Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
The Frog
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

March 7th, 2011, 3:01 pm #221

[+] One Thought
Koga on Jimmy's side?
Janine against Jimmy?
Both Ninjas?

I think you see where I'm going with this.
[+] But if you can't...
Epic Ninja Fight!

Current Run:
Yellow
(Chapter Thirteen, put up Mar 17 2011)(Yes, it hasn't been updated in over a year. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.)
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:
Blind White: The Abridged Series (Reached Episode 8)

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

March 8th, 2011, 9:57 pm #222

[+] Replies
Velvet wrote:First off: 'falling out', not 'fall out'. Unless she nuked her dad. Which, given the way Brock reacted to her, may be entirely possible.

...Ick. There's something really, really repellent about the idea that I could reject some douchebag, only for him to go to my own father and have him try to override my wishes. Of course, that's incredibly unlikely, given how my dad actually respects me. Some douche tried that on my family, I get the feeling my father would utterly trounce him.

But Koga's value system is clearly very different. Just how does he view his daughters...? Clearly, he doesn't respect them at all; why else would he be all "You should marry this guy you hate, 'cause I like him!" Sounds like something out of For Better or For Worse... though Jimmy is definitely no Anthony.

...Too bad Koga couldn't become Jimmy's queen, if he wanted that so bad.

So Janine ended up with Oak's Bulbasaur... strange he had only two left. I had thought perhaps each of the sons might have taken one, but that doesn't seem to be the case. (Also, I like the touch of her choosing the starter strong against Jimmy's, as well as the poison aspect.)

...On a side note, thinking about how Koga was a leader at this point reminds me of how you mentioned the G/S run would be a prelude... meaning in this verse, Koga would have been an Elite Four member and... downgraded to Gym Leader? Would that be considered a downgrade? Why would he make such a move? Was it willingly, or were there issues between him and the League...? If the latter, that might also help to explain why he would support Jimmy, and want to see him take over the world...

...Oh, way to go, Oak. Don't see any reason to warn the grandkids that they're on a crash-course with some psycho supporter of Jimmy, eh? Even though the cat's out of the bag already... Well, maybe Janine will be able to get that warning to them. Though... she's trying to reach Will, not Chris... Oh, crap.
Haha, thanks Velvet. Janine didn't nuke her dad, that was just a typo.
And yeah, Koga didn't have much respect for Janine or her rights. He thought he was just doing what was best for his daughter, but he was only looking in superficial terms.

I went and tried to look for a picture of Koga in a dress with a crown on his head, but I couldn't find one. :xd: Well, I found one, but...it was...not really...it was just...wrong.

Koga's history with the Elite four is about to come unraveled in this Part, and I think it will be well liked, and interesting.
Verminator wrote:Wow, I've missed a lot while I've been away over the weekend. And it's all great stuff, Jimmy gets more and more sinister with each chapter.
Thanks Verminator! More sinister stuff to come...
The Frog wrote:Koga on Jimmy's side?
Janine against Jimmy?
Both Ninjas?

I think you see where I'm going with this.
[+] But if you can't...
Epic Ninja Fight!
There will be, of course, an epic ninja fight. In fact, expect one soon. It just won't be between the parties you are expecting. :biggrin:
And now, Chapter 45! It picks off right where 44 left off. This is a short chapter, and maybe kind of fillerish...but absolutely necessary.

Chapter Forty-Five
[+] Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Five: Surrounded

Mr. Silph collapsed onto his bed of his bedroom – exhausted. The man hadn’t come home in several days; he had been working at the corporation to increase speed behind the Master Ball. He had worked straight through many nights.

His eyes closed, and he began to automatically drift to sleep. However, the phone on the table next to his bed started to ring. Mr. Silph groaned, and mechanically moved to pick it up. Very few people knew his home phone number; so it must be urgent.

“Yes?” he muttered across the line. Mr. Silph glanced to the clock on his wrist – it was past midnight.

“Hello Mr. Silph,” a cold, dark voice said over the line. “I’m calling about a business proposition.”

The voice was filled with malice and cruel intent, and Mr. Silph snapped awake, realizing something was wrong.

“Who is this?” Mr. Silph demanded.

“It would be better for you if you did not know my name.” The cold voice responded.

“And why is that?”

“Because then I wouldn’t have to kill you,” the mysterious man sneered at him. Mr. Silph felt chills throughout his body, and snapped:

“Was that a threat?”

“No, it was an ultimatum Mr. Silph,” the man said in a condescending tone – like he was talking to a child. “I can tell you my name if you so want to hear it – but it will result in your death. If you wish to live, then you may prefer to not know my name.”

“I’m hanging up the phone,” Mr. Silph said coldly, “I don’t have time for games.”

“Do you have time for a business proposition that could save your company?” The man asked rapidly before Mr. Silph could put the phone back down. Mr. Silph paused, biting down on his lip. Finally –

“Go on.”

“In exchange for a single item, I can offer you 5 trillion Pokémon Dollars Mr. Silph – which is more than twice what your company was worth before your stock started to drop at a shocking rate.”

“I know what that money is worth,” Mr. Silph snapped angrily.

“Do you really? Do you know that amount is more than enough to save your company – which is failing? Do you know what it can do?”

“Yes,” Mr. Silph snapped again. “You’re not dealing with an idiot.”

“I hope I am not.”

Mr. Silph licked his lips nervously, and then asked:

“What is the one item you want in exchange for this money?”

“Isn’t that obvious Mr. Silph?” The man asked, a mocking edge to his voice. “I want your Mew fossil.”

Mr. Silph felt his heart sink deep into his chest. He fell to his bed, too shocked and startled to stay on his feet for any longer. His eyes were wide, his hand that held the phone shook.

“W-what did you say?” he whispered over the line.

“You heard me,” the mysterious man snapped. “I want your Mew fossil.”

“H-how do you know-?”

“I know a great deal of things that would surprise you Mr. Silph,” the man said. “But…I will admit that this little detail I accidently…stumbled upon…if you will.”

Mr. Silph swallowed nervously. He remembered taking home the Mew fossil to show to his children – just weeks before they vanished. He remembered his children gasping as he explained to them what it was. He remembered his daughter’s eyes widening. He remembered his son making his mouth into the shape of an ‘o’.

It was the only thing he had that reminded him of them.

“No.”

“What?” The mysterious man snapped over the phone.

“No,” Mr. Silph said, more firmly. “The answer is no.”

The man laughed. It was a cruel, dark laugh that bounced around inside Mr. Silph’s skull.

“Fool – I will get that fossil no matter what!” The man exclaimed. “You can either get paid for giving it to me, or you will die for not giving it to me and I will get it!”

Mr. Silph winced at the threat, but he kept his voice steady.

“The answer is no.”

“You fool!” the man exclaimed again. “Do you realize the only reason you’re still alive is because I don’t know where you keep it? If I knew where it was I would have taken it already, and killed you if necessary! But I don’t … so I’m trying to be nice – I’m trying to offer you money in exchange for your so called most valuable object! Give it to me, I will get it one way or another!”

Mr. Silph was still as he closed his eyes. He was not listening to the threats being made by the man over the phone. Instead he was hearing the voices of his children.

”Oh wow dad – this is the coolest thing ever!

“Yeah, I can’t believe you found it!”

“No.”

And then Mr. Silph hung up.

-----------------------------------

High up in the sky, William and Tybalt had just passed over Saffron City, specifically the Silph Mansion that was on the outskirts of the city. The air was cold as it blew into William’s face, but he clung to Tybalt’s body, which was warm.

Before long, they were flying above the grassy plains of Route 8. William looked down to the ground, and for the most part he could only see blackness. However…there was a pocket of light on the ground.

William frowned – was there a possibility that was close to Percy’s grave?

“Hey, lets check this out Tybalt,” William said to his Charizard.

Tybalt growled lowly in response, and then clung his wings together, diving slowly towards the ground, and whatever waited below.

Firestar
Indigo League Champion
Indigo League Champion

March 8th, 2011, 10:27 pm #223

Yes, it was a bit filler-ish, but it's always good to set the scene for the part with the opening chapter. And this certainly did that, with even a slight cliff thrown in there.
[+] Predix
inb4 James encounter at the grave.
Also, please don't kill Silph.[/knows that Silph is a dead man walking regardless of what I say]

Velvet
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

March 9th, 2011, 5:33 am #224

[+] Thoughts on Forty-Five:
Is it really filler if it's vital to the plot? Either way, I liked this chapter.

You've done a fantastic job of really humanizing Mr. Silph. Ironically, while it seems highly unlikely he's going to survive to the end... I'm really hoping he'll pull through somehow. :ohdear:

The touch of the guy making the offer getting really upset and ranting was... interesting. Was he so confident that Silph would accept that he was completely unprepared for a 'no'? They sure lapsed into Evil Theatrics mode there...

As for what Will's spotted... I'm really hoping it'll turn out to be Jade with Eros, partly because it seems... both awkward and somehow fitting that he'd gain his new party member there. Plus, that'd give her a chance to warn Will ahead of time, so Koga doesn't get to pull a Bill or Giovanni and be all "EEEEVIL INFODUMP, SUCKERS!" :coolface:
Still Waters -- A Fire Red Nuzlocke Story Run

Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

March 9th, 2011, 6:25 am #225

Yeah, figured that Silph would say no.

[+] afterthought
"Percy wished now more than ever that his trainer could understand him. Percy wished he could speak the human tongue."

I had caught this earlier, but didn't comment on it at the time, and after chapter 36 I forgot about it altogether.

Were/are you actually going to expand on this quote, or was it just a thought of Percy's?
Hello. Let's play some music.

The Frog

March 9th, 2011, 1:05 pm #226

Hey, I just noticed that William didn't get the Silph Scope after the Giovanni fight. Was that intentional?

And speaking of ghosts...

Current Run:
Yellow
(Chapter Thirteen, put up Mar 17 2011)(Yes, it hasn't been updated in over a year. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.)
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:

TrainerBOB

March 10th, 2011, 3:17 am #227

[+] Replies
Firestar wrote:Yes, it was a bit filler-ish, but it's always good to set the scene for the part with the opening chapter. And this certainly did that, with even a slight cliff thrown in there.
[+] Predix
inb4 James encounter at the grave.
Also, please don't kill Silph.[/knows that Silph is a dead man walking regardless of what I say]
Thanks Firestar - I'm glad you approved despite it's somewhat filleristic nature! :)
It was a pretty big set up for the next chapter...
As far as your predictions and worries go...for now...no comment :wink:
Velvet wrote:Is it really filler if it's vital to the plot? Either way, I liked this chapter.

You've done a fantastic job of really humanizing Mr. Silph. Ironically, while it seems highly unlikely he's going to survive to the end... I'm really hoping he'll pull through somehow.

The touch of the guy making the offer getting really upset and ranting was... interesting. Was he so confident that Silph would accept that he was completely unprepared for a 'no'? They sure lapsed into Evil Theatrics mode there...

As for what Will's spotted... I'm really hoping it'll turn out to be Jade with Eros, partly because it seems... both awkward and somehow fitting that he'd gain his new party member there. Plus, that'd give her a chance to warn Will ahead of time, so Koga doesn't get to pull a Bill or Giovanni and be all "EEEEVIL INFODUMP, SUCKERS!"
Thanks Velvet! I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter, and I'm glad you're (and everyone else) is enjoying Mr. Silph. I find myself liking him a lot too.

As far as the person who is at the camp fire...no comment for now :wink:
Epsilon wrote:Yeah, figured that Silph would say no.
[+] afterthought
"Percy wished now more than ever that his trainer could understand him. Percy wished he could speak the human tongue."

I had caught this earlier, but didn't comment on it at the time, and after chapter 36 I forgot about it altogether.

Were/are you actually going to expand on this quote, or was it just a thought of Percy's?
Well, well Epsilon...
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Very keen eyes :wink: For now...that's all I can say...
The Frog wrote:Hey, I just noticed that William didn't get the Silph Scope after the Giovanni fight. Was that intentional?

And speaking of ghosts...
Oh yes! Thanks The Frog, I forgot to say this - but the Silph Scopes aren't really present in this run. I mentioned them being stolen in passing earlier, but their function is not the same in this story arch then in the game. All they are is just another invention of the Silph Company that was stolen, and thus the lost investment is hurting the stocks. That is the only plot relevance they have - those scopes will not make another appearance.
I wanted to post a chapter tonight since I won't be able too tomorrow...but...I couldn't finish it. RL stuff is making it hard to write.
It'll be up Friday though :)
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Expect the unexpected ;)

QKNC
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym

March 10th, 2011, 4:16 am #228

[+] Spoiler
I am kinda hoping that Mr Silph doesn't die (like every other passerby that got caught up in this). I kinda like him :<

That aside, I am looking forward to the Silph Co shenanigans. Also, unless I'm incorrect, Sabrina hasn't been mentioned in any preface yet even though she is the next gym leader that William has to beat. Hmmm...

Also... reading through the replies, I am now curious as to the strange light by Percy's grave.

Epsi

March 11th, 2011, 6:10 am #229

Wouldn't expect anything less.
Hello. Let's play some music.

TrainerBOB

March 12th, 2011, 1:44 am #230

Update time. But first, replies!
[+] :)
QKNC wrote:I am kinda hoping that Mr Silph doesn't die (like every other passerby that got caught up in this). I kinda like him :<

That aside, I am looking forward to the Silph Co shenanigans. Also, unless I'm incorrect, Sabrina hasn't been mentioned in any preface yet even though she is the next gym leader that William has to beat. Hmmm...

Also... reading through the replies, I am now curious as to the strange light by Percy's grave.
I decided to take of Fushia City/Koga before heading to the Silph Co/Sabrina. :smile: That Alakazam has me terrified, and I want as much as EXP as possible before battling Sabrina. :ugh:
But I do have something huge planned for Part 7, where both the Silph Co shenanigans and Sabrina take place...
Epsilon wrote:Wouldn't expect anything less.
Thanks Epsilon!
And now...update!

Chapter Forty-Six
[+] Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Six: Surprise Attack

Thump

Surge jumped to his feet, and pulled out a knife from his pocket. His right hand grasped the knife so tight his knuckles turned white. His left hand curled into a fist. Every muscle in the former gym leader’s body clenched as he stared out into the darkness that surrounded the camp.

Surge’s Raichu stood at his feet, with cheeks sparkling with electricity. The electric Pokémon leered at the surrounding area, and hissed when he could not see anything.

The sleeves of Surge’s green shirt had been torn off. His pants had many scratches in them, and they were blood stained in several places. A bandage was messily wrapped around his bulking arm, and it too was stained with blood. Dirt clung to his yellow hair, and his eyes were wide and red.

“Who goes there?” He screamed out in the darkness of Route 8. “I SAID WHO GOES THERE DAMNIT!”

There was a slight pause, before a timid voice called back-

“Surge?”

“Who is it?!?” Surge screamed, his head twisting towards the voice. “Identify yourself before my Raichu gives you the old electric chair treatment!”

The Raichu growled in confirmation.

“It’s me – William!” The timid voice yelled back. Surge’s eyes widened even larger in surprise, but he did not lower his knife.

“Come into the light!” Surge commanded.

There was a flash of red in the darkness of someone recalling a Pokémon, and then there were a few seconds of silence. But then, slowly, William emerged into the firelight, with both hands in the air.

“See?” William said as calmly as possible. “It’s just me.”

Surge relaxed as he return the knife to his pocket, and the Raichu collapsed onto his back letting out a long sigh.

“Raiiiiiiichuuuu.”

Surge strode up to William, and gave him a hand shake that shook his entire body.

“Glad to see you’re still alive kid,” the former gym leader said as he let William go and sat down besides the fire. He motioned for William to do the same.

“Thanks Surge, same for you,” William said, as he sat down on the ground next to the fire. “You’re doing alright though? You don’t look too good.”

“I’m fine,” Surge said, his eyebrows pressed together. “I’m more worried about you William.”

“What do you mean?” William asked.

Surge, who was watching William carefully, jerked his head to his left, and William followed the motion.

There was Percy’s tombstone. The white stone jutted in the air, still strong. The plants inside the cracks had grown out a little bit more, showing more life than there was before. William has inscribed the word ‘Percy’ above Nidoking’s claw marks before leaving the grave.

William let his head droop down, and he didn’t respond.

“I’m so sorry kid – what happened?”

“Team Rocket.” William said, his voice coarse and rough.

“Those bastards?” Surge asked, a dangerous fire sparkling in his eyes. “Was it random or were you targeted?”

“Targeted,” William said slowly. “I’ve screwed with their plans…now twice. They’re not too happy about that.”

Surge nodded slowly as he considered what William’s words. The former gym leader changed topics, leaving the thoughts of Percy behind. He could tell William did not want to really talk about it.

“I’ve been tracked and targeted by several Team Rocket trainers – I think they possibly could be in league with Jimmy,” William raised his head up slowly to look at the gym leader. “Did you learn anything from your attack on their base?”

William winced slightly.

“So you heard about that?”

“Yeah – it’s been difficult for me to be in towns but I’ve managed to grab a few papers occasionally.”

William nodded slowly, and then said softly.

“I meant their leader. He knew who I was. He claimed to know who my father was.”

Surge watched William carefully, and then asked him –

“Did he say what his name was?”

“Yeah, he said it was Giovanni.”

Surge shook his head softly, and sighed.

“Sorry William, I’ve never heard of a Giovanni.”

William bit down on his lip, and then quickly offered,

“Yeah, but…but maybe this Giovanni guy is working for Jimmy?” Surge looked doubtful, but the ex-gym leader shrugged.

“Could be.”

The two sat in silence for several minutes, neither of them sure what to say next. William’s eyes kept wandering over back to Percy’s grave, and Surge was staring deeply into the fire.

“Hey,” William suddenly said, pulling his eyes back to Surge. “Want to see something cool?”

Surge turned to look at William, and he raised his eyebrows.

“Sure?”

William grinned as he unclipped a Pokeball from his belt, and pressed the center button. There was a white flash, and a Wartortle came popping out. Virgilia stretched and yawned, surprised to be woken up from her sleep. Then, she saw her former trainer, whose eyes had widened considerably in shock.

Virgilia squealed, and a huge grin broke out on her face. She ran forward, stumbling like a toddler, and she jumped into Surge’s chest.

“Hey!” Surge exclaimed, both surprised and happy as he wrapped his arms around his old Pokémon. “You’ve evolved!”

“War-war!” Virgilia said in between squeals.

“I’m so proud of you girl,” Surge said, as he gently scratched her head. William watched, smiling a happy, content smile.

“Wow William, I’m impressed,” Surge said as Virgilia jumped out of his arms, and started dancing with the Raichu. “She’s strong, and has been trained well.”

“Thanks Surge, but I can’t take much credit for it. She’s an amazing Pokémon, and a great friend.”

Virgilia and Raichu were holding hands as they twirled around in circles. Surge laughed – an emotion that clearly hadn’t come on his face in many days.

But it was then, suddenly and unexpectedly, that the two Pokémon stopped dancing. Both of their ears were pricked into the air, and their heads were looking out into the darkness. Their eyes were wide and curious.

Surge stood up, and slowly drew the knife from his pocket. William stood up with the gym leader, looking both nervous and scared. The former gym leader slowly walked around the fire, and stood at William’s side.

Both trainers stared out into the darkness.

“Alright,” Surge said, calling out. “Our Pokémon have already heard you…whoever you are. You might as well come out.”

“RAI!” Raichu screamed suddenly.

William felt a heavy force suddenly at his side, and he feel sideways to the ground, gasping in surprise when he hit the ground.

He looked up, only to see the Surge had been the one to push William aside. Surge’s right arm was still parallel to the ground, holding up where William had been mere seconds ago. But, jutting out of his arm, was a star-shaped metal object. Blood dripped down and landed on the grass with soft plops.

Surge grunted as he brought his arm close to his body, and jerked the thing out of his arm. William stayed on the ground, afraid to move.

“Shit!” Surge exclaimed as he examined the thing. “It’s a hira shuriken – we’ve got ninjas!”

“What?” William asked, stunned.

There was a hum through the air, and Surge brought his knife up to his face in a flash with his left hand. Another hira shuriken had been thrown through the air, but this one bounced harmlessly off Surge’s knife.

“Raichu – use flash!”

“RAI…CHUU!” Surge’s Pokémon screamed, as Virgilia watched on in worry.

The electrical pouches on Raichu’s cheeks started to sparkle with electricity, and then a powerful burst of light was unleashed. Raichu’s entire body stayed illuminated, sparkling in the night. Yards upon yards of the previous darkness that surrounded the campfire were suddenly illuminated.

Fourteen black-clad ninjas surrounded Surge and William – all of them with two Pokeballs on their belts, and a hira shuriken in their left hand.

“Get up William!” Surge snapped. William stumbled to his feet, unclipping balls from his belt and letting out his Pokémon. They all came out awake, roaring and ready for battle. They had heard the commotion from inside their balls.

“Got any guns?” William asked Surge, eyeing the fourteen ninjas nervously. They had all clipped off Pokeballs from their belts. The only part of their body visible was their mouths, which were all twisted into cruel smiles.

“No, used all my damn ammunition on useless Rocket grunts,” Surge said, his eyes moving from side to side.

The fourteen Ninjas then moved in unison as they let their Pokémon out. Buzzing Beedrills and screeching Venomoths flew through the air, swarming in the sky above William and Surge.

“Well, well,” Surge said, as he drew another knife from his pocket, now holding one in each hand. “Looks like we’re heavily outnumbered.”

“What do we do?” William asked, feeling small and insignificant. Tybalt, who was near William snorted and rolled his eyes. Surge couldn’t help himself. He laughed.

“We give ‘em hell.”

And all at once everyone moved.

Ninjas rushed forward, sprinting with their legs far in front of them and their bodies low to the ground. Most of them swarmed Surge, their primary target, but a few headed for William.

Desdemona, the Butterfree, flew straight up into the sky, into the giant swarm of Beedrills and Venomoths, her eyes gleaming purple, and her humming voice shrieking a fierce battle cry.

Tybalt beat Desdemona to the swarm, and from the Charizard’s jaws came a fiery torrent of flames that left no receiver alive.

Brabantio was twisting his body side to side as the Ivysuar let out a current of sharp pointed leaves with edges that pieced deeper then the ninjas’ hira shurikens.

Virgilia and Raichu were a team – they worked together as they fought off Beedrills that dropped down from the sky. Raichu zapped the ones that Virgilia managed to stun with her Bubblebeam attacks.

Fleance was William’s personal guardian. The Ninjas were faster then he was, but they were nowhere near as strong. When the Nidoking managed to literally tear the first one that got close enough in half, the other Ninjas became much more cautious. Of course, slowing down only led to their deaths quicker…

Surge flashed his two knifes through the air, cutting through skin and occasionally slashing with enough force to cut off limbs. The metal of the knives were harder and sharper than any normal steel or iron. This metal was from the deceased body of a Steelix.

Within three minutes of the battle starting, dead Beedrills and Venomoths littered the ground, along with the bodies of six dead Ninjas. Five of the remaining Ninjas were circled around Surge, watching the gym leader carefully as he spun around in circles. The other three were standing several feet away from Fleance, who was still standing in front of William. They were all waiting for another to attack the Nidoking first.

Desdemona shot down a Venomoth with a Confusion Attack. A Beedrill silently zoomed up behind her, its stingers poised to drive right through her wings…

Desdemona spun around, and shrieked in panic when she saw the Beedrill was almost right on her. But then, flames sent the Beedrill shooting up high in the air, only for its then blackened body to fall back to the ground. Desdemona turned her head around and nodded appreciatively in the direction of Tybalt, who was already shooting flames off at a different Pokémon.

Back on the ground, a ninja suddenly sprinted forward towards Fleance, and then jumped in the air at the last minute, attempting to get over the Nidoking and reach William.

But Fleance jumped in the air as well, and the Ninja slammed right into the Nidoking’s chest. He fell backwards, already knocked unconscious. But Fleance grabbed the ninja before he could hit the ground. Fleance swung the ninja and threw him like a projectile, hitting and temporarily stunning the remaining two Ninjas. Fleance rushed forward, claws extended, ready to finish them off…

William tore his eyes away from the bloody mess Fleance was making and looked to Surge. He was starring at the five circling Ninjas with mad eyes, gripping the two bloody knives in his hand so tight his knuckles had turned white.

“Virgilia! Help Surge out!” William yelled.

Virgilia looked away from the sky and to Surge, and let out a cry of despair. She nudged Raichu’s shoulder, and the two Pokémon sprinted for the fight between the former gym leaders and the Ninjas.

The Ninjas had not heard William give the order, and they all rushed in at once to Surge. Virgilia sent two to the ground with a Bubblebeam attack, but three more rushed in on Surge…

“DO IT RAICHU!” Surge screamed, as he poised his knives at the incoming Ninjas.

Raichu jumped in the air, and he let loose a wicked Thunderbolt that shocked and hit all three Ninjas and Surge. All of them let out cries of pain, and feel to the ground, spasming and shaking. William rushed over, but was careful to not get close, as to not let the shock transfer into him. Raichu watched his gym leader next to William, his eyes wide and full of worry. William’s other Pokémon gathered around. The battle was over, the ninjas and their Pokémon had lost. Coils of steam still came out of Tybalt’s mouth. Nidoking’s claws dripped with blood. Desdemona drooped near William’s left shoulder, her mind exhausted. Brabantio had his vines out and was comfortingly patting Virgilia on the shoulder, who was crying.

Within a minute, the three ninjas stopped moving. Their bodies lay still as they rested on the ground.

But Surge stood up, still shaking slightly, as steam rolled off his body.

“N-nice job Ra-ra-ichu,” Surge said, grinning. “Y-yo-you’re st-i-still get-et-ing str-on-onger.”

“Surge!” William exclaimed, as he cautiously shook the gym leaders hand. “You’re alright!”

“Yeah, I’ve dealt with plenty of shocks before kid,” Surge said. “A little one like this from Riachu aint going to do nothing to me.”

Surge let William’s hand go, and William returned most of his Pokémon. He kept Fleance out, who was going around and making sure all the ninjas were really dead and not just faking.

There were no survivors conscious. A few had been knocked out, but Fleance ended their lives as quickly and as painlessly as possible. Surge had said there must be no survivors and no one could know about the attack. It would not help them uncover Jimmy at all and it would only draw more unnecessary attention to William.

Surge walked up to one of the dead ninjas, and he tore the black facemask off. The ninja’s face was plain, with pasty white skin and brown hair. He looked young – late teens.

“Just what I thought…” Surge mumbled under his breath. William walked over to the former gym leader, and he frowned.

“That guy looks as young as I am.” Surge turned to William, and responded.

“He is. Koga sent a bunch of young, unknown trainees after me. He didn’t want any big shot, well-known ninja bodies showing up in case an experienced team failed – it would make the police and others look at him rather suspiciously.” Surge’s eyes returned to the dead ninja, searching for something in his face.

“Koga sent this team after you?” William asked, raising his eyebrows. “The gym leader?”

“That is what I believe,” Surge said darkly.

“But why?” William asked, furrowing his eyebrows together.

“I believe Koga has always worked for Jimmy. Jimmy obviously wants me dead, but he’s too busy to take care of me himself. So, he’s got his number one henchmen to do it for him. But apparently…Koga’s too busy to do it too.” Surge was still looking down at the ninja’s face, frowning as he studied him.

“I’m challenging Koga next,” William said, looking worried.

“You’ll be fine kid,” Surge said. “Just be careful. This attack was targeted for me, you just happened to be here. But, I’m sure Koga would be just as glad to give your head to his master as he would be to give mine.”

Fleance walked over to William and grunted in confirmation that all the ninjas were dead. William returned his Nidoking to his ball.

“Aha!” Surge said, as he reached down to the trainees face. He pulled out a black earpiece from behind the ninja’s ear.

“Hello Koga,” Surge said into the earpiece that he held in his hand. William’s eyes widened as he looked at the earpiece, half scared it would respond. “Next time you want me dead, come face me yourself, you pathetic coward.”

And then, Surge’s hand closed on the black earpiece, crushing it with his fist.

--------------------------------------

Many miles away, Koga smiled as he heard the static sound come out of the radio set on his desk.

“Oh Surge,” the gym leader said as he grinned wickedly. “You should be careful what you wish for.”
[+] A Few Disgruntled Thoughts
My thoughts on this chapter are mixed. Parts of it I kind of liked, while other parts I completely hated. I feel this chapter did not meet me normal standard, and I've struggled to write it all week.
My perception could be off right now - this week has been hell so I'm kind of tired. Hopefully I'll be more awake tomorrow. But, as of now, this is what I thought...

I'm worrying that my style of describing battles could be getting stale, as it's feeling similar to me. I'm worrying that some of the dialogue between William and Surge came across as forced, and that REALLY bugs me, since I have come to love Surge's character. And I'm worried that it ended to quickly too. I wrap up the rest of the night quickly and get started into the next day in the next chapter, but it still feels like I left something off.

I don't know...either my perception or my writing is just off right now. Y'all be the judges and let me know. I hope at the very least the appearance of Surge along with the Ninja fight was kind of surprising.

Also, there wasn't a change in the team status, so there isn't one at the end of this update.
Thanks again for following and commenting everyone :) Y'all are the best!

Verminator
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym

March 12th, 2011, 2:07 am #231

Man, ninjas? I thought this story was meant to be believable. Everybody knows that ninjas aren't re-

[+] Spoiler
Your subconscious is lying to you. The dialogue remains of a great quality and your battles are fine. This one had ninjas. NINJAS! The thing is, the thing that might be making them feel a bit samey to you is that you've done a whole bunch of these massive melées involving tons of Pokémon. They're good, but If I were you I'd try scaling things back down to one-on-one, to change the pace again, which I suppose you'll have to do that anyway as you enter the stretch of game where there's lots of gym battles and tougher trainers. By the way, this isn't Verminator talking. Verminator's dead. This is Silent Viper from the Serpent Fists clan, and I'm here to tell you that Master Hochoru is watching to make sure you give us ninjas a better rap next time. We only give one warning.
Hey! Verminator doesn't advertise!
Except for here.
[+] Spoiler
Banner by Kynim, whose art is currently being investigated as a possible cancer cure.

TrainerBOB

March 12th, 2011, 1:38 pm #232

Verminator wrote:Man, ninjas? I thought this story was meant to be believable. Everybody knows that ninjas aren't re-

[+] Spoiler
Your subconscious is lying to you. The dialogue remains of a great quality and your battles are fine. This one had ninjas. NINJAS! The thing is, the thing that might be making them feel a bit samey to you is that you've done a whole bunch of these massive melées involving tons of Pokémon. They're good, but If I were you I'd try scaling things back down to one-on-one, to change the pace again, which I suppose you'll have to do that anyway as you enter the stretch of game where there's lots of gym battles and tougher trainers. By the way, this isn't Verminator talking. Verminator's dead. This is Silent Viper from the Serpent Fists clan, and I'm here to tell you that Master Hochoru is watching to make sure you give us ninjas a better rap next time. We only give one warning.
Thank you very much Master Hochoru - I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for the kind words, I went back and reread this chapter when I woke up this morning and I found I liked it more than I originally did. I still would have worded a few things differently, but over all I'm satisfied with it now.

I think you nailed the battles thing straight on - describing the huge melees is getting cumbersome and repetitive. The next few chapters will have some normal battling in them - hopefully my battling-writing-style has improved enough so they'll be more interesting. There is another giant melee coming up though...but hopefully there will be enough normal battling before it so it will come across as fresh.

And I'm sorry for Verminator's death, hopefully he left an outline of the rest of his run some where so it can be finished...I'm dying to know what happens next. :wink:

And I'll keep that warning in mind...Ninjas will be feared and respected in my run!

TrainerBOB

March 14th, 2011, 6:13 pm #233

It's mini plot-bomb time.

Chapter Forty-Seven
[+] Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Seven: Dropping In

The sun was just now peaking over the horizon and into the training room of the Fuchsia City Gym.

But Koga, the gym leader, had been training there already for several hours.

He kicked a punching bag over and over again. He wore his normal workout uniform – no shirt, and a pair of loose pants. Koga was old – past fifty by several years. Yet he still had a perfectly fined tuned chest. His hair upon his head was black. It had not yet begun to gray or white. His eyebrows were large and busy, and his mouth was always either set in a frown or a cruel smile.

Koga twirled in the air, and kicked the punching bag twice before landing softly again. He did not wear any shoes or socks, even though his feet were blistered from standing on the raw concrete of the training room for so long. His eyes were thin and determined.

“HIYA!” He yelled out as he suddenly punched forward with as much force as he could muster. His fist struck the punching bag with enough force to send the bag to the ground, torn off from the string that hung it in the air.

“As always, you are quite impressive my friend.” A cold voice said from the entrance of the room.

Koga turned around, raising his bushy eyebrows. He responded in an equally cold voice.

“And, as always, you make quite a dramatic entrance.” Koga bent his upper body forward, bowing before Jimmy Oak.

“Thank you – I do try.” Jimmy said, smiling cruelly, as he strode into the room. He wore a simple suit.

“How is it going,” Koga asked him, as he offered his sweaty hand to be shaken.

“Decent. Unfortunately Mr. Silph refused my offer as you predicted.” Jimmy said as he shook Koga’s hand with his cold, clean one.

“I see. I too have bad news. Surge managed to fend off my little army – as you predicted.” Jimmy smiled. Koga gestured to the seats in the corner of the room, and the two made there way over to them.

“Perhaps we should manage each others operations,” Jimmy said as he took his seat. “It seems we are right about the ones we do and wrong about the ones we don’t.”

“But where’s the fun in that?” Koga asked, smiling slightly. Jimmy laughed – a dark, cold sound that one heard in black caves.

“You always have an interesting outlook on things my friend.”

“Why thank you. But I know you – you’re a practical man, you never make idle visits.” Koga said, as he rubbed his hands together. “What do you need? I cannot get you Surge’s body yet – since he escaped my ninjas I now have no idea where he is or is going next.”

Jimmy made a dismissive gesture.

“Don’t worry about Surge for now. Stay here and play your role as a gym leader.”

Koga raised his eyebrows, and indicated for his master to elaborate.

“There are two trainers heading to your gym right now – if Sabrina’s sight is correct. One of them will be here in a day or so, and the other will take about a week.”

“What do you want me to do with these two trainers?” Koga asked.

“Allow the first one to defeat you,” Jimmy said. “Don’t kill any of his Pokémon. You may have the opportunity. Don’t take it.”

Koga nodded slowly, and did not ask why. He knew there was a reason. There was always a reason.

“And the second?”

“The second will beat you – Sabrina has already seen that,” Jimmy said. “But you may have the ability to kill some of his Pokémon. Take it. Kill as many as you can. Don’t let him walk out of here with an easy fight.”

Koga nodded slowly, and said softly.

“I will do as you say Jimmy.”

“Thank you Koga.” Jimmy stood up to leave. His visits were always blunt and quick. “I’m very busy – as you can imagine.” Koga frowned and nodded. Jimmy had not enlightened Koga to what exactly he was planning. He only said that no one would be able to stop him from ruling Kanto once his plan was complete.

“What are these trainers’ names?” Koga asked. Jimmy paused from the threshold of the door to the training room, and looked back around.

“The first one is Chris Oak. The second is William Oak.”

“Oaks?” Koga asked, surprised. “Either one of them wouldn’t happen to be related to me – would they?”

“Yes,” Jimmy said simply. “They are actually both your grandsons.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You shouldn’t have come.” Brock said as he carefully climbed over a large pile of rubble. He poked his stick around, making sure there were no dead bodies inside.

“But I did.” Misty said, as she climbed over the rubble next to Brock. She wore a simple running outfit, and a hood over her head. A pair of orange sunglasses covered her eyes. No one had recognized her as Misty the gym leader.

“It was too dangerous.” Brock said angrily, as he climbed down from the rubble and walked on the rocky path of Pewter City. He had been helping with the cleanup of the city for several days now, but there was still so much to do.

“Bill was killed in his own house,” Misty said calmly. “I think its safe to say no where is safe. I could easily be killed in my own gym, just as easily as I could be killed in the wild.”

Brock shoved a boulder out of his way. His face was tense and angry; his eyes were narrowed slits.

“Brock – talk to me.” Misty said, grabbing the rock-gym leader’s arm. “Why are you angry? Its not because I left the ‘safety’ of my gym. Something else is bugging you.”

Brock spun around to Misty, and she was taken back by the roughness in his face. He hadn’t washed in a day or so – dirt clung to his normal brown hair. His tan skin was sunburned, and his eyes were red.

“Look around you!” he snapped. “My city has practically been burn to the ground! I’m the gym leader – I’m supposed to be able to stop something like this from happening!”

Misty was still, as Brock turned and stalked away angrily. However, she regained use of her legs, and caught up to him.

“Hey! Hey wait!” Misty called out to him as she ran to catch up. “You were outnumbered, any other of gym leader who have suffered the same fate!”

Brock spun back away, angry again. But Misty’s calm, blue eyes cooled him, and his stiff body relaxed. He stayed standing there, his head bent low.

“I’m scared Misty,” he said softly. “I’m scared for me, for you, for the whole world. This was all exciting a few weeks ago – you, Bill and I were investigating a great mystery. You and I were on a quest for revenge. Bill was on a quest for glory. But…now everything is real. Bill’s dead. The city is burned to the ground. And Jimmy could be coming for us at any moment. Seconds, minutes, hours, days…weeks…who knows.”

Misty stood very close to Brock as he spoke, looking at him with concern in her eyes.

“Do you want out Brock?” she asked him softly. The Pewter City gym leader shook his head fiercely.

“No – I want to find that bastard more than ever now.” Misty reached out and she took his hand.

“Don’t worry Brock,” she said softly. “We’ll get him. And then everything will be okay.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William hated Lavender Town.

It hadn’t changed much since he had left it. Every building was still horribly depressing. The dying grass still crunched beneath his feet. The wind still played a sad song in the air.

William walked through the town, keeping his head down. He remembered the parting words Surge had given him early that morning. They had left the campsite long before the sun had risen up.

Walk the rest of the way, Surge had said. The last thing you want to do is make a dramatic entrance. And believe me – with that Charizard of yours, it will be a dramatic entrance if you fly in.

Williams shuffled quietly through the town, trying his best to keep his head down low and stay unnoticeable.

You’re a celebrity now William, Surge had said. So do your best to stay out of sight. If anyone recognizes you, you’ll have to get out of there quick.

William headed for the Pokecenter – the only building with any color to it. But somehow, even the red paint seemed depressing. The building needed a new paint job – the red had faded over the years.

William entered the building, slowly and carefully, hoping not to be noticed. Fortunately for him, everyone’s attention in the Pokecenter was to a woman who had just stumbled in before William. She lay stretched out on the ground, covered in dirt and cuts. Her brown hair was dingy, and her clothes were torn in several places.

Three nurses were trying to help her stand up, but she was too weak.

William stood away from the scene at the entrance to the room. He felt like he knew the woman from somewhere. Her back was too him at the moment, but she looked familiar.

The woman, who was halfway to standing up, fell back to the ground. Her body twisted over, and her face faced William.

The trainer gasped, and William rushed forward, exclaiming loudly-

“MOM!”
[+] Thoughts
Remember, while I have laid a few clues out, I have yet to reveal who Chris's parents are :wink:

Anyway, this chapter was kind of fillerish, but there was some cool plot in it.

Also, sorry it took me so long to get it out, especially for how short it was. To be honest, I was just being lazy. :xd: Sorry, I hope it doesn't happen again.

drakhun
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym

March 14th, 2011, 7:49 pm #234

Lazy happens, but cool chapter.

To be honest though Surge would have no trouble with Koga. Surge is a soldier, he know's how to fight, ambushed or not. Koga's little more than an assassin, a mafia hitman. Sure he can lay an ambush, but unless he kills on the first shot he's screwed, and since he doesn't seem the type to use a gun, he's gonna be way too close to get in undetected unless he gets lucky.
Drakhun's Leaf Green Story - Two professional gamblers are setting out to once again conquer Kanto, and one has taken an extra bet, to conquer the League while doing the Nuzlocke Challenge

Badges 3
Deaths 1

NathanS

March 14th, 2011, 8:25 pm #235

Kind of had a feeling she was going to at least getting beat up if she when she left Pallet...
The World of The War

Up to Chapter Three, Part Five
Fight at The Gym

Psyche
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

March 14th, 2011, 11:03 pm #236

Finally got around to catching up, and I'm glad I did :D
[+] Spoiler
The chapters with Mr. Silph always make me feel bad ;-; Poor guy, and now he's probably going to die too.

And ahhh Jade x( At least Eros will get officially introduced to the party.
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

The Frog

March 14th, 2011, 11:20 pm #237

[+] Spoiler
And then you made me think William and Chris were brothers.

And then you made me not. Did Erika marry one of the other brothers?

...I'm asking the questions you want me to be asking, aren't I? You're gonna pull something, aren't you?

:derp: :roll: :infinity:

Although, if Erika was Chris's mother, she would have at least considered it possible that Chris was her son, and yet she still showed no mercy.
Maybe Jimmy raped Erika at some point? That would also explain her running away as soon as he was born. That's the only explaination I can think of.

Current Run:
Yellow
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:

Verminator

March 14th, 2011, 11:46 pm #238

Well, that's certainly one piece of the puzzle that's fallen neatly into place.

I may have to wait for one or two more before it all starts to clear. Anyway, you made the Koga fight sound ominous, which is totally understandable when I think about the trouble that bastard has given me before. I'm not sure how different he is in Yellow but I still don't see him being easy. Fleance and Desdemona have to be the go-to team members here.
Hey! Verminator doesn't advertise!
Except for here.
[+] Spoiler
Banner by Kynim, whose art is currently being investigated as a possible cancer cure.

QKNC

March 15th, 2011, 7:29 am #239

[+] Spoiler
The fuck is up with this family tree.
... well, actually, it is delightfully dysfunctional :U I have no idea what is going to happen or who Chris's parents are, so I'll just guess that shit's going to go down. And that is the extent of my deductive reasoning.

That Brock and Misty scene reminded me that those characters existed. Definitely curious about how they'll play out their roles in the story. And just one little thing that wouldn't stop bugging me --

"He wore his normal workout regime - no shirt, and a pair of loose pants."
I don't think you mean regime here, outfit or uniform, maybe?

TrainerBOB

March 15th, 2011, 4:06 pm #240

[+] Replies! :)
drakhun wrote:Lazy happens, but cool chapter.

To be honest though Surge would have no trouble with Koga. Surge is a soldier, he know's how to fight, ambushed or not. Koga's little more than an assassin, a mafia hitman. Sure he can lay an ambush, but unless he kills on the first shot he's screwed, and since he doesn't seem the type to use a gun, he's gonna be way too close to get in undetected unless he gets lucky.
Thanks drakhun!
Surge is fairly badass, which more of will be shown in the future :)
NathanS wrote:Kind of had a feeling she was going to at least getting beat up if she when she left Pallet...
Yeah, the rode was pretty tough, but she covered it fast! She's fine...for now that is :wink:
Psyche wrote:Finally got around to catching up, and I'm glad I did :D
[+] Spoiler
The chapters with Mr. Silph always make me feel bad ;-; Poor guy, and now he's probably going to die too.

And ahhh Jade x( At least Eros will get officially introduced to the party.
Yay Psyche! I'm glad you're enjoying it!
[+] And...
Sadly for Mr. Silph, his pain is only beginning....
The Frog wrote:nd then you made me think William and Chris were brothers.

And then you made me not. Did Erika marry one of the other brothers?

...I'm asking the questions you want me to be asking, aren't I? You're gonna pull something, aren't you?

Although, if Erika was Chris's mother, she would have at least considered it possible that Chris was her son, and yet she still showed no mercy.
Maybe Jimmy raped Erika at some point? That would also explain her running away as soon as he was born. That's the only explaination I can think of.
Yes Frog, you are asking all the questions I want you to be asking. :biggrin:

And I'm not going to pull something...I'm going to pull many things :wink:

As far as your theory goes...we'll see! :)
Verminator wrote:Well, that's certainly one piece of the puzzle that's fallen neatly into place.

I may have to wait for one or two more before it all starts to clear. Anyway, you made the Koga fight sound ominous, which is totally understandable when I think about the trouble that bastard has given me before. I'm not sure how different he is in Yellow but I still don't see him being easy. Fleance and Desdemona have to be the go-to team members here.
Thanks Verminator!
And while I haven't actually battled Koga yet, I am anticipating it to be one of the toughest battles yet. I'm not looking forward to it. :ohdear: Here is his yellow team:
Level 44 Venonat
Level 46 Venonat
Level 48 Venonat
Level 50 Venomoth
They also ALL know Psychic and Toxic. Two know sleep powder.
So, Psychic pretty much means I actually can't use Fleance, who is quite possibly my strongest Pokemon. I have a strategy in mind for Koga, but I don't want to post it yet. Don't want to post any spoilers :wink:
But it will be a very tough battle.
QKNC wrote:The fuck is up with this family tree.
... well, actually, it is delightfully dysfunctional :U I have no idea what is going to happen or who Chris's parents are, so I'll just guess that shit's going to go down. And that is the extent of my deductive reasoning.

That Brock and Misty scene reminded me that those characters existed. Definitely curious about how they'll play out their roles in the story. And just one little thing that wouldn't stop bugging me --

"He wore his normal workout regime - no shirt, and a pair of loose pants."
I don't think you mean regime here, outfit or uniform, maybe?
Lol, thanks QKNC. It is delightfully dysfunctional.

And that's what I was hoping to do with Brock and Misty. The both play semi-important roles later on, yet they don't really appear in the game. So, I'm having to make stuff up and write it in.

And you're right! I'm not really sure what I was thinking with regime....:laughing: