Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

April 29th, 2011, 6:04 am #341

Alright, I'm done. Read it all in one setting, took about six hours. Probably could've finished it quicker, but that would've involved skimming, which would've meant I would have missed details, and the details are what make this story.

It is safe to say that Bob has a very interesting head on his shoulders. He has used said head very effectively to create a backstory as rich and as detailed as the actual story itself, causing readers to continually claw at him (speaking figuratively of course) for insight into it.

The beginning was weak in comparison to the rest of the story, but really, there are almost no nuzlocke story runs that aren't weak at the start. But even during these episodes of weakness was the backstory hinted at, and the reader's curiosity continually piqued. When the backstory truly began to be unveiled with the chapter with Bill, in my opinion, the story became incredibly engaging. It helped that you don't write with as prosaic and as dense a script as Shakespeare, even though the great man clearly influenced you. Indeed, the read is light, but the thought behind it, what really counts, is far from light.

Now before I put out my final note of congratulation, I'd like to speak about 'darkness' in your story. Namely, the numerous scenes with gore, and occasional allusions to sexual assault and the like. Some might say that the inclusion of such matters adds 'realism' to a story - I disagree. For those who are of the opinion that this sort of darkness at the heart of the human condition adds realism, and thus are implying that such darkness is present in their own real world, they are just plain silly. Because we all clearly walk around in our daily lives experiencing such things. I know from second hand experience that such things aren't the reality in places far more hellish than the primarily developed nations we all hail from.

To the point: darkness in stories for the sake of realism is utter rubbish. This is where TrainerBOB has, however, excelled. Why yes, I am simultaneously railing against a school of thought while praising the author of this run :D Because TrainerBOB has used darkness not to portray realism, but to reflect, throughout the whole novel, the nature of the eldest son, Jimmy Oak. A truly masterful way to make us completely and utterly despise this villainous man. I can only gasp at the execution and complete and utter success of this stratagem.

So, where does this leave us? This leaves us with a plain and simple fact - this is an excellent story run. I can see why it got third in the poll, and I'm sure that if another poll were to be held, this story run would come out first easily. You have my deserved admiration Bob. I'll be looking forwards to where you take this.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

April 29th, 2011, 3:32 pm #342

[+] Replies
Destroyanator wrote:Overall, an excellent start to the new part. new information for us, but just enough to ignite our curiosity.
and it appears that Professor Oak's mind is finally unraveling..... :=/: i'm not to torn up about it :v:
here's my personal take on the preface:
[+] Spoiler
I think one of the major questions of this part will be whether or not Sabrina is on Jimmy's side, and whether or not she's messing with Oak's mind.
If she is, that's bad news for Kanto, but if she isn't, then who is? maybe it has something to do with "Kanto's top Scientist" whose, identity, i assume, has been intentionally withheld from us....... :notsure:
Thanks Destroyanator! And yeah - I don't pity Oak much either. :v:
Sabrina's true intentions may be surprising...or they may not be. You'll see. :wink:
QKNC wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Obviously, Paige is Sabrina.

... No that's silly.

I'm just stabbing in the dark now :B

Or maybe Oak's just gettin old. This memories within memories thing is reminding me of Inception :U
Lol, now you're silly QKNC[/reference to your no-sleep run]
But no, Paige really is just a made up person that doesn't exist.
LordQ wrote:Alright, I'm done. Read it all in one setting, took about six hours. Probably could've finished it quicker, but that would've involved skimming, which would've meant I would have missed details, and the details are what make this story.

It is safe to say that Bob has a very interesting head on his shoulders. He has used said head very effectively to create a backstory as rich and as detailed as the actual story itself, causing readers to continually claw at him (speaking figuratively of course) for insight into it.

The beginning was weak in comparison to the rest of the story, but really, there are almost no nuzlocke story runs that aren't weak at the start. But even during these episodes of weakness was the backstory hinted at, and the reader's curiosity continually piqued. When the backstory truly began to be unveiled with the chapter with Bill, in my opinion, the story became incredibly engaging. It helped that you don't write with as prosaic and as dense a script as Shakespeare, even though the great man clearly influenced you. Indeed, the read is light, but the thought behind it, what really counts, is far from light.

Now before I put out my final note of congratulation, I'd like to speak about 'darkness' in your story. Namely, the numerous scenes with gore, and occasional allusions to sexual assault and the like. Some might say that the inclusion of such matters adds 'realism' to a story - I disagree. For those who are of the opinion that this sort of darkness at the heart of the human condition adds realism, and thus are implying that such darkness is present in their own real world, they are just plain silly. Because we all clearly walk around in our daily lives experiencing such things. I know from second hand experience that such things aren't the reality in places far more hellish than the primarily developed nations we all hail from.

To the point: darkness in stories for the sake of realism is utter rubbish. This is where TrainerBOB has, however, excelled. Why yes, I am simultaneously railing against a school of thought while praising the author of this run :D Because TrainerBOB has used darkness not to portray realism, but to reflect, throughout the whole novel, the nature of the eldest son, Jimmy Oak. A truly masterful way to make us completely and utterly despise this villainous man. I can only gasp at the execution and complete and utter success of this stratagem.

So, where does this leave us? This leaves us with a plain and simple fact - this is an excellent story run. I can see why it got third in the poll, and I'm sure that if another poll were to be held, this story run would come out first easily. You have my deserved admiration Bob. I'll be looking forwards to where you take this.
Wow - thank you very much LordQ! I'm glad you took the time to read all of it, and I'm really happy you enjoyed it!
The beginning did get off to a weak start - I'm hoping to do a better job when I start the sequel. I have something in mind - I'll just have to see if it works.
And thank you for the comments about the darkness of the run and Jimmy Oak! I tried hard to make Jimmy a unique villain, rather than the run-of-the-mill evil dude. There's more to be revealed regarding Jimmy Oak, and I hope by the end he will come out as a fairly round character - but still a horribly evil man.
And now the first chapter of Part 7!

Chapter Sixty-Two
[+] Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Two

William hugged his arm around the long neck of his Charizard tightly. He could see the far distant buildings of Saffron City clearer every second.

He had no plan – he just wanted to get there as soon as possible.

The air was cold so high in the sky, and even with the warm body of Tybalt pressed against him, William shivered. They sky was clear, sunlight shone down upon the earth. The weather was a perfect contradiction to the events that were rapidly unfolding.

The buildings were now close – William was just now outside of the city.

And that’s when the helicopters came out of nowhere. Half a dozen flew up from below. They were laying in wait for a trainer to come flying in. A red ‘R’ was stamped on the side of each one, and Mangnetons were attacked to the sides and fronts of the helicopters, and from there one shot out Thunder attacks at Tybalt.

“TYBALT, LOOK OUT!” William yelled over the roar of the helicopters. The Charizard snarled, and he twisted his body, narrowly dodging a Thunder attack. The bolt of electricity that was meant to strike Tybalt hit another helicopter, sending it spinning down towards the ground.

“FLAMETHROWER!”

Tybalt twisted his head around and shot out flames towards the helicopter behind him. But the helicopter rose up in the sky, narrowly dodging it.

And then all at once the five remaining helicopters shot electricity at Tybalt. There was nowhere to go. Nowhere to escape. Tybalt knew that while he could survive the attack – the trainer on his back might not be able to. So he did the only thing he could.

He turned upside down and forced William to let go, sending him spiraling down towards the ground.

William gasped as the world began to turn around and around like a mixture for cake in a bowl. He saw Tybalt struck with an electrical attack, and he heard his Charizard roar in pain. He saw the city ground below him. He saw the clear blue sky. He saw the sun. He saw Tybalt dive straight down, coming to save his trainer.

But he also saw Tybalt’s eyes. Eyes that were wide in fear and horror. Eyes that didn’t think he would make it in time.

The entire world was spinning as William fell down, down, down to the ground. Clear blue sky. Burning, shining sun. Concrete ground below. Helicopters and their spinning blades above. Tybalt diving down, down, down with William.

And then William saw Tybalt struck with another electrical attack. The Charizard roared, and was forced to a stop in his descent from a paralysis effect that traveled down his body.

As William fell towards the ground, Tybalt became smaller, and smaller, and smaller. The noise of the blades of the helicopters chopping became a distant memory. William closed his eyes. He braced for the impact that would kill him. He fell, fell, and fell…he was now no more than 25 yards from the ground and he was getting closer…and closer…and closer…and…

Suddenly he felt someone roughly grab his arm, and begin to carry him upward as they climbed back up in the sky. William snapped his eyes open in shock.

Chris was grabbing William’s right arm while he rode on the back of his Fearow that climbed up into the sky. His teeth was gritting from the struggle of holding onto William, but he managed to flash a smile, and ask-

“You alright?”

Despite the fact that he was dangling from a Fearow and had just been feet away from death, William couldn’t help but flash a smile back.

They had no reached the elevation where Tybalt and the helicopters were. Tybalt flew over to where Fearow and Chris were, and he nodded appreciatively to the Fearow. Chris dropped William, and he landed smoothly on the Charizard’s back.

“Let’s go!” Chris yelled, flying straight into the helicopters. William and Tybalt followed.

Using the sharp points of Fearow’s claws, Chris’s Fearow scratched and shattered the glass on the windows of the helicopters. The glass was blasted backwards, and pierced into the drivers’ eyes. They screamed in pain and panic, and the helicopter twirled out of control, and knocked into another. Both went crashing down to the ground.

Tybalt flew up above another helicopter and from his jaws a mighty gush of flames were unleashed. He quickly then flew away, but his neck turned around and he watched what happened next.

The helicopter exploded.

The fiery explosion grew and grew, and it engulfed the two remaining helicopters. Together, the remains of the three last helicopters went crashing down to the ground.

William let lose a large sigh, and he rubbed his hand through his brown hair. His body trembled slightly.

“Hey, you okay?” He heard Chris yell from the back of his Fearow. William opened his eyes again, and he turned his head to his left. The Fearow was floating there, and Chris was watching William with careful eyes. William nodded, but this time he couldn’t bring himself to smile.

His head was hurting. His head was hurting very badly-

William started to scream.

Calm down!A female voice instructed inside of William’s head. Calm down and listen to me!

But the pain was great – William felt like his head was splitting open. His head was rolled back, and his mouth gaping open, as he screamed like he had never before.

“WILLIAM!” Chris yelled in alarm. “CHARIZARD – WE GOT TO GET HIM TO THE GROUND!”

NO – STAY IN THE AIR! I CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH YOU WELL ON THE GROUND! The female voice was now screaming, and the pain was even worse.

William didn’t saw a word, neither to Chris nor the female voice that spoke within his mind. All the same, Tybalt began a dive downwards.

LISTEN TO ME – I DON’T HAVE MUCH TIME! YOU MUST GET TO THE HIGHEST ROOM OF THE SILPH CO BULDING! THAT IS WHERE YOU MUST GO! YOU HAVE TO STOP WHATEVER HORRID EVENTS THAT ARE GOING TO TAKE PLACE THERE FROM HAPPENING!

Tybalt dipped lower and lower to the ground, Chris and his Fearow following. As he did, an electrical bolt shot past William. Chris turned his head around, and saw four new helicopters in pursuit.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME WILLIAM OAK? SOMETHING HORRIBLE IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THAT ROOM – AN EVENT THAT WILL LEAD TO THE DEATHS OF MANY! YOU MUST STOP-

But suddenly the female voice stopped talking, and she too began screaming in pain. And just as suddenly as the pain in William’s head had come, it vanished.

William stopped screaming, and he wrapped both arms tightly around the neck of his Charizard as he trembled. They reached a dense forest outside of Saffron City, and dove down to the ground.

Chris jumped off his Fearow, but William slide and fell to the ground, where he stayed on his knees.

“William – what happened-?”

But Chris was interrupted when William began to vomit on the ground. He did not know if it was from the dizziness of falling many feet to the ground, or from the horrible pain he had felt just seconds ago.

Chris walked over and beat heavily on William’s back – helping him.

“Thanks,” William mumbled as he wiped his mouth and stood up.

“No problem,” Chris said. “Now what happened?”

“I’m…I’m not sure…” William said, as he gently placed a hand on his head. “I…I heard some kind of voice in my head…and it was really painful.”

“A voice?” Chris asked, raising his eyebrows. “What did it say?”

“It said we had to go to the highest room on the Silph Co. Building…and stop something horrible from happening,” William took a deep breath. “I think it might have been Sabrina – she’s like, the only psychic around right?”

“Well, yeah,” Chris said, frowning. “But she hasn’t communicated with anyone in years.”

“Yeah, but this isn’t just any day of the week,” William mumbled as a Rocket helicopter flew overhead.

“Good point,” Chris said. He shrugged. “Doesn’t really matter who it was – that’s the plan anyways right, stop Team Rocket?” Chris grinned, and William realized there was an unspoken communication between them. They were on a team now; they were working together to bring an end to Team Rocket.

“Yeah,” William said, smiling slightly. “That’s the plan.” Another helicopter flew over – they were still looking for them. “Though I don’t think an aerial attack will work…”

“No,” Chris said. “But how can we get in? We could sneak in, but once we get in the Silph Co. Building, they’ll see us coming.”

“How?” William asked.

“I’m sure that building is loaded with security cameras,” Chris pointed out.

“Oh yeah,” William stuttered, frowning. “Is there a way to cut the power?”

Chris frowned and scratched his head. “All of Saffron’s power comes from the Power Plant. I read a news article once that the Power Plant had become so reliable that companies in Saffron no longer bother with backups. The only places that have backups are Pokémon centers and hospitals, and that’s because it’s a government mandate.”

“Well,” William said. “I guess that means we’re going to the Power Plant.”
[+] A Few Thoughts
Yeah - they're going to the Power Plant. And we all know who is there...

Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

April 29th, 2011, 5:03 pm #343

dun dun duuuuuuuuuunnnn....

well gee, I WONDER why it's SO RELIABLE /sarcasm
Hello. Let's play some music.

lisalo
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

April 29th, 2011, 11:06 pm #344

The greatest scientist is Blaine, with his coat and all that. It fits into the continuity too, so that's who you're picking, I guess (sorry for the late comment, just found your story).

About the challenge in general: are you only training those pokemon (no box switches)?

Hawkfire
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

April 29th, 2011, 11:38 pm #345

Hmm... The powerpoint... This only means one thing :smile:
And I also think the greatest scientist is Blaine, being all sciency and stuff (yay for brilliant descriptions)
[+] Spoiler
And about whoever Sabrina's working with, it's definately not Team Rocket.

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

April 30th, 2011, 12:28 am #346

A few spelling errors in there, but otherwise an interesting action-filled chapter. Good to see Chris and William working together. And heh, Magnetons as copter turrets? Very imaginative, I must say.

I have a small caveat though - it just feels like a real stretch of the imagination to think that they have the time to fly to the power plant, run through what is a veritable dungeon filled with electric field inducing Magnemites and exploding Voltorbs, defeat the foe at the end, solve the inevitable problem that will arise in turning the place off, and come back to Silph Co and raid the place in time to stop the inexorable advance of the Rockets. I don't know whether or not you've considered this, hell it might actually be something you've thought of to introduce a plot worthy problem later, indeed, it may not even be a 'problem' per say. Just felt like mentioning it.

A fine update of course. Apart from the above, I did rather like it, hehe.

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler

TrainerBOB

April 30th, 2011, 2:26 am #347

[+] Replies
Epsilon wrote:dun dun duuuuuuuuuunnnn....

well gee, I WONDER why it's SO RELIABLE /sarcasm
Oh yes, Zapdos is indeed going to make an appearance :wink:
lisalo wrote:The greatest scientist is Blaine, with his coat and all that. It fits into the continuity too, so that's who you're picking, I guess (sorry for the late comment, just found your story).

About the challenge in general: are you only training those pokemon (no box switches)?
Thank you for following lisalo - and don't apologize for a late comment! There's no such thing :smile:

As far as Pokemon goes, let me explain:
[+] Spoiler
Around the Lavender Tower, I stopped writing about the Pokemon I caught. I didn't feel that it made since plot-wise for William to keep catching Pokemon. He's in a race against time, so he isn't going to spend much time catching and training new Pokemon.

In the actual game I kept catching new Pokemon. I decided that in the event that someone died, I would use the plot to introduce the new Pokemon character to the actual team.
Hawkfire wrote:Hmm... The powerpoint... This only means one thing :smile:
And I also think the greatest scientist is Blaine, being all sciency and stuff (yay for brilliant descriptions)
[+] Spoiler
And about whoever Sabrina's working with, it's definately not Team Rocket.
As far as your and lisalo's comment about Blaine, I have no comment for now :wink:
As far as Sabrina goes...you'll see... :wink:
LordQ wrote:A few spelling errors in there, but otherwise an interesting action-filled chapter. Good to see Chris and William working together. And heh, Magnetons as copter turrets? Very imaginative, I must say.

I have a small caveat though - it just feels like a real stretch of the imagination to think that they have the time to fly to the power plant, run through what is a veritable dungeon filled with electric field inducing Magnemites and exploding Voltorbs, defeat the foe at the end, solve the inevitable problem that will arise in turning the place off, and come back to Silph Co and raid the place in time to stop the inexorable advance of the Rockets. I don't know whether or not you've considered this, hell it might actually be something you've thought of to introduce a plot worthy problem later, indeed, it may not even be a 'problem' per say. Just felt like mentioning it.

A fine update of course. Apart from the above, I did rather like it, hehe.
Thanks LordQ!
As far as spelling erros go, those are my achilles heel. I had an editor for awhile, but he had to stop. But, just today, I got someone new to edit updates, so those mistakes should be seen less often next Chapter :smile:

As far as the time thing goes - I have thought of it. But no need to worry! They don't actually spend a whole lot of time at the Power Plant, and the plant isn't that far away. Plus Kanto's pretty compact, so...it all makes since. Sorta. :laughing: Besides...
[+] Spoiler
Who says they stop Team Rocket :wink:
Update either late tonight, or tomorrow.
I'm finally on a fast schedule again!!!!! :biggrin:

Retskcaj
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

April 30th, 2011, 3:39 am #348

Good chapter, it'll be interesting to see how the new dynamic between Will and Chris works out for future battles and what-not. Maybe Will will end up doing the cliffnotes version of the Power Plant since he's pressed for time, just bust through the roof and punch Zapdos in the face. :v:

Destroyanator

April 30th, 2011, 5:08 am #349

wrote:I'm finally on a fast schedule again!!!!!
>mfw: :roll:
[+] Spoiler
So, if Blaine is "Kanto's greatest scientist", maybe he and Sabrina (a Psychic) are working together.... I SMELL A MEWTWO!!!!! :evil:
On a side note, your battle scenes have improved immensely through the story. the latest one is excellent. i also enjoyed the Magneton turrets..... it's the details like that which really make the battle scenes good.

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

April 30th, 2011, 7:06 am #350

wrote:Who says they stop Team Rocket :wink:
I thought you might say that. It confirms something I was thinking hehe.
[+] Spoiler
Mewtwo coming from the fossil.

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler

TrainerBOB

April 30th, 2011, 11:52 pm #351

[+] Replies!
Retskcaj wrote:Good chapter, it'll be interesting to see how the new dynamic between Will and Chris works out for future battles and what-not. Maybe Will will end up doing the cliffnotes version of the Power Plant since he's pressed for time, just bust through the roof and punch Zapdos in the face. :v:
Thank you Retskcaj! :) And the Power Plant will be interesting...I think.
LordQ wrote:
wrote:Who says they stop Team Rocket :wink:
I thought you might say that. It confirms something I was thinking hehe.
[+] Spoiler
Mewtwo coming from the fossil.
We'll see :wink:
Destroyanator wrote:
wrote:I'm finally on a fast schedule again!!!!!
>mfw: :roll:
[+] Spoiler
So, if Blaine is "Kanto's greatest scientist", maybe he and Sabrina (a Psychic) are working together.... I SMELL A MEWTWO!!!!! :evil:
On a side note, your battle scenes have improved immensely through the story. the latest one is excellent. i also enjoyed the Magneton turrets..... it's the details like that which really make the battle scenes good.
Interesting theory regarding Blaine/Sabrina. No comment for now :wink:

And thank you so much! Those battle scenes started out troublesome, but I'm glad to hear they have gotten better!
AND NOW AN UPDATE!!

Chapter Sixty-Three
[+] Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Three: Seven Yellow Wires

Daisy Oak ran her fingers down her smooth white lab coat until she reached the three Pokeballs attacked to her waist. She ran a single finger over a single spherical surface, smiling at the memory of using the Pokémon inside.

Daisy had led the Silph Co. employees who served Team Rocket in capturing the building. Most workers didn’t come to work with their Pokémon, so she had destroyed any resistance with relative ease. Now the only room that was left unconquered was Mr. Silph’s room – the highest floor of the entire building. And as far as she knew, he was in there alone.

Her boss had ordered her to leave that room untouched. He didn’t want to risk Mr. Silph accidentally being killed.

Now, Daisy stood on the first floor of the Silph Co. Building. Her boss walked into the building through the glass doors with an executive at his side, and she flashed her brilliant white teeth.

“Giovanni,” she said, placing a special emphasis on the name, “welcome to the Silph Co. Building.” Daisy held her hands up in the air, like a mock tour guide. “We have prepared it for your arrival.”

Giovanni wore his brilliant black suit, and his red-haired executive wore her normal white uniform. Her eyes were distant and empty of all emotion. Daisy approached Giovanni, her hips rotating from side to side as she walked and her breasts bounced up and down.

Giovanni ignored her plays at sexuality. He had a job to do.

“Do you have anything for me?” he asked her, holding out his hand. Daisy opened up her lab coat, revealing the black leather beneath, and took out a small disc.

“I only had the time and resources to make the hacking program you wanted,” she said as she handed it over. “This should break into any locked files in the world.” Giovanni took the disk and tucked it away in his suit.

“Thank you Daisy. I presume Mr. Silph is alone in his office.”

“Yes – waiting for you,” Daisy said, smiling. Giovanni walked away, his executive at his side.

“Oh...Giovanni, will you still uphold your side of the deal?”

Giovanni paused, and he stood still for a singular moment. Then, he cocked his head back and said softly to her: “When Chris Oak gets here, you may kill him if the idea of such an action still pleases you.”

Daisy grinned.

“It does.”

Giovanni started walking again, and he reached the elevator. The doors opened for him, and he walked inside, his executive following him.

Giovanni turned around and faced Daisy again. Before the doors closed, he said to her: “But be warned. If you fail to kill him, I have no intentions of avenging you.”

The golden doors of the elevator closed, and it shot up the building. Daisy smiled as she watched it climb up, up, and up.

“Oh don’t worry,” she said, playing with a strand of her hair. “I have no intention of failing.”

---------------------------------

Giovanni was silent as the elevator climbed up towards the top of the Silph Co. Building. He was thinking over his plans for the city. At that very moment, a hundred or so Rocket Grunts were spreading themselves out through the Silph Co. building, ready to be called upon if and when William and Chris Oak attacked. Helicopters were flying in the sky, and the rest of the Rocket Army was spread out over the city.

“Are you sure William and Chris will come?” Jessie asked, breaking through his thoughts.

“Yes – that was what Sabrina said,” Giovanni said, checking his watch. “She couldn’t see much; she said there were too many possible outcomes to see much. But she knew they would be coming to the Silph Co.”

Jessie was silent for a moment, before asking, “So…she didn’t say what the outcome of this will be?”

“No,” Giovanni said. “But I don’t need a psychic to know that by the end of today, I will have obtained the Mew fossil, and William Oak will be dead.”

The elevator door binged, and the doors opened. Giovanni and Jessie stepped out of the elevator, and the Team Rocket boss raised his eyebrows when he realized they were not in Mr. Silph’s office.

“Where are we?” he asked her, his voice slightly annoyed.

“The elevator doesn’t connect directly to his office,” Jessie said, walking forward. “We have to take the stairs up one more flight.”

Jessie led her boss to a blue door, behind which was a set of stairs. They climbed them slowly, at an easy pace. Giovanni was in no rush. When the reached the top, there was a golden door.

“Are you ready?” Jessie asked. Though she asked the question, it was she who seemed nervous and unprepared.

“Of course,” Giovanni said, striding forward to open the door.

Mr. Silph’s office was built for a king. The rug of the floor was a royal gold, and the walls were nothing but windows, with the exception of the wall behind Mr. Silph’s desk. The desk was made of oak, and there was a pretty lamp next to it. Mr. Silph sat behind his desk.

But standing on his desk and around his desk were the seven Eevee evolutions. Each of them looked powerful, angry, and ready to battle - Espeon, Umbreon, Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, and Leafeon.

“So…” Mr. Silph said, as he slowly stood up. “You’ve finally come to take my fossil. After financially and emotionally torturing me, you’ve finally come to take what you desire so badly. Allow me to ask you this, stranger. Did you really think I wouldn’t be ready for this day?”

--------------------------------------

With a large thump, Tybalt and Chris’s Fearow landed on the roof of the Power Plant. The two trainers jumped off their Pokémon, recalled them back to their balls, and then they sped off towards a large electrical box that was on the center of the roof. The wind was loud, and it roared as it rushed around them.

The Power Plant was located a few miles east of Cerulean City. It had been about a thirty minute flight there from Saffron City. The large, brown, worn down building was hidden among the forests and mountains surrounding it. Vines and grass had partially overcome the building; it had clearly fallen into poor care.

“You’d think they have some guards here!” William yelled over the wind.

“They do,” Chris yelled back. “Didn’t you see the guy sleeping at the front gate?”

“That’s it?!” William exclaimed back. “You’d think they put more up!”

“They don’t need to!” Chris yelled in return.

They had reached the electrical box. Chris opened snapped open a Pokeball from his belt and let loose a Sandslash. With precise claws, the Sandslash cut the box open, revealing hundreds of wires of different colors.

Chris returned his Sandslash to his ball, and clipped it back on his belt.

Both trainers examined the wires while frowning.

“Why don’t they need to?” William asked, in a regular voice. The wind had died down.

“Legend tells that Zapdos roams these mountains and keeps an eye on the Power Plant. Supposedly it was what his parents did prior to the Battle of Threes. They find electrocuted bodies up here all the time.”

“Oh yeah,” William said. “They report on it on the news a bunch.”

“Yep,” Chris said, frowning as he ran his fingers down a wire. “They want to make sure the public knows these parts aren’t safe.”

“Do you think we’re in any trouble?” William asked, frowning.

“Don’t worry, we’ll be out of here before the wind changes again,” Chris said, thoroughly into the wires now. “Now…do you think if we just cut all of these that will work?”

“Its more likely to kill us,” William commented, crossing his arms across his chest. “I’m sure there’s a safe wire to cut exactly.”

“Yeah, but which one?” Chris asked.

“You’re going to want to cut those seven yellow wires in the right corner,” a deep, powerful voice said behind them.

William and Chris both froze. They slowly turned to look at each other, their eyes wide. And then, with slow, precise movements, they turned around.

Zapdos, the legendary bird, was watching them intently. He cocked his head to the side, and then a deep voice echoed out from him. The voice did not come from his mouth, but both trainers knew it was Zapdos who spoke.

“For a very long time, I have been looking forward to meeting a Son of the Three. And now, I meet two. The son of the man who killed my mother and enslaved my father, and the son of the man who killed my father. This is an eventful day. A very eventful day indeed.”
-Edited by Kyatenaru

New chapter tomorrow :roll:

Destroyanator

May 1st, 2011, 12:43 am #352

Another excellent chapter. i can see why you were looking forward to writing this section.
Also, i think that Daisy wins the "Worst sister in the history of the universe" award.
And don't even get me started on Sabrina.... who is she working for? was she trying to send William and Chris into a trap?
I'm following with avid interest.

Hawkfire

May 1st, 2011, 3:16 am #353

Wow, I really don't have a clue about what Sabrina's doing anymore.
Seconding Daisy winning the 'worst sister in the history of the universe' award.
Thridly, I think Zapdos is kinda awesome :smile: looking forward to the fight!

Epsi

May 1st, 2011, 3:52 am #354

but does Zapdos want revenge/vengeance, or is he really trying to help them? He DID tell them which wires to cut...
Hello. Let's play some music.

lisalo

May 1st, 2011, 9:28 am #355

1st appearance of non gen-1 pokemon, dunno if anyone noticed. Really weird, but other regions had been mentioned in pasiing, so good.

Most importantly, though, I believe Sabrina is working for Sabrina (and with possibly Blaine), switching sides whenever she gains by it. Either that, or her psychic powers make her some sort of oracle and she serves time. Zapdos is... well, just a legendary bird, serving the prophecy, THAT's a given.

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

May 1st, 2011, 9:30 am #356

A very interesting chapter, and I notice you got a new editor too! Small problem relating to that - I've noticed it before, and it was in this chapter as well. People don't 'revenge' one another, they 'avenge' one another.

Looking forwards to the next one!

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler

TrainerBOB

May 1st, 2011, 2:00 pm #357

[+] Replies
Destroyanator wrote:Another excellent chapter. i can see why you were looking forward to writing this section.
Also, i think that Daisy wins the "Worst sister in the history of the universe" award.
And don't even get me started on Sabrina.... who is she working for? was she trying to send William and Chris into a trap?
I'm following with avid interest.
Yes, I think this is my favorite part of the entire story run - :smile:
Daisy and is indeed a bitch, and Sabrina remains a mystery.
And why has Sabrina remained a mystery?
[+] Spoiler
Because - I haven't told you all of the rules. :wink:
Hawkfire wrote:Wow, I really don't have a clue about what Sabrina's doing anymore.
Seconding Daisy winning the 'worst sister in the history of the universe' award.
Thridly, I think Zapdos is kinda awesome :smile: looking forward to the fight!
You'll see what happens with Zapdos in a second - you might be surprised...
Epsilon wrote:but does Zapdos want revenge/vengeance, or is he really trying to help them? He DID tell them which wires to cut...
You're about to find out :wink:
lisalo wrote:1st appearance of non gen-1 pokemon, dunno if anyone noticed. Really weird, but other regions had been mentioned in pasiing, so good.

Most importantly, though, I believe Sabrina is working for Sabrina (and with possibly Blaine), switching sides whenever she gains by it. Either that, or her psychic powers make her some sort of oracle and she serves time. Zapdos is... well, just a legendary bird, serving the prophecy, THAT's a given.
Wow - I think you're right. While I've mentioned other regions, I don't think I've mentioned other Pokemon...that is kind of weird.
Ah well, sometimes I don't get far enough outsides of the contents of the game its based on, lol.
As far as your speculations...we'll see :wink:
LordQ wrote:A very interesting chapter, and I notice you got a new editor too! Small problem relating to that - I've noticed it before, and it was in this chapter as well. People don't 'revenge' one another, they 'avenge' one another.

Looking forwards to the next one!
Thanks LordQ - I fixed that problem! :smile:
And thank you, new chapter in about five lines, haha lol
Chapter Sixty-Four: Zapdos
[+] Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Four: Zapdos

William and Chris stayed perfectly frozen as they stared into the black eyes of Zapdos. They didn’t dare make a movement to unclip a ball from their belt. Though they both knew they were competent trainers who might stand a chance against Zapdos, they also knew that Zapdos could kill them both in less than a single second.

Zapdos was a magnificent Pokémon, both trainers had to admit. With electrical currents running up and down its jagged, yellow wings, and a sharp beak, beauty had mixed with power.

It was the same mixture of beauty and power that made Zapdos look so lethal and deadly.

“Listen to me,” William said, saying his words slowly and carefully. “We’re not your enemy…we’re just trying to help save innocent lives.”

“Don’t insult my intelligence, child,” Zapdos said, twirling his beady black eyes to William. “I am more knowledgeable than you give me credit for.”

William and Chris stayed still and silent, their eyes wide and fearful.

“Relax, children – I am not here to kill you,” Zapdos said. “My curiosity got the better of me when I saw your presence, so I decided to meet the children who will shape the future of Kanto. Besides, it seems you need my help.”

Zapdos reached his long beak across to the electrical box behind William and Chris, and he clipped the seven yellow wires with his mouth. A loud sounding alarm starting to vibrate through the air, but the legendary Pokémon did not seem concerned with it.

“There,” Zapdos said. “Saffron City is now powerless; this should aid you in your quest.”

“You know of what Team Rocket is doing in Saffron?” Chris asked, finding the courage to speak.

“I don’t know what they are doing, only that they are doing something,” Zapdos said. “And knowing their track record, they need to be stopped. Good luck, William and Chris Oak.”

Zapdos turned his body around and prepared to fly away.

“Wait!” William suddenly yelled, taking a stride forward. Zapdos paused, tucked his wings back into his body, and turned around. William didn’t know what drove him to ask it – but something did. “What do you know of my father?”

Zapdos twirled his head on his side.

“I will never understand humans and their obsession with their parents. Your father was a great man, William Oak; he helped save all of Kanto. He came to me after Jimmy had killed my mother and my father had been enslaved. He helped me during my time of weakness, and from me he learned of my father’s weaknesses.” Zapdos looked away from William then, and his eyes found Chris. “But in the end, whoever your father is means nothing. You will be the man you choose to be. The ones before you are not your gods. You, and you alone will chose the path before you.”

“Thank you, Zapdos,” William said softly. Chris merely bowed his head.

Zapdos turned away, preparing to fly away once more. But, he paused again, and turned back around.

“You know, I am the last of my kind. There are no more Zapdos that I am aware of who roam the world. Once I die, I will become merely a legend and a myth.”

William frowned, and asked carefully, “Why are you telling us this?”

“Because I want you to understand that nothing lasts forever. There is no foe that cannot be vanquished. I will live until I am slain. As a Legendary Pokémon, I am immortal, and will not be killed by time or disease. But one day I will fade away.” Zapdos paused and then continued, “Do not fear Jimmy Oak. He is a monster – but he is by no means a god. You can, and one day must defeat him.”

And then, without another word, Zapdos turned and flew off into the sky, beating his powerful wings against the air. Chris ran forward, and screamed out.

“Wait! You could help us stop Team Rocket!”

A deep and powerful voice floated down to the two Oaks standing on the roof of the Power Plant.

“I have learned from my parents’ mistakes, children. I cannot help you – I must hide. For while I have told you not to fear Jimmy Oak, I fear him myself very, very much.”
-Edited by Kyatenaru
[+] A Few Thoughts...
Sorry for such the short chapter, I really thought that conversation would be longer. But I didn't want to force it. Had I known this chapter would have been this length, I would have tacked it on at the end of the last chapter.

Anyway, there was one, tiny, very important detail in this chapter. Just FYI [/evil grin]

lisalo

May 1st, 2011, 4:01 pm #358

I HATE legendary heroes/ wise advisers/ senseis. They are always criptic and always give obscure advice, never do anything, run away despìte being able to kick the bad guy's sorry ass...

As for the important, yet minor detail: has it got something to do with the "Jimmy is not a god" line? because, if he gets control of the three birds (and so is able to control the elements), and of Mewtwo/ Mew (ilimited power in many scary aspects) he could very well be considered a god (I'm assuming he's not going to catch Arceus).

The Frog

May 1st, 2011, 4:29 pm #359

Other games which contain Zapdos: HG/SS (Arguably the same one), FR/LG (Definately the same one) Platinum (Probably not the same one), Colloseum XD (Again, probably a different one), Ranger:Guardian Signs (Again, different), Snap (Probably non-canon), Mystery Dungeon (Set in another reality). Pinball, Trozei and Rumble don't count since they don't have actual, living pokemon. So there's at least 3 more in this world alone. Depends on which games the Sons of Three series considers canon.

Current Run:
Yellow
(Chapter Thirteen, put up Mar 17 2011)(Yes, it hasn't been updated in over a year. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.)
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:
Blind White: The Abridged Series (Reached Episode 8)

Destroyanator

May 1st, 2011, 7:21 pm #360

i have to say, i'm rather relieved that they didn't have to fight Zapdos. i was worried someone might die.
As for the important detail, i must admit that i'm baffled.