Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
Firestar
Indigo League Champion
Indigo League Champion

March 25th, 2011, 11:36 pm #261

So sorry for my lack of editing for the last week and a half! In fact, I have hardly been on the forums due to real life; this will continue into next week Friday, so feel free to post updates with out my edit until then.

Anyways, BAW PERCY

And I really love Agatha's character, and I can see you're going for something big with the whole E4 dynamic.

Wish I could write more, but I've got loads more runs and threads to check up on! Cheers!

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

March 26th, 2011, 4:08 am #262

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE REPLIES!

I will reply to them tomorrow, right now I'm about to crash. Right now, I just wanted to say...

NUMBER THREE:
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum ... &t=8395901

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE THAT VOTED FOR ME!!!!

As a thank you, I have revealed the title of my next story run in the interview. Go there and click it to find out ;)

UnderNineThousand
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

March 26th, 2011, 10:49 pm #263

I just spent five hours reading this freom end to end, and my head is spinning from multiple encouters with plot bombs.
I love this run and I intend to follow it.
Also, congratulations on 3rd best story! :keke:

[+] Now, an outlandish guess...
I agree with The frog's assessment of the prophecy, except for this bit.
wrote:Otherwise, the first shall rule
As the second, controlling the three
Until the end of time.
I think that (note that I have nothing to base this on) Jimmy's DNA will be used in addition to Mew to create Mewtwo, or alternatively Jimmy (the first) will somehow transfer his conciousness into Mewtwo (the second). Mewjimmy will then act as the Champion/Psychic God, ruling Kanto, backed up by the legendary birds (the three).

TrainerBOB

March 27th, 2011, 12:06 am #264

Thanks everyone for the comments again! I'll get to replies in one second, but first I want to say something very important about the prophecy:
There was a small typo in it that is implying the wrong thing. It's very small, but it changes the meaning a little bit. I'll reprint the prophecy here with the fixed word bolded:

The first shall become the second.
And he shall reunite the three again
It shall be up to you, William Oak
To stop him in the fourth battle
After defeating the five
Otherwise, the first shall rule
Until the end of time.

The was originally their. Here's the reason why. The line above it was "It shall be up to William Oak", instead of "It shall be up to you, William Oak". I added in the you and then didn't read the next line to make sure it still made sense. This may give something small away, but I suffer the consequences for making such a silly typo.

I'm really sorry about the mistake. After reading over the comments, I can tell the typo led everyone in the wrong direction. Hopefully everyone sees this post!

And now for replies! :keke:
[+] Replies
Inflamore wrote:Loved it. Very touching.
[+] Spoiler
William seeing Percy really pulled at my heart. It's obvious he's not going to ever recover fully from the Pikachu's death. But I mean, who expects him to? I have a feeling the Battle of Three is going to repeat itself!
Great update! Can't wait for more! :)
Thank you! I'm glad it was touching, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. New update coming soon!
QKNC wrote:Hmmm... I will take a stab at deciphering the prophecy!
"The first shall become the second
And he shall reunite the three again"
Let's see... the first here could refer to the firstborn of Oak's sons (I forgot who that was... Jimmy?) and he becomes second because... uh, I'm not sure, actually. Guessing by Percy's little heavenbound investigation, the three Oak dudes will meet up again.

"It shall be up to you, William Oak
To stop him in their fourth battle"
I have to admit, I have lost track of certain details of the story, including the number of battles between the sons :I

"After defeating the five"
The Elite Four + Chris the champ, I'm guessing. Not entirely sure why William would have a reason to fight them, but maybe that will come up later.
Either that or it could be Giovanni, Koga, Jimmy, and two others.

"Otherwise, the first shall rule
As the second, controlling the three"
So... Jimmy is the first... I guess? Unless there is a twist somewhere and someone else takes control of "the three" :O (aka legendary birds?)

"Until the end of time."
No pressure, William, just the fate of the world as you know it in the balance NO BIGGIE.
Some of your guesses are either very close, spot on, or a little ways off. Can't say which is which though! :wink:
The Frog wrote:
[+] First Thoughts
Warm And Fuzzy Feelings. Awwwwww.

So, Val's alive (predictable), and the other two brothers are also alive (also predictable).

Thunderstone... Do I predict a Jolteon?
[+] Picking at the Prophecy
wrote:
The first shall become the second
Well, that seems to refer to the sons of Oak. Maybe Jimmy somehow shifts his conciousness into one of the others bodies?
wrote:
And he shall reunite the three again
Legendary Birds.
wrote:
It shall be up to you, William Oak
To stop him in their fourth battle

Fourth? I thought they had only fought once before...
wrote:After defeating the five
E4 & Champ? Or possibly 3 birds & Mewtwo & Mew...
Until the end of time.
Extending the Jimmy Possesion idea, he will effectively rule through another using the Birds. So then what happened to Mewtwo here? Did it just run away?
Yes, you do predict a Jolteon! <- Not a spoiler, I revealed to everyone after Percy's passing Jolteon would be the replacement. :smile:
And as far as your guesses go...no comment for now except some are hot while others are cold! And Mewtwo won't be left out of this - of that I can assure you...
Epsilon wrote:
[+] Spoiler
I'll go with Frog's idea, save take out the body possession and insert Chris. That's what I think, anyway.
Chris will be important before its all said and done as well, but no comment on his relation to the prophecy! :wink:
Firestar wrote:So sorry for my lack of editing for the last week and a half! In fact, I have hardly been on the forums due to real life; this will continue into next week Friday, so feel free to post updates with out my edit until then.

Anyways, BAW PERCY

And I really love Agatha's character, and I can see you're going for something big with the whole E4 dynamic.

Wish I could write more, but I've got loads more runs and threads to check up on! Cheers!
Thanks Firestar, and don't worry about it! Your editings are an added bonus, not an expectation. I have weeks like that a lot too :)

Agatha has become a personal favorite as mine as well, and I give her more of the spotlight soon. :keke:
UnderNineThousand wrote:I just spent five hours reading this freom end to end, and my head is spinning from multiple encouters with plot bombs.
I love this run and I intend to follow it.
Also, congratulations on 3rd best story! :keke:
[+] Now, an outlandish guess...
I agree with The frog's assessment of the prophecy, except for this bit.
Until the end of time.
I think that (note that I have nothing to base this on) Jimmy's DNA will be used in addition to Mew to create Mewtwo, or alternatively Jimmy (the first) will somehow transfer his conciousness into Mewtwo (the second). Mewjimmy will then act as the Champion/Psychic God, ruling Kanto, backed up by the legendary birds (the three).
Thank you UnderNineThousand!!! Every time I get a new follower I'm so happy, my day is instantly made perfect. I'm so glad you're enjoying it!
As far as your guess goes...
Gah, I can't comment lest I say the wrong thing and ruin the ending! Just know that...gah no, can't risk it! Thanks for speculating and guessing though, it helps my writing when I know what you're thinking :smile:

As far as making outlandish guesses go, make them! Quite a few outlandish plot twists are going to happen...
[+] Spoiler
Especially when it comes to Val.
Thank you again for everyone who is commenting and following! Comments always make my heart skip a beat with joy :)
As I've said before, I really enjoy reading everyone's speculations, as it helps my writing a lot. When I'm laying up the clues for a plot twist, its nice to know what's everyone is thinking. If someone gets something completely right, then I'm being too obvious. If something is sliding by everyone, then I'm being too careful. And if people are catching the hints and clues but following them in the wrong direction, then, IMO, I'm doing it juuuuust right :wink: The prophecy was a mix of me being too obvious, too careful, and doing a few things right in the middle, so I'm mostly happy with it.

Anyways, working on new chapter, it'll be posted tonight...
Someone to die soon...

drakhun
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym

March 27th, 2011, 1:40 am #265

[+] comments
Got a fiver on it being Silph, secondary bet is either bruno or koga. The prophecy is neat, but I'm bad at such things, so I won't spend forever racking my brain on it.
Drakhun's Leaf Green Story - Two professional gamblers are setting out to once again conquer Kanto, and one has taken an extra bet, to conquer the League while doing the Nuzlocke Challenge

Badges 3
Deaths 1

TrainerBOB

March 27th, 2011, 3:32 am #266

drakhun wrote:Got a fiver on it being Silph, secondary bet is either bruno or koga. The prophecy is neat, but I'm bad at such things, so I won't spend forever racking my brain on it.
We'll see...

And now update time! 52 is here...
P.S. I need to update the table of contents. *sigh*.

Chapter Fifty-Two
[+] Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Two: Attack on Lavender Town, Part 1

Jade Oak was sitting very still in a seat on the first floor of the Pokémon Tower. Her eyes were closed and her head was leaned back. She was trying to imagine herself in a place that wasn’t like this. She tried to imagine herself in a happy place, filled with sunshine and joy.

But Jade couldn’t get her mind off her son. He was in danger – hell, the whole world was in danger. But it was William that mattered more to Jade then the rest of the world. And right now, he was somewhere high up those stairs, to receive a prophecy…

And that could only mean one thing. It would have to mean it would be up to William to save the world.

So, Jade was having a hard time imagining herself in a different place.

“There is no use worrying ma’am,” the Chancellor who still stood by the stairs said. She was wearing a wicked grin on her face. “What is to happen, is to happen.”

“Are you getting some sort of sick pleasure out of my pain and worry?” Jade snapped angrily.

“Am I being too obvious?”

Jade turned her head away and her mouth formed into a fine line. The doors to the Pokémon Tower opened, and an old man wearing a large overcoat and a brown hat entered the room. Jade merely saw him out of the corner of her eyes, but she did not take the time to really look at him. Had she done so, she might have recognized him.

The Chancellor was the same, her eyes and energy were focused on Jade. She barely registered the fact that someone else had entered the room.

“You must think yourself awfully important,” the Chancellor said. “Your attitude reeks of perniciousness. And now, in your head, you are on the ground, praying for your son to live. It’s always enjoyable when death knocks someone off their pedestal-”

“Chancellor!” The old man who had entered the Pokémon Tower suddenly snapped. “Watch your words!”

The old Chancellor blushed a deep color red, and said in a shaking voice.

“Mr. Fuji! I was not aware you had entered the Tower…”

“Are you aware of it now?” The old man asked her. Jade’s head had snapped to the old man, and her eyes were wide in surprise. Mr. Fuji had not changed much since she had last seen him. He was a bulky old man, with a bald head and a great white beard. His eyes were green and sparkled with life, while wrinkles and brown spots covered every inch of his skin.

“Y-yes Mr. Fuji…”

“What would Agatha say if she saw you treating a guest like this?”

“I…I don’t know Mr. Fuji…”

Mr. Fuji uttered a loud humph and sat down next to Jade.

“All you Chancellors have become too cruel.” The Chancellor bowed her head in shame, and Mr. Fuji ordered her – “Go outside and leave me with this guest. You could use the sun anyway, it looks as if it’s been a decade since you let real light touch your body.”

The Chancellor, who was still extremely embarrassed, bowed her head once and left for outside. The instant she closed the door behind her, Mr. Fuji and Jade embraced.

“Janine…it’s been a long time.”

“It has Mr. Fuji…” Jade said as she broke away from the embrace. “I didn’t know you were in Lavender Town?”

“Why of course,” Mr. Fuji said. “Someone has to watch over the tower when my sister is dealing with League business. But, isn’t it I who should be asking you what you are doing here? I thought you were in Hoenn?”

“No, of course not,” Jade said, surprised. “That was just a false trail. I went there, and immediately returned.”

“A false trail?” Mr. Fuji asked, furrowing his bushy eyebrows together. “Why were you leaving a false trail, my dear?”

“To escape from Jimmy Oak, of course,” Jade stuttered, not understanding how Mr. Fuji could not understand her.

Mr. Fuji’s eyes became wide, and he looked at Jade shocked.

“…You knew Jimmy Oak was alive all this time…and you didn’t warn us?”

“What?” Jade exclaimed. “You…you didn’t know? Professor Oak told me…he even told me he had passed the word to others…and he said he let you know I was hiding in Pallet Town and should not be reached or talked to…so I could stay hidden from the world…”

“Samuel Oak never told Agatha or I those things.” Mr. Fuji said, his eyes very serious.

Jade looked to the ground in horror.

“All this time…all this time he’s been keeping me cooped up in Pallet Town just so no one else could find out about the fact that his sick son was still alive!” Her voice raised in anger and volume as she talked, and she screamed the last word. “That…that…that bastard!”

Jade eyes were wide and her hands were in fists.

“Professor Oak has some questions to answer,” Mr. Fuji said, his eyes dangerous.

“Yes, he does,” Jade said. “But, how did you find out Jimmy was still alive, if not from me or Oak?”

“Agatha had a dream,” Mr. Fuji said. “People were lining up in Saffron City to worship Jimmy Oak…their leader until the ‘end of time’.”

“That can’t be good,” Jade muttered darkly.

“No,” Mr. Fuji said. “It can’t. But you never answered my question – why are you here?”

“I cam to help my son,” Jade said. “Only to be denied it. He’s upstairs right now, receiving a prophecy.”

“William? William Oak is your son?” Mr. Fuji asked, surprised. “I guess its only fitting Richard’s son would be the one to save all of our lives.”

“Yes,” Jade said, emotionless. “I guess so.”

Their conversation was, however, suddenly cut short.

The Chancellor came bursting into the Pokémon Tower, out of breath. Her eyes were wide and her body was trembling. She spoke in a rapid, quick voice.

“Its Team Rocket! They’re attacking the town!” Neither Mr. Fuji nor Jade hesitated. They both jumped to their feet and pulled a Pokeball out of a pocket.

“Go upstairs and get William,” Mr. Fuji ordered. “Hopefully he’s received his prophecy by now. And come with me Janine, we’ll hold them off!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had already been a bad day for Professor Samuel Oak. He was sitting behind his desk, sweating nervously.

Why was she here though?

That morning he had woke up from a nightmare, and he had failed to fall back to sleep. His son had cut open his chest in his dreams and then had eaten his hearts.

A nosy reporter had called that afternoon, asking all kinds of questions about Bill, Surge, and Erika.

And now his ex-wife was visiting him.

Agatha strode across the lab floor, her cane making a small ‘dink’ sound every time it hit the floor. Her face was determined, and her eyes were locked on Professor Oak. She looked like a fox about to strike. Before Jimmy attempted to rule the world, Professor Oak would have interrupted this look differently. He would have smiled mischievously and led her into the bedroom.

But this look was not sexual. It meant she was angry.

“Agatha!” Oak finally exclaimed when she reached his desk. “Y-you should have called!”

“So you could prepare to spin your lies Samuel?” She asked him, her voice sharp.

“N-no!” Oak exclaimed. He pulled nervously at his collar, and he cleared his throat. “I mean…what do you mean by that?”

“How long have you been keeping the secret that our son was still alive from me Samuel?”

“Jimmy’s been dead since the Battle of Threes Agatha!” Oak snapped angrily, his eyes wide.

“I never said I was talking about Jimmy, Samuel,” Agatha whispered, smiling coolly. “But thank you for verifying that you have been lying to me.”

Oak’s eyes widened and he leaned back in his chair, getting as far away from his ex-wife as possible.

“I…I inferred you were talking about Jimmy! Why else would you be angry?”

“Cut the bull shit Samuel,” Agatha snapped. “Tell me where Jimmy is.”

“If you mean his dead body, I have no idea!”

“What is he planning?” Agatha asked, keeping her voice cold.

“He’s dead, he can’t plan anything!”

“What does he want?”

“He’s dead, he probably wants to be alive again!”

“Arcus Damnit Samuel!” Agatha snapped. “You’re so caught up in your damned reputation you refuse to help lock up this man for good!”

“Let’s not lie to each other Agatha,” Oak snapped, suddenly getting angry himself. “In a hypothetical world, where Jimmy was still alive-” Agatha snorted. “-then he would not be locked up! He would be hanged. And whom do you think they would hang with him – in this hypothetical world –” Agatha snorted again. “They would hang me, the man that has kept his secret.”

Agatha dropped her cane and she put both hands on Oak’s desk.

“You’re a horrible man Samuel. But you can redeem yourself. Help me stop Jimmy Oak. Help your grandson, William, stop Jimmy Oak. Help save the world Samuel. Do something good.”

Oak meant Agatha’s gaze.

“I’m insulted at your implications!” He snapped. Agatha merely chuckled though and turned away.

“A good defense is a good offense, huh Samuel?” She asked. Professor Oak merely stood up, and pointed a finger towards the exit.

“I am ordering you to leave immediately!” He said, gaining confidence. “You rudely barged in here without any warning, and then make rude and horrible implications about me! Leave at once!”

Agatha turned back to Oak, her eyes serious again.

“Would you like to know why I divorced you Samuel?” She asked him, her voice steady and calm. “It wasn’t because I blamed you for what happened to Jimmy. It wasn’t because you played head games with our children. It was because my eyes opened up to who you were. You were a coward. And if you had been less cowardly, then perhaps our other two children would still be with us.”

“Why you little-”

But Oak stopped his insult cold when Agatha dropped to the ground, clutching her chest where her heart was.

“Agatha? Agatha, what’s wrong?” Oak asked, walking around the desk to help his ex-wife. But suddenly a Gengar released itself from a ball around Agatha’s waist. He glared at Professor Oak, and then turn to help his trainer try to stand up. Agatha stayed on the ground though.

“Something…something horrible is about to happen…someone’s death…someone is going to die. Their death…it will change destiny…”

----------------------------------------

“Quick attack!” Jade ordered, throwing her fist into the air.

Eros the Eevee launched itself forward and sent the Team Rocket’s Ratticate flying backwards. Another Ratticate jumped from the side, but the Eros dodged it by jumping out of the way.

Towns people ran past Jade into the Pokémon Tower, where they were all hiding. The few with Pokémon were out in the town battling, but most of them were losing. Mr. Fuji was several yards away, his lone Marowak holding off four different Pokémon.

In the sky helicopters flew, dropping more Pokémon out to fight and cause mayhem and wreck havoc.

Three Raticates circled Eros, who was trembling. The poor Eevee had been battling for several long minutes, and was already getting exhausted. All at once, the three Raticates jumped towards Eros, their fangs gleaming in the light, their eyes wide with excitement…

“EROS NO!” Jade yelled.

Two vines came out of nowhere from behind Jade. Each of them wrapped around one of the Raticates and chocked them to death. The third Ratticate was blasted backwards with a powerful Psybeam attack. Eros blinked, surprised. He was okay.

Jade spun around, shocked. William stood there, his entire five Pokémon team behind him. His eyes were red from crying, but his face was determined.

“I’ve got your back mom!” William said, running forward.

“William!” Jade exclaimed. “You made it! Now let’s drive out these pathetic excuses for trainers!”

“That won’t be so easy,” a male voice said. Jade spun around to the voice that had talked to her. William followed her gaze, and eyes widened in rage.

James and Jessie stood about ten yards away from William and Jade. James was smiling cockily; he had been the one who had spoken. His eyes were wide with insanity, and his mouth was twisted into a cruel grin. His blue hair was combed perfectly, and he still wore the white suit of a Team Rocket executive.

Jessie’s eyes were timid and her red lips were set in a red line. Her hair was dyed red and gelled back into a single spike. Her face was covered in make up, making her look several years older than she actually was. Her eye lashes had been doused in mascara. The black heels on her boots made her taller than she naturally was. And her white Team Rocket executive outfit clung tightly to her body.

“Hello William,” James said, smiling. “We meet again. Which member of your team shall I take today?”

“No one,” William said darkly. “Today I’m taking you down.”

“We’ll see about that.” James said. Jessie watched James nervously, clear concern in her eyes. Her eyes flickered over to William, but they returned to James so fast William wasn’t completely sure she had looked at him.

“Go – Wheezing!” James said, throwing the Pokeball in the air. A coughing Wheezing came out, huffing and puffing, ready for battle.

“Arbok, and Meowth, you two go to!” Jessie called. The snake-like Pokémon Arbok jumped out, fangs bared, and a Meowth with sharp claws that slashed through the air appeared on the ground.

“Fleance, Desdemona, help us out in this fight!” William ordered. “Everyone else, go help where needed!”

Tybalt, Virgilia, and Brabantio ran off to the sides attacking Pokémon and Rockets. But Desdemona fluttered forward and Fleance took several long strides towards the space between William and the two Rocket executives.

Eros joined the two, the hair along his body standing up as he readied for battle.

“Well, well,” James said, smiling menacingly. “This should be good.”
I'll start messaging these to you again on Friday, Firestar! In the meantime, I won't clutter your inbox :roll:

Death next chapter...I think. Depends when and how I cut it off.

Update tomorrow...possibly.

QKNC
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym

March 27th, 2011, 4:14 am #267

Thank you for putting old people sex between Oak and Agatha into my head. TRULY IT WAS WONDERFUL. I haven't got much to say, though I do think that Professor Oak isn't a total coward since he did try to help, in his way.

And quit teasing us with death ;;

The Frog
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

March 27th, 2011, 1:22 pm #268

[+] Revised Prophecy Theory
Okay, UnderNineThousand's theory made more sense than mine, so I'm changing my theory so that "the second" refers instead to Mewtwo. There's a good chance that Mewtwo is immortal, he WOULD be something to grovel at, plus you fight him after the E4/Champ. It makes a lot of sense.

Also, with the correction from THEIR fourth battle to THE fourth battle, that suggests that history is moving in cycles, and that this isn't the second time someone has done something stupid like this, but the fourth.

Screw that. It changed from "william must stop him in their fourth battle" to "william, you must stop him in the fourth battle". That means that William will fight someone four times. If Jimmy is in Mewtwo for the last time, then William will fight him three more times before that. And who do you fight three times in the game? Who is also a bad guy? GIOVANNI. It therefore follows that Giovanni = Jimmy.

Perhaps it's an early experiment into mind-transfer on Jimmys part, taking Giovanni's body? He would have had to do it AFTER he killed Bill, in that case, since both Oak and Jade recognized him at Pallet Town. Or maybe he's going for multiple bodies with distributed conciousness, ala Pain/Nagato from Naruto? That has heaps of advantages, and it is implied that Jimmy is a genius, which would certainly help keep track of them.
[+] This Chapter
I think Jade's gonna die. Her death would very much change destiny, plus it creates a good excuse for William to end up with Eros.

Current Run:
Yellow
(Chapter Thirteen, put up Mar 17 2011)(Yes, it hasn't been updated in over a year. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.)
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:
Blind White: The Abridged Series (Reached Episode 8)

UnderNineThousand

March 27th, 2011, 5:56 pm #269

I would post my own theory here, but I'm comletely in agreement with The Frog on this one. Jade is going to die. As far as the story goes it makes sense, and in game, you get a Jolteon (at last) so.... yeah.

Wander

March 27th, 2011, 6:29 pm #270

[+] Spoiler
OMG plot.

I don't think you'll lose a Pokemon at this point in the game, so I'm guessing Jade dies, cuz you like being a jerk to William. I guess Weezing + explosion could be very dangerous, especially if you got cocky in the Rocket battles up there, though.

Anyways, for a sec I thought you could be talking about Chris with the whole battles thing, but they've already battled four times, so scratch that, I suppose.

So....getting so caught up in plot I forgot you have to worry a bit about team building. Jolteon, eh? Good choice, seeing as Percy's gone :crying:

TrainerBOB

March 27th, 2011, 6:32 pm #271

Thanks for commenting everyone! I have another chapter, but first some replies...
[+] Replies
QKNC wrote:Thank you for putting old people sex between Oak and Agatha into my head. TRULY IT WAS WONDERFUL. I haven't got much to say, though I do think that Professor Oak isn't a total coward since he did try to help, in his way.

And quit teasing us with death ;;
You're welcome QKNC! If you want I can include a flashback later, just for you! :laughing:
Lolz, and sorry for all the teasing. I'm afraid I'm becoming a bit of a troll...
The Frog wrote:
[+] Revised Prophecy Theory
Okay, UnderNineThousand's theory made more sense than mine, so I'm changing my theory so that "the second" refers instead to Mewtwo. There's a good chance that Mewtwo is immortal, he WOULD be something to grovel at, plus you fight him after the E4/Champ. It makes a lot of sense.

Also, with the correction from THEIR fourth battle to THE fourth battle, that suggests that history is moving in cycles, and that this isn't the second time someone has done something stupid like this, but the fourth.

Screw that. It changed from "william must stop him in their fourth battle" to "william, you must stop him in the fourth battle". That means that William will fight someone four times. If Jimmy is in Mewtwo for the last time, then William will fight him three more times before that. And who do you fight three times in the game? Who is also a bad guy? GIOVANNI. It therefore follows that Giovanni = Jimmy.

Perhaps it's an early experiment into mind-transfer on Jimmys part, taking Giovanni's body? He would have had to do it AFTER he killed Bill, in that case, since both Oak and Jade recognized him at Pallet Town. Or maybe he's going for multiple bodies with distributed conciousness, ala Pain/Nagato from Naruto? That has heaps of advantages, and it is implied that Jimmy is a genius, which would certainly help keep track of them.
[+] This Chapter
I think Jade's gonna die. Her death would very much change destiny, plus it creates a good excuse for William to end up with Eros.
Very interesting theory Frog...sadly, along with UnderNineThousand, I must keep myself from commenting, else I risk spoiling everything. But as soon as the prophecy's plays out, I'll be sure to reply in full to the speculations...
As far as the death...we're about to see...
UnderNineThousand wrote:I would post my own theory here, but I'm comletely in agreement with The Frog on this one. Jade is going to die. As far as the story goes it makes sense, and in game, you get a Jolteon (at last) so.... yeah.
Everyone is expecting Jade's death it seems. Well...you're all about to find out what happens...
Wander wrote:OMG plot.

I don't think you'll lose a Pokemon at this point in the game, so I'm guessing Jade dies, cuz you like being a jerk to William. I guess Weezing + explosion could be very dangerous, especially if you got cocky in the Rocket battles up there, though.

Anyways, for a sec I thought you could be talking about Chris with the whole battles thing, but they've already battled four times, so scratch that, I suppose.

So....getting so caught up in plot I forgot you have to worry a bit about team building. Jolteon, eh? Good choice, seeing as Percy's gone
Explosions are mighty dangerous...I will say that.
And I am a horrible person to my characters. :sweatdrop: I should be nicer...but that probably won't happen. *goes back and checks plot notes* No, that definitely isn't going to happen.
Chapter Fifty-Three
[+] Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Three: Attack on Lavender Town, Part 2

The pain was nothing like she had ever felt.

Agatha clutched her chest and struggled to breath. Her heart thumped in her chest at a speed that was not healthy for her frail old body. Beads of sweat rolled down her neck. Her eyes were tightly shut, even though they occasionally snapped open wide involuntarily.

It felt like her heart was being compressed between two stones, while daggers were shoved inside of it. Agatha was fully conscious of her heart’s every movement, of every pump. She could feel her blood wither through its chambers.

But the pain she felt…it was unbearable. Something horrible was going to happen, something that was going to cause great pain.

Agatha was kneeling on the steel ground of Oak’s lab, struggling to try and stand. Her trusty Gengar was next to her, his eyes wide with concern.

“Do you feel it too?” She asked him through locked teeth. The Ghost Pokémon nodded once.

“Do you feel it as I do?”

The Ghost Pokémon shook his head – ‘no’.

“What…what does it mean?”

“Agatha!” Oak exclaimed. “You must be heaving a heart attack! I’ll get you the Viridian City Hospital…”

“Shut up you fool!” Agatha snapped. “This is no bodily malfunction, this is my intuition!”

“Oh not this again,” Oak said, raising his eyes up to the ceiling. “You’re just getting old Agatha-”

Agatha laughed coldly, but it was not without pain.

“The world leapt whenever Sabrina saw something, but when I feel something people laugh and scorn.”

“That’s because Sabrina’s predictions came true! You only say something bad is to happen-”

Oak was cut off by a Night Shade attack from Agatha’s Gengar. The old Pokémon Professor screamed and was launched backwards into a wall of his lab. He fell to the ground, where he stayed, trembling in fear.

“Y-you’re lucky I don’t retaliate!” He snapped angrily at Agatha from the ground. She ignored him, and slowly struggled to her feet.

“If…if this is causing me such pain…it means…it means it involves something…or someone…important to me…”

Agatha closed her eyes and tried to focus. She leaned heavily on her walking stick, the pain was still there. Her heart thumped at unprecedented speed.

“Gengar…close your eyes and look to the Pokémon Tower…tell me…what is happening there.”

Being a ghost Pokémon, Gengar had a special connection with the Pokémon Tower. He did as Agatha commanded. Gengar’s eyes were closed for only a second, but then they snapped back open in alarm. He motioned his trainer to the ground, and Agatha knelt back down. Gengar put both of his purple hands on Agatha’s forehead, and…

Team Rocket helicopters flew through the sky. Golbats fluttered around, letting lose Hyper-Beam attacks on the ground. A Charizard was fending off the Golbats, but he was struggling to fight the large numbers. On the ground people screamed as Ratticates bit at throats, Arboks constricted bodies, Koffings let lose poisonous gases, and Machokes tore people in half.

Lavender Town was under assault.

Agatha snapped out of the vision, panting heavily. She did not hesitate, she turned and walked for the door as fast as her legs would take her.

“Agatha! Where are you going?” Oak asked, getting up from the ground.

Agatha paused at the doors and spun around.

“Lavender Town is under attack from Team Rocket! I’m going to defend it – are you coming?”

Oak stayed still, his eyes wide with terror.

“I-I can’t!” He said, his voice trembling. “I’m…I’m very busy here! I have things to do…and people to meet with…and…”

Agatha didn’t wait to hear the rest. She spun back around and almost ran out of the lab.

She did not look back to her ex-husband. She did not call him names. She did not glare at him. She did not even think any more of him as she called out her Fearow to ride to Lavender Town.

He wasn’t worth the time.

------------------------------

Tybalt was heavily outnumbered. Six Golbats fluttered in the air around him, unleashing Supersonic and Hyper Beam attacks, while others attacked the town. The Charizard spun around in the air, dodging the attacks by nothing more than a few centimeters. His eyes were narrowed in determination. His claws glistened in the ironic sunlight that shone down on Lavender Town.

Opening his jaws, Tybalt let lose a powerful stream of fire. The flames devoured a Golbat, leaving nothing left but a black mess. The body fell to the ground, white eyes still wide looking up at the sky.

One down. Five to go.

On the ground, Brabantio had a single vine wrapped around the tail of Virgilia. He swung her around in the air, and the Wartortle unleashed a constant stream of Bubblebeam attacks that knocked foes onto their backs. Brabantio meanwhile whipped his body back and forth, right to left, letting lose a stream of razor-sharp leaves that went straight through bodies and cut off appendages.

Meanwhile, William and his mother dueled against James and Jessie.

Jessie and James were about ten yards apart, and opposing them were William and Jade, who were equally far apart.

Mewoth fought back and forth against Eros, Fleance wrestled with Arbok, while Desdemona took on Wheezing.

“Meowth, use Slash!” Jessie commanded.

Meowth charged towards the Eevee, who gritted his teeth and readied himself for the attack.

“Quick Attack!” Jade ordered.

Eros charged forward, his eyes glinting with determination.

At the last second the Mewoth jumped in the air, dodging the Quick Attack. His body flipped, and he ranked his claws through Eros’s back, drawing blood.

“Eros!” Jade exclaimed. The Eevee came to a dead halt and shrieked in pain as blood rolled down his sides.

“Now Meowth, use another Slash attack!”

“Sand-Attack Eros!”

Eros beat at the ground with his tail, stirring up sand into the air. He twirled his tail through the sand, sending it at the Meowth. The cat-like Pokémon shirked as the sedentary got into his eyes. He walked a few steps back, trying to avoid it…

“Now, Quick Attack!”

“Meowth get ready to use Slash!”

Eros charged towards the Meowth, and tackled his body, sending him flying backwards through the air. The Meowth swiped at empty air with his claws.

The fight went on.

Meanwhile Fleance wrestled with the Arbok, which slithered this way and that over Fleance’s body. The Nidoking could not get his hands on the Arbok, the snake-Pokémon was too fast. She constantly attempted to bit into Fleance, but his rock-skin was too tough to penetrate. Eventually Fleance jumped in the air and landed on the ground with a thud. He landed on top of the Arbok, who shrieked in pain under the weight. She opened her mouth wide and spit Acid into Fleance’s eyes. The Nidoking roared and jumped up, backing up away from the poisonous snake.

The fight went on.

Desdemona blasted backwards poisonous gas that Weezing had emitted when a powerful gust from her wings. Her eyes glowed Purple, and she let lose a Psybeam attack. The Psychic Attack blasted through the airs, but the Weezing twirled his body, just dodging it by a few inches.

“Now, use sludge!”

“Another Psybeam!”

Both Pokémon let lose their attacks, and then both Pokémon dodged them.

“Well, well, Will,” James said, smiling sadistically. “It looks like we have a stale-mate. Neither of us can hit.”

“We only need one hit to end you!” William said. “Desdemona, another Psybeam!” The Butterfree’s eyes glowed purple, and she unleashed another purple Psychic attack from her eyes.

The Weezing floated downwards, dodging it again by just a few inches.

“Weezing, smokescreen!”

Weezing opened his mouth, and black smoke came rolling out.

“Desdemona – beat the smoke away with your wings!”

The Butterfree heavily flapped her wings, but this smoke was too heavy and quickly surrounded both Desdemona and the Weezing. Neither William nor James could see either one. The black smoke where the Butterfree and the Weezing were trapped in was several yards in the air though, William could still see James across the field. He was smiling.

“Now Weezing…its time to kill. Use Self-Destruct.”

William felt as if he had been kicked in the chest. He couldn’t see anything that was going on in the black smoke, he couldn’t help Desdemona…

“DESDEMONA! TRY AND GET OUT OF THERE!” He screamed.

“WILLIAM!” Jade yelled. “BACK UP!”

“JAMES, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” Jessie shrilled, her entire body trembling.

Everyone was screaming. Everyone except for James. He was laughing.

But that’s when it happened.

Weezing, whose body was still expanding, was shot out of the cloud of black smoke. Desdemona had managed to hit him with a Psybeam attack. James eyes widened, and the Weezing hit James right in his chest. He automatically caught the Weezing in his hands, and looked down at it in horror.

The Weezing was still expanding.

“NO!” Jessie screamed. She was ten yards away, her body frozen in terror.

James slowly rose up his head to look at William. Time seemed to stop for a second as William stared into James eyes. William realized how young James was, his eyes were that of a boy.

A boy who was very afraid.

Jessie unfroze and she took a small step forward.

Too late.

The Weezing that was still in James’s hands exploded.
[+] A Few Thoughts
I hope none of you think it is sadistic to enjoy trolling audiences. :sweatdrop: I'm really not a bad person, lol. Sorry for it, sadly this story run still has awhile to go, so the trolling will continue...
Anyway, I know what you're thinking right now (probably). You're either thinking that the death Agatha was referring to hasn't happened yet, or James's death (I don't think its a spoiler to say he does not survive that) somehow greatly affects destiny.
Which is it?
*cue dramatic music*

The Frog

March 27th, 2011, 9:23 pm #272

I... have... no... idea...

Current Run:
Yellow
(Chapter Thirteen, put up Mar 17 2011)(Yes, it hasn't been updated in over a year. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.)
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:
Blind White: The Abridged Series (Reached Episode 8)

Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

March 27th, 2011, 10:00 pm #273

no - cue Jeopardy music, as we play the waiting game.
Hello. Let's play some music.

drakhun

March 27th, 2011, 10:25 pm #274

[+] comments
Owch, self destruct. Things that do those things suck so much in Nuzlocke. That ending was certainly... unexpected. My hypothesis: James was somehow related to the Oaks.
Drakhun's Leaf Green Story - Two professional gamblers are setting out to once again conquer Kanto, and one has taken an extra bet, to conquer the League while doing the Nuzlocke Challenge

Badges 3
Deaths 1

Wander

March 28th, 2011, 3:09 am #275

[+] Spoiler
...Dangit. Why must you troll us so? Wonder what Jesse's going to do now? The next chapters gonna be absolutely crazy, lol.

UnderNineThousand

March 28th, 2011, 5:03 pm #276

...wat.

TrainerBOB

March 29th, 2011, 1:08 am #277

[+] Replies!
UnderNineThousand wrote:...wat.
Wat indeed!
Lol, your untyped question will be answered next chapter :roll:
Wander wrote:
[+] Spoiler
...Dangit. Why must you troll us so? Wonder what Jesse's going to do now? The next chapters gonna be absolutely crazy, lol.
Problem?
:coolface:
lol, sorry, the next chapter will indeed be crazy (hopefully in a good way).
drakhun wrote:
[+] comments
Owch, self destruct. Things that do those things suck so much in Nuzlocke. That ending was certainly... unexpected. My hypothesis: James was somehow related to the Oaks.
Interesting hypothesis. That is all I can saw for now though... :wink:

Epsilon wrote:no - cue Jeopardy music, as we play the waiting game.
Lolz ::P:

The Frog wrote:I... have... no... idea...
Revelations to come next chapter, don't worry!
Sorry I can't update tonight, but hopefully a new chapter tomorrow!!! :smile:

Inflamore
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

March 29th, 2011, 4:52 am #278

Entertain Us: A Yellow Nuzlocke Run
[+] Spoiler
Will it happen again? I sure hope not. Kanto has seen enough innocent blood spilled. But Fate is never wrong, Arceus forbid. And It has spoken. I'm afraid Kanto is getting ready to witness an age darker than the first time Team Rocket rose to power. But with the darkness comes hope. A small flame, as I have been told. But a flame, nonetheless. And a flame must be fanned in order to grow.

And fan the flame, I shall.

whisperingxblue
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym

April 1st, 2011, 5:04 pm #279

Can't wait to see what happens next! I really love your writing style and the dark tone of the story makes it an extremely interesting read. All the Oaks are confusing me a bit but that's probably my fault - I'll go back and re-read when I get a chance

Please provide some feedback to a first time Nuzlocke run =)

Current Location: Route 1
Pokemon: LeRoi Snivy Level 6

TrainerBOB

April 1st, 2011, 5:34 pm #280

[+] Replies
whisperingxblue wrote:Can't wait to see what happens next! I really love your writing style and the dark tone of the story makes it an extremely interesting read. All the Oaks are confusing me a bit but that's probably my fault - I'll go back and re-read when I get a chance
Thank you! I think I am going to write a plot recap when I finish Part 6. Hopefully this will help clear things up.
Inflamore wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Wow.
Wow indeed!
Sorry for slow update speed. I'm making a new goal of updating every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and once between Monday and Thursday. Under this schedule, I'll finish this story run by mid May (I think). Expect the sequel to start early June.

This chapter is long, which is part of the reason in the delay. Almost 4000 words. Read ready for some action.

Chapter Fifty-Four
[+] Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Three: Attack on Lavender Town, Part 3

She was too late.

Like heat leaving the body when cold water is poured on the skin, Agatha felt the dark feeling leave her heart in a quick instant. It was like it had never been there to begin with.

She was too late.

Agatha wrapped her arms around the head of the flying Fearow tighter, her eyes wide in horror. Whatever she had felt had happened. Whoever’s death she had been forewarned about had occurred.

She was too late.

The pains were gone. She was too late. It was not like Agatha had believed she could stop it anyway.

But still, her heart beat fast in her chest from despair.

She was too late.

“Faster Fearow, faster!” Agatha urged, tightening her arms even more around the bird’s neck. “Something horrible has happened!”

The flying bird Pokémon squawked in reply and picked up its speed as it headed towards Lavender Town.

-----------------------------------

The explosion sent William flying backwards. Even ten yards away, the force behind the blast was still powerful enough to lift him off his feet. The world spun around him as he traveled through the air, his eyes wide. Not a single thought went through his mind as he flew, it was all happening too fast. The images before his eyes were confusing. His mind felt muddy.

And before William knew it, he was sprawled out on the ground in an awkward position, with his left leg tucked beneath his right and his neck resting on his shoulder. He moved slowly as he stood up, groaning in pain as he stretched his muscles.

And then his mind was active again. Names raced through his head as his eyes glanced from right to left, left to right.

Mom. Desdemona. Fleance. Mom. Desdemona. Fleance. Mom. Desdemona. Fleance. Mom…

Jade was laying not but five yards from William. The was a scratch on her arm where a small thin trail of blood was gushing from, but other than that she seemed alright. She stood up slowly, shaking her head. Her eyes widened in alarm and she instantly turned her head to William. Their eyes met, and they nodded to each other. They were all right.

Desdemona came fluttering down from the sky, humming softly. The force of the blast had sent her straight upwards, but she was alright. Fleance stood up from the ground several yards in front of William. He snorted angrily – he had been thrown backwards as well but his tough skin had made the attack do little damage to him.

The battle for the town went on everywhere else. Tybalt still flew through the skies fending off Golbats, while Virgila and Brabantio still fought together on the ground. Team Rocket Grunts dueled against townspeople with Pokémon, but things were still not looking good.

“NO!!!”

The scream made William’s head snap forward. Jessie of Team Rocket stood crouched on the ground over an ugly mass. It took a second for William to realize what it was she hesitated to touch.

It was the remains of James’s body.

There was nothing but a chunk left. A shriveled, black, tarred, bloody chunk left of James. Had James not been in a spot near where the chunk was, William would not have known it was James. The piece of destroyed flesh was in a pile of smoking ash. Jessie looked down at in horror – her eyes wide and tearing up.

“JAMIE!” She screamed. “JAMIE NO!”

She sobbed as her hands shook. She was still restraining herself to touch the scolding remains of her fellow Team Rocket Executive.

William and Jade exchanged expressions again, not sure what to do.

“Retreat,” William said, slowly and carefully. “Retreat and morn alone…we won’t stop you.”

He didn’t know why he was being merciful. He thought for a second that perhaps it was because James looked to be younger than he was – but that wasn’t it. It was Jessie. Her mourning screams gave William pity.

Jessie’s Arbok and Meowth stood awkwardly a few feet away from their trainer, watching her with concerned expressions. The Meowth purred softly, snapping Jessie out of her trance. Her head turned to William, and she seemed to be aware for the first time in a few minutes he was still here.

Her face was a complex current of emotions. There was disgust and anger in the curve of her mouth, but her eyes were different. Her eyes were a mix of sorrow and confusion. She stood up, robotically. Her body still shook.

“Arbok…Meowth…kill their Pokémon.” She said in an emotionally detached voice.

“Desdemona! Go help Tybalt in the sky,” William ordered, realizing suddenly the battle was still going on. “Fleance stay her and help!”

Desdemona hummed in response and fluttered up towards the sky. The Butterfree’s eyes were already glowing purple as she prepared to unleash her psychic attacks.

Fleance charged forward at the Arbok that slithered forward. His stone face was set in pure determination, and the Arbok’s face was cold and cruel. They collided in the middle, the Arbok slithering up and down Fleance’s body constricting the Nidoking. Fleance roared as he wrestled with the Arbok, attempting to throw the slithering snake off his body.

Eros charged forward at Meowth, bloody claws extended and eyes gleaming. The Eevee ran forward as well, moving at almost twice the speed of the Meowth. The two collided, and the force behind the Eevee sent the Meowth flying backwards to the ground.

“Sand-Attack!” Jade ordered, thrusting her arm into the air. Kicking at the ground with his feet, Eros kicked up a storm of dust that blew into the Meowth’s eyes.

The cat-like Pokémon hissed and retreated backwards. Eros stood tense, waiting for an order from his trainer, but Jade was silent.

“What are you doing?” Jessie shrieked at Jade. “Why aren’t you finishing me off?”

“Look around you,” Jade said, gesturing to the town. “A few seconds ago, you were on the verge of claiming the town. But now you are losing.”

Tybalt and Desdemona were no longer fighting Golbats in the sky – those had been taken care of. The two were know sky-bombing down onto Rockets on the ground, unleashing their attacks on unsuspecting foes.

The townspeople were slowly beginning to win the Pokémon battles. The Rockets were recalling more of their Pokémon, while some laid on the ground unmoving.

“You’re losing. And you’re going to lose. Retreat now girl, while you have the chance,” Jade said, her eyes steel cold.

Fleance and the Arbok still wrestled furiously, but Williams’s eyes were now watching the conversation between his mother and the Team Rocket executive.

“Just who the hell do you call girl?” Jessie snapped.

“You,” Jade stated simply. “You may try to hide it with all the makeup, but you are not even in your twenties yet. Why you were given such a leading position on Team Rocket – I do not know. But you are still merely a girl.”

“Shut up!” Jessie shouted. “Just shut up!”

“Retreat.” Jade ordered simply. “Retreat, and don’t let anyone else die today.”

“Who the hell do you think you are?” Jessie screamed to Jade, her voice breaking. Jade’s eyes gleamed dangerously, and she began to speak in a cold, metallic voice.

“I am daughter of Koga, previous Elite Four member of Johto and current gym leader of Kanto. I am wife of Richard Oak. I am Janine Oak,” her eyes were unblinking, and she held Jessie’s absolute attention. “I am the former Champion of Kanto. I am Janine Oak. That is who I am.”

Jessie seemed shaken by Jade’s speech, but she did not let that deter her next words.

“That doesn’t mean I’m not going to still kill one of your Pokémon! Meowth, use a Slash Attack to that Eevee’s heart!”

The Meowth slashed his claws through the air and he began to charge towards Eros. Jade dipped her head low and she said in a sad voice –

“Hyper Beam.”

“What?” Jessie exclaimed as the Meowth charged. “Eevee can’t learn Hyper Beam!”

Jade raised her head, her eyes dark.

“I am former Champion of the Elite Four. I can teach my Pokémon any move I want them to learn.”

And then, to Jessie’s horror, Eros rolled his head back and snapped it forward. A golden beam of pure power shot forth from a hidden origin in his mouth, and it soared through the air straight towards the Meowth.

The Hyper Beam did not blast the Meowth backwards – instead it went straight through the Meowth, leaving a burning hole in his chest. The Pokémon stopped dead cold in his charge, and his head slowly looked down to the gaping hole in his chest.

And then, Meowth fell backwards onto the ground. Dead.

Jessie took a step backwards, stunned. Her eyes were wide with terror, and her entire body shook. Her eyes darted again to the sad remains of James. And then she looked around her. Team Rocket grunts were losing everywhere. The Battle of Lavender Town was ending. Team Rocket had lost.

“RETREAT!” She screamed in the air. “FALL BACK OR DIE!” She held up a Pokeball and recalled her Arbok that was still wrestling with Fleance. William made a step forward, suddenly doubting his mercy to let her escape.

But he had not time to even attempt to restrain her.

Without any warning, an Alakazam appeared out of no where next to Jessie. She instantly grabbed onto the psychic Pokémon’s shoulder and just as quick as it had arrived the Alakazam was gone, teleported away.

“NO!” William exclaimed.

“Don’t worry about her,” Jade said. “Try to stop some of the other Rockets from escaping – we need to know why they came!”

Helicopters were coming down to the ground, and Rockets were jumping onto ropes and climbing up. Some were left behind, and they ran for the wild.

“Tybalt, follow them in the sky!” William screamed up to his Chraizard from the ground.

Tybalt roared and took flight steadfast for one of the helicopters and…

It exploded.

The blast sent the Charizard soaring backwards through the air, tumbling and spinning. He caught himself before he slammed into the Pokémon Tower though, and he steadied himself with his strong wings.

The remains of the helicopters came crashing down to a house, setting the home ablaze. No one moved to put out the fire though. Everyone in the town had paused, and were standing still, staring up at the spot where the helicopter had been a moment before.

And that’s when a male voice suddenly filled the town.

“Hello Team Rocket – this is Giovanni,” the voice was coming from some hidden speaker inside the remaining helicopters. It came from all of them, and the voice echoed about the town. It was a computerized voice – it was not the voice William had heard speak in Celadon City. Wherever Giovanni was, he was taking caution to disguise his voice.

“I have decided to spare Jessie, since she still has some use to me. The rest of you, however, are doomed to die for your failure. All the remaining helicopters will explode within one minute. I’d advise the rest of you to slit your throats with your knives. Otherwise, expect a painful death beyond possible understanding. Giovanni, out.”

The town was silent for a horrible second. The townspeople stopped fighting; the Rockets stopped fleeing; the helicopters stayed still in the sky. It felt like the wind had even stopped blowing through the sad, desolate town.

And then everyone started moving.

“EVERYONE – RETURN!” William screamed, He ran through the town, holding up Pokeballs, recalling his Pokémon.

Jade recalled her Eevee, and then begin to escort and help townspeople move inside the Pokémon Tower.

Rockets were jumping out of helicopters and landing flat on the ground where their spines broke and they died. Others who were stuck on the ground slit their throats, or cut their wrists, or stabbed themselves through the heart. They screamed and fell to the ground, blood pouring out of their wounds.

William recalled Tybalt, and clipped the last ball onto his belt. His hands shook as he turn and ran for the Pokémon Tower where his mother was waiting for him.

In the air a helicopter was being steered in all sorts of directions by a Rocket who had lost his mind in panic. It swerved in the sky, spinning wildly out of control…

As William sprinted towards the Pokémon Tower, he heard the explosions. One by one, the helicopters began to explode. There were six in the sky over Lavender Town.

A second past. There were five.

Another second past. There were four.

Another second past. There were three.

Another second past. There were two.

Another second past. There was one.

The remaining helicopter that flew through the air uncontrolled swirled thirty yards above William’s head, and…

It exploded.

The blast knocked William off his feet and he fell face down on the ground. He rolled over, and his eyes widened as he saw the remaining debris of the helicopter fall straight down towards him.

Somehow, over the sounds of the crunching, crashing, burning debris rushing to the ground, William heard his mother scream his name.

And then something powerful shoved him aside.

William heard the crunch of metal hit the ground just a few feet away from him. He could feel the heat of flames, so he leapt to his feet, and backed away quickly.

Standing in front of him, the Pokémon that had shoved him aside, was a Gengar. Its hands were outstretched, from where it unleashed Shadow Ball Attacks, trying to qualm the flames.

“Well done Gengar,” an elderly voice from next to William said. William spun his head around, and gasped.

Standing there next to him was none other than Agatha, the Elite 4 member. Her determined eyes stared into the fire, and both hands tightly gripped the cane that supported her. Her wild white hair blew in the intense wind that now blew through the town.

“You’re William Oak, correct?” She asked him, turning her head to look at him. William nodded his head a single time – he was in too much awe to speak. “I’m Agatha, member of the Elite 4. This may not be the best time, but I am your grandmother.”

The revelation made William’s heart skip a beat for only a second – too many other surprising things had already happened that day. He nodded his head once gravely.

“I need your help putting out these fires – do you have any Water-type Pokémon?”

“Yes,” William said, finding his voice. “Go Virgilia!”

He unclipped the ball from his belt and let lose his Wartortle. The shelled Pokémon came bursting out, already letting lose a powerful stream of water on the debris in front of her. With the team work of Gengar, the two Pokémon quickly quelled the fires that havocked the helicopter, preventing them from spreading elsewhere.

William sighed and he turned to look at Agatha. She was not looking at him though, instead her head was turned to look at the rest of the town.

It was covered it flames.

“Come on!” She said urgently, running forward as fast as her elderly legs could carry her. William and Virgilia followed her.

Agatha stood in the center of the town, buildings covered in flames all around her. The heat and noise of the roaring flames filled the air, and her eyes were wide as she stared up at the smoke that filled the sky.

“Not again…” she whispered softly. Then she spun around to William, who was right behind her. “Do you have anymore water Pokémon?”

“No!” William yelled back, over the roaring flames.

“Then she’ll have to do!” Agatha said, nodding to Virgilia. Agatha reached deep into her pockets and pulled out four Pokeballs. She let out a Golbat, an Arbok, a Haunter, and another Gengar.

“Gengars, help us put out these fires with Shadow Ball Attacks! Golbat, Arbok, and Haunter, go look for any survivors in the burning buildings!”

“Fleance and Tybalt,” William said, unclipping the balls from his belt. “Help them too!”

The Nidoking and Charizard came roaring out of the balls from William’s belt, and they charged headfirst into the flames.

“Alright Virgilia, Water Gun!”

Virgilia opened her moth wide and unleashed a constant torrent on the closet building that was up in flames. Agatha’s two Gengar’s twirled in circles as they let lose powerful Shadow Balls that helped only slightly to calm the flames.

Progress was slow. The fires were strong and roared in defiance. In the time that the Arbok had found a small, barely conscious child and brought it back to the center of the town where Agatha was, they were still working on the same building.

Virgilia gasped as she closed her mouth and rested for a few seconds. In the short time she stopped unleashing water, the flames seemed to strengthen and the progress they had made was lost. Virgilia jumped in surprise, and started unleashing Water Gun again.

“This is doing nothing,” Agatha exclaimed over the roar of the flames. “We have to think of something else!”

“We can’t stop though!” William yelled over the roar of the flames in return. “We can’t let this fire reach the Pokémon tower, that’s where the townspeople are!”

Virgilia stopped unleashing water from her mouth again and she staged backwards. Her entire body shook, and the Wartortle began to moan softly.

“Virgilia!” William asked. “Are you okay?”

“War...” the Pokémon moaned softly. Then, suddenly, Virgilia withdrew into her red shell. There was a flash of bright light and…

In the place where the Wartortle was a few seconds ago, there was now a Blastoise. Her red shell had turned brown, and she had grown several feet taller. Two cannons poked out of her shell and were next to her head. Her eyes were fierce as she stared into the fires.

“Virgilia!” William exclaimed. “You evolved!”

“Blas-toise!” Virgilia roared in a deep, yet feminine voice.

“Quickly,” Agatha yelled. “Take advantage of her power, douse the flames!”

“Go Virgilia!”

The Blastoise took aim at the houses and let lose a powerful stream of water from the two cannons poking out of her shell. The stream moved at a current greater than a river.

Within seconds, the flames of the house were quelled to nothing but smoke.

“We’re only started,” Agatha said, looking hopefully but concerned. “Now come on!”

--------------------------------------------------

Jessie stood completely still as she stood before the desk where he boss sat behind. They were at Team Rocket’s Headquarters, located on a chain of undiscovered islands east of Cinnabar Island. Giovanni watched her, his expression dark.

“So, Jamie is now dead?” He asked her, sadistically enjoying the wince that was evident on her face. “Pity. At least you get to enjoy all the money I’m planning on giving you, just for you. You don’t have to share with him at all.”

Jessie nodded her head once, too afraid to talk.

Giovanni drummed his fingers on his desk, considering something.

“You do fully understand why I’m keeping you alive, right?”

“Yes sir.”

“You understand that if you were a normal Team Rocket executive who had failed to retrieve the words of the prophecy, you would be dead right now. You understand that – right?”

“Yes sir.”

“Do you understand what I would have done to you? I would have killed you in the slowest of ways possible. I would have drawn as much blood as I could while keeping you alive. I would have made you scream. I would have made you beg to be killed.” Giovanni’s mouth twisted into a cruel smile as he spoke the words. “You understand this – right?”

“Yes sir.”

“Do you also understand that Jamie, or James, or whatever the hell he wanted to be called, is lucky to be dead? Had you both survived and returned here, I would have killed him as punishment. And I would have made you watch, as punishment. You understand this – right? I only really need one of you alive.”

Jessie’s eyes were emotionless as she stared straight ahead, like a solider that was listening from a general’s speech.

“Yes sir.”

“Good,” Giovanni said, leaning back in his chair.

Jessie stood in silence for several minutes while Giovanni watched her. He was clearly waiting for her to talk. Finally, she asked him.

“What’s next sir?”

“I will make one more offer to Mr. Silph. If he refuses it still, we will have no choice but to make a direct attack on his company. I must have that Mew fossil. We will kill many in our attack. He will be punished for standing in my way.”

“Yes sir, he will.”

“You will come with me into his office – I may have need of you there.”

“Yes sir.”

“Any other questions?” Giovanni asked her, smiling.

Jessie was again silent as she closed her eyes. Then though, she opened them, and asked in an emotionless voice.

“When will you kill William Oak?”

“For now he gets to live. I’m hoping to use him to lead me to his mother, which, thanks to you, I know for sure now she is still in Kanto,” Giovanni said, his eyes and mouth serious for a change. “But once he’s of no more use to me…I will kill him.”

Jessie closed her eyes, and then said softly.

“Yes sir.”

------------------

“William!”

William turned his back on the last burning building of the town, and saw his mother rushing forward. She ran into him and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly.

“You’re alright!” She exclaimed, her entire body shaking. Tears ran freely down Jade’s face.

“Its cool mom,” William said, patting her back. “I’m fine, really.”

She let William go, and studied his face for a moment. Behind him, Virgilia succeeded in destroying the last flames of the building. Agatha had turned to look at Jade, a small smile on her face.

“I’m proud of you William,” she said softly. “You are more like your father then you know.”

William swallowed a lump in his throat, and remembered Percy’s words.

“Mom…we need to talk.”

“I think we all do,” Agatha said, walking over slowly.

“Agatha!” Jade exclaimed.

“Janine,” the old woman said warmly, smiling. “Its nice to see you again.” The two embraced, hugging each other tightly.

“Are the townspeople alright?” Agatha asked her.

“Mostly,” Jade responded. “A few have passed, but I think everyone is mostly doing alright.”

“Good,” Agatha said. “When Jimmy attacked many years ago, almost everyone in the town died. While sad, this outcome is much preferred.”

There was a sudden roar, and Charizard came flying over one of the buildings. He landed on the ground with a thud – his face had an angry expression.

Agatha’s two Haunters passed through the walls of a building. Arbok slithered ahead of Fleance, who was carrying a dead body. The Arbok was crying.

Fleance dropped the burned body on the ground in front of Agatha, and he took a step back respectfully. Gently using her tail, Arbok pushed the head to roll over on the other side of his body, revealing the face to Agatha, Jade, and William.

William felt his heart sink in his chest. He had never talked to the old man, but he had fought with him side by side against Team Rocket.

Jade gasped and covered her hand with her mouth,

Agatha’s face remained emotionless. She dropped her cane and she fell to her knees.

Laying there on the ground, dead and burnt, was Mr. Fuji.
[+] Team's Status

Tybalt (Charizard) Level 37
Desdemona (Butterfeee) Level 40
Fleance (Nidoking) Level 36
Brabantio (Ivysuar) Level 28
Virgilia (Blastoise) Level 36

Poor Brabantio. It was just so hard to find a good place to train a Grass-Type in this point in the game though, lol.
[+] A Few Thoughts
Not much to say, though a lot happened. Speculate at will :roll: