Forum rules
You can't post new threads here.
If you have a run that's finished, please post it in Screenshot and Log Written Runs first. Then PM a
, and they'll move the thread for you!

Feel free to post in the runs that are already here, though!

[COMPLETED][COMPLETED][Written Log] A SoulSilver Wedlocke!

Ink
Conqueror of the Violet Gym

January 21st, 2013, 1:40 am #1

Some of you may know me from The Nuzlocke Games, or my Pokemon Vega run (Don't worry! I'll be continuing that run! This is just something to do in my spare time when I'm not playing Vega or whatever.) I've been wanting to do a Wedlocke for a while, so why not do it on SoulSilver? I chose to do it on a cartridge so that I could end up transferring my Pokemon to White 2/Black 2 after the run is done.
[+] Rules
#1 - If a Pokemon faints, it's considered dead and must be placed in the box known as 'Transfer'.
#2 - I can only catch the first encounter of each Route. This does not take effect until I receive my Pokeballs from Lyra.
- Duplicates Clause
- Shinies Clause
#3 - Nicknames are a must! I must nickname Pokemon by the first name that comes into my head.
#4 - Persistent Starter is in effect.
#5 - Should my starter die, the run will be considered a failure.
#6 - This will be a Wedlocke. All Pokemon must be partnered in pairs.
#7 - Only Male and Female Pokemon can form a pair.
#9 - I cannot catch Pokemon who do not have a gender.
#10 - Pokemon must fight in pairs, and can only be switched out with their partner. Should their partner die, they must avenge them.
#11 - I cannot deposit Pokemon and swap pairs, unless a partner dies. I guess like notepad clause.
#12 - Gifts clause.
[+] SoulSilver Update #1
I named my character Michael and began my long, terrible journey. After a tl;dr thing with Mom, I pushed Lyra out of the way and went into Professor Elm's Lab. I decided to let the RNG choose my starter by giving each starter a number, 1 for Chikorita, 2 for Totodile, and 3 for Cyndaquil. The RNG chose Totodile, so that's what I picked! I named my Totodile Jeremy, because that's the first name that popped into my head. I decided to check Jeremy's stats after Elm told me to do an obligatory fetch quest.
[+] Jeremy
Jeremy the Totodile
Adamant Nature!
Jan. 20, 2013
New Bark Town
Met at Lv. 5.
Scatters things often.

Ability - Torrent

Moves -
Scratch
Leer

I was really really surprised by Jeremy's nature, because this is the first Adamant starter I've ever received!
Unfortunately, I have to go on Elm's obligatory fetch quest now, so whatever. On my way to Cherrygrove, Jeremy leveled up twice and learned Water Gun. He's level 7. When I made it to Cherrygrove, I was greeted by an old pedophile man, who gave me a tour of the place and ended up giving me his shoes.. I love the toggle on/off for the running shoes!

When I made it to Route 30, I received the Apricorn Case! Just what every ten year old trainer needs, of course. When I entered Mr. Pokemon's Gollum's house, he handed me his Precioususususus. (I just saw the Hobbit yesterday, so I had this thought >_>). After that tl;dr speech that nobody gives a shit about, I met Professor Oak, and he gave me a Pokedex! who gives a random child a Pokedex After leaving, I received a Phone call from Professor Elm, saying he's been robbed of some shit, and needs me to come back. On my way back, Jeremy grew to level 8, and when I was about to leave Cherrygrove, DICKS some redhead bumped into me and challenged me to a battle, which I won, and Jeremy leveled to 9. The redhead dropped their wallet, which I promptly took money from read their name and kept it.

At Elm's lab, I had to give the wallet back and the redhead's name, which was Silver. I also had to give Gollum's Precioususususus to Elm, since they both have an obsession with eggs. I was coaxed into taking the Gym Challenge by Elm, so that's what I'll be doing :dubs: . Some bitch who was guarding the town made me talk to my Mother before leaving, and I decided to have the option of sending money to her, so that she can spend it on strippers and berries hopefully get me good items like Silk Scarfs and Focus Items. When I finally left, I encountered Lyra and her large, fat, round, Marill, where she made me go through a long tutorial about how to catch Pokemon. She gave me five Pokeballs, so it was worth it!

My first encounter of the Route was a female Sentret, whom I caught on the first try. I named her Francine.
[+] Francine
Francine the Sentret
Mild Nature
Jan. 20, 2013
Route 29
Met at Lv. 3.
Highly curious.

Ability - Keen Eye

Moves -
Scratch
Foresight

Awesome! I really haven't used a Sentret before.
I meant to use a Potion for a battle between Francine and a Pidgey, but I accidentally clicked the Pokeball (It was on that tab that's "Last used" or whatever), and accidentally caught it.. I plan to release her once I get to the Cherrygrove Center. i can't fucking believe this. On my way to the Route above Route 29, Francine grew to level 4. When I made it to Route 46, I caught Cameron, the Rattata.
[+] Cameron
Cameron the Rattata
Adamant nature
Jan. 20, 2013
Route 46
Met at Lv. 4.
Somewhat of a clown.

Ability - Guts

Moves -

Tackle
Tail Whip
Quick Attack

Three Pokemon in and I already have two Adamant Pokemon! Wow!
I went to Route 30 and caught a female Pidgey to go with my male Rattata, Cameron. I named her Rita. After I caught Rita, I decided to grind everybody to level 10 on Route 29.
[+] Rita
Rita the Pidgey
Impish nature
Jan. 20, 2013
Route 30
Met at Lv. 3.
Sturdy body.

Ability - Keen eye

Moves -
Tackle

I've never really used the Pidgey line before, since whenever I have one, it dies.
I had to challenge the Unstoppable Youngster Joey and his Top Percentage Harbringer of Death, Rattata, who wiped me out I beat with ease. I accidentally smashed A for too long and ended up giving him my number, so I have to expect a shitload of calls, now! I had to go through two battles to get to Route 31, but in the process, Rita leveled to 11. When I made it to Route 31, my first encounter was a female HootHoot, who died to a crit Gust by Rita, sadly ;~;. After that, I went into Dark Cave and caught a female Geodude, who I named Regina.
[+] Regina
Regine the Geodude
Gentle nature
Jan. 20, 2013
Dark Cave
Met at Lv. 3.
Sturdy body.

Ability - Rock Head

Moves -

Tackle
Defense Curl

While I may have gotten a terrible nature, I did get a great characteristic! I think that means her Defense IV is near-perfect.
Upon entering the gate leading to Violet City, I was cockblocked by Lyra, who said some bullshit that I didn't even bother to read. After that, I went to heal up and headed off to Route 32, where my first encounter was a female Wooper, but due to the Wedlocke rules, I couldn't catch her, since I can only catch a male Pokemon next! My next encounter, luckily, was a male Wooper, who I named Doctor. (Doctor Whooper :wooper: )
[+] Doctor
Doctor the Wooper
Hasty nature
Jan. 20, 2013
Route 32
Met at Lv. 6.
Likes to run.

Ability - Damp

Moves -

Water Gun
Tail Whip
Mud Sport

I'm a little sad that I have two water types, but oh well.
[+] Current Team
Jeremy the Totodile (10) and Francine the Sentret (10)
Rita the Pidgey (11) and Cameron the Rattata (10)
Regina the Geodude (3) and Doctor the Wooper (6)
[+] Spoiler

A Blind Pokemon Vega Nuzlocke!

Badges - 8
Deaths - 5

A Blind Pokemon Sienna Run!

Badges - 7
Deaths - 4

Badges - 8
Deaths - 14

REDalchemist
Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym

January 21st, 2013, 1:51 am #2

man wish this was screenshot but I have problems myself

GL and let their relationships last forever

Pokemon Sun-Update 9/26
[+] Spoiler
In Search Of BW2! A Crystal Nuzlocke

The Reencarnacion of Pokemon Trainer Red! A Pokemon Red Nuzlocke

Ink

January 21st, 2013, 1:53 am #3

REDalchemist wrote:man wish this was screenshot but I have problems myself

GL and let their relationships last forever
I could have done a screenshot run, but I'd rather document a cartridge run for once :dubs:
[+] Spoiler

Badges - 8
Deaths - 5

Badges - 7
Deaths - 4

Badges - 8
Deaths - 14

It Keeps Happiny
Conqueror of the Viridian Gym

January 21st, 2013, 2:53 am #4

Still pretty entertaining for a log! Good luck with this... Wedlockes sound freaking hard and I hated grinding in HGSS. I approve of Doctor :wooper: though
Pokemon art blog
[+] Spoiler
The answer to life and everything is unfortunately NOT doing Pokemon runs. I'm on lurker mode until I have more time.

WTFocke: POKEY THE TRAINER IN 50 SHADES OF ASHGRAY
Valentine's Day Communitylocke: Love and Mappiny in PERKERMAHN ERMAHRERLD
[+] Spoiler

The Many GIFs of Nuzmas!
A Pokemon Black Christmas Communitylocke

REDalchemist

January 21st, 2013, 5:24 am #5

finished the signature

If you are looking for a Siggy PM me and we'll talk

Pokemon Sun-Update 9/26
[+] Spoiler
In Search Of BW2! A Crystal Nuzlocke

The Reencarnacion of Pokemon Trainer Red! A Pokemon Red Nuzlocke

Ink

January 21st, 2013, 4:10 pm #6

It Keeps Happiny wrote:Still pretty entertaining for a log! Good luck with this... Wedlockes sound freaking hard and I hated grinding in HGSS. I approve of Doctor :wooper: though
Thanks! And yeah, Wedlockes can be a handful from what I've seen of Marriland's videos, but the concept seems really interesting, too :dubs:
REDalchemist wrote:

finished the signature

If you are looking for a Siggy PM me and we'll talk
That's amazing! Thank you, RED!
[+] Update #2
I decided to go to Sprout Tower last night and catch a Ghastly, who I named Tami! I've used tons of Ghastly before, but sadly, none have ever survived to Haunter.
[+] Tami
Tami the Ghastly
Adamant nature
Jan. 20, 2013
Sprout Tower
Met at Lv. 4.
Impetuous and silly.

Ability - Levitate

Moves -

Hypnosis
Lick

Wow! A third Adamant natured Pokemon! Too bad it's a terrible nature for Ghastly, but wow!
I went to Dark Cave to train up Doctor and Jeremy. I ended up training both of them to 14, because I thought that would be a reasonable level. I had forgotten about training Regina, so I went to do that afterwards, but when I went out to Route 31, I encountered a Bellsprout, with Regina in the front of my party. I tried to run, but of course, I couldn't escape! So I had to watch Regina die in her first battle! RIP Regina the Geodude Lv. 3 - 3

I went to deposit Regina in the box 'Transfer', and took out Tami. I took Tami to the Sprout Tower to train, as the Bellsprout trainers there are quite easy, but nope! Unfortunately, Doctor won't be having another companion for a while. RIP Tami the Ghastly Lv. 4 - 5. Since I couldn't catch another Pokemon to replace the fallen, I decided to put Francine at the front of my party and train her in the Sprout Tower. By the time we reached DICKS Silver, we were already level 12! Of course, Silver ran away, but we ended up challenging the Monk or whatever, and Francine ended up growing another level. The Monk gave me Flash, which was terrible. There was an escape rope by the Monk, so I used it and well.. escaped! :dubs:

I thought it would be wise to grind everyone to 14, just because I had no type advantage for Falkner, and because grinding is always good. While grinding Rita to 14, she learned Quick Attack, and Cameron had the option to learn Pursuit, but I didn't teach him it, since he already had Bite. Before going to challenge the Gym, I went to heal my Pokemon up and headed to the Pokemon Mart, where I bought 7 Potions, since it's better to be safe than sorry :wooper:

I decided to lead with Francine for the first two Gym Trainer battles, and she beat them with ease. Since she was doing well, I thought it would be wise to lead off with her versus Falkner's Pidgey. Definitely not Pidgeotto, though. I don't want to risk her :sweatdrop: . Francine beat Falkner's Pidgey in two hits with Quick Attack, and didn't even take any damage, luckily. I sent out Jeremy for Falkner's father's prized Pokemon Pidgeotto. I used Rage on Pidgeotto the second turn, since It does something (I forget what it was.), and on the third turn, I got a crit bite! Falkner didn't even use a Potion on his Pidgeotto :dubs: . In the end, I won with Jeremy, who had 13 HP left. For beating him up and killing his Pokemon winning, I received the Gym Badge and Roost, which I think Rita learns through leveling up, but that's not for a long while, so I might just teach her it now.

When I exited the Gym, I received a call from Elm telling me he wants me to hold on to his egg, and that I can find one of his assistants with it in the Pokemon Mart. I went there right away, and also found a guy who gave me berries, saying they were from my Mother. At least she didn't spend it on strippers :dubs: . Anyway, when I left the Mart, a creepy Kimono Girl came up to me and began to feel up my egg, told me of how it came to be mine, and that it's important. She also said that she's counting on me, but too bad for her. Since it's an egg and has no definite gender, I cannot use it, so I have to box it. I went to Route 36, where I received Rock Smash from a fat man in overalls. After that, we went to Route 32, where a man gave me his Miracle Seed, and I quickly ran away, because I don't want his seed..

I decided to battle the trainers in the Route, with Francine still leading. In the first battle against a Youngster, Francine grew to level 15! She also evolved into a Furret, so that should make Jeremy a happy Totodile tonight :wooper: . I switched her spot with Jeremy's in the party, so that he could get to level 15. In the end, I got a bunch of phone numbers, had Jeremy, Rita, and Cameron level to 15, and found Bullet Seed on the side of the road! Some guy in the Pokemon Center gave me an Old Rod, but I don't think I'll be using it until I get Doctor a companion.

In Union Cave, I couldn't find Doctor a companion yet, because every Pokemon so far had either been a Rattata, Geodude, or a male Zubat. While searching, I did some exploring, and found Rock Tomb, and also had Doctor gain 2 levels, so now he's currently at level 16. While heading back to the entrance, Jeremy grew to level 17, and I encountered a female Onix! The reason I was heading back to the entrance was because Doctor had gotten poisoned by a Koffing ;~;. After about five tries, I caught her! I named her River, since that's the Doctor's wife from Doctor Who.
[+] River
River the Onix
Timid nature
Jan. 21, 2013
Union Cave
Met at Lv. 6.
Quick tempered.

Ability - Sturdy

Moves -

Tackle
Harden
Bind
Screech

I've never used an Onix before, but I'm sure she'll make a great asset to the team. She'll definitely be helpful for Bugsy, too!
[+] Current Team
Jeremy the Totodile (17) and Francine the Furret (15)
Cameron the Rattata (15) and Rita the Pidgey (15)
Doctor Whooper (16) and River the Onix (6)
[+] Spoiler

Badges - 8
Deaths - 5

Badges - 7
Deaths - 4

Badges - 8
Deaths - 14

Ink

January 26th, 2013, 1:13 am #7

[+] Update #3
I decided to grind up Doctor and Jeremy to level 18 in Dark Cave. At level 18, Jeremy evolved! So, now he's a Croconaw. When I left Dark Cave, my first encounter was a Spearow, who accidentally died to a crit Scratch by Francine :sweatdrop: . But that's all right. There's still Kenya the Spearow at Goldenrod or whatever! I figured it would be best to grind everyone to 18 there, but I ended up grinding Rita, Cameron, and River, first, because during grinding Francine had gotten poisoned. On my way to Azalea Town, I encountered a Team Rocket member at the well! He was arguing with a middle-aged man, but in the end the man got scared and ran away. I ran from the Team Rocket member, because Francine's health is way more important than a thug like him! Once I healed Francine, I went to the Pokemon Mart to buy some Pokeballs for Ilex Forest, since I didn't have a catch from there, yet. As soon as I stepped inside, I found a Weedle! I named him Gary.
[+] Gary
Gary the Weedle
Bold nature
Jan. 22, 2013
Ilex Forest
Met at Lv. 5.
Sturdy body

Ability - Shield Dust

Moves -

Poison Sting
String Shot

Awesome! I've only had two Beedrill before, but they've all died early. Hopefully Gary will be different!
I went back to the Route next to Azalea to finish grinding Francine, and picked the Apricorns there, too, since Kurt can make Pokeballs from them. I went to find Kurt in Azalea Town, but in order for him to make me some Pokeballs, I had to do a stupid sidequest for him! But I guess it was worth it, since there's free exp involved! The sidequest required me to go to the Pokemon Well and defeat some Team Rocket members who were cutting off Slowpoke Tails. (Yuck!) When I made it to the well, I found out Kurt had fallen and couldn't get up, so I went on without him. Beating the members were easy, and by the time I was done, I had made it to an Executive, called Proton. Proton was really easy, but I had to switch River with Cameron because River had gotten poisoned. Once Proton was defeated, he quickly fleed the scene, crying. After he left, Kurt suddenly recovered and we helped the Slowpoke.. put back on their tails, I think?

Once back at Kurt's place, his granddaughter gave me his phone number. Kurt had told me that he'll make me some Pokeballs, since I have apricorn. I gave him three Black Apricorn. I came back a day later and received some Heavy Balls! These could come in handy, should I encounter a Pokemon that looks to be large. I ended up giving Kurt one Pink Apricorn, in order for him to make a Love Ball. After that, I went to challenge Bugsy. I decided to lead off with Rita, since she has the type advantage. That battle was terrible! Her Gust attack hardly damaged Scyther, while Scyther could easily eat through Rita's defenses like a piece of cheese. I think the whole battle between Rita and Scyther took more than 25 turns, due to healing and all that. I decided to switch Rita with Cameron for the last two battles, just to give her a rest. Cameron beat his Kakuna and Metapod with ease.

After that, I healed everybody up and went to Ilex Forest, but I was interrupted by DICKS Silver, who wanted to battle. I lead with Cameron, who OHKO'd his Ghastly with Bite, and two hit KO'd his Zubat with Quick Attack. I switched Cameron out with Rita for Bayleef, and ugh! That Bayleef is a pain in the ass. Due to Reflect, Gust hardly did any damage. Bayleef poisoned Rita and began to use the stall strategy with Synthesis, and after I ran out of potions, Rita was almost dead! I had to switch to Cameron, since Cameron was still able to battle, and was the only one who I could switch Rita out for, due to the Wedlocke rules. When Cameron came in, Bayleef used Razor Leaf and BAM! Critical hit! Cameron went down without a fight! [RIP Cameron the Rattata Lv. 4 - 19] Only Rita could avenge him, and that she did. Rita outsped Bayleef and used one last Gust, and it was down for the count! We won, but sadly, we lost a bro. Silver raged and ran away hopefully to the pits of hell.

I boxed Cameron in 'Transfer', and went to Ilex Forest, and while inside, I found a man who needed help searching for his Farfetch'd. I helped the man out, and after I returned his Farfetch'd, he said that he had not one, but two Farfetch'd! So, like the nice citizen of Johto I am, I gladly obliged. After I returned his second Farfetch'd, he handed me Cut! This will come in handy for getting through. (I had to bring back Cameron in order to get back out, because I didn't want to teach anyone else Cut. :sweatdrop : ). While in the Forest, I met a man who could teach my Pokemon Headbutt. I ended up teaching Francine Headbutt. I went back to Azalea Town to catch a Pokemon by using Headbutt. I was hoping for an Aipom or Pineco, but I ended up finding a Heracross! It was a Male Heracross, too, so that was perfect for matching up with Rita. The Heracross ended up making me use all my Pokeballs! I was freaking out a little because I really wanted a Heracross, but on my last Pokeball, I successfully caught him! I named him Raj, because I was watching The Big Bang Theory when I caught him :dubs: .
[+] Raj
Raj the Heracross
Relaxed Nature
Jan. 25, 2013
Azalea Town
Met at Lv. 4.
Likes to thrash about.

Ability - Swarm

Moves -

Tackle
Horn Attack
Endure
Leer

I've never ever used a Heracross before. I hope he survives! He'll definitely be a big help for Whitney. If I hadn't found this guy, and had caught a Drowzee later on, I'd probably have ended up using that for Whitney!

I went to train up Raj to level 16, where he learned Aerial Ace and Fury Attack. Once back in Ilex Forest, I met a nice Kimono girl who was lost. Wow, it looks like everybody needs my help today! I ended up helping her find the exit, which was.. like.. ten steps away.. But, whatever. Once out, Raj grew two levels! All those battles were really easy :dubs: . On my way to Goldenrod City, I met up with Lyra, who showed me her Grandparents' Day Care Center, and gave me her number, and her Grandparents' phone numbers. I ran into the grass after that and encountered a Drowzee, who I named Devin.
[+] Devin
Devin the Drowzee
Jolly nature (ffffff-)
Jan. 25, 2013
Route 34
Met at Lv. 10.
Very finicky.

Ability - Insomnia

Moves -

Pound
Hypnosis
Disable
Confusion

Damn! Out of all the natures I could have possibly gotten.. Ah, well, I guess if you're getting an Adamant Rattata and Totodile, you're bound to get a Jolly/Adamant Drowzee/Ghastly. If a Male Pokemon dies, though, I'll definitely be using devin.
After that, we went into Goldenrod City where we healed up and went underground, where, yet again, we met up with Lyra. I got fed up with her bullshit and went downstairs, where we battled several trainers. In the aftermath of the second to last battle, Doctor evolved! Now he's a big, strong, Quagsire!
[+] Current Team
Jeremy the Croconaw (18) and Francine the Furret (18)
Doctor the Quagsire (20) and River the Onix (18)
Raj the Heracross (19) and Rita the Pidgeotto (20)
[+] Spoiler

Badges - 8
Deaths - 5

Badges - 7
Deaths - 4

Badges - 8
Deaths - 14

It Keeps Happiny

January 26th, 2013, 9:29 pm #8

What luck with that Heracross!!! It took me like an HOUR to get one via Headbutt when I played this game. Sorry for your loss of Cameron, though :(

In any case... the team looks pretty solid! Though I'd almost say use the Doctor/River duo against Whitney since they easily resist and out-tank the Miltank. Will be awkward with Attract shenanigans and this being a Wedlocke, though, LOL. Good luck!
Pokemon art blog
[+] Spoiler
The answer to life and everything is unfortunately NOT doing Pokemon runs. I'm on lurker mode until I have more time.

WTFocke: POKEY THE TRAINER IN 50 SHADES OF ASHGRAY
Valentine's Day Communitylocke: Love and Mappiny in PERKERMAHN ERMAHRERLD
[+] Spoiler

The Many GIFs of Nuzmas!
A Pokemon Black Christmas Communitylocke

Ink

February 1st, 2013, 10:41 pm #9

[+] Update #4
Wow! A lot has happened since my last update! (Please keep in mind, I changed the way I did things in my Written Log so that it coincides with all that's happening. i.e. caught a Pokemon Jan. 27, but have it listed with a Pokemon on the 26th for convenience and organization.)

I went to the National Park and caught a [whopping] Caterpie, who I named William. I decided to go that night, because it was a Saturday, and I didn't feel like waiting until Tuesday in order to catch a Pokemon! After that, I went to Routes 35 and 36 and caught a Nidoran (F) and Nidoran (M). I named them Jack and Jill.
[+] William
William the Caterpie
Impish nature
Jan. 26, 2013
National Park
Met at Lv. 16.
Hates to lose

Ability - Shield Dust

Moves -

Tackle
String Shot
Bug Bite

Not bad!
[+] Jack
Jack the Nidoran (M)
Quiet nature
Jan. 26, 2013
Route 36
Met at Lv. 12.
Often lost in thought.

Ability - Poison Point

Moves -

Leer
Peck
Focus Energy
Double Kick
[+] Jill
Jill the Nidoran (F)
Jolly nature
Jan. 25, 2013
Route 35
Met at Lv. 12.
Often lost in thought.

Ability - Poison Point

Moves -

Growl
Scratch
Double Kick
Tail Whip
After that, I proceeded to grind everybody up to level 22, because I didn't want to risk anyone at Whitney. Whitney and her Miltank can be a handful, that's for sure! Unfortunately, when I went to the Gym, Whitney wasn't there. The man at the Gym said Whitney went to the Radio Tower, so that's where I went. Whitney was too lost in thought, so while waiting for her to man the fuck up come to, I took a quiz! It was quite easy, and for my prize, I received a Radio Card for my Pokegear. I can now listen to radio broadcasts wherever I want, whenever I want. That's pretty cool :wooper: . Whitney came back into a jealous rage and fled the Tower, and I quickly followed her in pursuit, because I really wanted that badge.

I had Raj lead for every single battle in her Gym, since he's part Fighting, and has access to the move Brick Break. Raj swept every trainer and Whitney's Clefairy with only one hit each! For her Miltank, though.. Oh jeez. Raj managed to get her Miltank down to almost half health with Brick Break, when her Miltank used Rollout. I thought Raj was a goner, since Rock moves are super-effective to Bugs, but then I remembered his other typing was Fighting, so it didn't do as much damage as I thought it would do! Once that was done, it was a stall battle between Milk Drink and Brick Break. I believe it lasted a total of eight turns. I can't really remember :sweatdrop: . In the end, Raj grew two levels in that Gym! Whitney wouldn't hand me the badge right away, because she was being a bratty bitch. A nice Gym Trainer there talked to Whitney and ended up giving me the badge! I don't understand why you would become a Gym leader if you're going to cry over some spilled "Milktank"..

Before leaving Goldenrod City, I went next door to the Florist and received a watering can, which I needed in order to get to Ecruteak City, since a Sudowoodo was blocking the way. Jill beat him in three turns with Double Kick, and leveled to level 23! Sadly, there was no catch for Route 37, because I ran out of Pokeballs. The first encounter was a female Stantler, who I most likely would have named Selma. Moving on, though! I went to heal everybody up and ran into Bill, the famous scientist or whatever who invented the PC Box System! He gave me an Eevee, and it was a female! I named her Verdona, because I planned to make her an Espeon. I received a phone call from my Mother who said she had a present for me, and that it's at the Pokemon Mart, waiting for me. It turns out that she didn't give me the same old usual Berry, but she gave me a Moon stone and a Silk Scarf! It's not even my birthday, either!
[+] Verdona
Verdona the Eevee
Quiet nature
Jan. 28, 2013
Met at Lv. 5.
Quick to flee.

Ability - Run Away

Moves -

Tail Whip
Tackle
Helping Hand

I've used Eevee a bunch of times, to be honest, but it's always great to have because it can turn into a variety of things, depending on what I need.
I went to the right of Ecruteak City to Route 42, where I bumped into a Hiker. He apologized and handed me HM04 Strength. This will come in handy for later on! After that, I found Shadow Claw, which I taught to Francine. I went inside to Mount Mortar, and found a Zubat, who I named Kale. I decided to explore Mount Mortar and found an exit that lead to Route 42, where I found a Mareep and named her Dolores, because for some reason I thought of Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter V.
[+] Kale
Kale the Zubat
Sassy nature
Jan. 26, 2013
Mt. Mortar
Met at Lv. 15
Likes to thrash about.

Ability - Inner Focus

Moves -

Leech Life
Supersonic
Astonish
Bite

I was going to name him Dracula, but I decided against it, since that's really overdone!
[+] Dolores
Dolores the Mareep
Docile nature
Jan. 27, 2013
Route 42
Met at Lv. 15.
Loves to eat.

Ability - Static

Moves -

Tackle
Growl
ThunderShock
Thunder Wave
I had no idea that you had access to Mahogany Town this early, to be honest! I've never really gone this way before in a playthrough, so that's pretty neat. Once I healed everyone up, tragedy struck. I went to Route 43 to grind and catch a Pokemon, but while trying to catch my first encounter, which was a male Girafarig, he killed River with a critical Confusion! Due to Wedlocke rules, I couldno longer catch the Girafarig, since the rules dictate that I must have River's partner, Doctor, avenge her, which he gladly did. [RIP River the Onix Lv. 6 - 25] To replace the fallen River, I put in Verdona the Eevee, who also died. Two levels later. Two deaths near each other! That's terrible! To replace the replacement, I put in Jill, who I can happily say had not died during grinding! When Jill reached level 23, after learning Bite, I evolved her with the Moon Stone, so that she could learn Body Slam that same level. Jeremy evolved at level 30, too! After I grinded everyone up to level 30, (It took literally forever!), I went to Route 38, where I caught a Meowth and named him Connor. On Route 39, this is where I had a bit of a mixup :sweatdrop: . I didn't realize this until yesterday, when I was looking through my box. I had caught a Magnemite by mistake! I had totally forgotten that I couldn't catch genderless Pokemon, so I released MAGBOT-367, and went back to Route 39, where my next first encounter was a Miltank, who I named Whitney. The encounter before Whitney was a Meowth, and before that was a Magnemite.
[+] Connor
Connor the Meowth
Serious nature
Jan. 27, 2013
Route 38
Met at Lv. 16.

Ability - Technician (Awesome!)

Moves -

Growl
Bite
Fake Out
Fury Swipes

Technician? Awesome!
[+] Whitney the Miltank
Whitney the Miltank
Careful nature
Jan. 31, 2013
Route 39
Met at Lv. 15.
Mischievous.

Ability - Thick Fat

Moves -

Defense Curl
Stomp
Milk Drink
Bide

I've never ever used a Miltank. If Whitney's can be a killer, so can this one!
After catching those guys, I went to the Burned Tower to pay my respects, and you'll never guess who I ran into there! DICKs Silver! After a quick battle, he ran away. I climbed downstairs and I met the three legendary dogs, Suicune, Entei, and Raikou! They left as fast as I met them, and I was pushed aside by Eusine, who had a fangasm. It really hurt ;_;. After that, I went to see the Kimono Girls, but a Team Rocket Grunt was bothering one, so I helped her out! She thanked me, and a nice man gave me his spare HM03 Surf.

After that, I finally challenged the Gym, with Francine leading, due to her knowing Shadow Claw, and because Ghost types don't effect Normal types. I'd give a play-by-play like I do for the other battles, but, to be honest, it was really just spamming Shadow Claw :dubs: .

Once receiving the Ghost Badge or whatever it's called, I went to Olivine City. On the way there, I ran into a man by the name of Baoba, and as it turns out, he's in charge of the Safari Zone! He told me he'll call me when it's ready, so we exchanged Pokegear numbers. (You should never do this at home! :dubs: ) Once at Olivine City, unfortunately, I ran into Silver, who I pushed aside and went into the Lighthouse. I climbed that as easily as walking up stairs! no it was annoying as fuck On the way there, Rita gained two levels, which will definitely help for Chuck! Once at the top, I met Jasmine, the Gym Leader of this City, who said her Ampharos, Amphy was sick, and wanted me to get some medicine for her. Of course, as a gentleman, I couldnt' just leave a certified damsel in distress Gym Leader without assistance! I quickly surfed to Cianwood, when on the way, I caught a Tentacruel, who I named Harley. (I forgot to mention this above, but I also went to Ruins of Alph and caught a Natu, who I named Shay.)
[+] Harley
Harley the Tentacruel
Bold nature
Jan. 31, 2013
Route 41
Met at Lv. 15.
Likes to relax.

Ability - Clear Body

Moves -

Supersonic
Constrict
Acid
Toxic Spikes

I've never used a Tentacruel before. Sadly, though, I most likely won't be using one, either, since I have Jeremy and Persistent Starter on :dubs: .
[+] Shay
Shay the Natu
Modest nature (ffffiossdkldsasdjaidsts)
Jan. 31, 2013
Ruins of Alph
Met at Lv. 18.
Likes to run.

Ability - Early Bird

Moves -

Night Shade
Teleport
Lucky Chant
Miracle Eye

Holy shit! A modest natured Natu! That's great!
I grinded Rita to level 37, but I didn't evolve her until 37, instead of 36, since Wing Attack is learned at 37. I'm still grinding everyone, though!!
[+] Current Team
Jeremy the Feraligatr (30) and Francine the Furret (32)
Jill the Nidoqueen (30) and Doctor the Quagsire (30)
Rita the Pidgeot (37) and Raj the Heracross (33)
[+] Current Playtime
41:57
Started Jan. 20, 2013

I've been playing for a long time!
[+] Spoiler

Badges - 8
Deaths - 5

Badges - 7
Deaths - 4

Badges - 8
Deaths - 14

Vaporatia
Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym

February 1st, 2013, 10:45 pm #10

Jack and Jill :P

Is there any Pokemon that is somehow related to a lamb?
If so, if it is Female, name it Mary. :O

Ink

February 1st, 2013, 11:03 pm #11

Vaporatia wrote:Jack and Jill :P

Is there any Pokemon that is somehow related to a lamb?
If so, if it is Female, name it Mary. :O
I don't believe there is one. I like the reference, though!
[+] Spoiler

Badges - 8
Deaths - 5

Badges - 7
Deaths - 4

Badges - 8
Deaths - 14

Ink

February 2nd, 2013, 10:00 pm #12

[+] Update #5
I finished grinding everybody to 36, and also caught two new Pokemon while fishing in Cianwood and Olivine! In Olivine, I caught a Magikarp, who I named Georgia, and in Cianwood, I caught a Krabby, who I named Eugene.
[+] Georgia
Georgia the Magikarp
Impish nature
Feb. 1, 2013
Olivine City
Met at Lv. 20.
Proud of its power

Ability - Swift Swim

Moves -

Splash
Tackle

Ooh, proud of its power! That means that it's got a high attack IV.
[+] Eugene
Eugene the Krabby
Adamant nature
Feb. 1, 2013
Cianwood City
Met at Lv. 20
Highly curious

Ability - Hyper Cutter

Moves -

Leer
Harden
BubbleBeam
Mud Shot

Adamant! Wow!
I decided that it was time to challenge Chuck, but I had to go through a whole obstacle course in order to get to him! I had to stop his meditating by clogging a waterfall or something, which he got pissed off at, and challenged me to a battle. It was really easy! Rita basically Wing Attacked the hell out of Primeape and Poliwrath. I think I was a bit overleveled, but it's better for Jasmine and Pryce. After receiving the Badge, I was given a TM which contained Focus Punch, and his wife gave me HM02 Fly! That makes things much much easier to travel around.

Once back in Olivine, I ran to give Jasmine's Ampharos, Amphy, her medicine. Jasmine had said that she'd be in her Gym waiting for me, but after she left the top floor, I received a call from Baoba, saying his Safari Zone was open. I went straight there! On the way I caught a Girafarig, who I named Dale. When I met upn with Baoba, he told me that I could become an owner of his Safari Zone, but in order to do so, I had to complete a test. The test was to catch a Geodude for him. If I get it as a first encounter, all right! The rules for the Safari Zone are standard Nuzlocke rules, but if it flees, oh well. Each area counts as a separate one. Once inside, my first encounter of the Peak area was a Magnemite, but due to Wedlocke rules, I can't! My next encounter was a Geodude, which I caught, despite Duplicates Clause. After that, I caught an Abra named Isadora, Lickitung named Sergio, a Hoppip named Preston, a Machop named Brick, and a Tauros named Zodiac! Once I handed him the Geodude, he said there was another test! He said he would call me when he thought of it, so I just nodded.
[+] Dale
Dale the Girafarig
Careful nature
Feb. 2, 2013
Route 48
Met at Lv. 20.
Highly persistent

Ability - Early Bird

Moves -

Odor Sleuth
Stomp
Agility
Psybeam

I was going to name him Melman, but I decided against it. I would love to use a Girafarig, but I'd rather use that Natu due to it being Modest :dubs: .
[+] Isadora
Isadora the Abra
Bold nature
Feb. 2, 2013
Safari Zone
Met at Lv. 15
Alert to sounds

Ability - Synchronize

Moves -

Teleport

I've used the Abra line before, so I doubt I'll be using her.
[+] Sergio
Sergio the Lickitung
Gentle nature
Safari Zone
Met at Lv. 17.
Alert to sounds

Ability - Own Tempo

Moves -

Supersonic
Defense Curl
Knock Off
Wrap
[+] Preston
Preston the hoppip
Naive nature
Feb. 2, 2013
Safari Zone
Met at Lv. 16.
Capable of taking hits.

Ability - Leaf Guard

Moves -

Tackle
Poison Powder
Stun Spore
Sleep Power

I once had a Jumpluff. He was a true bro.
[+] Brick
Brick the Machop
Jolly nature
Feb. 2, 2013
Safari Zone
Met at lv. 17.
A little quick tempered

Ability - No Guard

Moves -

Leer
Focus Energy
Karate Chop
Foresight
[+] Zodiac
Zodiac the Tauros
Gentle nature
Feb. 2, 2013
Safari Zone
Met at Lv. 15.
Likes to thrash about.

Ability - Anger Point

Moves -

Rage
Horn Attack
Scary Face
Pursuit
I quickly flew to Jasmine's Gym, and easily beat her with Doctor, who spammed the shit out of earthquake who won with ease. I used Surf on the two Magnemite, due to levitate, but the Steelix was easily beaten with Earthquake! After that, I was given Iron Tail and the Badge. I flew to the Lake of Rage, and you'll never guess what was there! A Red Gyarados! I caught it, and it took like nine or so Ultra Balls. I named him Melvin, because under that ferocious body is a warm fuzzy heart. :squiddle:
[+] Melvin
Melvin the Red Gyarados
Hardy nature
Feb. 2, 2013
Lake of Rage
Met at Lv. 30.
Somewhat vain.

Ability - Intimidate

Moves -

Bite
Dragon Rage
Leer
Twister
Once ashore, I was greeted by Lance and his Dragonite, who asked me if I could play secret agents with him would help him get rid of Team Rocket in Mahogany Town, and that I should meet him in the small piece of shit that this town calls a Pokemon Mart. When I arrived, my jaw dropped! His Dragonite was clawing at the two workers, seriously injuring them. He turned to see me, and tried to make an excuse, but I just saw the secret downstairs passage and ignored him. I went through a bunch of Grunts, dealt with SecurityPersians, and literally beat every Grunt in the vicinity, just for experience! I met Silver there, and I don't really know what he was doing there, to be honest, but he opened the door for me, and inside was Giovanni himself! Well, when I tried to talk to Giovanni, it turns out it was Petrel, a Team Rocket Admin! Once I mopped the floor with him, I went to deactivate the Electrode Generator, where I was forced to do a tag battle with Lance and fight Ariana, another Admin, and a random Grunt. Once done with that, we apparently killed the Electrode and that was that. I don't understand why Lance's help was required anyway, to be honest.. but oh well!

Pryce's Gym was pretty much as anticlimactic as Chuck and Jasmine. I wish I could have some crazy story about how I was forced to do this and that, but sadly, I don't :sweatdrop: . I beat Pryce with Raj, who used Brick Break on all three of his Pokemon. I had no idea Seel was only pure Water! After I left his Gym, I received a phone call from Professor Elm, who told me that I should go check out the Radio Tower in Goldenrod City, because there were weird radio waves going around, and he wanted me to check it out.

I wasn't able to go inside, because a Grunt wouldn't let me in. I went downstairs to the underground area, because they were just conveniently giving away uniforms, so I took one. I was finally given admittance, but Silver had to be an asshole and cockblock me by taking off my clothes revealing my identity as a regular trainer. (aha! it was me all along! :dubs: ). I was forced to battle a Grunt, and like the underground Rocket Base, I battled every trainer in the Tower for experience. Once I reached the top, I talked to Petrel, again, who was dressed up as someone else. I think Petrel is having an identity crisis, but that's none of my business. Petrel was easy, but his fucking Koffings! Every single one fucking exploded. I'm so happy that Rita and Doctor were able to tank them, though! When I beat Petrel, he gave me a key to go underground and find the Director, which I did! Once in the underground spot, I met up with Silver, who challenged me to a battle. Francine sweeped him with ease! I challenged all the Robbers in the area and the Grunts, too, who gave me a key to find the Director for real, this time. Once that was done, I found him in the fetal position moping around. He gave me a Master Card (Not the credit card, sadly. I wish, though!) to use in order to take back the Tower.

Once in the previously blocked off areas, I beat Arianna and Proton, who really don't deserve the title of Admin. When I made it to the Observation Tower, I challenged the leader, Archer, to a battle. I'm so happy I grinded for this! His highest Pokemon was level 35, while mine was level 39. Jeremy beat his Pokemon with ease. When the battle was over, he jumped out the window. I'm not sure if he's okay, but oh well. The Director came upstairs mid-fall and handed me a Silver Wing as thanks, and told me to get the fuck out of his building, or else he'll call the cops.

Once outside, I received a phonecall from Baoba, saying that he thought of a second task!
[+] Current Team
Jeremy the Feraligatr (39) and Francine the Furret (39)
Doctor the Quagsire (40) and Jill the Nidoqueen (39)
Rita the Pidgeot (39) and Raj the Heracross (39)
[+] Current Playtime
51:46
Started Jan. 20, 2013
[+] Spoiler

Badges - 8
Deaths - 5

Badges - 7
Deaths - 4

Badges - 8
Deaths - 14

Vaporatia

February 3rd, 2013, 12:37 pm #13

Nice update. And damn, you got really good catches!

You need to fix the 'play secret agents with him' bit as you put [/s] [/s].
Other than that, well writen as always!

Ink

February 3rd, 2013, 3:05 pm #14

Vaporatia wrote:Nice update. And damn, you got really good catches!

You need to fix the 'play secret agents with him' bit as you put [/s] [/s].
Other than that, well writen as always!
Fixed!
And thanks! If it weren't for notepad clause/wedlocke rules, I'd probably use all of them :dubs:
[+] Update #6
I went back to Mahogany Town, because that's where I need to go in order to get to Blackthorn City. I went west of Mahogany and into the Ice Path, where I caught a Swinub, who I named Pumba. During my exploration throughout the Path, I found HM07 Waterfall, and saved a Kimono Girl from freezing to death.
[+] Pumba
Pumba the Swinub
Bashful nature
Feb. 2, 2013
Ice Path
Met at Lv. 21.
Loves to eat.

Ability - Snow Cloak

Moves -

Powder Snow
Mud-Slap
Endure
Mud Bomb

If Watchog was in this game, I would have had a Timon :wooper:
Once out of the Path, I went to heal everybody up at the Center, and went into the Gym to battle, since there wasn't really a need to grind, since the team was roughly at the same level as Claire's team. That's when something terrible happened. I had no idea that Dragonairs could use Aqua Tail.. and one did a critical hit on Jill.. ;___; RIP Jill the Nidoqueen Lv. 12 - 40. Doctor seems to be the only one who loses partners..

I went to box Jill and put Isadora, the Abra, in my team, since the only other Female Pokemon I had were type repeats. I would have taken Dolores, but I thought against it, since I needed a Special Attacker, anyway. I gave Isadora the experience share and went to battle one trainer in Claire's Gym, and she leveled up to 16, where she evolved into a Kadabra! After that, I went to trade Isadora to my Platinum, and then back to my SoulSilver, since Kadabra and Alakazam have the same exact level-up movesets. Once that was done, I proceeded to train her on Route 35 until she hit 22, and finished her grinding at Route 41, up until level 40. I thought that since Jill had died at that level, it was best to grind everyone a little more. I did that on the Route right below Blackthorn, and grinded everybody to level 42, with the exception of Rita, who I'll grind on the Route before the E4, since the Pokemon at this current Route are super-effective towards her type. My first encounter of the Route was a Skarmory, but I ran out of Pokeballs! Once grinding was done, I went to buy some Super Potions in the PokeMart and also received two gifts from my Mother. The gifts she gave me were a Muscle Band and Choice Scarf. I gave the Choice Scarf to Isadora, and the Muscle Band to Jeremy.

Once I reached Claire, I had Francine fight her Gyarados, who actually had a pretty easy time with it! Jeremy ate up those Dragonair with his Ice Fang. Of course he would, though! Jeremy is a great Feraligatr. Kingdra! Oh wow! I was really really proud of Isadora! She tanked a Hyper Beam from her Kingdra! I thought that she would have died, because Alakazam have poor defenses, but nope! I can honestly say that I'm proud of my team, and I'm sure Jill would be proud, too. Claire got pissed off and refused to give me the Gym Badge until I took a test from the Grand Elder in the Dragon's Den. Johto has the most bipolar Gym Leaders, I swear.. But nevertheless, I took the test and the Grand Elder said I passed, to Claire's surprise! She reluctantly gave me the Badge and her TM, Dragon Pulse. I flipped her off and left. Once out of the Den, I received a call from Professor Elm, telling me he'd like to see me.

Professor Elm congratulated me on receiving all eight Badges, and gave me a Master Ball! Awesome! He told me that the Kimono Girls would like to see me in Ecruteak, and I was like Oh shit. I decided to grind everyone (with the exception of Rita, again :sweatdrop: ) to level 45, because those Eeeveelutions of theirs can be killers! I saw what they did to Marriland's team in his Wedlocke, and I really don't want to take any risks. Once that was done, I went to challenge them, with Isadora in the lead. The first Kimono girl had an Umbreon, so I switched Isadora out with Doctor, who took care of it in ~3 turns with Earthquake. Isadora beat the next three, which were Espeon, Vaporeon, and Umbreon. I switched Isadora out with Doctor, again, for Jolteon, because I was afraid it knew Pin Missile, and I didn't really want to take any chances. Once I beat the last one, they congratulated me, and said they would be waiting for me at the Whirl Islands. Oh, jeez! That's going to be terrible.

Once at the Whirl Islands, I realized that it's kind of a pain in the ass to navigate through, especially without Flash! Unfortunately, I had to replace Jeremy's Slash with Strength in order to get through. I guess that's all right, since Strength does more damage. But, then I had realized, I went in through the wrong entrance. I actually went through the wrong entrance twice, and had to go back around a few times due to jumping off ledges by accident and such. I ended up teaching Flash to Doctor, because I realized I need it in order to do this. After I taught Doctor Flash, everything became a breeze! I found the Guardian of the entrance, who let me in, since I have the Silver Wing. After that, the Kimono Girls did theirn little strip tease for Lugia, who loves the scent of desperate Kimono. I figured I would just catch Lugia, since it's my encounter for here anyway, and because I need it for B/W(2) anyway :dubs: . After two Crunches, Lugia had about two or three HP, so I figured it was time to throw some Ultra Balls! I don't want to use my Master Ball, yet. After about 20 Ultra Balls, I got pissed off and just killed it.
[+] Current team
Jeremy the Feraligatr (45) and Francine the Furret (45)
Rita the Pidgeot (40) and Raj the Heracross (45)
Doctor the Quagsire (45) and Isadora the Alakazam (45)
[+] Current Playtime
63:59
Started Jan. 20, 2013
[+] Spoiler

Badges - 8
Deaths - 5

Badges - 7
Deaths - 4

Badges - 8
Deaths - 14

Ink

February 6th, 2013, 3:51 am #15

So, I don't really feel like typing up a long thing because nobody reads this run. I could probably count on my fingers, but whatever. I just want to say that I just beat Lance in the E4 with only my starter, Jeremy, alive. Everybody else died to either a crit or Dragonite's Outrage.
So, yeah.
[+] Spoiler

Badges - 8
Deaths - 5

Badges - 7
Deaths - 4

Badges - 8
Deaths - 14

Dathus

February 6th, 2013, 5:30 am #16

First off, Jesus Christ on you getting this done so fast. I was half-assedly following the last few days. Well done on finishing, AND taking your starter from beginning to end.
Second, sucks he was the last left. D: At least you won with style, right? And now he can go out to stud.
[+] Spoiler
My First Nuzlocke: FireRed
[+] Spoiler
Christmas Communitylocke: Blood Gulch Crew Saves Christmas
Team Communitylocke: Blue Team Rides Again
Sacred Gifts: A Sacred Gold Christmas Communitylocke
Current Run(s):

Updated: 12/02/13 Chapter Twenty-Eight: Double Troubled Waters
Badges: 8
Deaths: 8
Mehter wrote:And I have nothing better to do than sit here and F5 this thread for the next 6 hours and drink whiskey.

Come and enjoy the runs! As well, feel free to vote! We always need more voters!
[+] Spoiler
[/center]

Pillowcase
Unova League Champion
Unova League Champion

February 6th, 2013, 11:50 am #17

[AUTOMATED] This post has been moved to the Completed Runs section. Please do not edit the title of this topic.
SPECK
(updated 26.08.18)

~ you're all invited to the official nuzlocke writing chat ~
~ adrian ramos drew all my avatars, but not on purpose ~

"It wath anger from the patht" - Today at 4:44 PM
PI L LW OW
clock (32-bit) - Today at 4:44 PM
PILLOW
Aozora - Today at 6:22 PM
PILLOW