Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
Destroyanator
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

July 5th, 2011, 11:34 pm #461

I'm with The Frog on this one. Everyone is going to die. everyone. only the pokemon will be left by the end of the story. and then you will kill them off.

I definately enjoyed the last chapter. good work.

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

July 12th, 2011, 8:00 pm #462

[+] Replies!
Psyche wrote:Finally done! Read everything I missed in one sitting.
[+] comments
GEE those plot twists! And GEE those deaths! D: This is the one of the only Nuzlocke runs where I can say more people have died than Pokemon!

I can't say I'm surprised that everyone is dying, and I won't be surprised if when more people die in the future, but man. I hope Val doesn't come back, bitch doesn't deserve anything in my opinion >:l And while I hope Sabrina is saved, I have the feeling she won't be...

Oh, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy... this man is too evil to breathe. He should be breathing pure evil. He probably wilts plants just by walking by them. I don't know why ANYONE in their right mind would follow him. Eagerly awaiting the next installment
yay, I'm so glad you've caught up Psyche! :smile:
And I have to saw, as evil as Jimmy is, I've had too much fun with that villain. :xd:
Eeveeon wrote:How could I have forgotten to comment here? D:

I just wanted to say that I love this story. So much. This is one of the best stories I've ever read! :D Each chapter gives me chills. So many plot twists. When I first read this, I was surprised how much you've changed a simple little game plot into something so epic!

Also, I'd like the say that the chapter that Percy died in, and the chapter where his spirit showed up in, I broke down crying, 'cause it was so sad...

I don't know what else to say, now, except telling you again how awesome this is and how much I love it.
Oh, thank you so much Eeveeon! I am so glad you've enjoyed it! I hope the plot keeps you entertained, I think I have a few more surprises in store for you! :smile:
Destroyanator wrote:I'm with The Frog on this one. Everyone is going to die. everyone. only the pokemon will be left by the end of the story. and then you will kill them off.

I definately enjoyed the last chapter. good work.
Oh gosh, I guess I am really coming across the sadistic :sweatdrop:
You'll see who dies next - though you probably won't be too surprised...
Thank you everyone for the comments! I know this is like, 12 days late, but daily updates begin today! This run will finish around the end of July, and the sequel will start mid-July (so pumped for the sequel, I am really having to plow through the end of Eldest to get to that sequel...)

Chapter Seventy-Four
[+] Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Four: William Oak vs. Blaine

The gym doors swung open.

William walked inside Cinnabar Gym, feeling tense. The gym was made of a powerful metal that was neither steel nor iron. There were several black burnt spots scattered here and there: The fire from Blaine’s Pokémon was evidently so powerful it burned even this heat resistant metal. William swallowed once, then took a step forward. It had been a while since he had fought a true one-on-one battle. He hoped he had not forgotten how.

Blaine was already standing across the gym, arms folded across his chest, waiting for William. He wore a white lab coat over a red shirt, with black pants that stretched down to his brown shoes. His scalp was bald, but his face was covered in white hair. He had a bushy mustache that took up residence over his lip, and a few stray hairs covered his neck. He had obviously not shaved that morning.

William stood still, hands at his side. It had taken him two nights and a day of flying to make it to Cinnabar Island. It was now early in the evening. Tybalt was exhausted, and was resting at the center. William would not be relying on his Charizard for this battle. Closing his eyes briefly, he sucked in a sharp breath – he felt oddly naked without a Pokémon standing next to him before Blaine. It was a silly feeling, but there was a sharp memory of Percy as well.

“Hello Blaine,” William said, his voice cracking. “I have come here to challenge your gym. My name-”

“I know who you are, William Oak, and I know why you are here,” Blaine said. There was a hint of disgust in his voice, as if Blaine did not like William. “I also know that you are short on time - so let’s not waste any.”

“Right,” William said, nodding his head. His legs tensed, as if he was about to leap to battle himself, and his right hand twitched, ready to grab for a Pokéball.

“Since time is short, I propose a change to the rules,” Blaine said, his eyes narrowed from behind his oval-shaped glasses. “You may accept, or you may not accept. It is entirely up to you.”

“What is the change?”

“This will be a one-on-one battle. No switches. No other Pokémon. Just one on one.”

“Isn’t that against League Policy?” William asked.

“It is. But do you want me to test your abilities with a thirty minute battle when I use four Pokémon, or in a five-minute one-on-one battle?”

“I’ll take the shorter option,” William replied.

“That is what I thought,” Blaine said, his voice filled with contempt. “Now, are you ready?”

“Ready.”

“Then let's begin,” Blaine said. “Go Ninetales!” Blaine tossed a Pokéball high in the air, and the fox-like Pokémon leapt forth from the ball. She landed on the ground, her fur shimmering from the shinning lights above. The Ninetales sat down on the cold steel below her and wrapped her tails around her body.

“Alright,” William said. “Go Virgilia!”

William rolled her Pokéball off of his fingers, and the Blastoise appeared on the battle ground. She snarled, and rolled her shoulders back, poking the two guns out of her shell.

“Ready?” Blaine asked one last time.

“Ready.”

“Then begin! Ninetails, use Confuse Ray!”

The eyes glowed a frightening black, and she fixed her eyes onto Virgilia’s, who tried to look away - but she was frozen, her eyes wide and unblinking.

“Virgilia, you've got to look away!”

“Now, Ninetails, use Fire Spin!” Blaine ordered.

Ninetails growled, and she lifted her lips up, revealing sharp teeth that shone with the fire locked behind them. She parted her teeth, letting forth a flame that spun and crackled through the air.

“Virgilia, dodge!”

But Virgilia was suffering from the Confuse Ray. She took a small step to the right, and then took another step to the left. The flames struck her straight in her chest, and the Blastoise grunted as she slid back a few feet.

“Now, Ninetails, Quick Attack!”

Ninetails ran forward, her paws sliding across the metal floor gracefully. Her eyes glowed with the fury of battle, and upon reaching Virgilia she jumped in the air.

But Virgilia was ready. From her mouth she shot a Water Gun attack that hit the Ninetails in the stomach. The force of the attack stopped the Ninetales and she was forced backwards. She landed on the floor with a harsh thump.

Virgilia turned her head around and grinned at William. William couldn’t help but reply with a toothy grin of his own. The Fire Spin attack had knocked the confusion out of Virgilia.

“Ninetails!” Blaine said in a sharp tone. But then, his tone changed, to a more relaxed, quieter voice. “You may return.” Blaine recalled his Ninetails, and then walked across the gym to William. William recalled his Blastoise, and clipped the ball back onto his belt.

“Here,” Blaine said, handing William a badge shaped and colored like fire. “This proves you have beaten me in a battle. If I am not mistaken, you now only need one badge to challenge the Elite Four?”

“You are correct,” William said.

“Good. I know your time is short, but I request that you come with me.”

Blaine turned and walked away, but William stayed rooted to the spot.

“Uh…sorry…but time is like…really short. I really ought to get going.”

Blaine turned around and raised his bushy eyebrows at William.

“What I wish to tell you may be of the utmost importance to defeating Jimmy. Truthfully, I don’t know what it means. But it could be important. It could be very important.”

Blaine turned back around, and continued walking, heading for the lab in the back of the gym. William stayed still, hesitating for a second, before sighing and following Blaine.
[+] A Few Thoughts
Can I just write about plot and skip the Pokemon battles? Blargh.
Anyway, this is a short chapter, and you probably didn't get much out of it. However, the next....well...from here on out, I think every chapter is going to be either a shock/a blow to the gut.
Get ready. Make some final predictions. The prophecy will play out. More people die. Pokemon die. Etc. Etc. Etc.
Will I win this challenge? You'll see...

Eeveon
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym

July 12th, 2011, 8:26 pm #463

Oh god, I'm freaking out now. I don't want anyone else on your team to die... I will cry so hard you don't even... ;A;
Shit should go here. I just don't know what.

Mah DeviantArt page. ← Unless you have a strange fetish for being bored out of your fucking mind, I wouldn't click that. :c
[+] Spoiler

Shinymon
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

July 12th, 2011, 8:30 pm #464

Psyche told me about this run. Too bad that I dont have the patience of a old Chinese wise man to finish 73 of the run in one sitting.
I'll be checking the updates here on out though, and trying to read the things i missed :P

TrainerBOB

July 13th, 2011, 2:17 am #465

[+] Replies
Eeveon wrote:Oh god, I'm freaking out now. I don't want anyone else on your team to die... I will cry so hard you don't even... ;A;
Can't comment on Pokemon death(s)...you'll have to wait and see...
But thanks for the comment - I glad you feel an emotional attachment to my team :smile:
Shinymon wrote:Psyche told me about this run. Too bad that I dont have the patience of a old Chinese wise man to finish 73 of the run in one sitting.
I'll be checking the updates here on out though, and trying to read the things i missed :P
If you can catch up Shinymon, I'll be appreciative of course! If not, then you can just wait till the run ends. Since I will be posting a sequel, I will write an expansive plot summary for this run that will catch you up for the sequel.

New chapter tomorrow! You'll find more backstory on Blaine and Jimmy...

TrainerBOB

July 13th, 2011, 2:09 pm #466

New chapter

Chapter Seventy-Five
[+] Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Five: Mew

The lab looked like a flock of Pidgetos had flown through, knocking papers and books all across the floor on their way out. The floor looked like it was made up more of white sheets and a variety of book cover colors than steel. There were odd shape glasses on tables, containing green liquids that were often bubbling and steaming. As William followed Blaine, he observed the lab in awe. Blaine marched forward, accustomed to the messy state of things.

“When Jimmy first came to my island, he applied for a position on my lab staff,” Blaine said, calling to William over his shoulder. William turned his eyes away from a spherical test tube and looked to Blaine, who was digging in a desk, looking for something.

“I didn’t want him to work for me,” Blaine said. “I didn’t like him.”

“Did you already know he was bound to be evil?” William asked Blaine.

“Yeah, something like that,” Blaine grumbled as he bent his body down and opened up a drawer in the desk. Blaine stood up, rubbed his mustache, clearly failing at finding what he looked for.

“Jimmy was smart. Genius-level smart. So, when he offered to work for free, I really couldn’t refuse,” Blaine turned away from William, and marched over to a bookshelf. He started pulling out books, and rapidly flipping through the pages. William waited patiently, and Blaine eventually muttered:

“No, no, I moved it from the books…”

Blaine then turned and marched over to another desk, and started to dig through it.

“As much as I hate to admit it, Jimmy became a fundamental part of my project. I was building a machine that could return fossils to life. You’ve heard of it – right?”

“Of course,” William said, nodding his head several times.

“Yes, yes, yes,” Blaine said. He stood up, frustrated. “Ah! Yes, I put it in the spot that is most yet least obvious!” Blaine turned and started to walk towards the exit of the lab, moving in great long strides. William, confused, followed him.

“It wasn’t long into the project that I realized why Jimmy truly wanted to work for me. He wanted to resurrect a Mew.”

“What?” William exclaimed, surprised.

“You have to understand,” Blaine said, reaching the entrance to the lab and squatting down. “Jimmy is obsessed with the power of legendary Pokemon. That is why he used the three legendary birds.” Blaine lifted up the mat that was at the entrance to his lab, and picked up a small, silver key that was hidden there.

“You hid a key under a welcoming mat?” William asked, surprised. “I thought you were some kind of genius?”

“I am,” Blaine said, standing up. “And everyone knows that. So, the welcoming mat is the last place a genius would place a key. So I put it there. Besides, even if they found the key, they would have a hard time finding what it is used for.”

And then, without giving William a chance to question him, Blaine turned and walked forward, walking past William, and into the lab.

William shook his head in disbelief, and followed Blaine.

“So then what happened?”

“I told Jimmy it would be impossible to do that. The amount of energy it would require to restore a Mew to life isn’t possible to channel. I told him that even if he could find a Mew fossil, I wouldn’t let him try it. I theorized that the Mew he attempted to create would die instantly – and it would be a painful death. I wasn’t going to let Jimmy do that to a Pokemon.”

“So is that why Jimmy stopped working for you?”

“Not quite,” Blaine said, grimacing. Blaine had reached the had desk of the lab. He ducked down, and slid under the desk. William heard a click as he slid the key into something beneath the desk, and opened a small door that was hidden on the under study of the desk.

Blaine came out, holding a small box in his hands.

“What you are about to see I’ve shown to no one. Ever.” Blaine said. “Only Jimmy knows of this, and he thinks it has been destroyed. The only reason I have told no one is because I feared he would find out of its existence if I did.”

William nodded his head, slightly afraid at what might be inside the box. Blaine took a deep sigh, and then took the lid off the small, cardboard box.

William gasped, and stumbled back a few feet. Inside the box, was a tiny, dead, Mew.

“It can’t be…” William whispered. His eyes flashed back up to Blaine, and asked in a soft voice. “He actually found a fossil…and tried it?”

“Yes,” Blaine said. “After working for five days straight, making modifications to the machine in hope he could channel enough power, he attempted to resurrect a Mew. I don’t know where or how he found the fossil. All I know is I found him in my lab late at night, holding this Mew’s dead body. He had made enough energy to bring the Mew to life, but not enough for the Mew to live for very long. The Mew needed more life force, and it died within 30 seconds.”

William edged closer to examine the dead body. Its fur, which William knew should have been Pink, was an ugly gray. Its tail was mutated, rather than having a round tip the tail was sharp, and parts of it were hairless. The Mew’s nose was missing a nostril, and one eye as well.

“The experiment did not go well,” Blaine said, noticing the disgust on William’s face. “Enough energy was instilled into the Mew to keep it alive briefly, and keep its body from decaying for many years.” Blaine put the lid back on the box, and set it aside. “After the Mew died, Jimmy passed out from exhaustion. When he came to, I lied to him – I told him I had burnt the dead body, and destroyed of the ashes. Jimmy was enraged, and he immediately challenged me to a battle.”

Blaine looked away, and closed his eyes.

“He crushed me, of course, with that Blastoise of his.” Then, Blaine slowly turned his head to William and he opened his eyes. “Just like you did today.”

“Excuse me,” William said, his eyes widening and his mouth turning into a frown. “What are you implying?”

“I am implying that I have never meant a good Oak!” Blaine snapped. “Your grandfather was a weak man and Jimmy was the devil himself! And that cousin of yours, Chris, he has more demons locked away in him than I do!”

“What about my father!” William asked, snapping.

“Your father?” Blaine sneered. “Your father used people as puppets William. Everyone saw him in a good light – but I saw him for what he was. A puppet master!”

William blinked, surprised, he seemed hurt.

“And…and Charlie?” William asked, stumbling over his words.

“Charlie…Charlie fell in love with someone who was almost as bad as Jimmy,” Blaine said, shaking his head. “What does that say of Charlie’s character?”

William turned away, feeling an odd stone in place where his heart should be.

“Why did you help me?” William asked, confused.

Blaine didn’t reply, for a long time, and when he did, he did not answer William’s question.

“You best get going. You are short on time, after all.”
Please note that Part Eight is not over yet. There is one more chapter to go, and then Part Nine will start.

Psyche
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

July 13th, 2011, 4:54 pm #467

Ooh, snap. Dead Mew ;_; Short but full of information. Gonna hop right on those daily updates?
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

July 13th, 2011, 11:01 pm #468

A very nice bit of story in there. I especially liked the parts about the other 2 brothers.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

TrainerBOB

July 15th, 2011, 1:54 am #469

[+] Replies
Psyche wrote:Ooh, snap. Dead Mew ;_; Short but full of information. Gonna hop right on those daily updates?
Yep! Daily update time! :biggrin:
LordQ wrote:A very nice bit of story in there. I especially liked the parts about the other 2 brothers.
Thanks Q, that, of course, comes in grave importance later. Be aware though, that Blaine's opinion is of course polarized by the fact that Agatha chose Samuel over him. Of course, there may be a seed of truth in his words.
Chapter Seventy-Six
[+] Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Six: Murderer

The old man sat on a stone platform that was elevated several feet above the wooden floor of the ancient building. His eyes were closed, and his legs were crossed in front of him. He was a short man, not an inch over four feet. His mustache was gray and unkempt and his beard dangled down to the bottom of his torso. He wore blue robes that were older than he was. And he was quite old.

Next to him were two golden poles, the only valuable things in the tiny ancient wooden house. At the top, torches were alit to flames. There was nothing of the new age in this house – no electronics, no lights, nothing modern could be seen in site. The old house was lit with true fire.

The old man was tired. He had once been the Leader of the Johto League of Dragons. He had betrayed the Elite Four during the Civil War of Johto, and he had leant his army to the rebels. He had done many things in his life, and he was now peacefully resting. But, his mind could not rest. A day was coming. A day he had been warned about, from a soothsayer.

He did not know that day was now, on this dark evening.

The large, ten-feet tall doors to this ancient home suddenly swung open, and the old man opened his eyes. The creaked open slowly, moving at a speed that fit his age.

The old man recognized the man that stood in the lighted doorway. The man that was smiling at him.

And the old man then knew the day had come.

“Hello father,” Lance said, smiling at the Dragon Master. He took a step forward, walking into the single-room home.

“Lance,” the Dragon Master said, his voice hardly that of a soft whisper. “You have returned to Johto.”

Lance wore his usually arrogant clothing. Beautiful, perfectly fitted silk blue silk clothes lined his body and over his shoulders was a heavy cloak that was woven for one who flew on dragons. Behind him walked his Dragonite, the gem of his Dragon-Pokémon collection. The Pokémon was grinning as widely as his master.

“Why have you come back here?” The Dragon Master asked, even though he knew the answer.

“To seek what I have wanted many times before,” Lance said, stopping when he stood not but five feet from his father. “Give me the Ancient Prophecy of Johto father.”

The Dragon Master rolled his head onto his side, studying Lance.

“You really haven’t changed at all, have you?” The Dragon Master asked, his voice not rising in volume. “You’re still the same arrogant man you always were.”

“The prophecy old man.”

“You realize, don’t you, that Johto will never accept you or another like you again? Of all the regions, Johto has become the most free, the most independent, the most democratic.” The Dragon Master shook his head, and chucked softly. “I guess we owe our thanks to you Lance. Had we not had you, we may not have lusted for that freedom.”

“The prophecy!”

“You were King of Johto Lance, and look at you now. You have become nothing but a tool.”

“I am so much more than a tool father!” Lance snapped. “I will be the ruler of Kanto! Yes, I will be given Kanto for my hard work!”

“No, you won’t be,” the Dragon Master said sadly. “You are going to die this time Lance. I know this. I feel this. Kanto’s government may have become corrupted and dark and evil, a polar opposite to those who watch over and guide Johto, but Kanto will never fall to you or Jimmy.”

“And how do you know what is happening in Kanto,” Lance asked, narrowing his eyes at his father. The Dragon Master smiled.

“There is a force at work that is ensuring the Ancient Prophecies of all the lands are carried out as the way they were intended.”

Lance laughed cruelly, throwing his head back, and allowing his cackles to echo throughout the building.

“Jimmy has already read and found the Ancient Prophecy of Kanto father! And the words say he will win!”

“Reading and understanding are two very different concepts, my son,” the Dragon Master said, with an odd glint in his eyes.

“You fool, the words couldn’t be plainer!” Lance snapped, losing his patience. “Now, give me what I have come for!”

The Dragon Master sighed, and studied his son.

“If I tell you the words, will you leave?”

“For now.”

“Very well then.” And then the Dragon Master closed his eyes, rolled his head back, and spoke the words that were once whispered to him long ago, when he first took on the role of the Dragon Master.

“Kanto and Johto are forever bound together,
Whatever happens to one will occur to the other.”

Lance stayed still and silent, waiting for more. When there was none, he asked:

“That’s it?” The Dragon Master simply nodded. “That’s all?” Lance laughed, stumbling backwards from his screeches. “All we have to do is control Kanto, and Johto will bend over, just the same?” Lance screamed with laughter, and his Dragonite chuckled darkly as well.

“You have what you want,” the Dragon Master said. “Now, please, go.”

“Oh, not so fast,” Lance said, sneering. “Just in case, there is one last thing I have to do.”

And Lance snapped his fingers. And Lance’s Dragonite rolled his head back. And then the Dragonite snapped his head forward, sending a yellow blast from his mouth. And the Hyper-Beam hit the Dragon Master directly in the face.

The old man’s heart had already stopped before his face even hit the floor.

------------------------------------------------

She was having trouble sleeping again.

Janine walked down stairs slowly, wrapped in a pink night-robe, blinking at the sudden light she had turned on so she could see as she moved. She had not slept well in weeks. Weeks of worrying about William, Chris, and the rest of the world. Weeks of thinking about every possible outcome – most of them bad.

And when she did sleep, she had nightmares. Nightmares about Jimmy. Nightmares about the legendary birds.

The worst nightmares were the ones when she grieved over William’s dead body.

He was so much like his father – Janine thought. In so many ways. William was taking on the impossible, and as far as Janine was concerned he was doing it without breaking stride. Janine smiled. William would beat Jimmy. She knew it.

Janine reached the downstairs of her tiny home in Pallet Town. She walked slowly to the kitchen, groping for things in the now dark as she made her way through her home. She was used to this nightly walk for a quick sip of water though – it didn’t take her long to reach her homely kitchen. And when she did, she flipped the light-switch, turning on the electrical light bulb that was attached to the ceiling.

And Janine found Jimmy Oak sitting at the table waiting for her.

Jimmy was looking at her, his eyes neither threatening nor friendly. His hands rested on the table with his fingers threaded together. He wore a black business suit, though he had removed his shoes when he entered the house.

Janine looked at him for a long moment, watching him carefully. For a half-second, she prayed this was another nightmare. But she knew it wasn’t. This was no dream. This was real and true. After coming to that unfortunate realization, her eyes flashed up for a brief second to the kitchen knives. They were on the other side of the kitchen – past Jimmy. She had nothing but her fists and feet to defend herself with. And while she was a fighter, Jimmy was stronger than her. She knew this.

“Hello Janine,” Jimmy said, his voice soft. After several seconds of silence, he asked her: “Would you prefer if I called you Jade?”

“No,” Janine said, her voice strong despite the fear that ruled her heart. “My name is Janine.”

There was another moment of silence in which neither of them said anything. Finally, Jimmy gestured to a chair next to his.

“Would you like to sit?”

“No, I’m good.” Janine replied coolly, trying her best to seem unwelcoming. Jimmy only smiled.

“You know, just as many of times I imagined you naked in bed with me, I’ve imagined you like this. Dressed like you are. In a home like this. In a simple house like this, with me. Like this moment – this moment right here. This moment is perfect.”

Janine studied Jimmy carefully, and asked softly,

“Have you lost your mind?”

Jimmy smiled.

“I can understand why this moment is not as perfect for you,” he said. “Please believe me Janine, I truly do love you.”

“No,” Janine replied, now angry. “No you don’t!”

“Janine, my doll, please, calm down.”

“No!” Janine snapped. “If I am going to die tonight, I won’t let myself die with you living with the illusion that you understand the concept of love!”

“Janine, Janine, Janine, my sweet dear,” Jimmy said, spreading his hands open. “And how can I not understand what love means, when it is all I feel for you? You know, I came here to kill you, but upon seeing you, I found that I have changed my mind. I’ll give you another chance. Join me. Join me in world domination. Join me, my love.”

“Never!” Janine spat. “And I’ve told you – you don’t love me!”

“Then what do I feel for you?” Jimmy asked. “What is this feeling that gives my headaches and nightmares?”

“That isn’t love! You want to know what you feel for me?” Janine asked. “It isn’t love – but I’ll be happy to describe exactly what your feelings are for me!”

Jimmy shrugged, leaned back in his chair, and gestured for her to continue.

“You don’t love me Jimmy Oak,” Janine said, hissing angrily at him. “You want to possess me! That is all you truly feel, an urge to own me. Everything else in the world you have been able to take – to own. And if you couldn’t do it with your smile or your skills, then you took it by force! But I – I was different from everything else. You see me as your only failure – because I’ve been the only thing that hasn’t submitted to you!”

“Oh, but Janine, you are so wrong-”

“No! No I am right! That is why you pursued me over Erika – because what a great testament to your accomplishments it would be to get the sister of the women who loved you! That is why you tried to force an arrange marriage on me through my father – because you had failed at obtaining my love!” Janine trembled, tears began to form in her eyes, and her chin dropped to her neck. “That is why you killed my entire team of Pokémon! That is why you have tried to kill my son…that is why damnit Jimmy! Because you want to own me! Not love me, but own me!”

Jimmy looked at her with disgust.

“Women are truly ugly when they cry Janine,” he said, somehow managing to smile and frown at the same time. Janine raised her head slowly, and looked at Jimmy in the eyes. His were relaxed and at ease. Hers were filled with hate.

“You want to prove your love to me?” She asked him. “Then stop. Stop trying to rule Kanto. Stop trying to kill my son. Stop what you’re doing. Turn yourself into the authorities. That is the only way you can prove your love.”

Jimmy smiled.

“I won’t take orders from you Janine. You need to learn your place.” Jimmy laughed. “Just think of the opportunity you’re passing up! I will be King of the World. You could be my queen.”

“And what about my son,” Janine snapped. “Where does he fit into the picture?”

“Are you seriously considering my offer?”

“Of course not!”

Jimmy smiled cruelly.

“Well, when you do change your mind, William will still be killed. I can’t have him live &#150; he is Richard’s child after all.” Jimmy shook his head. “No, no, I just can’t let a child of yours and Richard’s still be alive. William will die – just as his father did.”

And that’s when Janine started laughing. She rolled her head back, tears still streaming down her face, laughing at the same time.

“What’s so funny?” Jimmy asked, the confidence slipping off his face as quick as an avalanche. “What is so funny?” Janine still did not reply. “WHAT IS SO FUNNY GOD DAMNIT?”

Janine stopped laughing, and she let her hand roll back down to look at Jimmy.

“That’s just the thing,” Janine said. “Your brother is still alive.”

Jimmy stood up in a flash, and was on Janine quicker then she could react. His hands wrapped around her throat and he shoved her into a wall. He held up in the air against the yellow painted wall, her arms and legs trashed, trying to fight back, but failing to hit him.

“THAT IS A LIE!”

“Its…its true…”

“RICHARD IS DEAD!”

Janine just shook her head, not wasting her little remaining breath on the words.

“WHERE IS HE? WHERE IS HE DAMNIT? WHY WON’T HE COME OUT AND FACE ME IF HE IS STILL ALIVE.”

Janine whispered her next words softly.

“I don’t know…”

“TELL ME DAMNIT! TELL ME!”

Janine attempted to gasp for air; her entire body was shaking, trying to fight off Jimmy. As he shook her and banged her head against the wall, her limbs began to move slower and slower, until they went entirely still. Her eyes closed slowly, and her head drooped down onto Jimmy’s arm as he continued to shake her and scream at her.

Eventually, Jimmy blinked, surprised. He let go of Janine’s throat, and she fell to the floor like a dropped doll. She did not suck in for air. She did not move on the ground.

Jimmy squatted to the ground slowly.

“Janine…?” He said her name like it was a question, in a soft whisper. There were purple bruises around her neck where his fingers had been. Her body did not move.

Jimmy moved his head slowly to her chest, and felt for a heartbeat. There was none.

Jimmy stayed there for a long time, looking at the dead body of Janine Oak. He did not cry. He did not grieve. He did not moan. He just stayed there, squatting down, staring at her body, as if he was surprise it existed.

Then, after staying there for what was a very long time inside his mind, Jimmy bent down and softly kissed her on her lips. Her lips were cold and unresponsive.

And then Jimmy got up and left. He did not mutilate the dead body of Janine Oak. He did not carve his name into her skin as he had done to Bill. He did not order for an anchor to be tied to her ankle and her body thrown into an ocean trench. He did not cut her heart out. He did not chop her head off. He did not set her on fire, as he had done to Brock.

Jimmy let her body lie there in the kitchen, untouched, unharmed, except for the small bruises that wrapped around her neck.

That was Jimmy’s gift to Janine. That was his way of telling her he loved her.

And, as Jimmy exited her tiny home, he smiled to himself and whispered softly.

“I own you now Janine.”

------------------------------

Something horrible had happened. Agatha could feel it in her chest. Or, was something horrible going to happen? Agatha wasn’t sure of the difference any more. It all seemed the same now.

She was sleeping. She was dreaming. She was in a void of blackness.

Yet she could still feel the pain in her heart. Like she was awake. Like she was not dreaming at all. Agatha could feel the pain of events to come; of events to past. She could feel them. They were there, in her chest, beating along with her heart, the evils of the world.

But Agatha was not alone in this dream. She sat in the void, in the absolute darkness, somehow being able to see anyway. And next to her, watching her with a worried expression was her Gengar. His usual twisted smile was a worried frown. He was there, next to her.

The Gengar slowly patted her on her shoulder, and she felt the expression move through her. Her Gengar wanted to let her know that he loved her.

Agatha smiled – grateful for her rare condition. She had always had an odd, special connection to Pokémon. A way to communicate with them. She couldn’t speak to them; she was not that special. But Pokémon could show her their feelings, if they chose to do so.

It was a rare connection. She had gotten it from her mother; the condition could only be passed down genetically. And it always grew stronger with each generation. Her mother could do so much less than she could. Agatha’s Pokémon could do more then show her their emotions. They could show her their thoughts.

It was, after all, how her Gengar had showed her Lavender Town was under attack.

“I love you too,” she said to the Gengar softly, her words weak from the pain in her chest.

The pain. The pain that would not go away.

---------------------------------------------

William rode on the back of Tybalt as the Charizard flew over the rolling waves of the ocean. He had set forth to fly immediately after leaving the gym, when the sun was setting to his left. Now, as Tybalt flew through the skies, the sun was rising on his right.

William was heading for Pallet Town, where he would spend the day with his mother. He was on a tight schedule – this he knew. But, since William could die at any day and the end of the world could very well be around the corner, William figured he should spend at least one day with his mother. He did not know what he was going to do or what he was going to say. He just needed some time to spend with her – for himself and for her. Holding her hand would be enough for him.

William craned his head as Pallet Town came in sight. The town didn’t seem to have changed, though it looked so much different and weird to William. Maybe it was him that had changed.

“Land down there Tybalt,” William said softly to his Charizard.

Tybalt grunted, and bent his wings together, diving down to the ground. He landed with a large thump! in front of Professor Oak’s lab.

William jumped off his Charizard and quickly recalled his Pokémon, knowing the Charizard looked slightly menacing in the peaceful setting. William turned his head to the lab, and studied it for a second. Inside his head, he played out a scene when he stormed in and confronted Professor Oak for everything. But no, William told himself, not today. Today was a day for his mother.

William walked through the quite town of Pallet. He looked to the buildings and small houses, truly feeling as if he was seeing them for the first time. He watched as the wind blew through the grass, smiling at the way the grass curved with the wind. William was truly smiling. There was something strange about returning to his home town in the midst of a world crisis. It made him appreciate it more.

Had William been thinking, he would of thought it strange how empty the town seemed. Normally, even early in the morning, children were out playing, adults were tending to gardens, and the town was hustling and busy. But it was quiet. Silent.

But William’s entire mind was focused on his mother.

It was not until William saw his house that he realized something was wrong.

Because, there was a large crowd surrounding William’s house, and two police cars were parked outside of it.

William stopped dead, twenty yards from the house. His face was emotionless.

And then William saw two police officers carrying a black body bag out of his home.

William collapsed to his knees, unable to stand any longer.

He did not become aware that he was screaming until he saw people running to him.
THE END OF PART 8
[+] A few words.
Ugh. When I was editing this, I realized I use WAY TOO MANY fragments for dramatic statements. Whatevers though :sweatdrop:

At the very least, tomorrow, I will have updated Plot Summaries, all the way up to Part 8. What happens in Part Nine and Part Ten all pull from so many things that happened a long time ago, so I think everyone needs a few reminders.

Hopefully, I will also have the Preface of Part 9 up tomorrow as well, but no promises. Midnight premier of HP tonight, I will be tired.

Oh! I almost forgot. WHAT DID EVERYONE THINK? Probably wasn't too surprising, BUT STILL.

Mokona

July 15th, 2011, 2:36 am #470

. . .Holy. . .crap O_o I kinda saw that coming, but still

That was really well implemented and I'm slightly jealous
Stop making sexual references about my tangerines! D<

A Touhoumon Random Run, Scarlet Style
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

Eeveon

July 15th, 2011, 3:23 am #471

I never expected William's mom to die in the story. But as soon as it said Jimmy was sitting there in her house, I was like, "She's gonna die! D:"

Great chapter, though. I feel really bad for William, though. :c
Shit should go here. I just don't know what.

Mah DeviantArt page. &#8592; Unless you have a strange fetish for being bored out of your fucking mind, I wouldn't click that. :c
[+] Spoiler

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

July 15th, 2011, 6:26 am #472

That was a very nice chapter, of course. But you really need to edit your work more - there were more than a few typos, grammatical errors as well as problems with expression in there. Nothing too major though as it didn't impede my reading and enjoyment of it.
[+] Spoiler
Jimmy seems to personify Death rather well, if you ask me. If he visits you, you die. This is certainly something that you could have inserted in earlier chapters and made a point of showing off William and Co's survival of his very presence. After all, Jimmy should be some sort of legend. And what better sort of legendary category to allot him into than the very harbinger of death? This, in turn, would raise William and Co to legend status as well. It might do you good to show how ordinary people see William and Co versus the way they see Jimmy and Co.

As for Janine's death, it all felt rather pointless to me. It was reasonably handled yes - that's a given, you're no fool. But it just felt... unnecessary. In my opinion, it would have been more interesting to either have her escape or have Jimmy allow her to escape. That would've set things up in the rest of your story, such as Jimmy's continual pursuit of her, William's continued attempt to protect her, etc. In contrast, the current setup only sees William's rage at Jimmy increase further, even though it should already be more than high enough to warrant a quest to bring him down. It probably would have made more sense if Jimmy's pursuit of her was made more explicit and not just part of character backstory, ie - Jimmy visits Janine, Janine escapes, and then later on Jimmy finds her again and THEN you insert the way Janine died in this chapter. That would have instantly made it more powerful.

Lance's father's death also felt unnecessary, but I suppose it's useful in that it showcases Lance as another of the brutal types.

And yes, I realise you made a vow to try and torture us and kill everyone off. Note well that I don't exactly think that it's a good idea ><

The prophecy for Johto is interesting though. There's obviously another way of looking at the prophecy - if Johto is free now, doesn't it mean Kanto will be free again soon?
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

TeeFive
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym

July 15th, 2011, 6:16 pm #473

I've finished reading all of your chapters, and all I can say is that this has got to be one of the best stories that I've ever read in awhile. The plot and the darkness of the entire story really captivated me as I read, and it created a suspenseful feeling that kept me thoughtful of the things that happened, as well as thinking of what would happen next.

Also, the characters are brilliantly done, and the way they develop overtime is simply amazing (I personally liked how Chris' personality changed from being a total douche in the beginning to a very likable character as the story progressed).

Lastly, the plot twists practically forces me to carefully read/reread every single chapter and not miss out on the important details, as well as keeping tabs on them as the story progresses. That's something that I normally enjoy doing with a good book.

All in all, keep up the good work!
Fire Emblem Fates MyCastle Code: 09495-63327-65919-93109

Psyche

July 16th, 2011, 12:52 am #474

Oh no ;_; Well, it was inevitable I guess. And Lance is again proving to be an asshole.
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

TrainerBOB

July 16th, 2011, 12:49 pm #475

[+] Replies
Mokona wrote:. . .Holy. . .crap O_o I kinda saw that coming, but still

That was really well implemented and I'm slightly jealous
Thank you Mokona, I'm glad you liked its implementation! :smile:
Eeveon wrote:I never expected William's mom to die in the story. But as soon as it said Jimmy was sitting there in her house, I was like, "She's gonna die! D:"

Great chapter, though. I feel really bad for William, though. :c
Yeah, Jimmy's appearance tends to do that :sweatdrop:
I think you will all enjoy what happens next, concerning William.
LordQ wrote:That was a very nice chapter, of course. But you really need to edit your work more - there were more than a few typos, grammatical errors as well as problems with expression in there. Nothing too major though as it didn't impede my reading and enjoyment of it.
[+] Spoiler
Jimmy seems to personify Death rather well, if you ask me. If he visits you, you die. This is certainly something that you could have inserted in earlier chapters and made a point of showing off William and Co's survival of his very presence. After all, Jimmy should be some sort of legend. And what better sort of legendary category to allot him into than the very harbinger of death? This, in turn, would raise William and Co to legend status as well. It might do you good to show how ordinary people see William and Co versus the way they see Jimmy and Co.

As for Janine's death, it all felt rather pointless to me. It was reasonably handled yes - that's a given, you're no fool. But it just felt... unnecessary. In my opinion, it would have been more interesting to either have her escape or have Jimmy allow her to escape. That would've set things up in the rest of your story, such as Jimmy's continual pursuit of her, William's continued attempt to protect her, etc. In contrast, the current setup only sees William's rage at Jimmy increase further, even though it should already be more than high enough to warrant a quest to bring him down. It probably would have made more sense if Jimmy's pursuit of her was made more explicit and not just part of character backstory, ie - Jimmy visits Janine, Janine escapes, and then later on Jimmy finds her again and THEN you insert the way Janine died in this chapter. That would have instantly made it more powerful.

Lance's father's death also felt unnecessary, but I suppose it's useful in that it showcases Lance as another of the brutal types.

And yes, I realise you made a vow to try and torture us and kill everyone off. Note well that I don't exactly think that it's a good idea ><

The prophecy for Johto is interesting though. There's obviously another way of looking at the prophecy - if Johto is free now, doesn't it mean Kanto will be free again soon?
Thanks Q! Though, sorry about the silly errors, my editor has been out of town! I think hes back though, so future updates should be much cleaner!
[+] Spoiler
There are quite a few things I do regret about writing as I played. Its catching up to me now, but I do think I've learned from it. My next run won't be started until there is a completed outline, from start to finish.

Janine was a character that...well, she kind of had to die. There are certain characters that I've wrote myself into a wall with, and due to that I've been forced to kill off. Janine is one, and there are a few others.

Thanks as always for the feedback though - I do think my next run will flow a little easier plot wise! :smile:
T-5mash wrote:I've finished reading all of your chapters, and all I can say is that this has got to be one of the best stories that I've ever read in awhile. The plot and the darkness of the entire story really captivated me as I read, and it created a suspenseful feeling that kept me thoughtful of the things that happened, as well as thinking of what would happen next.

Also, the characters are brilliantly done, and the way they develop overtime is simply amazing (I personally liked how Chris' personality changed from being a total douche in the beginning to a very likable character as the story progressed).

Lastly, the plot twists practically forces me to carefully read/reread every single chapter and not miss out on the important details, as well as keeping tabs on them as the story progresses. That's something that I normally enjoy doing with a good book.

All in all, keep up the good work!
Wow! Thank you so much - I'm so happy you took the time to read all of it, I know how much there is. :sweatdrop: I'm glad you've enjoyed it, hopefully I'll keep you on the edge of your seat.
Psyche wrote:Oh no ;_; Well, it was inevitable I guess. And Lance is again proving to be an asshole.
Yes, sadly it was :=/: Lance is pretty much an asshole, there is a little backstory to him, but admittedly he does not have much depth.
Okay - thank you again to everyone for all the views and comments! I do want to take a moment to apologize for the amount of grammatical mistakes you may have seen in the past two updates. Sadly, my editor has been out of town, but now she is back and I believe will be editing from the Preface of Part Nine onwards. This just shows what a complete mess I am without her. So, I would also like to say thank you to Kyatenaru! Without you, this run would be kinda of sad. Please never leave me.

Now, apologies and thank yous aside, here are those plot summaries that were supposed to be up yesterday.

If you feel a little lost I suggest you read what you feel you are missing. If you don't feel lost at all I recommend you COMPLETELY ignore the plot summaries because they are long and are not worth your time.
[+] Plot Summary
[+] Part One
In the preface of Part One, Professor Oak reveals that he once had three children. His oldest child, Jimmy Oak, was the most ambitious. In the end however, it was that same ambition that destroyed Jimmy.
-------------------------------------------------
Professor Oak is getting ready to give away a starter Pokémon to William Shake (main character). However, he is not planning to give a starter Pokémon to his grandson – Chris Oak (rival). Daisy, Oak’s granddaughter and Chris’s sister, comes bursting in to Oak’s office, demanding he give Chris a starter Pokémon. Oak refuses, and Daisy accuses him of not trusting his grandson. But eventually Oak relents when he catches a Pikachu that perches on Oak’s window seal.

William and Chris visit Oak’s lab to get their starter Pokémon. Jade Shake, William’s mother, comes with her. William gets the Pikachu, and Chris gets the Eevee. They battle, and Percy (Pikachu) wins. The two boys go off on their journeys.

William attempts to challenge the Viridian City Gym, but the gym leader isn’t there. Then, he visits the next Route where he catches a Nidoran (Fleance). After that, William battles Chris, and William wins with relative ease – although Chris refuses to admit defeat. With that, Part One comes to a close.

Team: Percy (Pikachu), Fleance (Nidoran).
[+] Part Two
In the preface of Part Two, Professor Oak reveals that Jimmy challenged Flint, the gym leader of Pewter City, with his starter Pokémon (Squirtle). In the battle however, Flint was killed when his Onix was blasted backwards. At the time, everyone assumed it was an accident. Now, Oak believes it was done on purpose to scare the other leaders into submission. Oak ends the preface stating that Flint’s son, Brock, now runs the Pewter City Gym.
-------------------------------------------------

William catches a Caterpie in Viridian Forest and names her Desdemona. Then, he has a close encounter with a Scyther and suffers heavy blood loss. Fleance (Nidoran) saves the day though, and then Brock stumbles across William and carries him to the Pokémon Center.

At the center, William is healed thanks to Nurse Joy and her assistant Val, a beautiful young woman who tells William that a trainer named Chris killed one of Brock’s Pokémon.

The next day, William leaves the safety of the center to train his Pokémon, and Val quits her job to travel the world.

The next day, William challenges Brock, and wins with Desdemona (who is now a Butterfree), and Fleance (Nidoran).

Team: Percy (Pikachu), Fleance (Nidoran), Desdemona (Butterfree).
[+] Part Three
In the Preface of Part Three, Professor Oak reveals that the old Celadon City Gym Leader, Rain, disappeared five years ago. She was investigating the disappearance of Jimmy Oak. Professor Oak is sure it was Jimmy who took her. Now, Misty (Rain’s daughter) seems to be investigating the same thing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Brock, who is at his office, calls Misty and reveals that William might be a Son of the Three. Misty is unsure, but they decide to use Bill to investigate.

William catches a Spearow outside of Mt. Moon and names her Juliet. While visiting the Pokémon center, Nurse Joy warns him not to go inside Mt. Moon, because it is dangerous since Team Rocket is about. William goes anyway, and then Nurse Joy calls someone and reports that someone is coming in. She was a Rocket in disguise.

Inside Mt. Moon, William fights off against several Team Rocket members. He also comes across a boy who is dying due to a wild Sandslash. The boy gives William a fossil, saying he must keep it from Team Rocket, who is looking for it. Then, just as William is on the verge of escaping Mt. Moon, two Rocket Executives try to stop him from leaving. They are James and Jessie. William manages to defeat them both, and they escape. Then, the wild Sandslash comes after William, but Fleance evolves and scares it off.

William reports what he saw to the Police Officers, and then he gives the fossil to the boy’s mother. She gives him a Bulbasaur, who William names Brabantio. Following this, William heads to the gym, only to be told that Misty is at Bill’s house.

William heads to Bill’s house, but first battles his rival, Chris. William wins without any difficulty. Chris tells William that he should go visit Bill’s House, even though Misty isn’t there. Chris tells William he might learn something.

But first, William has to take the Nugget Bridge Challenge.

While William is battling through the Nugget Bridge Challenge, his mother (Jade), is at home. She gets a call from Bill, who reveals that someone is looking for Jade. Bill wants information – he wants to know where Jimmy is. Jade eventually admits that Jimmy is still alive, but she has no idea where. Bill demands more information, and when Jade cannot give it, Bill tells her he will simply ask of it from William.

Meanwhile, on the Nugget Bridge, William is facing the fifth trainer and his Mankey. William sends in his Spearow (Juliet), who William is confident will win with ease. However, a critical scratch attack cuts deep into Juliet’s chest. The Mankey then throws Juliet over the bridge, where a tentacle wraps around Juliet and brings her deep into the water, much to William’s despair.

Meanwhile, the mother of the boy who found the fossil in Mt. Moon is grieving. Just then, Rocket members break into her house, kill her, and take the fossil.

Over on the bridge, the fifth trainer reveals the trainers of Nugget Bridge are actually fighting for a spot on Team Rocket. In rage, William kills the fifth trainer’s Mankey with Percy (Pikachu). He then proceeds onwards to claim his prize. When he is given the Nugget from the man on the edge of the bridge, he toss’s it aside into the water. Then, he challenges the Rocket to a battle. Desdemona(Butterfree) is almost killed by an Ekans, but she survives. Defeated, the Rocket jumps over the Bridge, and is dragged under by a Pokémon. William calls the Police, and reports the incident to them.

Later, William travels onward. He defeats a trainer named Todd who has a Charmander, and then sets it free in disgust when it loses. William takes the Charmander in, and names him Tybalt.

Finally, William makes it to Bill’s house, who is waiting eagerly for William. Bill tells William a long story about the three children of Oak. The older one, Jimmy Oak, tried to rule the world. He first attempted to challenge the League, but he lost all of his Pokémon to the Champion. Then, three years later, he returned to the League, with the three legendary birds in his possession. He destroyed the Champion, and then attempted to take over Kanto. However – his two siblings stopped him in what was known as the Battle of Threes. Since then, all three Oaks had been missing, and presumed dead. However, Bill, Misty, and Brock are looking for Jimmy, since they believe he is still alive. William wants to know what he has to do with all of this, and Bill reveals that William is a Son of the Three. William at first denies the possibility, but after Bill reveals several key facts (records show Jade left for Hoenn and never returned, William’s personal information is kept safe in the highest Government electronic base, and parts of Bill’s and Jade’s phone conversation), William tells Bill out of despair that his father had a great destiny. Bill gives William a ticket to the S.S. Anne for his troubles, but it hardly helps relieve the despair William is feeling.

The next day, William challenges Misty. He demands to know why she sent him to Bill’s house. She apologizes, and tells him that she lost her mother to Jimmy, and wants to do everything she can to find him.

They then battle, and William wins with Brabantio (Ivysuar), and Percy (Pikachu).

Team: Percy (Pikachu), Fleance (Nidoran), Desdemona (Butterfree), Brabantio (Ivysuar), and Tybalt (Charmeleon).
[+] Part Four
In the preface of Part Four, Professor Oak reveals that for a short time, Surge and Jimmy were close friends. Now, Surge has no idea that Jimmy is still alive, and is very much afraid of him.
-----------------------

At his gym, Surge gets a phone call from Jimmy. Surge is shocked to find out Jimmy Oak is still alive. Jimmy tells Surge that a trainer by the name of William is coming to his gym. When he gets there, Jimmy wants Surge to kill William. Surge is reluctant, but after facing threats he agrees to the task.

William arrives in Vermilion City. He calls his mother (Jade), and he is slightly moody. He tells her he got a ticket to the S.S. Anne, and she insists he go. She makes an appointment for him to be suited for suit in Vermilion City. Reluctantly William goes to the tailor, only to be surprised by Val being the one to measure him for his suit.

Val and William exchange a conversation while Val measures William. William reveals that Bill is investigating the possibility of Jimmy Oak’s return, but Val doesn’t show much interest. Instead, she reveals that she is too going to the S.S. Anne. They both look forward to meeting each other up at the ship.

Later that night, William goes to the S.S. Anne, and is astounded by the size and brilliance. Surge is playing a Piano, and people are dancing. William meets Val on the dance floor, and the two exchange a close dance, where Val reveals she is actually a very pessimistic person. She tried to kill herself when she was younger, due to the fact that her father was rarely there for her. Now, she travels the world, seeking happiness, and trying to care for her younger brother. They grow closer in the conversation, and soon they sneak off to make out. However, Chris interrupts them.

William and Chris battle, and much to Chris’s surprise, William wins with ease. After that, the two exchange a quick conversation about the events at Bill’s house, and the part on poor terms.

William goes to find Val, but instead he runs into Surge. Surge asks William why he is a trainer, and William confesses it is because he enjoys it. Surge seems deep in thought, and he goes away to contemplate things. William then runs into Val again, and she gives him a gift. She then reveals that she is leaving on the S.S. Anne, much to William’s disappointment. Later that night, William opens up the gift Val gave him and contemplates using it for the upcoming gym battle.

The next day, William challenges Surge. After failing to defeat Surge’s Raichu with his Ivysuar, William sends in his Fleance, who has now evolved into a Nidoking. Nidoking defeats Raichu, and Surge concedes the match. He then talks to William – telling him of Jimmy Oak and his desire to have William killed. Surge tells William he is on his side, and recommends William continues the gym challenge. Surge gives William his Squirtle to help him along the way. Then, Surge goes into hiding, while William continues on his journey.

Miles away, Bill is busy working in his office, when a man interrupts him. The man reveals that he is the person Bill is looking for – Jimmy Oak.

Team: Percy (Pikachu), Fleance (Nidoran), Desdemona (Butterfree), Brabantio (Ivysaur), Tybalt (Charmeleon), Virgilia (Squirtle).
[+] Part Five
In the preface of Part Five, Professor Oak reveals that Erika fell in love with Jimmy Oak, and he her. However, when Jimmy meant Erika’s sister, Janine, Jimmy fell in love with her instead. But Janine refused to love Jimmy, she saw through him and knew that he was truly a horrible man. At the end of the preface, Oak reveals that Janine had to go into hiding since Jimmy is seeking revenge. She now goes by the name of Jade – and is actually William’s mother.
------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Oak is reading the column printed in the paper when he gets a phone call. It is Jimmy Oak – his eldest son. Jimmy tells his father that he knows the column has a hidden message containing a hint to his identity in it. Professor Oak is confident that someone (Bill) will figure it out, but then Jimmy tells his father to turn to a deeper page inside the paper. There, Professor Oak finds an article about the disappearance of Bill Yates. Jimmy laughs at Professor Oak, and then reveals he knows Janine has changed her name to Jade. He is looking for her, and Oak hangs up in panic. Then, Jimmy disguised as a deliveryman drops off a package at Oak’s lab. When Professor Oak opens up the box, he finds the dead body of Bill Yates inside.

Meanwhile, William has a talk with his team, asking for their support in the times to come. They all are ready to defend their trainer – no matter what. William plans to avoid Saffron, since Surge believes Jimmy will be waiting for him there. Instead, William goes through the Underground Passage back to Cerulean. There, he talks to Misty, telling her what he knows. Then, he goes to through Rock Tunnel.

Meanwhile, Jimmy watches Surge’s gym explode. Jimmy was expecting a trap to be left, and he is not surprised. Then he gets a call from a woman, he tells him everything is in place. The S. S. Anne will sink soon. Chris also challenges Erika, who kills his Ratticate with extreme bitterness. And Mr. Silph, president of the Silph Co., is worried about his company. His two children disappeared years ago, and his wife died in childbirth when she was delivering Mr. Silph’s second child. He visits his secret vault behind a painting in his office, and examines his most valuable object – a mew fossil.

Two days later, William emerges from Rock Tunnel and makes it into Lavender Town. He finds out news that the S.S. Anne has been sunk, and he grieves for the loss of Val. He attends a ceremony at the Pokémon Tower to mourn all those who died on the ship, and there he runs into Chris, who is burying his Ratticate. The two talk, and move closer to friendship and farther away from rivalry.

William heads on for Celadon City the next day. He is however intercepted by James who almost kills William with a Kadabra. Percy (Pikachu) jumps in front of the Psybeam though, sacrificing himself to save William. James is scared away by Tybalt (Charmeleon), and the Team Rocket Executive gets away.

Agatha, who is Professor Oak’s ex-wife and Jimmy’s mother, senses that something horrible as happened. She frowns, knowing she is powerless to stop it.

William mourns for the loss of his Pikachu, and he is greatly affected by depression. He makes it all the way to Celadon City, where he reports the incident to the police and then calls his mother. He is rude and moody towards Jade (also known as Janine).

Back in Pallet Town, Professor Oak pays Jade (also known as Janine) a visit. There, warns her that Jimmy is close to discovering her identity. He gives her an Eevee, and begs her to flee Kanto. Jade considers it, but then decides to go after William and help her son.

In Celadon City, William goes to the gym only to find Erika missing. The trainers there tell him Team Rocket kidnapped her. They kidnappers told the Gym Trainers that if the police were notified Erika would be killed. William decides to go looking for Erika, and the trainers tell him there is a casino called The Rocket Casino. William decides to start there.

At the Rocket Casino, William finds a hidden passage leading down to a secret hideout. He journeys down, and fights off against Team Rocket members. While down there, Tybalt evolves into a Charizard. Eventually, after defeating Jessie and James again, William makes it to the boss’s room.

Meanwhile, Jade (also known as Janine), has made it to Pewter City with her Eevee. There, Team Rocket is attacking the town, and Jade aids in the effort to defeat them. She is a very apt trainer, and also extremely skilled in martial arts fighting (being Janine, she is Koga’s daughter after all). Team Rocket is defeated in Pewter City, and they escape. Brock recognizes Jade for who she truly is, and he bows before her. However, she warns him not to tell anyone of her appearance.

Back in the Rocket Hideout, William confronts and battles Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket. Erika is dead, she was hung from the ceiling. Giovanni was torturing her to get information out of her. William defeats Giovanni (though he was losing purposely), and then the Rocket Leader makes his escape via an Alakazam.

The police swarm into the hideout, and at first they arrest William. But when videotapes prove his innocence, he is hailed as a hero. He is given the Rainbow Badge for his heroism, and is kept in Celadon City for parties and celebrations. Remembering he needs to keep his head low, William eventually makes his “escape” in the dead of night.

Back at the Pokémon Tower, Agatha is having a dream. Sabrina comes to her in this dream and shows her a future where the people of Kanto are worshiping Jimmy Oak. She also informs her that a trainer by the name of William Oak is going to receive a prophecy in the Pokémon Tower. But before Sabrina can deliver her final message though, the Psychic Trainer vanishes in thin air, screaming in pain. Agatha wakes up, and calls Lorelei, telling her they had to have a meeting of the Elite Four right away.

Team: Fleance (Nidoran), Desdemona (Butterfree), Brabantio (Ivysuar), Tybalt (Charizard), Virgilia (Wartortle).
[+] Part Six
In the preface of Part Six, Professor Oak reveals that Koga attempted to set Jimmy and Janine up to be married. Janine refused, and was thus cut off from her father’s money. Koga became a great ally of Jimmy, and Oak thinks that to this very day Koga still works for Jimmy.
----------------------------

As William is flying to Lavender Town on top of Tybalt (Charmeleon), he spots a fire on the ground near Percy’s (Pikachu) grave. William decides to investigate.

Meanwhile, Mr. Siph is in trouble. Ever since the sinking of the S. S. Anne (a ship built by his company), his stock had been rapidly falling. Some of his most genius inventors had disappeared, along with marketing plans. Either he is having very bad luck, or someone is trying to destroy his company. He gets a phone call on his private line. A man with a dark voice is trying to buy the Mew fossil from him – something Mr. Silph is shocked by since only his deceased wife and supposedly deceased children know of. He refuses the offer, and hangs up the phone.

Back to William, he finds Surge camped on the hillside near Percy’s grave. The two catch up – William tell Surge of everything he’s been doing, and Surge says he hasn’t found much. But their reunion is unexpected by an attack from Ninjas that was meant for Surge. William and Surge manage to defeat the Ninjas.

Early the next morning, Jimmy pays a visit to Koga. Koga reports that his ninjas failed to kill Surge, and Jimmy says that Mr. Silph refused his offer. Jimmy tells Koga that there are two trainers heading his way. Jimmy wants Koga to purposely lose to the first – Chris Oak. As for the second – William Oak – Jimmy says that Sabrina has already seen that William will win. But Koga will have the chance to kill one of his Pokémon – and Jimmy wants Koga to take that chance. Koga wonders idly if he is related to either one, and Jimmy reveals they are both his grandsons.

Meanwhile, William heads off for Lavender Town. Surge had reminded him to keep his head low and his name out of headlines, so William is planning to just breeze through Lavender Town and then head down to Fuchsia City. However, when William arrives in Lavender Town, he finds his mother collapsed in the Pokémon center.

Later, Jade (also known as Janine), wakes up in the Pokémon Center with William at her bedside. She then proceeds to tell William everything:

Jade (also known as Janine), is the daughter of Koga, one of the Lords from Johto. Prior to the Johto Civil War, the Elite Four and the evil dictator Lance ruled Johto. Koga sent his two younger daughters, Janine and Erika, to Kanto for safekeeping. Koga’s oldest child and his only son mysteriously vanished, and then his second child/oldest daughter was on the side of the rebels in the war.

The rebels won the Civil War, and set Johto free of its lords. Koga was banished away from Johto forever, so he came to Kanto to live with his daughters. He had lost all his money, so the family was living on a poor lifestyle. Therefore, Erika became the Gym Leader of Celadon City. Seeing how much money she made for a relative easy job, Koga decided to become a Gym Leader as well. He somehow made his way into Fuchsia City, where he became a Gym Leader there.

Then, “with all the right pieces in place” Jimmy Oak came into the picture. He instantly wooed Erika, but he forgot all about Erika when he meant Janine. Janine however did not return the feelings, she thought he was a pathetic worm. Jimmy tried to prove his loyalty to Janine by destroying Erika in battle, but the only thing it did was drive Erika and Janine apart.

Jimmy wooed Koga as well, and soon Janine’s father was attempting to arrange a marriage. When Janine refused, Koga cut her off from his money and she had to find a way to make a living on her own. So, she went to work for Professor Oak. However, she hated her job, she wished to go on a Pokémon journey. Richard Oak tried to romantically pursue Janine as well, but she refused him. She couldn’t love him – her jealously of the fact that he was to leave on a journey soon was in her way.

Richard Oak thus offered Janine his spot in selecting a starter Pokémon. She took him up on it, and chose a Bulbusaur, while Charlie got a Charmander. Professor Oak managed to get his youngest child a Pokémon though. Richard Oak was given a Pikachu.

Janine then began her journey. She caught up to Jimmy soon, who spent a lot of time in Saffron City and at Cinnabar Island. Jimmy did make it to the Elite Four first though. There, he made it all the way to the Champion, who killed off his entire team. When Janine challenged the League though, she won, and became Champion for a short time.

However, when Jimmy returned with the Legendary Birds, he destroyed Janine’s team, killing off every single one of her Pokémon. He would have killed her too, if it wasn’t for Richard Oak, her husband at the time. He saved her life.

After which the Battle of Threes happened, from which neither Richard or Charlie returned. Professor Oak then advised Janine to go into hiding. At first she went to Hoenn, but then she returned to Kanto.

Their conversation comes to a close, and a Chancellor from the Pokémon Tower walks in. She asks for William Oak, and Jade (also known as Janine) demands to talk to Agatha. However, Agatha is away at a meeting of the Elite 4. The Chancellor informs William that he is to receive a prophecy. William decides to ascend the tower.

Meanwhile, Agatha has a meeting with the Elite Four. She has no problem convincing Lorelei and Bruno that Jimmy may be back and everything must be done to stop him. Lance, however, is not convinced. And since the Champion is absent for the meeting (as usual), Lance is the one who decides what course of action to take. He decides that the Elite Four should not advise the Kanto government to take action against Jimmy Oak. As he leaves though, Agatha accuses him of working with Lance. He smirks at her, and dares her to prove it. Once he leaves, Agatha, Lorelei, and Bruno decide to go investigate themselves. Lorelei leaves to warn Articuno, Bruno leaves to interrogate Koga, and Agatha leaves to meet with her ex-husband, Professor Oak.

Back at the Pokémon Tower, William climbs the tower, being forced to defeat Chancellors as he goes. When he gets to the top, he finds the spirit of Percy, his Pikachu, waiting for him. Before giving William the prophecy, Percy warns William that Val, Richard Oak, and Charlie Oak are all still alive. Lastly, Percy gives William a thunderstone. Then, finally, Percy gives William the prophecy:
The first shall become the second
And he shall reunite the three again
It shall be up to you, William Oak
To stop him in the fourth battle
After defeating the five
Otherwise, the first shall rule
As the second, controlling the three
Until the end of time.

Percy (Pikachu), then vanishes, just as a Chancellor comes running in the room, screaming that Team Rocket is invading Lavender Town.

Back on the ground floor, prior to Team Rocket attacking, Janine explains pleasantries with Mr. Fuji – Agatha’s sister and the manager of the Pokemon Tower. He is reveals to Janine that Professor Oak never told Agatha Jimmy was still alive, and she just found out when she had a dream. Then, Team Rocket attacks, and a Chancellor runs upstairs to report the event to William Oak.

In Pallet Town, Agatha confronts Professor Oak angrily. He tells her nothing, but soon Agatha collapse to the ground when she gets a horrible feeling that something bad is going to happen. Someone will die – and their death will change destiny. She rushes out of Oak’s lab, and jumps on her Fearow to fly back to Lavender Town.

Back in Lavender Town, William and Janine do everything they can to help drive the townspeople off. At first, Team Rocket is winning. William battles against Team Rocket Executive James while Janine battles against Team Rocket Executive Jessie. James orders his Wheezing to explode, but a Psybeam from Desdemona (Butterfree), sends the Wheezing backwards. It explodes in James’s hands, killing him.

Meanwhile, Agatha, who is flying to Lavender Town, feels the horrible feeling pass. Whoever’s death that was doomed to change destiny has occurred.

Back in Lavender Town, Jessie is distraught. She tries to kill Janine’s Pokémon, but Janine’s Eevee (Eros), uses Hyper-Beam, killing her Meowth. Depressed, Jessie escapes via Alakazam. Then, Giovanni comes in on an intercom through the helicopters flying over the town on an electronic voice, and tells the Rockets they should all kill themselves for their failure. Much to William’s shock, the Rockets comply. The town is set on fire, and a helicopter comes crashing down on top of William. Agatha flies in at the last second though, and she saves William’s life.

The two go about trying to save the town, but they can do little since William only has one water-type Pokémon (Virgilia, Wartortle.) However, then Virigllia evolves into a Blastoise, and she easily sets out the fire in the town. But then – they find Mr. Fuji’s body.

Despite the loss, Agatha quickly meets with Janine (also known as Jade), and William. They tell her everything – including the prophecy. William then sends Janine home on Tybalt (Charizard), and Janine gives William Eros, her Eevee.

Back at the Silph Co., Mr. Silph has hired three new workers. They are all apt and smart, but Mr. Silph doesn’t like their attitudes. One of their names is Daisy Oak, and she wants to build several new projects, all of which she seems to have a hidden motive for. Mr. Silph denies her requests to build these projects though, and he sends the three new engineers to finish production of the Masterball.

When Janine returns to Pallet Town, she confronts Professor Oak about his lying. He snaps back that she has also lied – and is still keeping the secret of William’s sibling from him. Janine refuses to talk about the matter, and she asks where Daisy is. She wants to confide everything to her. Professor Oak tells Janine he hasn’t seen his granddaughter in a few weeks, which prompts Janine to ask Professor Oak why he always referred to Daisy as his granddaughter when she wasn’t even related to him. Professor Oak is very confused, but soon his mind wipes and he forgets he is having the conversation with Janine.

Meanwhile, in Fuchsia City, Bruno confronts Koga. But the Gym Leader was waiting for the fighting-type specialist, and he has him kidnapped by his Ninjas.

The next day, Chris challenges Koga, and the gym leader forfeits the match. He reveals to Chris that he is his grandfather. He also reveals that Daisy is not his real sister. Enraged, Chris leaves for Pallet Town.

Chris makes it to Pallet Town the next day, where Professor Oak doesn’t answer any of his questions. Janine (also known as Jade), takes him in though, and tells him everything. She also tells him the identity of his parents – Jimmy Oak and Jasmine, leader of the Johto rebel army. Jasmine supposedly died during childbirth, but Janine suspects Jimmy killed her.

Janine insists Chris spends the night, and he agrees to do so.

In Fuchsia City, William battles with Koga. In a close fight, he almost losses Desdemona (Butterfree), but she survives and Tybalt manages to finish the battle off. Koga concedes the badge, and William rushes to the Pokémon center to heal his Pokémon.

At the center, William watches on TV as Team Rocket assaults Saffron City. Their main objective seems to be the Silph Building. William finds Koga watching him, who tells William that if he wants to find out more about Jimmy Oak, he should go to Saffron City. William rushes off.

Back in Pallet Town, Chris watches the same invasion on TV. He too decides to go to Saffron City. He knows William will be there, and he wants to help him.
[+] Part Seven
In the preface of Part Seven, Professor Oak feels that he is losing his mind. He doesn’t understand where the memories of Paige come from, but he fears that Sabrina forced them into his mind. Oak reveals that many years ago, Sabrina revealed much about the powers of Psychics to the world. She was an agreeable person, and worked together with science. She discovered a hidden world, the psychic world, where everyone’s mind is connected. Some could utilize this connection, while others could not. For instance, when she meant Charlie Oak (Oak’s second child), she said that Charlie had the greatest connection than anyone she had ever meant, but Charlie could not utilize this connection.

But then, Jimmy challenged the gym, after spending a year in Saffron City, and something horrible happened. Whatever happened caused Sabrina to close her gym doors. She has remained hidden in her gym after all these years.
-------------------------------------------
William Oak is flying on his Tybalt (Charizard) to get to Saffron City. When he reaches the great city, he is attacked by a group of Rocket helicopters with magnetrons attached to the side acting as torrents. However, Chris comes to William’s rescue and the two escape to the forest outside the city. While flying down to the ground, Sabrina makes contact with William’s mind, and warns him that a horrible event is going to take place in the highest room of the Silph Co. Upon reaching the ground, William and Chris figure the only way to get in is to cut the power at the Power Plant.

Elsewhere, Giovanni and his army march into the city and then into the Silph Co. Daisy, a secret spy for Giovanni all along has succeeded in taking the Silph Co. She only left the highest room untouched, the room where Mr. Silph and his Mew fossil are waiting. She also gives Giovanni a special hacking computer program that is made to break into any security program in the world. As Giovanni boards an elevator with Jessie, Daisy reminds him of their deal. Giovanni tells her she can kill Chris Oak.

William and Chris arrive at the Power Plant and they go to cut the power. However, Zapdos surprises them by arriving. First, they panic, but then the legendary bird reveals he is not there to kill them but to help them. He cuts the wire with his beak, gives them some of his worldly wisdom, and then flies off.

Else where, Giovanni makes it to the highest floor with Jessie. Mr. Silph is waiting for him, with all seven Eevee evolutions guarding him. Giovanni battles Mr. Silph, and wins, killing all seven of Mr. Silph’s Pokémon. Giovanni demands to be given Mr. Silph’s Mew fossil, and Mr. Silph refuses to hand it over. Giovanni begins to torture Mr. Silph.

William and Chris arrive on the outskirts of Saffron City. Chris reveals he has a Kadabra, and they decide to see if the distance is short enough to teleport in. The teleportation takes them through the Psychic World. While there though, something goes wrong. Two hidden forces begin to fight over the Oaks, one claiming that Jimmy made him more powerful than any other. The Oaks suddenly find themselves in the Silph Co. with the teleportation complete. However, they are not on the President’s floor.

Instead, they find themselves the floor below, with Daisy Oak staring them down with a sadistic smile. She has a powerful team of Rocket Grunts behind her, and she informs the Oaks that she is going to kill them both.

Daisy reveals her back-story. Her parents were killed in a crossfire during the Johto Civil War, and then Jasmine took her in. When Jasmine gave birth to Chris, and Jimmy was the father, Jimmy requested Daisy to spy in Pallet Town, while she appeared to others as Chris’s older sister. She longed for Johto and hated Kanto. She hated her job working as essentially Chris’s baby sitter. And now, she plans to kill Chris and his cousin. But Chris poses they battle for his life, and Daisy can’t resist. They agree on the terms that the winner gets to kill the loser.

The six-on-six battle starts, with William watching closely. Chris starts of losing, and just when he seems to be catching up his Fearow dies from an explosion attack. However, in the end, Chris manages to pull off the victory with his Jolteon, Edward.

Meanwhile, Giovanni continues to torture Mr. Silph, demanding to be given the Mew fossil. Mr. Silph continues to refuse. Giovanni grows desperate, and threatens to kill Jessie if Mr. Silph does not concede. Mr. Silph doesn’t understand why that would matter. Jessie is on the verge of speaking when suddenly the building begins to shake (from the Explosion attack below). A painting falls off the wall, revealing a safe behind it.

Below, the Rockets stab Daisy in the back with a knife when Chris decides not to. They are on the verge of attacking and killing William Oak when Lieutenant Sarge comes up from the elevator. With two machine guns, he kills all the Rockets in the room. When more Rockets come up through the elevators though, Sarge tells William to go up to the President’s room, while he and Chris hold them off.

Meanwhile, Jessie manages to crack the code and Giovanni is able to open the safe. Inside is the Mew Fossil. Giovanni smiles, and proclaims that he now has two. Giovanni then gives the gun he has to Jessie, and orders her to use one of the two bullets on Mr. Silph. She shoots him, but first she calls him “father”.

Giovanni orders for the helicopters to pick them up, but they cannot. Zapdos has come into the air-battle, and is taking helicopters down right and left. After a sort conversation with Giovanni, Zapdos reveals that Giovanni’s brother convinced him to come. Giovanni proclaims that is impossible and that his brother is dead. Zapdos leaves and returns to battle, and Giovanni calls Sabrina and orders her to take down Zapdos.

William then arrives in the President’s room. Giovanni orders Jessie to shoot William, and she does, but she only manages to nick his left hand, taking a finger off. The battle between William’s Pokémon and Giovanni’s and Jessie’s Pokémon starts. Soon in the battle, a stray blast of water from Virgilia (Blastoise) strikes Jessie. The water washes her hair dye out, revealing her to actually be Val (William’s friend from early in the story) in disguise.

Meanwhile, the battle is not going while for Sarge and Chris. Sarge, weakened by the poison of an Arbok, is killed by a knife. His Raichu quickly follows suit in death. Outside, Sabrina and Zapdos are battling in the air. And, back at the Indigo Plateau, Agatha and Lorelei are forced to watch the battle on television helplessly. Bruno has been kidnapped, and if they make a move he will be killed.

Back on the president’s floor, William wins the Pokémon battle but Giovanni and Val escape onto a helicopter. William chases after them on his Charizard, but the helicopter they are in quickly blends in with a swarm of other Rocket helicopters that are fleeing in the city.

So, instead, William goes to help Zapdos battle Sabrina. At first, William is confused at Sabrina’s betrayal. But then, Sabrina’s Alakazam reveals that Sabrina has been under his mind control all these years. Jimmy had performed an operation on the Alakazam’s mind, making the Pokémon’s mind compatible with the mind of humans. Since then, Sabrina has been forced to act under Jimmy’s control.

William battles against Alakazam and Sabrina with his Pokémon. However, when a powerful blow is dealt to Alakazam, Sabrina manages to break free, and she herself kills the Alakazam.

Meanwhile, under Giovanni’s command, Val presses a detonator that destroys every other Rocket Helicopter. She presses a second one that destroys the Silph Co. Building. William is able to save his cousin, Chris, just in the nick of time.

For the next few days, the city recovers. Sabrina has little new information to give to William and Chris; her mind of Richard and Charlie Oak was entirely wiped.

After several days, Sabrina holds a press conference, when she tells her story. She admits that under the control of Alakazam, she killed over a 100 trainers. She warns the world that Jimmy Oak has returned. Sabrina is arrested immediately after the press conference.
[+] Part Eight
In the preface of Part Eight, Professor Oak reveals that Jimmy worked as Blaine’s lab assistance for three months while Blaine was inventing a machine that could bring fossilized Pokémon back to life. At the end of Oak’s journal entry, he says he is going in search of the Ancient Prophecy of Kanto. Every region has its own Prophecy, and they are said to apply to the region’s darkest time. Oak feels that time is upon them, and even worse he fears Jimmy has discovered Kanto’s Ancient Prophecy long ago.
------------------------------------------
Sabrina is declared guilty and set to be executed in seven days. She tells William the only way to save her is to reveal Jimmy, and in order to do that he must make it to the E4. That will put him on a crash course with Jimmy.

On his way to leave Saffron City (Chris is a day ahead of him), William runs into Val. For her service to Team Rocket, Val has received enough money to buy two plane tickets to Unova, citizenship in Unova, and land in Unova. She asks William to come with him, but they get in a fight when he refuses. She leaves, angry and upset.

Meanwhile, Lance leaves Indigo Plateau to perform an errand for Jimmy. Agatha contacts Blaine through a dream, and asks him to help William Oak on his quest. Blaine agrees, though he is still angry with Agatha for picking his brother (Samuel Oak) over him long ago. Else where in Cerulean City, Misty has a phone conversation with Brock. Brock has found a secret message in one of Oak’s Column that points to Jimmy being involved with Team Rocket. Misty then confesses her love for Brock, but their conversation is cut short when Jimmy kills Brock. Misty goes on the run, knowing she is next.

William arrives at Cinnabar Island and challenges Blaine immediately. He defeats Blaine in a quick one-on-one battle, and then Blaine agrees to tell William what he knows. He reveals that Jimmy tried to resurrect Mew from a mew fossil back when he worked as Blaine’s lab assistant, but the process failed since there was not enough energy to keep Mew living. All this concerns William, but he does not really know what it means. William leaves when Blaine shows of his hatred of all Oaks. He calls Richard a puppet master and said Charlie fell in love with someone almost as bad as Jimmy.

Lance arrives in Johto and goes to speak to his father, the Dragon Master. He demands to hear the Ancient Prophecy of Johto, and the Dragon Master concedes it. He says: Kanto and Johto are forever bound together, whatever happens to one shall occur to the other. Lance, gleeful that all they have to do to rule Johto is rule Kanto, kills his father.

And, back in Pallet Town, Jimmy kills Janine in the middle of the night. William arrives in the morning, and becomes distraught when he sees a crowd surrounding his home.
Update tonight! :smile:

lisalo
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

July 16th, 2011, 8:48 pm #476

Okay, I really want to see the fight against giovanni (all 3 starters will be great there)

TrainerBOB

July 17th, 2011, 4:05 am #477

lisalo wrote:Okay, I really want to see the fight against giovanni (all 3 starters will be great there)
That battle is coming soon! :smile:

AND UPDATE!

Part Nine

Preface
[+] Preface
Preface

I found the words. I found them deep in the Cerulean Cave, written on the cave wall.

They say that Jimmy wins. Jimmy will win the ‘war of Kanto.’

We have lost. This is all my fault.

I leave my journal here, on the ground below the words of the Ancient Prophecy of Kanto, so that whoever may find it will know of what happened, and more importantly, how it happened.

But...perhaps

There is the tiniest bit of hope left.

- From the diary of Professor Samuel Oak.
-Edited by Kyatenaru

Shortest Preface ever I think.

Comments, guesses, speculations? There is a reason Oak didn't say what the hope was. First of all, he's a little too...panicked right now to include all the details. You'll understand more tomorrow. I really am not trolling. Well, maybe a little bit, but not too much.

Longer update tomorrow :smile:

Shinymon

July 17th, 2011, 4:09 am #478

Giovanni comes back from Silph Co. Incident.
You beat the e4, and then the champion (whoever he will be) who informs you jimmy is at Cerulean Cave.
You then beat jimmy, world is saved, ETC.

Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

July 17th, 2011, 4:58 am #479

Thought this was part nine...
[+] Spoiler
Ah, Oak may have interpreted the words on the wall as "Jimmy Wins", but he didn't include the words in his entry. So we the audience won't know for sure until the end.
Hello. Let's play some music.

Kyatenaru
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym

July 17th, 2011, 4:27 pm #480

[+] Spoiler
Or maybe he's still hallucinating things...I hope...