Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
Tharizdun
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

April 10th, 2011, 3:54 pm #301

So I sat down last night and read the entirety of this and two things come to mind

First, this is the darkest thing I've read on the forum, and I love it. Rocket is a group of actual criminals for once, Giovanni is a heartless bastard, and even the main character delves into it. Bob, this is one of my favorite runs hands down on the forum, up there with Nyonlite and Truckstuck. You give the characters actual realism, and my favorite posts are the chapter prologues in the words of Oak.

Second, have you ever thought of giving your side-characters red shirts. I think they would go lovely on them

-Thariz
My Runs

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

April 11th, 2011, 1:24 am #302

[+] Replies
Retskcaj wrote:
TrainerBOB wrote:To sum up, I probably won't be able to update until Monday/Tuesday. I'm really sorry y'all, I wished I could update sooner, but I can't. This also means I won't be updating my comic run until next weekend probably. :x_x:
[+] Spoiler
Seriously though, have fun and take your time. :wooper:
Lol, thank you - I did have a lot of fun :roll:
Tharizdun wrote:So I sat down last night and read the entirety of this and two things come to mind

First, this is the darkest thing I've read on the forum, and I love it. Rocket is a group of actual criminals for once, Giovanni is a heartless bastard, and even the main character delves into it. Bob, this is one of my favorite runs hands down on the forum, up there with Nyonlite and Truckstuck. You give the characters actual realism, and my favorite posts are the chapter prologues in the words of Oak.

Second, have you ever thought of giving your side-characters red shirts. I think they would go lovely on them

-Thariz
Thank you so much Tharizdun! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I've enjoyed writing the journal entries from Oak then anything else, so I'm really happy those are your favorite parts!
And now for a new update - a day earlier than I hoped! :biggrin:
Chapter Fifty-Six
[+] Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Six: The Mystery of Daisy Oak

Professor Oak was absolutely clueless on who had opened the door to his lab. His eyes were down-casted when he heard the metallic doors swing open, and in that brief half a second before his eyes raised upwards and saw the person walk into his lab, a thousand thoughts raced through his mind.

Perhaps it was Jimmy Oak, his eldest son, come for another visit. Perhaps it was Daisy Oak, whom Professor Oak had not seen in weeks. Perhaps it was Agatha, his ex-wife, returned to harass him some more. Perhaps it was the reporter that had called him yesterday.

Professor Oak was not sure whom he was expecting. There was no more norm in his world; the past few weeks had turned his life into chaos.

He just knew he was not expecting a battle-worn Janine Oak to walk in the door. Her thin body led by her sharp legs strutted forwards to Professor Oak. Her eyes had the determination in them he had not seen since she was Champion. Her mouth was set in a fine angry line.

Uh-oh.

Janine Oak reached his desk and she slammed her hands down on it. Her feet came to a sudden and sharp stop. She leaned her head in and stared at him angrily in the eyes.

“I thank you for keeping myself and my son safe for the past sixteen years,” she said through clenched teeth. “I thank you for showing your only humane decent act to my family.”

“Janine!” He exclaimed. “Why have you returned?”

“I have returned because I only bring danger to my son,” she snapped. “Jimmy Oak is still looking for me – Agatha told me privately that my death might be a greater priority than William’s.”

“Why, why would Jimmy want William dead?” Professor Oak asked, his voice stumbling. “Besides the obvious, of course!”

“Like I would tell you,” Janine sneered at the old Pokemon professor. “We can’t risk you babbling anything to your son.”

“Babbling!” Professor Oak exclaimed. “I have kept many of your secrets the past many years!”

“Yes, and along with keeping my secrets you have kept the secrets of your son from the world and those who could stop him!” Janine snapped. “Agatha didn’t even know her son was alive until recently! You have done nothing – nothing at all – to try and stop his further ascent to power!”

“What about you,” Professor Oak asked, his voice trembling. “You have done nothing as well – you were too concerned hiding yourself and your son away!”

Janine leaned back from the desk and she closed her eyes.

“That is true…or at least is was.” Her eyes snapped back open, angrier than ever. “But it is no longer so – I have told William and Agatha everything I know. And now, I’m here in Pallet Town – to watch over you!”

“Me?” Professor Oak asked. “I’m just an innocent bystander in all of this!”

“Please Oak,” Janine snapped. “You’ve been hiding secrets all these years, soon enough you’re bound to do more than just hide secrets.”

“You’re one to talk!” Professor Oak yelled, gaining confidence. “What about all the secrets you’ve kept?”

“I’ve confessed them all to William and Agatha.”

“Did you even tell William about his sibling?” Professor Oak asked. He started grinning when Janine was silent – he knew he had finally got her. “Why did you keep that secret?”

“I was told not to tell anyone,” Janine said, her voice quiet.

“Or are you just ashamed that you abandoned a child?” Professor Oak asked.

“I didn’t abandon my child!” Janine snapped, angry.

Professor Oak just shook his head. Janine looked away, angry and upset. Finally, she asked through a coarse voice.

“Where’s Daisy?”

“I don’t know, why?” Professor Oak asked.

“I want to tell her everything about me – she needs to understand the dangers of living here. All this time she thought I was just some single mother who lived in Pallet Town.”

“I haven’t seen my granddaughter in weeks, truthfully I’ve been too afraid to leave my home,” Professor Oak said. “Perhaps she left.”

“Why have you always insisted on referring to her as your granddaughter?” Janine asked. “I know she raised Chris and everything…but still. Its odd.”

Professor Oak looked at Janine surprised.

“What are you talking about? Daisy is Chris’s sister, of course she’s my grandchild.”

Janine stood very still as she heard Professor Oak say those words. Her eyes were wide, and her body trembled.

“Oak…that isn’t possible. She’s Chris’s half-sister…she is not directly related to you.”

“Yes she is,” Oak exclaimed, suddenly becoming quite bothered. “She’s Jimmy’s daughter!”

“Oak…she was 17 when Chris was born…she can’t be Jimmy’s daughter…” Professor Oak stared at Janine, blinking through some memories.

“I remember…I remember Daisy being born…” he said slowly.

“What about the 17 years in between Daisy and Chris?” Janine asked slowly and carefully. Professor Oak was staring down, his eyes cloudy.

“I…I don’t remember,” he whispered softly. “But…but she is my granddaughter…I know it…somehow…”

“Oak…I remember my sister bringing Daisy with her from Johto...she had adopted Daisy after the Civil War…Daisy isn’t even Chris’s half-sister by blood…only through paper-work,” Janine said the words carefully, her eyes filled with concern. “Daisy was brought form Johto…she was not a daughter of the three.”

“But…but I have memories of her birth,” Professor Oak said.

And then, suddenly, Professor Oak’s eyes widened quickly and he let out a sharp gasp. Before Janine could move to assist the old man, he had returned to normal.

“Janine…I’m sorry my dear…what were we talking about?”
[+] Thoughts
DUN DUN DUN.

That was a short update, but I just needed one last chapter to close up the day's events. If you think about this, I've been on the same day for the past 10+ chapters. That is not good. :=/: I think I am going to try to write longer chapters, and contain a day in no more than a few chapters.

Next chapter is a new day. Gary vs. Koga, and Lorelei and Agatha meet.
Expect the story to start finishing up quicker. With William on a race to stop Jimmy from taking over the world, he starts to move much faster. This part may conclude in a 3-5 chapters, and then Silph Company will start almost at the beginning of the next part. I'm working to heads towards my favorite plot twist...

Kynim
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

April 11th, 2011, 2:17 am #303

[+] Spoiler
OH GOD OH GOD WHAT IS GOING ON WITH OAK. AHHHHHHH

Waiit...was he possessed? I need to reread again asld;fa

Diamond Run - FINISHED / White Run - FINISHED

I have sinned in these forums :( - 3/31/2015

Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

April 11th, 2011, 3:34 am #304

[+] Spoiler
Gimme back dat Alakazam; Gimme dat 'Zam;
What if dat was you with your thoughts all mixed up?
If dat was you you wouldn't be talkin' at all!

right, it's hard to make what I think is going on
go with the Filet o' Fish song...
Hello. Let's play some music.

Hawkfire
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

April 11th, 2011, 6:41 am #305

[+] Spoiler
Hmm... I think Daisy's behind whatever Oak thinks of Daisy...
I'm really curious about who Jade's other child is, I can't think of any current character who could fill that role
It was a short chapter, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good chapter! ^^

@Kynim, your avatar is hilarious XD

Retskcaj

April 11th, 2011, 11:10 pm #306

[+] Spoiler
I wonder if someone altered Oak's memories or if he's just had a psychological break and simply repressed them because he can't bear to face them. Either way it's interesting, and I'm assuming that someone's messed around with his memories (Jimmy).

I'm curious, and I don't think anyone's already asked, but where did you get Jimmy from for the main bad guy's name? Jimmy isn't exactly a standard villain name. "Beware the wrath of Jimmy!" doesn't exactly sound fearsome at first blush (although it might to Bill, God rest his soul).

Wander

April 13th, 2011, 12:20 am #307

[+] Spoiler
...Well. That was interesting. Can't really decide if Daisy is an impostor and the real Daisy's lying dead somewhere as a child or if she's been evil her entire life and screwed with Oak's memories. Choices, choices...

LordQ
Hoenn League Champion
Hoenn League Champion

April 14th, 2011, 3:49 am #308

I'm going to go ahead and 'tag' this to remind myself to read it. My time is short and precious, but from what I can see, this is obviously going to be worth it.
>> Check out my "new" run, The Ruler! <<

Banner coming soon!
[+] Spoiler
My random writings | Technologist (wt)

Destroyanator

April 16th, 2011, 2:30 am #309

If i may be so bold as to speculate on this turn of events:
[+] Spoiler
My speculation bases itself of a few points:
1. Daisy Oak isn't Chris's actual sister.
2. I believe you said that there is no record of Chris's mother Paige Oak, until she supposedly died in childbirth.
3. Chris's father left after Chris was born
4. William's father is also missing.
5. Janine has another child.

put all this together, and..................................................

CHRIS AND WILLIAM ARE BROTHERS (cue dramatic music)

TrainerBOB

April 17th, 2011, 8:04 pm #310

[+] Replies! :)
Kynim wrote:
[+] Spoiler
OH GOD OH GOD WHAT IS GOING ON WITH OAK. AHHHHHHH

Waiit...was he possessed? I need to reread again asld;fa
All will be revealed soon...ish. :smile:

Epsilon wrote:
[+] Spoiler
What if dat was you with your thoughts all mixed up?
If dat was you you wouldn't be talkin' at all!

right, it's hard to make what I think is going on
go with the Filet o' Fish song...
I will admit, the Alakazam is involved... :wink:
Hawkfire wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Hmm... I think Daisy's behind whatever Oak thinks of Daisy...
I'm really curious about who Jade's other child is, I can't think of any current character who could fill that role
It was a short chapter, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good chapter! ^^

@Kynim, your avatar is hilarious XD
Daisy is sorta behind Oak's confusion, but more on that later! :smile:
As far as Jade's other child...you'll see...eventually...
Retskcaj wrote:
[+] Spoiler
I wonder if someone altered Oak's memories or if he's just had a psychological break and simply repressed them because he can't bear to face them. Either way it's interesting, and I'm assuming that someone's messed around with his memories (Jimmy).

I'm curious, and I don't think anyone's already asked, but where did you get Jimmy from for the main bad guy's name? Jimmy isn't exactly a standard villain name. "Beware the wrath of Jimmy!" doesn't exactly sound fearsome at first blush (although it might to Bill, God rest his soul).
That's a really good question - my answer probably isn't pleasing though...
[+] Spoiler
My first mental image of Jimmy was a guy with a large gray overcoat, and an old-fashion gray hat that was bent down to hid his face. Jimmy just kind of fit it for some reason. Of course...there is another reason Jimmy stuck so well...
[+] Spoiler
Say 'Jimmy' out loud. Do you hear it? No? I'll explain it one day... :wink:
LordQ wrote:I'm going to go ahead and 'tag' this to remind myself to read it. My time is short and precious, but from what I can see, this is obviously going to be worth it.
Yay! I'm so glad you've decided to read this LordQ, I hope you enjoy it! :biggrin: Let me know what you think when you finish!
Destroyanator wrote:If i may be so bold as to speculate on this turn of events:
[+] Spoiler
My speculation bases itself of a few points:
1. Daisy Oak isn't Chris's actual sister.
2. I believe you said that there is no record of Chris's mother Paige Oak, until she supposedly died in childbirth.
3. Chris's father left after Chris was born
4. William's father is also missing.
5. Janine has another child.

put all this together, and..................................................

CHRIS AND WILLIAM ARE BROTHERS (cue dramatic music)
For now...no comment. :wink: Except for this one:
[+] Spoiler
Sorry I always so 'no comment' when you guys make speculations, I wish there was some way I could show how gracious I am for the speculations. But, I really am grateful when you all speculate or guess or try to figure things out. It really helps me as a writer, since I can see what direction I am leading you in. I do put false trails up occasionally, so its nice to see when they do and don't work. Its also good for me to know when someone caught a clue that I was trying to slip by everyone (because, for the big plot twists, there are ways to figure them out). So keep speculating! I am really grateful for it! :keke:
And now...(finally) new chapter!

Chapter Fifty-Seven
[+] Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Grandfather

Lorelei could still feel the cold her trip yesterday to Seaform Islands as she walked through the golden halls of the Pokémon League. Lights that resembled flames glowed from the walls, and they were reflected from the mirror-like floor below.

Lorelei had a red cape wrapped around her body and he hair hung freely down her back – unbound, uncurled, and untied.

Her eyes were tired and small behind her thin spectacles, but she walked quickly. She had not seen Bruno since the prior day, and she was eager to hold the man she loved. Her short red heels mimicked her eager impatience in noise as she walked down the hall, each step letting out a short, sharp, clink.

Thoughts rushed through her skull despite her evident weariness. While her mind was on Bruno, she was still thinking of the conversation she had with Articuno the previous day. Few had the privilege of speaking to the Legendary Birds. Lorelei had never spoken to Zapados or Moltres, it was only Articuno who would appear to her when she journeyed into the Legendary Bird’s lair.

The three were the last of their kind. Jimmy had killed their mothers and captured their fathers for the purpose of the Battle of Threes. Now, the Legendary Birds were near extinction. And though Legendary Pokémon were immortal to age and sickness, they could still be killed.

Lorelei did not wish to see that happen.

She shivered as she thought of Jimmy Oak. He was a complete madman – she had meant him once. Long ago, when she first made it to Kanto. Her older brother had introduced her to him. That was back when Surge was friends with Jimmy.

Surge, Lorelei’s brother, was another thing that was on the ice-master’s mind. His disappearance had greatly concerned her, and she couldn’t help but feel it had to do with Jimmy. She wondered where he was and if he was all right, but she felt absolutely powerless to help him.

Just stop Jimmy Oak, she told herself, That’s all I can do.

But her thoughts came to an abrupt stop when finally, at long last, Lorelei had reached the doors to the meeting room of the Elite 4. Taking a deep breath, she smiled, and pushed the doors aside, expecting to find Bruno waiting for her.

With the exception of Agatha, the meeting room was empty.

Lorelei paused, frowning, and she took a cautious step forward into the room. Bruno was late? Bruno was never late. It was impossible. He was actually almost always early.

Agatha raised her head slowly to look at Lorelei. Her eyes were empty and sad.

The ice-master felt her heart chill over and her heart freeze.

“I’m sorry Lorelei,” Agatha said. “He didn’t come back.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The green gem felt smooth between his fingers. It was a habit Chris Oak had gotten into lately – running his fingers over the smooth surface of the green gem that hung around his neck. He did it whenever he was nervous.

He was staring in the battle room of the Fuchsia City Gym. Before him laid an empty battle field that was poorly lit. Though Chris was sure there were blood stains on the floor, and he thought he could smell blood in the room.

“Hello?” Chris said, calling out to the darkness. “I’m here to challenge the Fuchsia City Gym Leader? Is anyone there?”

A figure dropped from the ceiling and landed softly on the ground across the battlefield. Chris jumped, and took a step backwards. The figure from across the field held a cape up, hiding his face from Chris.

“State your name, boy.” The man said. His voice was coarse and rough, yet smooth at the same time.

“Chris Oak,” Chris said, unclipping a ball from his belt. “Are you the gym leader?”

The man dropped his clock away, revealing his face. His hair was black, despite the few lines that ran across his face. His eyes were hard and cold, and his mouth was set in a single-line, that was neither frown, smile, nor scowl.

His lips were slightly swollen, and his right eye was black.

“Yes – I am Koga, the gym leader,” he said, watching Chris carefully. “I’ve been waiting for you Chris Oak, what took you?”

“What the hell does that mean?”

“I am a master ninja Chris – I of course knew you were coming,” Koga said, his bloated lips twisting into a small smile.

“You can’t be that good of a master to have battle-wounds like that,” Chris snapped.

Koga laughed.

“I take these wounds as trophies. After all, I won that fight.”

Chris felt like the gym leader was playing with him, and he snarled angrily.

“Are we going to fight or what?”

Koga shrugged, and he drew a Pokeball from seemingly nowhere.

“If you wish.” Then, he loudly cleared his throat, and took an official tone. “You may use up to six Pokémon – I will be restricted to four. You may switch out your Pokémon at any time you wish. I may not. If I call a Pokémon back, I will not be able to use it again in battle, and the round will be considered yours. Do you understand?”

“Yeah, yeah,” Chris said, tossing a ball in the air, letting out a Ninetails. The fox-like Pokémon had fur that shined despite the lack of light in the gym, and eyes that glared “I got it.”

“Good,” Koga said. “Then I forfeit. You win.” Koga snapped his fingers, and a badge dropped from the ceiling and landed at Chris’s feet. “Take the Soul Badge and leave.”

“W-what?” Chris said, stammering. “I…I don’t understand. Why?”

Koga was already turning around when Chris asked him the question. The ninja paused, and stayed still for a second. Then, with obvious deliberation, he turned around.

“Because Chris,” Koga said. “I was told to let you win this fight – I was told not to beat or kill any of your Pokémon. I don’t like wasting my time, so I rather just forfeit. Now leave.”

“NO!” Chris said angrily. “I want a better explanation than that! Who told you to lose to me on purpose? Who is doing this?”

“Your father.”

The words were like a blow to Chris’s chest. His eyes widened, and he took a step back.

“W-what?” He asked, his entire body trembling. “What did you say?”

“Your father. Lucky he intervened as well, otherwise I would have done everything in my power to destroy every single one of your Pokémon and kill you.”

“What?” Chris exclaimed. “I would have liked to see you try!”

Koga shook his head.

“Just like your mother,” Koga said. “Over arrogant.”

“My mother,” Chris repeated, quickly changing his tone. “You knew her?”

“Of course,” Koga said. “Of my three daughters, she betrayed me the worst. Only my son has remained loyal to me.”

“Daughters?” Chris repeated. “You…you mean,,,?”

“Yes Chris,” Koga said. “I am your grandfather.”

Chris was silent – but only for a second.

“Where…where the hell have you been all these years!?! Daisy and I have been living alone – you could have helped us!”

“You foolish boy,” Chris said. “You didn’t need any help – your father was helping Daisy with everything and anything she needed all along. And besides, even if I did know of your existence, I would have done nothing, except perhaps try to kill you.”

“…What did you just say?” Chris asked, his voice shaking slightly.

“Your mother’s betrayal led to my downfall, why would I care for her son-”

“No!” Chris interrupted, yelling loudly. “What did you say about Daisy?”

“Daisy? I said your father was helping her.”

Chris was silent, and then Koga started laughing.

“You didn’t know that? Dear god, how much did they keep from you?” Koga laughed again, his cruel voice echoing throughout the room.

Chris had already turned around though, and was leaving the gym. The Soul Badge was tightly clenched in his right hand that was trembling. His Ninetails had turned and followed him, and she was looking up to her master worried.

“Hey! Hey where are you going?” Koga called out, his voice filled with mockery. “I haven’t even gotten to the most depressing stuff yet!”

Chris slammed the door behind him. He recalled his Ninetails, and let out his Pidgeot.

“Come on,” he said softly to his bird Pokémon. “We’re going to Pallet Town.”

Wander

April 18th, 2011, 2:30 am #311

[+] Spoiler
:HOLYCRAP:
Okay, so Daisy is evil. Great. Lovely. There goes my theories.

QKNC
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym

April 18th, 2011, 4:42 am #312

[+] Spoiler
I just always get the strange, nagging feeling that Val is caught up in this wacked-up family tree, somewhere, somehow. I don't think I've ever seen a family as twisty and dysfunctional as this one in a Nuzlocke.

And for some reason, I find myself very intrigued in Daisy's character now. I don't think anyone's ever given her much weight to their plot, or even mention her at all. This just stands out to me as another example of how you've taken minor characters and elevated them to something more.

TrainerBOB

April 19th, 2011, 1:24 am #313

[+] Replies
Wander wrote:
[+] Spoiler
:HOLYCRAP:
Okay, so Daisy is evil. Great. Lovely. There goes my theories.
Lol, sorry Wander, but Daisy is evil. ::P:
Oh, and I just realized I forgot to reply to your previous comment! Sorry about that, it slipped by...

QKNC wrote:
[+] Spoiler
I just always get the strange, nagging feeling that Val is caught up in this wacked-up family tree, somewhere, somehow. I don't think I've ever seen a family as twisty and dysfunctional as this one in a Nuzlocke.

And for some reason, I find myself very intrigued in Daisy's character now. I don't think anyone's ever given her much weight to their plot, or even mention her at all. This just stands out to me as another example of how you've taken minor characters and elevated them to something more.
[+] Spoiler
Val Thing:
[+] Spoiler
Val IS involved in a certain twist upcoming...but I don't think it will be what you're expecting (hopefully).
And thank you! Sometimes I worry I may confuse people with too many characters, but I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm hoping it all makes sense it the end.
I will be adding a plot recap at the end of this part (which is coming soon), so to anyone who is a little confused right now, don't worry! There's a light coming.

Destroyanator

April 19th, 2011, 5:13 am #314

:psyduck: Wow. that chapter just threw a wrench into all of my theories
heres what i got from that chapter:
[+] Spoiler
Chris's father is in communication with Koga, and has some degree of influence over him.
Koga has a third daughter.
The daughter that betrayed him is not necessarily Janine. By the same token, however, it's not necessarily NOT Janine.
The betraying daughter is Chris's mother.
From the degree of influence that Chris's father has over Koga, the most reasonable inference would be that he is Jimmy. However, why would the daughter that caused Koga's downfall want to have a child with the man who Koga has a massive bro-crush on? In addition, it's theoretically possible that our elusive Champion is Chris's father, which would give him some degree of influence over Koga's actions, because Koga is a gym leader.
So this chapter tells us that Chris mother either is Janine or isn't, and that Chris father either is Jimmy or isn't.
:wink: Well played, Bob, well played.
@QKNC
[+] Spoiler
I really hope that Val isn't somehow connected to the Oak family. the only reasonable place in the family tree i could see her occupying is that of Janine's other child. and that would mean William made out with his sister. :ugh:

Tharizdun

April 19th, 2011, 10:52 pm #315

I'm calling it right now, Val is the one who sunk the SS Anne. And if I'm wrong, well, I'll be very happy.
My Runs

TrainerBOB

April 21st, 2011, 2:19 am #316

[+] Replies!
Destroyanator wrote: :psyduck: Wow. that chapter just threw a wrench into all of my theories
heres what i got from that chapter:
[+] Spoiler
Chris's father is in communication with Koga, and has some degree of influence over him.
Koga has a third daughter.
The daughter that betrayed him is not necessarily Janine. By the same token, however, it's not necessarily NOT Janine.
The betraying daughter is Chris's mother.
From the degree of influence that Chris's father has over Koga, the most reasonable inference would be that he is Jimmy. However, why would the daughter that caused Koga's downfall want to have a child with the man who Koga has a massive bro-crush on? In addition, it's theoretically possible that our elusive Champion is Chris's father, which would give him some degree of influence over Koga's actions, because Koga is a gym leader.
So this chapter tells us that Chris mother either is Janine or isn't, and that Chris father either is Jimmy or isn't.
:wink: Well played, Bob, well played.
@QKNC
[+] Spoiler
I really hope that Val isn't somehow connected to the Oak family. the only reasonable place in the family tree i could see her occupying is that of Janine's other child. and that would mean William made out with his sister. :ugh:
Hehe, thank you Destroyanator. That's what I aim to do - give you just enough to wonder but carefully hide the revelation-clues until the plot twist actually happens. :v:
As far as Val is concerned...be on your toes...

Tharizdun wrote:I'm calling it right now, Val is the one who sunk the SS Anne. And if I'm wrong, well, I'll be very happy.
You'll see soon enough Tharizdun! :wink:
Should have wrote and updated tonight :=/:
Update tomorrow - scout's honor!

TrainerBOB

April 23rd, 2011, 1:54 am #317

Ugh. I've been sick. :=/:
BUT NOW UPDATE FINALLY HERE.

Chapter Fifty-Eight
[+] Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Breaking News

The news print felt smooth between Professor Oak’s fingers as he held the front page of The Daily Revealer between his hands. It was one of the less popular newspapers in Kanto.

But it had a story that no other newspaper had run. Their Editor-In-Chief, Scott Scope, had written an investigative article called “The Mysteries of Kanto”. Professor Oak wasn’t a subscriber to the Revealer, but this morning he had found a copy of the newspaper on his desk with a small post-it note that said: ‘People are starting to notice things. I’m not scared – you?’

Professor Oak knew the handwriting.

Now, he sat on his desk, arms occasionally trembling, reading the article.

The people of Kanto have always asked themselves mysterious questions. Is Mew real? Where did the legendary birds come from? How is it that they are immortal? Who is the champion of Kanto? The people of Kanto are used to these mysteries.

But more recently, the people of Kanto have been asking themselves questions that aren’t idle wonder. Questions that are dangerous.

What happened to Bill Yates?

Several weeks ago, famous inventor and Pokémon Fanatic Bill Yates vanished. The day of Yates’ disappearance, a man mysteriously called the police station and suggested they go and make sure he had cleaned up behind himself.

“The implication is Yates is dead,” police retiree Patrick Yelps said. “Whoever called must have killed Yates.”

Prior to retiring, Yelps spent 40 years investigating murders and kidnappings.

“I know a murder when I see it,” Yelps said. “Whoever killed Yates was proud of it, and he wanted the whole world to know about it.”

At the time, it made all the headlines. His pictured could be seen on every front page.

“But then something strange happened,” news analysts Toby Quiler said. “News about Bill Yates vanished. Papers stopped printing the stories. Anchormen stopped talking about it. And even the morning TV shows stopped gossiping about it.”

Oddly enough, after deep investigating, the Revealer found that the government had issued a private mandate that any news organization that received financial aid or was hoping to someday receive financial aid should not print Bill Yates’ name unless he was found alive. The mandate implicated any news organization that broke this rule would find themselves never again to receive government loans or help.

The Revealer did not receive the mandate, and it was only after many hours spent on phone calls was a copy from another news organization sent to the Revealer staff.

“Now just why would the government issue a mandate like that?” Quiler asked. “What are they afraid of?”

Government Spokeswoman Shelly Walker said the government refused to acknowledge the existence of the mandate.

“We have not released a public mandate regarding Bill Yates, that is all I can say,” Walker said. “I cannot discuss private mandates – as those are private.”

But oddly enough, it is not just news organizations that the government has been in contact with regarding Bill Yates. According to an insider at the Cerulean City Police Department, the government “advised” the department to stop investigating Yates’ case.

“They told us he could not be found, and to continue to look for him and the man who made that call would be a waste of time and money,” the anonymous source said. “We listened to them, and have since dropped the case.”

Even stranger, Yates was known to be working on a high-tech project that would be able to allow humans to rearrange their molecules and change their state of being. Just what happened to the blueprints and actual plans to make this project is still unknown.

So, Kanto may never know what happened to Bill Yates. It is just one more mystery – a dark mystery that the government seems to wish everyone to hush up about.

But – this isn’t the first time the government has been dishonest its people.

What happened to the bodies of the Three?

Everyone knows of the Battle of Threes, the Pokémon Fight that determined the fate of Kanto. Supposedly, the three Oaks killed each other off in this fight. Supposedly, none of them survived.

“But no one ever saw the bodies,” Quiler said. “The government said their bodies were found, but no one has ever reported to seeing the bodies.”

The government did indeed release a statement saying that the three bodies had been found. But – they could not provide evidence of the bodies.

“They were cremated,” said Walker, the government spokeswoman. “And that’s that!”

After being cremated, the ashes were supposedly spread across the mountains in a poetic, beautiful way.

It is also a convenient way. How else could the ash’s be tested, and the deaths of the three confirmed?

After digging through records of every Cremation Company in Kanto, the Revealer found that there were no records of the cremation of Jimmy, Richard, or Charlie Oak.

“I’m not sure who cremated them,” Cremation Union Leader Sam Polly said. “Only that the government said they were cremated.”

So – what did happen to the bodies of the three?

Professor Oak refused to comment. None of the Elite 4 members could be reached in time for printing.

Why was Erika murdered?

Team Rocket killed the Celadon Gym Leader, Erika. When her body was examined afterwards, coroners said she was killed over a long period of time – she had been tortured. But many wounds that were inflicted on her body seemed not to be aiming to kill.

“Someone appeared to be just trying to cause pain,” Celadon Police Department Coroner Hank Tyler said. “We found patterns of pain that are similar to the bodies of victims who were tortured for information.”

So…Erika knew something that Team Rocket wanted to know? But what?

Many had forgotten that Erika was sister to Janine Oak – former champion of Kanto and wife of Richard Oak. She was also daughter of Koga, who was rumored to be a Jimmy Oak sympathizer prior to the Battle of Threes.

It just seems like an odd coincidence. But, there is one more tiny fact that makes this bigger.

According to another inside source, the Kanto government’s personal coroner examined Erika’s body and declared she had “died of an induced heart attack due to stress. There were no signs of intense interrogation on her body. Her heart attack could have come from interrogation, but there was no physical pain inflicted on her.”

This is despite the fact that she was found hanging in Team Rocket’s secret basement. Once again – the government interferes on an issue that is somehow connected to the Oaks.

“They seem rather concerned whenever the Oaks are involved,” Quiler said. “Their pattern of involvement is…concerning.”

The government’s coroner overruled Celadon City’s coroner and rewrote Erika’s certificate.

The world is left wondering – why?

What happened to Rain and Surge?

Now not one, but two gym leaders have mysterious vanished.

Surge’s gym got blown up.

Rain mysteriously vanished, leaving a daughter to care for herself.

When investigators searched the site of the Surge’s gym, they did not found his body, only the body of some unknown man. The clothes he was wearing were almost entirely destroyed, and they only found a few red threads.

The same color red of Team Rocket’s uniforms.

Meanwhile, Rain disappeared over five years ago now. Investigators never found any leads leading up to her disappearance, and Misty (her daughter) has been entirely mum on the subject.

“Its already been proven that the government or police cannot help me,” Misty said. “I no longer communicate with them on the issue – they have entirely given up.”

Once more, another mystery lands onto of the messy pile.

The Assault on Pewter City

Last week, Team Rocket attacked Pewter City for reasons that are not entirely known. They burned half the city to the ground, and they ruthlessly tortured Brock, the gym leader.

Brock would not comment on the issue – but upon greeting him he still was covered in bruises.

Team Rocket stole nothing – besides the fossils from the Pewter City Museum. There is no known underground market for such relics, so this is not like Rocket’s normal bank heists.

“Why they would steal from us is completely baffling,” Museum manger Raquel Pater said. “And it has also left us without any way to please customers!”

But – the stolen fossils are not the strangest thing about this incident. Several townspeople reported seeing an unknown woman running through the streets fighting off Team Rocket grunts. She was supposedly an extremely competent trainer – and was able to defeat many Pokémon with a single Eevee.

“I have never seen anything like it,” Ruth Jackson said, an elderly resident of Pewter City. “She was some sort of…Goddess.”

When asked about this woman, Brock’s face tightened and he slammed the door.

Who is this mysterious woman? And why has she not stepped into the spotlight and accepted the glory of a heroine?

Of course, this was not her only appearance.

The Assault on Lavender Town

Team Rocket also attacked Lavender Town – just two days ago. This time they caused much more damage, burning down well over half the town and killing many residents. Famous Mr. Fuji was among the dead.

“We will miss Mr. Fuji dearly,” resident Alice Cathers said. “I’m not sure how the town will go on.”

Elite 4 member Agatha was not present during the attack. She was at a meeting of the Elite 4.

“It was William Shake that saved us,” Cathers said. “William and that mysterious woman…”

Yes – a mysterious woman of unknown name was aiding in battling off Team Rocket. Could she be the same woman from Pewter City?

“Its quite possible,” Cathers said. “She had an Eevee with her – and it knew Hyper Beam – I saw it use the attack from the window of the Pokémon Tower.”

There is no prior incident of an Eevee using Hyper Beam, so this woman would have to be truly a legendary trainer in order to teach the attack.

But what is perhaps even more interesting then the second appearance of this mysterious woman is Team Rocket’s presence. What were they doing in Lavender Town?

“Supposedly there was a prophecy in the Pokémon Tower on that very same day,” Cathers said.

Prophecies are rare. They often are made before great changes in history. But why would Team Rocket want to know what the prophecy was saying? They are just a criminal organization…aren’t they?

The Mysterious Team Rocket

Prior to coming to Kanto, Team Rocket was a mercenary army in Johto that worked for Lance during the Civil War of Johto. Then, when Lance and his monarchy government lost the war, the Rocket group disappeared for several years.

But now they seem to be back. They made their first appearance over a decade ago, and who knows how long they were operating prior to that.

“Team Rocket originally seemed to be operating to get money, but their latest exploits have had some more purpose,” Quiler said. “What exactly those purposes are is…not clear.”

Team Rocket is known for being a ruthless organization. They kill anyone who is in their way. Members of Team Rocket commit suicide rather than be caught and arrested.

And anyone who is caught and arrested dies.

But why all the secrecy?

“Team Rocket is wrapped in mysteries,” Quiler said. “It was only recently did we find out the name of their leader.”

During William Shake’s raid on their base in Celadon City, he meant Giovanni, the mysterious man behind Team Rocket. But what is he trying to gain?

“I don’t really know….” William Shake said during an interview in Celadon City after the incident. “We just kind of battled…and that was it.”

So there you have it. A mysterious organization with mysterious motives and a mysterious leader. The only person who has meant with Giovanni is William Shake.

And speaking of the young trainer…

Just Who Is William Shake?

On the outside, he appears to just be a rising Pokémon Trainer. He has defeated four of Kanto’s eight gym leaders. His current location is not known – but he is surly traveling either to Fuchsia City of Saffron City.

But upon looking more closely, a more interesting character is found.

William Shake battled with Team Rocket in Mt. Moon. He took the fossil from a dying boy and gave it to the boy’s mother. Team Rocket was supposedly after that fossil.

William Shake was the last challenger to face Surge before his gym exploded.

He is also the same trainer who ventured deep into Team Rocket’s secret base in an attempt to save Erika. He managed to beat Giovanni, and drive Team Rocket out of Celadon City.

He is also the same trainer who helped fend off Team Rocket in Lavender Town.

So, just exactly who is William Shake? He has had several encounters with Team Rocket, and is a rising star in Kanto. But he has managed to keep most of his life private from the media.

“He’s an amazing trainer, and his team is unbelievable,” said Cathers, who watched William fight from the window of the tower. “Watch and see – he’ll be the next champion!”

Of course, William Shake is going to have some competition.

The Return of the Oak

Another Oak is battling through Kanto, and is aiming for the top. According to online records updated late last night, he now has five badges. His name is Chris Oak.

“He completely destroyed my team,” Koga said in a last minute email. “He is invincible.”

But one question remains unanswered – who are Chris’ parents?

Is he the son of the horrible villain – Jimmy Oak?

Or could he possibly be son of one of the heroes – Richard or Charlie Oak?

One thing is sure – unlike William Shake, Chris Oak has remained under the radar.

Where does this leave the fate of Kanto?

People are dying. People are vanishing. A prophecy has been made. A criminal organization seems to grow stronger and bolder by the day. Two new trainers are rapidly raising in skill and power.

“Kanto better be ready for anything,” Quiler said. “We’re in for a bumpy ride.”

Professor Oak set the paper down with trembling hands. The writer of that article was already dead – he knew it in his heart.

Suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, the doors to Professor Oak’s lab swung open.

Chris Oak came stalking in – his eyes lit with a dangerous fury Professor Oak had never before seen in the boy.

I swear to Arecus, Professor Oak thought, I need to lock that damned door.

“Well,” Chris exclaimed, when he reached Professor Oak’s desk. “Where is she?!?” Professor Oak blinked up at his grandson, and he leaned back in his seat, trying to escape the intensity of his grandson’s gaze.

“W-who?” Professor Oak asked, stumbling over his words.

“Daisy!” Chris said. “She claimed to be my sister – but all along she’s been lying! AND SO HAVE YOU!” Chris’s body trembled, and his eyes were wide with rage.

“Chris!” Professor Oak snapped. “Control yourself! I’m actually really busy at the moment – you’ll have to-”

With a single dramatic sweep of his arms, Chris cleared Professor Oak’s desk clean, getting rid of every paper and mechanical device on it. It all went crashing to the floor, and the sound of metal hitting metal filled the lab. Professor Oak went deathly still, except for his right hand, which moved slowly to remove a Pokeball from his pocket.

The movement was not missed by Chris’s eyes.

“What?” Chris asked him, seething with anger. “Are you going to fight me now?”

“If necessary,” Professor Oak said. “I will.”

The tension in the air could have been cut with a knife. But – only for a moment. Because, just as quickly as he came in, Chris turned around and stalked out of the lab.

When he reached the doors, he turned his head and looked back to his grandfather.

“I hate you.”

And then Chris left, slamming the metal doors behind him.
[+] A Few Thoughts
Sorry if there are in huge grammar/spelling mistakes. Its a pretty long chapter, and I'm not feeling well...

Anyway, mostly a reminder/catchup chapter, but there are some more interesting things going on in that news story. More Chris next chapter!
This part is winding down - I'm guessing there will be anything between 3-4 Chapters left.

And then we get to the Silph Co.
[+] Spoiler
My favorite part - not for the reasons you'll be expecting.

Destroyanator

April 23rd, 2011, 6:29 am #318

wrote:Chris Oak came stalking in – his eyes lit with a dangerous fury Professor Oak had never before seen in the boy.

I agree. this has to be the fifth or sixth time someone has randomly come storming into Professor Oak's office.

In other news, the tension is building.................. and just when i though i couldn't get an curiouser......

i hope no one dies at Silph Co. :ohdear:

Keep up the good work :biggrin:

Epsi

April 24th, 2011, 6:48 pm #319

wrote:“Well,” Chris exclaimed, when he reached Professor Oak’s desk. “Where is she?!?” Professor Oak blinked up at his grandson, and he leaned back in his seat, trying to escape the intensity of his son’s gaze.
might want to fix that, it may cause some confusion.

What probably doesn't help Chris' furious inquiry is that Prof. Oak's mind is completely bondoggled when it comes to anything to to with Daisy at the moment...
Hello. Let's play some music.

TrainerBOB

April 26th, 2011, 1:54 am #320

[+] Replies
Destroyanator wrote:
wrote:Chris Oak came stalking in – his eyes lit with a dangerous fury Professor Oak had never before seen in the boy.

I agree. this has to be the fifth or sixth time someone has randomly come storming into Professor Oak's office.

In other news, the tension is building.................. and just when i though i couldn't get an curiouser......

i hope no one dies at Silph Co. :ohdear:

Keep up the good work :biggrin:
The Silph Co. is a bloody massacre. Just warning 'ya...

But yes, a lot of exploded tension happens at the Silph Co.

And lol, too many people have stormed into Oak's office. That's why I put that line in there...I'm admitting to an overused device. :xd:

Epsilon wrote:
wrote:“Well,” Chris exclaimed, when he reached Professor Oak’s desk. “Where is she?!?” Professor Oak blinked up at his grandson, and he leaned back in his seat, trying to escape the intensity of his son’s gaze.
might want to fix that, it may cause some confusion.

What probably doesn't help Chris' furious inquiry is that Prof. Oak's mind is completely bondoggled when it comes to anything to to with Daisy at the moment...
Gah, thanks Epsilon. I fixed it right away when I saw you commented, but I'm just now thanking you for it.

The funny thing is I made the same mistake elsewhere but I caught it then before uploading it. :v:
And then there was an update! Sorry no update this past weekend, I was doing a No-Sleep Run.

Chapter Fifty-Nine
[+] Chapter Fifty-Nine
The Parents of Chris Oak

Janine Oak moved without thinking.

One second ago, she was watching Chris Oak walk by her window, his face entirely expressionless. However, it was his eyes that told her what he was thinking. His eyes seemed like they belonged to the dying, for they screamed of a pain from some hidden wound.

Jade was out the door three seconds later. She had not bother to put shoes on – she had to get to Chris Oak fast. She shuffled quickly through her front yard, and turned the corner.

Chris Oak was walking down the empty lonely dirt path of Pallet Town. His head was down-casted, and his back to Janine.

“Chris!” She called out, not sure what she was going to say next.

The young trainer turned slowly to look at her. His eyes still foretold of the great pain he was feeling, but there was also surprise in there as well.

He did not say anything; he just stood still, waiting for her to talk to him.

Janine studied him for a long moment. Deep down, she knew she had been prejudice against him. But when she looked into his eyes and saw the pain, an instinct to care for him had suddenly taken over.

“Why don’t you come inside.” Janine said. It was not a question.

“Why?” Chris asked her. His voice held insolent, and he was angry. Janine knew he was not angry with her – but angry at the world.

“I can answer your questions,” Janine said. She stood still – hoping he would come.

Chris’s face portrayed no emotion to the words. His face remained frozen in stone, and his eyes remained that of the dying.

But then, without saying any words, he slowly walked forward. Janine turned, and walked slowly into her house, leading Chris along the way.

How can I tell him?

---------------------------------

“Here,” Janine said, setting down the cup on the table. “Have some tea.” Chris Oak was sitting at the dining table in Janine’s kitchen. His eyes were still of the dead, and his face mad of stone. All the same, he tilted his head towards her a single time, an unspoken thanks.

He lifted the cup to his mouth, and took a long, but gentle sip of the warm tea. Then, with careful controlled motions, he set the cup back on the table.

“Am I weak?” he suddenly asked her. Janine Oak blinked – of all the questions she was expecting Chris to ask, this was not the one of them.

“What do you mean?” she asked him, her voice breaking slightly.

“How is William handling this?” He asked her. “All the lying…everything that’s happened. How is he managing?”

Janine considered lying to him – William was none of Chris’s business. But the look in his eyes forced the truth out of Janine.

“He struggled with it for awhile,” Janine said. “And I think he’s forever changed because of it. But he’s better now.”

“How does he compare to the way I’ve handled it?” Chris asked her. “Am I weak?”

“No Chris – you’re not weak.” Janine said. She moved her hand slowly and placed it over Chris’s hand that rested on the table. He flinched slightly at her touch, but he did not take it away.

“You said he’s doing better – how?”

“I told him the truth,” Janine said, flinching slightly when she remembered she had kept one piece of information from him.

“Who was his father?” Chris asked.

“Richard Oak,” Janine said. She was looking into Chris’s eyes, trying to see who he was for the first time. She owed it to him.

She saw a boy. A boy who was scared.

“So it was good news for him?”

A boy who was alone.

“Yes.”

A boy who had been lied to his entire life. A boy who had a woman pretended to be his sister – the same woman who had treated him like shit.

“Will you tell me who my father is?”

A boy whose grandfather didn’t give a damn about him. A boy who had practically raised himself. A boy with a dead mother and a vanished father.

“Do you want to know?” She asked him, still locked into his eyes.

“Yes.” Chris whispered the word.

A boy whose heart was about to break.

“Jimmy,” Janine whispered. “I’m sorry Chris…I know it’s not what you wanted…but your father is Jimmy Oak.”

Chris’s face remained expressionless. But his eyes lit with pain – like he was on fire.

“I’m not surprised,” Chris said, his voice trembled. “It explains the way I am.”

“What does that mean?” Janine asked him.

Chris tore his hand away from her and stood up in an instant, knocking the chair over. His face was not tight, and his eyes had turned from pain to rage.

“I’m a god damned horrible person aren’t I?” He exploded. “I mean – I’ve freaking killed. I killed one of Brock’s Pokémon – that makes me a killer right? Right? It explains why I’ve always been such a brat. It explains why I’m a cocky arrogant bastard who has never had any friends. It explains everything that is freaking wrong with me!”

Janine kept her face still during his speech. But then, slowly, she stood up, and walked towards Chris. His body was shaking, his eyes and face red.

And then a single tear fell from the corner of his eye. The remains of Chris’s composure broke down, and he started crying.

Janine embraced him, and held him tight against her.

“Shh” she whispered softly. “Everything will be okay…”

“How?” He asked her in between subs. “How will everything be okay?”

“Sit down Chris…get off you’re feet and I’ll tell you.”

Still trembling, Chris lifted the chair back up from the ground, and he sat down in it. Janine stayed next to him though, and she knelt on the ground, looking up to him.

“You were left alone all your life, with people who treated you horribly,” she said softly to him. “When you acted out – it was because you were lonely. It was not because of who your father was.”

“How do you know that?”

“Because you remind me nothing of Jimmy Oak Chris,” she said softly. “You remind me more of your mother.”

“My mother?”

“Yes,” Janine said. “My older sister, Koga’s second child and oldest daughter. She was a great woman, who was passionate, but battled ruthlessly. However, she was good. Truly, good.”

“You’re…you’re Koga’s daughter?” Chris asked softly. “That means…”

“Yes,” Janine said. “I am your Aunt.”

He didn’t say anything.

“I’m sorry Chris,” Janine said., tears in her eyes now. “I’m sorry I was never there for you. Like so many others, I was prejudice against you because of your father. But I can see you better now. You are nothing like Jimmy Oak. He never felt any guilt.”

Chris closed his eyes, and he leaned his head back.

“Who is my mother?” He asked, in a trembling whisper.

“Jasmine,” Janine said, her voice now trembling as well. “Jasmine…her name was Jasmine. She was my older sister, who inspired me to do a great many of things. She was both the leader and head general of the Johto Rebel Army. She fought off many trainers and gym leaders with her Pokémon.”

“…Jasmine?” Chris repeated the name softly. “…She couldn’t of been that great…she fell for Jimmy’s act.”

“Jimmy tricked her into loving him before I could warn her about him,” Janine said, her voice trembling softly. “He used his influence to get Team Rocket to change sides at the last minute of the Johto Civil War. After that nothing I said could convince her he was an evil man. Even his failing at the Elite Four didn’t convince her.”

Chris was silent as he took in the information. Then, he turned to her, and asked her softly.

“Where did she go? Why didn’t she raise me?”

“She died,” Janine said, tears in her eyes now. “I was told by your childbirth…but Jimmy was the only one with her…so I’ve always had my doubts.”

Chris’s face tightened in anger for a second, but then it relaxed, and he asked Janine another question.

“What was she like?”

“She loved Steel-types,” Janine said, automatically. “She thought they were most useful for their defense. Which makes since – she battled through war. Our older brother taught her everything she knew about battling…before they got in a fight.”

“What else?” Chris asked.

“She loved to walk down the beach and collect shells,” Janine said, her eyes distant. “She would always say the sound of the waves crashing into the sands was the most peaceful sound in the world.”

“What else?” Chris asked, his voice becoming more eager.

“She hated eating fish. She spent so much time camped near the ocean during the Johto Civil War she became sick of anything that swam,” Janine was smiling, remembering the way Jasmine would almost vomit whenever she smelled seafood. “She loved to snack on chocolate – it was a delicate to her.”

“What was her favorite color?”

“Blue, she always kept blue beads in her hair,” Janine said, thinking softly of the gems that were always set just right. “She claimed it matched her eyes…though her eyes were always changing color. Sometimes they were a pretty blue…other times they were a hard silver.”

“My favorite color is blue,” Chris said, softly.

Janine moved her hand softly to Chris’s chest, and she picked up the green gem that hung there.

“You had this since birth – right?”

“Yes,” Chris said. “Daisy…she told me it was my father’s.”

“It’s not,” Janine said. “It was Jasmine’s – she gave it to Jimmy when they became close. He kept it, but I always he felt it was a trophy, not a token of love.”

Janine turned the gem softly in her hands. “Erika was jealous of Jasmine…she loved Jimmy…and she had always secretly converted this gem of Jasmine’s. To see Jasmine with Jimmy and Jimmy with the gem…it was like a shot to her chest.”

“Erika…” Chris repeated softly. “How is she related to all of this?”

“She is – literally,” Janine said. “She is Koga’s daughter as well.”

“That explains why she hated me,” Chris said softly.

“Yes…she would. She held a grudge against Jasmine and Jimmy…”

Chris sat in silence for a second. Janine got up, and she returned to her seat. Chris was not longer looking at her, he was looking steadily down at the ground.

“Why don’t you spend the night Chris,” Janine suggested. “William’s room is empty, and I’m sure you could use a good night’s rest in a safe place.”

Chris looked up, surprised.

“No…no I need to continue with my journey…I’ve got to become the Pokémon Champion…”

“That can wait a day or two,” Janine said gently. “Please…I insist. Besides…there is more I have to tell you. We haven’t even gotten started yet really. So please…stay.”

Chris blinked, and then he nodded, a bit reluctantly.

“Good,” Janine said. “Now…I’ll go make dinner. We’ll have something special tonight.”

Janine got up and turned to walk away. But as she left for the cooking area, Chris said something soft to her.

“Thank you Aunt Jade.”

Janine turned around, surprised. But then, she smiled, and said in a kind voice.

“Please…my nephew….call me Aunt Janine.”
[+] A Few Thoughts
I was actually thinking of not revealing the identiy of Chris's mother until the sequel of this run. (Yes, there will be a sequel. Of course, the ending of this run could still be happy or sad.) Anyways, I decided to not do that to poor Chris. He suffers much more before this is over anyways.

Also, the run in-game has come to an end. Notice I said come to an end, not whether or not I won or loss. The ending was fairly epic though, I will say that.
Next two chapters will be William's battle with Koga. Although William was not in this chapter...or the last one...or the one before that... I'll post what hid team was before the battle below. It may seem over leveled for a fifth gym battle, but just wait till you see what Koga's effing team was.
[+] My Team
Tybalt (Charizard): 47
Desdemona (Butterfree): 43
Fleance (Nidoking): 38
Virgilia (Blastoise): 36
Eros (Jolteon): 33
Brabantio (Venasaur): 32
[+] Koga's Team
Venonat Level 44
Venonat Level 46
Venonat Level 48
Venomoth Level 50
AND ALL OF THEM KNOW PSYCHIC.
So yeah...I may have actually been under leveled for that battle.

Anyways, make predictions and stuff. Or speculate. New chapter tomorrow morning - hopefully.