Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

May 1st, 2011, 7:53 pm #361

Not gonna speculate on this one. I've got a hunch, though.

My sister's reading this too, now. She's definitely not old enough by any means to be a member here, but I'm letting her read this. She's probably up to chapter 20 by now... and enjoying it.
Hello. Let's play some music.

Retskcaj
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

May 1st, 2011, 10:16 pm #362

Hmm...interesting stuff on that one. I like Zapdos' whole "you shouldn't be afraid of him, he's totally beatable. I'll be over here hiding under the desk if you need me". I'm still waiting to see how the future matches against Chris go, if I remember correctly you have to fight him in the Silph Co. building, so it'll be interesting to see if you have Daisy fight in his stead or just gloss over that battle entirely.

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

May 3rd, 2011, 12:38 am #363

[+] Replies! :)
lisalo wrote:I HATE legendary heroes/ wise advisers/ senseis. They are always criptic and always give obscure advice, never do anything, run away despìte being able to kick the bad guy's sorry ass...

As for the important, yet minor detail: has it got something to do with the "Jimmy is not a god" line? because, if he gets control of the three birds (and so is able to control the elements), and of Mewtwo/ Mew (ilimited power in many scary aspects) he could very well be considered a god (I'm assuming he's not going to catch Arceus).
Well, Zapdos has a reason for not wanting to attack Team Rocket...sorta. That is not just made perfectly clear yet :smile:
And no comment... :wink:
The Frog wrote:Other games which contain Zapdos: HG/SS (Arguably the same one), FR/LG (Definately the same one) Platinum (Probably not the same one), Colloseum XD (Again, probably a different one), Ranger:Guardian Signs (Again, different), Snap (Probably non-canon), Mystery Dungeon (Set in another reality). Pinball, Trozei and Rumble don't count since they don't have actual, living pokemon. So there's at least 3 more in this world alone. Depends on which games the Sons of Three series considers canon.
Possibility of more Zapdoss? No comment :wink:

[qupte=Destroyanator]i have to say, i'm rather relieved that they didn't have to fight Zapdos. i was worried someone might die.
As for the important detail, i must admit that i'm baffled.[/qupte]
Yes, the team was a little underlevled at that point in the game. I think if I challenged Zapdos then, I would have lost someone for sure.
Of course...thats not to say I don't lose someone when I do battle Zapdos.
[+] Spoiler
And yes, at some point, I battle Zapdos.
Epsilon wrote:Not gonna speculate on this one. I've got a hunch, though.

My sister's reading this too, now. She's definitely not old enough by any means to be a member here, but I'm letting her read this. She's probably up to chapter 20 by now... and enjoying it.
...You very well may have figured it out, based on your past comments. We'll see though... :smile: and :wink:
And oh wow - thank you for letting me know! I hope she enjoys it! :roll:
Retskcaj wrote:Hmm...interesting stuff on that one. I like Zapdos' whole "you shouldn't be afraid of him, he's totally beatable. I'll be over here hiding under the desk if you need me". I'm still waiting to see how the future matches against Chris go, if I remember correctly you have to fight him in the Silph Co. building, so it'll be interesting to see if you have Daisy fight in his stead or just gloss over that battle entirely.
For Chris Oak....
[+] Spoiler
Around Lavender Tower and Chris's development, I decided that William and Chris would not battle again story wise until the League. And, it has been yet to seen if I make it that far :wink:
I regret to inform you guys that there may not be another update till Saturday. As I've said before, I'm the Edition-In-Chief of my High School's Newspaper staff and we are working on the last issue of the school year right now. I also have two AP tests, one on Thursday and one on Friday.

I feel really bad since this is such an important time in the story, but I am swamped at the moment. Plus my staff is semi-abandoing me for their AP tests. I'll be up late every day this week. :=/:

Destroyanator

May 3rd, 2011, 5:49 am #364

As much as i hate to say this, your AP exams are probably a little more important than this story.....
Don't sweat it, just do well on your exams. Good luck! :biggrin:

Hawkfire
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

May 3rd, 2011, 6:37 am #365

Like Destroyanator said, exams are far more important than this, don't feel bad about delaying it ^^

Epsi

May 3rd, 2011, 2:46 pm #366

EXAMS = more important. Basically what they said.

lisalo
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

May 3rd, 2011, 4:23 pm #367

I wonder if any of the exams are english. If so, you could use this as practice xD.

Kyatenaru
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym

May 4th, 2011, 1:37 am #368

Haha, that works well...I'm swamped with horse-sitting 'til Saturday. x3 Anyways, good luck on your APs! Apparently, eating chocolate right beforehand helps you think better, as does the color orange and the taste of mint (like gum, but I dunno if you're allowed to have gum in AP exams...x3 ). Get all fives and make sure you put your answers on the right sheet - one kid in my Latin class last year did all his BC Calc on the wrong one. ;)

Retskcaj

May 4th, 2011, 12:26 pm #369

*Groan* I feel so old. But yeah, lather, rinse, repeat what they said. Keep your #2 pencil sharp.

TrainerBOB

May 7th, 2011, 6:44 pm #370

@Everyone: Thank you for understanding! :smile:
And Kyatenaru - ORANGE IS THE BEST COLOR EVER.
Seriously - I've worn it everyday since I got into UT. :laughing:

Anyway, update tonight or sooner. Slightly long chapter.
Chapter 65, 66, 67, and 68 are some of my favorite in this run, simply because of what happens in them, it's so dramatic.

And I think 66 is going to be my absolute favorite...

So until then...stay excited!
-TrainerBOB

tho_freakin_mas
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym

May 7th, 2011, 8:18 pm #371

Just finished reading the whole run. All I can say is WOW. This is definitely the best run I've ever seen. Plot twists everywhere. I really want to know what's going to happen with Val though
[+] Spoiler
or should I say Jessie? :wink:

lisalo

May 7th, 2011, 9:27 pm #372

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! IM TURNING INSAAAAANE!!!!!!! UPDATE NOW!!!!!!!!!!1 DONT TORTURE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insanity out of the way, though, take your time.

TrainerBOB

May 8th, 2011, 12:53 am #373

[+] Replies
jamestastic wrote:Just finished reading the whole run. All I can say is WOW. This is definitely the best run I've ever seen. Plot twists everywhere. I really want to know what's going to happen with Val though
[+] Spoiler
or should I say Jessie? :wink:
Thank you Jamestastic! :smile:
And as far as your speculation, we'll see! :wink:
lisalo wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! IM TURNING INSAAAAANE!!!!!!! UPDATE NOW!!!!!!!!!!1 DONT TORTURE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insanity out of the way, though, take your time.
Gah, sorry for the torture. :sweatdrop:
New chapter will be up in about five lines! Hopefully updates will be on a daily basis starting today! I want to finish this run within the month so I can start my next run ASAP.
AND NOW FINALLY!!!!

Chapter Sixty-Five
[+] Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Five: Sister

The dead bodies of seven bloodied, beaten Pokémon lay on the floor of Mr. Silph’s office. The Flareon was nearly torn in two; the upper part of its body was attached to its lower part by a thread of skin. The Vaperon’s head had been detached and now lay on the floor, with the rest of its body a few feet away. The Jolteon’s two front feet lay broken and twisted around in a bloody fashion. The Espeon’s head was bashed in, and the Umbreon had a massive bite in its side. The Glaceon’s icy tail had been shattered, and the Leafeon lay still on the floor, killed from blow after blow.

Mr. Silph trembled as he stood behind his desk. Every single one of his Pokémon was dead.

Giovanni smiled. Not a drop of sweat had broken out on his face a single time during the fight. His Nidoqueen, the sole Pokémon he had used in the fight, stood in front of him, snarling still.

“It's nice to finally meet you, Mr. Silph,” Giovanni said, taking a step forward, speaking now since the battle was over. “I am Giovanni, leader of Team Rocket. And I think you know why I am here.”

Mr. Silph raised his eyes to look at Giovanni in the eyes. His mouth was set in the shape of an ‘o’, and his eyes were as wide as plates.

“How…?” Mr. Silph asked.

“I happen to be a very competent trainer, Mr. Silph,” Giovanni said. “You’d be surprised at the Pokémon I can control and train.”

Mr. Silph swallowed and closed his eyes. Then, taking deep breaths, he stood up straight. His eyes snapped back open, and the traces of fear were gone.

“You’re not going to get my Mew fossil, Giovanni,” Mr. Silph said, saying each word with precision.

“Yes,” Giovanni said. “I am. Because it’s in this very room, right now.”

“And what would make you say that?” Mr. Silph asked him, his voice choppy. Jessie watched the president of the Silph Co. carefully, not taking her eyes off his face.

“I have my sources,” Giovanni said, smilingly slightly. “Where in this room – that I do not know. But I know it is in this room. Now tell me – where?”

“I won’t.”

“Then I will kill you,” Giovanni said, his voice filled with menace. “Don’t think I won’t.”

“Ah, but Giovanni, you won’t,” Mr. Silph said, smiling now. “I built one of the greatest corporate companies in Kanto. I am a smart man. Once I’m dead, you’ll have no way of finding that fossil. It will be gone – forever. Hidden away.”

Giovanni’s face tightened, and he pursed his lips together.

“I am willing to make you one final offer, Mr. Silph,” he said, his voice soft and caressing. “Give me your Mew fossil…and I’ll show you your daughter.”

Mr. Silph’s face stayed very still as he tried to control his emotions, but the pain was clear in his eyes. He said in a very tight voice: “I’m done playing your games. Kill me. My company is done. My family is gone. I have nothing left to live for. You aren’t going to get your fossil. So just kill me.”

Giovanni snapped his fingers.

His Nidoqueen charged forward and knocked the desk out of her way. It went flying to the side and crashed through one of the office’s great windows. Giovanni’s Nidoqueen jumped on Mr. Silph, pinning him to the ground, and then she swiped three claws across his face, leaving deep gashes where blood trailed down.

Jessie watched the entire thing unfold before her eyes. She did not look away. She did not flinch. She did not even blink.

Giovanni walked forward slowly to Mr. Silph. The Nidoqueen was still on top of him, her claws raised in the air, ready to strike down again at a moment’s command.

Mr. Silph was panting heavily, and moaning softly from the pain of the three jagged cut marks that ran down his right cheek.

“Oh Mr. Silph,” Giovanni said as he bent down and whispered. “I’m not going to kill you.”

Then, he stood up, and looked to the jagged hole in the window.

“Yet.”

The lights on the ceiling above suddenly flickered out. Giovanni looked up and frowned, but he shrugged. It did not matter if the lights in the room worked or not. There was plenty of sunlight shinning through the windows. After all – it was just a few lights. What could it mean?

----------------------------------------

“A Kadabra?” William exclaimed, his eyebrows shot up. “You have a Kadabra?”

“Yeah,” Chris said, looking slightly surprised. “What’s the problem?”

The two Oaks were sitting outside of Saffron City. They had been discussing how to break into the Silph Co., when Chris mentioned the possibility of teleporting in.

“Don’t you think you could have mentioned that earlier?” William asked, annoyed. “That could have saved us a lot of time at the Power Plant!”

Chris shook his head.

“Kadabra isn’t that strong yet – he can only teleport a short distance, and at this point in his training it takes him some time to recover from teleporting.”

“Oh,” William said, blinking a single time. “My bad – sorry.”

“It's cool,” Chris said, shrugging.

William sat back down on the tree stump, frowning. Chris was sitting on a rock, and was playing with a Pokeball in his hand, tossing it up in the air and catching it again.

“Do you really think it will work?” William asked.

“Let’s ask him,” Chris said. He unclipped the ball he was holding and let out Kadabra, the psychic Pokémon.

Kadabra started nodding his head the instant his feet hit the ground. He turned and pointed his spoon towards a large building in the distance.

He was pointing at the highest room in the Silph Co. Building.

“You really think you can teleport us all the way to the President’s office?” Chris asked, surprised. “If we had known that we wouldn’t have needed to go to the Power Plant; we could have teleported straight there!” He was smiling now, grinning from ear to ear.

“This is great,” William said. “We’ll be able to end this without having to deal with or avoid all the other Rocket Grunts.”

“Yep,” Chris said, getting pumped up as well. “All we got to do is take down the head Rocket.”

“Yeah,” William said, rolling his eyes, but smiling all the same. “That’ll be easy. We just have to beat the guy that runs Team Rocket. No big deal.”

“Hey,” Chris said, smiling back. “you don’t doubt our ability as trainers, do you?”

William couldn’t help it – he broke out into a full toothy grin.

“I only doubt the ability of one of us.”

“Oh, dude, I’m going to make you pay for that one day,” Chris retorted, his eyes blazing. William laughed. They were rivals still, that was for sure. But a different kind of rivals.

“So – are you ready?” Chris asked.

“Yeah,” William said. “How does this work?”

Chris gestured towards his Kadabra.

“He does all the work. You just have to relax and let him teleport you away.”

William frowned.

“I have to let him teleport me away? What does that mean?”

Chris shrugged.

“It's hard to explain…just…don’t…resist it.”

William nodded, though he still looked doubtful. He took a step forward, and awkwardly placed his hand on the Kadabra’s shoulder. Chris did the same, but more naturally. Kadabra raised his spoon in the air, his eyes turned the color purple and….

They were gone.

William felt himself spinning through some alternative world. He could see nothing – absolute darkness surrounded him. There was the occasional flash of purple as they traveled through the black depths, and William heard some monstrous roar at one point. He was aware of his hand grasping the Kadabra’s shoulder, but he could not see either Chris or his Pokémon.

Suddenly, still spinning and moving through the darkness, William felt a sharp pain drive through his head, like a knife sticking through his skull. A deep booming voice came out of seemingly nowhere and it said –

“Foolish children. You have made a grave mistake.”

William thought he was screaming – he had to be, the pain was too great to stay silent. But he could neither hear his cries nor feel his mouth release the sound. He did not hear Chris scream, but surely his cousin was feeling the same pain.

He was just aware that they were now spinning and traveling at a much more rapid and faster pace – in a different direction. Through the darkness they flew and…

The monstrous roar echoed through the darkness once again and for the first time William was conscious of his body when he felt something brush against his shoulder.

“You cannot have them – they are mine now!” The same booming voice said to the roar. The thing roared back – and the booming voice screamed again:

“NO! Jimmy made me more powerful than any other – you shall not stop me so easily!”

William could feel them spinning around and around, back and forth, as if they were involved in some sort of horrid tug of war. All the while his head felt like it was splitting open, and he was sure he was screaming. He had to be screaming.

Suddenly, there was a sharp tug, and William felt himself go spinning in their original direction.

“Foolish creature,” the booming voice said. “I told you they were mine. Now, they go to die.”

And then William felt himself hit a cold, hard floor. The teleportation was done. They were in the Silph Co.

William lay face-down on the ground, his entire body trembling. The marble floor below him was cold, and he stood up shaking. Chris was next to him, on his knees. His Kadabra was passed out on the ground.

“Kadabra!” Chris said, shaking his Pokémon. “Kadabra! What happened?” Chris raised his head to William.

“You alright?” Chris asked William. William could only bring himself to nod. His eyes were wide and starring straight ahead. “Shit William, he’s passed out. Did you hear that voice? What was happening?”

“I think we have bigger problems now Chris,” William said, his voice dangerous and careful. Chris looked up and away from William and Kadabra for the first time. His eyes first widened in surprise, and then narrowed in anger.

Daisy Oak stood not ten yards away, in front of a golden door elevator. She wore a large white coat, and her golden-brown hair was up in a bun. Her arms were down at her side, and a wicked smile was on her face. Behind her stood a dozen Rocket Grunts.

Chris stood up, recalling his fainted Kadabra back to his Pokeball as he did so. He clipped the ball back to his belt, but all the while not taking his eyes off the woman who had pretended to be his sister all these years.

“Hello William Shake and Chris Oak,” Daisy said, raising her hands in the air. “Welcome to the Silph Co. Building. Are you ready to die?”

“This isn’t the president’s room!” William exclaimed. “We were supposed to be teleporting there! How did you stop us?” Daisy laughed cruelly.

“This is the floor below the President’s room. And you’d be surprised at the friends Team Rocket has made over the years,” she said, flipping a strand of hair behind her ear. “We have some very powerful friends in some very high places.”

Chris was trembling, his face tight with rage.

“All these years…all these years you’ve been lying to me and playing games with my life…why?”

“Because that was what I was paid to do,” Daisy said. “But you didn’t make it hard to do – you were such a little brat as a child. And you still are.”

William Oak was ignoring their conversation; his eyes were quickly wandering the room. The Rockets behind Daisy were still and complacent. They stood like soldiers, waiting for orders from their leader. Behind them was the golden elevator. William turned his head around – behind him was another golden elevator. That was not good – it meant that they could quickly be surrounded. There were several desks with computers on top behind them as well. There was a blue door that led to a staircase in the wall between the Team Rockets and William and Chris. William knew that must be what led to the President’s Office.

William swallowed nervously. This did not look good.

“I had to care about you, and play the role of a sister that had a little brother for sixteen goddamned years,” Daisy said, her voice rough and angry. “I had to deal with your little daddy-problems growing up. I had to be there for you – it was tough to play a convincing role for such a weakling. I had fooled almost all the others in the town…except for Jade…she seemed suspicious of me...But she’s a nobody, so it didn’t really matter.”

William smiled slightly, glad that Daisy was unaware of Jade’s identity.

“And now here we are,” Daisy said, spreading her arms. “I hated my job – but my boss needed someone to watch over Professor Oak. And that was me.”

“Why?” Chris asked. “What made you like this?”

“What made me like this?” Daisy asked, mimicking his voice. “What made me like this?! The whole wide freaking world made me like this, Chris! My parents were killed in a crossfire during the Johto Civil War. They were nothing – neither rebels nor soldiers for the Elite Four. They were nothing but common fishermen! And they were killed – killed for nothing! That left me alone – that left me an orphan. And then Jasmine took me away from Johto – she planned to raise me, it would be for my own good she said. And you know what? I hated Kanto. I hated all of it.” Daisy was scowling, but now her mouth twisted into a smile. “So now here I am now, trying to destroy Kanto. Trying to destroy the whole world. And look how easy it is! Maybe the world is meant to be destroyed – it doesn’t seem that difficult.”

“You’re wrong,” William said. “The world isn’t meant to be destroyed. The world is whatever you make of it. You’ve decided to make it this. We’re going to make it something else.”

Daisy laughed, her head flying backwards, and her cackles echoing.

“You’re young and foolish – if you lived past this day you would come to change your mind.” Daisy then reached to her belt buckle and unclipped a Pokeball. “But you won’t. Today – you will die. Both of you.”

The Rockets behind her suddenly moved, all of them unclipping a ball from their belt and holding it in their hands, ready to fight. One of them wore the white executive suit; he stood in front of the others. His hair was a light blue color, and short. His skin was slightly wrinkled around his mouth, he was clearing nearing his later years. In his hand he held a black Pokeball.

“Well, you haven’t answered my first question yet, boys,” Daisy said, grinning, showing her teeth. “Are you ready to die?”

William felt his muscles tense, and he felt the balls around his belt tremor slightly. All his Pokémon were ready for battle, he knew that. But he wasn’t sure this was a fight they could win.

“No,” Chris said. “Not yet.”

Daisy raised her eyebrows.

“Wrong answer – you die now.”

“Wait,” Chris said, raising his hands. “Let’s fight – just me and you, Daisy. You said you hate me, you said I’m a brat. Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is? If you win, you can kill me. Neither William or I will do anything to stop you.”

“What?” William exclaimed. “No way Chris! You can’t risk your life like that!” Chris held up his hand, and ignored William.

“But, if I win…” Chris’s face suddenly became twisted and ugly with anger, and his eyes burned with rage. “Then I get to kill you, and you let us move on to the top room.”

Daisy cocked her head backwards, considering Chris’s proposal. William watched with horror, hoping she would refuse. He didn’t want Chris to risk his life like this.

“Deal,” Daisy said. Then, in one single motion, she tossed her white lab coat off her body, revealing the tight black leather suit she wore beneath. She smiled as she untied the bun in her hair, letting her curly golden-brown hair fall down on her shoulders freely. There were six balls clipped to her belt. The Rockets behind her watched with mouths gaping open, and a few drops of drool hit the ground.

“Let’s go Chris Oak,” Daisy said. “You and me, a Pokémon battle. For the fate of Kanto.”
-Edited by Kyatenaru
[+] A Few Thoughts
I will be updating at least once or twice a day from now until the end of this run (I hope). I have about 30 updates (I think) to go before this run comes to an end. And I want to start my next run by the start of June. This will be tough.
So keep a close eye on this thread!!!

Anyway, now on this actual chapter. Yes, that teleportation scene was mysterious wasn't it? Yes, some of your questions regarding that scene will be answered by the end of this run. No, they all won't be. Sorry, I have to set up for the rest of the Sons of Three series somehow :xd:

Anyway, next chapter is going to be one of my favorite chapters of this run. Chris vs. Daisy is an exciting and thrilling battle that I'm in the middle of writing. Plus...the chapter ends...in an interesting way...

Epsi

May 8th, 2011, 1:34 am #374

I saw some info mixed in there that I expect will probably show up in your comic run...

Destroyanator

May 8th, 2011, 6:46 am #375

i'm glad to see you're finally updating again. i hope your AP's went well.
And yes, that teleportation scene was extremely mysterious.
[+] Spoiler
i'd like to think that the monstrous voice is mewtwo, but i'm not sure.... maybe you'll do a platinum run new and that was Giratina? maybe the thing that saved them was Sabrina? Or maybe IT was mewtwo (or mew).....
Anyway, i look forward to your next few chapters the Daisy v. Chris fight is going to be EPIC

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

May 8th, 2011, 12:28 pm #376

I am very curious as to the happenings during the teleportation, though that is a given. And the battle promises to be a splendid one.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

Mokona

May 8th, 2011, 5:07 pm #377

Oh Arceus O_O It took me 4 sittings, but I'm finally up to date!

And damn. . .
[+] Spoiler
You're story telling skills are off the charts, you're suprises come at all the right times, and it's just so. . .so damn amazing. I'd kill to have half of the story telling skills you have. It's just. . .arceus damn I'm at at lost for words here. Everything seems so thought out that it just all fits. I've gotten the plot giddies just from reading this, and I almost never get plot giddies
Stop making sexual references about my tangerines! D<

A Touhoumon Random Run, Scarlet Style
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler

lisalo

May 8th, 2011, 6:31 pm #378

Bets on Daisy's Team:
Crobat
Kingdra
Piloswine
Donphan
Lanturn
Stantler/Anpharos/ANything if your world is Gen IV remakes

Hope I'm right. My resoning's sound, that's for sure.

TrainerBOB

May 8th, 2011, 11:12 pm #379

[+] Replies
Epsilon wrote:I saw some info mixed in there that I expect will probably show up in your comic run...
Oh yeah...I should update that one day :xd:
Destroyanator wrote:i'm glad to see you're finally updating again. i hope your AP's went well.
And yes, that teleportation scene was extremely mysterious.
[+] Spoiler
i'd like to think that the monstrous voice is mewtwo, but i'm not sure.... maybe you'll do a platinum run new and that was Giratina? maybe the thing that saved them was Sabrina? Or maybe IT was mewtwo (or mew).....
Anyway, i look forward to your next few chapters the Daisy v. Chris fight is going to be EPIC
AP's went good, :smile: I still have one more on Tuesday, but I think I will have no problem with it.
And you'll see sooner then you know with that mysterious voice...though not that soon. But soon. Kinda. Lol.
LordQ wrote:I am very curious as to the happenings during the teleportation, though that is a given. And the battle promises to be a splendid one.
Thanks LordQ - I think it will be pretty intense. Its a full battle, except Chris is already down one Pokemon (his Kadabra is passed out).
Mokona wrote:Oh Arceus O_O It took me 4 sittings, but I'm finally up to date!

And damn. . .
[+] Spoiler
You're story telling skills are off the charts, you're suprises come at all the right times, and it's just so. . .so damn amazing. I'd kill to have half of the story telling skills you have. It's just. . .arceus damn I'm at at lost for words here. Everything seems so thought out that it just all fits. I've gotten the plot giddies just from reading this, and I almost never get plot giddies
Thank you so much Mokona - I'm really glad you've enjoyed it! :keke:
I hope I keep surprising you with those plot twists - I think I have a few more things in store... :wink:
lisalo wrote:Bets on Daisy's Team:
Crobat
Kingdra
Piloswine
Donphan
Lanturn
Stantler/Anpharos/ANything if your world is Gen IV remakes

Hope I'm right. My resoning's sound, that's for sure.
You'll see Daisy's team soon! :smile:
[+] Spoiler
Though honestly there is more Kanto Pokemon than Johto Pokemon, lol sorry :sweatdrop:
Hopefully a new chapter tonight! I've spent several hours on it and I'm still not quite finished yet. Then it needs to be edited...
Sorry, its a long one, already over 3000 words. But I hope its up tongiht - so stay posted!

In the meantime, I want to say something I forgot. QKNC and Shinon both did art trades with me, and I recently got their halves. I'll post them below, they both have to do with my story run.

This first one is by QKNC! Its one of William looking at Percy's grave with Percy's ghost in the background.
[+] Trade with QKNC
And this second one is by Shinon! Its the scene from Pokemon Tower where Desdemona fends off that Haunter.
[+] Trade with Shinon
They are both fantastically amazing, I already said it but I'll say it again: Thank you guys so much!

And now back to finishing that update...

TrainerBOB

May 9th, 2011, 2:03 am #380

AND THEN:
Chapter Sixty-Six
[+] Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Six: Chris vs. Daisy

Mr. Silph was being held up against a wall in his top office by Giovanni’s Nidoqueen, his face red from blood. Jessie sat behind his desk, her eyes glued to Mr. Silph, and her fingers drumming impatiently on the wooden desk.

Giovanni was looking out of the glass window, watching an aerial battle unfold before his eyes. A helicopter of the Kanto Army went crashing to the ground, brought down by one of the Rocket Helicopters.

“Fools,” Giovanni whispered softly to himself. He turned away from the window, and his eyes moved smoothly over to Jessie. She had been silent since she entered the office – she had not said a single word.

Giovanni turned his head back to Mr. Silph, who was still bleeding heavily from the wounds on his cheek.

“Do you want to know something…interesting, Mr. Silph?” Giovanni asked, thinking carefully what to say. Mr. Silph’s eyes swirled over to Giovanni, but he didn’t say a word.

“That Mew fossil…you never asked me what I intend to do with it. Surely, I must have some purpose, why else would I go through suck risky measures to get it?”

Mr. Silph kept silent.

“Right now, wherever it is, it is just gathering dust. It isn’t doing anything. It doesn’t have any purpose. It is nothing but a collectible. A treasure. A trophy.” Giovanni smiled as he approached Mr. Silph. He made a motion to his Nidoqueen, and the Pokémon dropped Mr. Silph to the floor. Giovanni squatted down on his knees, and leaned his face in very close to Mr. Silph.

“You see,” Giovanni said. “Unlike you…I would use the Mew fossil for good. Kanto is falling apart right now Mr. Silph – can’t you see it? I would use the Mew fossil to reunite Kanto under one person. Governments fail, Mr. Silph – you can’t rely on a group of people to rule the country. No…you need just one person.”

Mr. Silph raised his head to look at Giovanni. Then, he said in a raspy voice: “I will never give you that fossil. Whatever your intentions, they are anything but good.”

Giovanni sighed as he stood back up, and turned away. He then snapped his fingers.

Giovanni’s Nidoqueen roared and grabbed Mr. Silph by the throat. She picked him up in the air and slammed him against the wall, creating a slight dent.

“Let me know when the pain becomes too much, Mr. Silph.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris and Daisy stood not ten yards from each other. Daisy wore her black leather suit, and her golden-brown hair curled down past her shoulders. Six different Pokéballs were attached to her waist. Chris wore his standard blue long-sleeve, with the green pendant that belonged to his mother around his neck. There was a time when he tucked that pendant beneath his shirt. No more.

“I think a six-on-six battle is fair,” Daisy said. “Our Pokémon will fight to the death, or when we recall them. Recalling a Pokémon will mean that Pokémon can’t be used for the rest of the battle. Fair?”

“That’s not fair!” William exclaimed. He stood behind Chris; his nerves were on edge. “You already know Chris’s Kadabra can’t battle – you’re already up by one Pokémon!”

“Too bad,” Daisy said, though she clearly didn’t care. “What do you say Chris?”

Chris cocked his head back slightly, and then gave a stiff nod.

“I agree to the rules. Winner gets to slit the loser’s throat.”

“Agreed,” Daisy said, grinning menacingly. “And when you’re dead, William will be all alone to defend himself from Rocket’s wrath.”

William bit his lower lip. He didn’t have faith that Daisy would uphold her end of the bargain if she lost. No, William felt like she was sure to kill them regardless what the outcome of this battle was.

“Ladies first,” Chris said, gesturing with his hand.

“Fine,” Daisy sneered. “Be a coward.” Daisy unclipped a ball from her belt and she tossed it in the air. “Let’s go, Primeape!”

A monkey with cuffs on his wrists and a mean glare came jumping out of the ball. He landed on the cold steel floor of the Silph Co., and snorted hot air out of his pink nose.

“Sandslash,” Chris said, unclipping a ball from his belt. “I choose you!”

The mole-like Pokémon with razor-sharp nails came spinning loose from Chris’s Pokéball He hissed at the enemy Primeape, who tightened his fists in return.

“Primeape, use Mega Punch!”

“Dodge and Slash!”

Primeape ran forward, cocked back his fist, and punched it forward. Sandslash jumped in the air, showing off his agility, and dodged the attack. As he came back down to the ground, he spun and clipped his claws at Primeape.

Primeape turned his entire body to the right, narrowly dodging the stab.

“Low Kick!” Daisy commanded, tightening her hand into a fist.

Primeape spun around in a circle, kicking his foot out forward. The blow hit Sandslash in the gut, and the Pokémon was sent stumbling several feet backwards to the ground.

“Now – use Screech!”

Primeape pumped his fists against his chest and let loose a horrid screaming sound that came from a wilder world. Chris gritted his teeth as the sound beat against his ear drums.

“Let’s finish this battle with a Body Slam!” Daisy said, shooting her hand into the air. Primeape sprinted forward and leapt into the air, and began to descend down onto Chris’s Sandslash.

“Sandslash, curl into a ball!” Chris yelled out. His Sandslash obeyed, curling into a ball with the spikes on his back pointing upwards…

“NO!” Daisy cried out, realizing his mistake. But she was too late – Primeape came crashing down on the spikes, and then he immediately leapt off, stumbling backwards, and screaming in pain. Blood ran down out of wounds on his chest.

“Rookie mistake, Daisy,” Chris said, grinning with confidence. “Now, Sandslash, use Fury Swipes!” Sandslash uncurled out of the ball, and leapt forward, swiping his claws through the air. The claws cut through fur and skin, drawing more blood out of Primeape. Daisy’s Pokémon stumbled backwards, breathing heavily.

“Return, Primeape!” Daisy said, recalling her fighting-type Pokémon back to the ball.

“Well, well. So much for your lead,” Chris said.

“Don’t get too cocky, Chris Oak,” Daisy snapped back. “This battle is just getting started.” She unclipped a ball from her belt, and she tossed it in the air. “Go – Golduck!”

The blue duck-like Pokémon burst forth from Daisy’s Pokéball. He landed on the ground on all fours, and hissed at Chris’s Sandslash.

Shit, William thought, who was still watching the battle from behind. A type disadvantage. But Chris really can’t afford to switch out and go down another Pokémon…

“Water Gun!” Daisy ordered.

“Dodge and Slash!” Chris cried out. A torrent of water was unleashed from Golduck’s mouth, but Chris’s Sandslash rolled to the side, avoiding the attack. He then sprinted forward, and raised his claws in the air, and…

“Water Gun – again!”

The blast of water sent the Sandslash flying backwards. When he landed on the floor he slid across it, leaving scratch marks on the metal ground.

“Shit – Sandslash, return!” Chris said, recalling his Sandslash back to his Pokéball Chris gritted his teeth together as he selected his next Pokéball

“Go – Exeggcute!” Chris yelled, tossing a Pokéball into the air. A group of eggs landed on the battle field, all of their eyes narrowed in slits.

Daisy laughed.

“All we’re doing is changing out type-advantage for type-advantage, Chris,” she said, grinning widely. “You know what happens in those battles? The person up by one-Pokémon wins.”

“We’ll see about that Daisy!” Chris snapped back in return. “Now, Exeggcute, use Mega Drain!”

Powerful green orbs of light blasted forth from Exeggcute’s body and latched onto Golduck. Daisy’s Pokémon moaned and groaned as the orbs stole energy from him. The orbs returned to the Exeggcute, who smiled grimly.

“Nice attack,” Daisy said, smiling in the smallest of ways. “Lets see how you can handle this one. Golduck – ICE BEAM!”

“What?!” Chris exclaimed.

“No!” William whispered out loud. Golduck cocked his head back, and then let a cool blue beam of power blast forth. The beam hit Exeggcute straight on, and it froze the Pokémon solid.

“Exeggcute, return!” Chris said, recalling back his Grass-type Pokémon. Daisy laughed, covering her mouth with her hand.

“Five to three now, Chris. Not getting nervous…are you?”

“Never!” Chris snapped back. “Now go – Fearow!” Chris let lose his flying bird-Pokémon onto the field. The Fearow screeched a battle cry, and spread his wings wide, ready to take flight.

What is he thinking? William thought, knowing instantly Ice Beam could take Fearow down just as quick as it took down Exeggcute.

“You’d think you’d learn a lesson Chris,” Daisy said, shaking her head sadly. “Apparently not. Golduck – Ice Beam again!”

“Fearow, Double Team!”

Before the Ice Beam could strike down Fearow, the bird Pokémon multiplied, and suddenly a dozen Fearows were surrounding the sole Golduck. The water Pokémon turned his head from side to side, trying to deduce the identity of the real Fearow.

“Dammit!” Daisy cursed.

“Now – Fury Attack!” All dozen Fearows flew to the Golduck at once, and the water-Pokémon panicked. He shot a random Ice Beam but it ran straight through the illusion.

At the last second before the twelve Fearows surrounded the sole Golduck, eleven of them disappeared and only one remained. Golduck turned around to face the real Fearow, but it was too late. Chris’s Fearow drove its beak into the Golduck four straight times, causing blood to shoot out in quick flashes.

“Return, Golduck!” Daisy said rapidly, calling her Pokémon back to her ball.

“Well,” Chris said, “Four to three now. Not getting nervous, are you?”

“Foolish boy,” Daisy said, as she unclipped another ball from her belt. “We’re just getting started. Go – Electrode!”

Daisy tossed a ball in the air, letting out her electrical Pokémon – Electrode, a white and red Pokémon that resembled a Pokéball. It was also a rolling bomb.

“You won’t be able to out-speed Electrode, Chris,” Daisy said. “Say good-bye to your Fearow.”

“We’ll see about that,” Chris snapped back. “Fearow – use Quick-Attack!”

The Bird-Pokémon took to the air, and sped like a dart straight to the Electrode.

“Thunderbolt!” Daisy ordered, smiling.

Electrode narrows his eyes, and let loose an jolt of electricity. The attack struck Fearow head on, and it sent the bird Pokémon to the ground. Fearow stayed there, trembling as electricity still traveled through its body.

“Well Chris,” Daisy said, placing a hand on her hip. “Switch out your Pokémon - before I kill it.”

Chris stayed still for a long second, and then he closed his eyes.

“Why are we doing this Daisy?” He asked her. William watched Chris, worried. “Why are we fighting? We’re the same. We’re both…good people, essentially.”

“What are you talking about?” Daisy snapped, her voice angry. “We’re nothing alike – I’m strong, you’re weak!”

“But we both love our Pokémon,” Chris said. “You’re not like the other Rockets Daisy, you really love and care for your Pokémon.” Daisy looked behind her, the other Rockets were now watching her suspiciously. “You’ve already called back two Pokémon in this fight, to save their lives. Daisy, stop this. You still can. Turn and help me and William defeat Team Rocket.”

Daisy looked at Chris, her eyes wide and scared. Her hands clenched into fists.

“Come on Daisy,” William said, stepping forward. “End this. You love Pokémon like we do. You’re not a bad person.”

Daisy eyes began to water, and her nails dug into her skin as she clenched her fists harder.

“NO!” She screamed. “You’re wrong! I want to destroy everything! I want to see everyone die! I want to tear the world apart piece by piece! I don’t love! I don’t care about anyone!”

“Daisy!” Chris yelled. But there was no stopping her now.

“You think I love my Pokémon? Well you’re wrong! They are nothing but tools – tools to be used and abused. NOW ELECTRODE - USE SELF-DESTRUCT!”

“NO!” Chris screamed. He unclipped a ball from his belt, desperately hoping to save his Fearow.

But he was too late.

The Electrode exploded.

------------------------------

Above on the Presidential Floor, Giovanni was standing very still as he studied Mr. Silph. The bleeding from the wounds on his cheeks had slow down, but the man was still covered in the red sticky blood.

“Just tell me where it is Mr. Silph. Tell me and it can all be over.”

“No.” Mr. Silph said, in a rough course voice. “I will never tell you where it is.” Giovanni sighed, and then reached into his suit. He pulled out a silver gun.

“Guns and bullets have been in short supply the past several decades – you know this of course,” Giovanni said, examining the gun. “Not only are they ridiculously expensive, but they’re impossible to find. Even the armies of the world no longer use them – they’ve resorted to training and fighting with Pokémon.”

Giovanni ran his fingers down the silver barrel of the handgun, examining it.

“Even this gun only has two bullets in it.” Giovanni looked at the gun, smiling slightly.

“You’re not going to waste a bullet on me,” Mr. Silph said.

“No,” Giovanni said. But then, he took the gun, and he pointed it at Jessie who was still sitting behind Mr. Silph’s desk. “But I will waste it on her.”

Jessie froze, starring at the gun in complete shock. She had been spinning back and forth in the chair, but now she did not move as she stared at the gun in Giovanni’s hand.

“Why would I care?” Mr. Silph asked, speaking through blood. Giovanni smiled slightly.

“Jessie, would you like to tell Mr. Silph why he would care if you died?”

Jessie didn’t speak – she couldn’t find the words. She just stared at the gun in Giovanni’s hand.

“Come on now Jessie, if you don’t tell, I will.” Jessie still did not say a word. “Very well. Mr. Silph, I feel you should know-”

But then, suddenly, the building shook, and Giovanni fell to the ground, shocked by the sudden trembles coursing through the building.

Giovanni’s Nidoqueen managed to hold Mr. Silph to the wall, but Jessie fell out of her chair, and many books and papers that were sitting on the desk slid off.

The trembling and shaking ended, and Giovanni stood up slowly. Jessie stood up as well, her eyes wide in terror and fear. Her eyes automatically went to the gun that was still in Giovanni’s hand. It dangled down at his side.

“Goddammit, what was that? Jessie, get on the computer and check the security cameras.”

Jessie immediately turned to the monitor on the desk, but she couldn’t get it to power on.

“The electricity is off,” she whispered softly – speaking the first words she had since entering the President’s Office.

“What?” Giovanni snapped. Then, he remembered the lights above him flickering off early. “Dammit! William and Chris – they are behind this. I’m sure! When I see-”

But then Giovanni cut off. His eyes widened, and his mouth gaped open. He looked behind the desk of Mr. Silph, and he didn’t move or make a sound for several seconds.

Jessie turned around slowly, following his gaze. There, embedded in the wall where a painting used to be, was a safe.

“Well, well,” Giovanni said, smiling wickedly as he put the gun away. “Look what we’ve found here.”

-----------------------

Chris got up slowly from the ground. Dust and soot clung to his clothes, and he swiped it away with his hands. He turned his head, and saw William standing up as well, shaking his head.

Chris turned his head slowly to the battlefield.

No.

Nothing was left of his Fearow but a scarred, black-and-red piece of flesh. The bird Pokémon had been completely destroyed by the explosion, and steam now rose up from the burnt meat.

“No…” Chris whispered softly.

“You’ve failed, Chris,” Daisy said. She was standing up, and seemed completely unaffected by the explosion. “You’ve failed your Pokémon.” The Rockets were looking at Daisy with unparalleled fear. She smiled, and threw her head back as she laughed. “It's three to two now, Chris. You can’t win this fight. Go – Sneasel!”

Daisy tossed a ball into the air, letting out the Dark-Ice type Pokémon. Its nails were deadly sharp, and its eyes gleamed with an urge to fight. The Pokémon jolted forward onto the battlefield and knocked the remains of the Fearow aside with a kick.

“Daisy…” Chris said, his voice angry. Tears rolled down his face, and his fists trembled with rage. “You’re going to pay for that. Go – Ninetales!” Chris sent the fire Pokémon forth onto the field. The fox-like Pokémon hissed angrily at the Sneasel, who hissed back in return.

“Go Ninetales – use Flamethrower!” Chris commanded.

“Sneasel, dodge and Slash!”

Ninetales whipped her head around and let lose a stream of fire from her mouth. Sneasel ran forward, and slid on the metal floor. The Sneasel leaned his body away, avoiding the fierce flames by a few inches. Then, as she slid past Chris’s Ninetales, she cut her claws deep into Ninetales's skin, drawing a steady stream of blood as she did so.

“Ninetales!” Chris exclaimed.

“Now, use Slash again!” Daisy ordered, pumping her fist in the air. Sneasel turned around, and started skating across the metal floor back to Ninetales.

“Ninetales, use Flame Spin!”

Ninetales spun around, and let lose a circle of flames from her mouth. Sneasel jumped, avoiding the flames once more.

But this time the flames turned around, and came back. They struck Sneasel in the back, sending him spinning to the ground.

“Ninetales – use Flamethrower now!” Chris ordered.

Ninetales breathed out a powerful stream of flames that struck the Sneasel straight on. The Sneasel screeched in pain.

Daisy did nothing.

“Flamethrower again!” Chris ordered. Ninetales cocked her head back, and breathed out an even more powerful torrent of flames that struck the Sneasel.

Sneasel rolled around on the ground, screeching as the flames burned and scorched its body. Finally, the Sneasel came to a stop, and the flames finally died out.

Sneasel was dead.

“Pity,” Daisy said, though her voice sound like she didn’t care that much at all.

“You’re going to hell, Daisy.”

“I’ll see you there Chris,” Daisy snapped back. “Now – it's two on two? Should be interesting. Go – Murkrow!”

Daisy sent in her Dark-Flying Pokémon onto the field. Murkrow’s body was covered in black feathers, and he had a sharp yellow beak.

“Alright Murkrow – use Faint Attack!”

“Ninetales, Flamethrower!”

Murkrow rose into the air above Ninetales, and then vanished for a second, narrowing dodging a Flamethrower attack. Then, Murkrow suddenly reappeared next to Ninetales, and drove its beak deep into the Pokémon’s shoulder, drawing blood.

“Shit – Ninetales, return!” Chris said, recalling his fire Pokémon. Chris clipped the ball onto his belt, and then unclipped the last one. His hand shook slightly as he did so. His eyes were nervous. William, who still stood behind him, bit down on his lip until he tasted blood.

“And then there was one,” Daisy said, grinning. “Go ahead Chris – send in your last Pokémon.”

“This battle ends here,” Chris said, tossing a ball in the air. “Go – Edward!”

A Jolteon landed on the metal ground. Spikes ran up and down the Jolteon’s body and parted out in all kinds of directions. Electrical energy coursed around him, and his eyes were fierce and determined.

Daisy smiled.

“How…interesting.”

“Edward – use Thunderbolt!” Chris commanded. Jolteon shrieked a battle cry, and then let loose a powerful electrical attack onto his foe.

Murkrow shrieked, and then the bird Pokémon was sent back to the ground, where he did not move again.

Daisy started to clap slowly.

“Very impressive Chris,” she said, while clapping. “But I still have one Pokémon left. And this Pokémon is going to bring about your death.”

“Bring it,” Chris stated. Edward snarled at Daisy, eager to fight and prove his power.

“Be careful what you wish for,” Daisy said, unclipping the last ball from her belt. “Now go – Umbreon!”

The black, dark type Eevee evolution came springing forth from Daisy’s Pokéball. He jumped to the ground, and neither snarled, or growled, or spat. His eyes merely glowed red, and they stared intently at Jolteon Jolteon returned the death-stare, electrical energy crackling down his spine.

“This is it Chris,” Daisy said. “One-on-one. This is the end.”

“Yes,” Chris said, determined. “It is. Now Edward – use Pin Missile!”

The spikes on Jolteon’s body all started to glow, and they moved in unison and pointed at Umbreon. Then, tiny missiles as thin as grass started shooting at Daisy’s last Pokémon.

“Umbreon, Faint Attack!”

Umbreon took a step forward, and then quickly jumped to the left, and then vanished in thin air. The missiles hit the ground where Umbreon had been a moment before.

Suddenly, Umbreon sprinted out of thin air, and collided with Jolteon, sending the Pokémon crashing into a wall.

“Pin Missile!” Chris commanded again. Not even waiting before he could get back on his feet, Edward started shooting Pin Missiles at Umbreon from his spot on the ground. Surprised by the sudden attack, Umbreon was hit straight on, and was sent to the ground. The dark Pokémon snarled as he regained his footing.

“Now Edward, use Thunderbolt!” Edward leapt to his feet, and sent a powerful electrical bolt at Umbreon.

“Umbreon, use Shadow Ball!” Daisy ordered. From the yellow circle on Umbreon’s head came a ball of purple, which collided with Edward’s attack.

The two attacks fought with each other in the air, the Shadow Ball pushing the Thunderbolt back and the Thunderbolt pushing the Shadow Ball back, but finally the Shadow Ball won and broke through the electrical energy. It hit Edward, and once more the Jolteon was sent into the wall.

“Excellent, Umbreon,” Daisy said, smiling. “Now finish this with-”

Pin Missiles suddenly came blasting forth from the spot where Edward lay on the ground. They hit Umbreon straight on again, and the dark Pokémon was sent to the floor as he cried out in pain.

“What!” Daisy exclaimed, surprised.

“Way to go Edward!” Chris said. “Now – use Quick Attack!” Edward sprinted forward from his spot on the ground, and collided with the Umbreon. The Dark type Pokémon was sent backwards into a wall, where it struggled to get up.

“Umbreon – use Confuse-Ray!” Daisy screamed, her voice rising in pitch.

“Pin Missile again!” Edward commanded. Jolteon shot Pin Missiles at Umbreon before the Pokémon could set forth the Confuse Ray. The black Pokémon shrieked in pain.

“Now, finish the battle with a Thunder!” Edward snarled as he charged up energy, and then he let loose a wicked electrical attack, which struck Umbreon. The dark-type Pokémon went still, and didn’t move again.

William let out a relieved breath, though he swallowed and reminded himself that Daisy was going to betray her promise. He clenched the muscles in his body, readying for a battle.

Daisy fell to her knees; her entire body trembling.

“It’s over, Daisy,” Chris said. “I’ve won.”

Daisy was starring at her dead Umbreon, but her gaze twisted back to Chris. Her eyes were wide, and she declared angrily:

“This means nothing! Do you really think I’m just going to let you kill me? Ha! Well, it's time to die! Now, Rockets, attack!”

She pointed a finger forward dramatically, smiling wide, already tasting the victory she was about to have.

But nothing happened. She turned her head around slowly to the Rockets behind her. They were all looking at her with a grin.

“What are you doing you fools? Attack!”

The Rocket Executive with the light blue hair stepped forward to Daisy.

“When we fail…we die. It's only…reasonable that you do the same.”

“WHAT?!” Daisy exclaimed, looking at him with shock. But the executive ignored her and looked to Chris and William.

“I’m sorry, but we are going to have to kill you now,” he said the words, and he looked as if there was real pity in his eyes. “But if you wish, I can give you one last pleasure. You won the fight fair and square boy, you may kill this woman if you wish.”

Chris dropped his eyes to Daisy, and he stared at her for a long moment. His hand clenched into a fist, and his eyes went red with anger and rage.

William walked over slowly to Chris, and he placed his hand on his friend’s shoulder. Chris turned his head to look at William, and then back to Daisy.

He let his hand unclench.

“No,” Chris said. “It isn’t worth it.”

The executive shrugged, and then said: “Your choice.” Daisy sighed, relieved.

But then, the executive pulled a knife seemingly out of nowhere and he stabbed it in the middle of Daisy’s back. She gasped in pain, her eyes rolling to the back of her head as she collapsed to the ground.

“We really hated her,” the executive said. “It's nice to see that bitch go.” Then the executive raised his head to Chris and William, and he smiled. “Ready to die, boys?”

“We’re not going down without a fight. Team – come out!” And then, at their own will, William’s six Pokémon came bursting out of their balls from William’s belt. Tybalt, the roaring Charizard. He stood next to William, and smiled as he looked at the Rockets. Eros, the quick Jolteon. He paced over to where Edward, Chris’s Jolteon was, and stood next to him. Virgilia, the powerful Blastoise. She stood behind William, and she aimed her barrels at the Rockets, her face set and determined. Brabantio, the heavy Venusaur. With a large thump he stomped his foot on the ground, and then raised his vines in the air. Fleance, the determined Nidoking. He stood on William’s other side, and growled angrily. And then Desdemona, the loving Butterfree. She floated in the air above William, humming softly to herself.

The executive raised his eyebrows.

“An impressive showing,” he said. “But you are horribly outnumbered, so it won’t matter.” The Rockets behind him moved in unison, letting loose Pokémon. Golbats, Machokes, Arboks, and Wheezings came out, all of them hissing, spitting, and ready to fight.

There were over twenty Pokémon in that room. And the executive hadn’t even let loose his Pokémon yet.

Suddenly, there was a ding behind them. William and Chris turned their heads away. The elevator was beeping. Someone had arrived.

“Ah, and there are those reinforcements I called,” the executive said, smiling even wider now. “Now, you all are really outnumbered.”

The golden elevator doors opened, and it was not Team Rocket reinforcements that stepped onto the cold metal floor.

The Rockets gasped in unison.

Chris’s mouth unhinged and he gaped at the figure that step forward.

And William couldn’t help but smile, his grin stretching from ear to ear, revealing all of his white teeth.

Lieutenant Surge, ex-gym leader, stepped onto the second highest floor of the Silph Co. He wore his traditional army clothes, green pants, a dark green sleeveless shirt, and black boots. His muscles were as ripped as ever, and they poked out of his shirt like rocks. He wore sunglasses over his eyes, and he had a cigar in his mouth.

In each of his hands, Surge held a black machine gun.

Raichu, his trusted partner, stepped off the elevator with Surge, his eyes determined, electricity sparkling out of his cheeks.

“Well boys,” Surge said as he clicked off the safety to each machine gun. “I’m not too late to the party, am I?”
-Edited by Kyatenaru
[+] A Few Thoughts
Oh god this was a long chapter - over 4000 words.

But yes, that ending. I love it, because I think its kind of unexpected. Plus, I love Surge. I had the mental image of Surge stepping out of an elevator with machine guns in his hands, ready to fight for a long time. And now I finally got to write it. Oh, happy day :biggrin:
Anyway, I'll post a Team Status Update. Giovanni fight is coming up, y'all can make predictions and stuffs.
[+] Team Status
Virgilia (Blastoise): 40
Tybalt (Charizard): 47
Desdemona (Butterfree): 43
Eros (Jotlteon): 37
Brabantio (Venausaur): 35
Fleance (Nidoking): 40