Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
Hawkfire
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

April 26th, 2011, 2:31 am #321

Aww, that chapter was pretty heartwarming ^^

And as for Koga vs William...
[+] Spoiler
I have a hunch Fleance might be killed. Since he probably knows some super effective ground type moves, you might have sent him out first just to be psychic'd by a venonat about 6 levels higher than him... I think you'd have been able to sweep the rest with Tybalt though

Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

April 26th, 2011, 2:45 am #322

oh, poor Chris...
Hello. Let's play some music.

Destroyanator
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

April 26th, 2011, 6:33 am #323

man......... chris really can't catch a break can he..... i just want to give him a hug :crying:
[+] Spoiler
As for Koga, you can probably just sweep him with Tybalt......
I have to admit, i was kinda disappointed that Chris and William weren't brothers, although i suppose Janine would have raised Chris herself if they had been..... that leaves us to speculate as to who Janine's other child is..... the only character i can think of is Val, and i really hope it's not her.....
That comment about Silph Co. has got me worried. i hope you mean a lot of side characters get slaughtered: specifically, i hope that Koga dies. between him and Giovanni, i think they've succeeded in scaring Chris and William for life.
Also, if Jasmine and Jimmy were together, that's going to have implications for your SoulSilver Run, right?
will we see Jimmy appear, by any chance? :nervous: that guy scares me.
I've also noticed a distinct lack of Sabrina speculation...... she warned Agatha, but then suddenly disappeared. was she captured? mind controlled? is she actually evil? only time will tell, i suppose, although i'm leaning toward some form of mind control for the gym battle. i kinda feel like the whole "Evil Sabrina" thing has been overused. but considering the general tone of this run, i'm not going to call anything quite yet: Bob might've thrown in a few twists that no one will ever suspect. i wouldn't be surprised if Sabrina was hatching her own evil plot...... or another one of Jimmy's many lovers.......... He has to have dated women who weren't Koga's daughter. i hope.
Finally, if Jimmy managed to convince Team Rocket to switch loyalties in the civil war, that would support earlier speculation that he might have some form of influence over them....... scary.
Overall this update was EXCELLENT! i hope no pokes die at Silph Co. i would cry manly, manly tears. :stare:

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

April 26th, 2011, 8:57 pm #324

[+] Replies
*the quote-thingy's not working, so I'll just do this like this:*

@Hawkfire: Thanks! As far as you're prediction...we'll see! :wink:

@Epsilon: Yes...I am really horrible to Chris...and I don't get much nicer. :x_x:

@Destroyanator: Thank you! :smile:
At the very least Jimmy's voice will appear in my SoulSilver run, but I might show his full character. Not sure yet...(I'm hoping I get better at actually drawing first).
Sabrina is...a mystery. She seems like a contradiction now, but more groundwork will be laid down soon enough. (Prelude for next part)
And now update!
Chapter Sixty
[+] Chapter Sixty
Desdemona

Tybalt could sweep through the whole place by himself…

William was walking to the Fuchsia City Gym, but he paid no attention the setting around him. His mind was entirely focused on the upcoming battle.

But if Tybalt is weakened early on, he may not be able to finish the battle off...

The morning son was just now creeping over the horizon. Three days ago, William had defended Lavender Town from Team Rocket. Since then, he had traveled down to Fuchsia City, on foot.

So, I shouldn’t start with Tybalt. And there’s no way I could use Virgilia, Brabantio, or Eros. They’re just too weak still…

Virgilia and Brabantio had both reached their final evolutions, making them far more powerful then they were before. But compared to the other half of William’s team, they were still too weak.

William now passed the Pokémon center. He did not glance through the windows at of the center. Had he done so, he would have seen the television screen, which was showing the region-wide news. But that was okay - nothing too spectacular was on the news.

Yet.

Fleance would be good…but some poison types can use psychic-type moves. If he were hit by an attack like that, he would be in trouble…

William reached the Fuchsia City Gym, and he stayed entirely still as he stared up at the bland building. There were no windows – it looked less like a Gym and more like a prison.

So that leaves me with Desdemona…she’ll be able to do a lot of damage with her Psybeam attacks…but can she take many hits?

William paused as he started up at the building. He licked his lips nervously, and then he unclipped a ball from his belt. Carefully pressing the center, he let out his Butterfree.

Desdemona hummed softly as the red light unleashed her from the pokeball. She hummed softly, and fluttered to William’s shoulder, where she rested.

“Hey Des’,” William said, smiling as he softly stroked one of her wings. She stared at her trainer with her large red eyes. “I want to use you first in this battle…think you can do it?”

Desdemona leaned her head in against William’s cheeks, and she hummed softly. Then she took flight into the air, and fluttered by William’s side. Her eyes, normally soft and kind, were now alit with determination.

“Thata, girl,” William said softly. “Now…let’s go.”

William pushed the cold doors aside, and he walked slowly into the poorly lit gym. A battlefield made of dirt lay before him, and across the field a dark figure stood.

“Hello William Oak,” the man said. “I’ve been waiting for you.”

William stepped forward, already frowning.

“Hello Koga…or should I say grandfather.”

The man raised his hands and clapped them once. Dim lights came on, and William could see the man now. He was tall, with black hair, and a few wrinkles littered across his face. His mouth was curved in the smallest of degrees, and his eyes shone with something dangerous.

His clothes were black – the clothes of a ninja.

“Well, well. Unlike your cousin, you seem to actual know what is going on.”

“My cousin?” William repeated.

“Chris Oak,” Koga said. “He came in here…and won. But he was completely clueless to the events that are rapidly unraveling in Kanto.”

Shit, William thought to himself, Chris…he doesn’t know anything…

“So…” William stuttered, “You admit…something is happening.”

“Oh please boy,” Koga said, his tone had a hint of annoyance. “Let’s no play games. You are no fool – you may be a son of my daughter, but even she is no fool. Arrogant trusting, and loving yes, but she is at least no fool.”

“You talk as if trusting and loving were bad traits,” William said, glancing up to Desdemona who still fluttered by his side.

“Love is rough, not tender as many believe, and trust will get you killed,” Koga said, slipping a ball out of his pocket. “You are so very much like your mother and father William. Your father has already died because of it. Your mother will too soon. And you will follow them.”

William bit down on his lips, but then he smiled slightly.

“My father isn’t dead Koga.” There was a flash of surprise in the gym leader’s eyes, but then the look of arrogance quickly returned.

“Then where is he?” Koga challenged. “Some father – to abandon you like that.”

“He is just…” but William stopped – he didn’t know where his father was, or where he had been all of William’s life.

“That’s what I thought,” Koga said, smiling wider. “But let’s stop this word game and do what you came here for.”

Koga threw back his arms, shrugging a red cape off of his back.

“William Oak – welcome to the Fuchsia City Gym,” Koga said. “You may use up to six Pokémon – I will be restricted to four. You may switch out your Pokémon at any time you wish. I may not. If I call a Pokémon back, I will not be able to use it again in battle, and the round will be considered yours. Do you understand?”

“Yes I do,” William said.

“This is a serious Gym Battle,” Koga said. “I will not hesitate to kill your Pokémon.”

“Is that a threat?” William asked, surprised by the changed wording.

“Yes,” Koga said, his eyes serious. “Do you reconsider?”

“No,” William said. “You’re working with Jimmy – I want information when this is over Koga.”

Koga smiled as he tossed a ball in the air, unleashing a Venonat on the field. The purple Pokémon had two wide red eyes, and antennas growing out of its fuzzy body.

“Perhaps I will give you something,” Koga said.

“Let’s go Desdemona,” William said, pointing to the battle field dramatically. The Butterfree took flight, flying at a faster rare then she ever had before, her entire body leaning forward into her flight.

“Now, use Psychic!” Koga ordered, his tone deep and serious. The Venonat spun on the ground, and its eyes glowed a deep Purple.

“Desdemona, fight it off with Psybeam!”

Desdemona’s eyes glowed, and a pure beam of purple shot forth from her eyes. They struck the Venonat straight on, and the bug Pokémon was sent blasting forth through the air. It landed with a thump a foot in front of Koga, where it struggled to move.

“Damn,” Koga said, lifting a Pokeball. “Return!” Koga slipped another ball from his black clothes, and sent it flying through the air.

“Venonat – go!”

“Another one,” William asked, feeling cocky. “Didn’t you learn a lesson last time? Desdemona – Psybeam!”

Once more, purple beams shot forth from the Butterfree’s eyes, and the struck the Venonat. The bug Pokémon however jumped into the air as it was struck, and while taking damage it was still coherent.

“Now – use toxic!” Koga ordered. The Venonat opened its mouth and spitted out a poisonous slush.

“Desdemona, dodge!” William yelled. Desdemona spun around, letting the toxic just miss her.

But it was the second , unexpected mush of poison that hit Desdemona. She let lose a sharp cry, and shook off the toxic.

“Desdemona –quickly use Psybeam!”

Another set of purple beams shot forth from her eyes, sending the Venont face down on the ground, where it trembled.

“Return,” Koga said, smiling this time. “You’re Butterfree’s been poison – it won’t last that long.”

“Desdemona,” William cried out. “Are you doing alright?” Desdemona seemed to be fluttering side-to-side, and her movements were slow and painful. But she hummed back angrily and determined.

“Alright…” William said, unsure.

“Now,” Koga said, holding up his next Pokeball. “Go Venonat!” Another purple fuzz-ball was unleashed onto the field.

“Psybeam!” William cried out.

“Psychic!” Koga yelled.

But, before Venonat’s eyes could even turn purple, it was knocked to the ground by a powerful Psybeam attack. The Venonat stayed on the ground, trembling and shaking.

“Well, well,” Koga said, as he recalled his third Pokémon. “I’m impressed. You seem to have your mother’s ability to battle.”

“Just send out your last Pokémon, so we can end this already,” William snapped back, eyeing Desdemona carefully.

“Oh William,” Koga said, his voice solemn, but his mouth twisted into a grin. “You should be careful what you wish for. Go – Venomoth!”

A large, moth-like Pokémon was unleashed onto the field. It was as big as Koga, and its wings were 3 yards wide each. Its eyes were the size of William’s head, and they were entirely focused on Desdemona.

“Desdemona…” William said softly.

Desdemona hummed passionately, ready to fight. William frowned, feeling uneasy and unsure.

“Now – Psychic!” Koga yelled.

“Desdemona – Psybeam!” William yelled in response.

Desdemona’s eyes turned a brilliant purple and…

She was suddenly blasted straight to the ground by an invisible force. She made an indent in the dirt, and then was lifted up in the air, and was she blasting into William’s arms. He caught her, and held her against his chest. In the entire process, Venomoth stayed complete still, fluttering just a few inches off the ground, its eyes wide and unblinking.

William looked down at Desdemona in horror.

Her eyes were closed, and her body was still.
[+] A Few Thoughts
If it pleases you, you can speculate at her fate...

Retskcaj

April 27th, 2011, 2:06 am #325

[+] I swear to God
If you killed off Jasmine, I will develop a way to leap through your computer monitor and strangle you with my bare hands.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I've spotted a few typos here and there, but nothing too bad and let's face it, typos happen even by professionals who have publishers and teams of editors, so we're pretty much doomed to them. And I personally think Des will be fine, I'm having a hard time believing you wouldn't switch her out for Tybalt with only Venomoth left. :scallop:

All and all, good work and I'll just stay here in my bunker until all these plot bombs stop falling. *Thumbs up*

TrainerBOB

April 27th, 2011, 2:36 am #326

Retskcaj wrote:
[+] I swear to God
If you killed off Jasmine, I will develop a way to leap through your computer monitor and strangle you with my bare hands.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I've spotted a few typos here and there, but nothing too bad and let's face it, typos happen even by professionals who have publishers and teams of editors, so we're pretty much doomed to them. And I personally think Des will be fine, I'm having a hard time believing you wouldn't switch her out for Tybalt with only Venomoth left. :scallop:

All and all, good work and I'll just stay here in my bunker until all these plot bombs stop falling. *Thumbs up*
Uh... :ohdear:
Retskcaj wrote:If you killed off Jasmine, I will develop a way to leap through your computer monitor and strangle you with my bare hands.
Lol, I'm hoping you mean someone besides Jasmine, the Johto Gym Leader, since she is already dead, lol.

And yeah, sorry about the typos, I think I've gotten better though. But thank you very much! :smile:

And you might want to reinforce that bunker of yours. The plot bombs only get bigger...

Hawkfire

April 27th, 2011, 2:45 am #327

O_O wow....
[+] Spoiler
I really hope she's alright, but the terms you used make it seem unlikely... Kinda odd how you used a bady poisoned Butterfree for versing a full health higher level Venomoth, so she could possibly be okay....

Destroyanator

April 27th, 2011, 3:30 am #328

Ohboy....... this chapter ended on a cliffhanger......... :ohdear:
[+] Spoiler
To be honest, i think Desdemona is dead.although she only took one hit before that, so..... i can't rule anything out. That comment about Sabrina being "a contradiction" has me interested. i can't wait to see how this plays out.....
An idea occured to me while writing this very post..... what if Valerie was somehow related to Sabrina...... :notsure: however it turns out, its sure to be interesting.

TrainerBOB

April 28th, 2011, 1:25 am #329

[+] Replies
Hawkfire wrote:O_O wow....
[+] Spoiler
I really hope she's alright, but the terms you used make it seem unlikely... Kinda odd how you used a bady poisoned Butterfree for versing a full health higher level Venomoth, so she could possibly be okay....
Desdemona was at almost full health when Koga sent in Venomoth, but then psychic did more damage than I thought it would. While Bug moves are strong against Psychic types, Psychic moves are still fully effective against Bug types...
So...we'll see...

Destroyanator wrote:Ohboy....... this chapter ended on a cliffhanger......... :ohdear:
[+] Spoiler
To be honest, i think Desdemona is dead.although she only took one hit before that, so..... i can't rule anything out. That comment about Sabrina being "a contradiction" has me interested. i can't wait to see how this plays out.....
An idea occured to me while writing this very post..... what if Valerie was somehow related to Sabrina...... :notsure: however it turns out, its sure to be interesting.
Hm... I'm not sure if I was right to call Sabrina a contradiction. Calling a Sabrina a contradiction might not of been the best word...but it kinda fits. :=/: Oh well - I think you'll be surprised at her twist...or you might have already figured it out. We'll have to wait and see...
And as far as your Val prediction, I'll just say that is not the case - though that is a very interesting guess and you are thinking out of the box. In order to figure Val out, you will have to think outside the box, and follow all the clues given. Remember, the smallest details mean the world when it comes to Val...
Working on the next update - but I arrived at an issue. Should I end this part in one, final chapter, or two? Y'all will be stuck with a slight cliffhanger regardless, so its just a matter of how late this update will be posted tonight :laughing:

Regardless, in the next update...
[+] Spoiler
ARE YOUU SURE?
[+] Spoiler
A Pokemon will die.
Sorry I've become such a troll...

Wander

April 28th, 2011, 2:00 am #330

[+] Spoiler
You troll, you.
Anyways, I'm holding out hope for Des, seeing as you only said A pokemon will die, not one of William's.

And...no real big plot bombs have dropped yet, it seems...so I'll just leave my post at that. Finish the part in one chapter, tonight, pretty please? :heart:

TrainerBOB

April 28th, 2011, 3:18 am #331

You asked for it, so you get it! This chapter jumps around a bit, but it concludes Part 6.

Chapter Sixty-One
[+] Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-One: Foreshadows

Chris Oak sat at the kitchen table of Janine Oak – it was mid-morning. His eyes were weary, but his heart content. He had not slept through the night so easily in many weeks – not since he started his journey.

Last night, his Aunt had told him everything she had told William in Lavender Town. She told him of her past, of her journey to the Pokémon League, and everything that had happened to her.

And then she told him what words were said to William when he reached the highest floor of the Pokémon Tower. The prophecy sent chills down Chris’s spine at the time, and the words still echoed in his head.

Janine came in from the kitchen and she set down a plate of scrambled eggs in front of Chris. He smiled appreciatively and started to eat. However, within a few seconds, he paused and looked up.

“Aunt Janine…there’s one thing I’ve been wondering?”

Janine carefully placed a fork filled with eggs in her mouth, chewed, swallowed, and then asked –

“What’s that?”

“Why didn’t Richard ever challenge the league?”

Janine set her fork down and took a deep sigh.

“Richard went through the eight gym battles and collected all eight badges with relative ease – just like Jimmy and I did. He, however, didn’t want to fight in the Pokémon League. He loved his Pokémon so much that sending them into battle caused him great pain. So, he resigned from all Pokémon battling shortly after defeating his mother for the eighth badge.” Janine sighed as she closed her eyes. “He didn’t battle again until he saved me from Jimmy’s wrath. And it cost him the life of one of his Pokémon.”

Chris nodded slowly, and then asked –

“And what of Charlie?”

“Charlie did challenge the league, and made it all the way to the Champion – me,” Janine said, raising her head to the ceiling as she remembered the day. “We fought, and had an excellent battle. Charlie was without a doubt my toughest challenger, I almost lost. Had it not been for me, there is no doubt in my mind that Charlie would have become Champion.”

-------------------------------

“Desdemona…” William said the name softly. He held his Butterfree in his hands, and his eyes were wide and horror and fear. Her eyes were closed, and she stayed entirely still.

“Give in – she’s dead,” Koga said harshly. “send in your next Pokémon or forfiet the-”

In a flash Desdemona was out of William’s hands and a purple beam of pure psychic power was unleashed from her eyes. The beam struck Koga’s Venomoth straight on, and the bug-poison type Pokémon was sent reeling backwards. It didn’t fall to the ground, but it trembled in pain as it fluttered above the ground.

“Desdemona!” William said in shock.

“How is this possible!” Koga exclaimed. “Its just a Butterfree!”

Desdemona fluttered in the air, strong as ever, her eyes determined, and her wings crisp and sharp. She hummed softly to William, and…

“Return!” William said, not risking it again. A red beam engulfed Desdemona, and she returned safely to her ball.

“Well, well,” Koga said, his face clenched and his eyes narrowed. “Perhaps I underestimated you…I should have had my Venomoth kill that bug in your hands while I had the chance.”

“Sorry – sucks to be you I guess,” William said, as he unclipped the next ball from his belt. “Guess its time for me to finish the battle up now.”

“Oh, don’t get too cocky,” Koga hissed. “I’ll be damned if I don’t take down at least one of your Pokémon permanently

“Good luck beating this one,” William shot back, as he tossed the Pokeball in the air.

A strong, powerful, roaring Charizard came bursting forth from the ball. He landed on the battlefield with a heavy thump, his legs kicking up a cloud of dust. He snarled and reared his head back, and let lose a mighty roar that shook the building.

Koga’s Venomoth stared at the Charizard – eyes unblinking.

“Well, well,” Koga said, smiling as he crossed his arms. “Finally – a worthy foe.”

“Tybalt is more than worthy,” William said. “Show ‘em what you’re made of Tybalt!”

The Charizard jumped in the air, claws outstretched and mouth wide open…

“Psychic,” Koga said in a voice that was hardly a whisper.

Tybalt was sent tumbling backwards from a powerful invisible attack. He slammed into the wall – once more causing the entire building to tremble.

But the Charizard was back in the air within a second, and from his jaws he unleashed a torrent of burning flames.

Venomoth let forth a cracking sound that sound like laughing as it spun aside, judging the flames.

“Tybalt – use Slash!” William ordered, raising his hands high in the sky.

The Charizard spun, using his tail to control his momentum, and he pursued the Venomoth through the airs of the battlefield. He crashed into the bug-poison type Pokémon, and the two came crashing to the ground. On the ground Tybalt gained the upper hand and was on top of Koga’s most prized Pokémon. He raised his claws in the air and-

“Psychic.”

Tybalt was sent blasting straight up in the air. He went through the ceiling, forming a large hole.

The gym was silent. Tybalt did not come flying back down.

“…Tybalt?” William said hesitantly. Koga looked up at the ceiling, smiling.

But then the wall behind Koga came crashing down as Tybalt flew through it. The Charizard’s jaws were parted and Koga gasped as he ducked to the ground. But it was not Koga Tybalt was after.

The Venomoth had just enough time to widen its eyes before the flames engulfed it.

Tybalt landed next to William, and turned around, snorting steam out of his nostrils. The Venomoth had been burned to a crisp, and it was dead.

William swallowed as he stared at the black body of Koga’s once great Pokémon. He couldn’t help but think that could be one of his own Pokémon some day. It had been in the past, and it could just as easily happen again.

Koga stared at the dead Venomoth on the field, and he slipped his hand into his pocket with a trembling hand. He brought out a Pokeball, and sent a red beam to the Venomoth. It hit the Venomoth, and then the red beam evaporated. It had not effect on the dead body.

Koga dropped the ball to the ground, and then he smashed it with his foot. He then slipped his hand into his pocket once more, and threw a small pink badge across the room to William.

It hit William in the stomach, and then dropped to the floor. William bent down, and picked up the heart-shape Soul Badge.

“Take it and go,” Koga said, his face turned away.

William looked up to his grandfather, his eyes torn between a deep internal conflict. But then, without a second of hesitation, he returned Tybalt to his ball, and then turned and left the gym.

----------------------------------

Some of them came unexpectedly out of houses. Others climbed up through the sewers. Some parachuted down from the sky. Others drew into Saffron City in giant hummers.

But – one by one – every single Team Rocket member appeared quite suddenly on Saffron City’s busiest street – Main Street. They formed together in lines, and marched forward in unison.

Tall apartment buildings lined the street. Children glanced out with curiosity, and mothers and fathers gasped while they locked their doors and windows. Over a thousand Rockets were marching. They looked like an army going to war.

The Police Officers didn’t dare try to stop them. They poked their heads out of their cars like curious moles, but then they quickly ducked back inside.

Small and large businesses alike on Main Street pulled up the blinds of their windows. Closed signs were placed on the doors. Lights were turned off. Locks were turned, and furniture was pushed up against the doors.

But the Rockets weren’t concerned with the apartment buildings. They weren’t concerned with the little children or their parents. They didn’t care about the small or large businesses.

No – they marched in unison together towards the Silph Co.

“Long live Team Rocket.”

They army had begun to chant.

“Our leader is the greatest.”

They spoke in perfect unison, their faces pale and dull. They all wore dark clothes, with the red ‘R’ stamped on their chests.

“Our leader will become the most powerful man.”

The sound of their feet stomping on the ground echoed throughout the city.

“And he shall rule the world until the end of time.”

Dozens of helicopters suddenly appeared in the air, floating above the city. Bolts of lightening from electric type Pokémon struck down towards the ground, burning the concert. It was a display of power. It was a display of strength.

It was a challenge to be challenged.

None dare take the challenge.

The once vibrant, noisy city had gone silent. People had stopped driving – they left their cars abandoned on the side of the roads while they ran for the back alleys to hide.

The silence was disturbing. No noise could be heard except for the marching and the chanting. The Rockets had become they only ones that dared to breath loudly in the town, or speak above the softest whisper.

“Long live Team Rocket. Our leader is the greatest. Our leader will become the most powerful man. And he shall rule the world until the end of time.”

Rocket Admin Jessie marched in front of the entire army. Her eyes were fixated on the Silph Co. that was at the end of Main Street. She chanted along with the rest of the army behind her, but her voice was barely a whisper. Jessie’s hair was dyed red once again, and gelled back into a single curved spike. Makeup had been heavily applied to her face. Tears were forming at the corner of her eyes. She moved a hand to wipe them away, and then she brushed the tear through her hair.

The tiniest bit of red dye came out with the tear – but not enough to reveal her true hair color.

James was on Jessie’s mind as she marched. But she still repeated the chant along with the rest of the army.
“Long live Team Rocket. Our leader is the greatest. Our leader will become the most powerful man. And he shall rule the world until the end of time.”

The army was no more than fifty yards away from the Silph Co. Out of thin air, Giovanni appeared, along with an Alakazam. He was dressed in a fine black suite, and wore a tie that was the color of blood. His black hair was combed down perfectly, and his eyebrows were trimmed to fine curves.

His shoes were pitch black, and there were small golden buttons on his suite. He turned around to face his army and – as the Alakazam teleported away – he raised his hands up to the sky in front of his army. They cheered and screamed, and several of them threw their hats in the air.

Only Jessie was silent. She walked forward to her leader, and she curtly nodded to him.

“What’s the matter Jessie,” Giovanni said out of the corner of his mouth as he waved to his army, “not having any regrets are you?”

Jessie turned and looked up to the highest room of the Silph Co, and then said through locked teeth,

“Not a single one.”

---------------------

William entered the Pokémon Center, and found everyone’s attention was on the flat screen TV that was hooked to the corner. He ignored it – for now he was more focused on his Pokémon. He was sure Desdemona was still in pain – and he wanted to heal her as soon as possible.

William approached the front desk, where a Nurse Joy stood. Her attention was on the screen though, along with everyone else.

“Excuse me,” William said. She ignored him. “Excuse me!” William said louder. Nurse Joy blinked, and she turned her head to William. “I’d like my Pokémon healed please.”

The Nurse automatically took the balls from William without saying a word. She dropped them in a machine, and then turned her attention back to the screen.

William frowned, and followed his gaze.

And then he felt the breath leave his lungs.

“We’re not sure what is happening,” an announcer from a helicopter said. The camera showed her arm as she pointed down to an army of Team Rocket marching through Saffron City. “Only that the Rockets seemed to be heading towards the Silph Co. We aren’t sure what their purpose is – but this is the largest gathering ever made by the criminal organization. This is large than anyone thought-”

Suddenly, the woman screamed as electric currents ran through her body. Another helicopter with a large ‘R’ suddenly appeared on the screen, and wicked flash of lightening struck the camera.

The screen went black.

The crowd of the Pokémon center murmured among themselves in concern and fear. Nurse Joy shook her head and she retrieved the balls from the machine. She handed them to William, who took them dumbfounded.

William turned around, not sure what to think or said. Only that-

And then William found himself facing Koga. The gym leader smiled cruelly at William, and pointed to the blank screen.

“Want to find out more about Jimmy Oak?” Koga asked him. “Go to Saffron.”

William looked at his grandfather for one, long silent moment. And then, he ran out of the Pokémon Center, already holding the ball that contained Tybalt.

Koga smiled after William, and then raised his wrist to his mouth. He pressed a button on his watch, and said softly into it:

“He’s coming your way.”

----------------------------

Janine Oak gasped in horror as the screen went blank. Chris was sitting next to her on the living room couch, his eyes blank as he thought through the events on the screen.

Then, he stood up, and said softly.

“I have to go Aunt Janine.”

“Go?” She repeated, surprised. “Go where? Don’t tell me you’re going to Saffron!”

“I have to!” Chris said. “I know Jimmy has something to do with this…I don’t know why…but I can feel it.”

“Chris!” Janine exclaimed. “Chris – you’re just a boy – you can’t be expected to handle this!”

Chris closed his eyes, and then he said softly.

“William is going too…if I know William like I think I do…then he’ll be there. And I have to help him. After all…he’s my cousin. And…he’s my friend.”

Janine stared at Chris for a long second, and then she embraced him slowly and softly.

“Good luck Chris,” she said, her voice on the verge of breaking. “Good luck to both of you.”
[+] A Few Thoughts
I didn't say A Pokemon on MY team would die. :v:

Sorry, don't hate me forever. In game there was a bit of the scare from the psychic, but Desdemona was a COMPLETE AND TOTALY BEAST IN THAT BATTLE.
Here's what happened.

Desdemona vs. first Venonat. Desdemona crits it in one hit.
Desdemona vs. second Venonat. Desdemona hits it with Psybeam, Desdemona is then poisoned, and then Desdemona finishes it off.
Desdemona vs. third Venonat. Desdemona crits it in one hit.
Desdemona vs. Venomoth. Desdemona strikes first (YES SHE OUTSPED IT), and takes Venomoth down to less than half HP. Venomoth's Psychic puts Desdemona in the yellow. Effects of Poision puts her in the red. I probably could of left her in for one last move and she could have finished it off, but I didn't want to risk it.
William switches to Tybalt. Venomoth uses Psychic, and does okay-damage. Tybalt finishes battle off with Flamethrower.

Yeah, I made it seem a little more dramatic. But seriously, Desdemona was a god in that battle, and made it much easier than it would have been otherwise. I guess this is the part where Butterfree becomes an absolute master.

Anyway, there is a good deal of foreshadowing in this chapter, especially concerning Charlie Oak...
I will post a plot summary tomorrow. There will be an individual summary for each part - so for anyone who is struggling, I will be posting that to relieve everyone and catch people up.

After that we have another entry from Oak. This entry will be fun to write, and will concern Sabrina of course. And then we have part 7. I made a rough outline, and the events of the Silph Co. will take about 8 chapters to cover. Yes - a LOT happens there. Hopefully, you won't see all of it coming...

Destroyanator

April 28th, 2011, 4:31 am #332

First, i need to say this:
YOU GODDAMN TROLL! I HAD MY TISSUE BOX ALL READY FOR THIS CHAPTER...... (jk i was so happy when Des didn't die :xd: )
Secondly, i believe i have finaly discovered Val's identity:
[+] Spoiler
here how i figured it out
Bob said: "Remember, the smallest details mean the world when it comes to Val..."
Me: I MUST READ EVERY CHAPTER WITH VAL IN IT!!!!! NOW!!!!!
(i'm not kidding, i actually did that. i took notes. in a notebook.)
Anyway, here's a few things that stood out for me:
1. in almost every description of Val, it mentions that she has dyed red streaks in her hair. coincide? i think not.
2. Second, in every description of JESSIE, she is described as heavily made up so as to hide her age....... (you now see where i'm going. you think i have lost my mind. But have i?)
3. Thirdly, i say this quote in chapter 61: "Makeup had been heavily applied to her face. Tears were forming at the corner of her eyes. She moved a hand to wipe them away, and then she brushed the tear through her hair.
The tiniest bit of red dye came out with the tear – but not enough to reveal her true hair color." i think Bob is hinting at something here......
4. Fourth, back on the S.S. Anne, people speculated that Val sank it, due to the suspicious conversation between Val and her "brother" who, if you read that chapter, is described to have a haircut similar to James. hmmm....
All of this leads me to the conclusion that Val is, in fact, Jessie. there are a bunch of other examples throughout te first few chapters, up until James dies, and Agatha has that whole rant about a "death changing destiny", probably because James's death turned Val against William..... So Bob included not one but TWO plot twists about Jessie.... i wonder if there's a third..... a this point, i take nothing for granted.
Over, this chapter is an excellent lead up to the next part. i'm really excited :roll:

Hawkfire

April 28th, 2011, 7:53 am #333

Oh wow... I'm so glad she didn't die, I was a little worried about Tybalt, but a venomoth taking down a charizard is pretty unbelievavle :/
Anayway, can't wait for the next part!

And Destroyanator's theory is really good, I think William probably would have still recognised her if she was Val though...

Retskcaj

April 28th, 2011, 12:17 pm #334

TrainerBOB wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Retskcaj wrote:
[+] I swear to God

Uh... :ohdear:
Retskcaj wrote:If you killed off Jasmine, I will develop a way to leap through your computer monitor and strangle you with my bare hands.
Lol, I'm hoping you mean someone besides Jasmine, the Johto Gym Leader, since she is already dead, lol.

And yeah, sorry about the typos, I think I've gotten better though. But thank you very much! :smile:

And you might want to reinforce that bunker of yours. The plot bombs only get bigger...

I'm going to catch a Pikachu and name it Bob.

Then I'm going to raise that Pikachu, with love and care, it shall know only joy and laughter.

I'll put that Pikachu in the daycare with another, and they will have many, many children.

And then I will murder his children in front of him.

You see what you made me do?

Also, I totally called that shit with the gym battle. :v:

And Destroyanator has won many internets for his theory, and now I feel dumb for not coming up with it myself.

QKNC
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym

April 28th, 2011, 5:28 pm #335

Getting a little sadistic there, aren't we, Retskcaj.
[+] Spoiler
As soon as the chapter mentioned something about Jessie hiding her hair colour and stuff, I immediately thought "SHE'S PROBABLY WILLIAM'S COUSIN OR SOMETHING." And then I thought, "Holy shit, what if it's Val." And then Destroyanator saw right through you, Bob :v:

I've been looking forward to Silph Co for a while now, oh boy.

TrainerBOB

April 28th, 2011, 11:55 pm #336

[+] Replies! :)
Destroyanator wrote:First, i need to say this:
YOU GODDAMN TROLL! I HAD MY TISSUE BOX ALL READY FOR THIS CHAPTER...... (jk i was so happy when Des didn't die :xd: )
Secondly, i believe i have finaly discovered Val's identity:
[+] Spoiler
here how i figured it out
Bob said: "Remember, the smallest details mean the world when it comes to Val..."
Me: I MUST READ EVERY CHAPTER WITH VAL IN IT!!!!! NOW!!!!!
(i'm not kidding, i actually did that. i took notes. in a notebook.)
Anyway, here's a few things that stood out for me:
1. in almost every description of Val, it mentions that she has dyed red streaks in her hair. coincide? i think not.
2. Second, in every description of JESSIE, she is described as heavily made up so as to hide her age....... (you now see where i'm going. you think i have lost my mind. But have i?)
3. Thirdly, i say this quote in chapter 61: "Makeup had been heavily applied to her face. Tears were forming at the corner of her eyes. She moved a hand to wipe them away, and then she brushed the tear through her hair.
The tiniest bit of red dye came out with the tear – but not enough to reveal her true hair color." i think Bob is hinting at something here......
4. Fourth, back on the S.S. Anne, people speculated that Val sank it, due to the suspicious conversation between Val and her "brother" who, if you read that chapter, is described to have a haircut similar to James. hmmm....
All of this leads me to the conclusion that Val is, in fact, Jessie. there are a bunch of other examples throughout te first few chapters, up until James dies, and Agatha has that whole rant about a "death changing destiny", probably because James's death turned Val against William..... So Bob included not one but TWO plot twists about Jessie.... i wonder if there's a third..... a this point, i take nothing for granted.
Over, this chapter is an excellent lead up to the next part. i'm really excited :roll:
Thank you for the complement :smile:
As far as your Val theory - no comment :wink: But I will say you're thinking out of the box.
Hawkfire wrote:Oh wow... I'm so glad she didn't die, I was a little worried about Tybalt, but a venomoth taking down a charizard is pretty unbelievavle :/
Anayway, can't wait for the next part!

And Destroyanator's theory is really good, I think William probably would have still recognised her if she was Val though...
Desdemona and Tybalt really pulled their wight in that battle. Everyone told me Butterfree would become a beast in the game, and she started to around Lavender Tower. But her true awesomeness came out in that battle.

And thank you - new part soon (possibly start late tonight?)
Retskcaj wrote:
I'm going to catch a Pikachu and name it Bob.

Then I'm going to raise that Pikachu, with love and care, it shall know only joy and laughter.

I'll put that Pikachu in the daycare with another, and they will have many, many children.

And then I will murder his children in front of him.

You see what you made me do?

Also, I totally called that shit with the gym battle.

And Destroyanator has won many internets for his theory, and now I feel dumb for not coming up with it myself.
Oh gawd, that face is so scary :ohdear:

Lol, sorry! But she's dead ::P:

And yes, I've become such a troll, and that gym battle exemplifies my troll-ness. :v:
QKNC wrote:Getting a little sadistic there, aren't we, Retskcaj.
[+] Spoiler
As soon as the chapter mentioned something about Jessie hiding her hair colour and stuff, I immediately thought "SHE'S PROBABLY WILLIAM'S COUSIN OR SOMETHING." And then I thought, "Holy shit, what if it's Val." And then Destroyanator saw right through you, Bob

I've been looking forward to Silph Co for a while now, oh boy.
Thanks QKNC! - I won't comment on Val, but you'll see...
But I will say the Silph Co. is going to be interesting. Do you all want me to post the death count so you can guess? Let me know. :roll: (Oh Arecus, I'm enjoying this, I am a troll).
And now...for the Plot Summaries...
These summaries will help catch up old followers and they will allow new followers to jump right in...I hope. Some chapters were summarized in a sentence, others in a paragraph, and some in an entire page.

I would of course prefer for new followers to read the entire story, but I understand that's unrealistic since its soooo long. I don't want to scare anyone away, so I'm hoping these plot summaries will help in catching old followers up (a few people have commented that they lost track of things), and getting new followers up to speed.

If you've been following this run please red the summaries to make sure everything makes sense and I didn't leave anything out. Please feel free to post questions in anything isn't clear. :smile:

Oh, and I know its riddled with grammar and spelling mistakes. I edited and checked it, but I'm tired, lol. :x_x:
[+] Plot Summary
[+] Part One
In the preface of Part One, Professor Oak reveals that he once had three children. His oldest child, Jimmy Oak, was the most ambitious. In the end however, it was that same ambition that destroyed Jimmy.
-------------------------------------------------
Professor Oak is getting ready to give away a starter Pokémon to William Shake (main character). However, he is not planning to give a starter Pokémon to his grandson – Chris Oak (rival). Daisy, Oak’s granddaughter and Chris’s sister, comes bursting in to Oak’s office, demanding he give Chris a starter Pokémon. Oak refuses, and Daisy accuses him of not trusting his grandson. But eventually Oak relents when he catches a Pikachu that perches on Oak’s window seal.

William and Chris visit Oak’s lab to get their starter Pokémon. Jade Shake, William’s mother, comes with her. William gets the Pikachu, and Chris gets the Eevee. They battle, and Percy (Pikachu) wins. The two boys go off on their journeys.

William attempts to challenge the Viridian City Gym, but the gym leader isn’t there. Then, he visits the next Route where he catches a Nidoran (Fleance). After that, William battles Chris, and William wins with relative ease – although Chris refuses to admit defeat. With that, Part One comes to a close.

Team: Percy (Pikachu), Fleance (Nidoran).
[+] Part Two
In the preface of Part Two, Professor Oak reveals that Jimmy challenged Flint, the gym leader of Pewter City, with his starter Pokémon (Squirtle). In the battle however, Flint was killed when his Onix was blasted backwards. At the time, everyone assumed it was an accident. Now, Oak believes it was done on purpose to scare the other leaders into submission. Oak ends the preface stating that Flint’s son, Brock, now runs the Pewter City Gym.
-------------------------------------------------

William catches a Caterpie in Viridian Forest and names her Desdemona. Then, he has a close encounter with a Scyther and suffers heavy blood loss. Fleance (Nidoran) saves the day though, and then Brock stumbles across William and carries him to the Pokémon Center.

At the center, William is healed thanks to Nurse Joy and her assistant Val, a beautiful young woman who tells William that a trainer named Chris killed one of Brock’s Pokémon.

The next day, William leaves the safety of the center to train his Pokémon, and Val quits her job to travel the world.

The next day, William challenges Brock, and wins with Desdemona (who is now a Butterfree), and Fleance (Nidoran).

Team: Percy (Pikachu), Fleance (Nidoran), Desdemona (Butterfree).
[+] Part Three
In the Preface of Part Three, Professor Oak reveals that the old Celadon City Gym Leader, Rain, disappeared five years ago. She was investigating the disappearance of Jimmy Oak. Professor Oak is sure it was Jimmy who took her. Now, Misty (Rain’s daughter) seems to be investigating the same thing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Brock, who is at his office, calls Misty and reveals that William might be a Son of the Three. Misty is unsure, but they decide to use Bill to investigate.

William catches a Spearow outside of Mt. Moon and names her Juliet. While visiting the Pokémon center, Nurse Joy warns him not to go inside Mt. Moon, because it is dangerous since Team Rocket is about. William goes anyway, and then Nurse Joy calls someone and reports that someone is coming in. She was a Rocket in disguise.

Inside Mt. Moon, William fights off against several Team Rocket members. He also comes across a boy who is dying due to a wild Sandslash. The boy gives William a fossil, saying he must keep it from Team Rocket, who is looking for it. Then, just as William is on the verge of escaping Mt. Moon, two Rocket Executives try to stop him from leaving. They are James and Jessie. William manages to defeat them both, and they escape. Then, the wild Sandslash comes after William, but Fleance evolves and scares it off.

William reports what he saw to the Police Officers, and then he gives the fossil to the boy’s mother. She gives him a Bulbasaur, who William names Brabantio. Following this, William heads to the gym, only to be told that Misty is at Bill’s house.

William heads to Bill’s house, but first battles his rival, Chris. William wins without any difficulty. Chris tells William that he should go visit Bill’s House, even though Misty isn’t there. Chris tells William he might learn something.

But first, William has to take the Nugget Bridge Challenge.

While William is battling through the Nugget Bridge Challenge, his mother (Jade), is at home. She gets a call from Bill, who reveals that someone is looking for Jade. Bill wants information – he wants to know where Jimmy is. Jade eventually admits that Jimmy is still alive, but she has no idea where. Bill demands more information, and when Jade cannot give it, Bill tells her he will simply ask of it from William.

Meanwhile, on the Nugget Bridge, William is facing the fifth trainer and his Mankey. William sends in his Spearow (Juliet), who William is confident will win with ease. However, a critical scratch attack cuts deep into Juliet’s chest. The Mankey then throws Juliet over the bridge, where a tentacle wraps around Juliet and brings her deep into the water, much to William’s despair.

Meanwhile, the mother of the boy who found the fossil in Mt. Moon is grieving. Just then, Rocket members break into her house, kill her, and take the fossil.

Over on the bridge, the fifth trainer reveals the trainers of Nugget Bridge are actually fighting for a spot on Team Rocket. In rage, William kills the fifth trainer’s Mankey with Percy (Pikachu). He then proceeds onwards to claim his prize. When he is given the Nugget from the man on the edge of the bridge, he toss’s it aside into the water. Then, he challenges the Rocket to a battle. Desdemona(Butterfree) is almost killed by an Ekans, but she survives. Defeated, the Rocket jumps over the Bridge, and is dragged under by a Pokémon. William calls the Police, and reports the incident to them.

Later, William travels onward. He defeats a trainer named Todd who has a Charmander, and then sets it free in disgust when it loses. William takes the Charmander in, and names him Tybalt.

Finally, William makes it to Bill’s house, who is waiting eagerly for William. Bill tells William a long story about the three children of Oak. The older one, Jimmy Oak, tried to rule the world. He first attempted to challenge the League, but he lost all of his Pokémon to the Champion. Then, three years later, he returned to the League, with the three legendary birds in his possession. He destroyed the Champion, and then attempted to take over Kanto. However – his two siblings stopped him in what was known as the Battle of Threes. Since then, all three Oaks had been missing, and presumed dead. However, Bill, Misty, and Brock are looking for Jimmy, since they believe he is still alive. William wants to know what he has to do with all of this, and Bill reveals that William is a Son of the Three. William at first denies the possibility, but after Bill reveals several key facts (records show Jade left for Hoenn and never returned, William’s personal information is kept safe in the highest Government electronic base, and parts of Bill’s and Jade’s phone conversation), William tells Bill out of despair that his father had a great destiny. Bill gives William a ticket to the S.S. Anne for his troubles, but it hardly helps relieve the despair William is feeling.

The next day, William challenges Misty. He demands to know why she sent him to Bill’s house. She apologizes, and tells him that she lost her mother to Jimmy, and wants to do everything she can to find him.

They then battle, and William wins with Brabantio (Ivysuar), and Percy (Pikachu).

Team: Percy (Pikachu), Fleance (Nidoran), Desdemona (Butterfree), Brabantio (Ivysuar), and Tybalt (Charmeleon).
[+] Part Four
In the preface of Part Four, Professor Oak reveals that for a short time, Surge and Jimmy were close friends. Now, Surge has no idea that Jimmy is still alive, and is very much afraid of him.
-----------------------

At his gym, Surge gets a phone call from Jimmy. Surge is shocked to find out Jimmy Oak is still alive. Jimmy tells Surge that a trainer by the name of William is coming to his gym. When he gets there, Jimmy wants Surge to kill William. Surge is reluctant, but after facing threats he agrees to the task.

William arrives in Vermilion City. He calls his mother (Jade), and he is slightly moody. He tells her he got a ticket to the S.S. Anne, and she insists he go. She makes an appointment for him to be suited for suit in Vermilion City. Reluctantly William goes to the tailor, only to be surprised by Val being the one to measure him for his suit.

Val and William exchange a conversation while Val measures William. William reveals that Bill is investigating the possibility of Jimmy Oak’s return, but Val doesn’t show much interest. Instead, she reveals that she is too going to the S.S. Anne. They both look forward to meeting each other up at the ship.

Later that night, William goes to the S.S. Anne, and is astounded by the size and brilliance. Surge is playing a Piano, and people are dancing. William meets Val on the dance floor, and the two exchange a close dance, where Val reveals she is actually a very pessimistic person. She tried to kill herself when she was younger, due to the fact that her father was rarely there for her. Now, she travels the world, seeking happiness, and trying to care for her younger brother. They grow closer in the conversation, and soon they sneak off to make out. However, Chris interrupts them.

William and Chris battle, and much to Chris’s surprise, William wins with ease. After that, the two exchange a quick conversation about the events at Bill’s house, and the part on poor terms.

William goes to find Val, but instead he runs into Surge. Surge asks William why he is a trainer, and William confesses it is because he enjoys it. Surge seems deep in thought, and he goes away to contemplate things. William then runs into Val again, and she gives him a gift. She then reveals that she is leaving on the S.S. Anne, much to William’s disappointment. Later that night, William opens up the gift Val gave him and contemplates using it for the upcoming gym battle.

The next day, William challenges Surge. After failing to defeat Surge’s Raichu with his Ivysuar, William sends in his Fleance, who has now evolved into a Nidoking. Nidoking defeats Raichu, and Surge concedes the match. He then talks to William – telling him of Jimmy Oak and his desire to have William killed. Surge tells William he is on his side, and recommends William continues the gym challenge. Surge gives William his Squirtle to help him along the way. Then, Surge goes into hiding, while William continues on his journey.

Miles away, Bill is busy working in his office, when a man interrupts him. The man reveals that he is the person Bill is looking for – Jimmy Oak.

Team: Percy (Pikachu), Fleance (Nidoran), Desdemona (Butterfree), Brabantio (Ivysaur), Tybalt (Charmeleon), Virgilia (Squirtle).
[+] Part Five
In the preface of Part Five, Professor Oak reveals that Erika fell in love with Jimmy Oak, and he her. However, when Jimmy meant Erika’s sister, Janine, Jimmy fell in love with her instead. But Janine refused to love Jimmy, she saw through him and knew that he was truly a horrible man. At the end of the preface, Oak reveals that Janine had to go into hiding since Jimmy is seeking revenge. She now goes by the name of Jade – and is actually William’s mother.
------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Oak is reading the column printed in the paper when he gets a phone call. It is Jimmy Oak – his eldest son. Jimmy tells his father that he knows the column has a hidden message containing a hint to his identity in it. Professor Oak is confident that someone (Bill) will figure it out, but then Jimmy tells his father to turn to a deeper page inside the paper. There, Professor Oak finds an article about the disappearance of Bill Yates. Jimmy laughs at Professor Oak, and then reveals he knows Janine has changed her name to Jade. He is looking for her, and Oak hangs up in panic. Then, Jimmy disguised as a deliveryman drops off a package at Oak’s lab. When Professor Oak opens up the box, he finds the dead body of Bill Yates inside.

Meanwhile, William has a talk with his team, asking for their support in the times to come. They all are ready to defend their trainer – no matter what. William plans to avoid Saffron, since Surge believes Jimmy will be waiting for him there. Instead, William goes through the Underground Passage back to Cerulean. There, he talks to Misty, telling her what he knows. Then, he goes to through Rock Tunnel.

Meanwhile, Jimmy watches Surge’s gym explode. Jimmy was expecting a trap to be left, and he is not surprised. Then he gets a call from a woman, he tells him everything is in place. The S. S. Anne will sink soon. Chris also challenges Erika, who kills his Ratticate with extreme bitterness. And Mr. Silph, president of the Silph Co., is worried about his company. His two children disappeared years ago, and his wife died in childbirth when she was delivering Mr. Silph’s second child. He visits his secret vault behind a painting in his office, and examines his most valuable object – a mew fossil.

Two days later, William emerges from Rock Tunnel and makes it into Lavender Town. He finds out news that the S.S. Anne has been sunk, and he grieves for the loss of Val. He attends a ceremony at the Pokémon Tower to mourn all those who died on the ship, and there he runs into Chris, who is burying his Ratticate. The two talk, and move closer to friendship and farther away from rivalry.

William heads on for Celadon City the next day. He is however intercepted by James who almost kills William with a Kadabra. Percy (Pikachu) jumps in front of the Psybeam though, sacrificing himself to save William. James is scared away by Tybalt (Charmeleon), and the Team Rocket Executive gets away.

Agatha, who is Professor Oak’s ex-wife and Jimmy’s mother, senses that something horrible as happened. She frowns, knowing she is powerless to stop it.

William mourns for the loss of his Pikachu, and he is greatly affected by depression. He makes it all the way to Celadon City, where he reports the incident to the police and then calls his mother. He is rude and moody towards Jade (also known as Janine).

Back in Pallet Town, Professor Oak pays Jade (also known as Janine) a visit. There, warns her that Jimmy is close to discovering her identity. He gives her an Eevee, and begs her to flee Kanto. Jade considers it, but then decides to go after William and help her son.

In Celadon City, William goes to the gym only to find Erika missing. The trainers there tell him Team Rocket kidnapped her. They kidnappers told the Gym Trainers that if the police were notified Erika would be killed. William decides to go looking for Erika, and the trainers tell him there is a casino called The Rocket Casino. William decides to start there.

At the Rocket Casino, William finds a hidden passage leading down to a secret hideout. He journeys down, and fights off against Team Rocket members. While down there, Tybalt evolves into a Charizard. Eventually, after defeating Jessie and James again, William makes it to the boss’s room.

Meanwhile, Jade (also known as Janine), has made it to Pewter City with her Eevee. There, Team Rocket is attacking the town, and Jade aids in the effort to defeat them. She is a very apt trainer, and also extremely skilled in martial arts fighting (being Janine, she is Koga’s daughter after all). Team Rocket is defeated in Pewter City, and they escape. Brock recognizes Jade for who she truly is, and he bows before her. However, she warns him not to tell anyone of her appearance.

Back in the Rocket Hideout, William confronts and battles Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket. Erika is dead, she was hung from the ceiling. Giovanni was torturing her to get information out of her. William defeats Giovanni (though he was losing purposely), and then the Rocket Leader makes his escape via an Alakazam.

The police swarm into the hideout, and at first they arrest William. But when videotapes prove his innocence, he is hailed as a hero. He is given the Rainbow Badge for his heroism, and is kept in Celadon City for parties and celebrations. Remembering he needs to keep his head low, William eventually makes his “escape” in the dead of night.

Back at the Pokémon Tower, Agatha is having a dream. Sabrina comes to her in this dream and shows her a future where the people of Kanto are worshiping Jimmy Oak. She also informs her that a trainer by the name of William Oak is going to receive a prophecy in the Pokémon Tower. But before Sabrina can deliver her final message though, the Psychic Trainer vanishes in thin air, screaming in pain. Agatha wakes up, and calls Lorelei, telling her they had to have a meeting of the Elite Four right away.

Team: Fleance (Nidoran), Desdemona (Butterfree), Brabantio (Ivysuar), Tybalt (Charizard), Virgilia (Wartortle).
[+] Part Six
In the preface of Part Six, Professor Oak reveals that Koga attempted to set Jimmy and Janine up to be married. Janine refused, and was thus cut off from her father’s money. Koga became a great ally of Jimmy, and Oak thinks that to this very day Koga still works for Jimmy.
----------------------------

As William is flying to Lavender Town on top of Tybalt (Charmeleon), he spots a fire on the ground near Percy’s (Pikachu) grave. William decides to investigate.

Meanwhile, Mr. Siph is in trouble. Ever since the sinking of the S. S. Anne (a ship built by his company), his stock had been rapidly falling. Some of his most genius inventors had disappeared, along with marketing plans. Either he is having very bad luck, or someone is trying to destroy his company. He gets a phone call on his private line. A man with a dark voice is trying to buy the Mew fossil from him – something Mr. Silph is shocked by since only his deceased wife and supposedly deceased children know of. He refuses the offer, and hangs up the phone.

Back to William, he finds Surge camped on the hillside near Percy’s grave. The two catch up – William tell Surge of everything he’s been doing, and Surge says he hasn’t found much. But their reunion is unexpected by an attack from Ninjas that was meant for Surge. William and Surge manage to defeat the Ninjas.

Early the next morning, Jimmy pays a visit to Koga. Koga reports that his ninjas failed to kill Surge, and Jimmy says that Mr. Silph refused his offer. Jimmy tells Koga that there are two trainers heading his way. Jimmy wants Koga to purposely lose to the first – Chris Oak. As for the second – William Oak – Jimmy says that Sabrina has already seen that William will win. But Koga will have the chance to kill one of his Pokémon – and Jimmy wants Koga to take that chance. Koga wonders idly if he is related to either one, and Jimmy reveals they are both his grandsons.

Meanwhile, William heads off for Lavender Town. Surge had reminded him to keep his head low and his name out of headlines, so William is planning to just breeze through Lavender Town and then head down to Fuchsia City. However, when William arrives in Lavender Town, he finds his mother collapsed in the Pokémon center.

Later, Jade (also known as Janine), wakes up in the Pokémon Center with William at her bedside. She then proceeds to tell William everything:

Jade (also known as Janine), is the daughter of Koga, one of the Lords from Johto. Prior to the Johto Civil War, the Elite Four and the evil dictator Lance ruled Johto. Koga sent his two younger daughters, Janine and Erika, to Kanto for safekeeping. Koga’s oldest child and his only son mysteriously vanished, and then his second child/oldest daughter was on the side of the rebels in the war.

The rebels won the Civil War, and set Johto free of its lords. Koga was banished away from Johto forever, so he came to Kanto to live with his daughters. He had lost all his money, so the family was living on a poor lifestyle. Therefore, Erika became the Gym Leader of Celadon City. Seeing how much money she made for a relative easy job, Koga decided to become a Gym Leader as well. He somehow made his way into Fuchsia City, where he became a Gym Leader there.

Then, “with all the right pieces in place” Jimmy Oak came into the picture. He instantly wooed Erika, but he forgot all about Erika when he meant Janine. Janine however did not return the feelings, she thought he was a pathetic worm. Jimmy tried to prove his loyalty to Janine by destroying Erika in battle, but the only thing it did was drive Erika and Janine apart.

Jimmy wooed Koga as well, and soon Janine’s father was attempting to arrange a marriage. When Janine refused, Koga cut her off from his money and she had to find a way to make a living on her own. So, she went to work for Professor Oak. However, she hated her job, she wished to go on a Pokémon journey. Richard Oak tried to romantically pursue Janine as well, but she refused him. She couldn’t love him – her jealously of the fact that he was to leave on a journey soon was in her way.

Richard Oak thus offered Janine his spot in selecting a starter Pokémon. She took him up on it, and chose a Bulbusaur, while Charlie got a Charmander. Professor Oak managed to get his youngest child a Pokémon though. Richard Oak was given a Pikachu.

Janine then began her journey. She caught up to Jimmy soon, who spent a lot of time in Saffron City and at Cinnabar Island. Jimmy did make it to the Elite Four first though. There, he made it all the way to the Champion, who killed off his entire team. When Janine challenged the League though, she won, and became Champion for a short time.

However, when Jimmy returned with the Legendary Birds, he destroyed Janine’s team, killing off every single one of her Pokémon. He would have killed her too, if it wasn’t for Richard Oak, her husband at the time. He saved her life.

After which the Battle of Threes happened, from which neither Richard or Charlie returned. Professor Oak then advised Janine to go into hiding. At first she went to Hoenn, but then she returned to Kanto.

Their conversation comes to a close, and a Chancellor from the Pokémon Tower walks in. She asks for William Oak, and Jade (also known as Janine) demands to talk to Agatha. However, Agatha is away at a meeting of the Elite 4. The Chancellor informs William that he is to receive a prophecy. William decides to ascend the tower.

Meanwhile, Agatha has a meeting with the Elite Four. She has no problem convincing Lorelei and Bruno that Jimmy may be back and everything must be done to stop him. Lance, however, is not convinced. And since the Champion is absent for the meeting (as usual), Lance is the one who decides what course of action to take. He decides that the Elite Four should not advise the Kanto government to take action against Jimmy Oak. As he leaves though, Agatha accuses him of working with Lance. He smirks at her, and dares her to prove it. Once he leaves, Agatha, Lorelei, and Bruno decide to go investigate themselves. Lorelei leaves to warn Articuno, Bruno leaves to interrogate Koga, and Agatha leaves to meet with her ex-husband, Professor Oak.

Back at the Pokémon Tower, William climbs the tower, being forced to defeat Chancellors as he goes. When he gets to the top, he finds the spirit of Percy, his Pikachu, waiting for him. Before giving William the prophecy, Percy warns William that Val, Richard Oak, and Charlie Oak are all still alive. Lastly, Percy gives William a thunderstone. Then, finally, Percy gives William the prophecy:
The first shall become the second
And he shall reunite the three again
It shall be up to you, William Oak
To stop him in the fourth battle
After defeating the five
Otherwise, the first shall rule
As the second, controlling the three
Until the end of time.

Percy (Pikachu), then vanishes, just as a Chancellor comes running in the room, screaming that Team Rocket is invading Lavender Town.

Back on the ground floor, prior to Team Rocket attacking, Janine explains pleasantries with Mr. Fuji – Agatha’s sister and the manager of the Pokemon Tower. He is reveals to Janine that Professor Oak never told Agatha Jimmy was still alive, and she just found out when she had a dream. Then, Team Rocket attacks, and a Chancellor runs upstairs to report the event to William Oak.

In Pallet Town, Agatha confronts Professor Oak angrily. He tells her nothing, but soon Agatha collapse to the ground when she gets a horrible feeling that something bad is going to happen. Someone will die – and their death will change destiny. She rushes out of Oak’s lab, and jumps on her Fearow to fly back to Lavender Town.

Back in Lavender Town, William and Janine do everything they can to help drive the townspeople off. At first, Team Rocket is winning. William battles against Team Rocket Executive James while Janine battles against Team Rocket Executive Jessie. James orders his Wheezing to explode, but a Psybeam from Desdemona (Butterfree), sends the Wheezing backwards. It explodes in James’s hands, killing him.

Meanwhile, Agatha, who is flying to Lavender Town, feels the horrible feeling pass. Whoever’s death that was doomed to change destiny has occurred.

Back in Lavender Town, Jessie is distraught. She tries to kill Janine’s Pokémon, but Janine’s Eevee (Eros), uses Hyper-Beam, killing her Meowth. Depressed, Jessie escapes via Alakazam. Then, Giovanni comes in on an intercom through the helicopters flying over the town on an electronic voice, and tells the Rockets they should all kill themselves for their failure. Much to William’s shock, the Rockets comply. The town is set on fire, and a helicopter comes crashing down on top of William. Agatha flies in at the last second though, and she saves William’s life.

The two go about trying to save the town, but they can do little since William only has one water-type Pokémon (Virgilia, Wartortle.) However, then Virigllia evolves into a Blastoise, and she easily sets out the fire in the town. But then – they find Mr. Fuji’s body.

Despite the loss, Agatha quickly meets with Janine (also known as Jade), and William. They tell her everything – including the prophecy. William then sends Janine home on Tybalt (Charizard), and Janine gives William Eros, her Eevee.

Back at the Silph Co., Mr. Silph has hired three new workers. They are all apt and smart, but Mr. Silph doesn’t like their attitudes. One of their names is Daisy Oak, and she wants to build several new projects, all of which she seems to have a hidden motive for. Mr. Silph denies her requests to build these projects though, and he sends the three new engineers to finish production of the Masterball.

When Janine returns to Pallet Town, she confronts Professor Oak about his lying. He snaps back that she has also lied – and is still keeping the secret of William’s sibling from him. Janine refuses to talk about the matter, and she asks where Daisy is. She wants to confide everything to her. Professor Oak tells Janine he hasn’t seen his granddaughter in a few weeks, which prompts Janine to ask Professor Oak why he always referred to Daisy as his granddaughter when she wasn’t even related to him. Professor Oak is very confused, but soon his mind wipes and he forgets he is having the conversation with Janine.

Meanwhile, in Fuchsia City, Bruno confronts Koga. But the Gym Leader was waiting for the fighting-type specialist, and he has him kidnapped by his Ninjas.

The next day, Chris challenges Koga, and the gym leader forfeits the match. He reveals to Chris that he is his grandfather. He also reveals that Daisy is not his real sister. Enraged, Chris leaves for Pallet Town.

Chris makes it to Pallet Town the next day, where Professor Oak doesn’t answer any of his questions. Janine (also known as Jade), takes him in though, and tells him everything. She also tells him the identity of his parents – Jimmy Oak and Jasmine, leader of the Johto rebel army. Jasmine supposedly died during childbirth, but Janine suspects Jimmy killed her.

Janine insists Chris spends the night, and he agrees to do so. The next morning, they talk some more, and Janine reveals that Richard Oak (William's father and Professor Oak's youngest child) had given up on Pokemon battling until the Battle of Threes because he couldn't bare to send his Pokemon to battle. Charlie Oak did challenge Janine for the Champion position. Janine was able to beat Charlie by the smallest of margins. Janine is confident had it not been for her, Charlie would have become Champion.

In Fuchsia City, William battles with Koga. In a close fight, he almost losses Desdemona (Butterfree), but she survives and Tybalt (Charizard) manages to finish the battle off. Koga concedes the badge, and William rushes to the Pokémon center to heal his Pokémon.

At the center, William watches on TV as Team Rocket assaults Saffron City. Their main objective seems to be the Silph Building. William finds Koga watching him, who tells William that if he wants to find out more about Jimmy Oak, he should go to Saffron City. William rushes off.

Back in Pallet Town, Chris watches the same invasion on TV. He too decides to go to Saffron City. He knows William will be there, and he wants to help him.

Team: Fleance (Nidoking), Desdemona (Butterfree), Brabantio (Venasuar), Tybalt (Charizard), Vigillia (Blastoise), and Eros (Jolteon).
[+] Thoughts
Oh god...that took forever to write and probably forever to read.
But its much shorter than going back and rereading...
So, anyway, new part starts tonight with the Preface!!!
But first I have to rest my mind...[/spoiler]

Faeiri
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym

April 29th, 2011, 12:28 am #337

I've been lurking this run for awhile now, and I have to say that it's amazing. That PLOT...you include so much detail, so many well-hidden hints, and there were quite a few times where you had my heart leaping out of my chest. I have no idea where everything is going next, and that is awesome. Great job!

A single, more obvious speculation, since no one else has pointed it out:
[+] Spoiler
"Long live Team Rocket. Our leader is the greatest. Our leader will become the most powerful man. And he shall rule the world until the end of time."

That wording...I am reminded of a certain prophecy here, ahaha.
So either Giovanni IS Jimmy, or Jimmy's working with/intending to take over Team Rocket. Or that line is a trick of some sort, which honestly wouldn't surprise me either.

TrainerBOB

April 29th, 2011, 3:03 am #338

[+] Reply
Faeiri wrote:I've been lurking this run for awhile now, and I have to say that it's amazing. That PLOT...you include so much detail, so many well-hidden hints, and there were quite a few times where you had my heart leaping out of my chest. I have no idea where everything is going next, and that is awesome. Great job!

A single, more obvious speculation, since no one else has pointed it out:
[+] Spoiler
"Long live Team Rocket. Our leader is the greatest. Our leader will become the most powerful man. And he shall rule the world until the end of time."

That wording...I am reminded of a certain prophecy here, ahaha.
So either Giovanni IS Jimmy, or Jimmy's working with/intending to take over Team Rocket. Or that line is a trick of some sort, which honestly wouldn't surprise me either.
:biggrin: Thank you for following and thank you for the comment! I am very glad you are enjoying this run! As far as you guess goes...no comment for now :wink:
And now, for the beginning of part Seven. Expect it to be shorter (hopefully) compared to the other parts.

Preface
[+] Preface
Preface

I feel as if my mind is beginning to unravel. There are memories that seem real but at the same time seem incredibly impossible. I have shadowed memories of Janine telling me that Daisy is not my grand daughter…than I have colorful memories of Paige giving birth to Daisy….

But Paige is not real. I invented her for the sake of keeping Chris safe! So how did those memories get in there…what is happening to my mind?

Sabrina…she must have forced these memories into my brain – it is the only possible explanation. But why?

When Sabrina first matured to her powers at the age of fourteen, she was the first psychic the world had seen in over hundreds of years. There had been the petty fortunetellers of Lavender Town, and those who could communicate with the dead like Agatha, but not a real psychic.

But there was Sabrina – a psychic in the modern age. She became the immediate gym leader of Saffron, and she submitted her knowledge willing to science. Along with Kanto’s top scientist, she went into uncharted waters.

They discovered that all brains were connected to some sort of hidden world – another realm, another dimension. It was some sort of psychic connection – but all of us had it. Not all of us could utilize it – in fact very few, like Sabrina, could. But all of us had the connection, to some degree. Some stronger than others. Prior to being defeated by Jimmy, Sabrina met Charlie. She said that Charlie had the greatest connection to this other realm than any other she had ever meant, even herself. However, Charlie could not utilize this connection.

They also discovered that all Pokémon had the same connection to this world as well. However, their connection was on a different wavelength. After performing some tests, the scientists discovered that because of this wavelength, psychic Pokémon could not directly interact with the brains of other humans. They can shoot their psychic powers to harm humans, like Psybeams, but they cannot directly enter a human’s mind. In the past, Pokémon professors have often found wild Alakazam’s and Kadabra’s using wild Pokémon as puppets or playing mind tricks on them. They always wondered why an Alakazam never did this with a human – now they had their answer.

Sabrina had opened up all sorts of possibilities to the scientific community, and the world was ready to dive straight into it. However, just a suddenly as she appeared, Sabrina locked herself up in her gym, and refused to come out for any more experiments. She has kept herself locked in that gym since, and has not psychically left it.

The world was left mystified. She was offered thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, and millions of Pokedollars to come out. But she refused it all. It was a mystery to the rest of the world.

Of course, the day she refused to come out was the day that Jimmy Oak challenged and defeated Sabrina. She locked herself in her gym ever since that happened. And we don’t know why. No one knows why.

I have no idea what Jimmy did to her. I only know that he spent an entire year in Saffron City prior to challenging Sabrina. What he was doing…only Arceus knows.

And now she is messing with my mind. I don’t know why she is doing this, but it can only be her. She is the only one with the power to do it! She is the only one in the entire GOD DAMNED WORLD THAT CAN USE PSYCHIC POWERS.

I don’t understand. Why? She and I never interacted but a single time – and that was where I welcomed her as a Gym Leader! And she was a good person – a kind person who believed in justice and heroism. She would never work with Jimmy! So it can’t have been her that messed in my head.

But it has to be here! There is no other with psychic powers!

It must be her. It is her. But it can’t be her.

What is happening to me? What is happening to the world? What will happen?

I’m lost. I’m confused.

I’m scared.

- from the diary of Professor Samuel Oak.
[+] A few thoughts
And so, part seven begins. I laid some important groundwork in this update...

The Silph Co. will be full of twists and surprises. As well as Sabrina's Gym. It won't be as long as the other parts - I hope. I'm hoping that this run will begin to wrap up...
I'm eager to begin the sequel. :wink:

Destroyanator

April 29th, 2011, 4:05 am #339

Overall, an excellent start to the new part. new information for us, but just enough to ignite our curiosity.
and it appears that Professor Oak's mind is finally unraveling..... :=/: i'm not to torn up about it :v:
here's my personal take on the preface:
[+] Spoiler
I think one of the major questions of this part will be whether or not Sabrina is on Jimmy's side, and whether or not she's messing with Oak's mind.
If she is, that's bad news for Kanto, but if she isn't, then who is? maybe it has something to do with "Kanto's top Scientist" whose, identity, i assume, has been intentionally withheld from us....... :notsure:

QKNC

April 29th, 2011, 4:17 am #340

[+] Spoiler
Obviously, Paige is Sabrina.

... No that's silly.

I'm just stabbing in the dark now :B

Or maybe Oak's just gettin old. This memories within memories thing is reminding me of Inception :U