Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Written Story Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!
MrGregor
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym

February 14th, 2011, 5:36 am #121

I still haven't caught up to the most recent, but it's been really good so far *__*
Plot twists. Plot twists everywhere. I should hurry and catch up, your update speed :krn:

TrainerBOB
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

February 14th, 2011, 6:12 pm #122

McGregor wrote:I still haven't caught up to the most recent, but it's been really good so far *__*
Plot twists. Plot twists everywhere. I should hurry and catch up, your update speed :krn:
Thank you! Yeah...you might have a chance to catchu up since the next few days are going to be hectic for me... :sweatdrop:
But I will still be posting Chapter 30 tonight, even if it kills me! :biggrin:

Verminator
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym

February 14th, 2011, 6:39 pm #123

AAAAAAH HOLY SHIT

Things just got hella grim. It is ON now.

As for the message, I've not a clue. I'll leave that to the clever people.
Hey! Verminator doesn't advertise!
Except for here.
[+] Spoiler
Banner by Kynim, whose art is currently being investigated as a possible cancer cure.

TrainerBOB

February 15th, 2011, 1:20 am #124

[+] Reply! :)
Verminator wrote:AAAAAAH HOLY SHIT

Things just got hella grim. It is ON now.

As for the message, I've not a clue. I'll leave that to the clever people.
Thank you! More grimness to come...just not in this chapter :sweatdrop:
Chapter Thirty
[+] Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty: Choice

William was sitting in the grassy fields of Route 6, his legs crisscrossed. The sun was clear in the sky, illuminating the land of Kanto. Blue skies stretched in all directions – there was not a cloud within William’s sight.

It was a beautiful day.

But it had an ominous feel to it.

His six traveling Pokemon surrounded him in a semi-circle. He had let them out of their balls, one by one. All except for Percy, who was already perched on his shoulder. When the other Pokemon were out though, the Pikachu climbed down to the ground. All his Pokemon looked to William, attentive.

They knew he wanted to talk to them.

After battling with Surge, William had stayed overnight in the gym. It was a stall tactic – they were hoping whoever was watching the gym would report back to Jimmy that William had never left it alive.

All the same, William had left the gym early that morning, when the city was still sleeping. Surge told William he was planning to leave an hour later.

Now, William sat rather peaceful in Route 6. The sun had risen about two hours ago, and William was preparing to enter the underground tunnel that would allow him to bypass Saffron City. But before he did so, he had to talk to his Pokemon.

“Listen everyone,” William said, looking around at his full team. “We need to talk…”

-----------------------

Virgila the Squirtle was sitting in her trainer’s lap, looking up at him. Her eyes were wide, and her body occasionally trembled.

“I’ve always wanted to be a Pokemon trainer,” William was saying. “This was my dream. In a way, it’s turned into a nightmare.”

Her old trainer, Surge, had spoken to her before William had challenged him. Surge had told Virgila that she was going to be given away to a new trainer, one that would train her.

“The world is a lot darker place then I thought it would be,” William was saying. “I’m not going to lie, I’m a little scared now.”

She would have to prove herself, Surge had told Virgila. The world was a dangerous place, and she would have to be tough. But he had faith in her, after all – he said – he was giving her to a very good trainer. And she needed to do well. Her new trainer desperately needed help.

“But I know what I am going to do,” William said.

So, Virgila was scared. She was shy of her new trainer. But, in her eyes, there was a small glint of determination.

She would not let Surge down. She would not let her new trainer down.

But most of all, she was determined that she would not let herself down.

-----------------------

Tybalt, the Charmeleon, was lying on his side in the grass, his fiery tail pointed up into the air. His red, scaly skin gleamed in the sunlight, and the Pokemon was admiring his sharp, white claws while William spoke.

“I’m going to fight,” William was saying. “I’m going to fight the evil that is in this world.”

Tybalt hated his old trainer. Todd was a wimp. He called quits at the wrong times – always too early. As much as he said he wanted to become a Pokemon trainer, the guy didn’t understand battling.

Tybalt loved a good fight. He loved the thrill of unleashing fire from his jaws, the trill from slashing through the air with his claws, the thrill of fighting off the shadow of death himself.

Tybalt was fiery; he wanted to fight.

“I’m not going to just give up,” William said. “I’m planning on fighting, even if it kills me.”

Tybalt grinned. He liked this trainer.

-----------------------

Brabantio, the Ivysaur, sat on his butt while William talked, nodding his head up and down as he listened.

“As I said…becoming a trainer and attempting the Pokemon League is a dream for me. But…but then things became a nightmare.”

Brabantio had been meant as a gift to a woman’s son. But then he had died, killed by Team Rocket. The Ivysuar knew he had been lucky that William had come a long, otherwise he would be stuck in Cerulean City forever.

He would never have gotten the chance to see the world.

“This started out as an adventure,” William said. “It has turned into a disaster. I have found out I’ve been lied to. My whole life. And…part of me isn’t sure who I am anymore. The only absolute is I still want to be a trainer. I still want to become a master.”

Brabantio was eager. He was adventurous. He wanted to do and see it all.

“This is now more than quest to win the challenge of the Pokemon League,” William was saying. “This has become a personal quest for me. An adventure, I guess.”

Brabantio broke out into a huge smile.

After all, he liked adventures.

-----------------------

Desdemona, the Butterfree, fluttered in the air while William talked.

“I’m sorry this has taken a dark turn,” William was saying. “And…and I’m still sorry about Juliet.”

Desdemona believed she was a good judge of character. She had not fought when William attempted to catch her; she had simply let the ball draw her in. She knew she would be in good hands. She somehow knew by instinct.

Desdemona thought it must be the look she saw between William and his Pikachu when William stumbled across her as a Caterpie.

It was a look of love.

“I hated myself when she died,” William was saying, as he casted his eyes up to the sky. “I hated myself.”

Desdemona did not hate William when Juliet died. She hated the trainer who had ordered the killing of Juliet.

It was the first time in her entire life that Desdemona had felt hate.

“I’m sorry…something like that could happen to any of you…and that kills me…” William was saying.

Desdemona knew it was true.

But, she believed William would do anything he could to keep it from happening.

“I’m sorry…” he said softly.

Desdemona knew because she knew he loved all of them.

“I’m so sorry…”

Almost as much as she loved him.

-----------------------

“This isn’t the way things were supposed to be,” William was saying, still looking up at the sky. “This was supposed to be just a chance for greatness. But, there’s evil out there…evil that is trying to stop us. I’m going to do the only thing I can do. I’m facing it head on.”

Fleance the Nidoking was standing on his two legs, listening to William speak. The Pokemon’s skin was a purple armor, and he had a white belly. His horn was sharp enough to poke through just about anything, and his tail could be swung in a force greater than his fists. There were sharp white claws on the end of his fingers and toes. His eyes were sharp, and a glance from any Nidoking could send trembles down one back. Especially a glance from Fleance.

Out of all of William’s Pokemon, he was currently the biggest, strongest, and most powerful.

But all those traits meant nothing to the Nidoking. Fleance was not proud of them.

He was proud of his bravery.

“I will not give in, or give up,” William was saying as he returned his eyes to his Pokemon. There was a steel glint in his eyes. “I refuse to be afraid of Jimmy Oak. My only fear is that he may take you all away from me. But I refuse to fear for my own life.”

Fleance had killed a Scyther. He had defeated an Onix. He had scared away a Sandslash. Fleance knew he was brave, and he was proud if it. He knew he deserved to be proud.

But Fleance believed there was someone braver than him.

“I promise to never give up,” William was saying. “I promise to never forget Juliet.”

William was the bravest human Fleance had ever meant in his life.

“I promise to never stop trying,” William said as he finished the oath. “I will stop Jimmy Oak.”

-----------------------

“There are going to be dangers. I may die. Any of you may die. Thus…I will not force any of you to follow me.”

Percy the Pikachu sat, listening attentively to what his trainer was saying. But his mind was partially in the past.

Percy knew that Eevee was a better Pokemon than Pikachu was. Eevee had the flexibility to evolve and became a variety of rare and useful types. All of those evolutions were better than the final evolution of Pikachu. Percy knew that. He understood that. He was a Pokemon, not a stupid animal.

“With that being said…anyone is free to leave,” William said. “It’s going to be dangerous, and we might not make it out alive. If you want to go, go. I won’t think badly of you.”

Percy had no intention of leaving his trainer. Percy would be forever loyal to William.

As soon as Percy was captured by the old man, he understood what was too happen. After all, Pokeballs are not soundproof. Percy could still hear inside of it.

Percy knew he was going to be given away to a trainer. One of two trainers. The other trainer was to receive an Eevee. A better Pokemon.

Percy thought he knew what was going to happen. He thought that when the trainer was given a Pikachu over an Eevee, that trainer would be jealous. That trainer would be disgusted with his choice. That trainer would hate the Pikachu for being what the trainer got. Percy was afraid.

But Percy was wrong. When William had chosen the Pikachu at random, he had not looked at the Pokemon in disgust. Rather, he had studied it with a genuine curiosity. He had even smiled. And all while the old man talked, William had continued to study Percy in eyes that held a sense of wonder.

Percy had never been more proud in his life.

Then, the other trainer had challenged William. Percy had been at first afraid. He knew Eevee was a better Pokemon. Percy thought he would surely lose.

William then asked Percy if he wanted to fight. And the Pikachu felt a sudden, burning desire to please his trainer. So he battled.

And he won. Percy won because his trainer had given him faith in himself. Percy won because his trainer was competent. Percy won because William was his trainer.

While Chris must have thought he had chosen the wrong Pokemon, Percy thought to himself he was chosen by the right trainer.

Percy knew now that his trainer was upset. His trainer was in danger. His trainer was hurt by the possibility that his father could be a very bad man. His trainer was hurt by the fact that he had been lied to – all his life.

Percy felt these emotions along with William. Because William was his trainer.

And Percy would be forever loyal to his trainer.

-----------------------

William stood up, and looked at his six Pokemon, not sure what to expect.

None of them moved.

“It’s dangerous guys…Jimmy Oak is powerful. He’ll probably kill me. The odds are against me. I’m not going to make anyone else face the same odds.”

Percy was first. The Pikachu climbed up William’s leg suddenly and stayed perched on his shoulder.

Fleance was second. The Nidoking feel to both his knees, and bowed deeply to his trainer. He then raised his head slowly, and poked a Pokeball on William’s belt, thus recalling himself back inside the sphere.

Then came Desdemona. The Butterfree fluttered to William’s face, and rubbed her eyelashes against his. Then, she too returned herself to her ball.

Then came Brabantio. He simply tapped his ball with one of his vines, thus recalling himself back inside.

Then came Tybalt. Grinning with wide sharp teeth, he walked up to William and poked a ball with one of his claws. He returned back inside the Pokeball.

Finally, Virgilia the Squirtle, who was at William’s feet, started jumping up and down, trying to reach something. William bent down to her, and she tapped her ball on his belt, a determined glint in her eyes. She returned herself to her ball.

William stood back up, feeling mixed emotions course through his mind.

“I guess…I guess we’re all together than.” William looked to Percy who was perched on his shoulder.

The Pikachu was smiling at him.

William wiped a tear out of his eye, and then he turned north.

Once again, it was time to head to Cerulean City.
[+] A few thoughts...
I'm a little sorry to spend a whole chapter on Pokemon character development...
At the same time, I'm fairly proud of this chapter, so I won't apologize for it too much ::P: I've felt these characterizations all along...I'm just now getting the chance to use them. I think it is necessary for the reader to feel them too, since...well...yeah.

Let me know what you guys think of them :)

Finally, I must give credit when it is due. The writing style I used to make the characterizations of my Pokemon is similar to the way Velvet characterizes hers in her story run. She just does it much better. There is a technical english term for this kind of writing...I just forgot it :v:

Chan-man
Indigo League Champion
Indigo League Champion

February 15th, 2011, 1:28 am #125

Pokemon development is important. It lets them know more about the Pokemon. Just don't post too much about them :P

Psyche
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

February 15th, 2011, 1:31 am #126

I like the one-at-a-time method here, it works good for a few uses in a story :3 Virgila should shape up nicely.
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

Epsi
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

February 15th, 2011, 5:21 am #127

An inspiring chapter of a great story, if I do say so. Which I do, so there.
Hello. Let's play some music.

Velvet
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

February 15th, 2011, 5:48 am #128

My, I have some catching up to do!
[+] All sorts of thoughts on Part 5 so far...
The revelations in the prelude... definitely very intriguing information there. Although... As soon as I read 'Janine', I was like "That name's familiar... does he mean...?" And then PLOTBOMB.

...So... Did you mean the same Janine? As in, Koga's daughter, Janine...?

...If so... That's... going to make the eventual match with Koga very interesting, to say the least... (And suddenly, the typo that made Jade pop up at Will's fitting all surprise-ninja-mom-like morphs into some sort of Freudian slip foreshadowing, or something.)

Twenty-Nine... really sort of rubs in just how horrible Oak's life really is. To think he lost three sons -- and the only one he knows for certain survived is Jimmy, aka the complete monster hated and feared by all of Kanto. If the other two survived, have they contacted him at all...?

...It's strange... that I only felt sorry for Bill after reading he was brave. That he realized what harm Jimmy could do with full access to his computers, and chose to make his last act one of defiance. Even if it was only delaying the inevitable... The fact that Jimmy even mentioned it was actually pretty surprising, too. Why give Oak that information? Why not let his father believe that he already had that access...?

...Was it that important to Jimmy to drive home the idea that his father was a coward? To drive that point home, rather than let him writhe with fear at the thought of all those pokemon and all that information being exploited by his son...?

Or... was he worried that it might drive Oak to action? To act, instead of reacting...?

...Wait. Jimmy has top engineers...? ...Oh, crap. Is-is Jimmy actually running Team Rocket...?! I-it would fit with their being so HARDCORE EVIL in this this, b-but... If that's the case, where is Giovanni...?

...I... have to admit, the fact Oak was faced with his son and did nothing was rather... jarring. As is his decision to... dispose discretely of Bill's remains. Regardless of what my opinion was of Bill before his death, everyone deserves a proper burial. And the idea that the professor sees him now as just... trash to be discarded before anyone else learns of his fate is just...

And jeez, poor Jade... Janine? Well, she thinks of herself as Jade here, so let's go with that. How terrifying is that...?

Oh, and don't apologize for Chapter Thirty! Character development is always good, and a decent reason to cut away from Pallet while your audience is all "AAAAAAHHHH nooooo Jaaaaddddeee and/or Janiiiiiineeeee and Oaaaaaakkk whyareyoubeingajerkOak stopreadingthedamnpaperandDOSOMETHING gaaaaaahhh..."

As heartbreaking as it would be for any of your team to die, obviously, I get the impression it'd be especially crushing if Virgilia dies. Simply because she was Surge's, and he gave her away. To become stronger, and to help William survive. If she died... how horrible would that feel? Will would probably blame himself even worse -- because Surge trusted him with her, and...

Tybalt's point of view is also interesting. A hot-tempered fire-type seems like a cliche, but the way he thought about his old trainer was fascinating. Seeing him as a weakling for giving up so easily... makes perfect sense, but you'd think he'd despise him for other reasons. And it's a good contrast with Brabantio's eagerness to adventure simply for adventure's sake.

Desdemona's thoughts on Juliet's death... make sense. Especially since she came so close to death so quickly after her... And Fleance thinking of Will as being so much braver than him is touching...

And Percy...

Well, of course he'd have the strongest bond. But I was surprised by him thinking that Eevee was a better starter, and being afraid that his trainer wouldn't approve of him... Good thing he ended up with Will.

That ending... Everyone returning themselves to their pokeballs, one by one... Really drives it home. That they're William's team, no matter what comes of it: they chose to stay.
Still Waters -- A Fire Red Nuzlocke Story Run

TrainerBOB

February 15th, 2011, 6:16 pm #129

[+] replies!
Chan-man wrote:Pokemon development is important. It lets them know more about the Pokemon. Just don't post too much about them :P
yeah, there won't be too many chapters like this.
Psyche wrote:I like the one-at-a-time method here, it works good for a few uses in a story :3 Virgila should shape up nicely.
Thank you, and she shall! :smile:
Epsilon wrote:An inspiring chapter of a great story, if I do say so. Which I do, so there.
Thank you! :blush:
Velvet wrote:My, I have some catching up to do!
[+] All sorts of thoughts on Part 5 so far...
The revelations in the prelude... definitely very intriguing information there. Although... As soon as I read 'Janine', I was like "That name's familiar... does he mean...?" And then PLOTBOMB.

...So... Did you mean the same Janine? As in, Koga's daughter, Janine...?

...If so... That's... going to make the eventual match with Koga very interesting, to say the least... (And suddenly, the typo that made Jade pop up at Will's fitting all surprise-ninja-mom-like morphs into some sort of Freudian slip foreshadowing, or something.)

Twenty-Nine... really sort of rubs in just how horrible Oak's life really is. To think he lost three sons -- and the only one he knows for certain survived is Jimmy, aka the complete monster hated and feared by all of Kanto. If the other two survived, have they contacted him at all...?

...It's strange... that I only felt sorry for Bill after reading he was brave. That he realized what harm Jimmy could do with full access to his computers, and chose to make his last act one of defiance. Even if it was only delaying the inevitable... The fact that Jimmy even mentioned it was actually pretty surprising, too. Why give Oak that information? Why not let his father believe that he already had that access...?

...Was it that important to Jimmy to drive home the idea that his father was a coward? To drive that point home, rather than let him writhe with fear at the thought of all those pokemon and all that information being exploited by his son...?

Or... was he worried that it might drive Oak to action? To act, instead of reacting...?

...Wait. Jimmy has top engineers...? ...Oh, crap. Is-is Jimmy actually running Team Rocket...?! I-it would fit with their being so HARDCORE EVIL in this this, b-but... If that's the case, where is Giovanni...?

...I... have to admit, the fact Oak was faced with his son and did nothing was rather... jarring. As is his decision to... dispose discretely of Bill's remains. Regardless of what my opinion was of Bill before his death, everyone deserves a proper burial. And the idea that the professor sees him now as just... trash to be discarded before anyone else learns of his fate is just...

And jeez, poor Jade... Janine? Well, she thinks of herself as Jade here, so let's go with that. How terrifying is that...?

Oh, and don't apologize for Chapter Thirty! Character development is always good, and a decent reason to cut away from Pallet while your audience is all "AAAAAAHHHH nooooo Jaaaaddddeee and/or Janiiiiiineeeee and Oaaaaaakkk whyareyoubeingajerkOak stopreadingthedamnpaperandDOSOMETHING gaaaaaahhh..."

As heartbreaking as it would be for any of your team to die, obviously, I get the impression it'd be especially crushing if Virgilia dies. Simply because she was Surge's, and he gave her away. To become stronger, and to help William survive. If she died... how horrible would that feel? Will would probably blame himself even worse -- because Surge trusted him with her, and...

Tybalt's point of view is also interesting. A hot-tempered fire-type seems like a cliche, but the way he thought about his old trainer was fascinating. Seeing him as a weakling for giving up so easily... makes perfect sense, but you'd think he'd despise him for other reasons. And it's a good contrast with Brabantio's eagerness to adventure simply for adventure's sake.

Desdemona's thoughts on Juliet's death... make sense. Especially since she came so close to death so quickly after her... And Fleance thinking of Will as being so much braver than him is touching...

And Percy...

Well, of course he'd have the strongest bond. But I was surprised by him thinking that Eevee was a better starter, and being afraid that his trainer wouldn't approve of him... Good thing he ended up with Will.

That ending... Everyone returning themselves to their pokeballs, one by one... Really drives it home. That they're William's team, no matter what comes of it: they chose to stay.
[+] My Long Reply...
:biggrin: Yes, it Jade is the same Janine as Koga's daughter. When you made the ninja comment, I laughed out loud at the irony.

Jimmy is cruel. He wanted to torture his father beyond the infliction of physical pain. Oak was...and in some ways still is...a great trainer. Calling him a coward and prooving it really hurts him more than physical pain could. Mentioning what Bill did to Oak was Jimmy's way of telling his father "Look, even this nimwit is braver than you are."

Oak is not necesairly a villian, his refusal to act or do anything to stop his son makes him not a good guy. His alignment is sort of in between.

I'm glad you liked Chapter 30 :) I do intend to try and show the Pokemon's characters some more, since I feel they add so much to the story.

Thank you for all the kind comments everyone! I'm glad you all are enjoying it :)
Chapter 31 will be posted tonight. I thinking it might be a little long...it depends on what I decide about a certain scene...
So stay posted! :roll:

TrainerBOB

February 16th, 2011, 1:02 am #130

Chapter Thirty-One
[+] Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One: Hope

Misty loved water.

But she hated tears. She hated crying. She hated feeling weak.

Misty was sitting at her desk in the back of her gym, the newspaper spread out in front of her to Page 3. Several tears ran down her cheeks and landed on the newspaper, forcing it to become blotchy in several spots.

She had not cried since her mother had disappeared.

But she cried now.

She did not love Bill. She had never felt attractions for the man. He was a worm in many ways. He was neither a good nor a bad person.

But he had helped her. He had been helping her. He was good enough to do that. He was helping her find the murderer who took her mother away from her.

And now he was gone, taking with him her only chance. Her only chance for justice.

Misty bit her lip, to try to keep herself from sobbing. She read the story again, knowing it would make her only more upset.

Bill Yates Goes Missing

Late yesterday afternoon, the police received an anonymous phone call. Police reported that they man said they should “make sure I properly cleaned up after myself at Bill Yates house.”

When the Cerulean Police arrived at Yates’s sea cottage ten minutes later they found that the genius’s home had been thoroughly emptied out of everything.

“It is completely empty,” Officer Jenny said. “No computers, no papers, no furniture, no televisions, no phones – there is nothing there. Even dust had been swept away. All that is left are the floors, the walls, and the ceilings.”

Investigators are looking into what might have happened to Bill Yates, and where he might have gone.

“We still have hope that he will turn up alive,” Officer Jenny said. “We hope this is a happy ending.”

Officer Jenny did not comment if she or her department had any leads or suspects.

“We’re currently focusing on who made that phone call, and what he meant by it,” Officer Jenny said.

Yates was well known for his many inventions. He was most famous for inventing the Pokemon PC system that stores the Pokemon of trainers nation wide. He made the invention when he was just a teenager, and sold it to the government for quite a profit.

Yates had been working on a new project that would allow humans to change their molecular structure. An unknown contributor funded him. While this is rare, it is even rarer when the receiver of the money does not know who contributed.

Silph Coperation President Rupert Silph was suspected as the man who contributed the money, but he has continually denied it. He released a statement late last evening upon hearing of Yates’s disappearance.

“I am sad that the project may not go on, however that is merely because I am curious if such a thing was possible,” Silph said. “As I have said repeatedly before, I am not the contributor. I do not have the money for such a undertaking, I did not think anyone did.”

Yates was believed to be close to a break-through, as he hinted many times to the media that he would be having a special presentation coming soon.

“Don’t be surprised if you see something amazing come out of my doors in the next month or so,” Yates said, two weeks ago.

It is unknown if the contributor will find a new scientist to finish the project. Officer Jenny said she wasn’t sure if the project could be connected with his disappearance.

“It is possible he discovered something, and then someone decided to steal it,” Officer Jenny said. “But that is only one of the many possibilities.”

She would not comment on what the other possibilities were.

Reading the article for the tenth time did not help Misty. She was afraid for her own life. Someone had access to all Bill’s history with emails and phone calls.

Misty knew it was Jimmy Oak. It seemed like he was laughing at her now. And Misty knew he would be coming for her as soon as he figured out she was hunting him down as well.

She would become the hunted.

Suddenly, there was a knock at her door. Misty raised her head, and she quickly swatted the tears out of her eyes.

“Come in,” she said in a rushed voice. One of the gym trainers entered, fresh out of the pool, still dripping water.

“There’s someone here to see you,” she said.

“I’m not taking challengers today,” Misty snapped. She had made that announcement this morning, after she had read the paper the first time.

“He’s not here to challenge you,” the trainer said. “He said he just wanted to talk to you.”

Misty felt her heart ice over. If it were Jimmy, then he would enter her office no matter what the gym trainer said to him.

“Where is he right now?” Misty asked.

“Outside the gym waiting.” The trainer said nonchalantly, no idea what was going on in Misty’s head. “Do you want me to send him away?”

“No. Let him in.”

The gym trainer left.

And Misty sprung up, and she unclipped two balls from her belt, ready to use them the instant Jimmy entered the office.

She stood there, waiting for the seconds to go by painfully slowly.

Finally the door started creaking open…

And William entered the room.

“Misty,” he said, pausing in the doorway. “Are you okay?”

Misty dropped back into her chair, and let out a deep sigh as she slumped down.

“Oh thank God…it’s only you…”

“Only me? Were you expecting someone else?” William asked, as he sat in the chair opposite from her desk. Percy was perched on his shoulder, and the Pikachu’s ears were raised up, curious at Misty’s expression.

“Did you not read the paper this morning?” Misty asked him, her voice bitter.

“No…”

She shoved it to him, and pointed to the story on Bill’s disappearance. William’s face darkened as he read it.

“You thought I was Jimmy coming to get you too?” William asked.

“Yes. I believe he was behind this.”

“I am almost certain of it,” William said.

“Oh?” Misty asked, sitting up straight. “Why is that? And…why are you here?”

A sudden thought formed in her mind, and before William could talk Misty blurted out –

“Wait! Did you…did you find something?”

“More of something found me,” William said. “He’s alive Misty. He is alive.”

“How do you know this?” Misty asked, her voice desperate and rushed, her eyes wide and wild. Her lower lip trembled.

“Jimmy called Surge. He wanted me killed.” William said. “Surge did not comply, and now we’re both kind of on the run.”

Misty was staring at William, her eyes wider than he thought possible, and small tears forming at the corner.

“All these years…I’ve been wondering…and now I know.” She shook her head, angrily. “Never mind sentimental thoughts now though – we have something! What else do you know?”

“I’m sorry Misty,” William said. “But that’s it. Just that he’s alive and he’s looking to kill me. Surge is on our side now though, and he said he would be investigating Jimmy while he was in hiding.”

Misty nodded, but quickly pressed for questions.

“Did Surge know anything of Jimmy’s past?”

“He said he helped Jimmy learn the secrets and weaknesses of the other gym leaders…and that he regrets it,” William said thoughtfully. “But he stopped being loyal to Jimmy long before the Battle of Threes.”

Misty nodded once again, and sighed.

“Now I know. He’s still alive and out there…now I know.” She closed her eyes for a second, but then reopened them in a flash.

“What are you doing now?” Misty asked him, her voice rushed.

“I’m going to Celadon City through the Rock Tunnel and then through Lavender Town. I’m taking underground tunnels, and avoiding Saffron. Surge thinks I should continue with the Pokemon League Challenge to grow stronger…”

Misty cut him off suddenly.

“Well then, don’t stay here any longer William – leave! Go now! It won’t take Jimmy long to realize Surge has betrayed him! Go!”

William seemed surprise at Misty’s sudden outburst. He stood up, slowly and awkwardly.

“Don’t you see it you damn fool?” Misty asked. “You’ve done nothing to aggravate him! Why would he want to kill you? He must be afraid of you! We cannot let him get to you! Go! Go now! He must see in you the power to defeat him!” William still hesitated as he headed for the door, feeling weird for leaving in such a fashion.

“Go now William! You cannot die! You may be our only hope!” William looked at Misty for a long time, and she stopped screaming at him. Their eyes met, and finally, they nodded together. It was like a silent salute between soldiers.

And then William was gone, leaving as quickly as he could.

Misty tore the phone off the receiver, and she madly began dialing Brock’s number.

Her eyes were wild and crazed. But she was smiling.

There was hope.
[+] A few thoughts...
Next chapter will be a catch up chapter on a few of the other characters. It won't be boring though. Look for a battle between Chris and Erika...as well as some interesting dialogue. Also, look for Jade to be worrying. A legendary Pokemon will be mentioned as well. And finally...expect the chapter to end...rather explosively. I'm not sure if I will even mention William, but it will be one of the more important chapters of this part.

If it hasn't been obvious, Chapter 29, 30, and 31 are all taking place on the same day. 32 will be the same.

33 will be the beginning of the Rock Tunnel.

Anyway, back this current chapter. It may have seemed as a filler chapter but it really wasn't. I established some more important plot beams to support the current ongoing plot.
Hope it was enjoyed, let me know what you think :) There isn't a "Team Status" thing because my team hadn't changed at this point in the game since the previous "Team Status" thing.

Psyche

February 16th, 2011, 1:22 am #131

I've had the growing feeling there are going to be a lot of non-Pokemon deaths... :(
Why don't YOU have a furret yet?
Crystal story run!
(COMPLETE)Yellow cartridge run!
Avatar Credits: One day I'll name all the Nuzlockers that contributed but today is not that day. Also /vp/ and dA.

Epsi

February 16th, 2011, 1:48 am #132

ha, just like Lord of the Rings - the battle wages on between good and evil as the only deciding force moves largely undetected. Maybe.

I'm waiting for Prof. Oak to snap - at some point he's going to have enough of this. Or is he?

Velvet

February 16th, 2011, 7:49 am #133

[+] Thoughts:
Okay, so she is the same Janine; good to know. Hopefully that means she has pokemon on hand or other ways of defending herself; Jimmy really, really deserves a kunai to the gonads or just... just something that'll keep her safe. :ohdear: If anything happens to her or Erika, Koga is going to flip -- does he even know where Janine is?

Hey, acknowledgement of the clefairy incident that never happened in this continiuty! Wonder if Jimmy has any plans for that machine... Maybe using to turn certain people into pokemon? I suddenly have mental images of him standing and gloating to a helplessly flopping magikarp that "Now you really ARE the Pokemon Professor..."

...Another frightening possibility would be him just wanting to alter people so that they can be affected by pokeballs, too... if he's still obsessed with possessing Janine/Jade instead of going the "If I can't have you, no one can" route...

So William decided to bring Misty up to date... makes sense, since he already had to pass back through the area and didn't end up as furious with her as he was with Bill. And they ended up trading information, since he hadn't stopped to get a paper... maybe he'll start picking them up more from now on, just to see if there's any other plot-relevent news...?

Jimmy, afraid of him...? I wonder if that's really the case, or if it's simply jealousy of him being Janine's son (and not his...? If one of his brothers ended up with the girl Jimmy loved/lusted after, that'd definitely explain the extra vendetta...)

And now, she sees him as her hope... That's a lot of extra pressure to put on the poor guy. But... again, it makes sense. Particularly since she was at a very vulnerable moment emotionally before he came in and told her what he'd learned...

And next chapter, Chris will go "I EXIST, DAMNIT!" and will vow to outdo Jimmy's in order to oust him as the series' resident villain and reclaim his relevance in the plot, starting with setting all the grimer in Celedon's water on fire.[/crack spec]

TrainerBOB

February 16th, 2011, 10:23 pm #134

[+] replies!
Psyche wrote:I've had the growing feeling there are going to be a lot of non-Pokemon deaths... :(
There will be many...
Epsilon wrote:ha, just like Lord of the Rings - the battle wages on between good and evil as the only deciding force moves largely undetected. Maybe.

I'm waiting for Prof. Oak to snap - at some point he's going to have enough of this. Or is he?
Perhaps he shall, perhaps he shan't. :wink:
Velvet wrote:
[+] Thoughts
Okay, so she is the same Janine; good to know. Hopefully that means she has pokemon on hand or other ways of defending herself; Jimmy really, really deserves a kunai to the gonads or just... just something that'll keep her safe. If anything happens to her or Erika, Koga is going to flip -- does he even know where Janine is?

Hey, acknowledgement of the clefairy incident that never happened in this continiuty! Wonder if Jimmy has any plans for that machine... Maybe using to turn certain people into pokemon? I suddenly have mental images of him standing and gloating to a helplessly flopping magikarp that "Now you really ARE the Pokemon Professor..."

...Another frightening possibility would be him just wanting to alter people so that they can be affected by pokeballs, too... if he's still obsessed with possessing Janine/Jade instead of going the "If I can't have you, no one can" route...

So William decided to bring Misty up to date... makes sense, since he already had to pass back through the area and didn't end up as furious with her as he was with Bill. And they ended up trading information, since he hadn't stopped to get a paper... maybe he'll start picking them up more from now on, just to see if there's any other plot-relevent news...?

Jimmy, afraid of him...? I wonder if that's really the case, or if it's simply jealousy of him being Janine's son (and not his...? If one of his brothers ended up with the girl Jimmy loved/lusted after, that'd definitely explain the extra vendetta...)

And now, she sees him as her hope... That's a lot of extra pressure to put on the poor guy. But... again, it makes sense. Particularly since she was at a very vulnerable moment emotionally before he came in and told her what he'd learned...

And next chapter, Chris will go "I EXIST, DAMNIT!" and will vow to outdo Jimmy's in order to oust him as the series' resident villain and reclaim his relevance in the plot, starting with setting all the grimer in Celedon's water on fire.[/crack spec]
Can't answer too many of your questions, but I will say some of your speculations are veryclose. :biggrin:
And yes, I will finally acknowledge the existence of Chris outside of the rival battles! :laughing: I've been meaning to do that...just now getting around to it :sweatdrop:
Thank you for all the comments guys! :D

New chapter tonight! [/quote]

Entice
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym

February 17th, 2011, 1:31 am #135

Sweetness, I check this thread every 2 hours, lmao. I find a book I like and I can't put it down. Keep up the good work. =]
My computer sucks.

TrainerBOB

February 17th, 2011, 3:49 am #136

Entice wrote:Sweetness, I check this thread every 2 hours, lmao. I find a book I like and I can't put it down. Keep up the good work. =]
*squeals*
Wow, thank you so much! :biggrin: :blush:

I'll continue to update as fast as humanly possible!!!! :keke:

Speaking of updates...new chapter!

Chapter Thirty-Two
[+] Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Two: Everyone Else

Chris didn’t feel like he was inside a building at all. Vines were hanging down the walls, colorful flowers grew up of the side of the room. There was a fountain of water in the back, and sunlight streamed in through the windows yet it managed to spread out to fill the entire room.

Chris stood in front of the grassy battlefield of Celadon gym. Across from the field stood none other than the Grass Type Gym Leader Erika.

Erika was getting older – she was in her late thirties. But she had retained the look of beauty. Her skin was flawless marble; her body was slim and trimmed. She wore red and gold robes that were tied tightly around her waist, thus carefully outlining her sharp figure.

She had beautiful flowing black hair that reached down to the middle of her back. The hair was shinny, yet darker than the blackest of nights. It blew together as one when she moved her head, like the branches of a tree in the wind.

Her mouth was ever so finely curved and it had been made into a perfect size – not too big, yet not childishly small. Her eyebrows were sharp and thin, and moved with the freedom of another limb. They were dignified, yet untamed.

Her eyes did not hold the beauty the rest of her body did. They were fierce and angry. They held bitterness.

Erika’s eyes were fixed on the green gem that hung around Chris’s neck. The only thing he had of his father.

“Who are you?” she asked him, her voice cutting sharp like a Pokemon’s Vine Whip would.

Chris smiled arrogantly,.

“Chris,” he said. “Chris Oak.”

Erika inclined her head back slightly. Her contempt was clear in both her eyes and her mouth. Chris was used to this. Gym Leaders did not like him. Brock had the same look in his face when he called himself a grandson of Oak. Misty looked like she hated him the instant he walked into her gym. Surge had looked half way terrified of him. Erika was no different.

“Shall we begin this challenge then?” she asked, her voice still sharp. She moved elegantly as she reached deep into the pockets of her robes and pulled out a ball. She enlarged in with a smooth motion of a single finger, and she held her arm out delicately with the ball in her hand.

“Yes – let’s.” Chris said, as he unclipped a ball off of his own belt. He twirled it between his fingers – as cocky as ever.

“You may use six Pokemon,” Erika said, her voice as cold as ice. “I will be restricted to three. You may switch out your Pokemon at any time. I may not. If I call a Pokemon back, then I will have conceded the round to you.”

“I understand the rules lady,” Chris said. “This is after all my fourth battle.”

“This is a serious battle,” Erika said, ignoring Chris’s interruption. “If given the chance, I will not hesitate to kill your Pokemon.”

Chris raised his eyebrows at that. He had not heard that before.

“Ready challenger?” Erika asked. Chris merely nodded; the last comment she had made was still vibrating around in his head. “Then we begin. Go – Tangela!”

A grass-type Pokemon made entirely out of slithering vines sprang out of the Pokeball in her hand. It landed on the battlefield with a thump, and it stared Chris down angrily.

“Vulpix, give ‘em hell,” Chris said, tossing his own ball into the air. It unleashed the fire, fox-like Pokemon, and the ball feel back into Chris’s hand. His Vulpix snarled at the opposing pokemon, and the two began to circle each other.

“Ember attack!” Chris ordered. Vulpix rolled her head back, and then unleashed a powerful fiery attack on the opponent.

“Tangela – dodge and use Vine-Whip!” Erika ordered. Tangela jumped out of the way of the incoming fire, and unleashed a pair of vines onto the fox Pokemon. Vulpix rolled out of the way however, and unleashed the ember attack again.

This time Erika’s Pokemon could not escape the attack. Tangela was suddenly burning with Vulpix’s flames, and the grass-Pokemon began running around in circles as it screamed in pain.

“Tangela – return!” Erika ordered, calling back her first Pokemon. Chris scoffed at the opposing gym leader as she drew another ball out of her pocket.

“You’re pathetic aren’t you? I guess you really can’t do much better…”

Erika’s face was dark.

“You’re the second Oak to say that to me…” she said, as she sent another ball out onto the field. “Do you want to know who was the first?”

Chris was still as he looked at Erika, and a small smile formed on her lips.

“What was your father’s name Chris?” Erika asked. They were both ignoring the Vulpix and Erika’s newest Pokemon – Victreebell – who were circling each other on the battlefield.

“I don’t know. He left me at birth.”

“Ah yes…that sounds very much something like Jimmy would do.” Erika said, watching his face carefully. Her smile widened when she saw his face grow paler.
“So you’ve heard of Jimmy Oak? Tell me…do you feel like you’re just like daddy-”

“Ember!”

The attack caught Erika off guard, and before she could react her Victreebell was screeching as it burned from the attack unleashed out of Vulpix’s mouth.

“Return,” Erika snapped. She dropped the ball into her pocket, and quickly withdrew another one.

“You know what is something else Jimmy would have done? Jimmy took advantage of people and their weaknesses. Sounds like…you in this battle?”

Erika smiled grimly as she sent out her next and last Pokemon – a Vileplume.

Chris frowned with frustration…as he called back his Vulpix.

Erika’s smile widened into a grin and she crossed her arms over her chest. She knew she was going to lose this battle. She lost most battles – she was no longer a very strong trainer. But if she could take down one of Chris’s pokemon…

“Go,” Chris said, as he tossed a ball high into the sky, “Raticate!”

The Raticate was covered in brown fur, and had a long spiny white tail. His buckteeth were large and sharp, and his eyes were fierce. There was a look of murder in them.

Neither Erika nor her Vileplume seemed scared.

“Quick attack!” Chris ordered. The Ratticate sprinted forward on all fours, his eyes gleaming as he locked on to the Vileplume.

“Vine-Whip.” Erika said simply, as if she were talking about a cup of tea. Out of the flower on top of Vileplume’s head came two pair of vines. The moved quicker than the Ratticate did, and they wrapped around the rat-Pokemon, and held it up in the sky.

“Shit!” Chris exclaimed.

“Squeeze it,” Erika commanded, her voice like steel.

The Vileplume complied, wrapping its vines tighter around Chris’s Pokemon.

Chirs licked his lips nervously. He hated calling back a Pokemon and conceding defeat…but Erika’s words echoed in his mind.

“Raticate…return!” Chris said, holding up the ball and shooting out a red beam towards his Pokemon.

“Move it,” Erika ordered. With a swift jerk of its vines, the Vileplume moved the Raticate out of the way of the incoming beam, keeping it from being returned.

“What are you doing?” Chris asked, panic raising in his voice. Erika ignored the question.

“Choke the life out of it.” She snapped.

The Vileplume started squeezing harder, and the Raticate squealed and tried to break free of the grasp.

“NO!” Chris screamed. “Stop!” He made a move towards the battlefield, but Erika said quickly:

“If you walk onto the field, you will be disqualified.”

Chris froze, and stared up at his dying Raticate, not sure what to do.

The Raticate struggled as best as it could, twisting and turning this way and that in the slithering vines of the Vileplume. But it could not escape the tightening grasp. Its body began to twitch, and his skin broke in a few spots from the over-pressure. Blood gushed out of the wounds, dripping onto the grassy ground. The Pokemon slowly began to slow down, until…

The Raticate stopped moving.

“No…” Chris whispered in shock.

“Toss it aside.” Erika ordered, her voice still cold, but a smug smile on her face. The Vileplume complied, and the Raticate hit the wall on the side with a thud. It slid down to the ground, staining the vines that hung over the wall with blood.

“Vulpix…” Chris whispered as he held up the ball in his hands. “Kill it.”

Chris sent forth the fiery fox onto the battlefield, who roared in rage.

“Vileplume…return.” Erika said suddenly, recalling her final Pokemon back to the ball.

“What are you doing?” Chris demanded, enraged. “The battle isn’t over yet.”

Erika smiled, and she tossed the Rainbow badge onto the field.

“I’ve recalled my last Pokemon, so it is. Hope it was worth it.”

And with that, she turned and left the battling room, to retreat back into her back office, leaving Chris alone with his dead Pokemon.

------------------------

Rupert Silph sighed as he slumped into his desk. He was tired – managing a multi-billion dollar business took a lot of work.

Mr. Silph’s office was on the highest floor of the Silph Cooperation Building in Saffron City. The rug of the floor was a royal gold, and the walls were nothing but windows, with the exception of the wall behind Mr. Silph’s desk. The building was the highest in the city; thus allowing Mr. Silph to see the entirety of the city.

Mr. Silph was sitting in a black chair behind a brown desk. He was weary and old. His hair was a thinning gray, his stomach poked out a little bit too far beyond his waist. His eyes required big, dense glasses to see. He wore clothes that were from another decade – he had no time to keep up with fashion. Mr. Silph was old and tired.

Yet he kept working. He did not hand his job off to younger hands. He had nothing else to do in life.

Mr. Silph had no family. He did once, but no longer. He had once had a wife and a daughter. His wife died when his daughter was two, while giving birth to Mr. Silph’s son. His son had survived, but his wife had not.

So then, Mr. Silph had both a daughter and a son, yet no mother to care for them. He should have retired then. He had the money to do so.

But he did not.

He wanted his children to have the greatest lives of any other child in the world. So he worked tirelessly. His company went from being a multi-million dollar company to becoming a multi-billion dollar company. His company had made variations of the Pokeball. His company had added on unique features to the Pokedex. His company became famous.

And then, suddenly, one day, his two children disappeared. His daughter was thirteen. His son: eleven.

He had thought it was a kidnapping. He waited at home for several days, waiting for a call demanding money. He did not sleep for three straight days.

No call ever came.

“They must have killed your children by accident,” the police and investigators had told him. “An overdose of drugs…being too rough in the abduction…it could have been anything.”

Mr. Silph was silent when they told him this.

He had cried later when he was alone.

Nothing was ever found out about the children of Mr. Silph.

Now, several years later, Mr. Silph still worked tirelessly. At times he slept in his office on the black leather couch. He did not want to go to his empty home. It was far too big when it was just three people living there; it had become so much larger when it became just one living there.

He worked himself at all times, hoping to forget. He had not forgotten, and he knew he never would.

Mr. Silph massaged his temple. It had been a hectic week. Production was being completed on the proto-type of the Master Ball. He had to answer questions about Bill Yates appearance. The first ever Silph Scope had been shipped.

And yesterday, the S.S. Anne, something Mr. Silph had invested a great deal of money in, had set sail. At first, he felt confident. But now, Mr. Silph now had a nasty feeling about the whole thing, like something was about to go terribly wrong.

Mr. Silph sat up in his desk, and looked over to his door. It was locked.

On days like these, there was one thing that removed Mr. Silph’s weariness.

Mr. Silph stood up rapidly, and turned to the paining behind his desk. He quickly removed the painting, and he set it aside on his desk. Behind the painting was a black safe. Mr. Silph quickly spun the wheel of the safe, inserting the combination.

The safe clicked open.

Mr. Silph reached inside, and very carefully pulled out a rock that weighed about twenty pounds. He set it down on his desk, and looked at it in wonder.

The rock contained a fossil of Mew, the mighty psychic legendary Pokemon.

It was Mr. Silph’s greatest treasure. Such a value was on this fossil that Mr. Silph did not think it would be possible to find a buyer, even if he wanted to sell it.

But Mr. Silph, an honorable man, would sooner sell his soul than this fossil. It had been so valuable to him that he had only shared the knowledge of its existence with his children. He had even let them each touch it once.

Mr. Silph studied the fossil, and he sighed. It was a happy, relaxed sigh. The fossil, for some reason, always gave him reassurance.

“Mr. Siplh?” his secretary screeched out over the intercom. Mr. Silph jumped up, surprised, and then he quickly answered.

“Y-Yes?”

“The Board of Directors wish to meet with you – something has gone wrong with the transportation of the Silph Scope.”

Mr. Siplh sighed, angry and frustrated. He returned the fossil into the safe, and locked it once more. He replaced the painting, and studied it for a second, making sure it was safe.

Then, he walked around his desk, leaving his office, heading for the room where he knew the Board of Directors would be.

But his mind was still with the fossil.

------------------------

“William – where are you?” Jade snapped as she looked at her son’s face on the computer screen. She was sitting in front of the green computer, talking to her son through another video chat.

“I’m about to enter Rock Tunnel mom,” William said sheepishly.

“Wait – what? Why?”

“To get to Celadon.”

“There are much safer ways to get there!” Jade exclaimed, her hand trembling. He wasn’t telling her something – she knew it. She could feel it.

She was losing him.

“I’m just looking for some more rare Pokemon,” William said with a shrug. “That’s all.”

It had clearly been acted out and prepared before the call – Jade knew that. The statement was too natural.

“O-Okay then,” Jade said, her voice trembling. “Make sure you sleep well tonight then-”

“I’m entering now mom,” William said.

“WHAT?” Jade exclaimed. “But…but its late afternoon! You won’t make it to the other side before the sun sets-”

“Yeah, I’ll just have to camp inside the cave.”

“NO!” Jade exclaimed. “Its too dangerous!”

“I’ll be fine mom,” William said. “Besides, I’m trying to save money for potions and stuff.”

“William, please listen, I don’t want you to-”

“But I got to mom,” he said, his face serious and sincere.

Jade didn’t say anything. She knew she couldn’t.

“Be careful William.”

“Thanks mom, I love you.”

“Love you too.”

And then their conversation was over.

------------------------

The man stood on the hill that looked over Vermilion City. He leaned against a tree, and he drummed his fingers in a rhythmic beat against the trunk. He was looking down at the gym, which he could see thanks to the height of the hill.

The man leaned against the tree because he was tired. He was, after all, taking over the world.

It was just yesterday that the man had murdered Bill Yates. It was just this morning that the man had delivered the dead body to his father, Professor Oak. He was always busy. Now he was dealing with a betrayal.

Jimmy Oak knew what was going to happen as he looked down at the gym. He had no doubt.

So, when the building suddenly exploded, Jimmy did not gasp, or jump, or even raise an eyebrow. He had known it was coming.

“Surge…you fool,” Jimmy said to himself. “Did you really think I would go in there myself?”

Jimmy had sent one of his more useless followers in there. The trap Surge had set had gone off just as Jimmy thought it would, and it had killed the man Jimmy had sent in there. Jimmy did not care.

Jimmy was a little bit frustrated with himself. He should have known Surge was going to betray him. He should have known Surge wouldn’t have the guts to kill that trainer. But no matter…it was after all only a minor miscalculation.

So now there was Surge to kill. One more thing for Jimmy to take care of. But where did Surge fall on his list of priorities?

Jimmy shook his head. Not very high up. Surge was a minor annoyance. Something that could be dealt with later. And the boy who Surge had failed to kill? He was of no major importance either. Jimmy wanted the boy dead for personal reasons. William’s death could wait till later as well.

A sharp ringing sound filled the air, and Jimmy answered his cell phone after checking the caller I.D.

“Well?” he asked.

“Everything is in place,” a female voice reported.

“Good.”

Jimmy snapped his phone shut, as he turned away from Vermilion City. It was time to get back; he did have many things to do after all. Jimmy Oak was a busy man.

Smoke was rising into the sky, and Jimmy could hear sirens as he walked away. He knew they would find a dead body in the rubbel, but Jimmy also knew the body would be beyond recognition, so it did not matter.

Surge was his only failure recently – and it was a minor failure at that. Everything else was falling perfectly into place. Jimmy’s plans were coming together nicely.

Especially that phone call. That phone call was very good news.

Jimmy turned to look at the Ocean, which he could see from the hill, and he spoke softly to the great mass of blue.

“At this time tomorrow…the S.S. Anne will have sunk, and every man, woman, and child on that vessel will be dead.”

Everything was coming together very nicely indeed.
[+] A Few Thoughts
Sorry Part 5 seems to be moving a long so slowly. I said it would be long...and long it is indeed...
Next chapter is the start of the Rock Tunnel, where we get to some actual gameplay for the first time in awhile. :sweatdrop:
Expect the Rock Tunnel to be in two chapters.
New chapter tomorrow night! :)
Again, thanks everyone for the comments and encouragement. I'm glad you all are enjoying it, and I will continue to write to please :)

Epsi

February 17th, 2011, 4:58 am #137

oh, a sailor went to sea-sea-sea
to see what he could see-see-see
but all that he could see-see-see
was the bottom of the deep blue yam. :biggrin:

Velvet

February 17th, 2011, 5:52 am #138

[+] ...Well.
Oh, hey, you made Gary's Chris's pendant plot-relevant!

...Huh. Wonder if Erika was just the first one to admit she was aiming to kill.

Everybody seems bound and determined that Jimmy must have had a son, and that obviously that son will be evil incarnate. I will laugh and laugh if it turns out Jimmy's impotent. And Erika, much like Bill, seems bound and determined to prove her theory even if it means pushing the kid to the breaking point herself.

...As soon as he called out Raticate, I realized what was going to happen.

Congratulations, Erika. You just earned yourself a lot of jerkass points, which will counteract any further feelings of empathy you might inspire prior to your inevitable, horrible death. Just like Bill did with William, and we saw how that turned out. Hope taking out your frustrations on a boy completely innocent of Jimmy's crimes was worth it.

...What happened to the children of Silph...? Were they abducted, or...? Did they run away...? (A daughter and a son... a girl and her younger brother, hm...? And they know about their father's most precious treasure...)

When Jade and Will were talking... all I could think of was "Don't let this be the last time they get to talk to each other. Please let them both come to the end of this story alive and well." :ohdear:

...I knew it. I knew Jimmy would kill the rest of Surge's pokemon... Poor Virgilia. Poor Surge.

(Also, 'dead body in the rebel' is meant to be 'dead body in the rubble', right...? And... whose...?)

And the final lines... Well, crap. That isn't good.[/understatement]

TrainerBOB

February 17th, 2011, 5:05 pm #139

[+] replies!
Epsilon wrote:oh, a sailor went to sea-sea-sea
to see what he could see-see-see
but all that he could see-see-see
was the bottom of the deep blue yam. :biggrin:
The sounds familar...what is that from?
The yam is imporant...or atleast a very small part of it is. :wink:
Velvet wrote:
[+] ...Well.
Oh, hey, you made Gary's Chris's pendant plot-relevant!

...Huh. Wonder if Erika was just the first one to admit she was aiming to kill.

Everybody seems bound and determined that Jimmy must have had a son, and that obviously that son will be evil incarnate. I will laugh and laugh if it turns out Jimmy's impotent. And Erika, much like Bill, seems bound and determined to prove her theory even if it means pushing the kid to the breaking point herself.

...As soon as he called out Raticate, I realized what was going to happen.

Congratulations, Erika. You just earned yourself a lot of jerkass points, which will counteract any further feelings of empathy you might inspire prior to your inevitable, horrible death. Just like Bill did with William, and we saw how that turned out. Hope taking out your frustrations on a boy completely innocent of Jimmy's crimes was worth it.

...What happened to the children of Silph...? Were they abducted, or...? Did they run away...? (A daughter and a son... a girl and her younger brother, hm...? And they know about their father's most precious treasure...)
When Jade and Will were talking... all I could think of was "Don't let this be the last time they get to talk to each other. Please let them both come to the end of this story alive and well."

...I knew it. I knew Jimmy would kill the rest of Surge's pokemon... Poor Virgilia. Poor Surge.

(Also, 'dead body in the rebel' is meant to be 'dead body in the rubble', right...? And... whose...?)

And the final lines... Well, crap. That isn't good.[/understatement]
Thanks Velvet :)
I was trying to figure out some way to make the death of his Raticate plot relevant. It made sense that Erika would do the murder, so I wrote it in. Erika is another one of those characters who are neither good nor evil (I have a lot of those :ohdear: ) and I don't like her either.

And when it comes to the children of Mr. Silph...I will only say that there are no such things as conicidences. :wink:

Jade and William will talk again, but they are both indeed in grave danger. The plot will continue to darken...

And Surge knew it too. He was hoping he might catch Jimmy off guard, but he didn't. Jimmy was, as almost always, ready.

And thanks for catching that typo! :smile: you have sharp eyes Velvet. The dead body is just a useless follower of Jimmy, they don't really have any significance and they probably won't be mentioned again.
Thanks everyone! New chapter tonight...it might be a little late, but it will be up! :biggrin:

EDIT (10:31PM): Sorry, I cannot update tonight. I got home and I had so much homework, along with a big test tomorrow. I'm still up working and studying. Sorry everyone, but I will be posting at LEAST one chapter tomorrow night - I may post two to try to make up for today. Again, so, so sorry. :ugh:

Velvet

February 18th, 2011, 5:46 am #140

Don't worry about it. Study hard!