Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
Kynim
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

March 15th, 2011, 6:55 pm #241

I went to catch up to your run and holyyyyy crap TWISTS EVERYWHERE.

And I am sort of nervous about Silph...

Diamond Run - FINISHED / White Run - FINISHED

I have sinned in these forums :( - 3/31/2015

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

March 16th, 2011, 3:02 am #242

Kynim wrote:I went to catch up to your run and holyyyyy crap TWISTS EVERYWHERE.

And I am sort of nervous about Silph...
Thanks Kynim!
And everyone is worried about poor Mr. Silph...of course, maybe that's because everyone knows what happens at the Silph Co...

And now...NEW CHAPTER!

Chapter Forty-Eight
[+] Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Eight: Richard Oak

“She’s going to be alright.”

William was standing in a private room in the Pokecenter. His mother was resting on a bed – still in her worn travel clothes. The Head Nurse Joy of Lavender Town was talking to him.

“She’s just exhausted – I don’t think she’s slept in a few days,” Nurse Joy said, still addressing William. But he was barely listening to her, his eyes were fixed on Jade’s face.

“She had a single Pokeball on her – would you like us to heal him?” William blinked, surprised at being asked a question.

“Yeah…sure,” he mumbled softly. Nurse Joy bowed her head once and she exited the room. William stood still where he was, several feet away from the bed, watching his mother sleep. Finally, he moved slowly towards the chair next to her bed. He felt like he was moving through a dream, and each step was a conscious effort.

He sat down on the stool next to her, being as quiet as possible. William then stayed perfectly still, watching his mother rest.

And then with a jolt she woke up. William jumped slightly when his mother’s eyes snapped open, and her eyes flashed to him at the quiet noise he made.

“William!” Jade exclaimed, “William, I-I found you!”

William, who was still slightly startled, reach out and gently grabbed his mother’s hand, which was shaking.

“Mom…why were you looking for me?”

Jade looked into her sons eyes – wide and innocent, and she winced slightly.

“Let’s stop playing games William,” she said, her voice soft. “You know I’ve been lying to you.”

William was quiet when his mother said those words. He found himself unable to speak.

“I did it because I thought it would keep you safe. I wanted to keep you out of this mess. But…I see know I was wrong. Instead of protecting you…I sent you into the world unprepared. I sent you to fight a Dragonite without a shield. I was a horrible, horrible mother, and-”

“Mom!” William said, raising his voice as his grip tightened on her hand. “It’s okay.”

But Jade shook her head.

“No, it’s not. But now I’m going to make it up to you. I’m going to tell you everything.”

William tried to interrupt his mother again, but she cut him off by shaking her head fiercely.

“No, listen to me.” She closed her eyes, and cleared her throat loudly. And then she began talking.

“You know of the Johto Civil War right? Well, my father was Koga. Yes – the Koga. The same as the gym leader. He was one of Johto’s Elite 4 members. He was helping and aiding Lance in dictating over the entire region. His army of ninjas and poison users was powerful, and he lost few battles in that great war.”

“My father wanted to rule. He wanted…no…he loved power. And he wanted so much of it. However, I did not agree with his ideology. Nor did my twin sister – Erika.”

She paused, expecting William to be surprised at the fact, but her son just shook his head.

“I-I’ve already been told Erika was my Aunt…you…you’ve heard the news right?”

Jade nodded solemnly.

“Yes…I’ve heard of what Team Rocket did to her.”

“I’m sorry mom,” William said softly. Jade’s eyes were wet, but she shrugged as calmly as possible.

“We weren’t that close…she kind of hated me. I had hoped we would eventually move past everything…but we never did.”

Jade sighed and shook her head.

“So…Erika and I escaped Johto and came to Kanto. Koga allowed us to leave, he thought we were being foolish and would return. But, we didn’t. We enjoyed Celadon City. We enjoyed the peace of Kanto in contrast to the chaos of Johto. So, we stayed. Erika began to make a name for herself as a powerful trainer, while I simply enjoyed myself.”

“To my father’s great shock, the monarchy of Johto lost the Civil War. He, along with many others, were banished from Johto for the rest of their lives. This did not sit well with him. He came to live with Erika and I in Kanto, where our fortune had been heavily damaged due to the fact that he was no longer a horrible dictator who stole from the government’s private banks. Erika was greatly upset about this – she had always been high maintenance. I don’t remember this bothering very much, privately I was glad my father had lost. I had been on the side of the rebels in my mind, but I lacked any Pokémon to help them.”

“So, in order to compensate for this lack of cash, my sister sought a job. And she found one she liked – the Gym Leader of Celadon City. It didn’t take long before she was able to usurp the old gym leader, and take her place. Koga, seeing how successful and easy it was to become a gym leader in Kanto, managed to get the job himself in Fuchsia City. He did it even easier and faster. I’m not sure his methods were legal, but there was never any way to prove that.”

“And then, with all the right pieces in place, the phenomena that was Jimmy Oak began.”

William eyes widened at the sudden mention of the villain, and he listened more intently. Jade kept on talking, though her voice got deeper and her tone darker.

“He wooed my sister instantly. She became purely infatuated with him. I’m not sure if he ever really loved her like she did him. No…in fact I’m sure he didn’t.”

“What makes you so sure?” William asked, his eyes curious.

“Because he forgot all about Erika when he met me,” Jade said, her voice breaking as she said the words. “He claimed he loved me at first sight.”

William felt a cold feeling fill his chest as her heart dropped down.

“William,” Jade said, speaking as directly to him as she could. “Relax, Jimmy Oak is not your father.”

The muscles on William’s face loosened considerably, and he let out a relieved breath.

“So…I take it you did not return the feelings?”

“No. I hated the man. I thought he was a pathetic worm, despite the following and praise he had.” Jade’s eyes were angry, and her tone was harsh. “He tried to prove his love to me by destroying my sister in a battle.” Jade shook her head sadly at the memory. “That drove Erika and I apart forever. Till the last time I saw her…she still blamed me.”

“Blamed you?” William asked, stunned. “But you did nothing!”

“Yes…she even got out of a relationship with a dark, and horrible man,” Jade said quietly. “But Erika never saw it that way.”

Jade sighed.

“So, a few weeks later, Jimmy had made it to my father’s gym. He wooed Koga like he wooed Erika, just not in a sexual way. And then my bastard father went and try to arrange Jimmy and I to be married.” Jade snorted at the ludicrous idea. “I flat out refused it. So, my father of course cut me away from my money. I had nothing then. No possessions. No home. No family – even my twin sister had stunned me.”

“You had no other family to go to?” William asked, his eyes wide. Jade shook her head sadly.

“My older sister was still in Johto, and my brother was far off in another region.”

“Is he still alive? Your brother?” William asked. “…My uncle?”

“As far as I know – yes,” Jade said, thinking about it. “To be honest, I’ve been in hiding for so many years, I have fallen out of touch with everyone. But that gets me back on track. So, cut away from money and my father, I needed a job. I got one as an assistant in Professor Oak’s lab.”

Jade paused, and she closed her eyes.

“And that’s when I met Richard Oak,” she said, her voice soft. “Your father.”

William was still as his mother said the words. He remembered not wanting to hear anything about his father when he was younger. Now…he wanted to know. He did not stop Jade from talking further.

“I would be lying to say it was love at first sight. He pursued me, and I denied him. I was angry, I didn’t want to be where I was. I hated the confines of the lab. He was about to leave, along with the other Oak – Charlie – on a Pokémon Journey. And I was to be stuck in the metal confines of a lab. I…I resented him for it.”

Jade paused as she closed her eyes. It was evident she was trying to not cry.

“He…he much have really felt something for me from the start. Because…he offered me his spot in selecting a starter Pokémon from Professor Oak. The Pokémon Professor went along with it, and today he claims he was the one who offered it. But it was Richard. He offered me a chance to go on a journey…while he stayed behind.”

William was stunned. He found himself asking involuntarily –

“Did you take it?”

“Y-yes.” Jade said, tears now squeezing out of her eyelids. “I was…I was so happy and excited. I got a Bulbusuar…and Charlie got a Charmander.”

William stayed still, trying to picture his father…trying to see what he looked like.

“So…so…Rich-…so Dad…didn’t get to go on a journey?” William asked, his eyes still downcast as he tried to bring up an image of his father.

“No, he actually did” Jade said, muttering softly. “Oak managed to get another Pokémon at the last minute so Richard could go on a journey as well.”

William stayed silent, and then he asked a question that he somehow already knew the answer too. Jade was now truly crying as tears rolled down her cheeks.

“What was the Pokémon?”

“…It was a Pikachu.”

And then William’s stone face broke. He started crying too.
[+] A Few Thoughts
I didn't plan to divide their conversation into two chapters...but then I wrote the last few lines...and the chapter just ended. For some reason, it felt like the chapter had drawn to a conclusion.

More revelations to come in the next chapter, as the conversation between William and his mother finishes.

QKNC
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym

March 16th, 2011, 4:28 am #243

[+] Spoiler
Okay.

That part where Jade tells him his father owned a Pikachu was just really touching. Not in a depressing way either, as some parts of your story have been. I'm not even sure why, but that whole conversation was tugging on my heart strings.

Also... this makes me think that Chris's mom was Erika... though that makes me wonder how that happened. Also... this makes me realize that with only Chris and William, there's either one of Oak's sons that didn't have a kid, or their kid isn't important to the story, or that kid is going to show up soon/or has already shown up but hasn't had their identity revealed. Pretty excited to read more :>

inb4 Valerie is the third kid, oh god he made out with his cousin

Inflamore
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

March 16th, 2011, 5:40 am #244

[+] Spoiler
I just love this. I'm just now posting, though. :D

That last part was very touching. It made me want to cry, especially since Percy is gone and all. I'm with QKNC with wondering if there's another Oak kid running around somewhere and if he becomes vital to the story at some point.

Great chapter! There were a few mistakes. Like 'much' should be 'must' where she's telling William that Richard offered her his starter spot. There are more, but I'm too sleepy to find the rest. That just stuck out the most. :)

By the way, love this run! Can't wait to see how the rest of it unravels.
Entertain Us: A Yellow Nuzlocke Run
[+] Spoiler
Will it happen again? I sure hope not. Kanto has seen enough innocent blood spilled. But Fate is never wrong, Arceus forbid. And It has spoken. I'm afraid Kanto is getting ready to witness an age darker than the first time Team Rocket rose to power. But with the darkness comes hope. A small flame, as I have been told. But a flame, nonetheless. And a flame must be fanned in order to grow.

And fan the flame, I shall.

Verminator
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym

March 16th, 2011, 11:49 am #245

I'm almost tempted to believe that Richard Oak (must... not... make... dick... joke) is someone already established in the game. Who, exactly? No idea.
Hey! Verminator doesn't advertise!
Except for here.
[+] Spoiler
Banner by Kynim, whose art is currently being investigated as a possible cancer cure.

TrainerBOB

March 17th, 2011, 2:32 am #246

[+] Replies! :)
QKNC wrote:
[+] Spoiler
Okay.

That part where Jade tells him his father owned a Pikachu was just really touching. Not in a depressing way either, as some parts of your story have been. I'm not even sure why, but that whole conversation was tugging on my heart strings.

Also... this makes me think that Chris's mom was Erika... though that makes me wonder how that happened. Also... this makes me realize that with only Chris and William, there's either one of Oak's sons that didn't have a kid, or their kid isn't important to the story, or that kid is going to show up soon/or has already shown up but hasn't had their identity revealed. Pretty excited to read more :>

inb4 Valerie is the third kid, oh god he made out with his cousin
Thanks QKNC, that was what I was aiming for. Touching, but not in a slit-your-wrist kind of way.

And I'm glad your excited to read more, I'm excited to keep on writing! :)

As far as Val goes...just know...hm...can't really say anything right now :wink:

Inflamore wrote:
[+] Spoiler
I just love this. I'm just now posting, though. :D

That last part was very touching. It made me want to cry, especially since Percy is gone and all. I'm with QKNC with wondering if there's another Oak kid running around somewhere and if he becomes vital to the story at some point.

Great chapter! There were a few mistakes. Like 'much' should be 'must' where she's telling William that Richard offered her his starter spot. There are more, but I'm too sleepy to find the rest. That just stuck out the most. :)

By the way, love this run! Can't wait to see how the rest of it unravels.
Thanks Inflamore - I'm glad you enjoyed it!

And I'll have to go back and re-proof-read it, my chapters always have mistakes. :roll:

And again, thank you so much for your kind words!!! :)
Verminator wrote:I'm almost tempted to believe that Richard Oak (must... not... make... dick... joke) is someone already established in the game. Who, exactly? No idea.
This was a very, very, very insightful comment. I want to talk more about it, but I really can't right now. I will later though, after a certain plot twist. Remind me, if I forget, please :smile: You'll know its time if I say "this is my favorite, though not biggest, plot twist in the story run" :wink:
And now, new chapter, with new plot twists!

Chapter Forty-Nine
[+] Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Forty-Nine: The Champion

Agatha was the first one to arrive in the conference room where the Elite Four would be meeting. She walked in to the large golden hall with her cane thumping loudly on the metal ground. Silver columns rose up to meet the ceiling, and a gray rectangular table took up most of the room. The tiles on the floor shone beneath the exquisite lamps above. Agatha felt small and tiny as she moved to her seat.

There were five great chairs around the table. She sat in the one left of the dusty head chair that was almost always empty at these meetings. Lance would sit on the right of the head chair. Bruno would sit next to Lance – which was always awkward. And, across from Bruno and next to Agatha would be Lorelei.

Agatha always felt alone at these meetings. She was several generations above Bruno and Lorelei in age, an even a generation above Lance. Bruno and Lorelei were respectful and kind to Agatha, but she was merely acquaintance with them, not friends.

Lance was pretentious and rude to her – he was that way with all the Elite 4 members. He even treated the Champion with disrespect.

And then there was the Champion…who was never there. But perhaps it was better that way. Well, usually it was better that way; he might be truly needed now. But Agatha knew he would not come.

Lance would come; he always came just because he got to reside as in charge since the Champion was never there. And Bruno and Lorelei would come as well. The married couple took their jobs seriously.

Agatha looked before the table and carefully prepared what she would say. She wished she could have waited until she knew what the prophecy was before coming to this meeting. Yet, at the same time, she thought it might be better if she could not repeat the destiny-filled words. She did not trust Lance after all.

Agatha closed her eyes and focused carefully. She knew Bruno and Lorelei would not need much convincing to believe the possibility that Jimmy Oak was still alive – they trusted and respected her. It was Lance she needed to convince. He would be the one with the power to recommend the government to take action against the possible threat.

Agatha bit down on her lip. She knew how important this meeting was.

It could very well determine the fate of Kanto.

------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m-I’m so sorry William,” Jade said as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

“…It’s okay Mom…” William said softly, still sitting at the stool at the side of her bed. “Please…tell me…what happened next?”

“We all went on our journeys together…” Jade said. “There were several times when I traveled with your father, and other times when I did not. I began to have feelings for him, yet I stayed focus on becoming a Pokémon master.”

“Kanto was a different world then. It was not as modernized, and it took much longer to travel across. However, though Jimmy was far ahead of me, I slowly caught up. He spent almost a year in Saffron City, and he spent three months delayed at Cinnabar Island.”

“Doing what?” William asked, alarmed.

“To this very day, I have no idea.” Jade said solemnly. Her eyes were clear with concern. “Knowing him, it could not of been of good intent. I know he spent a lot of his time in Saffron City at their University Library, and at Cinnabar Island he spent a lot of time working with his Uncle – Blaine.”

“Blaine?” William asked, surprised. “The gym leader?”

“Yes – Blaine Oak, brother to Professor Oak,” Jade said. “I’m not sure what he did…but it could not have been good.”

William bit down on his lip.

“So then…”

“Jimmy and I were almost even in our quests. Richard and Charlie were spending more time helping their father complete the Pokedex entries then battling – they weren’t as focused on becoming a Pokémon master. But Jimmy and I were. We battled once before each of us challenged the Elite Four. It was an intense battle…but I won.”

Jade closed her eyes at the memory, and she shook her head.

“He was not surprised…or even angry. He merely laughed, said we were perfect for each other, and then proposed to me…again. I rejected him with great menace…I hated the man.”

“So…then he challenged the Elite Four…and lost?” William asked.

“Yes.” Jade said, her eyes closed. “His entire Pokémon team was killed off by the Champion, who believed it was his duty to put an end to Jimmy Oak.”

“And…then you challenged the Elite Four?” William asked.

“Yes I did,” Jade repeated solemnly.

“What happened?”

Jade was silent for a second, and then she said rather calmly.

“I won. For a time, I was the champion of Kanto.”

Jade stayed very still watching William process that information. His eyes were wide as his head slowly tilted down, but then his attention snapped back up to his mother.

“You…you were the Champion of Kanto?” he asked her, stunned.

“For a time – yes.”

“But…but that would mean that…you were the Champion that Jimmy came back to beat with the legendary birds?”

“That is correct.”

“So…?”

“That’s right William. Jimmy Oak was the man that completely destroyed my team. He was the reason I stopped training Pokémon.” Jade turned her face away from her son. She was crying again.

“If it wasn’t for your father…at the time my husband…Jimmy would have killed me as well. Richard swooped in at the last second and saved my life. But…but…it was not without great sacrifice.”

“What do you mean?” William asked her. Jade turned her head back to William, and she said in a broken voice.

“Richard’s Pikachu died there.”

William closed his eyes, and he leaned his head back. He could barely bring himself to ask-

“So…then there was the Battle of Threes. I’m guessing-?”

“Neither Richard or Charlie returned. Their bodies were never found…but I know Richard wouldn’t have left me.” Jade spoke the words, but she sounded as if she wasn’t really speaking them. Her eyes seemed to say she was far away. “If he survived it…he would have come back for me. We truly loved each other.”

William stayed completely still, and his mother kept on speaking.

“Professor Oak told me Jimmy had survived the battle, so he suggested I go into hiding. At first I went to Hoenn…but then I returned to Kanto. I lived in Pallet Town – the perfect place to hide. Jimmy Oak wouldn’t suspect me right under his nose, in the town of his father.”

“Why didn’t Professor Oak report Jimmy’s survival to the government?”

“I don’t know,” Jade said, shaking her head. “At the time he said he only had a hunch Jimmy could have survived the battle. But as time passed, I grew to believe he knew Jimmy was still alive. My belief was confirmed just last week…when I saw Jimmy in Pallet Town.”

William’s eyes widened.

“Jimmy Oak…was in Pallet Town?” William asked, stunned. “He didn’t see you…did he?”

“No…he was just there to visit Professor Oak I think.”

William sighed – relieved.

“…Is there anything else Mom?” He asker her. Jade closed her eyes, and for several seconds she didn’t say anything. But then-

“No. That’s everything.”

“Thanks Mom,” William said. “I’m…I’m so sorry for everything that has happened to you. Thank you…for telling me. That…that must have been hard.”

“But necessary,” Jade said, her face set. “I should have told you a long time ago.”

“But I know now,” William said, taking his mother’s hand. “That’s what important.”

Jade shook her head sadly.

“But you’ve been miserable not knowing. And that’s been my fault.”

“It doesn’t matter now Mom!” William exclaimed. “It’s okay. I love you.”

“Thanks William. I love you too.” Jade said, but her eyes were still troubled. She had not yet forgiven herself. “Now what are you going to do?”

William opened his mouth to speak, but then someone in a scratchy answered for him.

“If my assumption on his identity is correct, then he will be entering the Pokémon Tower in order to receive the prophecy.”

William jumped out of his seat, and spun around to the sound of the voice. What he saw surprised him.

An old woman dressed in all white stood in the threshold of the entrance to the private room. The clothes she wore covered almost every point of her body, except for her wrinkly, death-pale face and her yellow nails. Her mouth was wide in a smile, and she lacked all her teeth.

“Who are you?”

“I am a Chancellor of the Pokémon Tower,” the old woman said. “But who I am does not matter. It is you who matters. You are William Oak – no?”

“Excuse me,” Jade said, getting out of the bed. She shook slightly as she moved, but her voice had a dangerous edge to it. “What did you just call my son?”

“William Oak,” the Chancellor said, raising a white eyebrow. She was unfazed by Jade’s tone.

“How do you know who I am?” William asked angrily. “And what do you mean – prophecy.”

The Chancellor smiled, and she explained. She did not, however, answer William’s first question.

“Agatha, our leader, has been told through a dream that you are to receive a prophecy. Whenever the world is in grave danger, the spirits communicate with us by giving us prophecies of the future. They can help trainers save the world from evils.”

The Chancellor spoke as if she was discussing tea or the weather.

“May we speak to Agatha?” Jade asked, folding her arms across her chest.

“No, she is not here right now,” the Chancellor said. “She is busy with the League. Besides, even if she was here, I doubt she would speak to you. She is, after all, the third member of the Elite Four. And you’re just a weary traveler – no?”

Jade bit down on her lip angrily, but she did not comment. She guessed it was better this woman did not know who she was.

“So what do you say William Oak?” The Chancellor asked. “The spirit who is to give you the prophecy has already arrived, and he cannot stay for much longer.”

Jade was watching her son nervously as William carefully considered what he would do.

“The fate of Kanto and the rest of the world could very well rest on this decision,” the Chancellor said. Her gaping mouth was smiling, as if she was enjoying watching William make this decision. “Thousands could die because you say no…or if you say yes…who knows…”

William glared at her angrily, and then he snapped.

“Fine, take me to the tower. I’ll hear the prophecy.”
-Edited by Firestar
[+] A Few Thoughts
A couple of interesting plot twists in there - at least I thought they were interesting. This chapter was fun to write...

Next chapter will be the first of the several chapters that take place in the Pokemon Tower. I'm not EXACTLY sure how many chapters it will be yet...but it won't be less then four, and no more than five. I know that seems like a lot, but many important things happen inside that tower.

After all...

Someone of importance does die.

The Frog
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

March 17th, 2011, 3:37 am #247

[+] Thoughts
Prophecies. An easy way for an author to agonize his audience. Still, it'll be interesting.

Wonder who the current Champion is. If Jimmy defeated Jade when she was Champion, then was defeated by his brothers, then maybe one of them is the Champ? Somehow I don't think that's the case, but it's possible.

Maybe Red's the Champion, currently training away in Mount Silver and never responding to any calls at all. Given how strong Red is, yeah, his strength might well be needed.

Then again, if Richard had a Pikachu, maybe he's this universes Red. First and last letters of name match up. Just a random thought, not really a theory.

Current Run:
Yellow
(Chapter Thirteen, put up Mar 17 2011)(Yes, it hasn't been updated in over a year. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.)
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:
Blind White: The Abridged Series (Reached Episode 8)

Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

March 17th, 2011, 3:49 am #248

oh, I wonder who the spirit is...
Hello. Let's play some music.

Wander

March 18th, 2011, 2:08 am #249

..FINALLY finished reading through this!

Wow, that was incredible. You've built up a great plot with interesting characters and plenty of twists, and it's dark, which seems fitting of a Nuzlocke. This could seriously be a published novel. It's that good.

You're descriptions of the battles has been getting better, too. Just remember that on easy battles, you don't have to make them sound hard/challenging.

Now, thoughts on plot:
[+] Spoiler
I really think Val has a bigger role in this than just as a love interest, but I'm not quite sure what that role is. I just don't think you'd spend that much time developing her only to backseat her plot-wise.

I also sort of suspect that Giovanni/Jimmy are at the very least connected. Maybe not the same person, but they certainly know each other. Given the developments in the plot in this chapter, though, I'm guessing Giovanni's not one of the other brothers.

Silph's gonna die. Fact. So is Surge. Both cases make me sad.

I'm actually absolutely certain Jimmy and TR are connected or at least are after the same thing because TR was after a fossil near the beginning (and James later revealed it was the "wrong" fossil) and Jimmy is after the Mew fossil. No way that's coincidence and there's two different major fossils people are after. Surprised everyone's missed that. :roll:

One last minor point is that I'm curious as to why James is much more of an antagonist than Jessie. Just a odd little thing. Minor, but bugs me for some reason.

Anyways, that's all I've got for now, but I'm eagerly awaiting your next update (whilst I try to motivate myself to write my next chapter). Keep truckin', and DON'T YOU DARE LOSE ANYBODY!

TrainerBOB

March 20th, 2011, 1:24 am #250

Update time!
First though...
[+] Replies!
The Frog wrote:Prophecies. An easy way for an author to agonize his audience.
This. Times a Thousand. :biggrin:
The Frog wrote:Wonder who the current Champion is. If Jimmy defeated Jade when she was Champion, then was defeated by his brothers, then maybe one of them is the Champ? Somehow I don't think that's the case, but it's possible.

Maybe Red's the Champion, currently training away in Mount Silver and never responding to any calls at all. Given how strong Red is, yeah, his strength might well be needed.

Then again, if Richard had a Pikachu, maybe he's this universes Red. First and last letters of name match up. Just a random thought, not really a theory.
The Champion will continue to remain a mystery...though I might reveal it sooner then I originally intended. Not sure...[/thinking face]
Epsilon wrote:oh, I wonder who the spirit is...
You'll find out soon! :wink:
Wander wrote:..FINALLY finished reading through this!

Wow, that was incredible. You've built up a great plot with interesting characters and plenty of twists, and it's dark, which seems fitting of a Nuzlocke. This could seriously be a published novel. It's that good.

You're descriptions of the battles has been getting better, too. Just remember that on easy battles, you don't have to make them sound hard/challenging.

Now, thoughts on plot:
[+] Spoiler
I really think Val has a bigger role in this than just as a love interest, but I'm not quite sure what that role is. I just don't think you'd spend that much time developing her only to backseat her plot-wise.

I also sort of suspect that Giovanni/Jimmy are at the very least connected. Maybe not the same person, but they certainly know each other. Given the developments in the plot in this chapter, though, I'm guessing Giovanni's not one of the other brothers.

Silph's gonna die. Fact. So is Surge. Both cases make me sad.

I'm actually absolutely certain Jimmy and TR are connected or at least are after the same thing because TR was after a fossil near the beginning (and James later revealed it was the "wrong" fossil) and Jimmy is after the Mew fossil. No way that's coincidence and there's two different major fossils people are after. Surprised everyone's missed that.

One last minor point is that I'm curious as to why James is much more of an antagonist than Jessie. Just a odd little thing. Minor, but bugs me for some reason.

Anyways, that's all I've got for now, but I'm eagerly awaiting your next update (whilst I try to motivate myself to write my next chapter). Keep truckin', and DON'T YOU DARE LOSE ANYBODY!
Thanks Wander! And those are some interesting theories...though I can't comment on them right now! :biggrin:
And now update.

Chapter Fifty
[+] Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty: Reminders of the Past

The Pokémon Tower was as depressing as always. William was on the ground floor, along with the Chancellor that was leading him into the tower. His mother walked next to him.

The floor was a darkening white, and the walls an ugly gray. The ceiling was poorly painted blue, and the candles on the walls looked like they were from another century.

There were stairs in the corner of the room that led to the higher parts of the tower.

“Before receiving the prophecy…you must prove yourself,” the Chancellor said, with a wicked grin.

“What do you mean…prove myself?” William asked, hearing alarms go off inside his head. Jade narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest – not trusting this woman. She had insisted on coming with William, despite her weak physical condition.

“You must battle through the other Chancellors in the tower – who will trust your ability as a trainer.”

“What?” Jade snapped. “What does his ability of a trainer has to do with the ability to listen to a prophecy?”

“Nothing,” the Chancellor said, turning her aging eyes to the mother. “But the fact that this boy is to receive a prophecy means he is either destined to save it or destroy it. He needs to be tested to see if he is ready for that fate.”

“It’s fine Mom,” William said. “They can’t give me any troubles.”

Jade bit her lip, but she did not seem happy about it.

“Are you ready to ascend the tower young man?” William stepped forward, and Jade walked with him. But the Chancellor held up her wrinkly hand. “Only the one who is to receive the prophecy may proceed forward.”

“I’m going with him.” Jade said simply.

“No you’re not,” the Chancellor stated it like a fact, but her eyes sparkled dangerously.

“Mom…do as she says.” William said, watching the Chancellor nervously.

Jade narrowed her eyes at the Chancellor and then finally nodded.

“Fine, but I want to speak to my son in private before he goes up those stairs.”

“Very well,” the Chancellor said. “Say to him what you wish. But be warned – nothing you say can change the fate that has been laid out before him.”

Jade pulled her son aside while the Chancellor continued to ramble on, and she drew him close.

“Listen to me William,” she said in a hushed voice. “I’ve crossed paths with these Chancellors before. Don’t underestimate them, they are dangerous.”

“How so?” William asked, turning his gaze to look at the limp body of the elderly woman.

“They spend so much time working here at the tower, the lines between the living and the dead are blurred to them. They will not hesitate to kill your Pokémon – not because of menace, but because they don’t understand how it changes anything.”

Jade’s eyes were wide and intense as she instructed her son these parting words of advice. William nodded his head, suddenly feeling all the more ominous about this place.

He didn’t want to lose anyone else.

“Are you ready?” The Chancellor asked. “Time is…as I have said before…short.”

William turned to look at the metal black stairs that was covered in cobwebs.

“I’m ready.”

“Then ascend,” the Chancellor said, making a dramatic gesture upward.

William started climbing the stairs, leaving his mother and the Chancellor behind. As he went higher and higher into the tower though, he felt as if he was not ascending.

He felt as if he was falling deeper into darkness.

Lance was the next one to arrive at the meeting. The Dragon Master came in with his black boots stomping and his red cape flowing behind him. His red hair was spiked up, and his eyelashes trimmed into a perfect arc. He smirked at Agatha as he walked past her, and then sat across the table from her.

“Good morning Lance,” Agatha said respectfully. Her tone was forced though.

Lance snorted at Agatha, and did not respond.

It was 10:55. The meeting was to start in five minutes.

Lorelei and Bruno were the next ones to arrive. They walked into the golden room hand-in-hand. They were not speaking to each other, but the way their hands tightly gripped one another spoke of their affection more than words did. When they reached the table, Lorelei stood on her tiptoes and gave Bruno a short, gently peck.

It wasn’t an ordinary kiss though. It was a kiss a woman gives a solider before he goes to war.

Agatha looked at Lance who watched them with great malice. This was war.

Bruno moved to sit next to Lance, and Lorelei sat next to Agatha. The Ghost Master gave each of them nods, and they nodded back. Their nods told her they were already supporting her – she did not need to win them over.

It was now 10:57, and Agatha was desperately praying for the Champion to show up. In order to distract herself, she turned to study the other two Elite 4 members.

It was always strange to look at Bruno in a suit after seeing him train and battle shirtless so many times. He did not look as the media had popularly portrayed him in fan art all this time. He had been portrayed as large and buff, with muscles straining against his skin. That was what Bruno’s father looked like though. This Bruno was a different story.

Bruno of Kanto was a thin man, who was slightly taller than everyone he met. But he was by no means not muscular. Muscles lined up every inch of his body, leaving no place fat or flabby. He was not buffed in the extreme extend like his father was, but he still looked dangerous. While his father had looked like as strong as a Nidoking, Bruno looked more like a Scyther. Lethal, dangerous, and deeply intelligent.

Lorelei wore her traditional red blouse and her black skirt. Her skin was marble white in contrast to Bruno’s tanned brown. She wore thin spectacles on her head that helped her see, and her red hair was up in a bun. Though she did not look strong, her ice Pokémon had spoken for themselves time and time again. And, Agatha suspected she was more durable then she let on.

After all – her and Bruno were rebels during the Johto Civil War. And when the previous Johot dictator, Lance, sitting just a few feet away, things were always a little awkward during these meetings.

It was 11:00. The Champion had not shown up. Lance cleared his voice, and spoke to the entire group.

“As his custom, we will give the Champion five minutes to arrive,” he sneered at the empty seat at the head of the table. “If he does not, we will proceed with the meeting with me acting as the head.”

Oh one day Lance… Agatha thought angrily. One day Bruno will be strong enough to beat you again…and when he does…your tyranny over the Elite 4 will be over!

The time passed quickly. Too quickly. What seemed like thirty seconds become five minutes.

“It is now 11:05,” Lance said, grinning. “We will proceed with the meeting without our Champion.”

Agatha felt a chill fill her body. Something horrible was about to happen.

“Agatha – you were the one that forced us all to come here,” Lance said rather rudely to her. “What is your purpose of having this meeting?”

Agatha cleared her throat softly, and then spoke in her wispy, yet strong voice.

“I have reason to believe Jimmy Oak is still alive, and will make a move against the Kanto region.”

Before she could continue though, Lance laughed a cruel, wicked laugh.

“Oh, this ought to be good.”

The horrible chill left Agatha’s body. The bad feeling had passed. This time though, Agatha knew what it meant. It meant she had already lost this meeting. Lance would not advise the government to take action against a possible threat. It would be up to her, Lorelei, Bruno, and her small army of Chancellors.

Yet, Agatha spoke anyway.

“Last night, I had a dream…”

William had reached the third floor of the Pokémon Tower. The second floor had been empty, so he had simply climbed on to the next. But, on this third floor, there was a Chancellor waiting for him.

She stood between rows of graves, blocking his path onward. She wasn’t as old as the elderly woman who had led him to the Pokémon tower. Instead, she was probably somewhere in her mid forties. But she looked as dead and depressed, with stringy brown hair hanging down over her eyes, and cold limbs that moved slowly.

“Are you William Oak,” she asked him, brushing her hair out of her eyes to see him.

“Yes.”

“Then he must battle.” She withdrew a Pokeball from her sleeves, and tossed it into the air. Ghastly, the Ghost and Poison type Pokémon, soared through the air, laughing cruelly.

William unclipped a ball from his belt and he threw it into the air. Desdemona, his Butterfree, came fluttering out, humming softly. Her large, beady red eyes glowed ominously in the purple light the Ghastly emitted.

“Night shade,” the Chancellor said in a dull voice.

“Desdemona, use Confusion!”

Desdemona shot two light purple colored beams out of her eyes that merged into one, and the Ghastly emitted a deeper, darker purple blast that surged towards William’s Butterfree.

The two attacks collided and they cancelled each other out.

“Now, Night Shade again,” the Chancellor commanded, her dull voice barely above a whisper.

“Desdemona dodge it!”

Desdemona fluttered out of the incoming attack, twirling her body aside. The Night Shade however made a U-Turn and slammed into Desdemona’s back.

“DESDEMONA!”

Desdemona shrieked as the force of the attack pushed her to the ground. She fluttered back into the air, but it wasn’t without difficulty.

“Night Shade again.”

“Dodge it!” William cried out desperately. Desdemona this time flew up higher in the air, but the Night Shade followed her their too. She was slammed straight up into the ceiling, where she shrieked in pain once more.

“Desdemona!” William exclaimed. The Butterfree fluttered back down to the mid-air point of the room, but she was breathing heavily.

What am I going to do? William thought. Confusion only cancels out, and the Night Shade attacks follow her wherever she goes…

“Night shade.”

“Confusion!” William exclaimed in desperation. Ghastly emitted his purple blast once more. But Desdemona did not emit her purple beams.

Instead, she emitted a multi-colored beam that shot through the Night Shade and struck Ghastly with full force. The Ghost-type Pokémon was knocked backwards and it fell to the ground where he did not get back up.

“Return,” the chancellor said dully. “You have won. You may now ascend upward.” She stepped out of the way and said nothing else.

Desdemona fluttered over to her trainer and hummed happily.

“Des…was that Psybeam?”

She nodded her body up and down vigorously, clearly pleased with herself.

“That was amazing Des…good job. Let’s use that attack for the rest of the tower.”

William proceeded to walk onward, past the Chancellor and to the next set of stairs. He did not return Desdemona to her ball though, and the Butterfree floated in the air next to William, happy.

Desdemona hummed softly as William climbed the stairs. Despite the depressing area surrounding him, William couldn’t help but smile. Her humming voice was, as always, beautiful.

“…in my dream I saw the streets of Saffron City,” Agatha drawled on, her voice cold. “A horrible battle had taken place, trainers had been struck down by lightning, burned by fire, and frozen by ice. People lined up in the center square and began to chant that Jimmy Oak was their leader. And that was when I woke up.”

“A dream?” Lance asked, smirking. “You called us here because of a dream?”

“It was no normal dream,” Agatha responded coolly. “Sabrina was there. She brought me to it.”

“How do you know you didn’t dream Sabrina there?” Lance asked her, trying to contain himself from laughing.

“I am a communicator with spirits. I have occasionally delved in the Psychic aspect of my mind. I know when dreams are visions of the future. That was a vision. I recommend we advice the government to ready itself in the case that Jimmy Oak returns to power.”

Lance snorted and rolled his eyes, but before he could say anything else, Bruno asked Agatha a question.

“You said trainers had been struck down by lighting, burned by fire, and frozen by ice – do you think that means Jimmy Oak somehow gained controlled of the three legendary birds again?”

Agatha turned her gaze to Bruno and she nodded her head once.

“Yes…I do believe that. Jimmy was always attracted to power – and those birds had power.”

Lorelei bit down hard on her lip.

“I spoke to the sole remaining Articuno after the battle of threes, and I instructed it in ways to avoid being captured by a human again, in order to prevent something like Jimmy ever happening again. I told it the techniques in order to escape from the ball – I even advised her to simply fly high away in order to escape. Articuno went to pass the information along to the other two.” The Ice Master sighed and shook her head. “If Jimmy gets them again…I don’t know how he’d do it.”

Bruno frowned as he thought about it.

“Perhaps Jimmy doesn’t make his return until many years from now – where the legendary birds have laid their eggs and hatched their offspring’s. They wouldn’t have the knowledge. Was there a time frame this vision could be in Agatha?”

“The immediate future is constantly changing, and visions are always only a possibility. Therefore, the time frame of a vision is normally no more than a few months away.”

There was silence across the table for a few seconds. Lance was starring up at the ceiling – bored. Bruno was starring hard at the table, concentrating. Lorelei was studying Bruno while she thought herself.

“So…that means that Jimmy is planning right now…and he could strike at any given day.”

“Yes,” Agatha said. “And that is why it is imperative to advise the Kanto government to take preventive steps against a possible threat from Jimmy Oak.”

Lance looked down at the ceiling and he smiled cruelly at her.

“And that means you’re going to have to convince me darling.”

Agatha met Lance’s gaze steadily, why Lorelei and Bruno glared at him.

“Don’t be a fool Lance,” Lorelei snapped. The Dragon Master rolled his eyes over to the Ice Master. “Agatha has never been wrong before.” Lance snorted.

“First of all, this isn’t coming from Agatha. If what she dreamt really was a vision of the future, than that vision came from Sabrina. That Psychic has spent almost the last two decades locked up in her gym, refusing to come out for anything. She’s gone insane.”

“Secondly, this man is dead. The government reported to us that his body was found –”

“We were one of the ones searching for the body Lance,” Bruno said darkly. “We never found it.”

“But the government has listed him as dead!” Lance screamed at Bruno, losing his cool. “Thirdly, there is no concrete evidence that something sinister is among us in Kanto-” But Lorelei interrupted him.

“Bill is missing. Rain went missing a few years ago. Erika is killed. Team Rocket is running amok, doing all kinds of awful things. The S. S. Anne was sunk. Pewter City was born to the ground. And my brother,” Lorelei began to shriek when she said ‘brother’. “My brother has been missing since his freaking gym exploded!”

“All those disappearances, including Surge’s, do not point to Jimmy!” Lance screamed back. “Jimmy was never one to kill quietly and silently – he murdered brutally and publicly! Jimmy was never one to be involved in petty crimes that Team Rocket have been involved with – he only did things that were grand and large!”

“You’re forgetting Jimmy was smart,” Bruno said, keeping his tone quiet and serious. “Jimmy’s plans failed when he did those things. Perhaps now he is using a more quiet and stealthier approach to reach his goals.”

“No, you’re wrong,” Lance stated simply. “Jimmy would be more elaborate if he was still around. Of that, I am sure.”

Agatha was silent while they argued. She already knew what the end result would be.

“This isn’t about Jimmy,” Lorelei snapped. “This is about you getting revenge against Kanto for coming to the rebels aid in the war in Johto! You know Jimmy is still alive! You believe Agatha just as much as we do. You just want your revenge! You want to see Kanto fall!”

Lance stood up with abruptly.

“This meeting is over,” he snapped to the other Elite Four members. “Using my better judgment, I have decided to not advise the government to take preventative steps against Jimmy.”

With that, Lance began to leave the meeting, taking long strides. But Agatha asked a question in a chilling tone that stopped him in his tracks.

“What did Jimmy promise you Lance?” Agatha stood up slowly, leaning on her cane as she did so. “What did he promise you in return for doing everything in your power to slow us down?”

Lorelei gasped at the sudden implications behind Agatha’s words. Bruno merely stood up, clinching the muscles in his arms, and reaching down to unclip a ball from his pocket.

Lance turned around, but his eyes went to Bruno before going to Agatha.

“You beat me once boy, but things have changed since then. Don’t tempt your luck.” Then, the Dragon Master turned his dark gaze to Agatha. “And are you implying that I’m working with Jimmy?”

“Don’t fool yourself Lance,” Agatha said. “You’re not working with Jimmy, you’re working for Jimmy. My son worked with no one. He resided over others. And while I do believe his methods have changed as Bruno said, that specific aspect of his character will never change. So no, Lance, I am not implying you are working with Jimmy. I am stating that you are working for him.”

Lance was silent for a long moment. Agatha saw his hands twitch a few times towards his belt where he kept his Pokeballs, and she knew he was considering killing her. She made no threatening move though – she merely kept her steady eyes locked on his eyes. Finally, Lance simply stated –

“Prove it.”

And then he turned and walked out of the meeting room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

William took his first step onto the sixth floor of the Pokémon Tower. Desdemona still fluttered by his side, the Butterfree had not shown signs of exhaustion. Her Psybeam attacks had wrecked havoc on Chancellor’s Pokémon.

The sixth floor was mostly empty. There were a few scattered tombstones here and there, but other than that that grimy white floor was clear. A small girl stood in the center of the room; she wore the white Chancellor robes.

“Hello,” she said, in a cheery voice. “You must be William Oak.”

“Yes…” William said slowly. “Who are you?”

“My name does not matter,” the little girl said. She could not be older than seven “Only my service to the dead matters.”

“Yo-you’re a chancellor?” William stumbled, stunned. The little girl smiled a large grin at William.

“You aren’t scared are you? No? Will you should be. The other Chancellors have lost their emotions to their work. I, on the other hand, am still fiery and emotional. I will be the most dangerous force you face in this tower.

“B-but…but you’re just a girl! Shouldn’t you be…playing?”

“My work is fun for me William Oak. I enjoy helping the spirits find their peace, and I’m quite good at it.” The girl walked around the room. Twirling as she pretending to dance like a ballerina. “I haven’t had the pleasure of killing yet, I do so hope one of your Pokémon die.”

“Excuse me?” William asked, stunned by her words.

“Oh, I forget you’re a normal person. You don’t feel and hear the screams of a departing soul. There so beautiful – like the keys on a piano.”

William looked at the little girl who was now looking at him with large pleading eyes – almost like she was begging him to let her kill one of his Pokémon.

“What…what is wrong with you?”

“I could ask you the same thing. Just because we have different views on life and death doesn’t make one of us wrong.”

“Taking pleasure in the death of others is wrong…no matter what,” William stated.

“That isn’t what your uncle believed – is it William?” The young girl asked him. “And Jimmy Oak almost took over all of Kanto. He still might…he still might even take over the whole world…”

“Look…” William said slowly. “Something…something is wrong with you…”

“That’s what Agatha has told me,” the girl said, now playing with a strand of brown hair. “She said there is something wrong with someone like me who refuses to move on…”

“Move on?” William asked her.

“Oh, you haven’t figured it out yet?” The girl asked him. “I’m dead.”

And then, without any warning, the young child morphed into a Haunter. The Haunter screamed viciously and soared through the air straight towards William at tremendous speed. William yelped and stumbled backwards – but he fell to the ground. The Haunter was almost upon him when –

A Psybeam attack sent the Haunter backwards in a single abrupt motion. The Haunter clawed the beam away with its hand.

Desdemona fluttered in front of William and hummed fiercely. The Butterfree’s trainer tried to get back up, but he could not move. The balls on his belt rattled fiercely, but none of his Pokémon could break free. Some force was keeping him completely still.

“Join me in death Desdemona…” the Haunter hissed to the Butterfree. “I can see into your mind…I can see into your soul…I know what you think…I know what you feel…You only wish to love…but in order to keep living…you must hate…” The Haunter’s eyes began to glow a soft purple, and William knew it was using a Hypnosis attack.

“DESDEMONA! LOOK AWAY!”

But it was too late. Desdemona was enticed by the attack. She fluttered in the air, still, frozen by the Haunters’ eyes.

“Let go of life Desdemona…give in to me…give it to death. Die Desdemona…die. If you die…all you have to do is love…you won’t have to hate ever again…you can love…and love…and love…and love…and LOVE!”

The Haunter began to scream as it soared through the air towards the Butterfree.

“DESDEMONA!” William screamed.

The Haunter reached Desdemona, and its claws roughly grabbed her wings. William saw the purple hands tighten on her as it prepared to rip her in half when –

A Purple Beam Shot out of Desdemona’s eyes, sending the Haunter to the ground. There, the Ghost Pokémon slowly faded away to nothing. William felt the force that was compelling him to be still vanish, and he slowly got up. Desdemona turned around to her trainer, and she hummed happily.

“Des…are you alright?” William asked her. She nodded her head in confirmation, and she fluttered close to William’s chest. William hugged his Butterfree carefully.

“Don’t leave me girl…” he whispered softly. “Please…don’t leave me.” He closed his eyes tight, trying to keep from tears coming out.

The two broke away from their embrace, and William turned to look at the final staircase.

“Is that it?” William muttered aloud. Desdemona hum anything; she only shivered as she fluttered backwards away.

William realized she must be sensing the presence of the spirit that was to deliver the prophecy. He returned the Butterfree to her ball, and proceeded to the staircase.

Unlike the other stairs in the tower, this one had been freshly painted. The black marble stairs practically shone in the candlelight. William was careful as he climbed the spiraling staircase to the final floor, but the stairs were steady and strong. None of them creaked.

William did not have much of a wait before he reached the highest floor of the Pokémon tower. The floor was marble black like the stairs, and freshly lit candles lined up the stony walls. William felt like he was in some kind of fairy tale as he looked at the gray stonewalls which resembled a castle.

The ceiling was not but a few feet above William’s head – this final floor was not made to often accompany many people. There were soft blankets and untouched food offerings of the floor.

William’s eyes were drawn to the window ledge. There, was the spirit.

William felt his heart skip a beat, and he feel to his knees, his mouth gaping open.

Percy the Pikachu turned away from the window and smiled weakly at his old trainer.

“William…you came.”
[+] Team's Status
TEAM;
Tybalt (Charmeleon) Level 36
Desdemona (Butterfeee) Level 35
Fleance (Nidoking) Level 34
Brabantio (Ivysuar) Level 28
Virgilia (Wartortle) Level 27
I saw you weren't online, so I went ahead and updated Firestar since I was pressed for time.
Thanks for reading and thank you for all the comments guys! They are what keeps me going! :roll:

Epsi

March 21st, 2011, 1:47 am #251

[+] Spoiler
holey baloney I wasn't expecting HIM.

or maybe I was. I'm not sure.

The Frog

March 21st, 2011, 1:53 am #252

Actually, I was expecting him. I realized who it would be whilst reading the responses to the replies.

Also, wow, Lance is a mega-douche.

Current Run:
Yellow
(Chapter Thirteen, put up Mar 17 2011)(Yes, it hasn't been updated in over a year. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.)
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:

Psyche

March 21st, 2011, 3:46 am #253

Phew... I thought she was going to die for a moment x_x

And Percy! Woo!
[+] Spoiler
BUT WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAAAAN
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

Epsi

March 24th, 2011, 5:43 pm #254

BOB CHECK YOUR PMS I FINISHED IT BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YESS

TrainerBOB

March 24th, 2011, 10:38 pm #255

Before I get into replies, I want to post this amazing thing Epsilon drew for me:
[+] Forever Loyal, A Memorial by Epsilon
YOUAREAMAZINGILOVEYOUEPSILON.
*ahem*
Moving on to replies now...
[+] replies
Epsilon wrote:holey baloney I wasn't expecting HIM.

or maybe I was. I'm not sure.
Actually, I think you were. Awhile ago, you said this:
Epsilon from a different post wrote:"Percy wished now more than ever that his trainer could understand him. Percy wished he could speak the human tongue."

I had caught this earlier, but didn't comment on it at the time, and after chapter 36 I forgot about it altogether.

Were/are you actually going to expand on this quote, or was it just a thought of Percy's?
I think you got my foreshadowing there. Though of course, I was foolish and forgot to supply anyone with the information that Pokemon ghosts could talk (oops), but nonetheless, I got the feeling from you that you got the feeling that I was foreshadowing something...
The Frog wrote:Actually, I was expecting him. I realized who it would be whilst reading the responses to the replies.

Also, wow, Lance is a mega-douche.
Lance is uber-mege-duchiness. More on this later, lol.
Psyche wrote:Phew... I thought she was going to die for a moment x_x

And Percy! Woo!
[+] Spoiler
BUT WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAAAAN
Yeah, I was kind of trolling a bit. :coolface:
And...sadly...its only about to get more confusing. :sweatdrop: lolz, sorry Psyche.
New chapter tonight...hopefully! Sorry I haven't updated in several long days...RL has gotten in the way. In a month or two, I'll be back on a schedule when I update every two days or so.

TrainerBOB

March 25th, 2011, 2:39 am #256

NEW CHAPTER...
It's prophecy time!

Chapter Fifty-One
[+] Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-One: Prophecy

The instant Lance slammed the golden doors behind him Lorelei spun around and exclaimed furiously-

“He can’t do that!”

“He can,” Bruno said, still clenching the Pokeball in his hand and starring at the door Lance had slammed shut behind him. “And he has.”

Lorelei twisted her head to her husband, her eyes wide and her body shaking.

“But…but…”

“With our Champion so passively inactive, Lance can do whatever he wants,” Agatha said coolly. Her eyes were closed and she was leaning on her walking stick. However, a very small smile began to grow on her face. “However…that means so can we.”

The third member of the Elite 4 opened her eyes and started pacing back and forth across the meeting room, her head bent down low.

“We may not be able to get the government to support us – they won’t move until Lance advises them to do so. But, we can further investigate ourselves.”

Bruno nodded in agreement.

“We’re three of the region’s most powerful trainers,” he said. “If anyone can put an end to Jimmy Oak once and for all, its us.”

Lorelei bobbed her head full of red hair up and down several times.

“Yes, there are plenty of others who still know something.” Agatha was, however, looking away guiltily.

“There is something I didn’t reveal at the meeting,” the old woman said in a weary voice. “I didn’t want to reveal it in front of Lance…”

“What is it?” Bruno asked, leaning forward on the meeting table.

“Today…at the Pokémon tower…a Pikachu is giving a prophecy to a trainer…”

There was silence from both the other two Elite 4 members until Lorelei asked-

“…Was it Richard Oak’s Pikachu?”

Agatha shook her head.

“No…it was the Pikachu of William Oak. Richard’s son. My grandson.”

Bruno furrowed his eyebrows together as he thought of this.

“So…this William…you think…you think it will be his destiny to stop Jimmy Oak?”

“Yes,” Agatha said. “I do.”

“That doesn’t mean we can’t help him,” Lorelei said definitely. “I’ll go talk to Articuno, make sure she’s still okay.”

“I’ll go speak to Koga,” Bruno said. “He was on Jimmy’s side once long ago…and perhaps still is.”

“Excellent,” Agatha said, turning to look at the two. Her eyes were shinning with determination. “And I’ll go see my ex-husband. It seems he’s been keeping a secret from me for a very long time…”

----------------------------------------

“Percy…” William whispered again. “Percy…what are you doing here? You don’t….you don’t live here now…do you?”

The Pikachu floated down from the window. His body was gray and transparent. William could see the cold stone wall behind Percy, but it was like looking through a haze. Yet, despite these features, there was life in Percy’s eyes. He was even smiling slightly, though the smile was a sad one.

“No William…” the Pikachu whispered as he silently walked up to his former trainer. “I don’t live here. My home now is a happy place, filled with only light. I am only here to deliver something important to you. I’m here to deliver you the prophecy.”

“Percy…” William whispered, tears were coming to the corners of his eyes. “Percy…I don’t care about the prophecy right now…please…stay a little bit…talk to me…”

Percy smiled at his former trainer.

“I can stay awhile William…but I do not have the energy to remain in the world of life much longer…”

Percy walked up slowly to William, who hesitatingly picked up the Pokémon. He could feel the Pikachu between his fingers. Yet Percy was truly as light as a feather. Carefully, as if William was handling a vase, William placed Percy in his lap. He bent his head down low, almost resting it on the Pikachu’s shoulder.

“I’ve missed you Percy.”

“I’ve missed being with you William…” Percy whispered softly in reply. “But I have not left you. I’ve been watching you…”

“You have?”

“Of course. I love you William.”

“I love you too Percy.” William whispered softly in reply.

The two sat in silent for a few more seconds, neither one of them saying anything. William started crying, and Percy lovingly rubbed his head against William’s shoulder.

“You have to stop blaming yourself William,” Percy whispered softly.

“No! I should have…I should have…”

“Should have done what? Predicted a Team Rocket member might randomly appear out of no where and attack you with a psychic Pokémon? That wasn’t your fault William.”

“It doesn’t matter how unpredictable it was!” William exclaimed. “I should have been ready! I’m the trainer! It was up to me to protect you!”

Percy sighed and shook his head.

“William, you didn’t pick me up and use me as a shield. I jumped in front of you, knowing it would kill me. I chose my death.”

“You wouldn’t have had to if I didn’t exists…” William said, closing his eyes trying to fight away the tears.

“Yes. I also would never have meant a trainer I was meant for,” Percy replied, his voice fading even more. “I love you William, I would have died for you a thousand times over.”

Both of them were silent for a few seconds, and then William asked.

“Should I….should I let everyone else out?”

“No…” Percy said softly. “They want you to have me to all yourself. They know you need to move on.”

“I’m never moving on, I’m never going to forget you Percy-”

“And I’m never going to forget you William, but you have to get a sixth Pokémon for your team,” Percy insisted in a weak voice. “To not get a sixth Pokémon just to honor me is ridiculous, and it is risking everyone else on your team.”

“…I don’t want to replace you Percy.”

“Then don’t replace me. Just add another friend to your heart.”

William was silent for a few seconds, before agreeing quietly.

“Alright.”

The two sat in silence for several seconds longer, before Percy looked up to his trainer and wiggled his ears.

“I need to warn you about something.”

“I’m not ready to hear the prophecy,” William responded, griping his Pokémon tight. “Once you give it to me…you’ll have to go won’t you?”

“Yes, but this isn’t the prophecy. This is something else.”

“…Okay?”

“Val isn’t dead William.”

“What?”

“Valerie isn’t dead.”

“How do you know that?” William asked, astonished.

“She isn’t up there with me,” Percy said softly. “So she must not be dead. Oh…and…neither are Richard or Charlie Oak…”

“What?!?” William exclaimed. “M-my father…he’s still alive?”

“Yes.”

“Well…where are all of them?” William asked, his eyes wide. “Where are Val, and Dad…and…Charlie?”

“I don’t know,” Percy said, frowning. “Being dead doesn’t tell me everything….I just know none of them of them are up there…”

“Could they be…you know…down there?” William asked, raising his eyebrows in concern.

“No…they aren’t…I asked around…and they just never died…”

The two sat in silence for a few more seconds. Then William asked Percy,

“The world is in great danger, isn’t it?”

“Yes it is.”

“I wish you were here to fight with me.”

“But I will be William. You may not see me, but I’ll be there. I’ll never leave you. I’ll remain forever loyal.”

“…It sounds like we’re saying good-bye buddy.”

“I think we must…I have to deliver the prophecy before I go…and I’m almost out of energy…”

Percy jumped out of William’s lap, and floated back to the window ledge.

“Before I go though…” the Pikachu whispered softly, “I want to do something for you…”

The Pikachu tapped a loose stone with his tail, and suddenly the stone started glowing a bright white light. William walked over to it, watching it carefully. The stone slowly faded, and once the light was gone it was revealed the stone had changed colors.

“This…is a thunderstone…” Percy said, his voice even weaker. “It…it will help you…it will help you on your journey…”

“Percy!” William exclaimed. “You’re too weak! You shouldn’t have done this!”

“But I had too…” Percy whispered. “And now…we must bid farewell…as soon as I deliver the prophecy…I’ll start to fade…and I’ll return to above…”

“Percy…Percy I love you…”

“I love you too William…now goodbye…”

And then, Percy’s eyes rolled back into his head, and his entire body started glowing a white light. His mouth opened, and he started speaking again, but it was not his voice. It was a dark, deep voice.

The first shall become the second
And he shall reunite the three again
It shall be up to you, William Oak
To stop him in the fourth battle
After defeating the five
Otherwise, the first shall rule
As the second, controlling the three
Until the end of time.

Percy’s eyes returned to normal, and his body returned to its hazy hue. But no sooner did this happen did the Pikachu begin to fade away.

William stood dumb-founded, the words rocking around in his head. But he managed to scream suddenly-

“Wait! PERCY! What does it mean?!?”

“I don’t know William…” a soft voice whisper. “I only know the words…not their meanings…”

And then Percy was gone.

William fell to the ground, already crying. The emotional trauma was threatening to overwhelm him…

But suddenly the doors to the room burst open and a Chancellor came running in, sweating and breathing hard.

“William! William Oak, please, you must help us!” William raised his teary eyes to look at the Chancellor. “Please! It’s Team Rocket – they’re attacking Lavender Town!”
[+] Team Status

TEAM;
Tybalt (Charmeleon) Level 36
Desdemona (Butterfeee) Level 35
Fleance (Nidoking) Level 34
Brabantio (Ivysuar) Level 28
Virgilia (Wartortle) Level 27

Box stuff doesn't matter right now and I'm lazy and its late where I am. ::P:
[+] A Few Thoughts
So...that prophecy huh? Any guesses? Predictions? Discuss away!

Inflamore

March 25th, 2011, 3:34 am #257

Loved it. Very touching.
[+] Spoiler
William seeing Percy really pulled at my heart. It's obvious he's not going to ever recover fully from the Pikachu's death. But I mean, who expects him to? I have a feeling the Battle of Three is going to repeat itself!
Great update! Can't wait for more! :)
Entertain Us: A Yellow Nuzlocke Run
[+] Spoiler
Will it happen again? I sure hope not. Kanto has seen enough innocent blood spilled. But Fate is never wrong, Arceus forbid. And It has spoken. I'm afraid Kanto is getting ready to witness an age darker than the first time Team Rocket rose to power. But with the darkness comes hope. A small flame, as I have been told. But a flame, nonetheless. And a flame must be fanned in order to grow.

And fan the flame, I shall.

QKNC

March 25th, 2011, 3:44 am #258

[+] Spoiler
Hmmm... I will take a stab at deciphering the prophecy!
"The first shall become the second
And he shall reunite the three again"
Let's see... the first here could refer to the firstborn of Oak's sons (I forgot who that was... Jimmy?) and he becomes second because... uh, I'm not sure, actually. Guessing by Percy's little heavenbound investigation, the three Oak dudes will meet up again.

"It shall be up to you, William Oak
To stop him in their fourth battle"
I have to admit, I have lost track of certain details of the story, including the number of battles between the sons :I

"After defeating the five"
The Elite Four + Chris the champ, I'm guessing. Not entirely sure why William would have a reason to fight them, but maybe that will come up later.
Either that or it could be Giovanni, Koga, Jimmy, and two others.

"Otherwise, the first shall rule
As the second, controlling the three"
So... Jimmy is the first... I guess? Unless there is a twist somewhere and someone else takes control of "the three" :O (aka legendary birds?)

"Until the end of time."
No pressure, William, just the fate of the world as you know it in the balance NO BIGGIE.

The Frog

March 25th, 2011, 5:41 am #259

[+] First Thoughts
Warm And Fuzzy Feelings. Awwwwww.

So, Val's alive (predictable), and the other two brothers are also alive (also predictable).

Thunderstone... Do I predict a Jolteon?
[+] Picking at the Prophecy
wrote:The first shall become the second
Well, that seems to refer to the sons of Oak. Maybe Jimmy somehow shifts his conciousness into one of the others bodies?
wrote:And he shall reunite the three again
Legendary Birds.
wrote:It shall be up to you, William Oak
To stop him in their fourth battle
Fourth? I thought they had only fought once before...
wrote:After defeating the five
E4 & Champ? Or possibly 3 birds & Mewtwo & Mew...
wrote:Otherwise, the first shall rule
As the second, controlling the three
Until the end of time.
Extending the Jimmy Possesion idea, he will effectively rule through another using the Birds. So then what happened to Mewtwo here? Did it just run away?

Current Run:
Yellow
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:

Epsi

March 25th, 2011, 1:21 pm #260

[+] Spoiler
I'll go with Frog's idea, save take out the body possession and insert Chris. That's what I think, anyway.