelled in celebration.

Was this all it took – William wondered. Empty promises? Was that all it took to take over an entire region?

People screamed in joy. William wanted to scream in fear. His head spun around, looking for a press box where Jimmy was announcing. But he could not find.

“AS TRADITION, THE TWO TRAINERS SHAKE HANDS BEFORE THE BATTLE. WILLIAM, IF YOU PLEASE, APPROACH CHRIS OAK.”

William looked behind him at the Elite 4 trainers. There eyes were glued onto William, there mouths hanging open in shock that the events that transpired around them. They said nothing.

William allowed his eyes to float to Agatha, and her eyes looked the most scared. But, she managed to smile slightly, and she said in a soft voice,

“I had a dream William,” she said. “I don’t know what it means…I am still figuring it out. But…there is hope.”

William nodded slowly, but her words had no effect on her. He slowly turned around, and looked at his cousin, who was almost thirty yards away from him. William swallowed nervously.

And he took a step forward with his right foot. And then his left. And this his right.

And then William was walking to greet his cousin, each step coming quicker than the prior.

Chris Oak stood perfect still, smiling slightly, waiting for William to reach him. When he did, he offered a hand forward, and William took it gruffly.

“Let him go,” William said, looking into Chris’s eyes. His cousin was dressed up for the occasion. A cape was slung over his shoulders, and he was wearing a deep blue shirt. His pants were nice and professional. And, hanging around his neck, was the green gem he had received from his mother, Jasmine Koga, at birth.

He looked like he had always looked. Except for his eyes. His eyes were dark and wicked.

“No,” Chris said, answering William’s demand. Or rather, it was the thing that controlled Chris. “I will not free this child. He had his chance to serve me willing. He did not take it. He is my slave. Beat him, and I’ll temporarily let him go, just so he can watch me murder you.”

“Why are you doing this?” William demanded, breaking the handshake. “Why are you serving Jimmy?”

Chris laughed, and ignored the question.

“Just come fight me yourself!” William demanded. “Let’s stop playing games!”

“Here is how this battle is going to work William,” Chris said, his grin spreading wide from ear to ear. “If you beat Chris, then I will battle you, and this will all end very quickly. But, beating Chris isn’t going to be so easy. You see, your cousin’s Pokémon are going to be battling till their death.”

“What?” William hissed.

“That’s right. If you want to beat your cousin, you are going to have to kill his Pokémon, one by one. Even his precious starter Pokémon…how is that going to feel?”

“You can’t make me do that,” William said, his knees trembling.

“Then don’t,” Chris hissed. “Don’t and lose.”

“No…”

“You’re either going to lose in front of all of Kanto, or you are going to have to kill your cousin’s Pokémon in front of all of Kanto. Make your choice William.”

“I can’t!” William screamed. Chris threw his head back and laughed some more. And that’s when it happened. Chris made a choking noise, and he dropped to his knees.

William blinked, startled. He felt inclined to help Chris, but he was not sure if he could move. His cousin slowly raised his head to look at William and…

William gasped. Chris’s eyes had changed.

“William,” Chris said. “I’m…I’m holding it off. For a few seconds…”

“How?” William whispered.

“I’m…I’m not really sure,” Chris said, his hand grasping the emerald gem around his neck for support. “It doesn’t matter. But listen…you have to do it. You have to beat me. You have to save Kanto…”

“Chris,” William said, tears coming to the corner of his eyes. “Don’t you know what-”

“I KNOW WHAT I’M ASKING YOU TO DO!” Chris yelled. “And I’m sorry! But there is no choice William! This is the only way!”

“No…” William said, whispering softly. “There has to be…there has to be…”

And then Chris made a choking noise, and he rose back to his feet in an instant. His eyes had changed once more, and he looked enraged.

“I don’t understand,” Chris hissed. “How did the boy fend me off – even if for just a few seconds? He has no power; such a thing should not be possible.” Chris’s head snapped to William. “What did you do?”

“Nothing…” William said, shocked, trying to stop his eyes from crying.

Chris narrowed his eyes.

“Well then,” he said, his contemptuous tone returning to his voice. “Let’s begin, shall we William Oak?” And then Chris turned promptly around and walked away, going to his assigned position.

William turned around himself and walked towards his position. What was he to do? Kill his cousin’s Pokémon? The allies that William knew Chris loved just as much as William loved his Pokémon?

Or sacrifice all of Kanto – and potentially the whole world? For his cousin’s happiness?

By the time William reached his assigned trainer position, he knew what he had to do. He unclipped a ball from his belt, and he held it up in the air, pointing across the field.

He was going to have to kill Chris’s entire team. He hoped his cousin would forgive him.

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN,” Jimmy Oak’s voice screamed through the stadium. “I PRESENT TO YOU THE POKÉMON BATTLE BETWEEN WILLIAM AND CHRIS OAK.”

There was a pause. The stadium was silent.

“BEGIN!”
Short, I know. Champion battle next chapter.

LeafiaDream

December 19th, 2011, 2:40 pm #571

…
SKDFHAGINVILWAEHAPHEGAWVK
Battle next chapter. @_@
Ah, this will be lovely. More deaths. :/
*sends a prayer for Chris's life*

Best of luck. :)
Sounds like this will be hard to write.

If I comment on what you say, it means you're worth commenting on, so please, don't be too offended!

Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

December 19th, 2011, 3:03 pm #572

This is bloody murder. Good grief, is there no end to Jimmy's cruelties?
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

PI L LW OW
PILLOW
PILLOW

TrainerBOB

December 20th, 2011, 7:46 pm #573

[+] Replies
LeafiaDream wrote:…
SKDFHAGINVILWAEHAPHEGAWVK
Battle next chapter. @_@
Ah, this will be lovely. More deaths. :/
*sends a prayer for Chris's life*

Best of luck. :)
Sounds like this will be hard to write.
Thanks lefia! :smile: It was a bit of a struggle to write; I think mostly though because I am really tired of all these back-to-back chapters of battling.
Pillowcase wrote:This is bloody murder. Good grief, is there no end to Jimmy's cruelties?
Sadly, nope, there is no end to Jimmy's cruelties. Thanks as always for the comment though! :keke:
UPDATE!

Chapter Eighty-Nine
[+] Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Eighty-Nine: The Championship Battle

“Sandslash, go!”

“Virgilia, go!”

The Blastoise landed on the field with a large thump. She roared, throwing her head back, and letting the two cannons poking out of her shell to shoot water into the air. Chris’s Sandslash clawed at the ground, and hissed at his opponent across the field from him.

“AND OUR TRAINERS HAVE SENT THEIR FIRST POKÉMONS OUT!” Jimmy yelled, his voice vibrating throughout the arena. The crowd screamed and yelled, shouting advice to each trainer, completely oblivious to the fact that this battle could determine the fate of Kanto.

William gritted his teeth, thrusted his arm in the air, and gave the first order.

“Hydro-Pump!” Virgilia’s two cannons moved, focused on the Sandslash, and she blasted two streams of water across the field.

“Dodge!” Chris ordered. The Sandslash made an attempt to move, but he was too slow. The water collided into him, and he slid backwards kicking up dirt as his body bounced backwards. “Now, Earthquake!”

The Sandslash drove his claws into the ground and cracks speeded out from the point, and the entire stadium began to tremble. Virgilia struggled to retain her balance.

“IT LOOKS LIKE WILLIAM IS STRUGGLING TO WIN EVEN WHEN HE HAS THE MOST BASIC TYPE ADVANTAGE,” Jimmy mocked. “HOW COULD HE POSSIBLY EXPECT TO DEFEAT OUR HONORABLE CHAMPION?”

“Virgilia, Hydro-Pump, again!” William ordered, trying to ignore Jimmy. The Blastoise performed another water blasting attack, and this one sent the Pokémon stumbling to the ground, where it struggled to move. The Sandslash made an attempt to raise to his feet, but then he feel backwards, too weak to stand up.

Chris made no move to recall his Pokémon. He merely stared at William, his eyes empty of emotion, waiting. The stadium screamed and yelled, but no move was made by either trainer. William stayed perfectly still, willing to wait out Chris all day if need be.

Kill it William William gasped and he nearly collapsed to his knees as he felt his head split with pain as someone…or something…made a Psychic connection with him. Kill it, or I will unleash the legendary birds on the audience as you dawdle…

“Virgilia!” William exclaimed. He could only bring himself to say her name though – he was unable to say the order. The Blastoise looked back at her trainer, and she nodded her head sadly.

She shot forth another Hydro-Cannon attack that smashed the Sandslash into the ground. The Pokémon thrashed on the ground and shrieked, unable to escape the continuous stream of water. Eventually the Pokémon stopped moving.

The Sandslash had drowned.

“WHAT IS THIS?” Jimmy screamed throughout the stadium. “THIS FRIENDLY BATTLE HAS TAKEN A DARK TURN! WILLIAM OAK HAS MURDERED ONE OF CHRIS OAK’S POKÉMON IN COLD BLOOD!” The audience started booing, and they began to yell obscenities at William. William closed his eyes, and he tried to ignore their jibs and words. He knew this was Jimmy’s game –turn the audience against him, make them hate him. And try to make him hate himself.

But despite William’s self assurances that he was doing the right thing – no matter how difficult, he still felt a cold hand grip over his heart.

Battle-hand aids carried the dead Pokémon off the field, while the crowd continued to voice their opinion over what Jimmy had described as ‘murder’.

“WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?” Jimmy questioned. There was an unmistakable hint of glee in his voice that William wondered how the crowd missed. “IT SEEMS THAT CHRIS OAK IS STRUGGLING TO MAKE A MOVE IN THIS SUDDEN TURN OF EVENTS. HE COULDN’T HAVE PREDICTED THAT HIS CHILDHOOD BEST FRIEND WOULD KILL HIS POKÉMON?”

Chris was displaying no signs of emotion, save for a cocky smile that William knew was not his own. Yet all the same, the crowd increased in their booing and yelling. William felt like he was being pushed down into the ground by the screams.

The Champion unclipped a ball from his belt, and he tossed it in the air.

“Alakazam – go!”

“Return Virgilia,” William said, cursing silently to himself. An Alakazam…they were dangerous. Well, he had his go to Pokémon.

“Tybalt – go!” The Charizard roared as he was called out to the field in battle. He threw his head back and let loose a fiery wall of flames into the air. The audience grew silent as they stared at the magnificent and powerful Pokémon.

“Psychic.”

Tybalt leapt into the air, and he barreled to the left as an unseen force blasted past him and smashed into the stadium wall behind him, causing a large boom and clouds of dust to be kicked up. Tybalt then soared through the air, and he unleashed a torrent of flames that threaten to consume the Alakazam.

“Reflect.”

A wall of psychic power formed itself in front of Alakazam, and the blast of fire stopped at the wall, unable to shoot past it. A wall of flames surrounded the Alakazam, pressing around the psychic shied…

And then the Charizard flew into the wall of fire, burning himself, but crushing the shield that surrounded the Alakazam. The Pokémon jumped backwards, surprised by Tybalt’s guts. But he was too slow. Tybalt slashed at Alakazam with his claws, dealing a fatal blow.

“Recover!” Chris ordered.

“Tybalt, don’t let him heal himself!” William ordered.

Tybalt launched forward as a white light began to surround the Alakazam, clawing at the Pokémon and letting lose powerful fire attacks. The Alakazam tried to fend the Charizard off with psychic attacks, but Tybalt was relentless and would not give up.

“LOOK AT THE CRUELTY!” Jimmy yelled. “WILLIAM WON’T EVEN GIVE HIS OPPONENT’S POKÉMON A CHANCE TO BREATH!” The crowd began to get noisy again, screaming boos and crying out for Chris’s Pokémon.

The Alakazam fell back to the ground, on his back, bleeding from multiple wounds. His moustache above his mouth was set aflame.

“Recover,” Chris ordered coldly. The Alakazam tried to move, but he could not do so, and wasn’t able to perform the move his trainer had ordered.

“End it,” William said, knowing what the consequences would be if he didn’t. Tybalt lifted his claws, and swiped at the Alakazam’s neck, killing the Pokémon as swiftly and quickly as possible.

“AND ANOTHER ONE OF CHRIS’S POKÉMON IS DEAD!” Jimmy yelled. The stadium screamed, their cries of disapproval growing louder and louder. “WHAT WOULD WILLIAM OAK’S PARENTS THINK IF THEY COULD SEE HIM NOW, MURDERING HIS FRIEND’S BELOVED POKÉMON IN FRONT OF THOUSANDS?”

“Return Tybalt,” William said, ignoring the screams that rained down on him. He clipped the ball back to his belt, and waited for Chris to send out his next Pokémon.

“Go Cloyster!” The shell Pokémon landed on the field, and didn’t move, staying perfectly still as it waited for William to send out his Pokémon.

“Eros,” William said, unclipping the Jolteon’s ball from his belt and tossing it in the air. “Go!”

“AND WILLIAM OF COURSE HAS CHOSEN ANOTHER POKÉMON TO GIVE HIM THE TYPE ADVANTAGE – WHAT A COWARD!”

Eros jumped onto the field, and attacked without command, letting lose a wicked and powerful Thunder onto the opposing Cloyster. The Pokémon in return shot forth an Ice Beam attack that Eros narrowly dodged.

“THE TWO POKÉMON ARE EXCHANGING BLOW AFTER BLOW!” Jimmy cried out. “IT COULDN’T GET MORE HEATED THAN THIS!”

------------------------------------------------

The man took a sip of the whiskey in the glass he held in his hand. He was sitting in a room that was completely dark. It had no lights on. They only source of light was the television, which was playing the Championship battle in Kanto between William and Chris Oak.

He took another sip of whiskey, and grimaced. Of all the alcoholic beverages, whiskey was not his favorite. It was a little too strong for his taste. Yet he drank it all the same.

He was still looking for Charlie Oak. But the man would find Charlie. He was confident of that. The two always seem to wind up together, some way or another.

He took another sip of the whiskey, and he grimaced again. Charlie had loved whiskey, he hated it.

Murdering Blaine was nothing on the man’s conscious. He had asked Blaine where Charlie was. Blaine had not known. So the man had killed him. It was just business.

The man took another shot of whiskey and he grimaced.

“AND ANOTHER POKÉMON HAS BEEN MURDERED ON THIS BATTLEFIELD!” Jimmy’s voice screamed out of the television set. “WILLIAM OAK IS ON A MURDEROUS RAMPAGE!”

“Oh come on Jimmy,” the man snapped, as he increased volume on the television set. “Stop playing with your food. Just end it already.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris unclipped the fourth ball on his belt and William recalled Eros. William had defeated three of Chris’s Pokémon. There was just three more to go.

“WITH THREE OF HIS POKÉMON DEAD, HOW WILL CHRIS GO ON?” Jimmy wondered. “PERHAPS MORE IMPORTANTLY, HOW CAN WILLIAM LIVE WITH HIMSELF?”

The noise in the stadium had turned to constant booing. The crowd would not stop. William did everything he could to put them out of his mind, but he couldn’t. It was like a constant pressure was pushing him into the ground.

“Ninetales,” Chris said. “GO!”

“Virgilia!” William cried, sending out his Blastoise once more.

The two Pokémon landed on the battlefield, and squared off, waiting for commands to attack.

“Fire Spin!”

“Hydro-Pump!”

Ninetales let loose a powerful fire attack, that spun through the air. The Blastoise attacked with her cannons, blasting two streams of water at the Ninetales. The fire spun through the air, avoiding the water, and striking Virgilia on her chest. She stumbled backwards, while Ninetales leapt to the side, avoiding Virgilia’s attack.

“Confuse-Ray!”

Ninetales’ eyes began to glow a deep purple, and she stared deep into Virgilia’s eyes as she slowly stalked up to the Blastoise. Virgilia began having difficulty standing as the confuse ray took effect. She swerved in the air, and she looked like she might fall at any given moment.

“VIRGILIA!” William cried. But it was no use, Virgilia could not shake free of the attack. Ninetales continued to stalk forward, now barring her teeth and snarling. Her eyes were fixed on Vrigilia’s neck, exposed and poking out of the Blastoise’s shell.

“VIRGILIA!”

And then the Ninetales jumped in the air.

And at the last second Virgilia shot forth a Hydro Cannon attack that hit the Ninetales at close range. There was a definitive crack and Ninetales was smashed back into the ground, where she laid, unable to move with a broken spine. Her tongue hung out of her mouth, and her blank eyes stared up at the sky.

“FOUR!” Jimmy screamed. “FOUR POKÉMON MURDERED BY WILLIAM OAK!”

“Return!” William said, unable to hide his relief that his Pokémon was alright. Yet at the same time, tears began to leak out of William’s eyes as the boos rained down on him. It was too much. It was too much to bare.

The battle-aides removed Ninetales from the field, and Chris clipped the next ball off of his belt.

“Go – Exeggutor!”

“Tybalt!” William said weekly, “GO!” The Charizard returned to the field, roaring. The Exxeggutor landed opposite on the field of Tybalt, all three of its heads shrieking. Its eyes began to glow a dark purple. Tybalt snorted, flames coming out of his nostrils.

“FLAMETHROWER!”

“PSYCHIC!”

------------

Richard Oak, standing on the mountaintop above the stadium, frowned as he lowered his binoculars and looked to the sky. Storm clouds were beginning to gather over the stadium. That was Zapados’s doing – Richard knew that. And so Jimmy had already given up on his son. He knew Chris would not be able to beat William, and he was gathering his legendary birds to strike down upon William when the battle ended. The birds would hide in the clouds, safe from view. Richard clicked his tongue, irritated.

Richard raised his binoculars once more. William was to beat Chris – that was for sure. But he hoped his son would be able to do it without losing any of his Pokémon…

-------------

Exxeggutor fell to his back, screeching as the flames coursed over his body, burning the grass Pokémon. Tybalt watched grimly, not moving, waiting for it to end.

“CALL HIM BACK!” William screamed across the battlefield to Chris. “CALL HIM BACK!” Chris smiled at William and he very deliberately shook his head from left to right. “ARCEUS DAMN YOU, CALL HIM BACK!”

“WHAT IS THIS?” Jimmy asked, his voice echoing through the arena. “IS WILLIAM OAK MOCKING CHRIS WHILE HIS POKÉMON DIES? DOES HIS CRUELTY KNOW NO BOUNDS?”

The noise in the stadium increased, and William felt like collapsing. This couldn’t be happening. This couldn’t be real. He couldn’t be here. This wasn’t what he had hoped for, when he left Pallet Town those months ago. Not this. Anything but this.

Eventually the Exeggutor stopped thrashing, and it laid still. The Pokémon had burned to death. The battle-aids ran to the field once more, and it took five of them to carry the Pokémon off the field.

“CHRIS OAK IS DOWN TO HIS LAST POKÉMON!” Jimmy said. “IT HAS BECOME CLEAR THAT WILLIAM IS GOING TO WIN THIS BATTLE. BUT WILL HE DO IT WHILE MURDERING CHRIS’S LAST POKÉMON – HIS STARTER POKÉMON?”

The fans had gone rabid. They screamed with rage and anger. The booed. They mocked William. William felt like he was in the deepest pit of despair. He was trying to save Kanto – and all of Kanto had turned against him.

“Jolteon.” Chris said, sending out his precious Pokémon. William remembered Chris getting his starter Pokémon all those months ago in Oak’s lab. It was a simple, easy time, when there were no difficulties, no Jimmy Oak, no Sons of Three, no evils. William had hated Chris and Chris had hated William.

William wished he had still hated Chris. That would make this much easier.

“Fleance!” William said, sending in his ace. The Nidoking was his most trusted Pokémon.

The Nidoking landed on the battlefield, and roared. He moved his left arm with some stiffness, it was obviously still hurting from the previous day’s battle with the Dragonite.

“Pin Missile!” Chris ordered. Jolteon’s tips lit up, and they shot pins across the field at Fleance. William was not concerned, he did not think they would even scratch Fleance’s rock hard skin.

And then the attack landed, hitting Fleance in the Nidoking’s right shoulder.

And the Pokémon roared in pain and stumbled back, as the pins lodged themselves into Fleance, and blood sprouted out, staining the battlefield. The Nidoking dropped to his knees, and the Pokémon began to breath heavily.

“IS THIS THE END OF WILLIAM’S NIDOKING? WILL CHRIS EXTRACT REVENGE BEFORE HE LOSES THIS BATTLE?”

“FLEANCE!” William cried out. What had happened? How had the Pokémon taken so much damage? And that’s when William remembered. Pin Missile was a bug move – it was super effective against Fleance, a ground and poison type Pokémon. Shit! I messed up. Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit…

“Again.” Chris ordered coldly.

“DODGE!” William cried out in desperation. Fleance fell to his side, barely avoiding the attack as the pins soared through the air where he had been a second before. As he fell to the ground, Fleance slammed his fist onto the ground, making an Earthquake attack. The ground cracked and the crack spread and spread as quickly as lightening until it reached Chris’s Jolteon…

And then pointed rocks rose out of the ground, and slammed themselves into the Jolteon, breaking through into his stomach. The Jolteon laid on the raised rocks, unable to move, bleeding massively out of the wound.

The Jolteon was dead. There was a second of silence, when nothing happened. And then Chris collapsed to the floor.

William quickly recalled Fleance, and sprinted across the field, ignoring the scream of boos that rained down upon him. He could feel Lorelei, Bruno and Agatha running behind him, but he did not glance back.

Jimmy said nothing. For once in the battle, the eldest son of Professor Oak was silent.

William reached Chris, and scooped down to the ground, calling out his name. His cousin, who had fallen to his knees, blinked several times surprised. He raised his head, and looked to the sky, where many dark clouds had gathered.

And then Chris looked back to William, and he said in a soft voice:

“Are they really all dead?” William felt the color drained from his face, and the only thing he could do was nod a single time. He wanted to scream apologizes, but he knew that would do no good. Chris closed his eyes, and nodded, and William knew he was fighting to keep back the tears.

William rose to his feet slowly, leaving Chris on the ground. He felt the anger inside him boil, and his face became red, gaining its color once more. He looked to the stadium and he ignored the screams and boos that rained down upon him.

“ALRIGHT JIMMY!” William screamed, veins in his throat poking out as he yelled as loud as he could Bruno, Lorelei, and Agatha behind him had gathered around Chris, covering him as the ex-Champion began to cry. “I’VE PLAYED YOUR GAME! NOW COME AND FACE ME YOU SELF, YOU COWARD!”

For a second, there was no response. And then, there was a loud clap of thunder in the skies.

And that is when Agatha started screaming.
[+] A Few Thoughts
Next chapter will be a short little pre-final battle chapter. And then there will be the final battle. And then there will be one more chapter after that. And then there will be the epilogue. Its all coming to an end.

FYI, in order to win the game, I told myself I had to beat all three birds and Mewtwo in game. So this is not over yet.

Place your bets now. Will Jimmy win? Who is going to die? What is going to happen?

Stay tuned, for soon, it all ends...
Leave me a comment! Make a prediction! Y'all are the best, I couldn't have asked for a better group of readers these last almost-90 chapters! :heart:

LeafiaDream

December 21st, 2011, 4:04 am #574

OH GOD FLEANCE.
So scared! >_<"
And Virgilia as well.
Crap, that was nerve-wracking…
I'm glad for the outcome, though.

So many deaths…
[+] Spoiler
I think the one thing that would have made the chapter better would have been to focus on Chris's Jolteon's death. It would have seemed a lot more meaningful, especially after all of the others. It almost felt like, "Oh, he killed the last one, moving on". To me, at least.
I dunno. Maybe that can be incorporated later, once Chris is more conscious of himself.
Anyway.
[+] Spoiler
I have a feeling that William will win, but only with a ton of help and a lot of sacrifices. Considering that it's not too difficult to defeat the birds, and that Mewtwo just spams a lot, I think that you made it through, causing William to come out victorious as well. I just don't think that you would lose. But who knows, I could be underestimating you. :/
Hard to believe that this is almost over. It's been a long time, hasn't it?
Best of luck, now more than ever. :)

Psyche

December 21st, 2011, 5:02 am #575

Is Pin Missle super effective against ground/poison? :U Either way, can't wait for the next chapter and then the finale oh man who's gonna die and how is this mess going to be wrapped up?! :ohdear:
Crystal story run!

Hawkfire
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

December 21st, 2011, 9:38 am #576

Dear god that battle was nerve wracking...
I doubt any of William's pokemon are going to die at this point, but there's no chance all of the humans are gonna make it out of this alive.
Great writing, and I can't wait for the finale!

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

December 21st, 2011, 11:50 am #577

Psyche wrote:Is Pin Missle super effective against ground/poison? :U Either way, can't wait for the next chapter and then the finale oh man who's gonna die and how is this mess going to be wrapped up?! :ohdear:
Strangely enough, it is. I have no idea how. In first gen anyway.

And great to see you updating regularly once more Bob. Looking forwards to the next one with anticipation.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

December 21st, 2011, 1:36 pm #578

wrote:Is Pin Missle super effective against ground/poison? :U Either way, can't wait for the next chapter and then the finale oh man who's gonna die and how is this mess going to be wrapped up?!
In Gen I, Bug is super efective against Poison, and vice versa. Hence Bug-type moves deal 4x damage against Beedrill, 2x against Arbok, and so on. Resistance to Bug for Poison was added from Gen II.
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

PI L LW OW
PILLOW
PILLOW

brindle891
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym

December 21st, 2011, 7:09 pm #579

This run is the reason I joined this forum, just so you know. The writing is amazing, and I can't wait for the finale! Keep it up!
This is where people put clever, witty one liners right? Yeah, working on it...

TrainerBOB

December 21st, 2011, 7:24 pm #580

Oh, so many comments! Update time, but replies first! :smile:
[+] Repliiiies!
LeafiaDream wrote:OH GOD FLEANCE.
So scared! >_<"
And Virgilia as well.
Crap, that was nerve-wracking…
I'm glad for the outcome, though.

So many deaths…
[+] Spoiler
I think the one thing that would have made the chapter better would have been to focus on Chris's Jolteon's death. It would have seemed a lot more meaningful, especially after all of the others. It almost felt like, "Oh, he killed the last one, moving on". To me, at least.
I dunno. Maybe that can be incorporated later, once Chris is more conscious of himself.
Anyway.
[+] Spoiler
I have a feeling that William will win, but only with a ton of help and a lot of sacrifices. Considering that it's not too difficult to defeat the birds, and that Mewtwo just spams a lot, I think that you made it through, causing William to come out victorious as well. I just don't think that you would lose. But who knows, I could be underestimating you. :/
Hard to believe that this is almost over. It's been a long time, hasn't it?
Best of luck, now more than ever. :)
Thanks Lefia! :smile:
And yes! Its been almost a whole year! I am excited to end this run!!!

And you are completely right; I should have spent a little more time on Chris's Jolteon's death. I just kinda glossed over that. Truthfully, I am tired of these battle-long chapters. The Elite 4 has been a long haul.
Psyche wrote:Is Pin Missle super effective against ground/poison? :U Either way, can't wait for the next chapter and then the finale oh man who's gonna die and how is this mess going to be wrapped up?! :ohdear:
Yeah, it actually is :x_x: see LordQ's and Pillowcase's comments below. I had no idea, and the attack hit five times, and Fleance literally had like 8 HP left. It was terrifying.
But thanks Psyche! Its about to get crazy!
Hawkfire wrote:Dear god that battle was nerve wracking...
I doubt any of William's pokemon are going to die at this point, but there's no chance all of the humans are gonna make it out of this alive.
Great writing, and I can't wait for the finale!
Thanks Hawkfire, its coming soon!
LordQ wrote:
Strangely enough, it is. I have no idea how. In first gen anyway.

And great to see you updating regularly once more Bob. Looking forwards to the next one with anticipation.
Thanks LordQ, it feels good to be updating regularly again! :keke:
Pillowcase wrote:
wrote:Is Pin Missle super effective against ground/poison? :U Either way, can't wait for the next chapter and then the finale oh man who's gonna die and how is this mess going to be wrapped up?!
In Gen I, Bug is super efective against Poison, and vice versa. Hence Bug-type moves deal 4x damage against Beedrill, 2x against Arbok, and so on. Resistance to Bug for Poison was added from Gen II.
Yeah, that is correct. I really wish I had known that going into the battle. I almost lost Fleance right then and there.
brindle891 wrote:This run is the reason I joined this forum, just so you know. The writing is amazing, and I can't wait for the finale! Keep it up!
Ahhh! asajsdjlsfhfha;hf;sh Thank you...you are too kind. :heart: I am so glad you have enjoyed this and I'm glad you have found it in time for the end!
Alrigty folks! Its update time...

Chapter Ninety
[+] Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety: The First Becomes the Second

Agatha screamed. Lorelei and Bruno took a step away, shocked. Chris stood up, and attempted to help his grandmother, but she pushed him away.

“Agatha!” William said, turning to his grandmother. Thunder clapped above in the dark storm clouds, and a sharp cold wind blew over them all. “Are you alright?”

She was standing straight up without the help of anyone. She had dropped her cane. Her back was arched, and her head looked to the side. Her white hair blew in the wind, and she did not blink.

“I can see it all!” She said in horror. “I can see everything. I can see my heritage. I can see my past. I can see what my blood remembers but what I’ve forgotten! I can see the Three Prophets, one still to be chosen! I can see everything!”

Agatha let lose another horrible scream.

“I can see the past! I can see the present! I can see the future! I can see the horrible things that have passed, and the much more horrible things that are going to happen!” She gasped and raced towards William, grabbing him by the scruff of his shirt. “Such horrible things to come! Such horrible things!” She stumbled backwards, letting William go. She turned to Chris, and cried. “Oh Christopher! Christopher…my grandson! Beware of your uncle! Beware of him! He will kill you, given the chance, my dear grandson!” She cried out in pain and stumbled backwards a few more steps.

“Jimmy,” she said softly, and then louder. “Oh Jimmy, why! What have you done Jimmy! Why have you done this?” She began to cry. “Look at what you’ve done to yourself Jimmy? Why?”

Then she shivered, and her eyes swiveled around in their sockets, as her mind jumped to something else.

“Richard…oh Richard…Richard you will be tricked! Richard no! No RICHARD NO!” She begged, dropping to her knees, crying and sobbing. William moved to help her, but she jumped away, spinning around, her eyes moving faster than William knew was humanly possible. Above them, thunder clapped once more.

“CHARLIE!” She turned and looked at William. “A horrible assumption! A horrible assumption you’ve made!” She said, pointing one of her wrinkly fingers at William. “And no one will be left to correct you! Jimmy has taken all memories of Charlie away from those who will still live, and there will be no one to correct your assumption! That horrible, HORRIBLE assumption”

“What assumption!” William begged his grandmother. “Agatha, Agatha what is it!” But Agatha was already moved onto a new subject, spinning around, moving with strength that William knew was beyond her.

“The Sons of Three, with three flowing through them! Oh, the Sons of Three! That powerful number, the number three! So many meanings! So much repeating! That number dominates the world!” Agatha turned to look at William. She ran to him, and grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt once more.

“There is so much suffering to be done…” she sobbed. “And it’s all your fault. You betrayed us. You helped turn them against each other. Why did you do it? Why? ” She released William then, and she spun away, screaming and crying.

Then she turned back around, and her face was serious once more. The looks of accusation in her face was gone.

“It’s not your fault…but those before you. They are to blame.” She shivered, and then held out her hand. “There is hope William. There is hope. But first you must win today’s battle, and you can’t do that. Not right now. But I am going to give you something. An ancient power, a power that will save all.”

There was silent among William, Bruno, Lorelei and Chris.

“William,” Agatha said. “Give me your Butterfree.”

William blinked surprised. Then he unclipped a ball from his belt, and he let Desdemona out. The Butterfree floated to Agatha, and she looked up at the old lady, slightly confused and terribly scared.

“I don’t know what this will do to you, little one,” Agatha said, softly petting the Butterfree’s wings. “But I wish you luck.” Agatha closed her eyes. “A Butterfree with the Power of Mew…” She whispered, and then she chuckled slightly.

And then her eyes snapped open. They had changed colors. They were now glowing purple.

Agatha screamed.

Desdemona screeched.

And then Agatha was lifted into the air, her entire body outlined in a glowing purple light. Desdemona tried to break free of Agatha’ grip, but a powerful force hold her in the elderly woman’s arms. Lorelei, Bruno, and Chris backed away, but William stayed still, transfixed by what was happening.

And then Agatha collapsed to the ground, Desdemona still in her hands. William ran forward to his grandmother. Her eyes were blank and empty, her pupils themselves were gone. William put a shaky hand to her throat, where he felt no pulse. Bruno, Lorelei, and Chris gathered around. Agatha was dead.

“Get her out of here,” William said, but knowing it was already too late. He picked up Desdemona in his arms, and he cradled the Butterfree there. He could feel her breathing, but she was unconscious.

Bruno picked up Agatha, and he started carrying her off the field. William nodded to Lorelei and Chris:

“Get out of here,” he said urgently. “Jimmy is coming – you can’t help me now!” They both hesitated for a second, but then they nodded, following Bruno as he headed towards a tunnel that would lead them out of the stadium.

“Everybody, out!” William cried out. And there were five flashes around him as his Pokémon let themselves out of their balls. Tybalt, the Charizard, Eros, the Jolteon, Vigilia, the Blastoise, Brabantio, the Venasaur and Fleance, the Nidoking, surrounded William, protecting their trainer.

“JIMMY!” William cried into the air. “COME OUT AND FACE ME!” The crowd was no longer booing as they had been a few moments ago. They had witness Agatha’s strange event, and the entire hundred-thousand crowd were murmuring, now concerned.

“YOU WANT ME WILLIAM OAK?” A deep voice that William knew was Jimmy’s echoed through the arena. It was louder than before, and William winced as the sound hurt his ears. “VERY WELL. I AM COMING. ITS TIME FOR YOU TO DIE.”

And then the three legendary birds broke through the clouds. They came so suddenly and out of nowhere that William could only gasp in shock. Zapados raked down the stadium, electrifying fans who screamed in pain. The majestic Moltres spread her wings wide, and blew mighty fire from her jaws as she set parts of the stadium on fire. And the beautiful Articuno, shinning and sparkling, froze entire sections with her Ice Beam attacks.

And then, from the center of the clouds, a humanoid-like creature began to descent downwards, slowly and deliberately down into the middle of the stadium. It looked similar to what William knew a Mew would look like, but it was darker in its color scheme, and much bigger. It had strange ears that protruded out of his head, and its feet were webbed. Each of its hands only had three fingers, and the fingers were rounded at the ends. The creature must have been almost six feet tall, with a tall that stretched out several feet behind him.

Jimmy hadn’t remade Mew. He had created something else entirely.

The creature landed on the battlefield, not but twenty yards away from William. The Legendary Birds wrecked havoc on the people who had gathered in the stands, killing thousands. But William was able to do nothing but stand by and watch. He was too fearful, afraid to make a wrong move and lose all of Kanto.

William could not find Jimmy. His uncle had yet to show up.

“WHERE ARE YOU?” William screamed. “You’ve showed me your power! You’ve showed me your three birds! You’ve showed me this monster you’ve created! NOW SHOW YOURSELF JIMMY!”

“Fool,” a deep and powerful voice echoed out of the Psychic Mew-like creature that had landed yards away from William. “I’m right here.”

William looked to the thing, shocked. What had it just said?

The three birds stopped killing fans in the stadium and they landed on the ground behind the creature. All of their eyes were glowing purple. They were under direct mind control.

“You looked shocked William,” the creature said. “Don’t you see what I’ve done?”

William looked at the creature, his eyes wide. He recognized the voice. No…there was no way.

“I am Jimmy Oak,” the creature said. “Using the Mew Fossil, Bill’s machine, and my own body, I have turned myself into the second, more powerful version of Mew.”

William stumbled backwards, shocked.

“No…” he said.

“Yes,” Jimmy said – for the creature was Jimmy. “I have turned myself into a Pokémon. I have made myself into Mewtwo. I am controlling the power directly, rather than the thing that controlled the power.”

William felt his knees wobble.

“I, the first, have turned into the second,” Jimmy said, his voice becoming louder once more and echoing throughout the stadium. “I have united the three.

“AND NOW I AM GOING TO RULE THE WORLD.”
[+] A few crucial thoughts: CAUTION - READ CHAPTER FIRST
[+] Make Sure you've read the chapter...
A long time ago someone deduced that the Ancient Prophecy meant Jimmy was going to turn himself into Mewtwo. They were right of course, but thankfully most of everyone seems to have forgotten about that. :sweatdrop:

Also, Agatha: I will miss you. I wished I had used you as a character more, but if was time for you to go. I wrote myself into a hole, anyone with any memory of Charlie/Richard had to either die, have their memory wiped, or not be on William's side.

If anything, Agatha has taught me that the Elite 4 have a lot of potential, and I won't be missing out on tapping that potential in future runs.

You should know how I handle these last battles. The rules for the final was I had to beat the three birds and then I had to battle Jimmy. I did not do any training after the Elite 4, so I went in highly under level (at least for the level 70 Mewtwo). I cannot find my notes for the life of me, but I remembered exactly how the battles went. I also remembered my levels. Everyone was in low 50s, except Tybalt(Charizard) who as 55. Keep that in mind when making any predictions about the upcoming battle.

Also, a quick question: I am working on the final battle. It is going to be long and dramatic. I am having trouble deciding something: When referring to Jimmy/Mewtwo, which name should I use? By using Jimmy, I don't want to accidentally give the imagery of a man in the suit flying through the air using psychic attacks, but at the same time I don't want people to forget that Jimmy is Mewtwo. There is a good chance I am just going to call him Jimmy I think, while being sure to continuos reminders that Jimmy now has a tail and webbed feet. Regardless, input would be appreciated. :)

Be sure to leave me a comment on these plot twists in this chapter! I know nothing Agatha is saying is making sense, but that is because there are powerful forces behind all this to which I have not revealed! If you want a peek at what they are, ask yourself a few questions. Where did the Ancient Prophecies come from? Is it really a coincidence that Agatha feel in love with Professor Oak and Blaine Oak - brothers? Where else has something like that happened before? How incredibly often does the number 3 pops up in the Pokémon world? (3 starter Pokémon, 3 legendary birds, 3 dogs... etc.)
[+] Spoiler
Oh. And you should know that the title of this series, Sons of Three, does not mean what you all think it means and it never has.
Toodles. :trollface: