Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

February 18th, 2011, 5:51 am #141

Ace the test and make us proud! lol
Hello. Let's play some music.

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

February 19th, 2011, 1:41 am #142

Thanks y'all :)

And new chapter!!!! :smile:

Chapter Thirty-Three
[+] Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Three:
William remembered a nightmare he had when he was five. There was a horrible monster made entirely of darkness. It enclosed around him, and chocked him while blinding him. He woke screaming.

Rock Tunnel reminded him of that nightmare. The natural cave was undeveloped, and eloped in complete blackness. William was not sure how high the ceiling went up, and he had no idea if he was walking in the right direction. There was no path. There were no signs. The Rock Tunnel was an untamed realm of unknown.

Percy walked on the ground next to William, the electric pouches on his cheeks sparkling with electricity, thus providing light for the ground. William did not like keeping Percy out like this – it made him nervous. He knew Rock Tunnel was filled Geodudes – the rock and ground type Pokemon. They could do serious damage to his electric Pokemon. But Percy had insisted.

Desdemona fluttered in the air a few yards ahead of William, her eyes acting like headlights of a car as they shone on the ground. William was not too worried about her – he was confident she could fly out of the reach of any Pokemon who attacked.

William did not like the darkness. The nightmare had stayed with him all these years, and he still felt it very strong. Especially now in this dark cave.

At least it was not complete darkness. Percy’s electrical cheeks provided about a three-foot radius of visibility. It was not much, but it made William feel a little better. It was Desdemona who provided the most light. The Butterfree’s eyes provided light for many feet ahead of William.

It was because of her, that William was able to see the Geodude that laid on the ground ahead. Its eyes were yellow and angry – the light had disturbed its slumber. Desdemona fluttered softly over it, and looked directly down, illuminating the Geodude in a spotlight. All around them was total darkness. Precy remained next to William, illuminating him and his immediate area in light. William felt like there was a great abyss between him and his Pikachu, and Desdemona and the wild Geodude.

“Let’s just leave it alone…” William said, his voice cautious. The look in the Geodude’s eyes was dangerous. William did not want to engage it in battle.

Desdemona started to fly away slowly, and William carefully followed. He walked diagonally, away from the Geodude who was still watching Desdemona.

William was close to the Geodude, he could see it because of the sparkling cheeks of his Pikachu. The rock Pokemon’s eyes were fixated on the Butterfree fluttering away.

Suddenly, without any warning, the Geodude dug a hand into the ground and ripped out a chunk. Just as quickly, it tossed it at Desdemona.

Rock Throw.

“DES,” William screamed. “LOOK OUT!”

Too late.

The instant the rock collided with Desdemona, the light in her eyes went out. William did not see her hit the ground, but he knew she had when the loud thump echoed throughout the cave.

The Geodude that was a few feet away from William had disappeared into the darkness, and William had a horrible sickening feeling in the pit of his stomach that it was heading for Desdemona.

He lifted his legs up to race towards his fallen Butterfree, but a rocky hand suddenly grabbed him from behind. William fell straight to the ground, and he spun onto his back and looked behind him.

Another Geodude with mad-yellow eyes had snuck up from behind him and had grabbed William’s ankle. The Geodude growled at William, his eyes threatening worse violence…

Percy slammed into the Geodude whose hand was wrapped around William’s ankle. The wild Rock Pokemon released William’s leg, but it did not retreat. Percy stood in front of his trainer, hissing and spitting at the rock Pokemon.

“Percy – go help Des – I got this one!”

Percy hesitated for only a second, his eyes flashing back and forth between his trainer and the wild Geodude. But then he headed to his trainer’s command, and he raced off into the darkness to find the fallen Butterfree.

“Virgilia – Bubblebeam!” William unclipped the ball from his belt and let lose his Squirtle. The turtle Pokemon bounced onto the ground, opened her mouth, and unleashed an unending stream of bubbles on the Geodude.

The Rock Pokemon grunted as it was assaulted with the current of bubbles, and it quickly escaped into the darkness, scared off by Virgilia. William jumped to his feet and spun around, looking for Percy and Desdemona.

William could see Percy about ten yards away. He was guarding a dark object that could not be seen clearly. He was battling with s wild Geodude, using Quick and Slam attacks.

“Virgilia – Water Gun!” Virgilia complied, shooting a stream of water out of her mouth. It hit the Geodude, and the Pokemon grunted as it retreated off into the darkness just like the other had done.

William rushed over to Percy and Desdemona, running through the darkness, praying he would not trip.

He reached his two Pokemon, and he gasped out loud.

Desdemona lay on the ground, her left wing still being crushed by the rock the Geodude had flung through the air. Her eyes were closed, and her antenna did not twitch like they normally did.

“Des, Des, come on Desdemona…” William muttered softly to himself and his Butterfree as he quickly fell to his knees and pushed the boulder off. Percy and Virgilia watched nervously. Percy stood close, trying to help William see the best he could.

William scooped up his Butterfree into his hands and he blindly reached into his backpack, looking for the Super Potions he had brought from the Vermilion Mart. He finally found one of the orange bottles, and he quickly sprayed the magical restoring juices on Desdemona’s left wing.

“Come on Des…come on…” William said, praying to Arceus that she would pull through.

“Pika…pika…” Percy whispered, his eyes wide. Tears were beginning to form at the edges of Virgilia’s eyes, and the poor Squirtle looked like she was going to start bawling.

“Come on Des…” William said, his voice hushed. He grabbed another orange bottle and sprayed the healing juices onto Desdemona’s wings again.

Still nothing.

“Desdemona…”

William closed his eyes and he bent his head down close to Desdemona, and he felt tears form at the corner of his eyes. His body shook as he felt himself sob.

And then, he felt something brush softly against his cheek. He opened his, and he found Desdemona was blinking, rubbing her eyelashes against his skin.

“Desdemona!”

The Butterfree hummed softly in response, but her voice sounded weak.

“Here…here…” William stumbled, talking through a lump in his throat. “Have another Super Potion…”

He sprayed the contents of another orange bottle onto Desdemona, and the Pokemon seemed to be getting stronger. She fluttered both her wings for a second, though the right still seemed significantly stronger than the left.

“F-feeling better?” William asked. The Butterfree nodded her head, and she hummed in response.

William looked up and glanced around his surrounding areas. He checked the watch on his wrist, and was surprised at how much time had passed. It was almost ten o’clock at night – they had been wandering in the caves for a few hours.

“Come on guys…lets set up camp…” William said.

-----------------------------------------

Setting up camp consisted of William letting every one of his Pokeball out of their respected Pokeballs, and the team forming a circle together. Tybalt laid on the ground in the middle, serving as the fire for everyone to stay warm. The cave was cold.

William sat crisscrossed, Desdemona still in his arms. He rocked her softly back and forth, and he occasionally checked on the condition of her left wing. It was getting stronger, but it was still weak.

None of the Pokemon said anything, and none of them feel asleep. They all sat there starring into the flame on Tybalt’s tail.

Finally, Fleance broke the silence. He grunted at William, and made several gestures that William should get to sleep. William didn’t say anything – he merely shook his head.

Fleance rolled his eyes, and grunted a little bit more, this time talking to Percy. The Pikachu seemed to consider what the Nidoking had said, and then he turned to Desdemona and said something.

William watched the exchange guarded, not sure what they were all saying.

Desdemona started to hum a soft lullaby, and William felt his eyes began to droop. But he suddenly snapped them open, and he snapped angrily.

“It’s not working guys. I’m not falling asleep. If y’all stay awake, then I’m staying awake.”

But Desdemona kept humming, and it wasn’t long before William had fallen backwards on his back, snoring blissfully. Desdemona stayed wrapped in his arms, and she continued to hum. Percy’s eyes closed soon as well, and they did not reopen. Brabantio was next – the Ivysuar walked in circles for a few seconds and collapsed to the ground. Virgilia disappeared inside her shell. Tybalt feel asleep while resting on his stomach – but he kept his tail held high in the air. Desdemona herself eventually stopped humming, her eyes closing ever so slowly as she lay resting on William’s chest.

Fleance, the Nidoking, was the only one who remained awake. He sat, staring into the sparkling fire at the end of Tybalt’s tail.

Something roared from deeper inside the cave, and Fleance raised his head, waiting for something to emerge suddenly.

Nothing did.

The Nidoking grunted to himself and his eyes returned to the fire. He had no intention of getting any sleep that night.
[+] Team Status
TEAM:
Fleance (Nidoking) Level 30
Brabantio (Ivysuar) Level 28
Tybalt (Charmeleon) Level 27
Desdemona (Butterfree) Level 26
Percy (Pikachu) Level 24
Virgilia (Squirtle) Level 15

BOX:
Donalbain (Diglet) Level 19
Mercutio (Zubat) Level 6
Henry (Ratatta) Level 4
Romeo (Pidgey) Level 15
Bianca (Nidoran, Female) Level 18

DEAD:
Juliet (Spearow)
[+] A Few Thoughts
Sorry for the semi-troll regarding Desdemona, but the game trolled me. For some reason I thought Rock Throw didn't come around to Gen 2, and then this wild Geodude used it while I was battling with Desdemona and I almost lost her. The attack literally brought her down to 1 HP. I was freaking out while I watched green turn to yellow and yellow turn to red and red ALMOST turn to nothing.

Anyway, another chapter update possibly tonight. Stay posted :)

Verminator
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym

February 19th, 2011, 2:11 am #143

Goddamn you got me scared there. Oh rock tunnel. Y must u trol us? Even in third gen it's get hyperleveled Arena Trap Dugtrio lying in wait.

Make sure you're careful with Desdemona. The range of Butterfree's abilities is nothing if not impressive, but they can't take hits. You never forget close calls like this one.
Hey! Verminator doesn't advertise!
Except for here.
[+] Spoiler
Banner by Kynim, whose art is currently being investigated as a possible cancer cure.

Epsi

February 19th, 2011, 4:49 am #144

no kidding, I wouldn't have taken the chance anyway. If the game didn't require it I wouldn't even go through Rock Tunnel!
Hello. Let's play some music.

Velvet
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

February 19th, 2011, 5:05 am #145

[+] Not much to say...
That close call with Des was terrifying, and made all the worse by your descriptions of the darkness. I'm so glad she turned out alright.

Also liked the final scene with the makeshift 'campfire tail'. And Fleance the guardian! :smile: Hopefully that close call will be the worst thing happening to them in the caves...
Still Waters -- A Fire Red Nuzlocke Story Run

Entice
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym

February 19th, 2011, 5:25 am #146

FRIGGIN TROLL. Scared the crap out of me. Also, how did the testing go? :O
My computer sucks.

TrainerBOB

February 19th, 2011, 11:42 am #147

[+] replies! :D
Verminator wrote:Goddamn you got me scared there. Oh rock tunnel. Y must u trol us? Even in third gen it's get hyperleveled Arena Trap Dugtrio lying in wait.

Make sure you're careful with Desdemona. The range of Butterfree's abilities is nothing if not impressive, but they can't take hits. You never forget close calls like this one.
I haven't forgotten any close calls with Des' - I've only written about three, but this was like the tenth one. She's amazing, but I'm so scared I'm going to lose her...
wrote:no kidding, I wouldn't have taken the chance anyway. If the game didn't require it I wouldn't even go through Rock Tunnel!
I'm still in Rock Tunnel, and I'm now being even more careful. I'm just going through the trainers, fighting like hell to get out of there. I would definitely skip that place through Nuzlocke runs if I could...
Velvet wrote:
[+] Not much to say...
That close call with Des was terrifying, and made all the worse by your descriptions of the darkness. I'm so glad she turned out alright.

Also liked the final scene with the makeshift 'campfire tail'. And Fleance the guardian! Hopefully that close call will be the worst thing happening to them in the caves...
Thank you! I felt it really fit into Fleance's character. And there hasn't been anything that bad yet in the Rock Tunnel, but I'm not out yet... :ohdear:
Entice wrote:FRIGGIN TROLL. Scared the crap out of me. Also, how did the testing go? :O
Thanks - I THINK I did really well actually, but I won't know till Tuesday. And trust me, I felt what you felt - I really thought she was going to faint, the attack almost took her down to 1 hp.
Thank you everyone - new chapter tonight! I'm away all day, otherwise I would have it up in a few hours. I'm not sure yet if this chapter will conclude the Rock Tunnel or not...

TrainerBOB

February 21st, 2011, 12:08 am #148

Gah, sorry I didn't update yesterday. A pathetic excuse is coming, but first let me give yall the chapter.

Chapter Thirty-Four
[+] Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Four: Sunk

William’s eyes opened with a snap when he heard something roar.

He jumped to his feet, his head turning this way and that; his eyes wide, and his heart pumping dangerously fast in his chest.

William did not have time to check his clock, but the time didn’t really matter. Darkness surrounded them on all sides

The rest of his Pokemon had jumped awake as well. Percy had climbed up William’s body and was now perched on his shoulder. Desdemona had fluttered out of his hands and was humming softly, concerned. Tybalt was grinning as he clipped his two claws together. Virgilia was on her feet, her head kept glancing up towards the imposing darkness and her own body. She had evolved into a Wartortle overnight, something that William would normally be celebrating about if it weren’t for the pressing situation. Brabantio had vines coming out of the sides of his bulb, poised in the air in case anything should strike out of the darkness.

Fleance stood in front of the huddled group, his back to them. He was staring out into the darkness. He rolled his head back, and the Nidoking let out a mighty roar.

Silence.

And then something roared back. The sound made William’s ears hurt and he flinched. Fleance flinched as well, but he did not fall to the ground at such noise as he had done so in previous forms.

“Let’s get out of here everyone,” William said quickly. He recalled his Pokemon back to inside their respective balls, except for Fleance and Percy who he left out. He wanted his Nidoking with him in case whatever that thing was made an appearance, and William needed Percy’s electric cheeks to light the way.

They three started running away, hopefully towards an exit. Percy was in the lead, lighting the path with the Flash technique. William followed, close behind, watching Percy with a worried eye. And Fleance ran behind William, his feet pounding at the ground and leaving small imprints from where he stood. Fleance’s eyes glanced right to left, watching and waiting. Watching, and waiting…

---------------------------------------------

The light blinded William at first, and he feel to the ground outside of Rock Tunnel, cursing out loud. He was wondering if Fleance and Percy were doing any better. He hoped so, he’d rather them not be completely defenseless against any wild attacks. Finally though, his vision returned to him, and he found himself on a smooth grassy field, where the small twigs of grass did not raise but a few centimeters off the ground. William rose up to his feet slowly; the light was giving him a headache.

“Thanks Fleance, you must be exhausted,” William said. He had suspicions that the Pokemon had stayed awake all night. “Take a rest buddy.” He recalled Fleance back to his Pokeball, while the Pokemon was grinning slightly. Percy returned to his shoulder, and smiled at his trainer.

William checked his watch, and saw it was a little past eleven o’clock. No wonder it was so bright outside…

William sighed as he looked up to the sky. The Rock Tunnel had been dangerous, but it had been worth the risk. Jimmy Oak was not someone to take idly – the disappearance of Bill had taught William that. Now, William had to make it to inside of Lavender Town, and hopefully make it out without attracting too much attention to himself.

“Let’s go Percy.”

---------------------------------------------

William had read the depressing story behind Lavender Town. Once, over a decade ago, it had served as the town with the eighth gym leader of Kanto. However, it had been burned to the ground by the legendary Pokemon Moltres.

The history books had told William that the evil trainer who was involved in the Battle of Threes had decided to destroy Lavender Town as a symbol – the greatest gym leader in Kanto could not stand up against his wrath. William had always thought that as strange – why would the evil trainer need to do that after beating the Pokemon Champion of Kanto?

Now, William knew there was bogus behind the story of the destruction of Lavender Town. Jimmy Oak had been that evil trainer who had destroyed it, and William knew he had not destroyed it for “symbolic” purposes. Jimmy had to have had a purpose and a reason behind it. William just did not know what it was.

William also did not know what Lavender Town looked like before it was destroyed, but it had to be better than this.

The grass was not a healthy green color – instead it was a sad, graying green. It did not raise but a few centimeters off the ground, and the grass felt prickly and sticky beneath William’s shoes. The grass crunched with every step William took.

The houses were an ugly, horrible gray color. None of them were big and luxurious, all of them were plain and simple.

Built into the corner of the town was the Pokemon Tower. It rose up into the sky, but it was not glorious as the skyscrapers of Saffron City were. Rather, the building look like the saddest and most depressing structure in town. The building seemed to represent all the fears and depression of the people in the town.

Even the wind itself was sad. It blew through the town, and it seemed to play a sad song in William's ears.

The people of the town were an odd mix. They either seemed shifty – dressed in large black overcoats – or they were old – wrinkly and sad. The elders did not raise their heads from the ground, while the men and women in large black overcoats stared at William.

William looked to the Pikachu on his shoulder, and realized he stuck out like a sore thumb.

“Come on Percy,” William said in a hushed whisper. “Let’s get inside to the Pokemon center.”

--------------------------------

William entered the center, and found it empty. A Nurse Joy sat behind the counter, her feet proper up and a pair of headphones on as she read a book.

“Hey,” William said as he approached the counter. “I would like my Pokemon healed pleased.”

Nurse Joy didn’t respond, she merely indicated for William to hand them over. William handed her the five Pokeballs clipped to his belt, and Percy climbed down his arm and into Nurse Joy’s free hand. Nurse Joy turned and walked into the back, to heal William’s Pokemon.

William leaned against the counter, feeling awkward as he waited. The Pokemon Center was entirely empty. The only noise was from the flat screen television that was hooked to the wall. A broadcaster was talking for a news show on it, and William was mostly ignoring it. Until, that is, he heard the broadcaster say this:

“There is still no news on the S.S. Anne that disappeared from the Ocean a few hours ago.” William’s head spun to the television, feeling his heart quicken in his chest. Only a single word echoed throughout his mind.

Val.

“Investigators said they are still baffled that such a large ship could have disappeared without any warning,” the broadcaster was saying. “They do not believe the ship was stolen or attacked – otherwise the ship would have called for help. However, the ship’s disappearance has no plausible explanation –” The broadcaster suddenly put his fingers to his ear, and a grin broke out on his face.

“This just in! The ship has been found – I repeat, the ship has been found! They found it at-”

The grin suddenly vanished on the broadcasters face as a look of horror entered his eyes. He stayed still, and the look on his face seemed to mean he was unclear how to continue. William stared at the screen, his eyes wide and his heart beating hard in his chest.

The broadcaster assumed a professional manner. He said in a grave voice:

“The S.S. Anne has been found at the bottom of the ocean. Someone has sunk the greatest ship in the world.”

Val.
[+] Team's Staus
TEAM:
Fleance (Nidoking) Level 32
Tybalt (Charmeleon) Level 27
Desdemona (Butterfree) Level 27
Virgilia (Wartortle) Level 26
Percy (Pikachu) Level 24

BOX:
Mercutio (Zubat) Level 6
Henry (Ratatta) Level 4
Romeo (Pidgey) Level 15

DEAD:
Juliet (Spearow)
[+] Thoughts on this chapter
Nothing else scary happened in the Rock Tunnel, so I wrapped it up quickly.

I always thought that Lavender Town didn't just sound depressing - it looked depressing. Did you all like the description?

Also, in case you all haven't noticed, I caught a Nidoran (female) before entering Rock Tunnel. I just didn't really write about it. I haven't had many catches since...forever because I've had rotten luck. Ran into three Pidgeys for three routes in a row, and then I got the Nidoran (female) outside of Rock Tunnel, and then I ran into a Zubat inside Rock Tunnel. It has not been good luck.

As far as Val is concerned...Predictions? Guesses? Speculations?
[+] Pathetic Excuse for lateness

Got home three hours later than intended last night, so I feel asleep the instant I got home. And then this morning I logged on and saw lyrical had chosen me for featured story runs (which I am SO excited about by the way), so I went on a crazy reading hunt. Then I remembered I had my OWN story run to update... :sweatdrop:

So sorry about the wait. Hope you guys liked this chapter :)

I won't let doing the Featured Story Run thing slow down my updating speed again...

Verminator

February 21st, 2011, 1:20 am #149

Bob, with great power comes great responsibility. That's a perfectly reasonable excuse.

As for this chapter, you did well in portraying Lavender town as a depressing shithole. Which, of course, it is and always has been. I can't stand the music in that place.

I'm guessing there's more going with Val than I'm expecting. My Story Sense is telling me that she's not only involved with what's going on but maybe even implicit. I got a shady feeling from her. I'm not sure why Jimmy would sink the ship, though I'm sure these things will be revealed in time.
Except for here.
[+] Spoiler
Banner by Kynim, whose art is currently being investigated as a possible cancer cure.

QKNC
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Conqueror of the Olivine Gym

February 21st, 2011, 2:40 am #150

[+] Spoiler
Tbh, since she started macking on William, I've felt shady vibes coming off of her, like she's hiding something. Could've just been part of her sad past, but I find it more likely that there's something fishy going on. Either way, I'm willing to bet that she's alive. Somehow, some way. IMO, it would be strange if she was suddenly cut out of the story at this point.

And good luck with the featured story runs thread :)

Kynim
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

February 21st, 2011, 4:05 am #151

YOU SCARED ME WITH THAT ROCK THROW BIT.

And then Lavender Town....hnng, I got chills bro. Even though I do not plan to nuzlocke or play that game, lavender town gives me bad vibes.

Diamond Run - FINISHED / White Run - FINISHED

I have sinned in these forums :( - 3/31/2015

Velvet

February 21st, 2011, 5:45 am #152

[+] Thoughts on Chapter 34:
Nothing like a good scare to get you up and moving, right? I'm glad it was just a scare, though, and nothing more serious happened in the tunnel. Almost losing Des was bad enough.

'Cursing out load' = 'cursing out loud', right? And 'He had suspensions' should probably be 'He had suspicions'...

Hm... Who could the eighth gym leader have been, and what could he/she have done to piss off Jimmy? (One obvious guess could be Janine/Jade; while she normally takes over Koga's gym, this is very definitely an AU, so perhaps she could have been serving as one just like her sister? Or it could be Mr. Fuji... maybe.)

Of course, it wouldn't necessarily have to be something the gym leader did... Given how public opinion had already turned against him and his harsh methods before he went on his rampage, I could see where some jerks could have defiled the graves of his pokemon, or the public insisting they were removed from the Tower because they weren't 'good enough' to reside there...

...That particular Nurse Joy is... interesting. I wonder if she doesn't see a lot of business/visitors passing through, and has to find ways to pass the time...
[+] Speculation on Val...
I'm just going to go ahead and say it: I think Val and her brother might be Silph's missing children. Before, when she was confiding in Will, she alluded to how their father wasn't around the way she needed them to be, and she felt pressure to raise her brother on her own, leading to her suicide by drowning attempt. ...What I haven't quite decided yet is whether or not the people who rescued her became their 'family' as in the Team Rocket sort of family, or if they were actually good people, and that the real reason Val has started traveling/expects to die is because she could tell Team Rocket (and/or Jimmy? I'm really concerned that he's actually working with/running the Rockets here, as that makes far too much sense given his allusions to having scientists working for him...) was sniffing around, and she didn't want their foster family caught in the crossfire.

If the former is the case, then Val may have been part of the plot to blow up the boat. Alternately, though, she and her sibling may have been running from their former benefactors, and simply got caught. If that's the case -- or if they were fleeing the Rockets/Jimmy without the added wrinkle of being under their care for a few years -- then Jimmy probably blew up the S.S. Anne to cover their/her extraction. That, and he wants to keep the world afraid of him.

TrainerBOB

February 21st, 2011, 6:17 am #153

[+] replies!
Verminator wrote:Bob, with great power comes great responsibility. That's a perfectly reasonable excuse.

As for this chapter, you did well in portraying Lavender town as a depressing shithole. Which, of course, it is and always has been. I can't stand the music in that place.

I'm guessing there's more going with Val than I'm expecting. My Story Sense is telling me that she's not only involved with what's going on but maybe even implicit. I got a shady feeling from her. I'm not sure why Jimmy would sink the ship, though I'm sure these things will be revealed in time.
Thanks Verminator, I just feel bad for not updating when I said I would...

I'm glad you enjoyed the town's description! I hate the music too - that town is the one place where I turn the sound off.
QKNC wrote:Tbh, since she started macking on William, I've felt shady vibes coming off of her, like she's hiding something. Could've just been part of her sad past, but I find it more likely that there's something fishy going on. Either way, I'm willing to bet that she's alive. Somehow, some way. IMO, it would be strange if she was suddenly cut out of the story at this point.

And good luck with the featured story runs thread :)
Can't comment too much on Val...but that should tell you that I have something planned ;)
And thank you for the luck - I'm really excited to be doing it!
Kynim wrote:YOU SCARED ME WITH THAT ROCK THROW BIT.

And then Lavender Town....hnng, I got chills bro. Even though I do not plan to nuzlocke or play that game, lavender town gives me bad vibes.
The rock throw scared the crap out of me too!
And thanks! Lavender Town always gave me chills too...especially the dialogue of the other people.
Velvet wrote:
[+] Thoughts on Chapter 34:
othing like a good scare to get you up and moving, right? I'm glad it was just a scare, though, and nothing more serious happened in the tunnel. Almost losing Des was bad enough.

'Cursing out load' = 'cursing out loud', right? And 'He had suspensions' should probably be 'He had suspicions'...

Hm... Who could the eighth gym leader have been, and what could he/she have done to piss off Jimmy? (One obvious guess could be Janine/Jade; while she normally takes over Koga's gym, this is very definitely an AU, so perhaps she could have been serving as one just like her sister? Or it could be Mr. Fuji... maybe.)

Of course, it wouldn't necessarily have to be something the gym leader did... Given how public opinion had already turned against him and his harsh methods before he went on his rampage, I could see where some jerks could have defiled the graves of his pokemon, or the public insisting they were removed from the Tower because they weren't 'good enough' to reside there...

...That particular Nurse Joy is... interesting. I wonder if she doesn't see a lot of business/visitors passing through, and has to find ways to pass the time...
[+] Speculation on Val...
I'm just going to go ahead and say it: I think Val and her brother might be Silph's missing children. Before, when she was confiding in Will, she alluded to how their father wasn't around the way she needed them to be, and she felt pressure to raise her brother on her own, leading to her suicide by drowning attempt. ...What I haven't quite decided yet is whether or not the people who rescued her became their 'family' as in the Team Rocket sort of family, or if they were actually good people, and that the real reason Val has started traveling/expects to die is because she could tell Team Rocket (and/or Jimmy? I'm really concerned that he's actually working with/running the Rockets here, as that makes far too much sense given his allusions to having scientists working for him...) was sniffing around, and she didn't want their foster family caught in the crossfire.

If the former is the case, then Val may have been part of the plot to blow up the boat. Alternately, though, she and her sibling may have been running from their former benefactors, and simply got caught. If that's the case -- or if they were fleeing the Rockets/Jimmy without the added wrinkle of being under their care for a few years -- then Jimmy probably blew up the S.S. Anne to cover their/her extraction. That, and he wants to keep the world afraid of him.
Thanks for catching those errors Velvet! I think I rushed that chapter a bit, so a few more slipped by than normal.

The eighth gym leader was someone who is an actual character in the game. You haven't guessed right yet, but I'll be revealing it in a few chapters and I don't think it will be too big of a plot bomb. Well...maybe the reason why Jimmy went there will be...

As far as your speculations for Val goes...I can't comment ;) Thank you for the speculations all the same though, they do help my writing. Speculations and guesses always help, since they tell me when I'm digging clues too deep or when I'm being too obvious.
Thank you everyone for the comments! And now...here's another chapter!

Chapter Thirty-Five
[+] Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Five: Falling

“Mr. Silph, what are we going to do?”

“The stocks are falling lower and lower Mr. Silph!”

“Our primary investors pulled out Mr. Silph!”

“Mr. Silph, what are we going to do?”

“Everyone, calm down!” Mr. Silph screamed, no longer able to take it. He stood at the head of the long wooden table in the meeting room. An emergency board meeting had been called due to the sinking of the S. S. Anne. The rest of the board members sat in their seats, terrified and scared. Sweat glistened on their bald heads, and they looked to Mr. Silph nervously.

“Need I remind you that Silph Co. is the largest company in Kanto?” Mr. Silph asked, his voice sharp. “We invested hugely in something that has failed miserably. We will suffer from this. But our company is not about to go out of business.”

The commotion and screaming in the room had stopped, but the men of the board still looked at each other nervously. Mr. Silph sat down in his chair, giving them all a stern look.

“Now – give me our options to recover from this,” Mr. Silph said, keeping his voice calm.

“Well,” one board member piped up, “We can’t mass-market the Silph Scope since the prototype was stolen. We can’t expect that to pull us out.”

“And,” another said, “Process on making the Master Ball has been incredibly slow ever since the digital files containing construction information were tampered with. We can’t expect that to pull us out.”

“The scientist who said he found a way to make an item called “Mega Repels” has vanished,” another board member said. “His plans for such an item have vanished as well, and the police expect him to be dead. We can’t expect that to pull us out.”

Mr. Silph felt his muscles tense and he said in a very cold voice.

“This is all very nice…but none of it helps get us out of our current situation. Does anyone have a solution to suggest?”

The board was silent for a straight minute while Mr. Silph stared them all down.

“I guess not,” Mr. Silph snapped.

“It isn’t our fault we can’t think of a solution Mr. Silph,” one of the board members said. “That isn’t our job; as head of the company it is yours.”

Every man in the room felt a chill emit from Mr. Silph as his face tightened, and his eyes narrowed.

“Oh?” Mr. Silph asked, raising one eyebrow in a dangerous manner. “Very well then. Get out of here. Now. You are all fired.”

“What?” One exclaimed.

“That’s ridiculous!” Another complained.

“That’s absurd!” One snapped.

“You can’t do that – we all own stock!” Another blurted out.

Mr. Silph pulled out his checkbook and slammed it on the table.

“Not any more – I’m buying all of you out.”

“But even you can’t afford to do that!” A board member protested.

Mr. Silph ignored him as he wrote out seven checks – one for each board member. Then he looked up to the board member who had spoken, and said in a cutting, menacing voice,

“Don’t you dare tell me what I can and can’t afford to do!” Mr. Silph snapped. “Now get the hell out of my god damned company!”

------------------------------------------------

William was sitting in a chair on the ground floor of the Lavender Tower. He was wearing a suit – the suit that Val had measured for him but had not made for him.

He wished she had made it.

A memorial service for all those who had died in the sinking of the S. S. Anne was being held in the Pokemon Tower. It was mostly old, wrinkly men and women who were there, all of them looking sad and depressed. Their eyes held little life though.

William felt like he was sitting there in the service alone.

A priest stood up at a podium in front of the small gathering of people. He was saying that those who died on the S.S. Anne were in a better place now. He was saying that they were now safe and out of the reach of evil.

“We should be happy for them,” the priest said, spreading his arms wide.

William did not feel happy for Val. He was picturing her screaming as the boat filled with water. He was pictured her face turn blue while a gray tentacle wrapped around her throat. He was picturing the life leave her eyes…

“Amen.” The priest said, finishing his prayer.

“Amen.” The crowd repeated.

William did not repeat the prayer after the priest like everyone else had. He stayed seated while the crowd departed, waiting to be truly alone. It wasn’t long before everyone had left the Pokemon Tower – it was not a place most people tarried at.

When he was finally alone, William closed his eyes, and he bent his head over. Percy, who was standing in the seat next to William, watched his trainer anxiously, his ears occasionally twitching.

“Val…” William said in a clear strong voice. He did not whisper. “I didn’t know you for very long…yet I felt this strange connection to you. You were special. You were different. You didn’t deserve to die. Hell, most people don’t, but especially not you.” William took a deep breath and steadied himself. He felt like he was going to start crying.

“I’m going to keep going on my journey Val. But when I find out who sunk that ship…when I find out who did this too you…I will ensure that there is justice.” His voice was fierce and cold.

“Arecus…give me the strength to carry out this justifiable revenge. Allow me the chance to find out who committed this crime. Light my path. Guide me.

William opened his eyes, and then said solemnly and seriously,

“Amen.”

William leaned back in his seat and sighed. He wanted to sit there in complete silence, but he was not allowed that pleasure.

“You’ve changed William,” someone said.

William turned his head, and found himself staring at Chris Oak. His rival was leaning against a column with his arms crossed over his chest. His face was calm, and there had been no malice in his tone.

“Chris,” William acknowledged him simple. He felt that for some reason, he should be angry and mad. But William found no emotion inside of him.

Chris nodded his head to William. Percy climbed into William’s lap, and he looked up to his trainer, watching him cautiously.

“What are you doing here?” William asked Chris.

“I was burying a Pokemon upstairs,” Chris said, neither bluntly nor cautiously. His voice was casual, but his eyes were serious and sad.

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“I’m…I’m sorry.”

Chris shrugged, his eyes avoiding William’s gaze and looking to the ground.

“Would you like to sit down?” William asked, indicating to the chair next to him. Chris looked up, and there was a strange look in his eyes. It took William a few seconds to find the word for it.

Vulnerability. The shield was down; the armor had been taken off. Chris was acting like a decent, normal human being for a change.

“Sure.” Chris said, walking over and taking a seat.

The young men sat there for a few seconds, both of them staring straight ahead and not looking at the other.

“So were you here for the memorial service?” Chris asked.

“Yeah.”

“Was she on the boat when it…” William knew whom he was referring to.

“Yes.”

“Did you love her?”

William considered the question, and found he wasn’t sure what the answer was.

“I don’t know…I hadn’t known her for very long.” He said slowly. “But…she meant something to me.”

Chris nodded, but did not comment further.

“Who did you lose?” William asked.

“My Raticate. Just had gotten it evolved.”

“How did it happen?”

“I was battling Erika, and she taunted me about taking the easy way out by using my Vulpix. So, I was a little prick and switched to Raticate,” Chris’s voice was bitter, and his eyes down casted as he talked. “She killed him then. On purpose.”

William was stunned. He asked in a quiet voice.

“Why?”

Chris shrugged and looked back up, though he still avoided William’s eyes.

“She’s…she’s somehow connected to Jimmy. She has something against him…so she’s against me…”

“Us,” William said, watching Chris carefully. “She’s against us.”

Chris turned his head and looked straight into William’s eyes. William held his gaze, his own face stern but sincere.

“Thanks Will.”

William shrugged.

“So…what do you think of…this whole Jimmy thing?” Chris asked, his voice casual. The air between them was not as tense and awkward as it had been before, but the uneasiness was still there.

“I…I actually have something to tell you about that,” William said. “He’s definitely alive Chris. He called Surge, and told the gym leader to kill me.”

“Oh.”

“Surge…Surge disobeyed Jimmy and now he’s on the run.” William said, thinking of the gym leader now. William wondered where he was…

“The guy seemed like he’d be pretty cool,” Chris said.

“Yeah, he is.”

There was an awkward moment of silence between them, before Chris said.

“I hope you end up alright man…I’ll help you out whenever I can.”

“Thanks dude.”

“We could travel together?” Chris offered.

“Nah, you don’t want to be near me,” William said. “I’m attracting trouble. Besides, I’m still a gym behind you, I’d be slowing you down.”

“Oh.” Chris said. “Okay.” The response was quick and abrupt like, and William felt like Chris had wanted him to say yes.

The two sat there in for another long minute in silence, both of them processing and considering what the other had said.

“So…” Chris said in a long drawn out voice. “Being…enemies and shit…I think this is where we’re suppose to battle?”

“Yeah,” William said, with a sigh. “I don’t know about you, but I’m really not feeling it.”

“Yeah,” Chris said in agreement. “Me neither.”

They both stood up then, feeling the conversation was over. Percy climbed up William’s body, and perched on his shoulder.

They walked together outside of the Pokemon Tower, neither of them saying a word. When they reached the outside, the sun was setting, and the sky was a lit in a beautiful way.

“Good luck Chris,” William said.

“Good luck William.”

And the two parted ways. They both somehow knew they were going in opposite directions. William somehow knew Chris would push on into the wilderness, and Chris somehow knew William was heading back to the Pokemon center to let his Pokemon rest. Neither judged or resented the other for their method. They merely accepted they were different.

Percy watched his trainer nervously as they walked back to the Pokemon center. William wasn’t saying anything; he was merely looking ahead, thinking in deep thought.

Percy had saw the way Juliet’s death had affected William. It had nearly destroyed him. William had blamed himself for the deeds and horrible actions of another. Percy knew William still felt that way.

Percy remembered the fight with the Mankey. Percy remembered killing the Mankey. Percy remembered his thoughts and feelings as he killed the Mankey.

Percy knew he would have killed that Mankey regardless of whether or not William had continued to order him to attack. Percy wanted that Mankey to die. Not for what the Mankey had physically done to Juliet, but for what the Mankey had mentally done to William. Percy was Juliet’s friend and comrade. But William was Percy’s Arceus – an Arceus that treated Percy like a fellow equal.

A death of one friend had nearly destroyed William – so how was William handling the death of someone he had romantically loved? Percy knew William was bottling it deep inside him, to keep his Pokemon from becoming concern. Of course, Percy and the rest of William’s team knew better.

Percy wished now more than ever that his trainer could understand him. Percy wished he could speak the human tongue.

The Pikachu sighed, and he turned his eyes to look up at the stars.

“You okay Percy?” William asked.

Percy turned to look at his trainer, and the electric Pokemon forced a smile.

“Pika!”

William smiled at his electric Pokemon.

“We probably should be getting back on the road…but I want to make sure we rest up. I really don’t think he’s going to find us here.”

Percy nodded in agreement – knowing that William needed the rest the most out of all of them.

A man in a large black overcoat watched William walk into the center and considered his options.

He could kill William and his Pokemon now.

Or he could do so tomorrow.

The man bit down on his lip. He knew William would be going into the wild tomorrow – he would be vulnerable there. As much as the man wanted to kill as soon as possible, he didn’t want to get caught…or worse…stopped.

Besides, the man was tired. He had just come from aiding in sinking the S.S. Anne, he deserved some rest.

James turned and walked away, smirking as he did so. Along with his large black overcoat, James was wearing a black top hat to cover his hair that was dyed the ridiculous blue. He knew he could not fail tomorrow.

After all, he had a gym leader’s Pokemon.
[+] Thoughts on this chapter
Chris's character development made sense...to me at least. Not sure what you all thought of it. I know I haven't really properly explained his first gym battle yet, but I' planning to. Anyway, it made sense to me because life is kind of forcing him to grow up. I hope you liked the conversation, I figured it was more interesting then writing about sweeping Chris's team...again.

No changes in team, so no Team Status thing.
Next chapter will probably be posted late Monday nightish. Maybe, thought not likely, mid afternoon. We'll see.

Velvet

February 21st, 2011, 8:22 am #154

[+] Thoughts on 35:
Boy, the board members are pretty much useless, aren't they? "We can't expect [fill in the blank] to pull us out; OMG OMG what are we gonna do HALP!" And then that one idiot tries to claim it's all up to Silph to fix things, when they should be working together and not pointing fingers... and it's epically stupid to point fingers at your BOSS.

And Mr. Silph effectively goes "Screw the rules, I have money!" I do wonder, though, how big a bite that took out of his finances; even if he is stupidly wealthy...

It makes sense that a service would be held in Lavender Tower; I imagine similar gatherings are being held all across Kanto, to help people deal with their shock and grief. Probably the worst of Will's mental images would have to be the bit with the tentacool; it only makes sense he'd be reminded of that jarring death...

His prayer to Arceus was... more than a little foreboding, but given the circumstances...

Rival Chris... wants to talk? Makes sense; plus, now William knows exactly what Erika did, which could play into his own battle with her. She was needlessly cruel to Chris; now that he's aware of this, Will hopefully won't underestimate what she's capable of during their fight. Question is, will he wind up killing one of hers...? It wouldn't even have to be on purpose; more a case of him pushing too hard to ensure she doesn't pull the same sort of crap on him...

The ending... wait, Will walked into the gym? Did you mean the center? :confuse: B-but anyway, looks like James is about to pull an "I EXIST TOO!" on Will. But... whose pokemon is he using...?
[+] One last, stray thought about Val...
While it would be quite shocking for Val to have actually died at this juncture, I keep thinking about the fact that, well... she has a brother. If they are, in fact, the missing children of Silph, then whoever wants the information they have... would only need one of them. It would be easy enough to have killed her brother off at this point, but it could also go the other way -- and would, again, be a jarring turn of events.

Entice

February 21st, 2011, 9:47 am #155

[+] Thoughts.
Another brilliant chapter. I like what you rid with Chris and Will, it shows how the two are growing, maturing. I think that when it comes down t the final battle between Jimmy and Willl, Chis will be right by Wills side. Atleast, I hope. Keep up the good work man.
My computer sucks.

TrainerBOB

February 21st, 2011, 11:44 am #156

[+] Replies
Velvet wrote:
[+] Thoughts on 35:
Boy, the board members are pretty much useless, aren't they? "We can't expect [fill in the blank] to pull us out; OMG OMG what are we gonna do HALP!" And then that one idiot tries to claim it's all up to Silph to fix things, when they should be working together and not pointing fingers... and it's epically stupid to point fingers at your BOSS.

And Mr. Silph effectively goes "Screw the rules, I have money!" I do wonder, though, how big a bite that took out of his finances; even if he is stupidly wealthy...

It makes sense that a service would be held in Lavender Tower; I imagine similar gatherings are being held all across Kanto, to help people deal with their shock and grief. Probably the worst of Will's mental images would have to be the bit with the tentacool; it only makes sense he'd be reminded of that jarring death...

His prayer to Arceus was... more than a little foreboding, but given the circumstances...

Rival Chris... wants to talk? Makes sense; plus, now William knows exactly what Erika did, which could play into his own battle with her. She was needlessly cruel to Chris; now that he's aware of this, Will hopefully won't underestimate what she's capable of during their fight. Question is, will he wind up killing one of hers...? It wouldn't even have to be on purpose; more a case of him pushing too hard to ensure she doesn't pull the same sort of crap on him...

The ending... wait, Will walked into the gym? Did you mean the center? B-but anyway, looks like James is about to pull an "I EXIST TOO!" on Will. But... whose pokemon is he using...?
[+] One last stray thought about Val...
While it would be quite shocking for Val to have actually died at this juncture, I keep thinking about the fact that, well... she has a brother. If they are, in fact, the missing children of Silph, then whoever wants the information they have... would only need one of them. It would be easy enough to have killed her brother off at this point, but it could also go the other way -- and would, again, be a jarring turn of events.
Oh, crude, crude, crude, crude, crude! Yes, I meant the ceneter, gah! Silly mistakes lol. Word doesn't catch the wrong word syndrome.
Thanks Velvet :smile: If it weren't for you, my run would be riddled with the logical errors.

Mr. Silph is quite rich...but the past few hours substantially hurt his finances. With the company's stock rapidly dropping and him just spending many millions of dollars to fire people, his wallet has been hurt quite a bit.

Erika is going to be...interesting. I can promise you that much.

Thanks again for catching that Velvet, as I've said before, you have very sharp eyes.
Entice wrote:
[+] Thoughts
Another brilliant chapter. I like what you rid with Chris and Will, it shows how the two are growing, maturing. I think that when it comes down t the final battle between Jimmy and Willl, Chis will be right by Wills side. Atleast, I hope. Keep up the good work man.
Thank you Entice! The final battle...is going to be unexpected. I'll tell you that. :)
Thanks for the comments :smile: . The next chapter will actually be posted soon. I woke up early, and couldn't get it out of my head...so I'm literally getting it out of my head.
Stay posted, I'm starting it right now...

Verminator

February 21st, 2011, 11:52 am #157

Silph: Badass CEO extraordinaire. That was a great chapter.
Except for here.
[+] Spoiler

TrainerBOB

February 21st, 2011, 12:47 pm #158

[+] Reply
Verminator wrote:Silph: Badass CEO extraordinaire. That was a great chapter.
Thanks Verminator! Mr. Silph is sort of a badass...
New Chapter...

Chapter Thirty-Six
[+] Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Six: Forever Loyal

William was walking in the grassy fields of Route 8. He liked this much better than Lavender Town. The land seemed alive here. The wind roared through the air with life. The grass was smooth and soft, and danced as William walked. He heard the chirpings of wild Pokemon, in place of the eerie silence in Lavender Town.

Percy walked along side William rather than perching on his shoulder. He occasionally looked up to his trainer, grinning, and William couldn’t help but smile back. The events of yesterday still pressed against his mind, but the atmosphere around him was light and happy.

He was not at all prepared for what was about to happen.

Without any warning, James, along with a Kadabra, teleported and appeared out of thin air about ten yards in front of William.

William gave a start, gasping as he recognized the Team Rocket member. James’s hair was as wild as ever, the straight hair reached the bottom of his neck and it was dyed blue. He was wearing the white uniform of a Team Rocket executive, and William was struck again at how young he was to be in a position of power with Team Rocket.

“Hello William,” James said, grinning. “Kadabra, go.”

Before William could react or send out a Pokemon, his arms were glued to the sides of his body by some invisible force. He was lifted several inches off the ground.

And that was when the pain started.

William let out a terrifying scream as he felt a horribly amount of pressure being applied to his head. It felt like his head was splitting in half, yet staying together all the same. His head twisted around as he screamed, trying desperately to shake away the pain.

Percy sprinted forward and performed a quick attack on the Kadabra, screaming at the Pokemon as he did so. But the Kadabra brushed Percy aside with a psychic-type attack before Percy could even reach James’s Pokemon.

Percy was sent flying through the air, and landed on the ground several yards away, where he struggled to get up. His cheeks sparkled with electricity, and he let lose a wicked electrical attack. This was no Thundershock. This was Thunderbolt.

But the electricity stopped before it reached the Kadabra. It made a sudden u-turn in the air and struck Percy. The Pikachu squealed in pain, and then it laid of the ground, panting.

“You’ve caused us several problems William,” James said, his voice and eyes dark. “You made it quite difficult to get the fossil at Mt. Moon. We got it in the end…and it wasn’t even the fossil we needed…but still…Team Rocket doesn’t like it when things are made difficult for them.”

William could feel the balls on his belt shake and wobble, and he realized that his Pokemon were trying to get out. But the Kadabra was forcing them to stay inside…

The Kadabra broke out into a large grin as he watched William wither in pain. His eyes were fixated on William, and he held the single spoon up in the air,.

“And here I thought this might be difficult?” James scoffed. “Hah! You’re pathetic. Kadabra – finish him off. Kill him with a Psybeam.”

Kadabra grinned as he lowered his spoon, and pointed it at William’s chest.

“Goodbye William.” James said, his eyes cold and his mouth grinning.

A purple beam of psychic power shot out of Kadabra’s spoon and beamed through the air towards William…

William watched it come at him, thinking of his mother, Val, Chris, Jimmy.

William thought of his Pokemon. Fleance… Tybalt… Virgilia… Brabantio… Desdemona…

And Percy.

Percy, who was now in the air right in front of William.

Percy had leapt through the air and had spread his body out as wide as he could as he had jumped. The purple beam hit him instead of William, and the Pikachu was propelled backwards into William’s chest.

The psychical force broke William free of Kadabra’s psychic hold on him. William stumbled to the ground, where he wasted no time. Holding his Pikachu in one arm, William unclipped a ball from his belt desperately at random and sent it flying through the air.

Tybalt, his Charmeleon, came out, roaring a battle cry.

“Shit!” James exclaimed. “Kadabra, take care of it!”

But before Kadabra could do anything, Tybalt had already reached the Psychic Pokemon. His claws swiped down onto the Kadabra, and cut several long gashes into the sides of Kadabra’s body. Blood dripped down to the ground and Tybalt’s claws were purged in it.

Kadabra shrinked as it stumbled backwards. Then, upon remembering its Psychic powers, the Pokemon teleported away. It reappeared at James’s side, who’s face had gone white and cold.

“Let’s get out of here!” he ordered. He reached down and grabbed the bloody shoulder of the Kadabra and…

They were gone.

William, whose body was still trembling, recalled his Charmeleon. He stood there, looking around, fearing a second attack. None came. He finally let out a sigh, and said to his Pokemon,

“Thanks Percy…you saved my life.”

The Pikachu didn’t respond.

“Percy?” William asked curiously, looking down to the Pikachu in his arms.

Percy’s ears didn’t twitch, as they were accustomed to when Wllliam was talking.

“Percy?” William asked again, in a frail voice.

Percy’s cheeks didn’t sparkle with electricity, as they had always done.

“Percy?” William asked again, now falling to his knees. All at once, his Pokemon let themselves out of their balls. They gathered around William, in a hushed silence, none of them believing it…but all of them seeing it.

Percy’s eyes were glazed over. There was a sad look on the Pikachu’s face.

“Percy…Percy no…please no…”

Percy’s eyes were not necessarily devoid of life. There was a sad look in his eyes; a sad look that was frozen there forever.

“No! You can’t do this!” William was now screaming, and his entire body was trembling. He felt a strong hand on his shoulder, and he turned around. Fleance stood there, resting his hand on William’s shoulder.

Tears were forming in the corners of the Nidoking’s eyes.

“NO!” William screamed at his Nidoking. “He’s not dead! Damnit! He’s not dead!” William spun his head back around to Percy, and he desperately reached his free hand into his backpack. He pulled out a Super Potion and sprayed it on the body of his Pikachu.

“This will work!” William exclaimed. “THIS WILL WORK!”

The healing juices had no effect on William’s Pikachu. He tossed the bottle aside and reached into the bag for another one.

“He just needs one more!” William yelled. He sprayed it on his Pikachu.

There was no effect.

“No…no…no…” Tears now feel freely down William’s face. “NO!”

He held his Pikachu close to him, refusing to let him go, gripping the body of his starter Pokemon tight.

“NO!” William let out a last, horrid scream. The pain he felt now was worst than anything that Kadabra had, or could had done to him. The pain he felt now was worse than the pain he had felt when the Scyther sliced his arm.

William imagined the pain he felt now was like dying.

Only worst.

William sobbed now, freely and uncontrolled. He still refused to let Percy go; he didn’t want to think it; he didn’t want to let the thought come to his mind.

But it came all the same.

I have to bury him now.

“No…no…no…” William moaned in between groans.

Percy is dead.
[+] Thoughts
WARNING: READ THE CHAPTER FIRST
[+] Spoiler
:crying:
Ran into a wild Kadabra while training. Tried to run away. Couldn't. It attacked with a Psybeam. I wasn't too worried, Percy had full health.
Critical hit.
OHKO.
I feel a little dirty for using Percy's bad-luck death for plot purposes. At the same time, I wasn't going to portray a bro dying in such a bad-luck way...
Anyway...the game won't let me release Percy since it's Yellow, so he's just sitting in the box. But he is considered dead. I cannot use him.
[+] Team Status
WARNING! READ CHAPTER FIRST.
[+] Spoiler
Fleance (Nidoking) Level 33
Tybalt (Charmeleon) Level 32
Desdemona (Butterfree) Level 29
Virgilia (Wartortle) level 26

BOX:
Mercutio (Zubat) Level 6
Henry (Ratatta) Level 4
Romeo (Pidgey) Level 15

DEAD:
Juliet (Spearow)
Percy (Pikachu) Level 5-Level 26
Please spoiler-bag comments on this chapter...if they're about...you know...

Verminator

February 21st, 2011, 1:14 pm #159

[+] Spoiler

NO. SWEET JESUS NO. THIS SORT OF THING ISN'T ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

Kadabra and Alakazam are lethal. Absolutely lethal. To lose A Pokémon, especially your starter, in that kind of encounter is just downright cruel. Just...damn.
Except for here.
[+] Spoiler

schneeblefish
Conqueror of the Petalburg Gym
Conqueror of the Petalburg Gym

February 21st, 2011, 1:59 pm #160

[+] Spoiler
Ouch... always sucks to lose a starter... and to a crit, no less. Dem crits are absolutely lethal, no matter how you look at them.
Banner courtesy of Kynim, avatar of MrGregor.

Q&A BONUS CHAPTER (27/6/12)
Death count = 7
[+] Spoiler
Richard's pok?mon:
/ / / / /
Atlanta / Ace / Hermes / Lil' Jo / Ramiel / Orpheus

Kathryn's pok?mon:
/ / / / /
Frederick / Amelia / Aidan / Evie / Max / Lilly