Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

June 13th, 2011, 5:04 am #421

Chapter Sixty-Nine
[+] Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Sixty-Nine: Psychic

The old man banged his fist on the glass doors of Saffron Gym. The gym was tall and imposing; its shape was spherical, its walls painted a deep purple. It was not harmed from the chaos that raged in the sky; it remained untouched.

“Please, Sabrina! Help us!” the old man cried out in despair.

A burning helicopter fell from the sky, crashing down on a building nearby. The building went up in flames, and a fiery explosion blasted out the windows a few seconds later.

The old man banged hurled both fists against the door now. He was crying, but could not hear his cries over the roar of the flames behind him.

This was not the city he had fallen in love with as a young boy, not the city filled with opportunity and life, where people smiled and waved, where the brightest gym leader in the region made her home. This was a city filled with evil and death, where the gym leader spent her days locked away inside, where people ran screaming from Team Rocket.

The old man sucked in a sharp breath and punched through the door, shattering the glass and cutting through his fragile, spotted skin.

He took a step back, nursing his wound, drops of blood dripping from the gash. He looked up to the gym, tall and imposing. Ignoring him.

The old man screamed. He dropped to his knees, then screamed louder. Another helicopter dropped down from the sky, burning. It crashed on the ground just ten yards behind the old man, flames licking the once flying structure.

And then the broken glass doors of the Saffron Gym swung open.

The old man held his breath, as the gym leader of Saffron City walked out. Sabrina, the legendary psychic. Her black hair was smooth and silky, and rolled down to the middle of her back. She wore a full-body, purple leather suit that covered her from toes to neck. The skin on her face was eerily pale and smooth. The bone structure of her face was exact; her chin jutted out in a single point. Her cheeks lacked any fat, and she had a petite nose. Her eyes were large, wide, and brown.

Behind her walked an Alakazam. The eyes of the Psychic-type Pokémon were glowing and were fixed on the gym leader.

The old man, too, focused on the gym leader, ignoring the Pokémon behind Sabrina.

“Please, Sabrina,” the old man said softly. “Help us.”

He didn’t know why he was begging; as the gym leader it was her duty to help. But he felt like he had to beg, like he had no other choice.

Sabrina looked at the old man, but she did not acknowledge that he had spoken. Her eyes were empty, void. They lacked any expression. Her tiny mouth did not smile or frown. It remained in a still, single line.

Instead of answering the old man, Sabrina raised her hand in the air and let her palm face him. She moved robotically, her movements not wasting any energy on extra flourish.

An invisible force sent the man blasting backwards into the burning helicopter behind him. He screamed when his body hit the flames and the fire burned his flesh.

His screams were quickly silenced. Sabrina remained staring right ahead; she did not move to look up at the sky, despite the chaos that dominated there. Suddenly, the watch on her wrist buzzed. She turned her head down in a single, sharp movement, and then raised her wrist up, closer to her ears.

“Listen to me!” a voice yelled out of the watch. “I need backup in the skies – Zapdos is bringing down my helicopters left and right, dammit!”

Only then did Sabrina turn her head to the sky. Alakazam followed her gaze. The Pokémon seemed to be smiling slightly.

The irises of Sabrina’s eyes turned purple as she began to glow with the same color. Then, together, Sabrina and her Pokémon lifted themselves off the ground and shot up into the sky.

-------------------------

“Val!” William said, hardly believing his eyes. “Val…what are you doing?”

William could not believe what was happening. Val – the girl who he had felt something for. The girl who had mysteriously vanished. The girl who was apparently working for Team Rocket.

Val stood up, her body trembling. Her eyes were wide with terror and she leaned against the wall behind her for support. Her wet, bloodstained Rocket uniform clung tightly to her body, and her tangled hair hung down onto her shoulders.

“William,” she said, her voice barely above a whisper. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath.

And then her eyes snapped back open: wide, angry, unflinching.

“ARBOK, USE TOXIC!”

The snake-Pokémon jumped off the wall that it had been leaning against a moment ago and spat poison across the room towards William. Virgilia tried to shoot it down with a Water Gun, but missed, the water blasting through the ceiling.

William slid his body out of the way, avoiding the toxic waste. It hit the wall behind him, and there was a hissing noise as the acid ate away at the wall.

Giovanni watched the event unfold before his eyes; the corners of his cheeks tugged up into a smile.

“Val,” William stuttered, trying to speak through the pain that was throbbing through his hand. “Val, what are you doing?”

“I’m sorry William,” Val said, brushing a strand of blond hair out of her eyes. “But I’m not Val Silph anymore. My father is dead – I killed him. Jamie…my brother…he’s dead. You killed him. I’m Val of Team Rocket now.”

“…You killed your father?” William repeated, shell-shocked. “But…I thought your father was a sailor..."

“I’ve been lying to you William.” Val's words were short and sharp. “I’ve been working for Team Rocket all along.”

“How can you do that?” William asked, angry now. “They’ve killed so many people – Erika, Mr. Fuji, Bill-”

“You killed Bill, William,” Val said, her eyes cold.

“What?” William repeated, stunned. “No I didn’t!”

“Oh,” Val said. “Yes, you did. Don’t you remember the time when-”

“That's enough, Val!” Giovanni suddenly snapped. “Let's finish William’s Pokémon off. You can gloat while I kill him.”

--------------------------------------

Agatha sat in the chair of the golden room of the Indigo Plateau, her eyes glued to a small television set. The old woman never looked more weary and tired. Though she sat, her hand was tightly wrapped around a cane. Her eyes were opened wide, tinged red from long exposure to the bright light of the TV screen.

Lorelei paced behind her. She had never looked more like a mess. Bags hung below her eyes, red strands of hair dangled in a messy manner across her face. Her nails were bitten down to the quick, her teeth now biting her lips. Her eyes were filled with tears.

Lance stood several feet behind both of them, leaning against a wall, his eyes closed, looking bored, his arms crossed over his chest. He was smiling.

“Whatever happens is going to happen, Agatha,” Lance said. “Watching the television isn’t going to change anything.”

Agatha stood up slowly and turned around to face Lance, her eyes leaving the television for the first time in several hours. She used her cane to stand, her face flushed red with the effort.

“You may be stronger than Lorelei and I, Lance,” she said, her voice grave. “But I wouldn’t push me. Lorelei and I just may be able to kill you together.”

Lorelei turned her head to Agatha, her pacing interrupted. She spun around to face Lance, fists clenched, like she was expecting a battle to unfold right then and there.

Lance simply smiled.

“If you kill me, Jimmy will kill Bruno.”

Agatha’s face didn’t change at the threat, but Lorelei relaxed her muscles and let loose a soft sob.

“But you will still be dead,” Agatha hissed.

Lance laughed. “You’ll never have the courage to doom Bruno, Agatha.”

Agatha cocked her head backwards, but she did not remain facing Lance. Instead, she turned around and sat herself down. Her eyes went back to the screen, where a news station was reporting on the Battle of Saffron City.

Behind her, on the golden table, laid the letter that Lance had delivered yesterday. It was written in a twisted cursive handwriting.

Dear Elite Four,

I have Bruno. He is still alive – for now. But that could change very quickly.

Allow me to explain exactly how I will kill him if given the necessity. I will first cut off all his fingers. Each one, one by one. I will use a special, old, rusted knife, with a dull blade. I will not be able to cut off his fingers in easy, clean strokes. I will have to saw away at them. Each finger may take me ten minutes, or more.

Then, I will cut away all his toes, in the same method mentioned above.

Will I then proceed to cut away his arms and legs you ask?

No.

I will then proceed to order my servants to sexually violate Bruno in every single way humanly possible. By women, by men – he will be tortured.

What will happen next, to be honest, I haven't decided. My imagination is still working up a number of interesting ideas if Bruno still lives. So, just now that the final act that takes Bruno's life shall be the most horrifying moment

Lastly, you might like to know that this entire event will be recorded and sent to you for your viewing pleasure. I don’t think you will be able to resist watching this, and hearing his screams. Lorelei – would you enjoy seeing your love with others? I wonder if Bruno will give in to the pleasure?

For the most part, I hope this isn't necessary. If you follow my commands, it won’t be.

So here they are:

Do not leave the Indigo Plateau. Do not communicate with anyone after the reception of this letter. Do not communicate with anyone period. Do not do anything that would hinder my efforts or the efforts of Team Rocket.

You will stay and be good. Lance will communicate with me daily. If you remain well-behaved, Bruno will stay alive. If you do not, he will die.

I hope you enjoy your time watching the world fall under my control.
Sincerely,
Jimmy Oak

Agatha had read the letter once. Lorelei had read the letter dozens of times. She still occasionally glanced over to it, her eyes wide with fear.

Agatha had eyes only for the Battle of Saffron City. She whispered softly to herself, “Come on, my grandsons. You can do it…”

---------------------------------------------

The electrical blast from Raichu killed the first Arbok. An Iron Tail attack cut the second in half. A Mega-Punch temporarily stunned the third.

It was the fourth that gave Raichu his first problem.

The fourth Arbok spat poison into Raichu’s eyes, blinding him. Raichu stumbled backwards, trying to wipe the deadly toxins out of his eyes with his puny arms.

Then the fifth Arbok coiled itself up, and leaped forward like a spring. Its fangs locked around Raichu’s throat and squeezed tightly, injecting venom and withdrawing blood.

Raichu stumbled to the ground on his back, blinded and in pain. The Arbok drew its head back, ready to bite down again and this time kill -

And suddenly its head exploded.

The headless snake fell backwards to the ground, writhing on the steel floor.

Desdemona, the Butterfree, floated down until she was hovering just above the ground. Her normally peaceful eyes were determined and glowing a soft purple.

The three remaining Arboks hissed at the Butterfree, and then, together, they all sprung swiftly forward, attacking. Just as quickly, they were all sent flying back from Desdemona’s powerful Psychic attack. They slammed into walls and crumpled to the ground. Their spines had been shattered – they were as good as dead.

Desdemona turned around to face Raichu, her eyes returning to their normal peaceful look. She hummed sadly, trying to comfort the dying Pokémon.

“It’ll be alright,” Desdemona hummed. “William will get here soon…he’ll know what to do.”

But Raichu shook his head sadly. He no longer wished to live – his trainer was gone. The mouse inhaled a breath that made his chest expand, and then he exhaled it slowly.

He did not take in another breath.

Surge’s Raichu was dead, gone to join his trainer.

Desdemona bowed her head in mourning – but only for a moment. From several yards away, Tybalt, William’s Charizard, roared. Two Arboks had surrounded him, and a Rocket with a knife was sneaking up behind him. Desdemona lurched back into the air, returning to the battle, her eyes already glowing purple with power.
-Edited by Kyatenaru

Ugh, I've drag the Silph Co. Buisness on for too long.
Goal, wrap it up within the next two chapters. Or maybe three. :x_x:

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

June 13th, 2011, 7:04 am #422

[+] Spoiler
I'd be very interested to hear what's going on with Sabrina. Is it some sort of mind control? Or does she have some sort of vested interest in all this? As for Val... Gosh I'm hoping you have a happy ending for this. Not necessarily the cliched she realises her wrongs and turns against Giojimmy (I find it funny you still haven't confirmed them to be one and the same, inb4 Giovanni is actually one of the other three), but even just William kills her and she regrets the decisions she makes. Nice work on why the E4 is prevented from making a move, I liked it. And nice ending for Raichu. I expect a nice and proper burial for him, right next to Percy.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

Retskcaj
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

June 13th, 2011, 12:31 pm #423

[+] Something's been bothering me for a while now.....
You know, sometimes Jimmy is just so evil it almost spoils it. Not simply evil enough to kidnap a member of the E4 and use him as a hostage, no, he has to sit there and explain how he'd do things to him that would make Nazi's flinch. It's kind of the same thing with Team Rocket, how on Earth do these people get followers? I think Surge might be the only person from the bad guy roster who actually has a change of heart, everyone else is so devoted that they actually kill themselves upon failure like lemmings.

It just takes the bad guy role and reduces it to charicature, like a cartoony bad guy with a penchant for unspeakable acts. Jigsaw + Cobra Commander = Jimmy.

Sorry to kind of go off on a rant there, it just seems like you're trying too hard to make the bad guys as bad as possible. A simple murder can often be bad enough without the unspeakable acts of mutilation. I know you've already set the precident in this story, and I imagine it's actually kinda fun thinking up this stuff, at least in an abstract manner, but it's something I had to get off my chest.

With that out of the way, I have to say I really am looking forward to the resolution of this part of the story to see how it all ends up. Sabrina is obviously not a nice person, and with Bruno captured and the E4 all at each others throats, it makes me wonder how you'll write out the actual E4 challenge. Good chapter, well written, even with everything going on I had no trouble following the story, and that's a mark of a good writer.

Hope I wasn't too harsh on you earlier in this post, I still really love this run and I'll certainly be looking forward to your future works as well.

TrainerBOB

June 15th, 2011, 12:53 am #424

[+] Replies!
LordQ wrote:
[+] Spoiler
I'd be very interested to hear what's going on with Sabrina. Is it some sort of mind control? Or does she have some sort of vested interest in all this? As for Val... Gosh I'm hoping you have a happy ending for this. Not necessarily the cliched she realises her wrongs and turns against Giojimmy (I find it funny you still haven't confirmed them to be one and the same, inb4 Giovanni is actually one of the other three), but even just William kills her and she regrets the decisions she makes. Nice work on why the E4 is prevented from making a move, I liked it. And nice ending for Raichu. I expect a nice and proper burial for him, right next to Percy.
Thanks LordQ! And I'm glad you enjoyed the part with the E4. I've been trying to work that scene in for a few chapters, and it didn't exactly feel right until now, when the climax is almost reached.
Retskcaj wrote:
[+] Something's been bothering me for a while now...
You know, sometimes Jimmy is just so evil it almost spoils it. Not simply evil enough to kidnap a member of the E4 and use him as a hostage, no, he has to sit there and explain how he'd do things to him that would make Nazi's flinch. It's kind of the same thing with Team Rocket, how on Earth do these people get followers? I think Surge might be the only person from the bad guy roster who actually has a change of heart, everyone else is so devoted that they actually kill themselves upon failure like lemmings.

It just takes the bad guy role and reduces it to charicature, like a cartoony bad guy with a penchant for unspeakable acts. Jigsaw + Cobra Commander = Jimmy.

Sorry to kind of go off on a rant there, it just seems like you're trying too hard to make the bad guys as bad as possible. A simple murder can often be bad enough without the unspeakable acts of mutilation. I know you've already set the precident in this story, and I imagine it's actually kinda fun thinking up this stuff, at least in an abstract manner, but it's something I had to get off my chest.

With that out of the way, I have to say I really am looking forward to the resolution of this part of the story to see how it all ends up. Sabrina is obviously not a nice person, and with Bruno captured and the E4 all at each others throats, it makes me wonder how you'll write out the actual E4 challenge. Good chapter, well written, even with everything going on I had no trouble following the story, and that's a mark of a good writer.

Hope I wasn't too harsh on you earlier in this post, I still really love this run and I'll certainly be looking forward to your future works as well.
Lol, don't worry, you aren't the first person to tell me this about Jimmy. :sweatdrop: In fact, in this very last chapter, my editor had me edit back on the letter a bit (yes, there was even more). I know when you're coming from, and I do think in some ways I took Jimmy to far. But, at the same time, I've really enjoyed writing Jimmy, and he's taught me a lot about villains. I'm rather excited for what I have in plan for future villains, I'm aiming of course to make them original characters, but working with Jimmy has taught me a thing or two about character building.

And thank you - I'm relived to hear that you had no trouble following it. I have a bad habit of making too many important things happen at once, and I know that can get confusing. Its good to know that I'm not losing anyone, lol.

And,
[+] Spoiler
Eh, a little spoilery?
[+] Spoiler
I am so pumped for the E4 scene(Yes, I do make it there). I think I have something really exciting planned, that will keep my readers on their toes the entire time.
Thanks as always for the comments! :smile: New chapter coming this friday!

TrainerBOB

June 18th, 2011, 1:29 am #425

Update time!

In order to get the full impact of this update, I recommend you reread the prelude to this part. HERE
It isn't necessary; but it was been awhile, so you may not get the significance of this chapter's end otherwise...

Chapter Seventy
[+] Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy: The Second Battle

Two against two. This was it.

Val’s Arbok slithered across the cold floor, not daring enough to get close to Virgilia, but too quick to be hit by a Water Gun attack.

Fleance wrestled with Giovanni’s Nidoqueen, the two Pokémon equally matched as they fought to be the one on top. Their battle displayed their great strength and power, but neither could hold the advantage.

Val’s eyes were passionate, and her blond hair had been brushed behind her shoulders. Her teeth ground together as she barked orders at her Pokémon.

Giovanni’s features were relaxed and calm. He did not seem concern or worried; in fact, he seemed to be enjoying himself. The fingers of his hands were threaded together behind his back, and he watched the battle between his Pokémon and William’s intently.

William’s left hand was still bleeding. He had torn of a sleeve of his shirt and had wrapped it around the wound, but the cloth had already turned deep red, and he could feel the hand throbbing. William held his left hand against his chest with his right hand. His body was bent over, his back arching like he was an old lady. Sweat had broken across his face, and his mouth was twisted into a painful grimace.

“Fleance,” William shouted, “use Mega Punch!”

The Nidoking was currently on the ground, beneath the Nidoqueen. He brought up his purple fist and punched the Nidoqueen’s stomach. She grunted, but she managed to hold Fleance to the ground despite the blow.

“Again,” William said out of desperation.

Fleance performed the same attack, with the same results.

“Tch, tch,” Giovanni said, shaking his head. “So disappointing. Here I was hoping you might be as good as battler as your mother. Thing might be interesting then. But…you aren’t. Pity.”

“Don’t talk about my mother!” William snapped. “How do you even know her?”

Giovanni only laughed, but he did not answer William’s question.

“Fleance! Flip her over!”

Fleance struggled to roll over, but he could not move under the Nidoqueen’s weight.

Someone had finally taken the advantage. Giovanni grinned wickedly, then gave his command.

“Horn Drill.”

------------------

Zapdos jolted his wings back and shrieked as he sent an electrical attack at an incoming helicopter. The machine exploded, and the remains went spinning down to the ground. Feeling something behind him, Zapdos spun around to face it.

Sabrina and her Alakazam floated not ten yards away, both pairs of eyes glowing purple with power.

Zapdos snarled.

“Do you think I am ignorant to as what is going on here?” the Legendary Pokémon asked. “I am on to your secret. What you have done has violated nature, and you have killed innocents. You will pay for your crimes.”

“Don’t lecture me,” Sabrina said. She spoke robotically, her voice and face were void of expression. “You think you are powerful? I am so much more powerful than you are now, Zapdos.”

“Fool,” Zapdos hissed. “You think you have been made into a god, but in truth you have been made into a puppet.”

Sabrina’s face remained expressionless, but the Alakazam that floated besides her grinned.

“You say I am the puppet?” Sabrina asked. "I am the puppet master. I AM IN CONTROL.”

“So you answer to no one - not even Jimmy Oak?”

“Jimmy Oak made me into what I am,” Sabrina responded, unblinking and unmoving. She stayed completely still; the only signs of life was that her mouth moved. “He respects me!”

“He is using you!”

“I grow bored of this conversation. Let us fight, so I may imprison you for my master.”

“You consider yourself more powerful than I. Why not fight me alone?” Zapdos challenged.

The Alakazam looked up to Sabrina. “Why give up a sure thing?” she said, without emotion.

And then, in a split second, Sabrina raised her hands up in front of her and an invisible blast of psychic power surged forth from her palms. It struck Zapdos, sending the Legendary Pokémon barreling backwards. Zapdos shrieked, and from the tips of his wings a Thunder attack shot forth.

Alakazam raised a spoon in the air, while Sabrina’s eyes glowed even more. The air became dense, forming a solid wall, which the electrical attack struck.

Zapdos landed on his back on top of a large building, but with two powerful strokes of his wings he was back in the sky, his eyes gleaming darkly.

Alakazam pointed both of his spoons at the incoming Pokémon, and a beam of multiple colors shot forth. Zapdos twisted in midair, avoiding the attack, and then let loose another electrical charge. Sabrina and Alakazam swerved, avoiding the attack.

“You would kill an innocent?” Sabrina asked Zapdos as the Pokémon flew past.

“There comes a point where sacrifices must be made!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The horn on Nidoqueen’s head begin to spin and whirl like a mechanical device. She drove her head down towards Fleance, aiming to strike right into his heart. Suddenly, a Water Gun attack struck the Nidoqueen, knocking the Pokémon backwards. The Nidoqueen landed on the floor with a thud, and then struggled to get to her knees.

Fleance slowly got up, his body trembling. Even the brave Nidoking was scared by how close he had come to death.

Giovanni’s face turned red, and his eyes snapped to Virgilia, the attacker.

“You-”

“All's fair in love and war Giovanni,” William cut him off, trying his best to attempt a grin. William turned his head to Virgilia, and nodded a silent thanks. He was lucky she had come to the rescue – he had not even ordered her too. The pain in his hand was getting to be too much…

“Are you just going to let that happen?” Giovanni snapped at Val - but Val was no longer focused on the battle. She was crouching over the dead body of an Arbok. One of Virgilia’s attacks had finally made contact and broken the Pokémon’s spine.

Val’s hands shook, and she let out a gasping, desperate breath. She raised her head slowly to look up at William. She tried to speak, but no sounds came out of her mouth, though her lips moved. Her eyes, however, spoke volumes.

William was mesmerized as he looked into Val’s eyes. There were so many conflicting emotions lying there. Emotions that had either been dormant in their past conversations, or just hidden away. There was hate – hatred for both William and herself. There was fear, there was depression, there was confusion - and something else, something William could not identify....

William tore his eyes away from Val, reminding himself that she was both a killer and a Team Rocket executive.

“Two on one now Giovanni,” William said, as Virgilia marched over to stand besides Fleance. The Blastoise, once a scared little Squirtle, was now just as powerful as any other Pokémon on William’s team. Confidence beamed in her eyes. It was a look that did not give confidence to Giovanni or his Nidoqueen.

Giovanni licked his lips nervously, and cautiously took a step back. He was about five feet away from the broken window. His eyes darted out towards it, and then his nervousness slid of his face and was replaced with a smile.

Suddenly, the loud sound of a chopper filled the air.

“Hold them off!” Giovanni ordered to his Nidoqueen as he turned to the window. The Pokémon charged forward, and performed a Mega Punch on Virgilia, sending the Blastoise onto her back. She squirmed, unable to right herself. The Nidoqueen turned and locked arms with Fleance, and the two Pokémon once more engaged in a fight of strength.

“NO!” William yelled, but it was too late. The Rocket Helicopter was floating next to the window, about five feet away from the ledge. Val had run over to Giovanni and was standing next to him, her blond hair blowing in the force of the wind.

Giovanni was holding something round and wrapped in cloth. His eyes darted down to it greedily, then flashed back up to William.

“Sorry William Oak, but the fates are against you! I will win this war! KANTO AND THE REST OF THE WORLD IS MINE!” Giovanni turned and jumped. His leap propelled him across the five feet of space between the Silph Co. and the helicopter.

Val stood on the ledge of the broken window, her hand on the side of a beam, and her head tilted down to the ground below. She was over fifty floors up. It was a long way down.

“VAL!” William yelled. He don’t know what made him scream; he said the name automatically. Her head spun around to look at him, her eyes wide and confused.

Somebody on the helicopter spoke, causing her head to turn back to the hovering machine. She closed her eyes, swallowed, and then jumped.

“VAL!” William yelled. There was a flash of red light, and the Nidoqueen Fleance was fighting with was called back to her ball. William ran to the window, but the helicopter had already taken off.

---------------------------------------------------

Chris tapped his Jolteon with his Pokeball, recalling the Pokémon back inside his ball. He raised his head slowly to look at the damage that had been caused.

The room was a complete mess. Bodies were piled up everywhere, Pokémon and Rockets alike. Surge was dead. His Raichu was dead.

But Tybalt, Eros, and Desdemona were all still alive. The battle on the floor had been won, but it had come at a great price.

Chris walked slowly over to Tybalt, the Charizard. There was something like weariness in the Pokémon’s eyes. He was looking at the ground. Chris gently placed his hand on Tybalt’s shoulder. The Charizard spun his head around to Chris and snarled angrily, causing Chris to flinch, but then Tybalt’s gaze softened, and he drooped his head back to stare at the ground. Chris squeezed the Charizard's shoulder.

The door leading to the stairs banged open, and William ran out, his right hand clenched around his left. Tiny drops of blood from his left hand fell to the ground. His head spun around, and, breathing heavily, he asked:

“Is everyone alright?”

Chris shook his head sadly. He tried to swallow around a lump in his throat, but couldn’t.

“Surge. And Raichu,” he said in a weak, broken voice.

William’s eyes widened, and his eyes dropped to the ground, searching for the bodies. His eyes found Surge first, with his throat cut open, and his eyes still wide. Raichu’s body was just a few feet away.

“Damn,” William said. He bit down on his lips, and he closed his eyes for a second, trying to hold back the tears, but his eyes snapped back open a second later.

“There isn’t time for this! Giovanni is making his getaway. Tybalt, we’ve got to stop him.”

Tybalt raised his head and roared agreement. Using his right hand, William recalled his remaining Pokémon, and ran over to jump onto Tybalt’s back.

“Get out of here Chris,” William said. “I’ll see you soon.”

Chris nodded, acknowledging that William would go alone to stop Giovanni. At this point, he was useless. All of his Pokémon were too weak to fight.

“Go, Tybalt!” William ordered.

Tybalt roared, and from his jaws a torrent of flames leapt forth. They shattered through a window, and then Tybalt shot forward, like a bullet from a gun.

Chris watched them go, his eyes filled with concern. Then, he turned and started to run towards the stairs exit. He would have to come back for the dead bodies of Sarge and Raichu later - his Pokemon needed medical attention.

But the electricity was still off. Chris would have to run all the way down the stairs, and hope he did not run into any more Rockets.

-------------------------------------------------------------

William sat on Tybalt’s back, soaring outside of the Silph Co. building. He stared up at the sky.

There were over fifty black helicopters with the red ‘R’ branded on the side, all of them fleeing Saffron City. William watched them go, his eyes filled with fear and anger. He had no idea which one Giovanni and Val where in.

But that was when William heard the shriek. It sounded like a Pokémon in pain. His head spun around.

Zapdos was lying on his back on top of a building that was several blocks away from the Silph Co. He was shrieking in pain. The building that Zapdos was on top of was no more than ten floors high, but William, who was almost fifty floors up, could hear the bird's cries.

“Tybalt – Zapdos!” Tybalt turned his head, and then changed direction, flying towards the suffering Pokémon.

As they neared the building, the details became clearer for William. He began to see that Zapdos was under attack by two figures – Sabrina and her Alakazam.

“FLAMETHROWER!” William yelled over the speed of the wind when they had gotten close enough to the building. Charizard snarled, and breathed a powerful blast of flames.

Sabrina turned her head towards the incoming attack and raised her palms. A shield went up, preventing the attack from reaching her.

Tybalt landed on the concrete roof, and William jumped off.

Zapdos lay on his back, breathing heavily. Invisible constrains chained him to the building, keeping him still. His eyes were locked on William Oak, who examined Zapdos with concern.

“Why did you come?”

“Sometimes, revenge is too tempting, young one,” Zapdos said, the pain in his voice clear as day.

William turned to face Sabrina and Alakazam. As William’s eyes turned towards the Alakazam, his eyes widened. He had seen that specific Alakazam before – in Giovanni’s office.

William brought his face back up to Sabrina.

“Why are you doing this? I thought you were on our side!”

“What side do you speak of?” Sabrina asked William, her face void of expression and life.

“Our side! The side against Team Rocket! The good guys!”

“You are so arrogant,” Sabrina said. Though her words were ones of contempt, her tone remained dull. She did not move her body; she stayed completely still.

“Why? Why did you help me then?” William asked. “Was it to lead me into a false sense of security?”

“The help you received was…unintentional,” Sabrina said.

William wondered why she did not attack him. Was she enjoying this?

“Were you the one that put Chris and I on the floor below the President’s room?”

“Yes.”

“Was that your voice?” William demanded. “The voice that called us fools.”

“Yes,” Sabrina said. “It was.”

“It didn’t sound like your voice!” William snapped.

“It was my voice,” Sabrina said. “But it was not Sabrina’s voice.”

The words sent a chill through William’s heart.

“What?”

“You are indeed a fool,” Sabrina said. “You don’t think Sabrina is in charge do you? She hasn’t been in charge in over 19 years. Ever since Jimmy Oak helped me, she has been left to a quiet corner of her mind. She has gotten out a few times…but she has never broken free.”

“What are you talking about?” William demanded. “Who are you?”

“Idiot” Sabrina said, her voice and eyes still lacking any emotion. “I am in charge. I – Alakazam – have taken over Sabrina’s mind and power. She is my tool to use – my tool to use in the name of Jimmy Oak!”

William slowly turned his head to look at Alakazam, his expression shocked.

“…But…that’s impossible.”

The Alakazam grinned at William, and Sabrina said:

“Jimmy Oak is the world’s next god. Nothing is impossible.”
-Edited by Kyatenaru

[/i]
[+] A Few Thougths...
WARNING: DO NOT CLICK BELOW UNLESS YOU HAVE READ THIS CHAPTER FIRST.
[+] Spoiler
Yes, yes, yes.
For those of you who remember the prelude, you know why this is a big deal. The prelude itself stated that the minds of humans and Pokemon could not interact.
So what the hell am I doing?
You'll see next update! :v:
In other news, the original plan was to NOT include Sabrina in the whole Silph Co. fiasco. But, I decided to throw her in for length reasons. Part 7 will now be wrapped up in two-three more chapters. Other wise, Part 7 would have been wrapped up in four-five more chapters.

And I'm eager to get to Part 8. Where some VERY exciting stuff happens.

So...next chapter...
Sabrina vs. William

Make predictions and what not. I'll be back next Friday to troll some more. :v:

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

June 18th, 2011, 5:31 am #426

That was indeed an excellent update.
[+] Spoiler
Something that'll tickle you, I thought the reason you directed us to the preface was the part about Sabrina identifying the possibility of psychic powers in Charlie Oak, and that this had some effect on the story. Something like Giovanni actually being Charlie and not Jimmy like we still believe.

But yes, I see where you're taking this, I think. What with that premonition to the future I think Agatha had of masses of people calling out Jimmy Oak's name in reverence, it certainly does seem like he's planning to possibly use the Mew fossil and create Mewtwo to imprison the entire world. Here's to hoping Sabrina can break out of her mental prison.

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler

TrainerBOB

June 18th, 2011, 4:19 pm #427

LordQ wrote:That was indeed an excellent update.
[+] Spoiler
Something that'll tickle you, I thought the reason you directed us to the preface was the part about Sabrina identifying the possibility of psychic powers in Charlie Oak, and that this had some effect on the story. Something like Giovanni actually being Charlie and not Jimmy like we still believe.

But yes, I see where you're taking this, I think. What with that premonition to the future I think Agatha had of masses of people calling out Jimmy Oak's name in reverence, it certainly does seem like he's planning to possibly use the Mew fossil and create Mewtwo to imprison the entire world. Here's to hoping Sabrina can break out of her mental prison.
Thanks LordQ! :smile:
And...I kind of figured/hope that everyone would be thinking that when they went to read the prelude. :sweatdrop: I hope it made the ending slightly surprising.

Also, some exciting news, I will probably be updating again later today!

Destroyanator

June 19th, 2011, 2:28 am #428

hmmmm........... a fascinating chapter....... very very interesting.... I'd like to suggest a theory that's been bouncing around my head for a while:
[+] Spoiler
The prophecy given to William Oak states that unless he stops jimmy, "the first(Jimmy) will rule as the second". Now, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Chris Oak the second son of three? and he has the huge psychic potential? maybe Jimmy has some way to allow Chris to control his apparently vast psychic abilities, and will just take over Chris body with Bill's brain transfer machine. or use mewtwo to control Chris's psychic powers, just like Alakazam is controlling Sabrina

tl;dr: Jimmy going to take over chris's superbrain.
I have to say, one of my new favorite characters is Zapdos. He's just so badass.

TrainerBOB

June 19th, 2011, 2:51 am #429

Destroyanator wrote:hmmmm........... a fascinating chapter....... very very interesting.... I'd like to suggest a theory that's been bouncing around my head for a while:
[+] Spoiler
The prophecy given to William Oak states that unless he stops jimmy, "the first(Jimmy) will rule as the second". Now, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Chris Oak the second son of three? and he has the huge psychic potential? maybe Jimmy has some way to allow Chris to control his apparently vast psychic abilities, and will just take over Chris body with Bill's brain transfer machine. or use mewtwo to control Chris's psychic powers, just like Alakazam is controlling Sabrina

tl;dr: Jimmy going to take over chris's superbrain.
I have to say, one of my new favorite characters is Zapdos. He's just so badass.
Thanks Destroyantor, I'm glad you found it fascinating! :smile:
[+] Spoiler
When you say Chris, I think you mean Charlie?
Charlie Oak is the second child of Professor Oak, and Sabrina did indeed say that Charlie had an incredible psychic connection to the other world.
Nice theory - I won't say how close it is - if it is close - to the truth though :wink:
And I enjoy Zapdos as well. Sadly I won't introduce the other legendary birds as characters though. Not enough time, and I only really needed to introduce one.

lisalo
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

June 19th, 2011, 3:03 pm #430

One question: Is there a live Mew on this line, or are they just fossils?

Other than tat, great story, keep it up. Also, did you finish the challenge already? If so, did you do so using this team (not boxing, I don't want deaths to be spoilt yet).

TrainerBOB

June 19th, 2011, 7:03 pm #431

[+] replies!
lisalo wrote:One question: Is there a live Mew on this line, or are they just fossils?

Other than tat, great story, keep it up. Also, did you finish the challenge already? If so, did you do so using this team (not boxing, I don't want deaths to be spoilt yet).
Thank you lisalo! :smile:
I can't really answer either one of your questions though; I will say that the run in-game is over, but whether I won or lost will be revealed with time :wink:
And now update time - EXTRA EARLY! :biggrin:
Chapter Seventy-One
[+] Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-One: Sabrina vs. William Oak

“I don’t understand,” William said, his eyes flashing between Sabrina and the Alakazam, not sure whom to speak to. “It's impossible for you to be controlling Sabrina – the minds of Pokémon and humans can’t interact.”

Sabrina’s face remained expressionless, her eyes completely empty.

“When Jimmy Oak first came to Saffron City, he did not challenge Sabrina immediately,” Sabrina said. “Instead, he spent several weeks in the library, reading about the human and the Pokémon brain.”

William looked to Zapdos, who was still pinned to the rooftop. Zapdos was watching William, and there was a silent communication between them: keep the Alakazam talking as long as possible.

“And so, Jimmy got curious. This was the time where all the new research was coming out about how Pokémon brains and human brains were interacting. Jimmy went out to the wild, and caught several wild Abras. Then, he took a knife and ripped their skulls open. He examined and studied their brains.”

“That’s murderous!” William protested.

“We are speaking of Jimmy Oak, aren’t we?” Sabrina asked. The Alakazam was smiling once more. “Besides, I haven’t even gotten to the worst part yet. Jimmy Oak also needed to further understand the human brain. The books in the Saffron Library were not detailed enough for his liking. So, Jimmy found several children roaming about the city one day, and he took them inside an abandon building. He made sure they died quickly; he justified what he did because it was for science.”

“And how do you justified what he did?” William challenge.

“They are humans,” the Alakazam said through Sabrina. “They are beneath me – like bugs to be squashed.”

“And so,” Sabrina continued. “Jimmy had deeply studied both the brain of Pokémon and humans. He knew the differences. And, he formulated a plan. He captured a few more wild Abras, and did a few tests. He was successful.”

“What did he do?” William asked.

Sabrina did not answer William’s question.

“Jimmy Oak contacted me about his experiments behind my trainer’s back. He saw Sabrina as a threat. She could become a greater trainer then him some day. But, he acknowledged that her power was too great for her to be murdered. He much rather have her silently locked away. And I…I was tired of playing games for Sabrina. I am the smartest Pokémon in existence, and I knew, at that time, I was just a pet.”

“If Sabrina is like any trainer I know, then she cared about you,” William said, looking now to the Alakazam.

“Don’t give me that bull shit about love and friendships,” Sabrina responded robotically. “I was nothing but a tool to be used so she could maintain her position as a gym leader. I wanted more. I wanted to be in charge. I wanted the power. So, I agreed to Jimmy’s proposal. In the dead of night, I snuck away, and met Jimmy at an abandon warehouse. There, he operated on me.”

William held his breath, wondering what kind of horror he had stumbled into.

“Jimmy Oak changed my brain. He gave it human qualities. I was no longer entirely Pokémon, nor was I entirely human. My brain could operate on both wavelengths.”

“But,” William stammered. “That can’t be possible! Jimmy…he can’t just change the brain-”

“The difference between the brain of an Alakazam and the brain of a human is subtle,” Sabrina said. “The slightest change here or there can make all the difference. Besides, as I’m sure you know now, Jimmy is a very intelligent, if amateur, scientist.”

“So what then?” William asked. “Did you just run back to Saffron Gym and take over Sabrina?”

“Of course not,” Sabrina said. “I may be powerful, but the mind cannot simply be taken over. Sabrina had to be beaten to a pulp first. She had to be weakened. So, the next day, Jimmy came and challenged her. He beat her, of course; she had seen it in the future. But, I had hidden the true future from her. I had hidden what would happen next. After Jimmy beat her, I turned on Sabrina and started attacking. Jimmy had his Pokémon help as well. Sabrina is powerful, but even she cannot be beat seven Pokémon of very high skill and power. She was confused. She didn’t understand what was happening, or why her powers had not warned her about this. Fool.”

William’s hand dropped slowly to his hip, hoping the Alakazam was too into his story to notice.

“Then, when her mind and body were weak from fighting, I took over. I made her my puppet. I became an ally of Jimmy Oak, operating whenever and however he needed me.”

“And what have you been doing the past nineteen years?” William asked, his eyes flickering to Zapdos again.

“This and that,” Sabrina responded. “I’ve been operating as the gym leader. I only battle against those whom I know I can beat. When I see a trainer coming who might be able to win a battle, I just forfeit and give them the badge. But when it’s a trainer I know I can beat, I fight. And I kill every single one of their Pokémon. Sometimes, I even kill the trainer.”

“What? You murder – why?”

“Why not? As I’ve said, I am greater than any human.”

“That’s wrong.”

“Are you really going to waste time lecturing me on morals?” Sabrina asked. “I think you’ve stalled long enough to help Zapdos recover, don’t you?”

William gulped, and his eyes turned to Zapdos. The Pokémon shrieked and beat his wings against the invisible bindings, but he was still imprisoned.

“Now, William Oak,” Sabrina said. “I will kill you, and take you to my master. Or perhaps, I will make you a puppet as well. Won’t that be just wonderful?”

“I don’t think so.”

“And how are you going to stop my powers?” Sabrina asked, as the eyes of the Alakazam started to glow.

“Not I,” William said, smiling slightly. “Desdemona – now!”

The Pokéball on William’s belt burst open, and the Butterfree soared out, her eyes glowing purple with power.

And then several things happened at once.

Zapdos broke through the chains that bound him, and the legendary Pokémon leapt in the air. Tybalt jumped upward as well, and was on Alakazam in an instant, his claws tearing a gaping hole in the Pokémon’s chest. Sabrina was brushed backwards by an attack from Desdemona. She landed on her back, and did not move.

But the battle was not won yet. There was a flash of purple light, and the Alakazam had teleported several feet away. He quickly used Recover, healing the wound that Tybalt had inflicted.

“That’s the first time I’ve been hit since I’ve been in control of Sabrina,” a deep voice that boomed out of Alakazam said. “Impressive, William Oak.”

“What, you can talk too?”

“I am not ordinary Alakazam,” the Pokémon responded. “I just enjoy using others.”

William looked to the skies, where Zapdos was flying.

“Zapdos! Get out of here! Get to safety! I’ll defeat the Alakazam!” Zapdos looked down to William and nodded his head. His wings thrummed swiftly through the air, taking him safely away from Saffron City.

“Fool,”Alakazam said. “If a legendary Pokémon cannot defeat me, what makes you think you can?”

“A legendary Pokémon failed to beat you and Sabrina,” William responded. “I only have to beat you.”

“Sabrina is still my puppet, you will have to beat us both!” The Alakazam snapped. Sabrina rose to her feet from behind him, and her eyes began to glow with power.

“Desdemona!”

“What is a pathetic Butterfree going to do?” Alakazam mocked.

But Sabrina was suddenly knocked back to her feet, where she struggled to move. Alakazam raised a spoon into the air, and pointed it at Desdemona…

But once again, Tybalt was on Alakazam. The Charizard roared as his claws ripped through the Alakazam’s fragile skin. An instant later, Tybalt was blasted back by a Psychic attack, but he had done damage to Alakazam.

“Not so easy when you’re the one with two against you, is it?” William asked, gaining confidence.

“You are fighting a losing battle,” Alakazam said. “I have seen the future, and you do not win.”

“Yeah, well the future is never set in stone,” William responded.

“Yours is!” And then Alakazam twirled himself into the air, levitating above the ground. He pointed a spoon at Tybalt, and sent the Charizard blasting into the roof of the concrete building. The Charizard stayed there, struggling to fight against the invisible chains that held him.

Alakazam then turned his head to Desdemona, whose eyes were glowing purple and were fixed on Sabrina.

“What are you trying to do?” Alakazam asked the bug Pokémon mockingly. “Trying to hold her off? Ha! She is the most powerful psychic to ever live, and you’re just a tiny bug that knows a few Psychic moves.”

An invisible force suddenly held Desdemona still in the air, and began to choke her.

“No!” William screamed.

But then Alakazam turned his head to William, and he was lifted in the air.

“Now…what to do with you…” the Alakazam wondered. “Kill you? Make you a puppet? Which fate would be cruelest?”

“How about neither,” a voice behind the Alakazam said.

Alakazam spun around, his eyes wide. Sabrina was standing up, brushing dust off the purple jump-suit she wore. Her eyes were shimmering a light purple, the shade different than it had been earlier – and she was angry, very angry.

“Sabrina!” The Alakazam exclaimed. “How-?”

But Sabrina didn’t give her Pokémon a chance to finish the question. He was ripped out of the air by an invisible force, and thrown into the concrete roof. Then, he was lifted back up into the air, and thoroughly shaken.

Desdemona, William, and Tybalt were all freed from the force that held them. Tybalt stood up and roared mightily and Desdemona took in a sharp breath.

William stayed still, watching Sabrina carefully.

“It was the Butterfree,” Sabrina said. “The Butterfree that you so openly mocked helped in setting me free. Every time the Charizard clawed away at you, you’re focus was temporarily loss, and I was given a little more room to wiggle about inside my mind. You haven’t suffered pain in so long – you’ve been made weak.”

“But I saw the future!” Alakazam roared. “I saw myself winning!”

“Did you really think I was completely powerless inside my own mind?” Sabrina asked him, smirking. “You underestimated me. I did the same thing you did to me. I changed what you saw.”

“How?”

“You said it yourself, I am the most powerful psychic to ever live.”

And then Sabrina slammed her Pokémon back into the roof, and brought him back up into the air. Her eyes were filled with rage and anger.

“You don’t have to kill me,” the Alakazam cried. “Please, I’ll serve you again!”

“Don’t lie to me! Already you’ve tried to teleport away three times. But you’re under my control now, Alakazam. You cannot escape.”

“If you kill me, you’ll be just like me! You’ll become your enemy!”

“Do you really think that sorry excuse is going to work?” Sabrina asked him. “I’ve been locked away for nineteen years! You’ve used me to kill. And I am now taking out my revenge by killing one who would otherwise escape. I am nothing, nothing like you.”

And then, one last time, Sabrina slammed the Alakazam back into the roof, with such force that the concrete beneath him buckled and cracked.

She did not raise him back up. He was dead.

Sabrina turned away from Alakazam and brought her eyes to William. William flinched at her gaze – he was slightly wary of someone with so much power – but Sabrina smiled.

“Thank you, William Oak,” she said kindly. “You have saved much more than my life. You have given me back my freedom.”

---------------------------------------------------

Giovanni was sitting next to the pilot of his helicopter as they left Saffron City. He turned his head over to the man, and commanded: “Move, so I can drive.”

“Yes, sir,” the Rocket responded. He temporarily set the helicopter on auto-pilot, then moved out of his seat. Once Giovanni and the Rocket had exchanged positions, Giovanni asked, “Do you have a weapon on you?”

“Yes, sir,” the Rocket said again. He was proud to get to be the one who served the boss of Team Rocket. It was a great honor.

“What is it?” Giovanni was raising the helicopter in the air, above the swarm of other Rocket Helicopters.

“A knife, sir.”

“May I see it?” Giovanni’s helicopter was now over twenty yards above the swarm of Rocket Helicopters below him.

The Rocket pulled the knife out of his pocket, and he handed it to Giovanni. The knife was nearly a foot long, thin and sharp.

“This is a very good knife,” Giovanni examined it, as he drove the helicopter. Then, without any warning, Giovanni drove the knife into the Rocket’s chest.

The Rocket let out a sharp gasp and struggled to speak, but the knife had gone straight into his heart. He died thirteen seconds after Giovanni stabbed him.

“Val,” Giovanni said, speaking to the girl who was sitting in the back. “Please move him and come sit up front.”

Val moved slowly, her arms trembling as she hauled the Rocket into the back. Then she sat in the seat next to Giovanni, terrified that he was going to kill her next.

But Giovanni did not. Instead, he handed her a small remote control, with two red buttons on it, one above the other.

“Please, press the top red button.”

Val looked confused. She looked to Giovanni, and asked:

“But…I thought this was a safety precaution.”

“It was,” Giovanni responded. “It is now an elimination precaution. I’m disbanding Team Rocket. Please, press the top red button.”

Val looked down at the button, and she asked in a shivering voice.

“Why me?”

Giovanni turned to her, and smiled.

“The same reason I wanted you to kill your father. Now, please, press the top red button.”

Val closed her eyes, knowing what the consequences would be if she pressed that red button –

– and then she pressed it.

Below her, all at once, every single Rocket Helicopter exploded. The explosion churned into the air, the rolling heat reaching Giovanni's helicopter, which hung barely out of the boiling flames' range.

Several seconds later, there was a long roaring crash as the remains of the helicopters crashed into the wild terrain below.

“Thank you Val,” Giovanni said. “Team Rocket is almost gone. There is one more thing I need you to do though. Please – press the bottom red button.”

“What does it do?” Val asked. She had not been told what the bottom button’s function was.

“Just press it.”

Val bit her lower lip and slammed her thumb down onto the button.

Nothing happened. Or, at least, nothing happened in the immediate area of Val and Giovanni.

“What have I done?” Val asked.

Giovanni just smiled. He did not respond.

----------------------------------------------------

William had just recalled Desdemona back into her ball, when the thunderous roar suddenly sounded.

It had come from the Silph Co. Flames were bursting out of the top floor of the building – the president’s floor, where it looked as though a bomb had just gone off.

“What’s happening?” William asked. Sabrina, who was just a few feet away, narrowed her eyes.

And then, the floor below the President’s room, the room where the dead bodies of Sarge and Raichu lay alongside the Rockets' corpses, exploded, fire blooming from the windows, licking the air like curious tongues.

And then the floor below that exploded – and the floor below that – and the floor below that – and the explosions continued.

“The whole place has been rigged to explode!” Sabrina exclaimed. “Each floor is going to explode, until the building’s foundation becomes so weak that it collapses.”

BOOM!

“We have to stop it!”

BOOM!

“We can’t!” Sabrina said. “I’m not powerful enough to stop a force like that.”

BOOM!

“But Chris!” William said. “My cousin – I think he is still inside!”

BOOM!

“Chris Oak?” Sabrina asked, her eyes wide. She raised her head up to the sky, and closed her eyes.

BOOM!

---------------

Chris heard the explosions from above him. He was no longer jogging down the stairs. He was running.

BOOM!

The explosions were getting louder and louder, and closer and closer.

BOOM!

Chris ran though a door, leaving the stairs. He was on the twentieth floor. The floor was abandoned and had a series of cubicles that were empty. Chris ran to a window, smashed it open, and poked his head out to see up.

Ten floors above him, glass shattered, thrown out of the way by another explosion.

Chris swallowed. He didn’t think he would be able to out run the bombs.

Nine floors above him – another explosion.

What was he going to do?

---------------------------------

Sabrina’s head snapped back down from the sky, the glow in her eyes fading.

“Chris is going to jump out of the window of the twentieth floor in thirty seconds,” she said to William. “If you aren’t there to catch him, he will fall to his death!”

“Tybalt,” William said, jumping onto the back of the Charizard. “Let’s go!”

------------------------------

Five floors above Chris, another bomb exploded, the flames dancing out into the air. Chris closed his eyes. He was tired. He could not run anymore. He was going to die.

But what was the better way to die? The least painful way? A fall to the ground? Or burned to death?

Four floors above Chris, another bomb exploded.

He did not want to make this decision. Why could someone else not make it for him?

Three floors above Chris, another bomb exploded.

CHRIS!

A female voice screamed suddenly inside Chris’s mind. He gasped and clutched his hand to his head. YOU HAVE TO JUMP! WILLIAM IS COMING!

Two floors above Chris, another bomb exploded.

Chris closed his eyes and took a step forward. He did not jump, merely took another step forward, as though there would be somewhere for his foot to land.

Instead, Chris went plummeting down, spinning uncontrollably while the floor above the floor Chris had been on exploded. Then, something dug itself into Chris’s shirt, and he was lifted into the air.

Chris opened his eyes. Tybalt, William’s Charizard, was carrying him as they flew away from the building.

“I got you!” William yelled over the rush of the wind. Chris managed to nod his head a single time.

Behind them, the twentieth floor of the Silph Co. exploded. And with that, the building began to creak and sway in the wind. Floors below continued to explode as the building tilted like a tree in high wind.

William did not look back, even though he could hear the metallic creaks. He did not want to see the building fall. He knew there was nothing he could do to stop it.

The tenth floor of the Silph Co. exploded, and from that point it was over. The building came toppling down on the magnificent city, and as it fell explosions continued to go off in the bottom floors. With a loud, shuddering crash, the building hit the ground, pushing up a heavy cloud of dust.

Chris watched the event unfold before his eyes.

It was over. The battle of Saffron City was finished.

But who had won?

-----------------------

Giovanni steered the helicopter to a small clearing in the middle of the woods outside of Saffron City. As the helicopter landed, he jumped out of it and walked to the side, opening a door. There, he removed a suitcase.

Val, her body trembling, got out as well. She looked around at her surroundings, unsure of where she was or what she was going to do next.

“Here,” Giovanni said as he approached her. He tossed her the black suitcase, and she caught it, but clumsily. “As promised, for your employment and help recovering your father’s Mew Fossil, enough money to purchase two tickets for a flight to Unova, land in Unova, and citizenship.”

Val clicked open the suitcase, and her eyes widened when she saw rows of thousand dollar bills.

“As you know, a single ticket alone to the region, as far away as it is, is worth a small fortune,” Giovanni said. “Be careful not to lose it.”

Val looked up at the Team Rocket boss, and whispered softly.

“Once you are done with something – anything, you destroy it. You killed your entire organization because they fitted the purpose you needed them for. Why are you leaving me alive?”

“I don’t need the money Val,” Giovanni said, smiling.

“I know – it’s never about the money with you,” she said. “But still, why not just kill me and be done with it?”

“Because,” Giovanni said. “I am not done with you yet. I have disbanded Team Rocket. You will no longer be paid for being in my employment. But you will still work for me. You do know what you are going to do – right? You are going to break the heart of William Oak. No matter how hard you try not to, you will. He cannot love you, or be with you now. You are a murderer, a killer. But he will want to. And the person you have become will keep him at bay.”

Val looked up to Giovanni, clear horror on her face.

“Good luck Val,” he said, as he turned to step back in the helicopter. “Have fun weakening William for me.”
- Edited by Kyatenaru
[+] A Few Thoughts...
Okay, so that was the big plot twist with Sabrina. Truthfully, it wasn't the best plot twist - there wasn't really a way to see it coming. IMO, the best plot twists are the ones when you smack your hand to your forehead and say "Oh! I should have known that was going to happen."

But, anyway, I am mostly happen with this end. There is one more chapter left in part 7 - kind of a quick, wrap-up chapter. And then, part 8 begins. Part 8 will likely be around 6 chapters long? I'm guessing/estimating, but it won't be very long. Expect something interesting with Blaine, and expect...will, just be on your toes.

Also, yesterday I had a really good day of writing and got a lot done. So, I probably will be updating daily for the next four days or so.
As always, thanks to everyone who reads and follows!

tho_freakin_mas
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym

June 19th, 2011, 11:17 pm #432

Awesome chapter. Looking forward tot the nultiple promised updates.

I thought the plot-twist was well done, but you were right, there wasn't really anyway to see it coming.

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

June 20th, 2011, 1:55 am #433

I would say it was less of a plot twist, the part with Sabrina I mean, than just necessary plot. You can't go around calling everything a twist. That's just silly after all.

And I liked what you did with Val and Giovanni. Very nicely done.

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler

TrainerBOB

June 20th, 2011, 1:40 pm #434

[+] Replies
LordQ wrote:I would say it was less of a plot twist, the part with Sabrina I mean, than just necessary plot. You can't go around calling everything a twist. That's just silly after all.

And I liked what you did with Val and Giovanni. Very nicely done.
Thanks LordQ! And you're right of course, though I would love to be able to treat every thing as a plot twist :xd:

tho_freakin_mas wrote:Awesome chapter. Looking forward tot the nultiple promised updates.

I thought the plot-twist was well done, but you were right, there wasn't really anyway to see it coming.
Thanks tho_freakin_mas! New update today!! :smile:

TrainerBOB

June 21st, 2011, 12:09 am #435

AND THE END OF PART 7.

Chapter Seventy-Two
[+] Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Two: Innocent

Saffron City, the greatest, most populous city in all of Kanto, had been destroyed.

For a week after Team Rocket attacked, the city struggled to recover. Thousands were dead and many businesses and homes had been destroyed. The bodies of Surge and Raichu were never recovered. They had been destroyed in the explosion, and if pieces remained, they were lost in the debris.

Yet, every day new bodies were found in the rubble that was once the great Silph Co. Building. And every day, grieving family members or friends identified bodies.

It was not a good time for the people of Saffron.

The mayor tried desperately to stuff the darkness away. She held a celebration on one of the less damaged streets for Chris and William, the two heroes of the city. But the people there were not happy. Their applause was lukewarm; their smiles were non-existent. And the mood was ruined by the Fearows that circled in the sky, looking for any dead bodies that had not yet been buried.

At the ceremony, the mayor presented the prototype Master Ball – the last thing made by the Silph Co. She told the two that they should have a Pokémon battle for it – something that the whole city could watch and enjoy.

But William refused, and shunned the ball. He did not want it, and made Chris take it. Chris reluctantly took it; but only to not lose face before the mayor or the people of Saffron City.

The mayor huffed to herself angrily afterwards. The celebration had not gone as planned.

Sabrina remained locked away in her gym, trying to see into the future. Chris and William visited her every day when they were not helping with picking up the mess Team Rocket had left behind.

It was not going well.

“I can see nothing whenever the three of you are involved,” she told them, frowning. When she said ‘the three of you,’ she was referring to Chris, William, and Jimmy. “Every time you take a breath, the future can change, and that can change the future of you and everyone else. I see nothing but a wall of light.”

She had no new information for them on Jimmy or the other two children of Professor Oak. Her memories of meeting Richard and Charlie had been erased by Alakazam.

“I remember nothing,” she said. “I can see the names in my head, but not the people.”

Also, more disturbing, she told the two young Oaks that to her knowledge, Alakazam never met or discussed Giovanni. Either her memory was wiped of the encounters regularly, or they had simply never crossed paths.

Sabrina gave both of them the badges to her gym the same day she was freed from the control of her Alakazam. She killed her other Pokémon the same day – they had helped and aided Alakazam and Jimmy with their plots.

“They’re already as good as dead to me,” Sabrina said when she slammed her Kadabra into a wall. Without any Pokémon, she could not accept challenges at the moment. “Besides, you two have already proved your worth to earn those badges. With the horrors you both have gone through, you deserve it.”

They had both suffered horrors indeed.

Chris did not smile, or laugh, or kid with William. His eyes were often empty and sad, and he caught himself often running his fingers along the smooth sphere of the Pokéball that used to house his Fearow. William tried to converse with him many times, but Chris was never happy after one of their conversations.

“Promise me you’ll get past this Chris,” William said once, after they had shared a long talk about what had happened in the Silph Co. “Promise me you’ll be okay.”

Chris had only looked at William sadly, and said in reply:

“You’ve become like a brother to me William. I love you, man.”

“I love you too.”

Their survival in the Silph Co. had strengthen their bond. William had watched Val die inside, and Chris had watched Sarge literally die. They had both seen too much death.

William’s left hand was still bandage. The index finger that had been shot off was, of course, not recovered; he now had a stump where it should have been. It took some time to get used to, but William was right-handed, so he didn’t notice the absence too often.

William tried not to think about Val too much, though he often found her waiting for him in his dreams. Sometimes she would kiss and begin to undress him. Other times she would try to kill him. He didn’t know what to think of her when he did – part of him hoped she was gone out of his life forever. But another part wished she would show up suddenly, at any moment, in any kind of context.

William kept in regular contact with his mother. She had been horrified at his story, and even more horrified at the injury on his hand. He did not tell her about Val – he couldn’t bring himself to tell Janine that he had a broken heart.

“Promise me you’ll be careful William,” she would say at the end of every conversation.

“I promise.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

They never knew when their last conversation would be. Each time they ended a phone call, they knew that it was possible that this would be the last time they talked. But they never said it to the other.

----------------------------------------------------

William and Chris were in the Saffron Gym with Sabrina when she told them she was holding a press conference.

“Technically, I'm a murderer,” she told them soberly. “I need to admit to what has been done. And, more importantly, I’m going to warn the world about Jimmy Oak.”

William nodded in agreement. He had always thought the rest of the world should have more knowledge on what was going on.

Chris, however, wasn’t as sure.

“Aren’t you worried they could arrest you or something?” he asked her, nervous. “It seems to me it would be bad if the most powerful person on our side was in jail.”

“I need to do this Chris,” she said. “The families of the missing trainers have a right to know what happened. And I won’t be arrested. I didn’t commit the crimes. Besides, I’ve kept the Alakazam’s brain as proof, so even if they arrest me they can’t win a case in court.”

“…You kept the brain?” William repeated, surprised.

“Of course. Would you like to see it?” She disappeared for a moment, only to reappear a second later, carrying a large jar filled with a clear liquid and a pink brain.

“See?” she said, tapping the glass.

Chris and William simply stared at it.

“Uh…” Chris stammered. “You put a knife in it?”

A handle of a short blade was sticking out of the brain. Sabrina looked at Chris calmly, but there was a dangerous glint in her eyes.

“Of course I did. This is the brain that tortured me and held me captive for a good fraction of my life. Why wouldn’t I put a knife in it?”

William and Chris left the gym, both of them feeling slightly uneasy.

“I don’t think she’s completely sane,” Chris told William.

“I agree,” William responded. “But I don’t really think any of us are anymore.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

It was the next day that Sabrina held her press conference outside of her gym.

Every journalist from Saffron, Celadon, and Cerulean City had come, in addition to at least half of the remaining citizens of Saffron City. They were all eager to hear the story behind the gym leader who had been locked away for so many years. It was a madhouse.

Sabrina stood on an elevated platform in front of a podium before the large crowd. She did not flinch from their questioning stares and gazes, nor did she blink at the flashing lights. She was calm and collected.

But the crowd was not. Many members of the crowd looking at her seemed angry at her for not doing her job to protect the city. The journalists of the crows looked greedy and excited for whatever scandalous story was about to break.

William and Chris sat besides her and grew uneasy. Now that William looked onto the crowd, he had a bad feeling that this may not have been the best idea.

Sabrina spoke to the spirited crowd anyway.

“Hello. You all know me as Sabrina, the psychic and gym leader of Saffron City. I know many of you are wondering where I have been the past two decades. Here is the truth.

“When Jimmy Oak challenged my gym 19 years ago, he defeated me. This was an outcome I had seen. What I did not foresee was what he and my Alakazam did next. They attacked me, physically and mentally, until I was exhausted. Then Alakazam entered my mind and took over my body and my powers. He was able to do this because Jimmy had operated on Alakazam’s brain before this, making its psychic wavelength compatible with a human brain.

“They made me a puppet, both my power and my body. For the next nineteen years, my gym became a deathly place. I say deathly because many trainers and Pokémon who entered my gym did not leave it.”

Sabrina looked up to the crowd, and, a spark of emotion showed on her face. Tiny drops of water formed in the corners of her eyes, and William, who was watching her closely, realized for the first time just how much she had suffered.

“I murdered 127 trainers with my powers. I did it against my will. I screamed inside my mind, I begged my Alakazam to not do it. But – he did. He made me. I was powerless to stop it – I could do nothing but watch.

“I could tell you the name of every single trainer I killed. I could tell you their name. I could recount to you what exactly I did to kill each one. Alakazam enjoyed his kills, and he always murdered each differently. But he always had me commit the crime. He made sure the blood was on my hands.

“As I said, I could tell you all the story behind every single trainer. But I do not wish to, and I do not think you wish to hear it.”

Sabrina wiped the tears away from her eyes, and then swallowed. She became strong again, her face set in stone and her voice calm and at ease.

“But I did learn something from my 19 years of imprisonment.” Sabrina took in a deep breath, and prepared herself for her next sentence.

“Jimmy Oak is still alive.” There were gasps of shock in the crowd. “He kept regular contact with Alakazam. Jimmy Oak still lives, and he is planning something. I do not know why this has not been told to the public before – I only know that the government is not to be trusted. Many of them know something is going on; but they seem to have been paid handsomely to stay silent.”

The crowd stared up at Sabrina in awe.

“I ask that I am not arrested for the crimes that Alakazam forced me to commit. If, however, that is the wish of the people, than I will go agreeably. But I do not think that will happen. The future of this is still undetermined. Therefore, know this. I am here now, free from the evil that had previously enslaved me. I am on the side of good. I am forever against Jimmy Oak.”

Sabrina did not ask for questions. She simply took a step back from the podium, and looked before the gaping crowd. Journalists flashed their cameras a few more times, desperate to get one last picture.

Sabrina then turned and walked off the elevated platform. Chris and William got up to follow her, but Sabrina had stopped at the end of the platform. Someone stood in her way.

“Officer Jenny?” Sabrina asked, in surprise.

“I’m sorry to do this Sabrina,” Officer Jenny said, her face angry, not at Sabrina, but at herself. “By order of the federal government, you are arrest for 127 admitted murders, and the spreading of malicious and false information against the government.”
-Edited by Kyatenaru

[+] A Few Thoughts
Yay, Part 7 is over!
This isn't the best wrap-up chapter. I think I may of jumped around too much. I didn't spend too much time on it mind you; I want to get to Part 8. Oh, glorious Part 8.

If, you feel, there are any left-over questions from Part 7 (besides what the hell is going to happen to Sabrina) feel free to ask. I'll answer what I can/what I'll allow myself.

Part 8 begins tomorrow with a Preface. Here are somethings to expect from Part 8 (be warned, the stuff below is spoilery, but not too spilery.)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
A Gym Battle. (duh).
The words of an Ancient Prophecy will be known.
The truth behind the column that Oak wrote long ago shall be revealed.
Someone will be on the run.
I could say more, but I won't. :v:

One last thing - I spent yesterday doing something awesome. Its for the sequel - I made a video trailer.
I think its so badass - if you aren't excited for the SoT sequel already, you will be. I don't think I'm going to post it yet though - I'm going to have to wait until this run is finished.
As always, thanks to everyone who reads and follows! As always, leave an awesome comment, make a prediction, speculate, ask questions, or do whatever. :heart:

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

June 21st, 2011, 1:02 am #436

A pity about Sabrina. But it does imply heavily at the levels to which Jimmy Oak has risen in the government. Very heavily indeed.

Looking forwards to part 8!

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler

Morgana Card

June 21st, 2011, 4:35 am #437

Pleeease post the video--
Well, I have to say, that was an awesome conclusion to part 7. I don't think I've looked forward to new chapters this eagerly since I was in middle school!
[+] Spoiler
Lance=under the control of Jimmy Oak. Government=Under the control of Lance. Government=Under the control of Jimmy Oak. Lance=Under the control of Lance. D:
I am becoming more and more sure that Jimmy is Giovanni...With EVERY. PASSING. CHAPTER.
And I think I forgot to mention in my last post, but when Janine told William that Richard had started with a Pikachu too, I cried. :c
Ongoing Run(s): LeafGreen (4 deaths, going to Cinnabar.)
Paused Run(s): None.
Failed Run(s): Emerald (5 deaths, failed at Norman.), FireRed (failed. 7 deaths.), LeafGreen (failed at 8th gym giovanni)

Hawkfire
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

June 21st, 2011, 8:16 am #438

Oh wow. One of the best ends of one of the best arks. Jimmy is obviously manipulating everyone.

Agreeing with the Giovanni=Jimmy thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't.

And the sequel sounds awesome!
[+] Spoiler
And part eight sounds pretty epic to, I'm guessing that Sabrina's the one on the run, but I'm really not sure what to expect from the other points you gave. It doesn't matter though, because its going to be brilliant anyway.

tho_freakin_mas

June 21st, 2011, 10:22 pm #439

I agree that Giovanni is Jimmy, but I think it would be cool if Lance was Jimmy. I could see that happening seeing as Lance seems to be in control o everything else and refused to help against Team Rocket. Or even better, Jimmy is both Lance and Giovanni.

TrainerBOB

June 22nd, 2011, 3:07 am #440

[+] replies
LordQ wrote:A pity about Sabrina. But it does imply heavily at the levels to which Jimmy Oak has risen in the government. Very heavily indeed.

Looking forwards to part 8!
Thanks LordQ! :smile: Part 8 begins soon!
Aporia wrote:Pleeease post the video--
Well, I have to say, that was an awesome conclusion to part 7. I don't think I've looked forward to new chapters this eagerly since I was in middle school!
[+] Spoiler
Lance=under the control of Jimmy Oak. Government=Under the control of Lance. Government=Under the control of Jimmy Oak. Lance=Under the control of Lance. D:
I am becoming more and more sure that Jimmy is Giovanni...With EVERY. PASSING. CHAPTER.
And I think I forgot to mention in my last post, but when Janine told William that Richard had started with a Pikachu too, I cried. :c
Gah, I want to post the video so bad. But I must contain myself. :x_x:
And thank you so much :smile: No comment for your plot speculations; everything will come to a close soon though.
Hawkfire wrote:Oh wow. One of the best ends of one of the best arks. Jimmy is obviously manipulating everyone.

Agreeing with the Giovanni=Jimmy thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't.

And the sequel sounds awesome!
[+] Spoiler
And part eight sounds pretty epic to, I'm guessing that Sabrina's the one on the run, but I'm really not sure what to expect from the other points you gave. It doesn't matter though, because its going to be brilliant anyway.
Thank you Hawkfire!
[+] Spoiler
Sabrina is actually not on the run. Let that add to the drama. :wink:
tho_freakin_mas wrote:I agree that Giovanni is Jimmy, but I think it would be cool if Lance was Jimmy. I could see that happening seeing as Lance seems to be in control o everything else and refused to help against Team Rocket. Or even better, Jimmy is both Lance and Giovanni.
That is a most interesting speculation - though no comment beyond that. You'll see the finale soon! :smile:
AND NOW. PART 8.

Part 8

Preface
[+] Preface
Preface

Sabrina was under mind-control all this time – all because of Jimmy. Jimmy, who spent a year in Saffron City…I knew he was up to no go during that time.

But…now this brings up new concern. Jimmy was sidetracked at Cinnabar Island just as he was in Saffron City. He only spent three months there, but that is an awfully long time considering how little there is to do at Cinnabar Island.

I think Blaine disliked Jimmy from the start. To this day, I still don’t talk much to my brother. I think he is still jealous. He was certainly jealous then; I think that was why he hated Jimmy from the get-go. He was jealous. But, despite his blatant dislike for my eldest son, Blaine took him in as his assistant for a few months. Jimmy’s absolute genius could not be denied.

So, for three months, Jimmy worked for Blaine on his fossil project. Blaine was attempting to create a technical process that would allow for the resurrection of extinct Pokemon.

But something happened. I don’t know what it was, but Jimmy and Blaine had a fight – a disagreement of some kind. My brother refuses to speak of it still. It was around the time that the fossil resurrection process had been refined and was a success.

Whatever the reason was, Jimmy quit and then immediately challenged Blaine to a Pokémon battle. With his fully-powered Blastoise, Jimmy destroyed Blaine and his team without the slightest problem.

For the longest time, I did not care what had happened in Cinnabar Island. I thought it was the least of my concerns. But now…my curiosity has been spiked. And now, I have new fears.

Because Jimmy did not spend all three months at Cinnabar Island. He did take a week's vacation.

In that week, he went somewhere he was forbidden to go. Someplace he should not have gone.

Now, I fear what he discovered there. I fear it may be what I have been looking for all along. I fear Jimmy may have found the Ancient Prophecy of Kanto. Could it be there? It would make sense…it would make perfect sense.

I must go there immediately. I must seek it.

There is a prophecy for every region in the world. It is said the words of the prophecy will apply to the region’s darkest hour.

Saffron City, the greatest city of Kanto has been destroyed. Thousands are dead. And Jimmy, perhaps the world’s greatest threat, is still very much alive. Whatever he is planning, I do not know.

I do know that if this is not our darkest hour, then I do not wish to know what it could be.

- From the diary of Professor Samuel Oak
-Edited by Kyatenaru