Forum rules
This subforum is for screenshot runs and written logs. If you're recounting events through a story, that goes in the Written Story Runs subforum - "written log" just refers to a direct log of what's happening.

Good luck on your journeys!

Anthem - an Alpha Sapphire run

GoGoGogoat
Conqueror of the Mauville Gym

April 18th, 2016, 4:30 pm #1

After about a year and a half of saying I wanted to do an Alpha Sapphire run, it's finally time. Welcome to my fourth run, and I hope you enjoy it!

To begin, there are a few things I'd like to explain about how I plan to write this run. These will be covered in the "run notes" tab below, and I recommend you read it before the rules or prologue.
[+] Run notes
Note #1: Contests

This run will heavily emphasize Contests. Credit to Macktavious for this idea! The rules I will be using are inspired by Mack's, but different in some places because of changes to Contest mechanics between Gen 3 and Gen 6.

Note #2: Music

For those of you who read Luminary, my previous run, you will remember that I included music in a few parts. In Anthem, music will be a more central focus. Many (but not all) parts will include music; my intent is to use music as a mode of storytelling. Whenever you see a link to a piece of music, you are encouraged to click it and continue reading at the pace of the song/lyrics. I will include timestamps during these interludes to help with this.

To that end, while I have some ideas for songs I want to use, I don't have every musical instance for the entire run planned out. Therefore, I encourage readers to suggest music for me to use in the run, at any time! You can make suggestions either in a comment or in a PM. I'm hoping that doing this run will help me to expand my own musical horizons, as well as all of yours. My only request is, if you want to give me a music suggestion, that you tell me why you think I should use it.

Note #3: Update types

Anthem will have three different "types" of updates.

- "Main parts" are in the style of long updates that I traditionally make. These will cover major progression in the game's storyline, and generally focus more on battle events. These parts will occasionally include music.
- "Interludes" will be much shorter, but I can produce these relatively quickly. These will focus more on smaller events and/or character development. These parts also will sometimes include music.
- "Contests" are self-explanatory. I will cover Contests (and their related story events) in their own separate parts. Contests will always include music.

My goal is to release some sort of update once every 3-10 days. Note that I do not promise a set order in which I post certain update types. Some of these parts will be harder to write than others. I want some kinds of updates to be easier for me to make in case life gets tough sometimes (and it will), but I also want to have a more strict schedule than I did for Luminary. This is my compromise.
[+] Rules
Nuzlocke rules:
1. If a Pokemon faints, it's considered dead and must be permanently boxed.
2. Catch only the first encounter in any given area. This rule applies once Poke Balls are first obtained.
a. Dupes clause is ON. This does NOT extend to evolutionary lines. Three chances per area to find a non-dupe.
b. Shiny clause is ON. If I do enough Nuzlockes, this will happen, I swear it.
c. Route 111's desert is considered a separate area from the rest of the route.
d. Gifts are permitted, but they are considered an encounter.
e. Legendary Pokemon may be obtained if the game requires, but may NOT be used.
f. DexNav may be used to make a catch once before the first Gym, and then one additional time per new badge obtained. However, uses do NOT stack between badges. Also, if the identified Pokemon flees before the battle begins, this is equivalent to missing the encounter.
g. In the case of horde encounters, choose one of the five Pokemon to catch.
3. Nickname everyone.
4. The starter must remain on the active team at all times, and its death constitutes an automatic failure of the run.
5. The Exp. Share is permitted. Be reasonable in using it.
6. Mega Evolution is permitted, but it has a recharge period of ten Trainer battles. However, against the Elite Four and Champion, this rule is voided.
7. Pokemon-Amie is permitted, with restrictions. Every Pokemon obtained may gain one Affection level for free, and an additional level for either every two badges won or Contest rank completed (see below), but not both.
a. If a Pokemon survives an otherwise lethal attack because of Amie bonuses, it may complete the present battle, but afterwards must be permanently boxed. (For story purposes, this is treated as "retirement," not a death.)
8. Super Training, O-Powers, and trading of any kind are NOT permitted.
9. The run is considered complete upon finishing the Delta Episode.

Contest rules:
1. Upon obtaining the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th badges, one Contest category may be unlocked and challenged.
2. After a category has been unlocked, it may be challenged once, and then one additional time per new badge obtained. This rule is voided upon obtaining the 8th badge.
3. An individual Pokemon must win a Contest at its current rank in order to progress to the next one.
4. Contests have entry fees. Entering a Normal Rank Contest costs $2,000; Super Rank, $5,000; Hyper Rank, $8,000; Master Rank, $12,000. After obtaining the 8th badge, fees are doubled.
5. The team that challenges the Pokemon League and participates in the Delta Episode must include five Master Rank Contest winners, one for each of the five categories, plus one additional teammate.
6. A Pokemon becomes locked onto the team when the following two conditions are met: the Pokemon has won a Master Rank Contest (or simply enters Victory Road if not a Contest competitor), and the 8th badge has been obtained. Locked Pokemon may not change their movesets. Also, their team slots cannot be replaced, even in the event of death or retirement, except where replacement is unavoidable.
[+] Updates
Prologue: Showtime (this post!)
Part #01: Ambitions
Part #02: Icebreaker
Part #03: Rockstar - vs. Roxanne
Interlude #01: Pizza Party
Part #04: Awakening
Part #05: Chronicle - vs. Brawly
Interlude #02: Distractions
Part #06: Exposure
Contest #01: Curtain
Part #07: Gravity
Part #08: Contract
Part #09: High Voltage - vs. Wattson
Contest #02: Power
Part #10: Overload
Interlude #03: Blame
Part #11: Rubble and Sins
Contest #03: Restless
Part #12: Volcanic Panic
Part #13: Geyser - vs. Flannery
Contest #04: Friction
Contest #05: Tenacity
Contest #06: Vice
Part #14: Smile - vs. Norman
Contest #07: Steadfast
Contest #08: Obligations
Part #15: Vortex - (1) (2)
Contest #09: Break
Contest #10: Honest
Interlude #04: Repair
Part #16: Freefall - vs. Winona
Part #17: Crossroads
Contest #11: Reaper
Interlude #05: Undertow
Part #18: Crush - (1) (2)
Contest #12: Fog of War
Contest #13: Soldier
Part #19: Visions - vs. Liza & Tate - (1) (2)
Part #20: Hurricane
Part #21: Leviathan
Contest #14: Principles
Part #22: Relics
Interlude #06: Rust
[+] Fanart (?!)
[+] Apollo and Jamie (Revenant)
[+] Anthem poster (Shiny Dustox)

[+] Prologue: Showtime
Are you ready?

(0:08)

So it's just another day
Working hard, don't wait till everything falls into place
Like a face without a name
But history is gonna change

(0:28)

So it's time to take a stand
Even if you feel the weight of the world now and then
'Cause the future's in your hands

So, keep on fighting till the end

(0:48)

Come on
Tear me apart
Rip right through the middle
Put the knife in my heart
We are one
We'll never stop
Looking back at everything we are

Undefeatable
(Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh)
Undefeatable

(1:19)

Let it break before you bend
Make it count, your life is something you have to defend
You could lose or you could win
So, keep on fighting till the end

(1:39)

Come on
Tear me apart
We are one
We'll never stop
Undefeatable
Undefeatable

(2:11)

I know you're about to break
Don't give up an run away
You know you can be stronger
Doesn't have to be this way
Just say what you want to say
You can't wait any longer

(2:30)

Come on
Tear me apart
We are one
We'll never stop

Undefeatable
Undefeatable
Undefeatable

Undefeatable...

Apollo, can you take off your earbuds for a moment?
Oh, sorry! So this is our house, huh?
Yup! A bit smaller than the one in Johto, but it's quieter out here, which is nice.
I'm not too picky. I'm gonna be all over the place anyway, right?
Right, of course. It wasn't too bad riding in the back of the truck, was it?
Nah, no big deal. I was able to pass the time.
I can tell. We heard your singing from the front seat.
And was I fantastic?
Humble as ever! Come on, let's start moving the boxes in.

That should do it for downstairs! Want to take the rest of your stuff upstairs?
What about you and Dad? Where do you two sleep?
See that switch on the wall there? Hidden bed behind it.
Oh. Okay, I see that.
Well, go on already! Professor Birch is expecting you very soon!
I haven't forgotten! I'm going now!
I swear, you and your father both would lose your heads if I didn't watch them for you.
I'll be sure to pack extra glue!

And now Apollo and his Snorlax take the stage for their final appeal! What will it be... oh my, it's Belly Drum! And they've timed it perfectly - just listen to the crowd! They're in an absolute frenzy! I think this might have won them the--
Apollo! Come downstairs, quick!
Hmm? Coming, Mom!

Dad was on just now.
Awww, I missed him? What was it about?
Live report on the Gym opening.
So it's official now, then.
That's right! We're Hoenn bigshots now!
Sure, let's go with that! We'll probably get invited to dinners or something down the road. On a related note, we should visit Dad in Petalburg sometime soon.
You'll be there very soon yourself, you'll have to say hi for me!
Can do. If everything's set here, I guess I should go meet up with this May person now?
She's right next door to us, you can't miss her!
So I've heard. Back later, after I get my Pokemon!
Have fun!

I'm Apollo, I just moved in next door.
Ah, of course! Martin told me you would be coming. Did you get here okay?
Yeah, everything was fine, aside from the part where the truck tipped over.
Arceus above! Are you hurt?!
Hah! No, I was kidding, that didn't actually happen.
Er... sheesh, don't scare me like that! I thought you were serious there for a moment!
I get that a lot.
Dial it back a little, then! I guess they did tell me you were a bit of a drama artist.
Gotta keep myself loose, y'know?
Well, if you're looking for May, she's upstairs in her room. Why don't you go introduce yourself?
Can do. Thanks, Mrs. Birch!
You're welcome! I need a glass of water...

Okay, books sorted, bags packed, and... hmm?
Hey there!
Huh?

I'm May! Glad to meet you!
And you as well!
I'm so excited you're here! You know you're like, the only other person my age in Littleroot, right?
No kidding? Lucky for us, we get to move around a bit.
Tell me about it! I can only do so much lab work before my brain melts. So are you totally thrilled to get started or what?
Absolutely! I'm a bit nervous, though, have to admit.
I'm sure that happens to everyone! I'm nervous, too, but I've been in the field a bunch, so hopefully that'll translate to a bigger journey!
It's actually been several years since I've had my own Pokemon, so that's part of it. But I'll make it work! All the world's a stage, as they say, and I know how to put on a show.
That's the spirit! This is gonna be so great! I can't wait to share with you all the things I know! There's so much cool stuff out there to learn, especially when you've got a professor dad to help you!
Right, we're supposed to go meet him--
Wait, I forgot! He's out on Route 101 right now, and I was supposed to go help him out with something!

Come on, catch up with me!
Hey, wait for... me?
Someone's in a rush. Better go after her.

Screaming? What's going on? Is it May?
Uh... probably not her.
Then who is it?
Don't worry, this happens a lot.
The screaming happens a lot?
Long story. You look tough, mister, can you sort it out?
Wait, why me?
It's really no big deal. I could do it myself, but the grown-ups would yell at me.
This town is weird... but I guess I've had weirder. I'll take a look!

What a terrifying sight. Facing down the ferocious jaws of a vicious beast, and surely an army of companions waiting in the grass behind him, there was nowhere left to run. He had to think of an idea fast--
Hey! Stop narrating my pain and suffering and just help me already!
Oh, right! What do I do?
My bag! Grab a Poke Ball! Doesn't matter which one!

So you say...
[+] Thoughts
Songs used: "Undefeatable" - Parade of Lights

To my knowledge, that song is a very strong candidate for overall anthem of Nuzlockes. I figured that would made a good introduction to the vibes I want to set for this run.

Welcome to the show! If you've read the run notes you saw this bit already, but I want to repeat it again for emphasis: please feel free to suggest music to use in this run whenever you want! As I'm sure all of you know very well, Nuzlockes can have a multitude of different moods depending on the current state of affairs. I have some musical ideas, but getting input from all of you will lead me to ideas that I might not have found on my own, since my music tastes are surely different from everyone else's. For instance, I first discovered Parade of Lights from these very forums. So if you've got a song you really want to hear, shout it out (and don't forget to tell me why you wanna hear it)!

The rest of the notes and rules speak for themselves. I'm hoping my somewhat fluid update plan affords me both stability and flexibility in moving things along. As for Contests, it's a crime that more Hoenn runs don't engage in these, because they're awesome, so I'll pick up where Mack left off, and put my own spin on things! some of those tweaks I made could definitely screw me over later

Apollo's name is a reference to the Greek god of music. It also doubles as the (partial) name of a West End theater in London. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that my recent uptick in theater activities at college will definitely shine through in this run. Of course, we'll continue to learn more about Apollo and his future Pokemon (spoiler: he gets some) as we move forward.

In case it's not immediately clear, the sudden switch to Courier New font is still Apollo speaking, but in "narrator mode," as I'm dubbing it. He will continue to do this, which is why I want to explain it now.

In my headcanon, Professor Birch's first name is Martin. So yeah.

Next time, we'll do the first full part! Starter 'mon and beyond await us! See you then!

Last update - (5/31) Interlude #06: Rust // Q+A open!

[+] Spoiler
Jamie
Nora
Beryl
Ridley
Sonata
Emil

Not dead, I promise...

Last update - (1/22) | A compendium of my past and present projects. Check it out!

"So long as you always maintain a sense of exploration, you will someday find the way out. This is my hope."

Diaper McDiaper
Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym

April 18th, 2016, 4:45 pm #2

Hey, cool. I have been a preety much silent reader of thee (even when the runs were finished) and I have decided to stop by. So, preety cool. Huh.
We've walked a long way from home.
Am I still another one?

May the legend live on.

[+] Spoiler
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Shiny Dustox
Conqueror of the Lavaridge Gym

April 18th, 2016, 4:57 pm #3

*shrieks*

Been so excited for this run wahoo!

Apollo sounds like a hoot. The switch to dramatic narration definitely suits him and I can imagine will make some fun situations in the future. Suddenly, dramatic fabulous battle against Archie.

Also, I love the song you picked. Definitely sets the tone for the run. As I've mentioned in Discord, I totally suggest this song. Or this one apparently.

Good luck!

art by AgentNein
[+] Current Team
Liam Tierra Virgil Bree Aurora Helena
To view my Completed Runs, feel free to visit The Insectarium.

Jimcloud

April 18th, 2016, 5:20 pm #4

Huh. I'm intrigued to see where this is going. Apollo's a bit of a space case, eh?

To be completely honest, I'm not much into the musical interludes, myself. I mean, I'm not really a fan of lyrical songs in general so it's just... a bit awkward for me I guess. BUT I WILL TOLERATE THIS FOR YOU GOGOAT-KUN. That being said, if you happen to need any instrumentals at any point, I'm your gal. :v:
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: man i wish i didnt use a monkey paw to get u as admin
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: like ur a great admin
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: but i have to deal with these
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: fucking
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: puns
[4:14 AM] Furfrou: all the fucking time
[4:14 AM] Jimcloud: So you'd rather we quit monkeying around.
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: all
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: the
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: fucking
[4:15 AM] Furfrou: time
[1:46 AM] the traveling clock problem: i'm more worried about the fact that it wasn't "unflawed" that was edited
[1:46 AM] Furfrou: unflawed is a word tho
[1:46 AM] the traveling clock problem: it doesn't sound pretty, i guess
[1:47 AM] Jimcloud: so it's not unflawed
[1:47 AM] the traveling clock problem: mag if you ever hire another admin never use a monkey's paw ever again jfc
[1:47 AM] Furfrou: it was necessary
[+] Spoiler
Two Sides to Every Story: a Platinum Timelocke: Complete

Jimcloud's Pokemon Conquest 'Nuzlocke': Sporadically Ongoing

Mirror World - The Outsider: Discontinued

Mychro
Conqueror of the Celadon Gym

April 18th, 2016, 5:33 pm #5

I was genuinely sitting in my chair grinning when I was reading the intro as the music was playing - You are starting on a high note, good sir!

A protagonist with an actual functioning family? That's actually pretty darn refreshing!

Not quite sure about what kind of music you want for these chapters, but this one is a personal favorite for emotional moments.
I'm a sucker for this one for a feelgood-segment.

Aaaaand leaving this right here because that one always makes me grin :v:

[+] Spoiler
All Natural, gluten free Nuzlocke of YAFRH

Final team:

Walter the Heracross, Patricia the Magnezone, Henry B. the Weavile, Callahan the Gyrarados, Eddie the Scyther and Amaterasu the Ninetailes
A Blind, Dark Monolocke of Emerald Omega

The run where I grind my ass off - repeatedly.
[+] Spoiler

A Blind Run of Pokemon White
A Game, and Gen, that I have never played before!
Hiatus indefinetly. I still have the game files, but my heart is not in it anymore.

Revenant
Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym

April 18th, 2016, 5:42 pm #6

Ohhhh I really enjoyed this prologue piece. The rules seem really interesting and I'm all for the incorporation of music in runs, because music is an important part of life for me and I love seeing and hearing the music that's important for other people!

Apollo is an interesting character. I love the switch into narrator voice, it really makes him feel imaginative and bright. The atmosphere of this run feels so nice. Maybe when I stop being shy and brain dead I'll send some music I enjoy your way!

I'm super excited to see how contests come into play. When The Hoenn segment of the show came out and May got into contests I'll admit that I was always really excited to watch those, so I'm excited to see how these get portrayed in the context of a run. :D

RedSpeed'15
Conqueror of the Pewter Gym

April 18th, 2016, 5:47 pm #7

I'm excited to read this run and to see what songs you'll use in your run. Speaking about songs:
'Everybode Wants to Rule The World' by Tears For Fears, it's about wanting to rule over the world, it could fit with Team Aqua.

Sadly, I only have one more (cliché) song idea.
'Eye Of The Tiger', because Brawly.

I will post ideas when inspiration strikes me.

Didn't really like his previous username (Pokemonforumlurker121)

Tiggy69

April 18th, 2016, 5:48 pm #8

Whoah that intro music made this run so legit! To be honest I forgot contest existed until now, so I'm really interested in how this is going to go. Cant wait for more!

NightmareAura

April 18th, 2016, 7:20 pm #9

Cool to see another run from you. This already seems like a much more lighthearted run.

The focus of music and contests. Interesting.
Photobucket has stopped hosting pictures for free. I'm slowly, but surely, replacing picture links. This includes runs I've already completed so please bare with me. I think I have found a bypass for Photobucket. Sort of... EDIT: There seems to be a Add-on for Chrome to view Photobucket pictures. Seems to work fine for me, but you choose whether it's worth it.
[+] Spoiler
[+] Spoiler
Trainer and Seviper: The Moemon Forever Challenge
Till Death Do Us Part: A Platinum Wedlocke
[+] Spoiler

SprungGeoduck
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Conqueror of the Azalea Gym

April 18th, 2016, 10:14 pm #10

OH LORDY!

*squealing*

Been a fan of all your runs, Gogoat, and I can't wait to see how this one pans out. Seems like it's gonna be a good'un.

Banner by the amazing MissMarquise!

Miki-chan13

April 19th, 2016, 1:05 am #11

AAAAAAAAA!~!!!!1!!!!!!!!!111 8DDDDDDDD

I'm so stoked for this run- I'm already loving Apollo and the characters so far!

I've only read Mack's live reaction black 2 nuzlocke and I was torn between being upset he didn't like one of my favorite games, amazed at his editing skills and loving his narrative and Pokemon characters.

Some music suggestions? Um, Human by Christina Perri, Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift, Try Everything by Shakira, This is War by Thirty Seconds To Mars, This Will Be The Day/ I May Fall/ I Burn/ From Shadows/ Time To Say Good-bye Caffine by Cassandra Lee and Lamar Hall of RWBY Rooster Teeth and I can't remember any other good ones ^^;

Also, I vote Treecko as Apollo's starter if that means anything :)
[/spoiler]

Noossab Blue

April 19th, 2016, 1:35 am #12

Yay I caught a run from the beginning!

I can't wait to see how the contests play out. I seriously suck at them so seeing a master at work will be nice :)
Building up my Sun/Moon breeding pool.
[+] Spoiler
573rd Time's the charm?

Badges: 8 | Deaths: 26 | Status: CHAMPION

(Undocumented OR Run)

Badges: 8 | Deaths: 6 | Status: CHAMPION

No Darkness Without Light
Badges: 2 | Deaths: 4 | Status: Failed

(Undocumented AS Linklocke)

Badges: 8 | Deaths: 15/19 | Status: CHAMPION
[+] Spoiler
1/31/14: I just keep updating this...
Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner!
[+] Spoiler

Four of Six!

Sheepscope
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym

April 19th, 2016, 7:44 am #13

Oh, wow! You're starting this already, that's fantastic! I love what you're doing with Contests, especially just being in them.

Life's always going to be a struggle. Sometimes the world is too much, and especially in Hoenn, you'll find yourself swallowed in the sea (Parade of Lights reminds me strongly of Coldplay)

If you want something a little fun, there's Weapon of Choice.
Final Mix: A Black 2 RBO Nuzlocke
There may be death. And insanity. And occasionally eating yogurt.

Part 8, updated 6/15/18
[+] The Team

Brynn ----------- Cenric
Level 28 ----------- Level 29

Kevak --------- Imogen
Level 4 ------------ Level 25

Katrina ----------- Hubert
Level 20 ---------------- n./a.
[+] The Retired

Victor ----------- Evelyn
Level 5-8 ------------ Level 2-11

Alex
Level 5-13+
Everything in the past leads to the present, and from the present to the future.
I think one's outlook on life depends on whether one spends more time looking out, looking out, or looking out.

GoGoGogoat

April 20th, 2016, 2:21 am #14

I've been swirling around ideas for this run for months now. I hope you're as excited for this as I am!
[+] Replies
Diaper McDiaper: Happy to hear you've been reading, and I hope you enjoy my latest offering!

Shiny Dustox: The narrator mode idea was actually spontaneous, but it looks like it's a real winner, huh?

Jimcloud: I'll see if I can't win you over with the tunes. In any case, there will definitely be chances for instrumental music, so feel free to throw some out there at any time!

Mychro: - Glad to hear it! Of course a big part of how this run plays out depends on my song choices and when/how I use them, so the good start is promising!
- Hey, give Apollo's family time. They have ample opportunity to ruin everything. ;)

Revenant: - I'm trying to get more deeply immersed in my musical side through this run. If I do it right, I'm taking everyone with me!
- YESSSS, anime Contests were great and I am pissed that they vanished entirely after Sinnoh. Musicals are a watered-down mess, and while I haven't seen an anime Showcase the concept sounds like the same issue (and limiting it to girls only is rather bleh). At least with ORAS we have another shot at Contests in the game world.

RedSpeed'15: Thanks, hope you enjoy it!

Tiggy69: Contests forever! Hope you like the run!

SprungGeoduck: I sure think it will. =P

Miki-chan13: Thanks! I have quite a bit planned out for a fairly wide assortment of humans this time around. I think you'll really like what I have in mind. =)

Noossab Blue: Who said I was a master at Contests? I just decided I wanted to do them. I could very well be trash at them. o_o

SheepScope: Even if Contests aren't always part of a Nuzlocke experience, I'd certainly enjoy seeing Hoenn runs do them for fun. Barring that, I'll do them myself!

Last update - (5/31) Interlude #06: Rust // Q+A open!

[+] Spoiler
Jamie
Nora
Beryl
Ridley
Sonata
Emil

Not dead, I promise...

Last update - (1/22) | A compendium of my past and present projects. Check it out!

"So long as you always maintain a sense of exploration, you will someday find the way out. This is my hope."

General Pandemonium
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym
Conqueror of the Goldenrod Gym

April 20th, 2016, 10:38 am #15

Ohhh I am definitely looking forward to this. I loved Luminary but it's going to be fun reading something a bit lighter (I assume).

I've never really done any contests and most runs seem to ignore them so I'm really interested to see you do them.

As for song suggestions... oh boy. I have an absolute TON (and that's just the one's I've come up with in a few minutes). I'll try and keep it to just 3 suggestions per comment but tell me if it's getting excessive.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Maps

Sam Sparro- Black and Gold

Woodkid- Run Boy Run
[+] Spoiler
Hugo Rouge and The Peril of Dimension P: A Pearl Randomlocke
[+] Spoiler
Latest update 31/01
Banner Made by Shiny Dustox
Rizla Lazlo Barrie Xavier Mjolnir Titus

I also do a whole bunch of podcasts on books, TV and comics as part of The Geek Show. You can find us on Mixcloud by searching for Literary Loitering, On The Box and 4-Panel.

Erberor
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Conqueror of the Saffron Gym

April 22nd, 2016, 3:10 am #16

DAMNIT APOLLO YOU'VE EXISTED FOR 10 SECONDS AND I'M ALREADY IN LOVE WITH YOUR SASS!
The Kindred, corrupted fragments of humanity's legacy, must fight if they wish to inherit their broken world.
9/9/18 - Part 14: Anville
"If we can't learn from a world that is 'fake', how can we hope to learn from one that is real?" -paraphrased from the words of Jacob, an old friend and the one who sparked my love of creation

Huntress Wizard

April 22nd, 2016, 9:22 pm #17

alright, how many internal organs did you have to sell to get that capture system

This looks awesome! I love thinking of music that might go along with my runs, so this is right up my alley.

Uh, a song I like is Two Birds by Regina Spektor. It might be good if you have one cautious character and one adventurous character.

crossedblessings
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym

April 23rd, 2016, 4:33 am #18

This looks awesome! I love contest and the remakes gave people a chance to love them all over again.
And, while Huntress Wizard kinda took my inital recommendation, how about Fine on the Outside by Priscilla Ahn . It kind of reminds me of Wally, yeah know? Also, anything by Queen. I love Queen and they have a song for everything. I can't wait to read it all!

Speedcal

April 24th, 2016, 11:53 pm #19

Woohoo! Finally, a Gogoat run that I can read from the start! :)

Apollo seems (is already) a tremendous character especially his narrations. It's really fun to read.

The importance of music in this run is well, awesome! Won't suggest any music for now, but I'm really looking forward to this.