Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
NathanS
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym

April 1st, 2011, 5:58 pm #281

[+] Spoiler
Alas poor Fuji, the curse of the side character strikes again. Man you have to have the nastiest Giovanni I've seen, I mean, damn, not one for caring about employee morale is he?
The World of The War

Up to Chapter Three, Part Five
Fight at The Gym

Verminator
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym

April 1st, 2011, 6:12 pm #282

Holy crap. That was an absolute massacre. This is the Stalingrad of Nuzlocke stories.

One thing's for sure though. Jessie will be sure never to underestimate the power of Pokésav again. :coolface:
Hey! Verminator doesn't advertise!
Except for here.
[+] Spoiler
Banner by Kynim, whose art is currently being investigated as a possible cancer cure.

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

April 2nd, 2011, 12:14 am #283

NathanS wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Alas poor Fuji, the curse of the side character strikes again. Man you have to have the nastiest Giovanni I've seen, I mean, damn, not one for caring about employee morale is he?
I've noticed now that a lot of past deaths have been side-characters, and a lot of future ones are as well. Oh well, lolz. It is indeed a curse to be a side character in my run...of course the main characters aren't faring off so well either...

And Giovanni is nasty, lol. He doesn't care about other people that much at all.

Verminator wrote:Holy crap. That was an absolute massacre. This is the Stalingrad of Nuzlocke stories.

One thing's for sure though. Jessie will be sure never to underestimate the power of Pokésav again. :coolface:
Thanks Verminator! [/loves history reference]

Tee-hee, along with being a mother, a previous Pokemon Champion, and a daughter of a gym leader, Jade is also a Pokemon hacker. :laughing:

Thanks for the comments guys! I also wanted to let everyone know I stopped being a lazy asshole and I updated the ToC. It was at like chapter 48 before, lol. I also added in a spoiler earlier this week showing artworks people have done from me story run. Check them out, right now Epsilon and tildes are the only ones right now, but they have both made some beautiful stuff for me. Their work is in my signature as well, so you can check it out everywhere! :smile:

Peace out, I'll be updating tomorrow!

Firestar
Indigo League Champion
Indigo League Champion

April 2nd, 2011, 3:46 am #284

Awesome job as always; I'm all caught up, and the results of your recent work is excellent. I never saw Fuji coming, and you have me at the edge of my seat at each line. Expectantly awaiting more!

Also, I am back to my editing duties! Feel free to PM future chapters.

TrainerBOB

April 2nd, 2011, 2:53 pm #285

Firestar wrote:Awesome job as always; I'm all caught up, and the results of your recent work is excellent. I never saw Fuji coming, and you have me at the edge of my seat at each line. Expectantly awaiting more!

Also, I am back to my editing duties! Feel free to PM future chapters.
Thanks Firestar - I'm glad you're back! I don't even want to think about how many typos I had in my past few chapters, lol.
Working on the new chapter, I'll probably have it to you mid-afternoon.

Destroyanator
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

April 2nd, 2011, 6:05 pm #286

Holy crap this run is intense. I wish i'd found it earlier. in any case, i have some speculation as to the identity of the Silph children:
[+] Spoiler
Giovanni tells Jessie: "You understand that if you were a normal Team Rocket executive who had failed to retrieve the words of the prophecy, you would be dead right now"

and

"I only really need one of you alive"

So they're NOT normal Team Rocket execs? And Giovanni needs one of them for a plan involving Silph Co. Hmmmmm............. So maybe.......... Jessie and James are Mr. Silphs children? :eek:

Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

April 2nd, 2011, 6:32 pm #287

@Destroyanator - dang man, I think you are right
Hello. Let's play some music.

TrainerBOB

April 3rd, 2011, 12:56 am #288

[+] Replies
Destroyanator wrote:Holy crap this run is intense. I wish i'd found it earlier. in any case, i have some speculation as to the identity of the Silph children:
[+] Spoiler
Giovanni tells Jessie: "You understand that if you were a normal Team Rocket executive who had failed to retrieve the words of the prophecy, you would be dead right now"

and

"I only really need one of you alive"

So they're NOT normal Team Rocket execs? And Giovanni needs one of them for a plan involving Silph Co. Hmmmmm............. So maybe.......... Jessie and James are Mr. Silphs children? :eek:
Thanks Destroyanator!
Epsilon wrote:@Destroyanator - dang man, I think you are right
As far as that speculation goes...I can't comment for now. :wink:
And now for an update!

Chapter Fifty-Five
[+] Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Five: Eros

Mr. Silph sat behind his desk, his hands linked together in front of him. His face was cool and calm, his eyes thin and focused. He wore his usual black suite, and his tie was aligned perfectly.

Beneath his hands were papers that reported on the falling stock of his company. These papers told of the numbers that had steadily fallen after the sinking of the S.S. Anne. These papers told of the numbers that were at an all time low for the Silph Co. These papers told of the numbers that spelled what seemed to be certain death for the Silph Co.

But Mr. Silph was not giving up. He would never give up.

In front of him sat three engineers that worked for his company. They were young and ambitious. Two were men who were weeks out of college and in there twenties. The other was a woman who was in her early thirties, and several years out of college.

These three were Mr. Silph’s smartest. They were now his top engineers. The other, more experienced engineers who had worked for Mr. Silph had either mysteriously disappeared, or had been hired to work for different companies.

Mr. Silph no longer believed this was a coincidence. He no longer believed that the horrible incidents that plagued his company were random. They were connected. They were the planned actions of the maniac who was trying to buy his fossils.

But he would overcome them.

“We are ready to start construction on the Master Ball, Mr. Silph,” one of his engineers said, drawling out the words with an air of superiorty. This man believed he could rule the world some day with his brain and his intelligence. He was ambitious beyond comprehension. He was a sleazy, with black hair that was gelled backwards, and large glasses that fit over his gleaming eyes. But Mr. Silph didn’t care about this man’s personality. He only needed his brain. “Under my new methods of design, the prototype will be finished within the week.”

“Excellent,” Mr. Silph said. “What else do you have for me?”

“We have begun working on the design of a new possible product for the Silph Co,” another of the three engineers said. He was short and scrawny, and was weak-willed. He rarely spoke, only when absolutely necessary, and he reminded Mr. Silph of a spider spinning a web. But he was a genius, and Mr. Silph needed a mind like his. “It shall be called the Vs. Recorder. It will be small, compact, and shall fit in a single palm of a child. This device will be able to record up to hours of anything, but will be marketed to trainers in order to be used for Pokémon battle recording. Its small size will be the draw to it.”

“Excellent,” Mr. Silph said. “When you have the primary sketches finished, show them to me.”

“Yes Mr. Silph,” the second engineer said.

“Do you three have anything else to report?”

“No Mr. Silph,” the first engineer said.

“Actually,” the third engineer corrected. “I have something else I would like to say.”

The other two engineers looked to the third in surprise. Whatever she was planning to say, it was not something they had planned together.

This engineer was cruel, cold, and calculating. She was the smartest of the three, and possibly mentally insane. She could focus in on the tiniest of problems, and solve it beautifully. But she was cruel. She hated others, and saw the general population of mankind as stepping stones to her rise of success. She didn’t care for others. She only cared for her own mind. Mr. Silph was willing to believe she would kill for power. Her personalities changed on an almost regular basis, and Mr. Silph had already discovered her to be a competent liar.

Yet still, he had hired her, because she was a genius.

She had completed courses through online classes. She was unable to move out of the small town she lived in, for unspecified reasons. Work and sketches and technical plans she had sent in had attracted the attentions of professor’s world wide. Recommendation letters poured in over her, and she was offered scholarships to the finest universities. But, to everyone’s shock, she declined them. She could not move home, she said.

Her genius continued, and she mastered knowledge outside of her lessons. The Professors who she corresponded with through computers were shocked. Either she was somehow cheating or she had someone outside teacher her. However, when they showed up in her quiet home and gave her a surprise quiz, she proved her brilliance by passing it with flying colors.

But, it was then, at the house that they learned she was lying about her name. But her brilliance was too much to punish her for that. The online university officials assumed she has lied for a personal reason, and let it pass without more than a note to her real name.

She came to pass the final test with relevant ease. But, it was not until a few years after this did she finally leave the quiet town, and came to work for Mr. Silph. In those few years in between, she took several online courses, and obtained a degree certifying her to work with Psychic Pokémon.

She had been hired two days ago. She had left her town three days ago.

Her name was Daisy Oak.

“I’ve been working on several, private, projects Mr. Silph,” she said, her eyes gleaming darkly. “I would like to share them with you.”

The other two engineers looked at her with wild and extreme hatred. Mr. Silph knew they saw this as a way to undermine them, and give her greater credibility.

“Okay…” Mr. Silph said slowly, unsure of how she had been working on several, personal projects in the short two days she had been hired.

“The first would be of the purpose to be sold to the government. It’s a massive computer software that can be used to get past the toughest databases and firewall programs, and open up locked away data.”

Daisy set forth a stack of papers on Mr. Silph’s desk, which looked at it with raised eyebrows.

“I’ve been working on this project for a few weeks now, and I believe it is finished. This software can be sold to Kanto’s government intelligence agency, who can use it in times of distress.”

Mr. Silph picked up the papers slowly, and weighed them with his hand.

“So…this would be a software to be used as a weapon in war?”

Daisy smiled cruelly.

“In a way, yes. Your personal computers are the only machines in the entire world capable of running a program like this. No one has been able to build or figure out your secret when it comes to making them. So…you would have an absolute monopoly on this item. The government would pay you so much money out of pure desperation.”

Mr. Silph dropped the papers on his desk, and shoved them towards Daisy.

“No.”

“Excuse me?” she exclaimed, shocked.
“I said no Daisy.” Mr. Silph said. “I will not condone the building of destructive inventions in my building.”

“But…but…the money the government would pay you would get you out of your company’s pitfall!” Daisy exclaimed. “It wouldn’t even take much work to make the software! I have all the pre-work done before you in those papers! I just need a single day with your computers!”

“The answer is no Daisy,” Mr. Silph said coolly. “What else do you have?”

The other two engineers smirked at Daisy’s failure. She stiffly shuffled her papers and brought out another stack of sheets.

“This new project in mind could prove of great use when it comes to criminal investigations.” Daisy held up the drawing showing a black cord that had two small rubber tubes on the end. “Each tube would connect to a forehead, one of a Pokémon that is either of Psychic type or knows Psychic moves, and the other two a human being. The cord will allow the Psychic Pokémon to read the minds of the human it is attached too. Then, the Psychic Pokémon can transfer those same thoughts back to another human. It would prove essential to proving guilt or innocence.”

“And if it gets in the wrong hands,” Mr. Silph said darkly. “It could be used for the wrong purposes.”

“Anything is like that,” Daisy snapped angrily. “Take that Masterball of yours, think of the dangers it could cause.”

“Yes,” Mr. Silph said gravely, “But we are constructing the Masterball after years of careful consideration. I will not delve into a project thrown before suddenly and unexpectedly. Did you come into this company Miss. Oak with others who have already asked you to construct certain projects? Is that why you are here?”

Daisy was blushing with furry, but she could say nothing. She scrambled her papers aside and drew out one last sheet.

“This is my final project Mr. Silph.”

“I do not want to hear it.”

“But Mr. Silph!” She exclaimed. “It’s the greatest of the three – it involves Bill’s Molecular Changing Machine.”

“NO!” Mr. Silph snapped. “You are all excused. Get to work on the assignments I assigned you.”

The three got up quickly and left, though there was great resent in the way Daisy moved. One month ago Mr. Silph would not have hired any three of them. He only hired engineers who were good people. But this was desperate times, and desperate times were calling for desperate needs.

Within two minutes of the three engineer’s leaving, his phone started to ring.

“Hello,” Mr. Silph said when he answered it.

“Hello Mr. Silph,” the whiny voice of his new secretary said. The old one, who was very good at her job, had mysteriously vanished. “I have a man on hold here, he wishes to speak to you about a business proposition.”

For some reason, Mr. Silph knew exactly who it was. Well, he did not know this person’s name, but he knew what their intentions were.

“Connect him through.” Mr. Silph snapped, angry already. Mr. Silph stood up and walked over to the glass window that allowed him to see the entire Saffron City. He held the phone close to his ear, his grip on it tight.

“Hello Mr. Silph,” a cold, dark voice said over the line. “I have another offer for you.”

“No monetary value will ever be worth that fossil to me,” Mr. Silph snapped. “I don’t know if you realized this yet, but to me, money isn’t everything.”

“I have come to this realization Mr. Silph, it was quite an oversight by me not to see it in the first place.”

“Yet you continue to sabotage my company?” Mr. Silph snapped.

“So you’ve figured that out?” The cold voice asked mockingly. “Yes, I do continue. I will go as far as to destroy it if you don’t give me that fossil. If I have the fossil, I will stop.”

“Is that your offer?” Mr. Silph asked. “If so, I’m not buying. I can overcome whatever hurdle you throw in my way.”

“Oh no, Mr. Silph,” the man said. “My ending in my operations to destroy your company is only part of my new offer.”

“Then tell me what the hell is all of your offer?” Mr. Silph snapped, getting frustrated.

The man on the other line laughed. It was a cold, cruel voice.

“It is knowledge Mr. Silph. Knowledge that is very important to you.” The cold voice paused, for only a second, but then said in a menacing voice. “I can tell you what happened to your children Mr. Silph.”

Mr. Silph stood absolutely still. He felt an icicle stab through his heart. His head felt dizzy. His eyes watered over.

“…What did you say?”

“Don’t be melodramatic Mr. Silph,” the man snapped. “You heard what I said. I can tell you exactly what happened to your children.”

Mr. Silph was silent. Then, in a sad voice, he said.

“My children are dead. I will not let you play with me like this. Goodbye.”

“WAIT!” The man said urgently.

Mr. Silph held his thumb over the ‘end’ button, and he paused.

“I will get that fossil, but it seems that it will not be through peaceful negotiations. I will tell you this though Mr. Silph, I will tell you exactly what happened to your children,” the cold voice was filled with malice. Mr. Silph knew he should hang up, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. “They work for me Mr. Silph. They have been helping me destroy your company! And you know what else? They hated you as a father! They weren’t kidnapped all those years ago, they ran away after-”

Mr. Silph hung up the phone and he slammed it on the ground.

Then, he fell to his knees as he stared out the window. He knelt there, staring out at Saffron City.

Then he started to cry.

----------------------------

Bruno of the Elite 4 walked through the doors of the Fuchsia City gym. The large room that held the battlefield was empty. He frowned as he walked over the cold stone floor.

“I should have killed you.”

Bruno spun away, unclipping a ball from his belt and grasping it tightly in his hands. Standing at the doors behind him was Koga the gym leader. His narrow face was bent downward, but Bruno could still see the hint of a smile clear on his face.

“Excuse me?” Bruno snapped, angry.

“I should have killed you,” Koga repeated, his tone mocking. “I had a chance just now, to throw a knife in your back as you walked in the gym. But I didn’t. Yet I should have.”

“As you’ve learned from the past Koga, I’m not so easy to kill.”

Koga’s face twisted in disgust, and he turned away.

“Why are you here Bruno? Do you want to beat me up some more?”

Bruno considered the way he would word his next question carefully.

“I’m sorry to come at a bad time,” he said, speaking the words slowly. Koga, however, raised his eyebrows.

“Bad time?” the Poison-type Gym Leader asked. “What do you mean?”

“Well…you must still be in mourning of Erika’s death…?”

“Oh,” Koga said, surprised. “No, I am not. I never mourned her death. I had broken off all contact with Erika, Janine as well. The only child who I still keep in contact with is my oldest – my son.”

“Oh…” Bruno said. “Well then…I was wondering what you could tell me about Jimmy Oak.”

“Jimmy Oak was the madman who attempted to rule the world well over a decade ago,” Koga said, biting sarcasm in his tone. “I would think you would remember this Bruno, you experienced it first hand.”

“You know what I meant,” Bruno said. “The League has reason to believe he is alive still. We suspected you were working with him all those years ago. Has he tried to contact you in the past few months?”

“Oh yes,” Koga said, smiling slightly. “I’ve been working for him ever since you all thought he died.”

There was a bitter silence in the air, as Bruno felt his muscles tense.

“Sadly, I knew you were coming to ask me this.” Koga said. He clapped his hands once, and suddenly thirteen ninjas clad in full black dropped down from the ceiling. “You do realize Lance is working for Jimmy as well, right? He tapped the little conversation the three of you had after he left. It was quite interesting to listen to.”

Bruno stood with his arms clenched as he looked at the surrounding trainers and fighters.

“You’re a powerful trainer Bruno,” Koga said. “But even you and your Pokémon cannot stand up to me and thirteen experienced, seasoned ninjas. Come now, surrender, save yourself some time. We aren’t going to kill you…Jimmy has a plan for you. So, just give up Bruno. You can’t kill us all.

“But I can kill most of you,” Bruno snapped.

“Fine then,” Koga said, shrugging. “If that’s what you want.”

There were five flashes of bright light, and suddenly Bruno’s entire team was out on the battlefield, surrounding their trainer. Two Onixes, a Hitmonchan, a Hitmonlee, and a Machamp.

“My ninjas,” Koga said, dramatically sweeping his arms through the air. “Attack.”

----------------------------------------

William and Jade were sitting down next to each other in the bottom floor of the Pokémon Tower. Across from them, in a chair, was Agatha. Her face was stone cold, and her eyes were distant. Yet she was determined.

“We need to talk,” Agatha said. “William, Janine, tell me everything you know, please.”

“Are you sure this is the best time…?” Jade asked, her eyes kind.

“There is no time to wait, so yes it is,” Agatha said, her eyes determined and focused now. “Please, tell me everything that has happened.”

So, Jade spoke first. She told Agatha of how she had lived in Pallet Town for the past sixteen years, hiding from Jimmy Oak, who Professor Oak had told her was still alive. She told Agatha of how she had lived in secrecy, of how she changed her name. She told Agatha of how Professor Oak, and only Professor Oak had known of her disguise. She told Agatha of how she had not told any of the other neighbors in Pallet Town, and had felt isolated for years. She told Agatha of how she had lied to William all his life. She told Agatha of how she had traveled to Lavender Town to help William.

“And then, I told him everything,” Jade said. “He then went inside the Pokémon Tower to receive the prophecy…and here we are.”

Agatha nodded once, and then she tilted her head towards William.

And so, William told his story.

He talked about how he had defeated Brock. He told of how Team Rocket had tried to steal a fossil from him in Mt. Moon. He told of how he had gone to Bill’s House, and what he had learned there. He told of how he had defeated Misty. He told of how he had defeated Surge, only to learn Jimmy had wanted him dead. He told of how he had come to Lavender Town, only to lose his Pikachu on the outskirts. He told of how he had defeated Team Rocket in Celadon City. He told of how he had help Surge fend off a group of Ninjas just early that morning.

And then William told of the events that happened in the Pokémon Tower. He told what Percy had told him – that Richard and Charlie Oak were still alive. He told them the words of the prophecy.

It was a long time before William finished speaking. When he was at last silent, neither Jade nor Agatha said a word for a long time.

Finally-

“Richard…Richard is still alive?” Jade asked, closing her eyes and moving her hand over her heart. “After all these years? Are you sure?”

“Yes,” William said. “At least, that’s what Percy said.”

Agatha shook her head slowly.

“Percy would not lie…spirits don’t take the effort to return to speak with the living in order to lie.” Agatha sighed and she looked up to the ceiling. “That would mean that all three of my children are still living.”

“But…where have they been?” Jade asked. Her eyes were wide, and she seemed to be panicking. “Why aren’t they helping us?”

“I don’t know…who knows what all this could mean,” Agatha looked weak, tired, and defeated. “We can only continue to fight, whatever stands in our way.”

Jade nodded in agreement, and she carefully seemed to consider something.

“Mom,” William said, watching her. “You should go home. You declared yourself in the battle – Jimmy’s bound to hear of your return eventually. Go back to Pallet Town and hide again.”

Jade’s eyes widened, and she shook her head furiously.

“No! I used to be the Champion William, I can help you!”

“It might actually be advisable to return to Pallet Town Janine,” Agatha said. “We need someone to keep an eye of Oak. Besides, the prophecy said it would be up to William.”

“Are you going to sit on the sidelines Agatha?” Jade asked, getting angry.

“No, I am not.” Agatha said, her eyes kind. “But I have a team of Pokémon at my disposal. You don’t Janine. You’re probably the wisest, strongest trainer in Kanto. But you only have one Pokémon. By the time you’ve caught and trained a complete team to use, this will be over. Events are beginning to move rapidly. In the mean time, you’ll be a liability to William. If you’re with him, then Jimmy could use you against him.”

“But-but…” Jade stammered, taken back. She did not want to leave her son.

“Mom,” William said, taking her hand gently. “Go to Pallet Town – its safer there.”

Jade looked at her son with wide eyes. Finally, she nodded a single time, and embraced William.

“I’m so proud of you,” she whispered softly. “You remind me of-”

“My father?” William finished for her.

“Yes…” she said softly. “You remind me of him…”

They broke away from the embrace. Jade was crying. With shaking hands, she took out a Pokeball from her pocket and gave it to William.

“Here…this is my Eevee William, Eros. Take him, let him help you on your journey.”

“Mom,” William said, pushing the ball back to her. “I’m not about to take you’re only Pokémon – you need something to protect you in Pallet Town-”

“You will take Eros William – that is not up to discussion!” Jade snapped. She was on the verge of sobbing, but she held herself together. “If I can’t go with you, then I will help you in everyway possible.”

William looked at the red and white Pokeball, before slowly taking it. He could feel the thunderstone Percy had given him weighing in his pocket. He needed another electric Pokémon.

“Okay Mom,” William said, hesitantly. “I’ll take him.”

The Pokeball containing Eros was dropped into William’s hand. But, suddenly and unexpectedly, the ball snapped open.

Eros, the Eevee jumped out and landed on Jade’s lap. Eros looked up at his trainer with large shinning eyes. Then, standing on his hind legs, he reached up and licked Jade on the cheeks.

“Oh Eros…I’m going to miss you too,” Jade said, tears now falling freely from her face. Agatha, smiling sadly, got up and rubbed Jade’s back.

“Come dear…you should be going now.”

Jade nodded, and then picked up Eros in her hands. She held Eros up and looked at him steadily in his eyes.

“Eros…I need you to do me a favor…I need you to watch out for my son. Can you do that for me?”

The Eevee was crying too, but he nodded his head sharply. Gently, Jade handed Eros to William, and then she stood up.

“I can take you home on my Fearow,” Agatha said, smiling gently.

“O-okay…”

William and Jade embraced one more time, and they whispered to each other that they loved the other. Then, guided by Agatha, Jade left the Pokémon Tower.

William was biting down on his lip. Everything was going to be okay – he kept telling himself that. His mom would make it out of this mess. He would stop Jimmy Oak. He would save the world.

William felt like he was a little boy again, and the voice inside his head encouraging him forward was that of an adult. But he had to be strong.

He knelt to the ground, Eros still in his hands, and he set the Eevee down in front of him.

“Hey buddy, I’m William,” William said, slowly and carefully. “I want to thank you for joining me, but I really want to thank you for protecting my mom. She’s really important to me, I don’t know what I would do without her.”

Eros nodded his head, and he stared up at William with wide, unblinking eyes.

William’s hand shook as he removed the Thunderstone from his pocket. He set it down on the ground in front of Eros.

“I had a Pikachu on my team once. He was a really cool guy, you would have liked him.”

Eros’s eyes glanced down to the thunderstone, but then back up to William.

“He was my very first Pokémon you know. I loved him very much, just as much as I love all my Pokémon.”

Eros’s head turned on his side.

“But he was killed. A Kadabra killed him.”

The words hurt to say, yet at the same time, it felt good to say them. It felt good to confide in someone else.

“I haven’t replaced him with someone else on my team since,” William said, swallowing past a lump. “I really could use another electric Pokémon, what do you say?”

Eros looked down to the thunderstone again, his eyes clear. Then, slowly, he took a step forward and set his nose down on the ground.

The thunderstone glowed in unison with Eevee. The Pokemon’s brown fur flashed to the color yellow, and he started to grow taller and bigger. His fur turned to spikes, and his ears grew longer.

Just as quickly as it had started, the evolution was over. Eros was now a Jolteon. William smiled, and he rubbed the Jolteon on the head.

“Welcome to the team, buddy.”
[+] A Few Thoughts
And then there were a few plot twists.
For some reason, writing any part with Mr. Silph involved is always really easy. I feel like those parts flow very nicely. Not sure why.

Anyways, the usual, predict, comment, guess, yeah. let me know what y'all think and stuffs :)
[+] PS
I might start getting out the prelude (not the sequel) to this whole story this week. Not sure yet. The sequel obviously won't get started until after this is finished. But the prelude is a fairly different story, just bits and pieces are related. So keep your eyes out for that!

The Frog
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

April 3rd, 2011, 1:32 am #289

[+] Thoughts
Aaaaand Daisy is also evil now!

I have a feeling that all three of her projects will end up with Giovanni/Jimmy. And he will definately use them.

The first one will crack open Bills computer, the second one will... I can't think of anything (yet!), and if the last one is related to the teleport messup in the game, then I think it has something to do with my prophecy interpretation....

Also, I think Giovanni might be lying about Silph's children running away. Just a small thing, and knowing this story, I'm probably wrong.

Current Run:
Yellow
(Chapter Thirteen, put up Mar 17 2011)(Yes, it hasn't been updated in over a year. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.)
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:
Blind White: The Abridged Series (Reached Episode 8)

NathanS

April 3rd, 2011, 2:38 am #290

[+] Spoiler
I think the bit with Daisy would have had a bit more impact if you hadn't came out and side she was nasty and possibly insane and instead let her actions speak for themselves. Other then that some interesting developments, things definitely seem to be winding up for the big blow.
The World of The War

Up to Chapter Three, Part Five
Fight at The Gym

TrainerBOB

April 3rd, 2011, 4:53 pm #291

[+] Replies
The Frog wrote:
[+] Thoughts
Aaaaand Daisy is also evil now!

I have a feeling that all three of her projects will end up with Giovanni/Jimmy. And he will definately use them.

The first one will crack open Bills computer, the second one will... I can't think of anything (yet!), and if the last one is related to the teleport messup in the game, then I think it has something to do with my prophecy interpretation....

Also, I think Giovanni might be lying about Silph's children running away. Just a small thing, and knowing this story, I'm probably wrong.
For some reason, I never liked Daisy. Not even in the game - I don't know why, lol. She just gave me a bad vibe. So, I made her evil. :xd:
As far as your speculations go, we'll see! :wink:
NathanS wrote:
[+] Spoiler
I think the bit with Daisy would have had a bit more impact if you hadn't came out and side she was nasty and possibly insane and instead let her actions speak for themselves. Other then that some interesting developments, things definitely seem to be winding up for the big blow.
Thanks NathanS. I'll keep that in mind in the future, and I'll try to make sure the actions do the story telling. :smile:
The Silph Co is going to be a big blow, and I am soooo looking forward to writing it. :biggrin:
Update later today :roll:

Epsi

April 3rd, 2011, 6:09 pm #292

[+] Spoiler
Giojimmy's last little 'offer' seemed a little out of character for him. I wonder if he's getting desperate or just really ticked off.
Hello. Let's play some music.

Destroyanator

April 3rd, 2011, 9:06 pm #293

[+] Spoiler
@The Frog: Well, if Jimmy uses the third invention to become Mewtwo, he could use the second to make sure no one can betray him. EVER.

TrainerBOB

April 4th, 2011, 11:03 am #294

[+] Replies
Epsilon wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Giojimmy's last little 'offer' seemed a little out of character for him. I wonder if he's getting desperate or just really ticked off.
To answer your question (sorta):
[+] Spoiler
The man on the phone is getting very desperate. He needs/wants that fossil very badly, but he has no idea where it is. If Mr. Silph suddenly died, it would probably stay in that safe hidden in his office for a very long time, if not forever. So, the man on the phone is starting to get very very desperate. Mew fossils are extraordinary rare.
Destroyanator wrote:
[+] Spoiler
@The Frog: Well, if Jimmy uses the third invention to become Mewtwo, he could use the second to make sure no one can betray him. EVER.
For now - no comment :wink:
Sorry there wasn't an update yesterday - I was busy doing what is now at the bottom of my signature. I should be able to manage doing both runs without a problem. Updates will still come hopefully 3 or 4 times a week in this run, and I'm thinking of trying to update that run once every week/two weeks.

As always, thanks for following and commenting :smile:

Hawkfire
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym
Conqueror of the Rustboro Gym

April 4th, 2011, 11:53 am #295

Wow, I've just read all of this in one night, it's brilliant!
Definately the best written run I've read ^^
I would try guessing what the prophecies about, but I'm horrible at things like that so... :sweatdrop:
[+] Spoiler
I'm suprised Daisy's evil, and like The Frog said, I have a feeling that her inventions are going to used by team rocket, how, I have no idea

Wander

April 6th, 2011, 2:45 am #296

[+] Spoiler
WHY MUST EVERYBODY BE EVIL?! Agh, never saw that one coming given her implied nature at the beginning. Almost feels like a cheap blow :laughing:

Hm. I know Bruno has to make it out okay, just wondering how. Worrisome. Ah well, not much speculation from me right now. Can't think up much.

Retskcaj

April 8th, 2011, 1:35 am #297

*Taps Microphone* Er hi. New guy to the forum. Long time reader, first time commenter. Gotta say, I was worried when I first checked out the place that there wouldn't be any story runs, and if there were they'd be really simple and jokey without any real attempts to tell a story (that's what I get when I'm introduced to Nuzlocke through gamefaqs I guess).

Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I found your run. I'm working on a more serious run right now of Pearl (although not quite as dark as this run. :v: )

Seriously though, I love the story, I admire the bravery it takes to write up a totally original plot like this for a story, and I really admire the creativity shown in this run too.
[+] Spoiler
Also, BAWWWW PERCY! :>_<:
No theories or anything like that from me at the moment, just finished reading up to here and wanted to give props where props are due. :biggrin:

Kyatenaru
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym

April 8th, 2011, 3:54 am #298

Allllll righty, first things first, get this out of the way, THIS IS SO INTENSE. Hoolyyy moley. I haven't had a long stretch of time to sit down and read (between LOSING MY EFFING PHONE and babysitting and dog walking and everything, it's taken me three days to read, even though I calculated that, if all your parts were 4000 words long, it would only take me 4.5 hours to read all of it, and since most of 'em aren't that long...

Anyways, before I get into spoilery specifics, I'd like to offer my proofreading services for the whole thing...I could start at the beginning and fix all the things I find (because I keep finding things) and either send them to you or do a Googledocs thing or whatever...if you're interested, go ahead and PM me? I could probably get it all done Saturday, tbh.

Some things I noticed in the recent parts:

"His son had cut open his chest in his dreams and then had eaten his hearts." Prof Oak's a Time Lord? This changes everything! ;) Part 52.

"The cat-like Pokémon shirked as the sedentary got into his eyes." ought to be "The cat-like pokemon *shrieked* as the *sediment* got into his eyes." in part...shoot, lost count. It's the Lavender Town plotty chapter. I'm sure you know which.

Twice you've used "eloped" instead of "enveloped..." I could catch them if I read the thing again, but yeah. x3 Just something to watch out for; you seem to make more typos than mistakes.

Now, spoiler tagged because yeah.
[+] Spoiler
First, obligatory sob for Percy. ;-; James, you little bastard, you got what was coming to ya.

Umm...I'm hoping Jessie has a heel-face turn, because I like her for some reason. :3

Fleance is probably my favorite...him, and Des, and because FIRE TYPES FOREVERRR, Tybalt. I love the Shakespearean naming theme.
The heel-face turn from Chris was pretty awesome. It made sense to me, and it's nice to have a sympathetic rival, especially with the shitstorm that is Johto right now. I mean, sheesh, it's crazy.

This is going way back, but the Nugget Bridge Challenge was a very emotional chapter. What with Juliet dying, and then the killing...it made me wonder what type of person William really was. This kind of tension makes it all very interesting, though now it's pretty much certain that he's a good kid. xD I was waiting for a deciding moment of good versus evil, but the way it played out, it was all cool.

I know I'm all out of order, but I really must get to bed, and I want to comment on EVERYTHINNNGNGGGGG, but it'll have to wait, hahaha...
I LOVE this run and am following like a thing that follows a lot. Dem plot twists! Fwwwwoooo-ey.

TrainerBOB

April 8th, 2011, 9:19 pm #299

[+] Replies
Hawkfire wrote:Wow, I've just read all of this in one night, it's brilliant!
Definately the best written run I've read ^^
I would try guessing what the prophecies about, but I'm horrible at things like that so... :sweatdrop:
[+] Spoiler
I'm suprised Daisy's evil, and like The Frog said, I have a feeling that her inventions are going to used by team rocket, how, I have no idea
Yay! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it Hawkfire!
And Daisy's unexpected development was probably a bit too sudden, lol.
Wander wrote:
[+] Spoiler
WHY MUST EVERYBODY BE EVIL?! Agh, never saw that one coming given her implied nature at the beginning. Almost feels like a cheap blow :laughing:

Hm. I know Bruno has to make it out okay, just wondering how. Worrisome. Ah well, not much speculation from me right now. Can't think up much.
Not everyooooone is evil, lol. :laughing: Just, you know, MOSTLY everyone.
Bruno's fate won't be revealed in exact detail for awhile...but it will be known - eventually.
Retskcaj wrote: *Taps Microphone* Er hi. New guy to the forum. Long time reader, first time commenter. Gotta say, I was worried when I first checked out the place that there wouldn't be any story runs, and if there were they'd be really simple and jokey without any real attempts to tell a story (that's what I get when I'm introduced to Nuzlocke through gamefaqs I guess).

Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I found your run. I'm working on a more serious run right now of Pearl (although not quite as dark as this run. :v: )

Seriously though, I love the story, I admire the bravery it takes to write up a totally original plot like this for a story, and I really admire the creativity shown in this run too.
[+] Spoiler
Also, BAWWWW PERCY! :>_<:
No theories or anything like that from me at the moment, just finished reading up to here and wanted to give props where props are due. :biggrin:
Welcome Retskcaj! I'm glad you've been reading, and I'm really happy you decided to comment. I do love reading comments. :roll:
Thank you so much for the compliments! I'm looking forward to seeing your Pearl run!!
Kyatenaru wrote:Allllll righty, first things first, get this out of the way, THIS IS SO INTENSE. Hoolyyy moley. I haven't had a long stretch of time to sit down and read (between LOSING MY EFFING PHONE and babysitting and dog walking and everything, it's taken me three days to read, even though I calculated that, if all your parts were 4000 words long, it would only take me 4.5 hours to read all of it, and since most of 'em aren't that long...

Anyways, before I get into spoilery specifics, I'd like to offer my proofreading services for the whole thing...I could start at the beginning and fix all the things I find (because I keep finding things) and either send them to you or do a Googledocs thing or whatever...if you're interested, go ahead and PM me? I could probably get it all done Saturday, tbh.

Some things I noticed in the recent parts:

"His son had cut open his chest in his dreams and then had eaten his hearts." Prof Oak's a Time Lord? This changes everything! ;) Part 52.

"The cat-like Pokémon shirked as the sedentary got into his eyes." ought to be "The cat-like pokemon *shrieked* as the *sediment* got into his eyes." in part...shoot, lost count. It's the Lavender Town plotty chapter. I'm sure you know which.

Twice you've used "eloped" instead of "enveloped..." I could catch them if I read the thing again, but yeah. x3 Just something to watch out for; you seem to make more typos than mistakes.

Now, spoiler tagged because yeah.
[+] Spoiler
rst, obligatory sob for Percy. ;-; James, you little bastard, you got what was coming to ya.

Umm...I'm hoping Jessie has a heel-face turn, because I like her for some reason. :3

Fleance is probably my favorite...him, and Des, and because FIRE TYPES FOREVERRR, Tybalt. I love the Shakespearean naming theme.
The heel-face turn from Chris was pretty awesome. It made sense to me, and it's nice to have a sympathetic rival, especially with the shitstorm that is Johto right now. I mean, sheesh, it's crazy.

This is going way back, but the Nugget Bridge Challenge was a very emotional chapter. What with Juliet dying, and then the killing...it made me wonder what type of person William really was. This kind of tension makes it all very interesting, though now it's pretty much certain that he's a good kid. xD I was waiting for a deciding moment of good versus evil, but the way it played out, it was all cool.

I know I'm all out of order, but I really must get to bed, and I want to comment on EVERYTHINNNGNGGGGG, but it'll have to wait, hahaha...
I LOVE this run and am following like a thing that follows a lot. Dem plot twists! Fwwwwoooo-ey.
Thank you so much Kyatenaru! I am so glad you took the time to read it and you enjoyed it. I hope you continue to enjoy it - I think the best is still to come (hopefully).

If you would like to proof-read what I've done so far, feel free to! :) I would like to hope in the future when this run is over, people would still read it. If there were less mistakes/typos, it would be better.

Firestar edits my current updates and stuff, but I didn't have someone to do that when I first started, lol. Plus, due to time constraints, I don't spend a lot of time editing chapters before I post them. I write them, I look over them once to make sure the plot fits, I look over them again for edits, and then I published. When I first started, a lot got by. Now, Firestar catches mostly everything - or at least more than I catch lol.

So, don't feel obligated, but if you want to edit that would be great and I would feel so appreciative of it! :smile:
Thank you to everyone who commented, and to everyone who reads and follows this run! Y'all are the best! Every time I log on and see this run has been commented on, my heart has a little leap of joy.

Now, for my lame-excuses for why I have not updated this week, and for why I will probably not update this weekend.
[+] Real Life stuff (slightly off-topic, but its sorta relevant so whatever)
This week was a busy week in school, and I had my last tennis tournament of my high school career (gasp - its finally been revealed that I'm a senior in high school :v: ), so I was really focused on that and played a bunch.

This weekend, I'll be going to a journalism conference in Austin, so I'll be gone for that. I won't have much time to actually write - I'm not even brining my Macbook with me. I am bringing my iPad with a wireless keyboard, so I could write...but there isn't really spell check, so I shudder to think what the update would be like. :nervous:
To sum up, I probably won't be able to update until Monday/Tuesday. I'm really sorry y'all, I wished I could update sooner, but I can't. This also means I won't be updating my comic run until next weekend probably. :x_x:

Sorry again - please bear with me. School is rapidly slowing down, so I might be back on a daily update schedule when AP Tests are over and done with.
As always, thanks for y'alls patience! I'll have the next update out as soon as humanly possible!!!!

Retskcaj

April 9th, 2011, 4:01 am #300

TrainerBOB wrote:To sum up, I probably won't be able to update until Monday/Tuesday. I'm really sorry y'all, I wished I could update sooner, but I can't. This also means I won't be updating my comic run until next weekend probably. :x_x:
[+] Spoiler
Seriously though, have fun and take your time. :wooper: