Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
Entice
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym

March 2nd, 2011, 3:47 am #201

[+] Thoughts.
You scared me for a second with the evolution, my first though was poison, but when you described his flame going out, I knew for sure what happened. I like how you described that, and I think that making each evolution unique is a really good idea.

You better not lose Des, she's my favorite character after Percy. :<

Also,I noticed very few errors, actually I think I only spotted one, but it was very minor. (I can't remember what it was, I read this before dinner.)

I love how you portrayed Erica's death, it takes a lot to give me goosebumps, and you've done so several times already.
I can't wait to see how you manage to get the Gym badge, and I also can't wait for the Giovanni fight.

I'm also curious to see what Jimmy will pull off next, I'm hoping it will be both terrifying and epic at the same time, somehow I don't think the S.S Anne's really gone... but I guess we'll see in time.

Also, I had a dream last night that you updated and everybody died... let's hope I don't go all Sabrina on you. D:

Anyways, I would write a longer review, but my dad wants the computer, so NEXT TIME MAYBE.

Keep up the good work, this story is awesome and you should feel awesome.
My computer sucks.

Velvet
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

March 2nd, 2011, 5:42 am #202

[+] Thoughts on Forty-Two:
A bit of a curbstomp battle against the grunts, despite their continuing to not play by the rules. Again, it really sucks for their pokemon, since I don't think they signed up for a career with Team Rocket... let alone such a short-lived one.

Tybalt wanting to pursue makes me worried about what path he's going to take. Even if William manages to pull himself away from the darkest roads, will all of his team be able to follow...?

Des had better not die. She seems to have stepped in to partly fill the void left by Percy when it comes to emotional support.

...Why such attention paid to Jessie's appearance? And why mention the makeup? Though it seems odd that she's trying to add years to her face...

James is pretty much doomed in the long run, isn't he? Heck, I could see Giovanni or Jimmy (if Jimmy learns about what happened) killing James just to deny Will his revenge...

Jessie seems significantly smarter than him. She knew enough to keep their team from getting slaughtered, and had the presence of mind to escape. Although... given Giovanni's comment last chapter, I almost wonder if their battle was staged to lure him into the office...?

...Aaaannnd so much for rescuing Erika. No big surprise. Wish I could feel sorrier for her, but I'm still worried about... well, just about everyone else. (Not James. James can go ha... ahh. Poor choice of words.) :sweatdrop:
Also, Esplion, your image made me crack up. Is that DiNozzo? Looks like we know who's going to be handling the clean-up -- after Gibbs smacks the focus back into him.
Still Waters -- A Fire Red Nuzlocke Story Run

The Frog
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

March 2nd, 2011, 9:24 am #203

Hello. I am Frog. I just spent the last 6 hours catching up on your story. If you check my timezone, that is the half the night. The second half.

I regret nothing. This is epic, you are epic, and I can't wait to see what else you have in store. My own run can't even hope to hold a candle to this!
[+] Thoughts on C42
I don't think Erika even knew where Jade was. Not that it matters now, what with Jade being on the move again and everything. Also, yay Charizard! It was one of my favourite pokemon when I was growing up and I still have a soft spot for it, although Mew is my favourite Gen I pokemon overall (Castform is my very favourite btw).

Current Run:
Yellow
(Chapter Thirteen, put up Mar 17 2011)(Yes, it hasn't been updated in over a year. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.)
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:
Blind White: The Abridged Series (Reached Episode 8)

Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

March 2nd, 2011, 6:16 pm #204

Velvet - yeah, that's DiNozzo.

I have a feeling that Giovanni possibly has recruitment on the mind - if he could convince William that he is no better than any other Rocket for killing all those pokémon - William already has to keep convincing himself that it's self-defense, not intentional.
Hello. Let's play some music.

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

March 5th, 2011, 1:08 pm #205

Sorry it took me so long for this update - but finally, here it is!
But first-
[+] Replies!
Entice wrote:
[+] Thoughts
You scared me for a second with the evolution, my first though was poison, but when you described his flame going out, I knew for sure what happened. I like how you described that, and I think that making each evolution unique is a really good idea.

You better not lose Des, she's my favorite character after Percy. :<

Also,I noticed very few errors, actually I think I only spotted one, but it was very minor. (I can't remember what it was, I read this before dinner.)

I love how you portrayed Erica's death, it takes a lot to give me goosebumps, and you've done so several times already.
I can't wait to see how you manage to get the Gym badge, and I also can't wait for the Giovanni fight.

I'm also curious to see what Jimmy will pull off next, I'm hoping it will be both terrifying and epic at the same time, somehow I don't think the S.S Anne's really gone... but I guess we'll see in time.

Also, I had a dream last night that you updated and everybody died... let's hope I don't go all Sabrina on you. D:

Anyways, I would write a longer review, but my dad wants the computer, so NEXT TIME MAYBE.

Keep up the good work, this story is awesome and you should feel awesome.
Thanks Entice - the evolution was a bit of a troll, and I figured it would make a few people panic. Not that I intended that or anything :coolface:
Velvet wrote:
[+] Thoughts of C42
A bit of a curbstomp battle against the grunts, despite their continuing to not play by the rules. Again, it really sucks for their pokemon, since I don't think they signed up for a career with Team Rocket... let alone such a short-lived one.

Tybalt wanting to pursue makes me worried about what path he's going to take. Even if William manages to pull himself away from the darkest roads, will all of his team be able to follow...?

Des had better not die. She seems to have stepped in to partly fill the void left by Percy when it comes to emotional support.

...Why such attention paid to Jessie's appearance? And why mention the makeup? Though it seems odd that she's trying to add years to her face...

James is pretty much doomed in the long run, isn't he? Heck, I could see Giovanni or Jimmy (if Jimmy learns about what happened) killing James just to deny Will his revenge...

Jessie seems significantly smarter than him. She knew enough to keep their team from getting slaughtered, and had the presence of mind to escape. Although... given Giovanni's comment last chapter, I almost wonder if their battle was staged to lure him into the office...?

...Aaaannnd so much for rescuing Erika. No big surprise. Wish I could feel sorrier for her, but I'm still worried about... well, just about everyone else. (Not James. James can go ha... ahh. Poor choice of words.)
I think William's team will follow him no matter what path he chooses to take, though truthfully I'm not completely sure how it will develop. Some of those things happen on their own, so I'm both excited (and scared) to keep writing to find out what happens.

The general conception is that everyone doesn't what Des to die. She has proven her extreme usefulness in the Rocket base, so...
I really hope she doesn't die too :ohdear: Plus, next to Fleance, she may be my favorite Pokemon character.
As far as James and Jessie go...they will continue to be crucial plot characters. Much more crucial then you are guessing :wink:
I didn't feel too sorry for Erika myself, soooo :sweatdrop: lol.
The Frog wrote:Hello. I am Frog. I just spent the last 6 hours catching up on your story. If you check my timezone, that is the half the night. The second half.

I regret nothing. This is epic, you are epic, and I can't wait to see what else you have in store. My own run can't even hope to hold a candle to this!
[+] Thoughts of C42
I don't think Erika even knew where Jade was. Not that it matters now, what with Jade being on the move again and everything. Also, yay Charizard! It was one of my favourite pokemon when I was growing up and I still have a soft spot for it, although Mew is my favourite Gen I pokemon overall (Castform is my very favourite btw).
Thanks Frog! I am so glad you decided to read and catch up! I always love getting a new follower! :)
And you are completely right - she didn't know at all.
Epsilon wrote:I have a feeling that Giovanni possibly has recruitment on the mind - if he could convince William that he is no better than any other Rocket for killing all those pokémon - William already has to keep convincing himself that it's self-defense, not intentional.
All shall be revealed in just a few lines now!
And now...

Chapter Forty-Three
[+] Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Three: Giovanni

William forced his eyes down from the dead body of Erika and to the man who was sitting behind the desk.

Questions exploded through William’s mind when he looked into the gleeful eyes of the man in the suit. He asked the first one that came to mind.

“Who are you?” The man smiled at William and closed his eyes. Then, speaking in a cold voice, he said slowly,

“Please William Oak…call me Giovanni. I am the leader, the boss, the King of Team Rocket.”

“What did you call me?” William asked, his heart still in his stomach at the name Giovanni called him.

“Oh yes, I know about your little family secret,” Giovanni said, opening his eyes. The man stood up, and walked around the desk slowly. He was wearing a black suit, a pair of black pants, and a pair of black shoes. Behind his suit he wore a white dress suit, and he even wore a crimson red tie. Even his receding hair was black. As he walked around the desk, he talked in a slow menacing voice. “I know who you’re father really is. I know who your mother used to be. I know who your grandfather is. I may know more about you then you know about you. Funny – isn’t it?”

Giovanni had reached the front of the desk, and he leaned back against it with his arms crossed over his chest. Besides the slightly receding hair, there was no quality about the man that made him look much older than a twenty-something year old.

“You don’t know the first thing about me!” William snapped, angry.

Giovanni shook his head and looked up to the oscillating body of Erika above him. The office the two of them stood in was long – Giovanni was about ten yards away from William.

“Do you know who she was?” Giovanni asked William, still looking up at Erika.

“She was Erika, the city’s gym leader. And you murdered her.” William said, his voice cold and accusing.

“Is that all you know her as?” Giovanni asked, chuckling. “Oh William…she’s your aunt.”

William felt like a truck had slammed into him. He blinked, surprised, and then he instantly rejected the possibility of the words Giovanni said.

“No, that’s not true.”

“Hasn’t Janine told you anything?” Giovanni asked William, smiling at the trainer.

“Who?”

Giovanni rolled his head back and let out a cruel, long laugh.

“Your mother hasn’t even told you her name isn’t really Jade?” The man laughed some more, filling the room with the wicked, cruel sound while William’s face turned red with anger.

“You’re lying to me.”

“Oh am I? From the way I hear it, you’ve been lied to your whole life. It’s only the past couple of weeks you’ve been hearing the truth. Why should the words I say be any different?”

William couldn’t answer him. A small voice in his head was asking – could it be true? Was it possible that there was one more thing that his mother and Professor Oak had not told him?

“W-why did you kill her?” William asked, his voice stuttering.

“She refused to tell me where your mother is.” Giovanni stated simply. “I’ve been looking for Janine for many years now. You see, I have this unquenchable thirst for revenge

“What the hell did my mother ever do to you?” William asked, his voice angry.

“She did what I could not,” Giovanni said, without showing any expression. “You see William, I’ve always been a successful person – I don’t take it well when others accomplish things I failed at.” Giovanni looked up to Erika again, and then he said in a soft voice, “There were other things too…but…”

“But what?” William demanded. Giovanni looked down to William, and smiled.

“That is one question I will not answer today William.” Giovanni reached into his pockets and pulled out a fist that was closed upon something. “What do you plan to do now William? You’ve ransacked my base, and you’ve killed several of my followers and many Pokemon. No doubt police officers are poking their heads into this base quietly and slowly right now – I’m sure fleeing Rockets have caused quite a scene in the outside city. So…what do you do? Kill me? Or try to have me arrested.”

“You’re going to jail Giovanni,” William said, doing everything he could to keep his voice tough. “I won’t allow you the pleasure of dying a quick death by my hands.”

Giovanni smiled.

“You should know William, that I don’t go down without a fight.”

William unclipped a ball from his belt, and enlarged it with one press of a finger. Giovanni turned his hand around, revealing three minimized Pokeballs in his hand.

“I’ll win this fight Giovanni.” William said, as he raised the ball high in the air.

“Yes, you will,” the leader of Team Rocket said with a smile. “But at what cost?”

----------------------------------------------

Jade walked out of the trees of the Viridian Forest, keeping her gaze steady and far ahead. She wore a simple purple shirt that nicely fit the curves of her body. Around her hips clung a loose pair of jeans, and on her feet she wore a pair of worn, old tennis shoes.

Eros, the Eevee was curled in her arms, resting. The Pokémon had done well inside the labyrinth wilderness; he was already becoming stronger.

Jade hadn’t stopped walking since she left her home in Pallet Town a few short hours ago. She had walked the paths before; none of it was new to her. And she was, after all, an experienced trainer.

She had not caught any more Pokemon, even though she had several opportunities. It was just her and Eros.

“Ee?” The Eevee said, looking up to his trainer. Jade smiled warmly down at her Eevee, and said in a soft voice,

“We’re almost to Pewter City Eros. After that, we’ll head into Mt. Moon, and from there we’ll reach Cerulean City.”

“Eeeee,” the Eevee whined. The poor Pokemon was tired, and he showed it. He had battled many wild Pokemon to keep his trainer safe in Viridian Forest, and though she was able to restore him thanks to the Potions she had brought along, he was still tired.

“I’m sorry,” Jade said. “It’s just we can’t risk staying in towns. I promise we’ll stop and make camp somewhere for the night.” The Eevee sighed, but shook himself. He would do anything for his trainer.

Jade walked on, deep in thought. William was in Celadon City, so all she had to do was get through Mt. Moon, and then into Cerulean City. From there, she would follow William’s footsteps into the Rocky Tunnel. She would then reach Lavender Town, and from there she would travel to Cerulean. It was an odd path to take; it would be safer and easier to go from Cerulean to Saffron but…she did not want to stray anywhere too near to Sabrina, the psychic. She did not trust that Gym Leader. Taking the risk of Rocky Tunnel was probably worth it.

“EE!” The Eevee shrieked suddenly, twitching and fighting in Jade’s hands.

“Eros, what’s wrong?” She asked, looking down at her Eevee. Eros jumped suddenly and unexpectedly out of Jade’s hands and sprinted forward towards the path that led to Pewter City.

“Eros, what are you doing?” Jade said, as she ran after the Pokemon Professor Oak had given her.

And then Jade saw what Eros had seen in the sky.

Smoke.

Pewter City was on fire.

--------------------------------

“Let’s go, Kangaskhan,” Giovanni said, letting out his first Pokemon. The brown kangaroo Pokemon came bursting out of a ball. The Pokemon had a black-like helmet on her head, and had three sharp claws on each hand. She landed on the white floor of the office with a thump, and screamed a horrible screech.

“Were is her baby?” William asked, upon making the realization that her pouch was empty.

“I took it from her and killed it,” Giovanni said simply. “It was in the way.”

“You’re sick,” William said, disgusted. He threw up his ball in the air, and let lose his Nidoking. Fleance roared as he came out of the ball, and he banged his fists on his chest in rage.

Giovanni stood in front of his desk at one end of the long office, looking relaxed and calm. His mouth was curved upwards in the smallest of smiles.

William stood in front of the door that led into the office, about ten yards away from Giovanni. The office was serviving as a spontaneous battle field.

“Mega Punch Kangashkan.” Giovanni ordered simply.

“Get ready Fleance!”

Kanghaskan charged towards Fleance, bringing her fist back as she readied the attack. Fleance stomped both his feet on the ground, making indents in the floor as he readied for the attack.

Kanghaskan finally reached Fleance, and she punched her first forward with as much force as she could muster. But Fleance unexpectedly twirled out of her way, and then grabbed her tail as her momentum carried her past him.

Throwing her by her tail, Fleance slammed her into the wall, making the entire room shake with tremors. Fleance then pulled the Kanghaskan back into the air by tugging at her tail, and he performed a Double-Kick attack on her by jumping in the air and punching both feet forward.

The Kanghaskan was slammed backwards into the same wall again. She fell to the ground, where she shook but could not get back up.

“Well done,” Giovanni said, clapping. “Now finish her.”

“No,” William said. Fleance backed away from the fallen Kanghaskan, and stood next to William. “Call her back – you lost this round.”

Giovanni merely smirked as he held up a ball and let out a Nidorino.

“I’ll leave her to die William. A slow death is a more fitting punishment for losing.”

--------------------------------------

It was, of course, Team Rocket.

Jade ran through the streets of Pewter City next to her Eros. People ran screaming in all kinds of different directions, while houses where burning down to the ground. Some trainers had water Pokemon out that where spraying down the buildings with Water Gun attacks. Other trainers were dueling Team Rocket members in the streets and allys. Some were winning.

Most were losing.

Where was Brock?

The question rang through Jade’s head. Why wasn’t he stopping this? Where was he?

She raced to the gym, Eros running just a step behind her. She had to find him, and…help him. Something must be going wrong if he wasn’t there.

The gym was not hard to find. It was one of the few buildings that was not set on fire.

Jade burst through the cold doors of the gym, and ran inside to the rocky interior.

The first thing she saw was Brock.

He was on the ground on his knees in the center of the gym. His hands were bound behind his back, and his feet were tied together as well. A few Pokeballs lay on the floor in front of him. Ensuring the Pokeballs were metal contraptions that kept the balls from opening, even though they shook fiercely.

Three men in all black stood behind Brock, smirking at the gym leader, who was shirtless. One of them had a whip in his hands.

“Surrender your allegiance to Team Rocket, or else!” The man cracked down a whip on Brock’s back, and the gym leader moaned in pain. But he managed to say through locked teeth –

“Never!”

“Stop this!” Jade cried out, as she took another step forward from the threshold of the gym. Eros came with her, the small Eevee chirping loudly in protest along with his trainer.

The three Rockets looked up from torturing Brock, and smiled at Jade.

“Well, well boys, looks like we’ve got ourselves a pretty one,” one of the Rockets said, as he crackled his knuckles together.

“Yeah, she looks feisty too,” another one of them said turning his head onto his shoulder while he examined her.

“What do you think Brock will do if I rape one of his citizens?” the third ask, playing with the whip in his hands.

“Who says you get to have her?” The first Rocket asked.

All three of them laughed. Jade was not amused, she stood at the entrance to the gym with her fists at her sides, waiting. She knew she would get the chance to show them who she really was…

“How about this,” the third said. “Which ever one of us get to her first can have her?”

“I like that plan,” the second said. “I am faster then you two lumps after all.”

Jade stood still, waiting for them to dare approach her.

“Come at me then,” she said in a low voice.

“NO!” Brock screamed from his spot on the ground. “Run!”

Jade ignored him, and she stood her ground as the three Rockets approached her, all of them wearing large grins. She took a few steps forward, and allowed them circle her. Eros stood by her side, the small Eevee spinning his head back and forth between the three of them.

Jade waited – knowing she would easily defeat them.

She was – after all – Janine Oak.

“Desdemona – let’s go!”

The Butterfree flew out of her ball at William’s command, and she fluttered in the air. Fleance stood next to William, watching anxiously.

“Confusion attack!” William ordered.

Desdemona’s eyes turned the color purple, and she blasted a Confusion attack towards the Nidorino that was on the ground. The Pokemon tried to jump out of the way, but he could not move fast enough.

Nidorino was blasted backwards through the air, past Giovanni who did not flinch as his Pokemon flew past him. The Nidorino became embedded into the wall behind Giovanni, and the Pokemon did not move from that spot.

“Well, well William,” Giovanni said, still smiling. “You’re doing very good. I’m down to only one Pokemon now.”

“You’re not as nearly as tough as you think you are Giovanni,” William said as he recalled Desdemona. “You’re actually pretty weak.”

“Oh William…” Giovanni said as he held up his last ball. “If only you knew what I had in plan…”

The first Rocket came at Jade from the left.

Moving with sudden and easy grace she tripped the Rocket onto the ground. He feel face forward onto his stomach, and the Jade stomped her foot straight down onto his neck.

A horrible cracking sound filled the air. She had hit the exact right spot with the exact amount of force to break the Rocket’s neck.

He was dying now.

“Who’s next?” Jade asked, a fire burning in her eyes. The remaining two Rockets exchanged surprised looks, but they quickly shrugged it off as beginner’s luck. They were not yet scared of this woman who appeared so weak and fragile.

They would be soon.

The next Rocket came at Jade straight on, screaming as he ran forward. Both arms were raised in the air in order to tackle her and bring her down.

Jade jutted her right fist out at the last minute when he reached her, and punched him in the stomach, stopping him in his tracks. She then brought her right knee up, effectively punching him in the crotch.

He made a painful ‘oh’ sound.

But Jade was not done yet.

With her left fist, she punched him across the top of his head, and his eyes rolled backwards and the Rocket fell to the ground, unconscious.

Jade looked up to the remaining Rocket, and she blew away the brown hair that was dangling down in her eyes with a sharp breath.

The Rocket’s face was red with anger and his eyes were wide with fear. He raised his hand that held the whip high in the air and he cracked it at Jade.

Jade raised her own hand in the air, and let the whip strike her. However, she forced the whip to curl around her arm, and…

She stood there, grasping the whip that was curled around her arm with her free hand. The other Rocket held on to his end of the whip, his eyes wide with surprise.

Jade gave the whip a heavy tug and the Rocket began to falter as he lost his balance. Just when he looked he might be regaining his balance, Eros sprinted forward and tackled the Rocket in the knees.

The Rocket fell backwards to the ground, and he let lose the whip. Jade gave the whip a tug and it flew into her hands, now under her command. She cracked the whip on the ground, and walked towards the Rocket.

He was already unconscious though. His fall to the heavy rock ground had knocked him out. But Jade cracked the whip on his chest once all the same – for good measure.

Brock stared at her in shock, his mouth gaping wide open.

“W-who are you?” He asked her, his voice stumbling. Jade ignored the question as she rushed over to him, and began to untie the knot of ropes that bound his hands. Eros followed his trainer, and began to gnaw at the ropes at Brock’s feet. Eros finished before Jade did, and then he went to help her.

When Brock was finally free, he stood up slowly and wobbly. Jade held his forearm tightly, and she helped him stand up.

“You’re her aren’t you?” Brock said, looking at her in wonder when she released him.

“Come on Brock, we have to help the rest of the town.”

“You’re Janine Oak?” Brock asked her, his eyes wide. The gym leader suddenly dropped to his knees again, bowing before Jade. “I am honored to be in your presence…”

“Brock – more than half of that god damned bloody town is on fire outside!” Jade snapped as she removed the metal contraptions from his Pokeballs on the floor. “Now is not the freaking time!”

She let lose the last Pokeball, and then turned and sprinted towards the door with her Eevee, not checking to see if Brock was following her.

Brock picked up his Pokeballs in great haste – but he was not scared like he had been several minutes ago.

He knew it was all going to be all right. Janine Oak was here. She was going to save the day.

“Go Persian,” Giovanni said, tossing a Pokeball in the air from his relaxed position. The long, white, feline Pokemon came walking into the room, hissing and spitting at William.

“You know what to do Fleance,” William said, his eyes calm and controlled. The Nidoking roared as he ran from William’s side and at the Persian.

Giovanni’s cat jumped on top of Fleance, clawing and scratching at the Nidoking. But his skin was too tough in order to be damaged. He tore the Persian off of him and he sent the Pokemon hurtling into a wall.

The Persian fell to the ground, and did not get back up.

Giovanni stood up from leaning against the desk, and he recalled all three of his Pokemon.

No need to leave the police too much evidence, Giovanni thought silently to himself. Then, he very slowly started clapping.

“Very well done William…you are so very much like your father indeed.”

William did not call back his Nidoking. The Pokemon stayed out, watching Giovanni carefully.

“You’ve lost Giovanni,” William said, trying to keep his voice controlled.

“That depends what you’ve considered a loss,” the man said, smiling still. “Over all, I consider this base and its operation a complete success.”

“Doesn’t matter now Giovanni,” William said, tired of his words games. “You’re coming with me now.”

“Oh no. I’m not done yet,” Giovanni said, chuckling. “Trust me William, a good, old friend of mine is just about to pop in.”

Suddenly, without any warning, an Alakazam was standing on the desk next to Giovanni. The Alakazam put his hand on Giovanni’s shoulder and –

They were both gone.

William stood there, in complete shock. He had battled through an entire Team Rocket base, he had been forced to kill countless Pokemon, he had seen, and was still seeing, a dead body of a woman who was possibly his aunt, and he had just defeated the leader of Team Rocket.

And for what?

Nothing. Giovanni had gotten away. James had gotten away. Erika was dead.

William collapsed to his knees, the sudden feeling of exhaustion beating down on him.

He had failed.

Brock recalled his Onix, and looked to Jade in wonder. A legend was right there, next to him. He had battled next to a legend. She, a legend had helped save the town.

Team Rocket had been driven out of the city thanks to the leading efforts of Jade and Brock. When the citizens realized they heavily outnumbered Team Rocket, the invading villains did not stand a chance.

Most of Pewter City had been burned down. The last, remaining fires were being put out, but they were small and did not threaten to spread to other places.

Jade was kneeling on the ground and applying a potion to her Eevee. The Pokemon had fought well in the battle, despite being new and young.

She was truly as good a trainer as Brock had been told.

“Why now?” Brock suddenly said, looking at Jade. “You disappeared so many years ago – why did you suddenly reappear here, today?”

Jade turned from her Eevee and looked to Brock.

“I’m trying to help my son. He’s in grave danger.”

Brock was silent for a moment.

“Is William your son?”

“Yes.”

Brock was silent once more. He turned and looked at the city around him, trying to find the right words to ask his next question. But before he could, Jade told him bluntly,

“I’m leaving now Brock. If you value my life, tell no one I was here. For those who saw me, tell them you didn’t know who I was – just a trainer passing by.”

Jade turned to leave, walking away slowly with Eros walking at her side. Finally, Brock realized he had to ask the question no matter what way it was worded.

“Please…what is he planning?” Brock called to her. Jade stopped and turned around. Brock was looking to Jade with pleading eyes. “I just want to find him…and stop him. Please…he killed my father.”

Jade’s eyes were sympathetic, but she could not answer his question.

“I’m sorry Brock…I don’t know where he his, what he is planning, or what he is doing,” Jade said in a sad voice. “All I know is…Jimmy Oak is still alive. And he still wants to kill me.”
Thank you to Firestar for editing this prior to my posting of it!
[+] A Few Thoughts
Yeah, I know Giovanni doesn't have a Kanghaskan in Yellow, but...I didn't want to try to explain him battling with an Onix in doors :sweatdrop: So I made a small switch.

Anyway, sorry Jade didn't interrupt their fight. That would have been fairly awesome, but she was too far away to have made it in time.

This battle may seemed like a little slow, but...Giovanni didn't really care about it. He had watched and observed William's battle strategy on the cameras for several long minutes, and now he was ready to get out of there. But not before doing some damage to William's head.
Guesses and Speculations? One more chapter of Part 5, and then we're done with this part. I'm beginning Part 6 outline today. Chapter 44 may be posted mid afternoon!

The Frog

March 5th, 2011, 2:48 pm #206

[+] Thoughts
Well first of all, Giovanni is a bastard coated bastard flavored bastard served with bastard sauce.

Second, I thought Janine was a gym leader, but the way Brock reacted to her you'd think she was elite four, or even champion.

And about the Kangaskhan: If I were evil, I'd hold its baby hostage. Killing it would have the parent either after my blood or losing its will to live, wheras if it knows its child will die if it screws up it will fight harder.
[+] Spoiler
(Wait a sec, I just realised thats basically the plot of the thirteenth movie right there. Oh well.)

Current Run:
Yellow
(Chapter Thirteen, put up Mar 17 2011)(Yes, it hasn't been updated in over a year. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.)
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:

drakhun

March 5th, 2011, 2:58 pm #207

Kid needs to get a gun with all the people out to get him.

All and all wow, I just finished reading all of this, and have to say you are quite excellent with scenery and characterization, and your combat has been getting better as time has gone on. Des and Fleance are particularly amazing.

Good luck, I hope somehow we see Val again, and I hope we get to see Jimmy and Giovanni fall.
Drakhun's Leaf Green Story - Two professional gamblers are setting out to once again conquer Kanto, and one has taken an extra bet, to conquer the League while doing the Nuzlocke Challenge

Badges 3
Deaths 1

Velvet

March 5th, 2011, 5:33 pm #208

[+] Thoughts on Forty-Three:
See, THIS is why it's such a bad idea to keep secrets like that for so long. They always come out in the most damaging fashion possible.

Giovanni: "Oh hai I know more about you than you do. Also say hi to to your aunt. She can't say hi back, obviously." :coolface:
Will: "You're a lying liar who lies!"

If the theories about Giovanni possibly being Oak's errant middle child are true, it certainly makes a lot of sense that he knows all this... though he might just have THAT GOOD of an information network. (Then again, why wouldn't he already know where Jade was if that was the case? Unless he was just trolling Erika before murdering her...)

"She did what I could not"...? And what would that be? Breaking Jimmy's spirit and turning him to the side of EVIL...? Or something else...?

...I hope the police don't give William too much crap about his solo assault. He's going to be feeling shitty enough about Erika's death without some idiot cop implying he made the wrong choices.

Jade sure is pushing hard. Hopefully that won't bite her in the butt in the long run... and poor little Eros.

OH SHI-- rocks can burn. Who knew? :ohdear:

Wow, Giovanni, baby-killing? Seriously? You'd think he might want to take the baby and raise it separately, just to see what happened... and to keep metaphorically dangling it over the mother's head. Unless the helmet helps him keep control of her somehow, I'd expect her to go "SCREW YOU" at some point and turn on her master...

And he sure doesn't give a damn about the lives of his team, either... not to mention is being entirely obvious about wanting to force Will to kill again.

Taking on three Rockets at once with a single, exhausted Eevee...? Wow. (Also, I find it interesting she thinks of herself here as 'Janine Oak' -- the name she hated along with the surname of the professor she views as a coward and the eldest monster. But then again, she was also Janine Oak, wife to the man she loved...)

Giovanni is entirely obvious with the whole 'Hur, hur, if only you knew about my grand secret plan'... Then again, we the audience have already heard his plan to lure Will into a false sense of security to make him more vulnerable in the future. Doesn't mean it's clear to Will... :ohdear:

...Oh, hey, she DOES have leet ninja skills. Badass. Small wonder Brock seems so awed... even though she was totally right to call him out on it.

(And what is it about people being so quick to judge, anyway? First Will and Chris are getting judged because OMG they're Oaks and Oaks have apparently got the EVUL genetics going on. Then Misty goes from 'Will is evil' to 'Will is my savior ♥', and now Brock is all 'Janine will SAVE US ALL~' They aren't mythical figures, gods or demons; they're HUMAN.)

He who fights and runs away, lives to try and break Will's mind and spirit another day, apparently. :angry:

Okay, so Jimmy wants to kill Jade. Or at least she thinks that's what he wants -- but if she thinks so, she probably has damn good reason to think so. Did something more happen between them beyond Jade rejecting him...?

Firestar
Indigo League Champion
Indigo League Champion

March 5th, 2011, 5:45 pm #209

I'm going to save my analysis on this chapter till after chapter 44 is up, considering I just checked it. :roll:

Epsi

March 5th, 2011, 6:43 pm #210

Besides all the necesary violence, this was a very informative chapter..
[+] Spoiler
So, I apologize for not having the you know what done, I really would have liked to finish it much sooner but - my new tablet is supposed to arrive this week, and I wanted to wait to color it until then. I'll probably revamp the line art a little, too.

TrainerBOB

March 5th, 2011, 6:45 pm #211

Thanks everyone! Woke up early and wrote a new chapter - so here it is. But first-
*edited with my reply to Epsilon's comment that ninja'd me*
[+] Replies!
The Frog wrote:Well first of all, Giovanni is a bastard coated bastard flavored bastard served with bastard sauce.

Second, I thought Janine was a gym leader, but the way Brock reacted to her you'd think she was elite four, or even champion.

And about the Kangaskhan: If I were evil, I'd hold its baby hostage. Killing it would have the parent either after my blood or losing its will to live, wheras if it knows its child will die if it screws up it will fight harder.
[+] Spoiler
(Wait a sec, I just realised thats basically the plot of the thirteenth movie right there. Oh well.)
Yes, I agree, Giovanni is definitely a horrible person.
And that is an interesting theory regarding Janine - you'll find out more about her later, I assure you.
As far as the Kangaskhan goes, Giovanni likes to inflict pain. He believed killing the baby would be what would inflict the most.
drakhun wrote:Kid needs to get a gun with all the people out to get him.

All and all wow, I just finished reading all of this, and have to say you are quite excellent with scenery and characterization, and your combat has been getting better as time has gone on. Des and Fleance are particularly amazing.

Good luck, I hope somehow we see Val again, and I hope we get to see Jimmy and Giovanni fall.
Thanks for reading drakhun, I am so glad you are enjoying it! And I'm glad the combat has been improving, I'm trying to force myself to write more of that so I can become better and better at it.
Velvet wrote:
[+] Thoughts of Forty-Three
See, THIS is why it's such a bad idea to keep secrets like that for so long. They always come out in the most damaging fashion possible.

Giovanni: "Oh hai I know more about you than you do. Also say hi to to your aunt. She can't say hi back, obviously."
Will: "You're a lying liar who lies!"

If the theories about Giovanni possibly being Oak's errant middle child are true, it certainly makes a lot of sense that he knows all this... though he might just have THAT GOOD of an information network. (Then again, why wouldn't he already know where Jade was if that was the case? Unless he was just trolling Erika before murdering her...)

"She did what I could not"...? And what would that be? Breaking Jimmy's spirit and turning him to the side of EVIL...? Or something else...?

...I hope the police don't give William too much crap about his solo assault. He's going to be feeling shitty enough about Erika's death without some idiot cop implying he made the wrong choices.

Jade sure is pushing hard. Hopefully that won't bite her in the butt in the long run... and poor little Eros.

OH SHI-- rocks can burn. Who knew?

Wow, Giovanni, baby-killing? Seriously? You'd think he might want to take the baby and raise it separately, just to see what happened... and to keep metaphorically dangling it over the mother's head. Unless the helmet helps him keep control of her somehow, I'd expect her to go "SCREW YOU" at some point and turn on her master...

And he sure doesn't give a damn about the lives of his team, either... not to mention is being entirely obvious about wanting to force Will to kill again.

Taking on three Rockets at once with a single, exhausted Eevee...? Wow. (Also, I find it interesting she thinks of herself here as 'Janine Oak' -- the name she hated along with the surname of the professor she views as a coward and the eldest monster. But then again, she was also Janine Oak, wife to the man she loved...)

Giovanni is entirely obvious with the whole 'Hur, hur, if only you knew about my grand secret plan'... Then again, we the audience have already heard his plan to lure Will into a false sense of security to make him more vulnerable in the future. Doesn't mean it's clear to Will...

...Oh, hey, she DOES have leet ninja skills. Badass. Small wonder Brock seems so awed... even though she was totally right to call him out on it.

(And what is it about people being so quick to judge, anyway? First Will and Chris are getting judged because OMG they're Oaks and Oaks have apparently got the EVUL genetics going on. Then Misty goes from 'Will is evil' to 'Will is my savior ♥', and now Brock is all 'Janine will SAVE US ALL~' They aren't mythical figures, gods or demons; they're HUMAN.)

He who fights and runs away, lives to try and break Will's mind and spirit another day, apparently.

Okay, so Jimmy wants to kill Jade. Or at least she thinks that's what he wants -- but if she thinks so, she probably has damn good reason to think so. Did something more happen between them beyond Jade rejecting him...?
Your Giovanni dialogue, despite its darkness, has made me laugh multiple times. :laughing: "She can't say hi back, obviously."
Hm, there's been a lot of speculation about Giovanni and the second child of Oak lately...

All of your theories concerning Janine and Giovanni are interesting - thought I will say none of them are exactly right. But some of them are closer than others.

As far as the black helmet on top of the Kanghaskan, that was just my sad attempt to describe what the Pokemon looks like :sweatdrop: If you look at pictures it has this weird, helmet like thing on top of its head.

Anyway, Jade does have pretty badass skills, and this isn't the last time she'll be showing them off. As far as what happened between Jade and Jimmy...more to come :)
Epsilon wrote:Besides all the necesary violence, this was a very informative chapter..
[+] Epsilon
So, I apologize for not having the you know what done, I really would have liked to finish it much sooner but - my new tablet is supposed to arrive this week, and I wanted to wait to color it until then. I'll probably revamp the line art a little, too.
Thanks Epsilon! And don't rush yourself, take your time! :smile:
And here it is! :)
Chapter Forty-Four
[+] Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Four: Nightmare

William was arrested the instant he walked out of the Rocket’s base. One hour later, after watching the tapes from the security cameras inside the Rocket’s base, the police let William go.

He went from criminal to hero.

William found himself eating dinner that night along with the town’s mayor, the police chief, and their wives. They asked him all sorts of questions about his past, his family, his Pokémon, his journeys.

William answered carefully.

He trusted no one.

That night, when William said he had to leave in order to continue his journey, they insisted that he shouldn’t. That told him he should stay for the night and relax. William told him he feared for his own life in the city.

“Who would dare try to kill you, my boy?” The mayor exclaimed when William told him that. “Your both the most feared and respected trainer there is right now!”

Still, the mayor paid for William to stay in the biggest, most luxurious suite in the Cerulean Million’s Club Hotel. Two bodyguards were posted outside his door.

The mayor referred William to a spa service for Pokémon that would allow William to spend the night alone and in peace. William told his Pokémon about it, and they all refused.

They would not leave their trainer’s side.

The next day, William tried to leave town again, only to be presented by a parade in his honor. William stood in the middle of the large, Pokeball shaped float, along with the mayor and city’s head police officer, who both waved excitedly to the crowd around them. Confetti fell from the sky, and the crowd along the path of the parade was screaming in jubilation. William looked around, dumbfounded.

Women and teenage girls screamed his name and begged William to marry them. One of them threw her bra onto the float, at which the police officer laughed and told William to get used to it.

At the end of the parade, there was a grand ceremony, where William was presented with a ceremonial key to the city (whatever the hell that was) and the Rainbow badge. He tried to refuse both, especially the Rainbow badge since he felt he had not earned it.

“Nonsense my boy!” The mayor cried out. “You beat the men that Erika herself could not defeat, if anyone deserves this it is you!”

So William took the tiny ceremonial key to the city, which was meaningless, and he took the sparkling, gorgeous Rainbow badge. The crowd screamed as William held up the badge in the sunlight, and the mayor frowned, feeling as if the badge was more important to William than the tiny, golden key he had just given the young trainer.

Later, William tried to leave that afternoon. But he could not.

He was stopped, again, by the mayor, who insisted William be interviewed by a reporter from Kanto’s Kronicle. The reporter was an excited, hyper man, who asked William many questions. Most of them were about the battle and invasion of Rocket’s base, but a few strayed into William’s past, personal life.

William was careful to give vague, ambiguous answers about that aspect of the interview, no matter how hard the reporter pressed.

After the interview, William tried once again to leave the town. But…

“Oh come on my boy, stay just a while longer! You really could use a break, after all, you must be exhausted! Besides, don’t you want to see the story in print tomorrow morning?”

So, William stayed another night in the hotel.

The next morning, the story was printed and distributed all over Kanto. Women in hair salons read it and awed at the picture of the handsome hero on the front page. They ‘oh’d when they read the young man was truthfully shy and had given little detail about his past life. They shuddered when they read of the carnage and horror he had dealt with inside the Rocket’s base.

Young boys read the story, and felt inspired to be as good as trainer as William was. Teenagers and men read the story, and they spit on the ground, and muttered angrily under their breath that they bet they could beat William.

William read the story, and he tossed it aside angry. Erika, the victim, was barely mentioned. Her death was a small pebble in the story – it did not seem to matter.

Deep inside the region-wide paper was a one hundred word brief on the burning on Pewter City. William’s front-page profile spanned over two thousand words.

William tried to leave Celadon City again that afternoon, but he could not. The mayor, again, stopped him.

“Come now my boy! My daughter is coming into town tomorrow, don’t you want to meet her?...Yes, yes, I know your journey is important, but it’s just one more day!...Oh, William, please, you still are looking tired after all, you really could use one more day of rest!...Oh William, no! I am not going to let you leave this city! As mayor I will stop you!...Oh, my boy, I was only kidding, don’t take it like that!”

So William found himself on the balcony of his hotel room that night, looking out to the lights of the city, still stuck inside the city. He was beginning to wonder if he was to ever leave the city.

William knew why the mayor was doing this. Each day, more and more tourists were coming into the city in order to gawk at the champion who had saved the day. The Rocket’s Base was meanwhile being turned into an exhibit that tourists would be able to walk through and take pictures of.

But the mayor just didn’t get it. William had to leave. Soon.

And not only that, when William left, he would have to do so quietly. He did not need the entire world knowing where he was going.

So, William stood there on the balcony. It was past midnight.

William turned and walked back into his room. He had made a decision.

He left the mayor a note on his bed, thanking him for all he did for William. Then, William returned to the balcony, and let out Tybalt from his Pokeball. The Charizard stretched his wings and yawned.

“Think you can fly me to Lavender Town?” William asked Tyablt. The Charizard nodded, grinning. He was just as eager to leave as his trainer was.

William climbed onto the back of his Pokémon, and then Charizard jumped in the air. There was one terrifying moment for William when he suddenly thought his Charizard might not be strong enough to carry him, but then the thought was gone as Tybalt beat his wings powerfully.

And with that, William left Celadon City just as quietly as he had entered it.

-------------------------------------

While William and Tybalt flew through the air, miles away Agatha was sleeping in her bed. She was dreaming; she knew that.

Agatha was walking through the streets of Saffron City, but the city was much different then the city she knew it reality.

A horrible battle had taken place, that much she could see. Blood stained the ground. Buildings had fallen over. Walls were black from being struck by lightning and being burned by flames. The frozen bodies of many trainers lay in the streets. The sky was dark, gray, and depressing.

Men and women walked through the streets, all of them with their heads down in silence. They were oblivious to Agatha – she was invisible to them.

Agatha walked onwards, knowing this was no normal dream – she knew that it meant something. She had to find the purpose behind it.

The crowd was walking into the City’s Middle Square. They filed in, and all of them went down to their knees before the mighty clock tower. The hands of the clock were moving slowly to 12.

Agatha stood on the side of the great crowd, watching with interest. They were all silent, none of them said a word.

“Why have you brought me here Sabrina?” Agatha asked out loud.

The psychic gym leader suddenly materialized next to her. Sabrina wore an all purple jumpsuit, and had long beautiful black hair. Her face was cold and calm.

“This is a vision of the future,” Sabrina said. Agatha opened her mouth to speak, but the psychic cut her off. “It is the upmost importance you listen to me,” Sabrina’s voice had an edge of urgency to it. “There is not much time. If I am discovered here…”

Agatha inclined her head, indicating Sabrina to speak.

“There is a prophecy to be made,” Sabrina said, her eyes not leaving the crowd. “And the trainer to receive it is William Oak.”

“William Oak? Who is that?” Agatha asked, shocked by the last name.

“Your grandson,” Sabrina said. “He is Janine’s and Richard’s child.”

Agatha nodded, and then asked.

“How did you come to know this?”

“I communicated with the spirits,” Sabrina said, her eyes still frozen on the crowd.

“Really?” Agatha asked. “I thought you were too afraid to do that.”

“Desperate times call for desperate needs.”

“You talk like you are some kind of victim,” Agatha snapped. For the first time, Sabrina turned from the crowd to look at her old mentor. Her eyes were angry.

“If you knew what I kind of risk I’m taking you wouldn’t dare use that tone with me!”

“Risk? Child, I don’t know what you have been doing all these years copped up in your gym, but I know it has not been innocent or pure,” Agatha’s voice was angry. “I have heard new spirits scream your name in pain.”

Sabrina shook her head rapidly.

“Listen! Please Agatha, send help as soon as possible! My Pokémon-”

But then, suddenly, Sabrina started screaming. Agatha flinched and spun around to Sabrina, her eyes wide and filled with worry. Sabrina’s scream was of pure pain.

And then, just as sudden as she had appeared, Sabrina was gone.

“Sabrina?” Agatha called out, raising her head to the sky. “Sabrina, what’s wrong? What has happened?”

There was no answer.

The people had finished gathering into the City’s square, and they all feel to their knees. They began chanting, and the words they used snapped Agatha’s head back to them.

“All hail Jimmy Oak, our supreme over lord and leader. All hail Jimmy Oak, the most powerful and strongest one of all. All hail Jimmy Oak, our supreme over lord and leader. All hail Jimmy Oak, the most powerful and strongest one of all.”

“Sabrina,” Agatha screamed, her voice becoming panicky. “I thought you said this was a vision of the future – not a vision of possibility from the past!”

There was no answer. Instead, the crowd continued to chant.

“All hail Jimmy Oak, our supreme over lord and leader. All hail Jimmy Oak, the most powerful and strongest one of all. All hail Jimmy Oak, who shall lead and rule us until the end of time.”

Agatha abruptly woke up in her bed. The old frail lady was covered in sweat, and she was panting horribly.

Without a second’s hesitation, she reached over to the phone next to her bed and she dialed a number.

“Prepare the Pokémon Tower for a prophecy!” She snapped to the person on the other line who was groggy and still waking up.

Agatha then stood up, and paced around the room quickly, considering what she should do next.

It was obvious.

She ran to the phone, and dialed another number once again.

“Hello?” a tired, groggy female voice said over the line.

“Lorelei, this is Agatha!” The old woman said, panting and breathing heavily still. “I’m calling an emergency meeting of the Elite Four and the Champion.”

“Why?” Lorelei asked, startled and surprised.

“I fear the worst,” Agatha said, her entire body shaking. “I fear Jimmy Oak is still alive!”
Thanks again to Firestar for editing!

[+] Team's Status
Tybalt (Charizard) 36
Fleance (Nidoking) 34
Desdemona (Butterfree) 31
Brabantio (Ivysuar) 28
Virgilia (Wartortle) 26

BOX:
Donalbain (Diglet) Level 19
Mercutio (Zubat) Level 6
Henry (Ratatta) Level 4
Romeo (Pidgey) Level 15
Bianca (Nidoran, Female) Level 18

DEAD:
Juliet (Spearow)
Percy (Pikachu) Level 5-Level 26
[+] A few thoughts
With that, I bring Part 5 to a close.
This is amazing, I am so happy and awed to have all of you following me and reading this. As I have said before, I will continue to better myself so this stays a pleasure to read.
I will say now that this is not my last story run. And, perhaps more importantly, this is not my last Sons of Three Story Run. I will be writing several more.
When I finish playing and writing my Yellow Run, I will start a new run, in a different region, continuing with the plot where Eldest left off. At the same time, I will be writing and posting a Prelude to the entire series. The Prelude won't be what you're all expecting though, I can already tell you that :wink:

Anyway, back to Part 5. It was long. Oh god, it was sooo long. Want to guess how long? Guess, and then check the spoiler.
[+] Spoiler
100 pages in Mircosoft Word, and 33,000 words.
Part 6 will probably be the same, maybe a little shorter. :sweatdrop:
Anyway, thank you again for reading and staying with me. I think I've set up Part 6 to have some of the most exciting events yet. As you can tell, the Pokemon Tower will be rather interesting...

Velvet

March 5th, 2011, 7:57 pm #212

[+] Thoughts on Forty-Four:
Don't worry about the helmet thing; that was my misunderstanding. :sweatdrop:

Eesh. Sucks that he got arrested, though at least it got cleared up alright. I can't imagine it was fun taking him in, unless he was in too much of a daze to fight back.

Interesting that the mayor tells him he's 'the most feared and respected trainer right now!' Why mention the fear first?

Seems like the mayor turned this into a biiiiiig photo op. Trying to distract everyone from the fact that oh yeah, ourgymleaderwasbrutallymurdered. Maybe they've got NCIS down there investigating further. (PCIS? Whatever. Can't get the image of Gibbs, DiNozzo, Ziva, McGee and Ducky working the crime scene out of my head ever since that one macro. Because it would be AWESOME. And a world with monsters like Jimmy and Giovanni running around needs some sort of CIS.)

At least he got the badge, even if he doesn't feel like he earned it.

...They really are trying to use this story to cover up tragedy, aren't they? Erika's death is a footnote; Pewter City being attacked is glossed over...

With the mayor delaying him so much, I'm actually wondering if he was working for Team Rocket or Jimmy. You know, keep him in one place, make him easier to attack... Alternately, it may come back to bite him if either force decides to target Celadon again just to 'teach them a lesson'.

Hey, we have a name to go with Will's father now! The youngest of the Oak boys...

...Where does Sabrina stand, exactly? And where do her own pokemon' loyalties lie?

And Agatha had no clue Jimmy -- her own son -- was still alive...? Oak didn't even tell her that much...? No wonder they divorced...

The Frog

March 6th, 2011, 2:18 am #213

[+] Thoughts
"Walls were black from being struck by lightning and being burned by flames. The frozen bodies of many trainers lay in the streets."

Sounds like the birdies are back!
Then again, it could be Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem for all I know.
Hell, It might be elekid, magby and smoochum backed up by hax!

Also, this one: "until the end of time”, suggests either Dialga or Celebi, or it could just be Jimmy having an insatiable ego.
(If I was an evil overlord, I wouldn't have them waste time groveling when there's labour to be done!)
((Evil Overlord List is awesome))

Looking at the list, I have this strange feeling that Jimmy might try to break entry 22. Just a thought.

Basically, I am suspecting that you might be using pokes from outside Kanto. You have mentioned other regions before, and their legendaries tend to be much stronger.

Current Run:
Yellow
[+] Spoiler
Failed Run:

Epsi

March 6th, 2011, 2:35 am #214

Not sure what to put here, but I really liked this chapter.
[+] Another beer while my hair dries, please!
I was really tempted to do a spoof comic on a typo like with the 'hair saloon' typo - it made me think of women having their hair done in an old western movie.
the actual spelling for that is 'salon'. I figured I'd spare you :P

Entice

March 6th, 2011, 3:47 am #215

The link to chapter 36 is broken, you forgot an 'L' in the code. I'll post a real review after a while, I'm rushed for time.
My computer sucks.

TrainerBOB

March 6th, 2011, 6:53 pm #216

[+] replies
Velvet wrote:Don't worry about the helmet thing; that was my misunderstanding.

Eesh. Sucks that he got arrested, though at least it got cleared up alright. I can't imagine it was fun taking him in, unless he was in too much of a daze to fight back.

Interesting that the mayor tells him he's 'the most feared and respected trainer right now!' Why mention the fear first?

Seems like the mayor turned this into a biiiiiig photo op. Trying to distract everyone from the fact that oh yeah, ourgymleaderwasbrutallymurdered. Maybe they've got NCIS down there investigating further. (PCIS? Whatever. Can't get the image of Gibbs, DiNozzo, Ziva, McGee and Ducky working the crime scene out of my head ever since that one macro. Because it would be AWESOME. And a world with monsters like Jimmy and Giovanni running around needs some sort of CIS.)

At least he got the badge, even if he doesn't feel like he earned it.

...They really are trying to use this story to cover up tragedy, aren't they? Erika's death is a footnote; Pewter City being attacked is glossed over...

With the mayor delaying him so much, I'm actually wondering if he was working for Team Rocket or Jimmy. You know, keep him in one place, make him easier to attack... Alternately, it may come back to bite him if either force decides to target Celadon again just to 'teach them a lesson'.

Hey, we have a name to go with Will's father now! The youngest of the Oak boys...

...Where does Sabrina stand, exactly? And where do her own pokemon' loyalties lie?

And Agatha had no clue Jimmy -- her own son -- was still alive...? Oak didn't even tell her that much...? No wonder they divorced...
Yeah, William was pretty much stunned when he was arrested, he didn't really have anything left in him to fight back much. And the mayor most definitely did turn it into a photo op, he was desperately trying to keep the tourism to the city from falling. The mayor isn't really in league with anyone, except for himself, lol.

I think the Sabrina plot twist will be interesting in Part 7, though you may have already figured it out...
The Frog wrote:"Walls were black from being struck by lightning and being burned by flames. The frozen bodies of many trainers lay in the streets."

Sounds like the birdies are back!
Then again, it could be Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem for all I know.
Hell, It might be elekid, magby and smoochum backed up by hax!

Also, this one: "until the end of time”, suggests either Dialga or Celebi, or it could just be Jimmy having an insatiable ego.
(If I was an evil overlord, I wouldn't have them waste time groveling when there's labour to be done!)
((Evil Overlord List is awesome))

Looking at the list, I have this strange feeling that Jimmy might try to break entry 22. Just a thought.

Basically, I am suspecting that you might be using pokes from outside Kanto. You have mentioned other regions before, and their legendaries tend to be much stronger.
Your theories on all the legendaries are interesting - but I can't comment on that for now :wink: Only know it was definitely not elekid, magby, and smoochum :laughing:
Epsilon wrote:Not sure what to put here, but I really liked this chapter.
[+] Another beer while my hair dries, please!
I was really tempted to do a spoof comic on a typo like with the 'hair saloon' typo - it made me think of women having their hair done in an old western movie.
the actual spelling for that is 'salon'. I figured I'd spare you :P
Hehe, typos like these are funning :laughing:
Thanks Epsilon! :)
Entice wrote:The link to chapter 36 is broken, you forgot an 'L' in the code. I'll post a real review after a while, I'm rushed for time.
Oh, wow, thanks Entice, I'll fix that :)
Thanks for the comments everyone - hopefully new Preface tonight!

QKNC
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym

March 6th, 2011, 8:43 pm #217

Oooh, another story run after this, that will be something to look forward to!
[+] Spoiler
Woah, getting bras thrown at him. William is now ELVIS PRESLEY. But without the drugs. And the charming Southern background. And the pelvic thrusts.

Anyway, I personally find it a little strange that Erika's death was largely ignored by the citizenry and the media, but maybe she wasn't very popular. Which is very plausible given what we saw of her. Though that the media ignored the chance to make a sensationalized news story out of the whole affair seems a little odd to me.

I am interested in what is going on with Sabrina and Agatha there. Mysterious dreams, ahoy! My guess is that the whole Silph Co debacle is taking place and Sabrina's in a load of trouble. I don't remember if Giovanni had any psychic Pokemon in Yellow, but for some reason, I feel like there is some sort of link between Sabrina and Giovanni. Might be his impromptu getaway via Alakazam :U

TrainerBOB

March 7th, 2011, 4:29 am #218

QKNC wrote:Oooh, another story run after this, that will be something to look forward to!
[+] Spoiler
Woah, getting bras thrown at him. William is now ELVIS PRESLEY. But without the drugs. And the charming Southern background. And the pelvic thrusts.

Anyway, I personally find it a little strange that Erika's death was largely ignored by the citizenry and the media, but maybe she wasn't very popular. Which is very plausible given what we saw of her. Though that the media ignored the chance to make a sensationalized news story out of the whole affair seems a little odd to me.

I am interested in what is going on with Sabrina and Agatha there. Mysterious dreams, ahoy! My guess is that the whole Silph Co debacle is taking place and Sabrina's in a load of trouble. I don't remember if Giovanni had any psychic Pokemon in Yellow, but for some reason, I feel like there is some sort of link between Sabrina and Giovanni. Might be his impromptu getaway via Alakazam :U
Thanks QKNC, I'm looking forward to writing it as well! :biggrin:
There is a good deal of censorship going on from the government in this region (as you can see by the lack of knowledge of the three sons of Oak), and unfortunately the media is involved in it as well.

I think the Sabrina gym-leader side plot will be my favorite in this run; hopefully I'm careful enough to where I don't give it away. But it won't be coming until part 7 - I'll be taking on Koga first in my game, so he'll be in Part 6.

And now - we begin, Part 6.

Part 6

Preface
[+] Preface
Preface

Within several days of Jimmy challenging Koga, Janine had a falling out with her father. She left the apartment he had set up for her in Celadon City, and came to apply for a job in my lab in Pallet Town. Her qualifications were perfect – so I gave her the job. Again, it was not until years later did I learn what had happened.

Jimmy destroyed Koga, just as he had done so against the other gym leaders. But rather then resenting him for it, Koga quickly felt a great deal of respect towards my eldest son. And, of course, Jimmy was his fake-charming self. He mentioned to Koga that he had pursued Janine, but she had denied him.

And so, Koga attempted to arrange for his daughter to be married to Jimmy. Janine did not like that, not at all. She did not believe Jimmy was a good person. Koga did – but that mattered little to him. As a ninja, he respected Jimmy as a powerful man. He thought Jimmy was going to do great things.

He thought Jimmy was going to rule the world. And who better to become the world’s queen, then one of his daughters?

Janine did not take well to that. Her father did not take well to her absolute refusal. So, he cut her off of his money, forcing her to find a way to make a living for herself.

She was an excellent worker in my lab. But she was miserable there, stuck in the confines of steel and metal. So, just within a few weeks, I gave her a way out.

I offered her one of my two remaining starter Pokemon.

She eagerly took me up on my offer, and Janine selected a Bulbusuar.

While Janine started her own Pokemon journey, Jimmy was finishing up his. He had gathered many allies along the way, and one of them was Koga. The gym leader of Fuchsia city was an excellent spy for him, and he gathered and reported all sorts of information to Jimmy.

Even when Jimmy failed at the Elite Four, I believed Koga was still a follower to Jimmy, though no one could ever prove it. I believed Koga helped Jimmy a great deal with many of his illegal operations. I believed Koga knew exactly what Jimmy was planning. But, with all of these things, no one could ever prove them. Jimmy was careful to never indicate something that could eventually land his most loyal and useful follower in jail.

To this very day, there is little doubt in my mind that Koga is still a follower of my eldest son. And with William and Chris to challenge him soon, that worries me a great very much.

-From the diary of Professor Samuel Oak

[+] A Few Thoughts
Part 6 will probably be as long as Part 5...but I'm not completely sure...seeing as I haven't finished the total outline yet :sweatdrop: But that's only because I haven't played up all the way to Koga yet, so...yeah. Updates will be random this week (though I think everyone is used to that), but hopefully I'll have three updates by Friday? That's my goal.

Velvet

March 7th, 2011, 5:18 am #219

[+] On the Prelude to Part 6:
First off: 'falling out', not 'fall out'. :sweatdrop: Unless she nuked her dad. Which, given the way Brock reacted to her, may be entirely possible.

...Ick. There's something really, really repellent about the idea that I could reject some douchebag, only for him to go to my own father and have him try to override my wishes. Of course, that's incredibly unlikely, given how my dad actually respects me. Some douche tried that on my family, I get the feeling my father would utterly trounce him.

But Koga's value system is clearly very different. Just how does he view his daughters...? Clearly, he doesn't respect them at all; why else would he be all "You should marry this guy you hate, 'cause I like him!" Sounds like something out of For Better or For Worse... though Jimmy is definitely no Anthony. :=/:

...Too bad Koga couldn't become Jimmy's queen, if he wanted that so bad.

So Janine ended up with Oak's Bulbasaur... strange he had only two left. I had thought perhaps each of the sons might have taken one, but that doesn't seem to be the case. (Also, I like the touch of her choosing the starter strong against Jimmy's, as well as the poison aspect.)

...On a side note, thinking about how Koga was a leader at this point reminds me of how you mentioned the G/S run would be a prelude... meaning in this verse, Koga would have been an Elite Four member and... downgraded to Gym Leader? Would that be considered a downgrade? Why would he make such a move? Was it willingly, or were there issues between him and the League...? If the latter, that might also help to explain why he would support Jimmy, and want to see him take over the world...

...Oh, way to go, Oak. Don't see any reason to warn the grandkids that they're on a crash-course with some psycho supporter of Jimmy, eh? Even though the cat's out of the bag already... Well, maybe Janine will be able to get that warning to them. Though... she's trying to reach Will, not Chris... Oh, crap. :ohdear:

Verminator
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym

March 7th, 2011, 1:56 pm #220

Wow, I've missed a lot while I've been away over the weekend. And it's all great stuff, Jimmy gets more and more sinister with each chapter.
Hey! Verminator doesn't advertise!
Except for here.
[+] Spoiler
Banner by Kynim, whose art is currently being investigated as a possible cancer cure.