Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
Comatose
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

November 11th, 2011, 12:18 am #541

I'm so glad to see this updating. I've loved this run ever since i stumbled upon it before you beat Koga. I can't wait to see how you finish this, and I'm excited to see what other runs you do.
A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. Then you can focus on it and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient and you hold still, well maybe, just maybe, it'll come to you. And I mean hell...if you have to live the rest of your life in a memory...you might as well make it a good one.- Leonard Church, Red Vs Blue

LeafiaDream
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

November 12th, 2011, 5:13 pm #542

Ooh.
Richard.
I really am interested in figuring out his character. I still can't tell if he's a good guy or a bad guy. :/
I'm tempted to reread the whole thing again and take notes…there's so much important information in this thing that it's hard to keep track of everything.

Anyway, glad for the update. I hope your computer's okay. :)
Hello...pleased to make your acquaintance.

I can come off as rude, but I promise, I don't mean to be.

If I comment on what you say, it means you're worth commenting on, so please, don't be too offended!

Destroyanator

November 14th, 2011, 5:49 am #543

I see what you did there, with the foreshadowing....

anyway:
[+] Spoiler
I noticed that in Iris's whole creepy prophecy chant thing, she confirms that immy and William will fight, and that the Eldest will win. take note of that for a moment. not that Jimmy woud win, or that the first of three would win, but that "the Eldest". my theory: The Eldest is some ancient, extraordinarily powerful pokemon who's been influencing Jimmy from behind the scenes all along. Given that the final battle takes place in Unova, i'm going put on a limb and guesing either Zekrom or Reshiram, although i'm leaning towards Reshiram. I suppose we'll see :biggrin:
In any case, i look forward to the next chapter. with great anticipation :lilcal: Happy writing!

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

November 19th, 2011, 10:30 pm #544

[+] Replies
LordQ wrote:Heehee, sounds interesting Bob. Nice work.

Looking forwards to the next one.
Haha thanks Q! I think it will be interesting, once everything plays out.
Pillowcase wrote:Oh, Iris is there now? Or it might be another Iris entirely, because this one has black and curly hair and the other one has, well, a blue kite strapped to her back.

Still, the plot is getting more and more intricate even though you've already revealed so many details. That's neat.
Yes, this is the same Iris. I just wanted to go for a more...realistic look. And to be honest I had the impression her hair was black and curly for some reason as I had not seen her very much, so prior to your comment I was unaware of her...blue...kite? Yeah, that's a good way to put it. Regardless, I want something a little less so unsual. So I gave her black and curly hair.
Comatose wrote:I'm so glad to see this updating. I've loved this run ever since i stumbled upon it before you beat Koga. I can't wait to see how you finish this, and I'm excited to see what other runs you do.
THanks man! I can't wait to finish this run (really, I've been dragging), and I am so excited to start my next one. But I am going to do this run justice first, that I promise.

LeafiaDream wrote:Ooh.
Richard.
I really am interested in figuring out his character. I still can't tell if he's a good guy or a bad guy. :/
I'm tempted to reread the whole thing again and take notes…there's so much important information in this thing that it's hard to keep track of everything.

Anyway, glad for the update. I hope your computer's okay. :)
Richard will be a mystery for you all to the very end. And by very end, I mean end of the series. The end end. End.

And I am tempted to remind you that the smallest details make all the difference...
Destroyanator wrote:I see what you did there, with the foreshadowing....

anyway:
[+] Spoiler
I noticed that in Iris's whole creepy prophecy chant thing, she confirms that immy and William will fight, and that the Eldest will win. take note of that for a moment. not that Jimmy woud win, or that the first of three would win, but that "the Eldest". my theory: The Eldest is some ancient, extraordinarily powerful pokemon who's been influencing Jimmy from behind the scenes all along. Given that the final battle takes place in Unova, i'm going put on a limb and guesing either Zekrom or Reshiram, although i'm leaning towards Reshiram. I suppose we'll see :biggrin:
In any case, i look forward to the next chapter. with great anticipation :lilcal: Happy writing!
Thanks Destroyanator! Regarding your prediction, I cannot say how close or how far you are from the truth, or if you are right or wrong. I can say that everything thing Iris said in that conversation is crucial. Iris is going to be popping up a lot more soon - and she is going to become a fan favorite I think.
Sorry - no update right now! But I am working on it, and Thanksgiving break is coming soon, so be expecting the battle against Lorelei to be coming soooon! :)

Bullet
Sinnoh League Champion
Sinnoh League Champion

December 1st, 2011, 9:25 am #545

I started reading this a little while ago, and I'm still not that far in yet, but I can already tell that this story is excellent. I'll make a more comprehensive comment once I catch up with where you are now, but that'll take me a while.

Banner by glancesherlock!

Destiny
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym

December 2nd, 2011, 6:44 pm #546

So I started this a few days ago (on Tuesday I believe?) WORST CHOICE EVER! But fear not, it's not because this is bad. It's because it's good ;w; Too good. I'm already in Chapter 8 and I've procrastinated to the point that I have giant piles of homework waiting for me. Cursesssss D< Dangit. Anyways, this is amazing ;w; *continues to read and neglect college apps and homework*

TrainerBOB

December 4th, 2011, 12:50 am #547

Omg I am actually updating? (Faster updates to come soon since school is almost over for Christmas?)

Replies first though!
[+] Quotes
BulletForMyValentine wrote:I started reading this a little while ago, and I'm still not that far in yet, but I can already tell that this story is excellent. I'll make a more comprehensive comment once I catch up with where you are now, but that'll take me a while.
Yay - I'm glad your enjoying it! :D
[+] Slightly Unrelated and Out of Context
I'm sorry I haven't gotten a chance to follow your run since the first few chapters - I have a long list of runs to catch up on as soon as my break gets here, and I am really looking forward to getting to yours. I am very happy and glad to see the popularity you are getting though - it is well deserved.
Destiny wrote:So I started this a few days ago (on Tuesday I believe?) WORST CHOICE EVER! But fear not, it's not because this is bad. It's because it's good ;w; Too good. I'm already in Chapter 8 and I've procrastinated to the point that I have giant piles of homework waiting for me. Cursesssss D< Dangit. Anyways, this is amazing ;w; *continues to read and neglect college apps and homework*
Hahaha, I'm glad your enjoying it! (And if your only on Chapter 8 then you haven't seen anything yet, I assure you!) But don't let it interfer with your school my friend! Holiday Break is almost here (at least for me it is) catch up then! :)
Okay...UPDATE TIME!
WILLIAM OAK VS. LORELEI

Chapter Eighty-Three
[+] Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Three: vs. Lorelei

“Hello trainer,” the receptionist, who wore a long, evening black dress said. “Welcome to the Indigo Pleateau.”

The lobby has beautiful polished floors that look like they were made of gold. William would have never imagined a tunnel could be so beautiful. The ceilings were high and held by pillars, and the chandeliers that dangled down shone with a brilliance. He knew the place had been made many centuries ago, but it had been well-kept. For a second, he was taken back by the shear beauty of the place, but then he remembered his purpose there, and his gaze snapped back to the receptionist.

Her face was dull. Her eyes were empty. Her body did not move except for anything that was necessary, and when she did move the movements were cold, calculated and robotic. She did not look at William – instead she looked past him.

Desdemona hung in the air next to William, her eyes pulsing softly with psychic power. William was keeping her out with him – he did not want to take any risks. An ambush could happen at any moment – and then it would all end.

“I am here to challenge the Elite 4 and the Champion,” William snapped. To William’s surprise, a slight curve accord at the woman’s lips.

“Such harsh words from such a young man…”

“Mew?” William asked – wondering if Pokemon who seemed to be controlling the woman could hear him. “Mew – listen to me. You have to stop. Stop serving Jimmy – no matter what you have to do stop. I know this may be a lot to ask, but if you must sacrifice yourself then do it. Please – for the good of the world, I don’t think I can stop Jimmy with your kind of power on his side.”

The woman laughed.

“Fool, you have no idea what has happened,” she said, her voice lacking any tone or life. “I would have this body to spring across the table and strangle the life out of you…but you would be able to stop me. Besides, I am much more interested in seeing you battle…both the Elite 4 and your cousin. And then, once you are weak and tired…I will destroy you myself William Oak.”

“Why are you serving him?”

“Stop asking questions which there is no answer to,” she ordered. “Now, the customary procedure, as you know, is for you to present eight badges to me. But let’s not waste time, I know you posses them.”

She pointed behind her to a large set of doors, unguarded.

“You may proceed to those doors. Past them you will find Lorelei, and the rest of the Elite 4 in the following rooms. Each one of its members and their Pokemon are under my control. Beat them, and I’ll free them – temporarily. As soon as I kill you I will bend them once more to my mind. But until then, I will allow them to plague you with their fears, worries and sorrows. I will place those things on your shoulders. You will be their responsibility. Try to not let it wear you down too much.”

“Fine.” William said. “First though, free this woman.”

“No.”

“Desdemona!” William yelled. The Butterfree’s eyes glowed a bright purple and she locked them on the receptionist, doing everything she could with her mind to push the force that held the receptionist under control away.

The woman only smiled.

“One of William Oak’s most powerful Pokemon, and it cannot even challenge me slightly, even when my mind is stretched so thin controlling others. How do you expect to beat me?”

“Desdemona, stop, don’t waste your energies,” William ordered, and then: “How are you doing this? How is a Pokemon controlling the minds of both human and Pokemon?”

“As I’ve said William Oak – you have no idea what has been done. Now proceed onwards. You have become my plaything.”

William bit his lip, and motioned Desdemona to follow him as he walked forward. He hated leaving the woman behind him, but it seemed he had little to no choice. Even if Desdemona exhausted all her energy she may not be able to free the woman. And even if she did free the woman, William would be left without his only defense for himself.

William knew he was not leaving the woman to die though. Once he killed Jimmy and whatever things Jimmy had made – be it Mew or some other creature, the woman would be free…

“William!” The receptionist called. William turned around, curiosity biting at his mind.

He turned around just in time to watch the woman plunge a knife in her chest, directly over her heart.

“NO!” He screamed. The receptionist smiled at William, and he knew the monster was still in control.

“She had a husband and two children,” the receptionist said. “Your failure is her death and their loss.” The receptionist then pulled the knife out of her body, and she blinked several times.

And then she let loose a blood curling scream. She had been released from the control, only to be left to die. William trembled as he felt the urge to run forward, to help her. But he could do nothing. She rolled on the ground, leaving a trail of blood, as she clawed at her chest, trying to stop the pain.

William watched in horror – he stayed still until the woman’s eyes meant his.

And he saw eyes filled with such hate and pain.

William could not bear the gaze. He turn and ran.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The doors slammed behind William, and he leaned against the wall, panting heavily as tiny beads of sweet rolled down his skin. His eyes were closed, still trying to block the painful scene he had just witnessed. Terror gripped his heart – how was he to keep the same thing from happening to the rest of the Elite 4?

When William opened his eyes, he realized that he could see the breath he puffed out of his lungs. He recognized the tingling sensation on his skin as a reaction to the chilly air, and he felt the goose bumps rise. However, he wonder if the goose bumps were indeed from the cold, or merely from anticipation?

After all – it was about to begin.

William wondered when he stopped caring about challenging the Elite 4. It had been a long time ago – that he knew. Was it after he confronted Bill? Or was it after Sarge had speared his life? Was it when Percy died? Was it when Percy returned to William as a spirit, and told him of a Prophecy?

William wasn’t sure when he reached the point. But he knew it was long before he collected all the badges. At first he had been driven to solve the mystery of his father – and then he had been driven to solve the mystery of Jimmy Oak. Now he was driven to stop Jimmy Oak. Permanently.

Even now, as William stood on the icy floor of the first room of the Elite 4, he did not care about proving himself or claiming eternal glory. He did not care about Pokémon battling. He cared for his Pokémon and he cared for them to the extent that it had become painful to send them to battle, where he knew they might die. But he did it anyway. He did it because he knew it was necessary and because they were willing.

“Are you still having your mental breakdown over there?” A soft, dull female voice called out. “Or are you ready to start?” William raised his head, and meant the eyes of Lorelei of the Elite 4. Her wild red hair was unbound, and her thin glasses had slid down to her nose. She glared at him over her rims while a sadistic smile played across her lips. William walked forward to a platform that overlooked a battlefield. Lorelei stood at a platform facing opposite of him.

“Welcome William Oak to the Elite 4,” she said, unbundling a scarf that she had wrapped around her neck. She let it drape to the floor, where it landed silently. “Would you like a moment to admire the battle arena?” She asked, as she gestured to the magnificent are before her.

William gulped and examined what he would be fighting on. The floors were made entirely of ice – it would be difficult for any Pokemon not accustomed to them to battle. Tiny, mini glaciers struck up across the battlefield. They could be used for cover – William knew – but not from any powerful attack. Beneath the ice, William could see water.

“Its rather beautiful isn’t it?” Lorelei asked. “Lorelei has always been proud of it – up until this point, this was how she would always welcome trainers to her arena. But things are different now.” Lorelei’s smile grew wider. “This time, Lorelei isn’t in control.”

William recalled Desdemona back to her ball, and unclipped another from his belt.

“Are we going to talk all day or fight?” William asked, eager to beat Lorelei and hopefully free her. Lorelei smiled slightly.

“If you insist.” She unclipped a ball from her belt. “Welcome to the Elite 4. You will face four trainers, and if you can beat them all then you will face the Champion. Each member of the Elite 4 will battle you with 5 Pokemon. The Champion will use six. You are free to return our Pokemon at any given time. We are not. If we do so, we forfeit the round. Are you ready?” William felt a knot form in his throat, and he nodded.

This was it.

“Dewgong!”

“Eros!”

The battle had started.

The Dewgong sprang out of Lorelei’s ball, and the Pokemon dove headfirst into the icy floor. The icy broke apart as the Dewgong disappeared into the water below. Meanwhile, Eros landed on the slippery floor, and the Jolteon struggled to maintain his balance and gain a footing as his paws slipped and slide.

“Now – Aura Beam!” Lorelei commanded.

The ice on the floor shattered as the massive ice Pokemon broke free as it jumped into the air, mere feet from Jolteon. From the center of its mouth came a rainbow blast of ice that jolted through the air. The beam struck Eros on his side, and the Pokemon slid backwards, hissing in pain.

“Thunder!” William shouted. Eros was already striking back before the words left William’s mouth. The tips of the Pokémon’s body stood on edge as the electrical attack shot through the air, striking Dewgoong before the Pokemon could disappear back under water. The Pokemon spiraled backwards until it hit the ice – where it struggled to move.

“Return,” Lorelei ordered, calling back her Pokemon. “Now, its your turn…Jynx!”

The humanoid Pokémon jumped onto the field, and she shrieked a battle cry as she raised her fists into the air.

“Eros, return!” William cried as he called back his Jolteon. “Now, go, Tybalt!”

The Charizard roared as he appeared onto the field with a red flash. The ice beneath him cracked – threatening to give away. The Jynx narrowed her eyes at the rival Pokémon.

“Teleport and Ice Punch!” Lorelei commanded. Jynx vanished in thin air, and then she reappeared in mid-air next to the Charizard. Her fist glowed a light blue light, and she jabbed at Tybalt, aiming for his neck.

Tybalt was ready though – he needed no command from his trainer. He slashed with his claws, cutting open a large gash in Jynx’s chest. The Pokémon fell back to the ground, her fist still glowing. She landed on the icy floor, and when her first made contact with the ground it froze itself to the floor, effectively attaching Jynx to the ground.

“Flamethrower!”

Tybalt threw his head back and snapped it back down, streaming and unleashing a frightening blast of flames on the Jynx that was mere feet below.

When the torrent of Flames stopped, Jynx was left badly burned and unconscious. Lorelei recalled her Pokémon, and she clipped the ball back on the belt. The ice around where Jynx had been was thin and melting still from the heat in the air. Lorelei smiled slightly.

“Cruel and effective. Just like your mother.”

“How do you know my mother?” William snapped.

“Fool,” Lorelei, or rather whatever was controlling Lorelei said. “You have no idea.” She unclipped a ball from her belt and tossed it in the air.

“Go – Slowbro!”

“Tybalt, return! Eros, go!”

Tybalt roared as he was recalled back to his ball, and the Jolteon screeched as he was called back out of his. Across the field, the Slowbro landed heavily on the ground, and the Pokémon stumped his feet twice.

“Thunder!”

“Withdraw!”

The Slowbro vanished within the shell on his back, drawing himself within to protect himself. The Thunder attack the shell, and it did damage, but obvious not as much as it would have done otherwise.

“Now Psychic!”

Slowbro popped back out of his shell, and with glowing purple eyes, the Pokemon lifted a glacier off the ground with his mind and he shot it across the field at Eros.

Eros skitted out of the way, but his feet slid uncontrollably across the field and he bounced off against a wall. The Jolteon grunted in pain.

“Thunder!” William ordered.

“Psychic,” Lorelei said, with a slight smile.

The electrical energy shot forth from Jolteon, but a small energy field appeared around Slowbro, stopping the attack.

“Now, Psychic again!” Lorelei ordered. Another glacier lifted itself off the ground and blasted at Eros, he managed to skit out of the way just in time.

“Alright Eros,” William ordered, “get ready for one last attack!” Lorelei smiled.

“Fool. Protect yourself with Pyschic Slowbro!” Slowbro’s eyes glowed with psychic power as a small shield appeared around him, protecting him from any attacks. Well, any attacks except-

“Pin-Missile!” William ordered. Eros’s pointed sides glowed, and he shot the missiles at the Slowbro. The slid through the Psychic shield like a knife would through butter, and they struck the Slowbro directly. The Pokemon jerked backwards with each blow, fighting to stay standing, but eventually he was overwhelemed, and the Slowbro hit the floor with a thump!

Lorelei shrugged off the lose.

“Return Slowbro,” she said, her voice lacking emotion. She unclipped another ball from her belt, and she smiled as she spun it on her finger tip.

“Is it enough you have to control them?” William snapped. “Do you also have to let your emotions bleed through them?”

Lorelei only smiled wider.

“Cloyster – its your turn!”

“Stay in Eros!” William ordered. A large-shell Pokemon appeared in the air with a red flash, and then it plummeted into the ice, disappearing beneath the water.

William bit his lip, and he started to give an order-

And then the ice beneath Eros’s feet gave away and the Cloyster burst through the water, sending the Jolteon in the air.

“ICE-BEAM!” Lorelei ordered, laughing. From the Cloyster’s mouth, a powerful beam of pure ice shot forth, sending Eros into the ceiling, where he was stuck – glued to the wall by the ice. The ice had wrapped itself around Eros’s torso, and the Jolteon struggled to free himself – but he could not.

“Now – Spike Cannon!” Lorelei commanded. The edges of the Cloyster’s shell started to glow brightly, and then the Cloyster shot spikes up into the ceiling at Eros.

“Eros, fend them off with a thunder attack!” Eros grunted and his entire body emitted an electrical attack that surged across the room, sending the spikes array. The attack even hit the Cloyster – and the Pokémon was sent backwards onto its back, where it struggled to rise.

Eros stayed attached to the ceiling, his chest moving in and out. With a sudden crack the ice broke, and he fell to the ice, where he landed nimbly on his feet.

“Return Cloyster,” Lorelei said. She unclipped a ball from her belt. “Lorelei’s last Pokémon William…can you beat it?” William bit his lip, wondering what the ice master had in store for him still.

“Lapras – lets go!” Lorelei spun her hand around, sending the ball high into the air. There was a flash of red, and the powerful, mighty Lapras appeared in the air, suspended for a moment before falling back down to the ice. Cracks ran across the battlefield from where the Lapras fell, and as they spread the ice began to give away and slip into the water.

“Eros!” William cried out in a warning shot. Eros jumped as a piece of ice gave away beneath him, and he landed back on the ice. The ice however was now floating on water, and the piece of ice swerved and tipped back and forth in as Eros attempted to balance himself on it. The entire battlefield had given

“Ice Beam!” Lorelei ordered. The Lapras, who was now floating on water, tossed her head back much in the motion that Tybalt did before he unleashed a Flamethrower, and she shot a mighty ice beam across the field at Eros. Eros ducked his head, and the Ice Beam soared passed, missing the Jolteon by inches.

“Thunder!”

Eros tensed his muscles, and he sprang into the air. His eyes glowed with a fury and a passion, and the spikes along his body seemed to become erect. Then, letting lose a fierce snarl, he shot forth a powerful electrical attack.

Lapras gritted her teeth as the electrical attack surged through her, and then the water-Pokémon let lose a mighty roar. Eros landed back on the ice, and he snarled viciously at the Lapras.

“Hydro-Cannon!”

“Eros, Thunder!”

The two attacks surged forward and collided mid-field, the electricity ran through the current of water and struck the Lapras, who gave out a shriek cry. The blast of water sent Eros spiraling backwards into a wall behind William, where he slid down.

William snapped his head back to Eros, his eyes wide with concern. But the Jolteon slowly raised to his feet, though it wasn’t without a grimace. William turned his head back to look at the Lapras…

The Pokémon was floating in the water, her head dipped down.

“Lapras, return,” Lorelei said, calmly. She smiled slightly. There was a mechanical clicking in the room, and beneath William a bridge drew out, connecting the raised platforms William and Lorelei stood on.

“Congratulations, William Oak,” she said, in a mocking tone. “You have defeated the first trainer of the Elite 4.”

“Now let her go,” William said. “As we agreed. Free her.”

Lorelei let her head roll down to her shoulder.

“So be it. Good trainers are hard to come by – and I want only the best serving me when you are dead and I’m ruler of this world.”

Lorelei then let loose a blood curling scream, and she collapsed to the ground. William ran across the bridge, racing to get to Lorelei. He reached her, and shook her violently, saying her name repeatedly.

He held Lorelei in his hands, her head dangling across his arms. Her eyes flickered, and they slowly opened. She reached up, and softly touched his face.

“You…you’re William Oak…” she said his name softly.

“Lorelei, are you alright?” He asked her. “Are you in pain?”

“No, I…” she then gasped, and jolted up, sitting upright. “William! William, something’s horrible has happened!”

“Yes I-”

“It happened after…” she blinked, confused. She raised her hand to her forehead. “I…I remember now…the press conference…swearing loyalty to Jimmy…and we just fought…we just battled.”

“Do you remember what happened?” William urged. “Do you remember…how they took control of your mind?”

Lorelei squinted her eyes.

“No…No…I remember losing to Chris…and then he advanced to the next room…and then…then…I was attacked.”

“By what?”

“I didn’t see…or at least I don’t remember.” Lorelei said, her eyes were wide in panic and confusion.

“It must have altered with your memory,” William said.

“What is it?” Lorelei asked.

“I’m not sure,” William said. “I’m afraid Jimmy has found a way to resurrect Mew…or he has made something equally as powerful.” Lorelei’s eyes were wide. William stood up, and he helped Lorelei to her feet.

“Can you stop him?” she asked.

“I don’t think my Pokémon are strong enough,” William whispered. “But I am still going to try.”

William turned to leave – to head to the next room – but Lorelei grabbed his arm.

“I’m going with you.” She said. “Bruno was kidnapped by Jimmy several weeks ago, and now he has been bent to Jimmy’s mind control. I have to make sure he’s okay.”

William looked at Lorelei and nodded.

“Alright.”

And the two of them turned and walked towards the large, steel doors. Lorelei placed her hand on a keypad, and the doors swung open, leading to a large tunnel.

“Bruno is next,” Lorelei said. “Jimmy may have been controlling me, but he was still relying on my battle techniques. You need to be careful William; Bruno is no push over. He is excellent at countering type advantages and his Pokémon are stellar fighters.”

“I’ll try to keep that in mind.”

And together, they walked into the tunnel.

-----------------------------------------------------

“Tomorrow, will you interfere if necessary?” Iris asked, looking down at the stadium. Together, her and Richard had not moved from their spot atop the cliff.

“It won’t be,” Richard said. “Everything will play out as predicted.”

“But if necessary–”

“The Ancient Prophecy of Kanto mentions nothing of the Third, Iris,” Richard said. “What are you worried about?”

“Oh…its nothing.” She said, frowning.

“Iris?”

Iris was silent for another second, before she whispered softly:

“A lot of people are going to die tomorrow Richard.”

“Yes,” Richard said, clenching his fists and tightening his jaw. “I am aware.”

“And William is going to suffer a great deal…”

“I cannot interfere Iris. As much as it pains me, I must only stand by and watch. I cannot reveal myself yet – that could spell certain doom for all.”

“I don’t like standing by and doing nothing,” Iris snapped, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Neither do I,” Richard said, calmly. “But we have no choice. You know what the ruling prophecy says.”

Iris was silent, so Richard said the words instead.

“Before there is great peace, there must first be greater violence.”

Please leave me a comment and I will love you forever! Until soon...hopefully...
-TrainerBOB

mirability
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym

December 4th, 2011, 1:09 am #548

Wow, I wanted to see what a storyrun was like and this is amazing. It's like a novel and I'm hooked!
Soulsilver Run:

LeafiaDream

December 4th, 2011, 1:24 am #549

Ooh, wow! Intense!
Most people write the Elite Four battles to the simplicity that they were in the game, but you made it a lot more difficult and life-threatening. It's a nice change. :)
Lorelei has always been the hardest…I find her harder than Lance most of the time. I'm glad that she got just the right amount of time. Any shorter and I would have been disbelieving, any longer and I would have panicked more than I already did. I was getting really nervous about Eros near the end.

Off to Bruno, then! Hopefully Mew (or whomever) will be even more entertaining in the next chapter. And hopefully it doesn't kill anyone.
Hello...pleased to make your acquaintance.

I can come off as rude, but I promise, I don't mean to be.

If I comment on what you say, it means you're worth commenting on, so please, don't be too offended!

Psyche
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

December 4th, 2011, 2:00 am #550

Oh yes, I love seeing this back on the front page with an update <3

It would be at this point in any other run that I'd say I hope none of the main character's Pokemon don't die (of course I don't want any of William's to die!) but I think I'm more interested in what's going to happen to... well, everyone else. Only time and updates will tell.
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

TrainerBOB

December 4th, 2011, 5:40 pm #551

[+] Replies!
LeafiaDream wrote:Ooh, wow! Intense!
Most people write the Elite Four battles to the simplicity that they were in the game, but you made it a lot more difficult and life-threatening. It's a nice change. :)
Lorelei has always been the hardest…I find her harder than Lance most of the time. I'm glad that she got just the right amount of time. Any shorter and I would have been disbelieving, any longer and I would have panicked more than I already did. I was getting really nervous about Eros near the end.

Off to Bruno, then! Hopefully Mew (or whomever) will be even more entertaining in the next chapter. And hopefully it doesn't kill anyone.
Thank you Lefia!
In game, Lorlei actually wasn't too hard, I think I had the right team to combat her. However, from this part on, things get difficult.
Thanks for the comment on the length - thats one of my biggest concerns is how to draw this battle out. I'm going to try and keep things an appropriate and accurate length.
mirability wrote:Wow, I wanted to see what a storyrun was like and this is amazing. It's like a novel and I'm hooked!
Thank you so much! :) I hope I keep you hooked in future chapters!
Psyche wrote:Oh yes, I love seeing this back on the front page with an update <3

It would be at this point in any other run that I'd say I hope none of the main character's Pokemon don't die (of course I don't want any of William's to die!) but I think I'm more interested in what's going to happen to... well, everyone else. Only time and updates will tell.
Thanks Psych! <3 I think I have a few more interesting plot twists in store for everyone.
Also, addressing Psych's comment...here is something concerning deaths...
[+] Spoiler
[+] Sure?
Pokémon die. This isn't like before when I said "a Pokémon is going to die" and then "Trololol, a said a Pokémon, not William's Pokémon!" No, William loses Pokémon. I won't say how many; maybe 1, maybe 2, maybe 3, maybe 4, maybe 5, maybe he wipes, dies himself and Jimmy takes over all of Kanto. You'll see soon enough. Please note that the Elite 4 is under Jimmy's control. While Bruno, Agatha, and Chris normally wouldn't kill a Pokémon, they have no control of their actions (Lance is of course serving Jimmy under free will).

Of course, Pokémon aren't the only deaths coming up soon. Humans die too. Anyone is fair game.
Take your bets now ladies and gentlemen - I have a bumpy ride planned for all of you.
Lastly, the next chapter is going to have some Civil War of Johto history come up. So, concerning that, here is a quick refresher:
[+] Spoiler
- In this arch, the events in Johto occurred prior to the events in Kanto.
- The Civil War of Johto was led by Jasmine (the oldest daughter of Koga) against the Johto Elite 4 and the rest of the gym leaders.
- Bruno, Lorelei, and Surge were all key players in the Rebel Army.
- The current Bruno in this story run is not the same Bruno that was the Johto Elite 4. Bruno of the Johto Elite 4 is this Bruno's father. The son rebelled against his father.
- The rebels won the Civl War, and Lance along with the rest of the surviving Elite 4 members were banished from Johto. (Note: Not all of them survive, but beyond Lance and Koga I have not revealed who lived and who died).
- Lance came to Kanto and was able to make it into Kanto's Elite 4.
- Koga came to Kanto and became a Gym Leader.
- Koga had four children: a currently unidentified son, Jasmine, Janine and Erika (who were twins).
Not all of those details are going to be crucial next chapter, but some of them will be.

Stay tuned for an update happening soon! (Tomorrowish?) In the meantime feel free to make predictions!
If it helps, the current team is:
[+] Spoiler
Eros (Jolteon)
Desdemona (Butterfree)
Tybalt (Charizard)
Virgilia (Blastoise)
Brabantio (Venasaur)
Fleance (Nidoking)

Destiny

December 4th, 2011, 5:57 pm #552

[+] My Suspicions
I have a horrible feeling about Desdemona and Tybalt ;w; When you face Bruno... it could be a rough ride there if things are 1HKO'd.

ALSO DAT UNIDENTIFIED SON D< I've been pondering that for too long and I'm still drawing a blank.

TrainerBOB

December 5th, 2011, 3:23 pm #553

Yay for updates!

First replies:
[+] Replies
Destiny wrote:
[+] Mu Suspicions
I have a horrible feeling about Desdemona and Tybalt ;w; When you face Bruno... it could be a rough ride there if things are 1HKO'd.

ALSO DAT UNIDENTIFIED SON D< I've been pondering that for too long and I'm still drawing a blank.
The outcomes of Bruno are coming momentairly! And concerning that unidentified son...no comment :roll: .
Update time! Some action, some tears, and a mini-plot twist that you aren't going to see coming!

Again, please review quickly the Johto Civil War:
[+] Johto Civil War Main Points
- In this arch, the events in Johto occurred prior to the events in Kanto.
- The Civil War of Johto was led by Jasmine (the oldest daughter of Koga) against the Johto Elite 4 and the rest of the gym leaders.
- Bruno, Lorelei, and Surge were all key players in the Rebel Army.
- The current Bruno in this story run is not the same Bruno that was the Johto Elite 4. Bruno of the Johto Elite 4 is this Bruno's father. The son rebelled against his father.
- The rebels won the Civl War, and Lance along with the rest of the surviving Elite 4 members were banished from Johto. (Note: Not all of them survive, but beyond Lance and Koga I have not revealed who lived and who died).
- Lance came to Kanto and was able to make it into Kanto's Elite 4.
- Koga came to Kanto and became a Gym Leader.
- Koga had four children: a currently unidentified son, Jasmine, Janine and Erika (who were twins).

Chapter Eighty-Four
[+] Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Four: vs. Bruno

Lorelei remembered when she first meant Bruno. It was on the field of battle during the Civil War of Johto. Him and the rest of the Rebel army of New Bark Camp were about to be torn apart beneath the claws of Falkner’s bird army. Her and her brother, Surge, had stepped in and saved the day with reinforcements. At the time, she knew nothing about him.

But it wasn’t long before she noticed him. As he rose through the ranks of the rebel army, she felt a small quirk of curiosity towards him. But it wasn’t long into the war when it was revealed throughout the army, that he was Bruno the Second. He didn’t just share a name with one of the Elite 4 trainers and Lords of Kanto, he was in fact the son of Lord Bruno, one of the very people they were fighting against.

Others scorned and hated him for his birthright. They thought that should the war end, Bruno would take charge of the Johto, Democracy would never be one, and it would be a monarchy all over again. But Lorelei did not see it that way; she pitied him. It was because, deep down, her and her brother had a secret as well.

While she had hated her secret and had cried herself regularly to sleep at night because of it, Bruno handled his so well. He did not let who his father was effect him. Perhaps he took his lead from Jasmine in that sense. After all, she was fighting against her father as well, Lord Koga. And of all the Lords, Koga was hated only second most to King Lance. And Jasmine, who was the leader of the rebel army, never let that effect her. And as was Bruno immune to his origin.

It was then, Lorelei thought, that she began to fall in love with them. Then, when it was all too easy to hate him, it was so much easier to love him.

And now, as she saw him, she wanted to scream.

Lorelei stood but a few feet behind William, who was standing on an elevated platform above a rocky battlefield. He was standing stoically still, as if he was preparing himself for what to come. And, across the battlefield, on an elevated platform, stood Bruno.

Bruno was not dressed in the business suit he always wore. Instead, he was only wearing a pair of scratched and torn pants that loosely fit his body, along with a pair of sandals. It was the way his father dressed. This was ultimate mockery. But that wasn’t even the worst part. Across Bruno’s chest, was scar after scar after scar, still freshly made. Lorelei knew none of those scars had been their prior, but she had seen them before. She had seen them when they had battled Lord Bruno all those years ago.

Physically, Jimmy had transformed Bruno into his father.

Bruno look past Lorelei and smiled at her, a grin that was cruel and evil.

“What the hell are you doing here, you stupid bitch?” he asked her, his words cruel and cutting like dice.

Lorelei shook, but she had to remind herself that Bruno was not speaking. This was the thing that controlled him.

“Leave,” she whispered, and then screamed: “Let him go!”

Bruno laughed.

“I am here for a Pokémon challenge,” William said, coldly. Lorelei looked at him for a second, surprised at his nature. He was beginning to remind her more and more of his mother and less of his father-

Lorelei stopped at that moment. His father. Richard Oak. She could not see the face of Richard Oak. She remember stories of him, she remembered hearing his name. She knew the person existed. But she cannot remember ever seeing him. What about…

Charlie Oak. Gone from her memory. The name…she knew who the person was, but not the face, the body, the personality…nothing. Had she ever meant Charlie Oak? Was she sure? Yes! Of course she had…but the memories were gone. Taken away from her…but for what purpose?

Why had Jimmy done this to her?

“A Pokémon challenge?” Bruno said, in a mocking tone. “Very well…William Oak. I assume the rules had already been explained?”

“Of course.”

“Then let’s begin! Go – Onix!”

“Brabantio!”

And the battle had started.

Lorelei watched in anticipation, knowing this battle would determine the fate of her husband.

But at the same time, she couldn’t help but feel her mind tug back to an old memory…
Lorelei, younger and prettier, stood in a tent. On the bed rested her brother Surge, a deep wound running down his left arm. He winced as a Nurse pressed a tissue against it.

“Are you going to be okay?” Lorelei asked from afar. She was shivering. She could not stand to be near the blood. She had seen too much blood today.

“Yeah kid,” Surge said, attempting a grin. “I’ll be fine.” He winced more though when the Nurse applied alcohol to the wound.

“Can’t you get a Chansey or something-”

“Half the army has been immobilized by Lord Bruno’s attack! We are outside of Olivine City and it's pouring rain,” The Nurse snapped. “We are doing the best we can girl!” Lorelei winced at the harsh words and she took a step back.

Surge nodded at Lorelei, and she turned and left the tent, knowing she was being dismissed. She needed some fresh air anyway.

But the instant she took a single step outside she bumped into…him.

She pushed herself off his chest – literally she had ran into him. She was slightly annoyed that she wasn’t able to resist noticing how rock solid his body was. She looked at him angrily in the eyes, and she was further annoyed when she saw no shame in his.

“This is all your father’s fault!” She snapped. “Hundred’s are dead and just as many lay wounded! If Jasmine hadn’t been able to injury him-”

“I know.” Bruno said, not blinking. “I know whose fault this is. And I also know who my father is.”

Lorelei was shaking. The only thing she could see right then and there was her brother laying on the mat, being healed by Nurse Joy from the bleeding cut on her arm.

“You realize the entire camp hates you now…now that they know.”

“Do you hate me?” he asked, not pausing for a second.

Lorelei opened her mouth for an angry remark…but then it snapped shut again. She realized the words she was going to say weren’t true. Her angry expression slipped off her face, and instead she looked at him…with pity?

Bruno smiled. It was a shy smile – but it was a smile. Something she had seen him rarely do.

“I’m glad.”

…“Vine-whip!” Brabantio rolled on the ground, avoiding the slamming tale of the Onix narrowly, and then from his sides vines snapped out and wrapped themselves around the tale that had almost succedded in smashing the Venasaur. Brabantio then lifted the Onix a few feet into the air and slammed it back into the ground with a loud thud!

“Onix – Return!” Bruno snapped. He unclipped a ball from his belt, and – grinning, tossed it into the air.

“Onix – go!” Bruno said, sending out his second Onix.

“Alright Brabantio, stay in! Razor Leaf!” William commanded.

“Earthquake,” Bruno said, a wide grin breaking out on his face.

The ground shattered and Brabantio lost his balance. His Razor Leaf missed entirely, the leaves flying over Onix’s head. Sharp stones rose out of the ground and dug themelves into Brabantio’s side, causing the Pokémon to shriek out in pain as blood spilled over the ground. Onix then slammed his tale down onto Brabantio, sending the Pokémon flying to the left.

“Return!” William screamed, recalling back his Venasaur that was in mid-air. The Red Beam from the Pokeball hit Brabantio just before the Pokémon struck the wall, saving the Pokémon just in time. William’s hand shook as he clipped the ball back onto his belt.

Bruno laughed.

“That was a mighty close call, William Oak. Sure you just don’t want to give up now?”

“Virgilia – Go, Hydro-Pump!” William yelled, screaming the words with all his might. The Blastoise leapt forth from her ball, already attacking before she even hit the ground. The water attack struck the Onix and sent him to the ground, where he struggled to move.

“What a brutal…cruel tactic…” Bruno said, as he recalled the Onix. “And here I thought you took pity on those who you fought. After all, they currently have no free-will.”

William was shaking as Bruno laughed. Lorelei could see the pain in William’s eyes, and she knew it was hurting him to fight those who were powerless.

“Go – Hitmonchan!”

“Virgilia, return!” William said, recalling his Blastoise back. “Go – Desdemona!”

The Butterfree emerged from her ball, humming softly. She levitated in the air, and her eyes began to glow with power.

“A bug? Most trainers have grown out of their Viridian Forest catches by now William,” Bruno sneered.

“We’ll see whose laughing when you face Desdemona,” William said, determined.

“Psychic!”

“Fire-Punch!”

Hitmonchan jumped to the side, avoiding an invisible force that slammed into the ground. Rocks and dusts jumped up from the Psychic attack. And then, his fists alit with flames and he leapt in the air, heading towards Desdemona…

And Lorelei felt her mind flashback.

They were sitting beneath a tent; in each of their hands was a small cup of coffee. Lorelei’s head was bent down, her other hand pressed to her forehead. Bruno sat across from her, studying her with concern. Their clothes were ragged and torn. Scratches aligned with their faces. It had been a long day.

“Has their been any word from Jasmine?” Lorelei asked, her voice cracking. She attempted a sip of coffee, but winced at the strength.

“No,” Bruno said.

“We’re approaching Clair, Bruno…her dragon army is going to be difficult to beat. And after that? Can we really take on the Elite 4 with our army scraping along like it is?”

“What are you saying Lorelei?”

“We need reinforcements,” Lorelei said. “We need the Kanto Government to give us aid.”

“I know,” Bruno said, darkly. “But you know as I do, we must continue onwards. Stopping would do us no good; we are in dire need of supplies. We must stock up in Blackthorn.”

Lorelei was silent. She attempted another sip of her coffee.

“Bruno…before we get to Blackthorn…there is something I need to tell you…”

Desdemona’s eyes glowed and Hitmonchan was sit crashing backwards into the floor of the battlefield, his fist still alit with a firey glow. His had been stopped just in the nick of time.

Lorelei let loose a sharp breath loose, and she bit down on her lip. Four down – two to go. The battle was almost over. Was there hope?

“Return,” Bruno said, frustrated. Or rather, the thing that controlled him was frustrated. “I’m going to kill that damn bug of yours, William Oak!”

“Bring it,” William hissed.

“Hitmonlee – go!”

“PSYCHIC!” William screamed.

The Hitmonlee hadn’t even hit the ground yet – he was still in mid-air from emerging from his Pokeball, when the attack hit him and sent him crashing back into the wall from behind Bruno.

“Alright William Oak,” Bruno said, his eyes glittering. “If that’s the game you want to play…” He recalled his Hitmonlee, and selected the last Pokeball off his belt. “Go – Machamp!”

“Psychic!”

But this time Bruno’s Pokémon was ready. He landed on the ground, and the mutli-armed Pokemon rolled to the side, avoiding the Pyschic attack that blasted at the ground he was at a mere moment ago. As he rolled, he scooped rocks up from the ground and threw them at Desdemona.

The Butterfree weaved to the side in the air, the rocks soaring past her by mere inches. Her entire body became outlined in a purple, Psychic glow, and she soared through the air, heading towards Machamp at a speed beyond that her wings could carry her.

And Lorelei’s mind returned to the past…

”Before we get to Blackthorne…you should know…my father…” Lorelei voice was shaking. She cleared her throat, and then continued on. “Lance is my father. King Lance is my father. And Claire is my Aunt.”

Bruno’s eyes widened slightly – whatever he had been expecting it was not that.

“Do you hate me?” Lorelei asked, feeling her eyes wet with tears.

“Of course not.” Bruno said, reaching across the tent and grabbing her. He brought her into his chest, holding her tightly as he hugged her.

“Do not cry,” he said. “We are who we are – not who those before us were.”

Desdemona collided in with Machamp, which was certainly something the fighting-Pokémon had not been expecting. He screeched as the Psychic outline around Desdemona burned him, and he stumbled backwards. He attempted to make a grab at the Butterfree, but she was already gone – retreated backwards, away from the Machamp. Her eyes glowed with a dangerous power, and the next thing Lorelei knew the Machamp was no longer standing on the ground before the Butterfree but instead he was imbedded in the wall behind him.

Bruno laughed as he recalled his Machamp. A mechanical bridge slid out beneath William’s platform and connected itself to Bruno’s. The battle was over.

“Well, well William,” Bruno said. “It seems you have won…”

“Yes,” William snapped. “Now free him.”

“Not so fast,” Bruno said, looking past William to Lorelei. Lorelei flinched at the gaze that wore the face of her husband, but she knew at the same time was not his.

“He hates you,” Bruno said. “I’m in his mind, and I know this. He hates you so much. He wishes he could be free of you. You are so weak and powerless compared to him. How could you have possibly ended up with him – he wonders. Him, who is strong, and you, who cries at every turn. He thinks you’re pathetic. But, as strong and brave as he is, he’ll never be brave enough to leave you.”

And then Bruno let out an anguish cry, and he crashed to the ground.

Lorelei could not move. Her feet felt glued to the floor. She felt every urge to run to him. But she couldn’t. She felt tears form at the corner of her eyes.

William ran across the platform.

“Bruno!” William cried out. “Bruno are you alright?”

It was only when William reached Bruno that Lorelei slowly started making her way to her husband. She moved slowly, her arms glued together to get sides. Her eyes were wide with horror and fear.

She hated herself.

Bruno’s eyes opened slowly, and he blinked several times. He grimaced like he was waking up from a hangover.

“William Oak…I presume?” He grumbled.

William nodded, and offered the man a hand to stand up, but Bruno waved him away.

“I don’t want to hurt you kid,” Bruno said, standing up on his own. He coughed once, and muttered: “I don’t…I don’t remember much. Where is Lorelei William? Is she here-” But then Bruno looked past William, and saw Lorelei paused at the center of the bridge. Her face was one mixed with fear, horror, and sorrow.

There was a moment when neither of them moved. The air was tense, and William wondered if he should say something. But he did not, and he let the silence drag on.

And then Bruno gave William a slight shove aside and he ran to Lorelei. He picked her up and his arms and he kissed her, almost violently, holding her close to him. She returned the love, crying all the same. In the short gaps of time when their lips parted they breathed harshly, out of breath.

“Oh thank Arceus,” Bruno said. “I thought…I thought…I thought I was never going to see you again.”

It was then, that Lorelei realized Bruno was crying. William shuffled his feet awkwardly, and pointedly looked away.

“I love you,” Bruno said.

“I love you too,” Lorelei responded, laughing. She laughed because she loved her husband, and he loved her. She laughed because she was free and so was he – for now at least. She laughed because there was hope.

For now, at least, there was hope.
Please leave me a comment and I will love you forever!
Agatha to be happening someday.

Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

December 5th, 2011, 4:02 pm #554

Neat work with the flashbacks there. They flow very well with the story and the action.

Just a comment: It seems you keep saying "meant" where "met" is the right word - the first is the past tense of "to mean", and the second of "to meet". It pops up here and there. Their eyes met, they didn't meant. That's a minor point, though. Just thought I'd quickly point it out.
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW
Aozora - Today at 6:22 PM
PILLOW

Comatose

December 6th, 2011, 1:39 am #555

Awesome job, dude! I'm loving this run. Really hope Des and Fleance make it through, at least.
A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. Then you can focus on it and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient and you hold still, well maybe, just maybe, it'll come to you. And I mean hell...if you have to live the rest of your life in a memory...you might as well make it a good one.- Leonard Church, Red Vs Blue

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

December 6th, 2011, 7:01 am #556

These recent chapters really are amazing. Looking forwards to the next one with anticipation.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

TrainerBOB

December 6th, 2011, 11:13 pm #557

[+] Replies
Pillowcase wrote:Neat work with the flashbacks there. They flow very well with the story and the action.

Just a comment: It seems you keep saying "meant" where "met" is the right word - the first is the past tense of "to mean", and the second of "to meet". It pops up here and there. Their eyes met, they didn't meant. That's a minor point, though. Just thought I'd quickly point it out.
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed that!
And thanks for pointing that out to me - I'll try to keep it in mind for future updates.
Comatose wrote:Awesome job, dude! I'm loving this run. Really hope Des and Fleance make it through, at least.
Thanks Comatose! :)
LordQ wrote:These recent chapters really are amazing. Looking forwards to the next one with anticipation.
Thanks LordQ!
Update time!
Its amazing what happens when you only have two finals and no classes to worry about.

P.S. Ready for some Pokémon to die?

Chapter Eighty-Five
[+] Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Five: vs. Agatha

The third room of the Elite 4 was shaped differently then prior rooms. There was no elevated platform for the trainers to stand on – rather they stood on equal level of their Pokémon. The air was misty, and a chandelier hung from the ceiling above. The ceiling itself could not be seen – it was too dark. Only the dangling of the diamonds which hung from the chandelier were visible.

Agatha was kneeling on the ground in her specified trainer spot when William, Lorelei, and Bruno entered the room. Both hands were gripped tightly around her cane, and her head was bent down. White strands of hair covered her face from view.

William walked forward to his spot, and issued a challenge.

“I am here to challenge the Elite 4!” He said, his voice ringing out.

Agatha slowly raised her head to look at William and…

William gasped.

Her face was convulsed in pain – her mouth was open and she was breathing heavily. But it was her eyes – her eyes that showed signs of life and independence. Somehow, she was fighting off the thing that controlled her.

“William…William…” Agatha said in between heavy breaths. “It’s a monster. Jimmy has made a monster.”

And then Agatha jolted to her feet at a speed that shouldn’t have been possible for her age. She let loose a wicked scream, and her entire body shook as if she was suffering from a seizure. And then, just as quickly as it had started, the chaos ended.

“How?” Agatha demanded. “How is she fighting me off? How is such a thing possible? Agatha is no psychic-”

And then Agatha let loose a scream, and she collapsed to her knees.

“Be away with you devil!” She cried. “Leave my mind to my own!”

Agatha let loose a horrid cry and she stood up again. William watched the exchange with his mouth gaping open – wondering what he should do and if he should risk doing anything.

“I…I don’t understand,” Agatha, or rather the thing that controlled Agatha said. “I have such power. No one should be able to resist me. I have the power of a Mew-”

“NO!” Agatha suddenly screamed back at herself, her head snapping to look to the right. But this time it was in a voice that was not her own. Her eyes began to glow a soft pink, and she stood with more power and energy then ever before. “You do not have the power of Mew, Rodolfo! Such a thing will never be yours! We made sure of that many centuries ago! Your power may be great, it may be equivalent to that of what a Mew can wield, but it is not that of a Mew!”

Agatha twisted and her head snapped to looking to the left.

“Why do you call me a name that is not mine – other being? And what business do you have in Agatha’s mind?”

Agatha’s head snapped back to the right, and William realized the two things that were fighting for control.

“What business do I have here!?? What business do you have here? I was here first. I suppose I should thank you though – it is your presence and power that awoken me. But you are an abomination, made from death and horror! Get out! Get out! GET out NOW!”

And then Agatha collapsed backwards.

William took a step forward, hesitated, and then he race forward to his collapsed grandmother. When he reached her, she was laying on her back, her eyes blinking heavily.

“Are you alright?” William asked, as he offered a hand to his grandmother. She took it, and used William to help her stand up. She leaned against him, lacking the energy to stand on her own.

“Yes…I think I am. The thing is gone. It no longer has power over me. The…the other thing…whatever that was…drove it out.”

Lorelei and Bruno slowly made their way over to the other side of the field.

“I guess you got lucky William,” Bruno said with a half-grin. “It looks like you got out of fighting Agatha. Good thing too, she’s a tricky old hag.” Agatha laughed and patted Bruno kindly on the chest.

And then suddenly the chandelier from the ceiling came crashing down onto the middle of the battlefield. The sound rang out throughout the room, and everyone jumped back, scared and shocked.

Resting on the crashed chandelier were Agatha’s five Pokémon. An Arbok slithered off the chandelier, hissing and spitting. Two Gengars jumped off one of the legs of the chandelier, each one of them grinning mincingly. A Haunter, his claws still gripping the broken chain of the chandelier, tossed the chain aside and started floating forward. And finally, a Golbat swooped down from the ceiling, shrieking violently.

“Withdraw,” Agatha commanded. “Withdraw, we are not battling this trainer.” But her five Pokémon continued to approach the four trainers. Lorelei leaned into Bruno’s chest, looking around fearfully.

“Fool,” the first Gengar said, causing all of them to jump. “You may have broken free of my control, Agatha, but your Pokémon have not.”

“Do you really think I’m just going to give up so easily?” The Arbok added, hissing.

“You’re Pokémon are going to battle Agatha,” the Haunter said. “Under my commands. And they are going to fight to the death.”

“It will be a difficult decision for you to make, won’t it William Oak?” The second Gengar said. “Forfeit all of Kanto and your life or kill your grandmother’s Pokémon?” William looked at the approaching Pokémon, frightened.

The Golbat shrieked in what could only be described as a wicked laugh.

“No!” Agatha screamed. “No! Stop this!”

But her cries were pointless. The five Pokémon suddenly jumped forward – attacking.

Before William could even issue a command, the six balls around his belt flashed and his Pokémon stood in front of him, offering a shield. Desdemona’s eyes flashed a bright purple, and the opposing Pokémon were sent flying backwards by a powerful Psychic attack.

But they we would not be defeated so easily. They quickly recovered, and were on the attack again.

Desdemona soared forward, leading William’s Pokémon into battle. Her eyes glowed a powerful purple, and her entire body was outlined with the psychic power. Tybalt was in the air just slightly behind Desdemona and to her right; his jaws snapped shut, ready to unleash a torrent of flames on at second’s notice. To Desdemona’s left was Fleance, the floor thundered as he ran forward, the Nidoking’s eyes wide and bright as he prepared for battle. And Eros, Virgilia and Brabantio brought up the rear, Brabantio going slow due to the wound in his underbelly from the previous battle.

The two Gengars led the Agatha’s Pokémon each one of them spinning as the sprinted forward, twirling around and casting numerous and dubious shadows. The Haunter flew directly behind; his eyes were already glowing with hypotonic attacks. Arbok slithered along the floor next to Haunter, and the Golbat flew above.

The two teams collided.

And the battle began.

The two Gengars shot teamed up against Desdemona, one attacking with Confuse Rays and the other with Hypnosis, trying to immobilize the Butterfree. But Desdemona danced through the air, aided with her mind and psychic power, avoiding the attacks by few inches. From her eyes Desdemona attacked with powerful Psybeam attacks, fending off the Gengars.

Behind them, Brabantio had collapsed to the ground, unable to continue walking.

Tybalt unleashed a torrent of flames from his jaw, aiming for the Arbok. But the snake-like Pokémon slithered out of the way, and launched herself through the air, her jaw wide open and her teeth glistening. She latched herself onto Tybalt’s shoulder, who roared in pain. He slashed out with his claws, but the Arbok had unlatched herself and avoided being struck in the nick of time.

Fleance battled the Haunter, attempting to land a blow on the elusive Ghost-Pokémon. The Haunter continuously disappeared and then reappeared, avoiding Fleance’s punches and attacks. Eventually the Haunter disappeared directly behind Fleance, sent the Nidoking tumbling backwards with a Lick attack that sent shivers down Fleance’s spine.

The Golbat flew overhead, letting lose Confuse Rays and Gust attacks, throwing William’s Pokémon off guard. Eros and Virgilia tried to stop the Golbat with Thunder and Ice Beam attacks, but neither were successful in landing a blow.

William watched the battle from a far, and he realized it was not going well. His grip tightened on his grandmother’s arm, who he was still helping stand.

“William…” Agatha said. There were tears in her eyes. “You have to order your Pokémon to fight to kill. That’s the only way to win this battle.”

“I can’t do that Agatha…”

“Do it,” Agatha said. “Do it or you may lose – and then all of Kanto will lose! We have no choice.”

William stayed silent.

And then Agatha spoke up.

“William’s Pokémon! For the good of your trainer, go against his wishes! Fight not to faint, but to kill!”

“NO!” William cried. “We can knock them out – there has to be a way!”

Everything seemed to slow down in that moment. Fleance turned his head slowly to look at William, the Nidoking. Desdemona did the same. As did Tybalt. As did Virgilia. As did Eros.

And there, under the gazes of his Pokémon, William realized he had no choice. He gave his head a stiff nod.

And then time returned to normal speed.

Fleance snapped around and landed a powerful blow to Haunter, punching the Pokémon into the ground, turning the ghost Pokémon into nothing but smoke. Desdemona’s entire body emitted a bright glow, and she flew into the Gengar, barrowing straight through the Pokémon’s chest, effectively destroying him. She flew up into the air, avoiding the attacks by the other Gengar, and then she shot forth her most powerful Psybeam yet, grinding the second Gengar into the ground. Tybalt slashed his claws, slicing the Arbok in half. And Eros and Virgilia struck blows at the exact same time on the Golbat, causing the Pokémon to freeze and then instantly shatter into pieces.

The once loud room grew silence – the battle was done. William recalled his Pokémon, one by one. He found himself unable to speak.

“They had names,” Agatha said, her voice was cracking. “I’ve had them for so long…my Pokémon. My Gengars…I’ve had them since I was a girl.” Lorelei leaned in closer against Bruno, who hugged her tighter. William didn’t say anything to comfort his grandmother. He knew no words that could rid her pain.

“We have to go,” William whispered. “Lance is next.”

“I’m going with you,” Agatha croaked.

“But-”

“I may be Pokémonless,” Agatha snapped. “I may be weak, I may be old. I think I may even be dying. But I don’t care. I am going to see Lance defeated. I am going to see Jimmy die. I am going to see this madness end – once and for all!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
How? How is it possible? How did she fend me off?

She is powerless. William’s Desdemona couldn’t fend me off, but an old woman who completely lacked Psychic Power was able to free herself of me. How?

No, it wasn’t her.

It was something else that drove me away.

But who? And how? And why had the thing called me Rodolfo?

It doesn’t matter. I am a God. I cannot and will not be destroyed.

I am going to rule the world forever. But not until I torture William Oak as much as possible.
[+] A few thoughts...
Sorries, I couldn't help but troll a little bit more. But no, really, William is going to start losing Pokémon soon.
Anyway, make death/plot predictions. Leave a comment and I will love you forever. If you are a guest following this run, make an account and leave a comment too, and I will also love you forever. Lots of love.

Comatose

December 6th, 2011, 11:51 pm #558

The way this one played out makes it look like Brabantio isn't going to make it. Knowing you, however, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Anyways, I loved this chapter, and can't wait to see the fight with Lance.

Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

December 7th, 2011, 12:07 am #559

You know, there's an old tale by Aesop, about shouting "Wolf! Wolf!"... :v:
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW
Aozora - Today at 6:22 PM
PILLOW

TrainerBOB

December 8th, 2011, 4:57 am #560

[+] Replies!
Comatose wrote:The way this one played out makes it look like Brabantio isn't going to make it. Knowing you, however, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Anyways, I loved this chapter, and can't wait to see the fight with Lance.
Thanks Comatose! And you'll see what happens to Brabantio...
Pillowcase wrote:You know, there's an old tale by Aesop, about shouting "Wolf! Wolf!"... :v:
Me? Cry wolf? ::P:
I probably won't have an update till Tuesday or so due to finals and a paper to write - so wait till then! Until then, leave me a comment or a prediction and you'll be my bestest friend ever! :keke: