Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

September 10th, 2011, 3:34 pm #501

Chapter Seventy-Nine
[+] Chapter Seventy-Nine
The First Son

Blaine Oak was working at his desk when he heard the door to his back office open. He paid no attention, and kept his eyes down on the piece of paper he was scribbling rapidly away at. He knew the man was there at the desk, but Blaine ignored him, waiting to be addressed.

“Excuse me.” The man finally said.

Blaine raised his head up, but he did not spare the man longer than a quick glance.

“Yes. What do you want?”

“I want you to tell me where the Second is.”

Blaine raised his head up slowly; surprised by the words and the way they were worded. It was a demand.

“Pardon?”

“Everyone believes Charlie Oak is dead,” the man said, smiling slightly. “But I have extreme reason to believe so otherwise.”

Blaine narrowed his eyes.

“Whatever your reasons they are wrong. Charlie Oak died the night of the Battle of Threes.”

“Charlie’s body was never found,” the man corrected. “And I am almost positive that Charlie Oak is still alive.”

Blaine leaned back in his chair, taking the man in for a second. For some reason, he seemed oddly familiar.

“Just who are you?” Blaine asked, a note of annoyance in his voice.

“Oh, that hurts Blaine,” the man said, his smile growing slightly wider. He spread his arms, and asked, “Do you truly not remember me?”

And then Blaine stood up abruptly; knocking over the chair he was sitting in the ground. He stumbled backwards, his eyes wide with anger.

“You! YOU! What are you doing back here? Why have you returned?”

“I have already answered that question,” the man said, as he played with a Pokeball in his right hand. “I am looking for Charlie Oak.”

“Haven’t you done enough harm as it is?” Blaine hissed. “You’re working for him, aren’t you? You are working for Jimmy!”

“Yes. We have slightly different goals in mind, but our end purpose is the same,” the man said. His voice was truthful; it was neither sadistic nor evil.

“You fool!” Blaine hissed. “How could you work with that man? Think of what he has done to you! To your family - to the people you love!”

“I only love one person now,” the man said. “Perhaps two people – if that second person is in existence.”

“You idiot! You blundering idiot! You will never get that loved returned! Not after what you’ve done!”

“I do not have time for idle talk,” the mysterious man said. “Now. Last chance. Tell me where Charlie Oak is.”

“Charlie is dead!”

“If you truly believe that, then I am sorry,” the man said. “Had you had knowledge of Charlie’s location, I would have been able to spare you. But now I have no choice.”

The man stopped playing with the Pokeball in his hand, and he tossed it in the air.

“Kill him.”

-------------------------------

Valarie Silph pushed the doors of the Viridian aside and she ran in. The gym was pitch black, windowless, and the floor was made only of concrete. The only light was from the ray of the door that was rapidly closing behind her. It slammed shut, and she was consumed in total darkness.

“Hello?” She screamed. “William? William are you alright?”

She stood in the darkness, terrified for several long seconds. And then she heard a voice. A voice that sent shivers down her spine.

“Ah. Valarie. You made it.”

It was his voice.

Val spun in the direction the voice had come from; but she could see nothing.

“Where is William?” Val screeched, her voice trembling. “What have you done with him?”

“I am afraid William isn’t here yet,” his voice said, from a different area of the room. Val spun, looking for him, but the darkness was consuming. “Though I believe he will be joining us shortly.”

Val begin to breath quickly as she felt panic set in.

“Why did you call me?” she asked. “Why did you lie to me?”

“Do you remember what I told you Val?” He asked her, his voice still calling out from the darkness. “Do you remember what I said the last time I was with you?” Val spun around and around, trying to track the voice, trying to see him. But she could not find him. “I told you I hadn’t killed you because I still needed you.” Val’s eyes began to fill tears. “I told you I hadn’t killed you, because I still had use for you.” Val felt the fear rise in her chest. “Do you remember that?”

Val was silent for a long time, as water flowed down her face. She had stopped spinning around. She stayed still now – knowing whatever fate she had, it was coming.

“Yes.” She said softly, eventually.

And then someone from behind her roughly grabbed her. She screamed, and tried to fight him off, but his grip on her was too tight.

“I regret to say,” he said, as he whispered in her ear. “That I no longer need you, my dear.”

-------------------------------------

William found himself forcing his feet to walk as he approached the gym. His heart thumped in his chest. Terror, hatred and violence dominated his every thought.

“I am going to kill you,” he said. “I am going to kill you Jimmy Oak.”

Around his belt where six balls. Each held a Pokeball. And each Pokémon that were equally loyal to William.

Desdemona, the Butterfree. She had followed William from Viridian Forest. She had loved him as her trainer. She had loved all things. But she was willing to kill. She would kill Jimmy Oak for the trainer she loved.

Fleance, the Nidoking. He was forever loyal, forever brave, and forever strong. As he mentally prepared himself for the battle ahead he knew he would fight to his dying breath if need be.

Tybalt, the Charizard. Time and time again, Tybalt felt he had failed. His many successes meant nothing to him; it was the few failures that were all Tybalt thought of. His failure to defeat the Sabrina’s Alakazam, his failure to catch William as he plummeted to the ground in Saffron city, these were the memories that played over and over again in his mind. Tybalt wanted to fight. He wanted to prove himself. And he would be willing to die for that cause.

Brabantio, the Venasaur. He was given to William as a gift – as a present from a grieving mother. Brabantio had fought by William’s side time and time again. Brabantio, the adventurous Pokémon, had seen almost all of Kanto. William had taken him to places he never dreamed he would go. And now he was going to fight the darkest trainer in all of the world. It was another adventure. And if the battle killed him, then death would be just another journey Brabantio got to take

Virgilia, the Blastoise. She was here because of Surge. He had given her to William with a job, wit h a duty. To help William. To protect him. She would not let her the dead Gym Leader down. She would revenge him by destroying Jimmy.

And then there was Eros, the Jolteon.

Eros remembered his first trainer. Janine. She cared for him, she loved him, and yet she also pushed him unbelievable hard. She taught him moves and attacks that he thought he would never learn. She had given him faith and confidence that he never thought he could have.

And then Jimmy killed her. He took her away, out of this world. Eros hated Jimmy. He hated Jimmy more than anyone else in the entire world. He hated Jimmy more than he had any opponent, any enemy. For Eros, Jimmy was Satan himself. And Eros wanted to kill the devil.

William felt the emotion rise in his chest. He had reached the door to the Viridian Gym. He reached down to his belt, and he felt the Pokeballs that were attached there. All William’s fears vanished. He had his Pokémon. That was all he needed.

William pushed the doors open, and he entered into the dark gym. He was confronted by total darkness. William frowned, but he stayed in the doorway, propping the door open with his foot, letting the ray of light shine in.

“Jimmy!” William screamed, calling into the gym. “I know you’re here! Why don’t you show yourself! Isn’t it finally time we’ve meant?”

“You fool,” a familiar voice called from the darkness. “We’ve already meant. Many times.”

A single light came on, shinning down a spotlight on a man who wore a professional business suit. His back was turned on William.

William entered the gym, allowing the door to close behind him. A second light, directly above William flashed on, shinning a light down on William.

“Well,” William yelled. “Turn and face me! Show me your face – you coward!”

The man slowly turned around. William blinked – shocked. He took a step back.

“Wh-what? Giovanni? What the hell are you doing here?”

“You pathetic fool,” he said. “I, Giovanni, leader of the destroyed and disbanded Team Rocket, am Jimmy Oak. I am the first son of Professor Oak. I am the Eldest. And soon, I will be the ruler of the entire world.”
[+] Read Chapter First
Oops, sorry, I lied. Showdown next week. Needed to get that thing with Blaine in. And then it felt fitting to end the chapter here (also, I'm busy the rest of the weekend.

Kyatenaru
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym

September 10th, 2011, 7:17 pm #502

I've stopped trying to predict what happens in this and Doctor Who and ASOIF. It's just impossible. xD And yet they're three of my favorite things.

Psyche
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

September 10th, 2011, 8:07 pm #503

Shit's gonna go down!

Also, at some point, I think you should draw out a family tree for this run (a very sprawling family tree)
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

September 11th, 2011, 10:09 am #504

Aww, I guess some buildup will have to do.

Looking forwards to the next chapter.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

TrainerBOB

September 11th, 2011, 9:07 pm #505

Kyatenaru wrote:I've stopped trying to predict what happens in this and Doctor Who and ASOIF. It's just impossible. xD And yet they're three of my favorite things.
Thanks so much Kya! :)
[+] OOC
AHHH DOCTOR WHO. I finally caught up last week, and I am now on par with the new episodes.
Psyche wrote:Shit's gonna go down!

Also, at some point, I think you should draw out a family tree for this run (a very sprawling family tree)
Thanks Psyche, that is a REALLY good idea. I made three different family trees (one for the Oaks, one for the Kogas, and another one that I won't say which now because it involves a minor plot twist). They include all the known information I will have revealed at the end of this run. I will post them with the Epilogue; I think it will be a great reference for both old and new readers.
LordQ wrote:Aww, I guess some buildup will have to do.

Looking forwards to the next chapter.
Thanks Q! I'm looking forward to writing it.

LeafiaDream
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

September 12th, 2011, 11:23 pm #506

Ah, Valarie. You shouldn't believe everything you hear. :/
Anyway, I'm glad you've updated! Twice, really? Awesome!

I agree with the others. I think I'll just sit back and wait for things to unfold. :)
Hello...pleased to make your acquaintance.

I can come off as rude, but I promise, I don't mean to be.

If I comment on what you say, it means you're worth commenting on, so please, don't be too offended!

Retskcaj

September 13th, 2011, 2:18 am #507

Oh Val, fell for the oldest trick in the book.

And yes, looking forward to that gym battle/ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.

lisalo
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

September 22nd, 2011, 11:40 am #508

Dunno why, I get the feeling youy lost the run. Otherwise you would be saving the finale.

Destroyanator

September 26th, 2011, 4:45 am #509

This very evening, i realized that i had gone almost 3 months without reading this run. that disturbed me greatly. nevertheless, i have endeavored to catch myself up, and lo and behold, here i am, about to speculate at the direction in which TrainerBOB will take this run next.
i'm not sure why Koga couldn't read the ancient prophecies of Kanto (although it seems that only Oaks have been able to read said prophecies............... mysterious).

Anyway, now we get to the meat and bones, so to speak, of my speculation:
[+] Spoiler
First, i believe that the mysterious man seen conversing with Blaine before killing him is, in fact, Richard Oak. After all, Blaine seemed to have a certain "perspective" on Richard, when he refers to him as a puppet master...... and think what a twist it would be, if Richard was evil. since TrainerBOB seems set on making William's childhood literally THE WORST CHILDHOOD EVER, utterly annihilating Williams image of his father as a hero would be a logical decision. maybe Jimmy will lose everything in his upcoming battle with William, and Richard will complete his master plan. :psyduck:

Second speculatory section: I think i know at least part of what Jimmy's master plan is. First, he's going to capture the legendary birds. second, he's going to use Mew's and Charlie's (who has a giant connection to the "psychic dimension" but can't use it) DNA to to build a template for Mewtwo. Now, as Blaine said, this is going to require a great deal of power. where to get it? the legendary birds, or course. now, since Mewtwo has been made, all Jimmy needs to do is use the consciousness-transfer device built by Silph Co to become Mewtwo, and rule the world. :sadface.jpg: (side note: i assume that since Mewtwo will have both human and Pokemon DNA, he will be able to read both types of minds)
In any case, you clearly haven't lost your touch in the time i've been absent from these threads. ThSons of Three just keeps getting better and better.

TrainerBOB

October 1st, 2011, 2:55 pm #510

LeafiaDream wrote:Ah, Valarie. You shouldn't believe everything you hear. :/
Anyway, I'm glad you've updated! Twice, really? Awesome!

I agree with the others. I think I'll just sit back and wait for things to unfold. :)
Thanks Leafia, I've been trying to update once every weekend, but as you can seen that hasn't gone over so well. :sweatdrop: Hopefully an update will happent his weekend! :)
Retskcaj wrote:Oh Val, fell for the oldest trick in the book.

And yes, looking forward to that gym battle/ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.
Thanks Retskcaj! Gym battle coming soo I hope
lisalo wrote:Dunno why, I get the feeling youy lost the run. Otherwise you would be saving the finale.
You'll see what happens soon enough! :)
Destroyanator wrote:This very evening, i realized that i had gone almost 3 months without reading this run. that disturbed me greatly. nevertheless, i have endeavored to catch myself up, and lo and behold, here i am, about to speculate at the direction in which TrainerBOB will take this run next.
i'm not sure why Koga couldn't read the ancient prophecies of Kanto (although it seems that only Oaks have been able to read said prophecies............... mysterious).

Anyway, now we get to the meat and bones, so to speak, of my speculation:
[+] Spoiler
First, i believe that the mysterious man seen conversing with Blaine before killing him is, in fact, Richard Oak. After all, Blaine seemed to have a certain "perspective" on Richard, when he refers to him as a puppet master...... and think what a twist it would be, if Richard was evil. since TrainerBOB seems set on making William's childhood literally THE WORST CHILDHOOD EVER, utterly annihilating Williams image of his father as a hero would be a logical decision. maybe Jimmy will lose everything in his upcoming battle with William, and Richard will complete his master plan.

Second speculatory section: I think i know at least part of what Jimmy's master plan is. First, he's going to capture the legendary birds. second, he's going to use Mew's and Charlie's (who has a giant connection to the "psychic dimension" but can't use it) DNA to to build a template for Mewtwo. Now, as Blaine said, this is going to require a great deal of power. where to get it? the legendary birds, or course. now, since Mewtwo has been made, all Jimmy needs to do is use the consciousness-transfer device built by Silph Co to become Mewtwo, and rule the world. (side note: i assume that since Mewtwo will have both human and Pokemon DNA, he will be able to read both types of minds)
In any case, you clearly haven't lost your touch in the time i've been absent from these threads. ThSons of Three just keeps getting better and better.
Thanks Destroyanator! I'm glad you've been enjoying it :D
[+] Spoilers maybe?
I can't say if you're right or not (of course), but I CAN say that you have picked up on a lot of the minor details that are extremely important. Whether or not you have pieced them together in the correct picture...well...you'll see. I will say that Charlie's special connection is even more crucial then you may think - it is eventually a clue to Charlie's identity.

Regarding Koga's lack of ability to reas the ancient prophecy...I want to point you all in the right direction (its not a huge twist/explanation, and it won't be long before I reveal it anyway, plus to be honest its something I kinda want everyone to get at before I reveal it (because there is another twist that goes with it when I reveal it)). So, here is my small hint: Who besides Professor Oak has been able to read and see the words of the Ancient Prophecy? That is all for now.
Oh! Also. This is something I forgot to say last time.
Say Giovanni out loud. Say Jimmy out loud. Say Giovanni's again. Say Jimmy. Notice the familiar syllable in the beginning? :keke: I was awfully proud of that when I thought of it way, way, way, way, way long time ago.

Anyway, HOPEFULLY, I'll be updating this weekend (maybe even two updates, the conclusion to Part 9?) I can't promise anything for sure, the past two weekends have been hell and I've been slowly working on this chapter (its not one of my bests). But the update is coming soon.

Ryua
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym

October 2nd, 2011, 5:12 am #511

UPDAAAAAATES! Two updates, no less! I am so thrilled. I thought you'd had to abandon this run, and I'm really glad you managed to get back into it. The upcoming showdown is going to be SO epic.

This assumes you'll actually do a showdown. I'm almost expecting mirrors and holograms and tricks, and it's not really him there at all, just some illusion...

Hawkfire
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

October 2nd, 2011, 10:03 am #512

I am officially very, very pumped.

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

October 2nd, 2011, 10:34 am #513

If you don't think your story run isn't the greatest ever on Nuzlocke after seeing all this phenomenal support, I don't know what to say :P

Looking forwards to whenever you have to time to update once more.

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler

Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

October 3rd, 2011, 10:43 am #514

Oh dear. I was almost hoping that you had somehow stopped writing after chapter sixty-eight, because I've been reading through this on a fairly compulsive basis the last couple of days. And now I have eleven more chapters to read, plus another preface. :keke:

Also, you just confirmed a suspicion I have been holding for quite a while now. It's fun to know I'm right. Hee~
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW
Aozora - Today at 6:22 PM
PILLOW

LeafiaDream

October 8th, 2011, 2:39 pm #515

I've noticed that when a person is put up to a personal deadline, they rarely make it. (Speaking about myself, among other people.)
I think it's better for you to just let it update whenever it updates, and not make promises. When a person does that, they're forcing themselves to get it done, and it either comes on time with bad quality or extremely late. That way, you're not always feeling so guilty for not posting "on time".
Dunno, just a thought. :) It's what I'm doing with mine right now.

If I comment on what you say, it means you're worth commenting on, so please, don't be too offended!

TrainerBOB

October 9th, 2011, 2:48 pm #516

AHHHHHH. SO SORRY JUST NOW UPDATING COLLEGE LIFE IS TOUGH AHHHH.
[+] Replies
Ryua wrote:UPDAAAAAATES! Two updates, no less! I am so thrilled. I thought you'd had to abandon this run, and I'm really glad you managed to get back into it. The upcoming showdown is going to be SO epic.

This assumes you'll actually do a showdown. I'm almost expecting mirrors and holograms and tricks, and it's not really him there at all, just some illusion...
Hawkfire wrote:I am officially very, very pumped.
LordQ wrote:If you don't think your story run isn't the greatest ever on Nuzlocke after seeing all this phenomenal support, I don't know what to say :P

Looking forwards to whenever you have to time to update once more.
Ahh, thank you, you are all really too nice to me :blush:
Pillowcase wrote:Oh dear. I was almost hoping that you had somehow stopped writing after chapter sixty-eight, because I've been reading through this on a fairly compulsive basis the last couple of days. And now I have eleven more chapters to read, plus another preface.

Also, you just confirmed a suspicion I have been holding for quite a while now. It's fun to know I'm right. Hee~
Yay, I'm glad I have another reader! :smile:
Tell me though, what was your suspicion?
LeafiaDream wrote:I've noticed that when a person is put up to a personal deadline, they rarely make it. (Speaking about myself, among other people.)
I think it's better for you to just let it update whenever it updates, and not make promises. When a person does that, they're forcing themselves to get it done, and it either comes on time with bad quality or extremely late. That way, you're not always feeling so guilty for not posting "on time".
Dunno, just a thought. :) It's what I'm doing with mine right now.
Thanks Leafia, you make a good point. I feel really bad about not updating till now, but I think you are right.
And a week later...here we go.

Chapter Eighty
[+] Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty: Jimmy Oak vs. William Oak

“I’m going to kill you Jimmy,” William hissed, his hands moving at the speed of lightning to his waist, unclipping a pokeball from his belt, and allowing it to spin at the tip of his finger.

Jimmy laughed, tossing his head back, yet standing firm. He wore the professional black business suit he had always worn, and his fading hair was combed to perfection. The two of them stood in the poorly lit gym, Jimmy across on the other side, and William still standing in the light of the opened door.

“Oh William,” he said. “How ashamed your father would be and how proud your mother would be.”

“Don’t you dare mention my mother in front of me,” William screamed, his entire frame trembling. “Don’t you dare mention either one of my parents in front of me! You have no right!”

Jimmy only laughed crueler.

“And here I thought I needed to emotionally upset you before this battle. It seems there was no need for me to take such violent measures.”

“What are you talking about?” William snapped. “Are you talking about my mom? Did you kill her to get to me?”

“Don’t be pretentious William,” Jimmy said coolly. “That was between your mother, your father, and myself. The death of your mother had nothing to do with you. You aren’t that important to cause me to kill her.”

“Then what did?”

“My arrogant brother,” Jimmy responded. “He wasn’t good enough to beat me at battling, so instead he stole the woman I loved.”

“He didn’t steal her,” William said. “She went to him.”

“To get away from me,” Jimmy replied. “It’s all the same.”

“No,” William said fiercely. “You’re wrong.”

Jimmy shrugged.

“Perhaps. It doesn’t matter now; it’s all moot point.”

“Only because you killed her!”

“No William,” Jimmy said, grinning wickedly. “Because I killed both of them. It doesn’t matter anymore because I won. I killed both of your parents.”

“I killed your father. As his last, dying Pokémon dealt the killing blow to my last legendary bird, I pushed him off the cliff of the mountain upon which we battled on. I watched his body spin down towards the ground. And then I climbed down the mountain. I found his body. And I set it aflame. I watched it burn. The man who was weaker then me. The man who couldn’t beat me.”

“But he did beat you!” William screamed. “My father stopped you from taking over!”

“No, that was Charlie, you foolish boy,” Jimmy snapped. “Richard was never a very good trainer. Beyond average, definitely, but not near the caliber Janine, Charlie, or I were. No, it was Charlie that killed two of my legendary birds and sufficiently weakened the other. Then my Moltres set Charlie aflame. I watched Charlie descend to death, atop a burning Pidgeot.”

“…I’m still going to kill you Jimmy.” William whispered, his eyes still determined.

“How?” Jimmy asked him. “You’re nothing special. You’re the son of the woman who I killed. The woman who could not stand before my might of the legendary birds. And I am about to become so much powerful. I will wield a power no other man has controlled before. And then I will reunite the three last legendary birds under my control once again.”

“I’ve stopped you before, I can do it again.”

“You can’t save the world William. You couldn’t even save your own starter Pokemon, or your friend Sarge, or your own mother.” Jimmy snirked.

“SHUT UP!” William screamed.

“You won’t be able to save your friend Chris, who will become my puppet.”

“SHUT UP!”

Jimmy rolled back his head and laughed.

“God damn, you couldn’t even save the woman you loved!”

William was silent.

“What?”

Jimmy merely smiled.

“Welcome to the Viridian Gym William,” Jimmy said. “I will be battling with five Pokémon. You may use up to six. You may switch out whenever you feel like. I may not. If I switch out, it will be considered forfeiting, and the round will be yours. Be warned, for I will be doing everything in my power to kill your Pokémon.”

And then, Jimmy clapped his hands twice. All the lights in the gym came on.

The gray, musty concrete floor, walls, and ceilings were dirty and bare. Black mold clung to them, and the row of windows a top the single gym room was covered in green grime.

But William’s eyes were directly drawn to Valarie Silph, who was hanging from the wall behind Jimmy.

“No…” William whispered.

A harness was attached around Val’s waste. She was breathing quickly and sweating profusely. Her blond hair was damp; it hung down and clamped to her salty body.

And sticking out from her stomach was a knife. Multiples trails of blood were streaming down her body, flowing down her leg and dripping to a small puddle on the ground some ten feet below. Her eyes were wide with pain, and a gag was placed over her mouth. Her chest heaved up and down – she was still alive. For now.

Val raised her head slowly to look at William. She shook her head softly at him, and William could almost hear her say the words.

I’m sorry.

“There is a bonus feature in this battle,” Jimmy said. “It’s rather simple, if you can beat me before Val dies, you win the bonus. The bonus is you don’t have to lose someone else who is close to you. Make sense William?”

“Val…” William whispered, his eyes attached on the girl who was dying. Her expression had not change.

“Don’t get too distracted now William,” Jimmy hissed. “I’d hate for you to lose your focus, and lose both your Pokemon and dear Valarie.”

William’s eyes snapped back to Jimmy. He had lost his anger and rage now though; in place his eyes contained nothing but fear.

Jimmy laughed.

“And don’t get any ideas William,” Jimmy said, withdrawing his hands from his pocket. There was a small device in his right hand. “If you break the rules of the traditional gym battle, I’ll press this button. Val will drop from where she is. Now I’m no doctor, but I know that a fall like that couldn’t be good for her in this condition.”

William merely stared at Jimmy.

“So that means no calling your full team out,” Jimmy said happily. “Or ordering your Pokémon to attack me, or anything else along those lines.”

William nodded his head slowly.

“I take it that means you understand William?” Jimmy asked. “Do you understand the rules of the game we play?”

William nodded his head once more.

“I want a verbal agreement William,” Jimmy said. “Best hurry up with it, Val loses more blood with every second…

“I understand!” William roared. His hands had dropped to his sides, and his entire body trembled, no longer out of hatred and adrenaline, but out of fear.

“Then let’s begin,” Jimmy said. “Go…RHYDON!”

“Virgilia, end this quickly!” William snapped, unleashing his Blastoise from his ball. The water-turtle Pokemon landed on the battle ground, and shrieked. Jimmy’s Rhydon appeared in a red flash, and the armored-Pokemon stomped his feet on the ground.

“Horn Drill,” Jimmy ordered. The drill atop Rhydon’s head begun to spin, and the Rhydon charged forward, roaring as he approached Virgilia.

“Dodge and Hydro Pump!” William commanded.

Virgilia jumped out of the way of the charging Rhydon, and turned her body mid-airso her guns were facing the Rhydon.

But the Pokemon had not stopped. It was still charging forward, running straight towards William.

William leapt out of the way charging Rhydon, rolling on the concrete. The Rhydon stopped in mid-charge, and turned to face William who was crawling away on the ground. The Rhydon smiled as it bent its knees to jump-

And then a blast of water slammed into the Rhydon, shoving it back against the wall of the gym. Virgilia walked up slowly towards the Rhydon, a continuous stream of water pushing against the Rhydon back against the wall.

Jimmy laughed. He rolled his head back, screaming with laughter.

“Kill it William! Have your Pokemon kill mine! Let death haunt this place!”

William said nothing, he stayed on the ground, transfixed by Virgilia. Eventually, the Rhydon stopped struggling, and collapsed to the ground – drowned.

William stood up slowly, his body trembling. Virgilia turned her head to her trainer, giving him a concerned expression. William nodded to her, and his eyes cast back to Jimmy.

“Well?” William asked. “Aren’t you going to send out your next Pokemon?” Jimmy grinned.

“It’s already out.”

And then the ground erupted beneath Virgilia’s feet, sending the Blastoise flying into the air. The Dugtrio vanished back under ground just as quickly as it had appeared. Virgilia fell back to the ground, tumbling through the air, but when she was mere inches from the ground, the Dugtrio bursted through the concrete again, forcing the Blastoise to rise back in the air.

Virgilia fell back to the ground, and landed with a thud. The Pokemon stood up slowly, her body trembling.

And then she was sent flying up in the air again, when Dugtrio burst through the concrete floor. Virgilia feel back on her belly, but before she could even stand up she was already flying in the air again.

“Its like a carnival game!” Jimmy exclaimed with glee, giggling like a child.

“Virgilia!” William cried. “Do…Do…” He could not think. His mind was racing, but no idea came to mind.

“Come now William, you’re mother was much better than this. Or was it your father’s genes you inherited when it came to Pokemon fighting?” Jimmy chuckled. “This is almost boring for me.”

And then suddenly the ground erupted before William’s feet, and the center Dugtrio opened its mouth, revealing a row of sharp pointed teeth. It snapped at William’s leg, tearing off a piece of skin. William shrieked, and stumbled backwards, as the Dugtrio vanished under ground. Trickles of blood rolled down William’s leg, staining the concrete floor.

Virgilia slowly rose to her feet, and glanced around the battlefield and-

Once more, the ground erupted beneath her, and she was sent spinning back up in the air.

“Virgilia, return!” William cried, recalling back his Blastoise. His hands trembled as he reached for his belt. Which Pokemon should he switch to? What should he do?

“Come now William, time is short, Val is running out of minutes…I’d estimate she has ten minutes to live without medical attention…” William’s wide eyes snapped to Val, and without thinking he grabbed a Pokeball off his belt and threw it in the air.

“Go Brabantio!”

The Venasuar landed on the ground with a heavy thud, and roared angrily.

Jimmy smiled.

“You’re slipping William.”

The ground erupted beneath the Venasuar’s feet, and the grass-type Pokemon was sent flying in the air.

“Now Brabantio, use Vinewhip, follow the Dugtrio underground!” William commanded. Vines snapped out of the side of Brabantio (who was still in mid-air), and the flashed towards the hole beneath him, and beneath the ground the wrapped around the Dugtrio.

“Nice try William,” Jimmy chuckled. Brabantio was tugged down to the ground, falling faster then the speed that gravity would have pulled him down. He landed on the ground with a thud, and then he was dragged, pulled across the room by the Dugtrio who had his vines wrapped tightly around his body.

“Now,” Jimmy ordered coldly.

And the ground erupted beneath Brabantio’s feet, sending the Venasaur into the air once more.

“Return!” William said, recalling his grass-Pokemon back to his ball.

Holes littered the once smooth floor of the gym room. William closed his eyes, thinking carefully.

Desdemona.

Of course – how had he been so stupid?

“Desdemona, let’s go!” William cried out, sending his Butterfree to the battlefield. The bug-Pokemon flew into the field, humming angrily. She spread her majestic wings wide, twirled through the air.

“Well, someone is finally starting to think,” Jimmy commented. “What’s the problem William? Val’s slow and painful death making it hard for you to concentrate?”

“Psychic!” William ordered, ignoring Jimmy’s chides.

The ground erupted one final time, and Dugtrio slowly rose out of it – into the air. The three heads of the ground-Pokemon were attached to a large solid rock that rose with it. A light purple outline surrounded the Pokemon, which twitched and trembled as the psychic energy coursed through it.

“Call back your Pokemon Jimmy.”

“No,” Jimmy said. “Kill it.”

William bit down on his lips.

“Do it Desdemona.” Desdemona’s eyes turned a fiercer purple, and the Dugtrio went blasting back into the wall of the gym with such a force that caused the gym to shake and tremble.

Jimmy didn’t even bother glancing back at his dead Pokemon. He simply grabbed another ball from his belt, and tossed it in the air.

“Persian, try to do some damage for me,” he said, rather lazily.

The cat-Pokemon flashed forth from the ball, and it landed on the concrete floor, its nails scratching at the surface, making a noise that clawed at the ears.

“Desdemona, return!” William said, calling back his Butterfree. “Eros, lets go!” The Jolteon popped out of his job, and screeched as he charged onto the field, not waiting for a command from his trainer, by running straight towards the Persian in a fit of rage.

“Eros!” William exclaimed. The Pokemon ignored him, and attacked, pouncing towards the Persian.

“Slash,” Jimmy said, coldly.

The Persian rolled over, falling onto its back, as the Jolteon passed just inches above it. Persian extended its claws, and slashed at the Eros’s underbelly. The Jolteon hit the floor, and rolled several feet, leaving a bloody smear on the concrete.

“Eros!”

“Finish it with Slash Persian,” Jimmy ordered.

“Return!” William cried, calling back his Jolteon with a red beam before the Persain could get there. William’s entire body trembled as he reached for the ball on his belt.

“You don’t look so good William,” Jimmy commented wiryl. “And you’re still not thinking. It was rather foolish to send out Eros against me. Don’t you think your mother’s old Pokemon might have a few unresolved issues with me?” Jimmy chuckled, and then said behind him, “you’re doing a fantastic job keeping William distracted Val. Please do keep it up.”

William’s hands trembled. His entire body was sweating profusely. He could not think. His eyes were attached to Val. Her red, crying eyes were attached on him. William swallowed. He could not think. His mind was blank. William fell to his knees.

“Is this how the great William Oak ends?” Jimmy asked, laughing. “It was nice knowing you Will-”

And then there was a flash from William’s waist. Tybalt came roaring out of his Pokeball, and from the jaws of the mighty Charizard came a fiery torrent of flames that collided with the Persian, setting the cat-like Pokemon aflamed. Within a few short seconds, the Pokemon’s body was resting on the ground, black and burnt. And dead.

“Well,” Jimmy said. “William may be done for, but it seems his Pokemon are still ready to fight. What is it like William,” Jimmy asked, “to have Pokemon who are stronger than you are.”

William stood up slowly, and looked to Tybalt. The Charizard’s head was twisted around, watching William. He nodded his head once, and William returned the nod.

“Of course they’re stronger than me Jimmy,” William replied coolly. “I wouldn’t have made it this far if they weren’t.”

Jimmy snorted.

“Fool. You are as idealistic as your parents.”

“I’m proud of that.”

“There idealism ended them. It will end you too William.”

“Are we going to talk all day,” William snapped, “or are you going to send out your next damn Pokemon.”

Tybalt roared, and flares of fire come out of the Charizard’s nostrils.

Jimmy smiled slightly.

“Nidoqueen – go!”

William bit his tongue. As long as she doesn’t know Rock Throw…

“Rock throw.” The Nidoqueen dug her massive bulky arms into the concrete ground and launched a gaint piece of rock at Tybalt.

“Tybalt!” William cried out. The Charizard leapt into the air, spinning around, dodging the attack.

“Flamethrower!” William ordered. Tybalt cocked his head back, and breathed a powerful stream of fire. The Nidoqueen raised her arm up, blocking the fire with her forearm.

“Rock Throw.” Jimmy ordered. This time the Nidoqueen spun, using her tail to break apart the rocks from the concrete, and launching them in the air, at a speed faster than before.

But this time, the rocks flew towards William.

William’s eyes grew wide at the incoming missels. But he felt even more panic when he saw Tybalt flying…

“NO!” William cried. Tybalt intercepted the path of the rocks, and his body and wings were pelted with the missiles. The Charizard roared, and he dropped to the ground, covered in rubble.

“Return!” William ordered, calling back his Pokemon.

“You’ve just about lost William,” Giovanni commented. “Ready to give up?” William’s hands did not trembled as he reached to his belt. Virgilia was too weak to battle, as was Brabantio. Eros was still bleeding massively, and Tybalt couldn’t take another hit. He still had Desdemona. And…

“Fleance,” William cried. “Lets go!”

The Nidoking roared as he jumped out of his Pokeball and landed on the ground with a heavy thud. He smashed his fists together, creating a loud drumming noise.

“Earthquake,” Jimmy ordered. The Nidoqueen slammed her firsts on the ground, and the concrete cracked and splintered. The ground shook, and sharp rocks rose in the air beneath Fleance, digging into his rocky texture.

“Fleance, use rock throw!” William ordered. Using his tail as a catapult, Fleance spun around and launched a group of rocks into the air. They collided with the Nidoqueen, sending her sliding back.

“Take Down,” Jimmy ordered.

“Mega Punch!” William cried.

The Nidoqueen and Nidoking ran across the field, set on a path to collide. The Nidoqeeun kept her head down, ready to collide with Fleance. Fleance had his right arm drawn back, ready to punch it forward…

They meant in the center of the Gym.

Fleance’s first collided with the Nidoqueen’s forehead, sending Jimmy’s Pokemon flying back. She slid across the gym floor, and finally came to a rest. There was a large indent in her forehead, and her entire body twitched as she suffered from a stroke that slowly took her life.

Fleance had suffered from the blow as well though. He stumbled backwards; cracks ran up his rocky arm from the heavy blow. He grunted in pain, and he fell to his knees.

“Well, well,” Jimmy said, ignoring his dying Pokemon. “It looks like I’m down to my last Pokemon.”

William called back his Fleance, knowing he wouldn’t be able to battle anymore.

“As are you, it seems, William,” Jimmy said, laughing. “You won’t send an injured Pokemon to fight me. You know only one of your Pokemon can take anymore hits. And what Pokemon is that? A puny, weak, tiny bug.”

“Desdemona is more than a bug,” William snapped, as he unclipped her ball from his belt. “She’s my Butterfree.”

Jimmy simply grinned, and then cried, “Go, NIDOKING!”

“Desdemona, finish this!”

The Butterfree hummed angrily as she flew out of her Pokeball, whizzing around the gym. Jimmy’s Nidoking roared as he landed on the gym floor. Cracks spread out from his landing, and he pounded his feet on the ground.

“Rock Throw!” Jimmy ordered. The Nidoking scooped up a large chunk of the concrete floor, and launched it at the Butterfree, who had no trouble dodging it.

“Again!” The Nidoking grabbed another piece of rock from the ground, and threw it in the air. This time though, the rock spun towards William.

The rock stopped in mid-air though. A think purple outline surrounded the rock, and within a single second the rock was crushed to tiny pieces. Desdemona’s eyes were glowing a bright purple, and she turned her focus back to the Nidoking.

“Psychic!” William ordered. The Nidoking was sent flying back into the wall by a powerful invisible force. His body laid indented in the wall, and he grunted. But the Nidoking was not yet finished.

“Thunder,” Jimmy ordered coolly. The Nidoking launched his arm into the wall and then just as quickly pulled it out. In his hand, he had a series of wires that sparkled with electricity. He raised his other arm in the air, and a blot of electricity shot out of it.

Desdemona was too slow to dodge. The electrical attack struck her, and she fell to the ground slowly, drifting down like a leaf from a tree.

“Desdemona!” William cried out.

“Again.”

Another thunder attack struck Desdemona, and her entire body trembled on the ground as electrical energy coarsed through her.

“No…” William whispered.

“Kill it,” Jimmy ordered. Nidoking pointed his arm at the Butterfree, and from him another electrical attack shot forth, buzzing through the air towards Desdeomona-

And then Desdeomona was no longeron the ground. She was in the air, somehow managing to dodge the attack.

“What?” Jimmy exclaimed, shocked. “Impossible! Thunder attack again!” Another electrical attack shot forth from Nidoking, but Desdemona dodged it again, moving at a speed faster than her wings should permit.

“How is this happening?” Jimmy hissed. Desdemona’s wings were crippled, and black at the tips. Jimmy knew the Butterfree shouldn’t be able to fly, much less move at that speed. But then, upon closer examination, his eyes widened in shock.

Desdemona was completely outlined in a purple glow. She was no longer relying on her wings to move. She was using her Psychic Powers instead.

“Now, Desdemona,” William said, “Psywave!”

Desdemona shricked and from her eyes shot forth a powerful psychic wave that struck the Nidoking. He cried out in pain, and his arms went to his forehead.

“Thunder attack!” Jimmy commanded angrily.

Confused, the Nidoking sent an electrical attack through his own body, and he roared out in pain. And then, finally, the Nidoking went still.

There was a second of silence in the gym. Jimmy simply stared at his dead Nidoking, his face expressionless. Then, finally, smiling, he took something out of his pocket, and he slid it across the gym floor.

“Here,” he said. “The Earth badge. You’ve won.”

“I don’t give a damn about that Jimmy,” William snapped. “I’m here to kill you.”

“Sorry William,” Jimmy said. “But I’m not dying today.”

Then Jimmy took out the mechanical pad from his pocket, and he pressed a button on it.

Several things happened at once.

The windows exploded inward, glass raining down on the gym. The roof to the gym exploded, and it caved in, parts falling down onto William, Jimmy, and Val. An Abra appeared out of thin air next to Jimmy. He quickly placed his hand on it, and he disappeared. Val was dropped from her harness, and she went following to the ground.

Desdemona wove through the air as quickly as possible as she could to William. She drove into William’s arms and chest, and a large dome shield made from Desdemona’s psychic power rose up around them, and protected both of them from the falling rocks and glass.

After a few short seconds, but what really felt like an eternity, the chaos stopped. The dome shield disappeared, and William looked around him. He was surrounded by chaos and destruction. The gym floor was littered with concrete from the roof, and broken glass. The Viridian gym had been utterly destroyed.

William looked down at his feet, and he picked up the small Earth Badge that was there. He gripped it tightly, and then he shoved it into his pocket.

And then William heard a cry of pain.

“Val!” He cried out. He turned and ran, rushing towards the source of the cry. He found her, on the other side of the gym, lying on the ground. She was still bleeding heavily from the wound in her stomach, and a rock was crushing her legs.

“William…” she whispered softly.

Desdemona used her powers to shove the rock off Val. William lifted her gently in his arms. He did not remove the knife – he was terrified of the damage he might do.

“Don’t worry Val,” he said. “I’m taking you to the Pokecenter. Everything is going to be okay.”

“Jimmy…” she said softly. “Jimmy…”

“He got away,” William said bitterly. “He got away again.”
[+] A Few Thoughts
Its rather long. Parts are good, parts are bad. Some of the things they talked about the beginning regarding Charlie and Richard are super important (of course).
Leave me a comment/prediction, and I'll love you forever.
There is one more chapter in Part 9. And then PART 10 begins.
Oh, and did I mention, Part 10 will have a preface? But how can this be, you may ask, since you've read Oak's last entry?
Tehehehehe.

Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

October 9th, 2011, 4:06 pm #517

wrote:Tell me though, what was your suspicion?
That Jimmy and Giovanni were both one and the same, and that you picked those names intentionally for them. :keke:
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW
Aozora - Today at 6:22 PM
PILLOW

Psyche

October 9th, 2011, 5:19 pm #518

Updates! :D

I expected Jimmy to get away... there wouldn't be as much to look forward to from now to the E4 if William killed him in this chapter. Great battle- did you really use every Pokemon in-game though? I wouldn't have dared use Charizard in your position.
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

LeafiaDream

October 9th, 2011, 7:16 pm #519

Ah, I'm glad to see this is up. ^^
What an intense battle! I thought for sure someone was going to die…I'm glad they all survived, though. :)
I do have to wonder the same as Psyche, though. Did you really use all of your Pokemon, or just make it more interesting in the story? Either way, the technique was great.
[+] Spoiler
But he still has to get to the Elite Four in time to save Sabrina. How can he do that with Fleance's arm cracked like that, unless it's automatically fixed at the Pokemon Center with the usual check-up? If that's the case, William might not be able to use Fleance. It might have hindered your story a bit, instead of making it more exciting and desperate.
Dunno, just a thought.
Good luck in college, and your next chapter! ^^

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

October 9th, 2011, 8:54 pm #520

An excellent update. I'll be looking forwards to the E4.

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler