Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
Destroyanator
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

October 10th, 2011, 2:04 am #521

Let's put aside all of the action, and plot information for a moment, and ask the REALLY important question from that chapter. DID JIMMY'S DUGTRIO HAVE FEET?

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

October 10th, 2011, 11:48 am #522

First things first. Table of Contentes updated, with dates of chapters release. Check them out in the first post.
[+] Replies!
Psyche wrote:Updates! :D

I expected Jimmy to get away... there wouldn't be as much to look forward to from now to the E4 if William killed him in this chapter. Great battle- did you really use every Pokemon in-game though? I wouldn't have dared use Charizard in your position.
Thanks Psyche! And yes, there is a much more massive William vs. Jimmy showdown coming. I answer the battle question in one second...
LeafiaDream wrote:Ah, I'm glad to see this is up. ^^
What an intense battle! I thought for sure someone was going to die…I'm glad they all survived, though. :)
I do have to wonder the same as Psyche, though. Did you really use all of your Pokemon, or just make it more interesting in the story? Either way, the technique was great.
[+] Spoiler
But he still has to get to the Elite Four in time to save Sabrina. How can he do that with Fleance's arm cracked like that, unless it's automatically fixed at the Pokemon Center with the usual check-up? If that's the case, William might not be able to use Fleance. It might have hindered your story a bit, instead of making it more exciting and desperate.
Dunno, just a thought.
Good luck in college, and your next chapter! ^^
Thanks Leafia! Luckily everyone survived that battle. Fleance is going to be okay; William is going to spend a day or two at the center.
And regarding the battle:
[+] Spoiler
While I lost my notes for that battle, I do remember the details quite well.
I think that's actually pretty similar to how it played out; there a combination of very bad choices on my part and very bad luck on my part as well. I did immediantly swtich Tybalt out when Giovanni brought Nidoqueen in, I did not dare use him against that. But everything else is similar. A miss on Virgilia and a Crit from Dugtrio made me switch out to Venasaur, (which was a bad choice). Then Desdemona took care of her stuff. Then Eros was bad. (Just awful, I hoped Double-Kick would take care of Persian, but it didn't.) Then Tybalt took care of Persian, Fleance took care of Nidoqueen, Fleance was damaged bad by Nidoking, and Desedmona finished it off (after almost dying to a Thunder). It definitely put things in perspective for me; regarding what was ahead.
LordQ wrote:An excellent update. I'll be looking forwards to the E4.
THanks Q! that's coming soon.
Destroyanator wrote:Let's put aside all of the action, and plot information for a moment, and ask the REALLY important question from that chapter. DID JIMMY'S DUGTRIO HAVE FEET?
Trololololol. That is the greatest plot twist of all my friend. :laughing:

Chapter Eighty-One
[+] Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-One: Val

“Congratulations Chris,” Lance said, making a swopping bow. “You have defeated me, the fourth member of the Elite Four. And now, due to the absence of our Champion, you win by default. You, Chris, are the new Champion.”

Chris, located in the fourth battle room of the Indigo Plateau, blinked, shocked. That couldn’t be right.

“That’s wrong. Can’t I wait till he gets back?”

“No,” Lance said, smiling wickedly. “You’ve won. You have the title.”

Yet to Chris, it felt like an empty title. He had not had to battle to win the eighth badge, he had only found a shady man outside the gym who told him the gym leader had defaulted, and Chris was given the badge automatically. And then, the second member of the Elite Four, Bruno, was absent as well. Chris had not had to beat the Fighting-Type Master. Chris felt like he had not earned the spot of Champion.

Chris had defeated a depressed Lorelei, who had said nothing but a welcome and a congratulations. Chris had defeated Agatha, who was in obvious pain. When he past her after beating her, she had gripped his shoulder, and told him to be careful. And then she fell into a coughing fit.

And then Chris had defeated Lance, and Chris felt like the Dragon Master had been easy on him.

“Something is wrong,” Chris said.

Lance raised his head up to look at Chris, surprised.

“Oh?”

“This is a trap. Someone wants me here. Someone wants me to be Champion.”

Lance’s smile widened.

“Oh?”

And then, on pure gut instinct, Chris spun around to look behind him.

But it was too late.

---------------------------------

The first thing Val saw when she opened her eyes was William Oak.

He was standing at the edge of her bed, his face made entirely of stone. His eyes were cold, detached, and his mouth was set in a straight line.

It was a dangerous look. Val wish she could go back to sleep, but she realized now that he already knew she was awake. Val shifted in her bed, but felt a sharp pain in her stomach.

“Ow,” she hissed, biting down on her lip.

“You shouldn’t try to move,” William said coldly. “You have close to a hundred stitches I believe.”

Val dared to let her eyes leave William, and she examined her place and setting. She was in a hospital room, where the walls were painted red and white. She was lying in a bed, covered in blankets and sheets. Machines were hooked up to her.

Val turned her eyes back to William. His face had not changed. It was cold and filled with hatred.

“Did you know he was going to kill her?” William asked her, his voice had a dangerous edge to it.

“Who?” Val asked, a slight tremor in her voice. This was not the reunion she had hoped for.

“My mother,” William said, pronouncing each syllable sharply. “Did you know Jimmy was going to kill my mother?”

Val’s mouth gaped open, and she breathed in sharply. This explained his angry demeanor.

“I’m so sorry William-”

“I don’t want your pity,” William snapped. “I want an answer.”

“No,” Val said, her eyes filled with tears. “I mean, I knew he wanted to. But I didn’t know he had found her.” William cocked his head back, as if considering her answer. Finally, he turned away, as if he could no longer bear to look at her.

“I believe you Val,” he said. “But I still hate you.”

“Yet you still love me,” she whispered softly. The word ‘hate’ had not touched her. William turned back to look at Val. His stone cold face of anger was gone; in its place was a weary, tired, and a very sad expression.

“You saved my life. The fact that I was bleeding to death affected you in battle. You picked me up out of the rubble and you told me everything was going to be all right. And you called me Val. You may hate me, but you still love me.”

“Yes.” William said, his voice cracking. “I both hate and love you. I do not know why. I have never felt two emotions stronger.”

“I can understand why you hate me William,” she said. “But I don’t know why you love me.”

“I don’t think it is something I can control,” the words were spoken emotionlessly. “Believe me Val. I want only to hate you.”

Val was silent. She did not know what she should say to that. William turned away again. The atmosphere in the room was awkward.

“Are your Pokemon okay?” She finally asked him, her voice trembling.

“Yes, no thanks to you,” William snapped. “It’s taken a day or so of intensive care, but they are all right now, and ready to kill should Jimmy show up again.”

There was another moment of silence.

“Will you tell me what he’s been planning?” William asked, a tiny bit of desperation in his voice. “What is he going to do?”

Val closed her eyes, and she nodded once.

“He recruited me after I had tried to kill myself. He got lucky. He is very good. He is very smart. He is very capable. But with me, Jimmy just got lucky. Or perhaps we got unlucky. I’m not sure what the difference is.

“I still remember what it was like when he recruited me. He told me he was going to change the world for the better. He told me he would make Kanto a beautiful utopia, and the greatness would expand to the entire world. He said there would be sacrifices along the way. He said some of the acts I would commit could be consider criminal. But I didn’t care. He made me feel special.

“I remember marching back into my father’s house in the middle of the day, and telling Jamie we were leaving. Jamie wanted to leave, he was as unhappy in our home as I was. Now that I look at everything we’ve been through…there was no reason for us to be unhappy.

“I thought at first we were just ordinary recruits for Jimmy’s army. But he singled us. He made us special. He made sure we advanced through the ranks. He made sure we made position of Executives. We were the youngest; the youngest executives.

“Of course, by then, I realized what Team Rocket was truly about. But it was too late for me to leave. I had newfound confidence. Jamie was happy. I didn’t want to go. He didn’t want to go. So we stayed.

“Jimmy used me for several missions. I was positioned at the PokeCenter in Pewter to spy on Brock. Jamie and I were positioned at the S.S. Anne to sink the ship. But there was only one real thing Jimmy wanted me for. Jimmy wanted me for my father’s mew fossil.”

“What?” William asked, his head snapping to Val. “Your father had a Mew Fossil?”

“Yes,” Val said. “I don’t know why he wanted it…but that was the sole reason he made Team Rocket. To get my father’s Mew Fossil.”

“Val,” William said, his face ghostly pale. “Did he succeed?”

“Yes.”

William groaned, and he let his head hang down.

“What is it?” Val asked, fearful.

“He is going to recreate a Mew with that fossil.”

“But, but, but that isn’t possible!” Val exclaimed. “My father called Blaine, I know that, a long time ago, before I was born. He posed the question, in a hypothetical sense, if it would be possible to resurrect a Mew fossil.”

“And that’s how Jimmy found out Mr. Silph had one,” William mused. “He took a lucky guess that it was more than a hypothetical question. He was right when he asked you about it, wasn’t he?”

Val blinked, surprised.

“I…I always wondered how he knew. Once I told him my name…his eyes lit up. A few days after I joined him, he asked me the question casually. I always wondered how he knew. Oh Arceus…” Val’s eyes were brimming over with tears. “Why did I fall for it? All of it? Oh Arceus, why?”

“Because he was Jimmy,” William said, his voice cold. “He was charming.”

“But…but it doesn’t matter! It isn’t possible to resurrect the fossil. Unless…”

“Unless what?”

Val was thinking back, her eyes still misty, yet bemused.

“Do you remember the Molecular Machine that Bill was commissioned to build?”

“Yes,” William said. “The one he was working on just before his death?”

“Yes,” Val said grimly. “Jimmy took it from Bill when he killed him. It was completed. Do you think Jimmy could use it to channel enough energy to bring the Mew Fossil back to life somehow?”

William paused, hesitating.

“I never liked science, but I don’t think that is how it works. Besides, it would be an awful big coincidence if Bill was making the exact machine that Jimmy needed.”

“It would be no coincidence,” Val said, her voice quickening in panic. “Jimmy was the one who anonymously provided the funds for Bill to build the machine.”

William was silent for several long painful seconds.

“Val,” he said slowly. “Its been 2 days since I brought you to the hospital. In the time that has elapsed, Jimmy could have resurrected Mew. I might be too late.”

Val’s eyes began to tear up.

“No…and Sabrina?”

“They execute her tomorrow,” William said, his voice angry. “Arceus damnit! Why? Why did you come back?”

“I thought he was torturing you,” Val said, crying fully now. “I thought he was killing you!”

“Well he wasn’t!” William yelled, his face red with anger. “He wasn’t Arceus damnit! I was perfectly fine! I hate you! Arecus damnit, I hate you!”

“I’m so sorry,” Val said, sobbing.

“And what were you going to do if I was dying?” William asked her, still screaming. “What the hell were you going to do if Jimmy was slowly killing me? Stop him? How, Arceus damnit, how were you going to do that?”

“I don’t know…”

“If I was getting killed and you came rushing in, he would have killed you too! And you know what? He would have kept me alive just long enough so I could watch you die. Arceus damnit Val!”

“W-ill-iam…”

“And you know what? I don’t think I could have stood that Val,” William’s eyes were red, and he was now crying too. “I’ve watched everyone I loved die, I don’t think I could have stood watching one more person Val. Arceus damnit!”

He stopped yelling. He stopped screaming. But neither one of them stopped crying.

It wasn’t until Val gasped and pointed to the small television set hanging in the corner of the room did the silence crying between the two of them stop.

William turned to look at the screen, and his eyes widened. He grabbed the remote, and quickly raised the volume.

It was a press conference. On the screen was a podium and standing behind the podium was the Elite 4. Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, and Lance. All four of them were there. But there was something off about the first three members. Lorelei, Bruno and Agatha were all expressionless. Their eyes were empty and void, they were not sad, happy, or scared. They just stood there – emotionless.

Lance, on the other hand, could hardly contain his glee. A large, satanic grin stretched across his face. He approached the podium, and said proudly into the microphone:

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, citizens of the world…today marks a very special day for Kanto. Just this morning, a Pokemon trainer of enormous skill and talent challenged the Elite 4. He won, and is now the new champion. He is here today to make a speech, and break the long standing tradition of the Kanto Champion being a secret.”

William watched the screen, his eyes wide. He had seen that vacant, empty look before. It was the face of Sabrina, when she was under the mind control of Alakazam. Now, he saw it again, on the faces of three extremely powerful trainers. This was not good.

“It gives me great pleasure and honor to present to you Chris Oak, of Pallet Town!” Lance said, making a wide movement with his arm. Cameras flashed and people shouted questions as Chris Oak walked slowly from behind the stage. He approached the podium, and turned to face the camera.

“No…” William whispered. It was the same expression that Lorelei, Bruno and Agatha all had. The same vacant face, empty eyes, closed mouth. It was the same.

“Hello, all of Kanto,” Chris said in a dull voice. Lance grinned with glee as he took a step back and joined the other Elite 4 members. “I am here today to talk to you about the future of this great region.”

“In the past years, the region of Kanto has fallen down the scales on an international level. The government has become corrupted. The status of the league has lost respect. And there has been an unprecedented amount of unsolved murders and crimes.”

“Well, I am here to tell you that ends now. The Elite 4 of Kanto no longer allies itself with the Government of Kanto. We have sided with a single man. A single great man. A man that will lead us to a golden age. You have heard his name before.”

“His name is Jimmy Oak.”

There was a collective gasp in the press that watched, but Chris raised his hands up.

“You have all heard the horrible stories and tales, I know. But Jimmy Oak is a good man. He is also a very powerful man, and he will do great things for the people of Kanto. Besides, he has my own very personal endorsement, and even your government’s. The Representatives of Kanto meet today in secret to discuss handing the government over to Jimmy Oak, and the resolution was passed with little opposition. And, we aren’t the only ones who support Jimmy Oak.” Chris then turned, and gestured to behind him.

Lorelei stepped forward.

“I, Lorelei, the same woman who fought in the Johto Civil War for freedom, support Jimmy Oak.”

Bruno stepped forward.

“I, Bruno, the same man who led the rebellious army in the Johto Civil War for freedom, support Jimmy Oak.”

Agatha stepped forward.

“I, Agatha, the same woman who once opposed him, now support Jimmy Oak.”

And then Lance stepped forward.

“I, Lance, support Jimmy Oak.”

Chris turned back and faced the camera.

“Jimmy Oak has all our support. He is going to lead Kanto into great times. I ask that you trust him. Believe in him. Place your faith and lives in his hands. He will not lead you wrong.”

Chris then closed his eyes, and he raised a single arm in the air. The Elite 4 behind him did the same. Together, they chanted in unison: “All hail Jimmy Oak, our supreme over lord and leader. All hail Jimmy Oak, the most powerful and strongest one of all. All hail Jimmy Oak, who shall lead and rule us until the end of time.”

Chris then opened his eyes, and he lowered his arms. He looked into the camera one last time, and he said simply,

“Thank you, that is all.”

And then the screen went blank.

William stood, trembling, shocked.

“What…” Val said softly. “What has happened?”

“I’m too late Val,” William said, his voice mechanical. “Jimmy has brought Mew back to life, and he has made Mew use its psychic powers to control the Elite 4. Now, I am going to rush to the Indigo League, try to save everyone. While I’m there, Jimmy will be collecting the three legendary birds.”

“But…but…” Val stammered. “How is Jimmy controlling the Elite 4? Psychic Pokemon run on different mindwaves then humans-”

“If Jimmy can freaking switch a few things in an Alakazam’s brain to allow it to interfere with humans, than I’m sure he can do that same with a Mew,” William snapped.

Val was silence for a long time.

“You can do it William,” she said. “You can stop him. You’re the only one.”

“No,” William said. “The only one who can stop him is Professor Oak, and he’s dead.”

Val blinked, surprised.

“What said that?”

“The Ancient Prophecy of Kanto.”

“Then that prophecy is wrong-”

“ANCIENT PROPHICIES ARE NEVER WRONG!” William screamed, turning angrily to Val. She was silence once more. Then, she said gently,

“Then you’ve misinterpreted what it meant,” she said. “Because I know you can stop Jimmy Oak.”

William was silent as he turned away, but Val wasn’t done talking.

“What did the prophecy from Lavender Tower say?” She asked him. William turned back to give her an acquiring look. “Jimmy sent me there to figure it out after Sabrina’s Alakazam had reported one was to be given. What did it say?”

William closed his eyes, and he recited the words he heard from Percy.

“The first shall become the second, and he shall reunite the three again. It shall be up to you, William Oak, to stop him in the fourth battle, after defeating the five. Otherwise the first shall rule, as the second, controlling the three, until the end of time.”

“There,” Val said. “The prophecy said you would be the one to stop Jimmy. Not Professor Oak, not anyone else. You William. You.”

William looked at Val. His expression had not changed; it remained serious and cold. He stood up, straitening his body, and he turned around and walked to the door. Once he reached the doorframe though, he paused, and looked back over his shoulder.

“Take care of yourself Val.”

“I love you William,” she said, her voice breaking slightly.

William then turned and he left, not saying the words back.
[/b]

END OF PART NINE

[+] Spoiler
WEEEEEEEE.
Preface next. But what could the preface actually be if there are no more diary entries? tehehehehehe
Leave me a comment/prediction and I'll love you forever. :heart:

Kyatenaru
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym

October 10th, 2011, 2:40 pm #523

[+] Spoiler
Jimmy resurrected Oak with Mewtwo's power...or the Preface is from Jimmy's diary (lol Jimmy wouldn't keep a diary) or...

Idunno, I'll just wait and see. :D

LeafiaDream

October 10th, 2011, 3:07 pm #524

Whoa.
He totally just wasted two days to stay with Val.
I don't know if he's loyal or incredibly stupid.

Anyway, hopefully Will can win in time to knock some sense into the Elite Four. Geez. Stupid mind control. -.-
Hello...pleased to make your acquaintance.

I can come off as rude, but I promise, I don't mean to be.

If I comment on what you say, it means you're worth commenting on, so please, don't be too offended!

Psyche
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

October 10th, 2011, 5:09 pm #525

Haha fuck you Val >:D

Also shit's gonna get real- will Sabrina be saved? Will Jimmy get all the legendary birds? Will William wreck some shit up?! Probably! Also the preface... hmm...
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

Faeiri
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym

October 12th, 2011, 5:06 pm #526

Fuck.
Just...fuck.

Comatose
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

October 13th, 2011, 2:07 am #527

Awesomely amazing. Also, I noticed in part 80 that Jimmy said Will had failed to save Sarge. I guess those damn dirty blues finally did him in.
A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. Then you can focus on it and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient and you hold still, well maybe, just maybe, it'll come to you. And I mean hell...if you have to live the rest of your life in a memory...you might as well make it a good one.- Leonard Church, Red Vs Blue

TrainerBOB

October 15th, 2011, 2:47 pm #528

[+] Replies
Kyatenaru wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Jimmy resurrected Oak with Mewtwo's power...or the Preface is from Jimmy's diary (lol Jimmy wouldn't keep a diary) or...

Idunno, I'll just wait and see. :D
You'll see soon enough, hehehehe. trollface.jpeg.
LeafiaDream wrote:Whoa.
He totally just wasted two days to stay with Val.
I don't know if he's loyal or incredibly stupid.

Anyway, hopefully Will can win in time to knock some sense into the Elite Four. Geez. Stupid mind control. -.-
The elite 4 is just around the corner! :)
Psyche wrote:Haha fuck you Val >:D

Also shit's gonna get real- will Sabrina be saved? Will Jimmy get all the legendary birds? Will William wreck some shit up?! Probably! Also the preface... hmm...
Poor Val, no one likes her anymore, trolololol.
Faeiri wrote:Fuck.
Just...fuck.
:xd: It gets worse my friend.

Comatose wrote:Awesomely amazing. Also, I noticed in part 80 that Jimmy said Will had failed to save Sarge. I guess those damn dirty blues finally did him in.
Oops! I knew I was going to do that someday.
AND NOW. FOR THE BEGINNING OF PART 10 - THE CONCLUSION TO ELDEST.

Part Ten
Preface
[+] Preface
Preface

Professor Oak’s eyes snapped open, and he had no idea where he was.

For a brief second, the man was conscious of only a sharp pain in his chest, but then he became aware of other senses. He felt something gritty beneath his body, and he felt something cool brush up against his lower legs. He could hear the sound of water, and the sun above him beat down so hot it was almost heavy.

He sat up, slowly and tenderly, aware of the pain in his chest. It felt like a boulder rested over his heart. Professor Oak realized, as his version lost its blurred attribute, that he was on a beach. He was sitting in the tide, and the water was slowly coming up to his legs, and then falling back into the ocean

But he still had no idea where he was.

Professor Oak suddenly gasped and he fell back down to his back, his hand clenched over his chest in agony. The pain in his chest had increased, and he coughed and wheezed.

“Don’t strain yourself,” a cold voice snapped. The source of the voice was a woman standing somewhere behind Professor Oak.

“Who is it?” Professor Oak asked, begging. “Who’s there?”

Professor Oak could hear the sound of sand crushing as the stranger walked around him. The glare of the sun made him squint his eyes, making it impossible to see. Professor Oak raised his hand over his forehead, blocking out the sun, and then he slowly rose to a sitting position.

Misty, the missing gym leader of Cerulean City stood in front of him. She wore nothing but a slim, poorly fitting red bikini. Her red hair was wet, and it draped down her back like a curtain.

“Misty…” He stumbled, surprised. “But how?”

“I was following Jimmy’s boat,” she snapped. “I had been looking for him ever since he killed Brock-”

“Jimmy killed Brock?” Professor Oak exclaimed. Misty shot him an angry, pointed look.

“Who the fuck else killed him?” She screeched, on the verge of screaming.

Professor Oak winced, and looked away.

“I had found him,” Misty hissed, glaring down at Professor Oak. “I had found Jimmy. It wasn’t too hard actually – if someone really wanted to they could have done it. If I hadn’t been a coward, maybe I could have found him a long time ago. Or maybe I just got lucky, shit I don’t know.

“But I found him. I just went to where I knew the Legendary Birds made their nest. And I found him lurking about, surfing the waves on a boat, and making little marks on his map. I followed him, secretly, for a day or show, wondering what I should do.

“And then you showed up.” Professor Oak looked to Misty. She was glaring down at him, her eyes cold and filled with hate. “He took care of you rather quickly, didn’t he?” She asked him, her voice tunneling malice. “You just kneeled down and gave in, didn’t you?”

“You...you don’t understand…” Professor Oak said, tears coming to his eyes. “I…I…”

“So I figured I might as well pick you up,” she said, coolly. “I knew I couldn’t defeat Jimmy. I knew he would just kill me. Its not that I care about living any more – I just know he wouldn’t grant me the pleasure of knowing before I died. Now I want you to tell me. Everything.”

“I can’t,” Professor Oak said.

“You’re dying Professor Oak,” Misty snapped. “You took a hyper-beam to the stomach. You’re heart is failing. You won’t be alive much longer. Jimmy can’t torture you. He can’t kill you twice. You might as well tell me.”

“The things I’ve done Misty…I don’t want to say them…”

“I don’t give a shit. Tell me. Did your son kill my mother?”

A pause.

“Yes.”

“And you knew about it?”

“Yes.”

“How?”

“Because its Jimmy. She was poking around. He was bound to poke back.”

“Where is her body?”

“Knowing Jimmy, you don’t want to see her body Misty.” Professor Oak said. Misty snapped her head away and looked to the ocean. She several steps away from Professor Oak, letting her become closer to the tide. The water rolled onto the beach, brushing at her feet.

“Its all my fault,” Professor Oak said, his voice trembling. “It is all my fault…”

“You’re damn right it is,” Misty snapped, without the shred of pity in her voice.

“I tried to stop him!” Professor Oak suddenly screamed. Misty turned around, and examined the distressed Professor Oak. He was sitting up, his face red, and his eyes crying. His entire body shook, and he continued in a squeaky, weakening voice: “I tried to stop him…I tried…”

“How?” Misty challenged.

“Jimmy had beat them…” Professor Oak said, his voice trembling. “He had beaten all eight gym leaders…with ease. Even his mother…Agatha…but by then, I knew what he was. The things he had done – they had spread to everyone’s ears. And I knew he had to be stopped.”

“What did you do,” Misty asked, mockingly, “put him in a timeout?”

“You don’t understand what I did, or how painful it was to do it,” Professor Oak said. “Jimmy went on to challenge the Elite 4. He plowed through the first four trainers, beating them with ease. And then he came to the Champion. And he was shocked to see it was me.”

Misty eyes widened, and she took a step back.

“But…but…” she whispered, stunned.

“Yes, Misty,” Professor Oak said, in his failing voice. “I was the Champion of Kanto – and still am for that matter.” Professor Oak bowed his head, and his voice shook.

“You know what the Champion did to Jimmy’s Pokémon.”

“He killed them,” Misty said. “He killed them all.”

“And that’s what I did,” Professor Oak said. “I killed every single one of Jimmy’s Pokémon. Even the starter I had given him. It was the last blow – the last one to fall. Jimmy’s prized and legend Blastoise. It drove him to madness.”

“Jimmy was already mad,” Misty said, turning away once more.

“Don’t you pity me?” Professor Oak screeched. “Can you imagine what that was like? Killing my son’s Pokémon one by one? Can you imagine?”

Misty looked back at Professor Oak over her shoulder, her eyes filled with disdain.

“And then?”

“Janine challenged the Elite 4. She won, she beat me. I gracefully stepped aside, glad to be done,” Professor Oak said. “Jimmy had vanished – I thought he was dead, or just gone for good.

“And then he challenged the Elite 4 once more, three years later, this time with the Legendary Birds by his side. And with the Birds, he did not just kill the teams of the Elite 4, but he killed their Pokémon as well.”

“Jimmy was enraged when he entered the Champion’s room, and instead of seeing me, he saw the woman he loved. The woman his brother had married. The woman who had bore two children for her brother. And so he killed Janine’s team, one by one, just as I had done to him. And then he tried to kill her. He would have succeeded, had Richard not intervened. He was always good at being where she needed him…Richard.”

“Not this time,” Misty snapped. “Janine’s dead, and Richard’s no where to be seen. And so is Charlie. Its just William Oak, a 16 year old kid, up against the most feared man in all of Kanto.”

Professor Oak fell back onto his back, sobbing.

“Its too late…I was the only one who could stop Jimmy. I was the only one who could stop the Eldest. Only the father could…only me…and I failed. I had the chance – long ago – in the Champion’s room. He was kneeling on the ground, crying over the dead body of his Blastoise…and I did nothing. I could have killed him right then and there. That was my only chance. That was the world’s only hope. And I failed.”

Misty looked down at Professor Oak, her face set in stone. Professor Oak started to breath faster, his chest heaving up and down, and he moaned in pain.

“Misty…will you please…please just…just forgive me…on behalf of Kanto…send me off to the next life…in happiness…?”

“No,” she said coldly, and then turned and walked away, not bothering to glance back.

It took three more minutes for Professor Oak to pass, as he lay on the beach, losing the ability to breath and function. And when his eyes finally closed, and the last of his air escaped his lungs, and his heart came to a stop, there was no one there to mourn or grieve for the dead Professor who lay on empty beach of the uninhabited island. It was several minutes before a Fearow passed and drove her beak into the Pokémon Professor’s chest, drawing out blood and organs. Soon a flock of Fearow’s had gathered around the Professor, erasing his body from existence as they consumed him.
[+] Spoiler
I never SAID explicitly that he died. :3: He is dead know though. Bye-bye Oaky.
That's how I get a lot of plot twists in (especially in the future). I let everyone make an easy assumption.
Anyway, leave me a fancy comment! :heart:

LazyCradily

October 15th, 2011, 4:17 pm #529

I just joined the forums now, but I have been following this Nuzlocke for a while. And its one of the greatest I've ever read. Good job on ever chapter, every detail, and every battle. I'm looking forward to the last few chapters, and any other Nuzlockes you plan on doing in the future. Stay gold, man, stay gold. ;)

Ryua
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym

October 15th, 2011, 9:38 pm #530

I just... I just don't even know how to respond anymore. It's so crazy. And awesome. And dark, and awesome and... gah. So cool. It's really starting to feel like it's coming together now, I can't wait to see what you do with it.

The battle in Viridian Gym was so crazy intense. So was that Preface, man. Wow.

Psyche

October 15th, 2011, 11:23 pm #531

Oh Oak, you cowardly man, left for the birds :( Great chapter as always.
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

LeafiaDream

October 16th, 2011, 12:00 am #532

…
He deserved to die like that.
Hello...pleased to make your acquaintance.

I can come off as rude, but I promise, I don't mean to be.

If I comment on what you say, it means you're worth commenting on, so please, don't be too offended!

Comatose

October 16th, 2011, 2:40 am #533

Jimmy really should learn that cruelty is only used to scare people into order, not to handle every aspect. As we just saw, cruelty leads to mistakes, mistakes lead to bigger problems than before, and those problems lead to the failure of every ruler who's ever used cruelty to rule.

Great update, man. Can't wait to see what happens next.
A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. Then you can focus on it and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient and you hold still, well maybe, just maybe, it'll come to you. And I mean hell...if you have to live the rest of your life in a memory...you might as well make it a good one.- Leonard Church, Red Vs Blue

Morgana Card

October 17th, 2011, 9:52 pm #534

Ahh, how I've missed this run. :D Great few updates! I'm very much looking forward to the Elite Four battle.
[+] Spoiler
Am I the only one who still feels bad for Oak? :c
Ongoing Run(s): LeafGreen (4 deaths, going to Cinnabar.)
Paused Run(s): None.
Failed Run(s): Emerald (5 deaths, failed at Norman.), FireRed (failed. 7 deaths.), LeafGreen (failed at 8th gym giovanni)

The Frog

October 18th, 2011, 9:37 pm #535

Oh, updates! Glorious updates! Certainly didn't see Oak being the champion coming...

Current Run:
Yellow
(Chapter Thirteen, put up Mar 17 2011)(Yes, it hasn't been updated in over a year. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.)
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:
Blind White: The Abridged Series (Reached Episode 8)

QKNC
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym

October 25th, 2011, 6:13 am #536

I just caught up on everything, from Silph Co allll the way up to now.

And

Everyone is dead ;__; The bit between Val and William there made me tear up a bit, and I feel sorry for Oak. He's never had it easy.

But that's okay, I'm looking forward to part 10.

kylestyle
Derp
Derp

November 1st, 2011, 5:18 am #537

Recently joined, and am finding myself very inspired by this run. You are a very talented writer, this is the kind of story I gladly pay money to read. I understand how demanding college is, but I hope to see many many more updates and runs from you. Might have to start working on my own story/run at some point now.

TrainerBOB

November 10th, 2011, 3:09 pm #538

[+] Replies
LazyCradily wrote:I just joined the forums now, but I have been following this Nuzlocke for a while. And its one of the greatest I've ever read. Good job on ever chapter, every detail, and every battle. I'm looking forward to the last few chapters, and any other Nuzlockes you plan on doing in the future. Stay gold, man, stay gold. ;)
Thank you so much! I'm glad you've been enjoying it, and I am really glad to have gained another follower and commenter towards the finale! :)
Ryua wrote:I just... I just don't even know how to respond anymore. It's so crazy. And awesome. And dark, and awesome and... gah. So cool. It's really starting to feel like it's coming together now, I can't wait to see what you do with it.

The battle in Viridian Gym was so crazy intense. So was that Preface, man. Wow.
Haha, thank you! Its aout to get a little crazy...and this next chapter will make no sense.
Psyche wrote:Oh Oak, you cowardly man, left for the birds :( Great chapter as always.
Thanks Psyche! :)
LeafiaDream wrote:…
He deserved to die like that.
Yeah, he probably did. One thing I like about Oak is he was neither a villain or a hero in this run. He was an enjoyable character to play with, and I am going to miss him.
Comatose wrote:Jimmy really should learn that cruelty is only used to scare people into order, not to handle every aspect. As we just saw, cruelty leads to mistakes, mistakes lead to bigger problems than before, and those problems lead to the failure of every ruler who's ever used cruelty to rule.

Great update, man. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Thanks Comatose! I feel that at times Jimmy's cruelty is beyond measure.
Aproai wrote:Ahh, how I've missed this run. :D Great few updates! I'm very much looking forward to the Elite Four battle.
[+] Spoiler
Am I the only one who still feels bad for Oak? :c
Thanks Aproai! They are about to start...
[+] Spoiler
And its okay, I pity Oak a little too.
The Frog wrote:Oh, updates! Glorious updates! Certainly didn't see Oak being the champion coming...
Thanks Frog! I'm glad I got you with that one.
QKNC wrote:I just caught up on everything, from Silph Co allll the way up to now.

And

Everyone is dead ;__; The bit between Val and William there made me tear up a bit, and I feel sorry for Oak. He's never had it easy.

But that's okay, I'm looking forward to part 10.
Yay! I'm really glad you've caught up QKNC! And yeah, I've killed off lots of character sadly. :sweatdrop:
kylestyle wrote:Recently joined, and am finding myself very inspired by this run. You are a very talented writer, this is the kind of story I gladly pay money to read. I understand how demanding college is, but I hope to see many many more updates and runs from you. Might have to start working on my own story/run at some point now.
THank you so much! :heart: I am so glad you've enjoyed this run; I am really happy to have another follower! :) Thank again for your very kind comment! :heart:
Sorry about lack of updates! I've spent the past week and a half without my computer due to tripping and cracking the screen beyond functionality. :crying: But its fixed now.

THis next chapter may leave your head reeling with confusion. That is because I am going to slap you with a lot of terms that may not make sense. But they will eventually - so bear through it! There is also a mini-surprise at the end...

Chapter Eighty-Two
[+] Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Two: The Beginning of the End

The girl was wearing a long, red dress that draped down to her ankles. Her blue blouse blew ever so softly in the cold wind, but her shawl covered her hair. She kept her head bent down as she walked, and her arms crossed over her chest.

The girl walked slowly along the path up the mountain as she neared the top. She was in no rush – her destination was but a few hours away and she had until tomorrow to make it there. But as she walked, she spoke softly to herself.

“And so tomorrow it both ends and begins,” she said. Her voice was sweet and melancholy. “Tomorrow Rodolfo will try once more.”

She continued to walk up the mountain. A Rattata peered out of a shrub nearby, and he felt compelled to bow his head to the girl that walked past, as if she were royalty.

“Tomorrow the Eldest will win the War of Kanto, and the first Ancient Prophecy will have come to past.”

“Jimmy has already made himself into the second. He has already united the three. He has taken over the Elite 4. He has Kanto under his grasp. Fortunately, Jimmy knows nothing of history.”

The girl continued to walk, and she smiled to herself.

“The Eldest will win tomorrow. This has been seen, both in the past and the future. This is known. This is true. This cannot and will not be denied. This cannot and will not be stopped. The Eldest will win – of that the fates are sure.”

The girl was silent for several moments until she reached the mountaintop. There, she looked down, gazing upon the magnificent plateau below.

She was gazing on the Indigo Plateau. She raised her hand from her chest, and pointed down.

“There…William Oak is walking through the tunnels of the Indigo Plateau, right now. He will challenge the members of the Elite 4, one by one.”

And then the girl shifted her gaze towards the end of the Pleateau. There, rusting from age, was a giant stadium – her ultimate destination.

“But it is there that William Oak will challenge the Champion, and Jimmy Oak. There, in the giant stadium, where battles took place in old times. It hasn’t been used in centuries…but it will be used tomorrow. Jimmy is already inviting thousands of citizens to watch the battle tomorrow. He is anticipating William will make it
that far.”

“So it is in that stadium where it will happen. It is there that the final battle will happen. It is there that the Eldest shall win. It is there that the power of Mew will be awakened, and passed on to another.

She rolled her head back, and the girl looked to the sky. Her shawl fell off her head, revealing her long, curly black hair.

“Tomorrow it both begins and ends. Tomorrow the Eldest will win, and the first Ancient Prophecy will come to past. Soon, one by one, the other Ancient Prophecies will follow. The Gods will be awoken in Hoenn; the Dimensions will collapse in Sinnoh. And the final battle will take place in Unova.”

“After tomorrow, the ending will result in the true beginning. The Five will reemerge from blood and shadows, forgotten history will be remembered, and old powers will return.”

She heard a noise behind her, and the girl turned her head to look. No longer was the girl alone. She smiled at the familiar figure that stood not five feet from her.

“So you remember the legend? The legend of the three Mews?” The man who wore a large brown coat asked her.

“It is not a legend – it is history” The girl responded firmly. “And yes. I remember.”

There was a pause of silence between them. And then –

“Thank you for coming Iris.”

“Oh please,” Iris said to the man, “I would have still been here even if you hadn’t requested my presence…Richard.”

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

November 10th, 2011, 10:08 pm #539

Heehee, sounds interesting Bob. Nice work.

Looking forwards to the next one.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

November 10th, 2011, 11:34 pm #540

Oh, Iris is there now? Or it might be another Iris entirely, because this one has black and curly hair and the other one has, well, a blue kite strapped to her back.

Still, the plot is getting more and more intricate even though you've already revealed so many details. That's neat.
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW
Aozora - Today at 6:22 PM
PILLOW